BZPRPG - News and Discussion

FAN;ARC BALOM SKRI;ARC

NO ARCS BUT FOR ARC 3

Makuta has returned.

Of course, to the beleaguered remains of the Dasaka Empire, now bifurcated with an endless ocean between its pieces, there was no Makuta to return at all. All the citizens of the once-proud Kentoku Archipelago know is that their islands have been besieged, their clans have been decimated, and their very way of life is under assault by creatures unfathomable even in their darkest tales of demons and phantoms. Clan Umbraline, first mothers and sisters of the Dasakan people, have fled across the waters - seeking refuge on an island they once eyed greedily. 

As for said island, the return of the darkness is possibly the last thing that can churn their hardy stomachs. The people of Mata Nui, finally recovered from the uncertainty of the Dasaka's arrival and the bloody war to reclaim one of their own villages from Makuta's forces, must now contend with the prospect of their oppressor's reawakening. The petty ambitions of his lieutenants have cost Makuta dearly and bought his adversaries some time; the Akiri, friends as hardened individually by conflict as they were weakened collectively, have finally joined forces as a united government once again, and the Toa Maru, heirs to the First Toa and vanquishers of Makuta, grow restless in pursuit of their destiny. But Makuta will not stay cowed for long.

And far to the north of either island, a third - a landscape that revels in the conflicts that weary its counterparts, one torn apart and stitched together a dozen times over - roils in excitement at the thought of more turmoil. Somewhere, beneath its core, Makuta roils too.

He is not alone in that.

Yeah yeah, you don't need my introduction right now. I'll have a speech planned later - and maybe a BZPRPG podcast? ;)

For now, just enjoy. And thank you.

-Tyler

Edited by Haman Karn: A Magical Girl
  • Like 7

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

3 minutes ago, Visaru said:

Okay, also, how long is the timeskip between the last arc and this one? 

Everyone: assume six to eight weeks as far as the timeskip goes. Joske? Echelon? Dorian? All considered dead. Makuta is back, and everyone feels it, but no one is willing to say the words aloud yet.

-Tyler

• Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

21 minutes ago, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

Everyone: assume six to eight weeks as far as the timeskip goes. Joske? Echelon? Dorian? All considered dead. Makuta is back, and everyone feels it, but no one is willing to say the words aloud yet.

-Tyler

'Echelon' may be presumed dead, but did Scrimblo Plimbo survive?

Edited by BULiK
capitalization
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Does anyone have need of some Skakdi muscle in Zakaz? I've got a mercenary who would love to tag along on some quest or battle, it would be fun to start playing with them already hired onto some job.  

I'm also looking for a Warlord for my second Skakdi PC to follow (Maybe someone needs to get to that 2 PC follower requirement, eh?)

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

14 minutes ago, Visaru said:

Does anyone have need of some Skakdi muscle in Zakaz? I've got a mercenary who would love to tag along on some quest or battle, it would be fun to start playing with them already hired onto some job.  

I'm also looking for a Warlord for my second Skakdi PC to follow (Maybe someone needs to get to that 2 PC follower requirement, eh?)

Oh hoho, have I got a proposal for you.

(Just give me a little time pls.)

• Like 2

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

22 minutes ago, Visaru said:

yes

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Had not realized the profile topic was for finished profiles, not for getting them approved. My apologies. To summarize my concern, Dece/Kanohi is a returning character from the first year or so of the game, and based off Vakama from LOMN he occasionally experiences confusing stressful visions of contemporary and potentially future events. This was a part of his original bio, and is based on canon, and I would be happy having to ask gm approval before he has a vision. But as it has been a decade, I wanted to check that there would be no difficulties with this in part three, or if I should abandon the character.  

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

4 minutes ago, Harvali said:

Had not realized the profile topic was for finished profiles, not for getting them approved. My apologies. To summarize my concern, Dece/Kanohi is a returning character from the first year or so of the game, and based off Vakama from LOMN he occasionally experiences confusing stressful visions of contemporary and potentially future events. This was a part of his original bio, and is based on canon, and I would be happy having to ask gm approval before he has a vision. But as it has been a decade, I wanted to check that there would be no difficulties with this in part three, or if I should abandon the character.  

Nope, don't even sweat it. There's no worries about profile approval before posting in the BZPRPG, same as when you were last here. Have fun, and as long as the visions don't get too metagame-y feel free to have fun with those too.

4 minutes ago, Ramona Flowers said:

she's baaaaaaaaaaack

my heart is in freaking tatters already wow. Sad!

-Tyler

• Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I hereby am recruiting fun-loving murder-happy skakdi to lend their rotating sawblades to the forces of--

Fort Garsi, the Keep of Bones

Controlling character
The woman herself, Ipsudir Garsi—a figure of towering charisma not matched by her stature.   But this warlord loves to play with expectations, and she values people as clever and as ruthless as she is.

Location Southeast Zakaz, the mountains in between Spineless Bay and The Warrens.

Description  Fort Garsi is a near perfect cube, the result of a long line of Stone Skakdi with perhaps too much time on their hands.   The walls are cut through with patterns of iron—some say they’re Nakhil witchcraft but it’s more likely that the hundreds of cleverly concealed blades are what actually keeps anyone from climbing them.

Any would-be conquerer, however would have to first make their way through the acre of iron fences, false tunnels, real tunnels, conveniently collapsable trenches, and the occasional hungry rahi.  There’s a reason this keep has stood for centuries.

Forces The Garsi family has sway over a few dozen retainers whose families gathered around Amanis;dii when she first seized these lands.   These are the people most likely to actually be at the fort.

Ipsudir, in her campaign to both seize back the lands stolen by Malnak and restore the clans reputation as warriors, has ordered those physically able to to take a more aggressive role in combat and to leave the keep more often.  She’s also started to recruit new blood, but she doesn’t want a simple mercenary after money—she wants people with goals, with pride in their work, with ambition…not too much though, for their own health.   The Lady of Linens took her position by resting it from the cold hands of quite a few people, and she knows that there are plenty who would like to do the same to her.

Loot Only one way to find out…gather together and roll the dice.

Edited by Mel
  • Like 5

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

2 minutes ago, Smudge8 said:

How many :Dii are there? I have a character idea of a skakdi who is trying to live up their grandparent's legacy, and I was wondering if it would be ok to make up a skakdi that achived :Dii status.

Very few people have reached that status. I think Tyler's estimate was a couple dozen in all of Skakdi history. A ;Dii sounds more like what you're looking for. No less respected, but more fitting for an ancestor to live up to than a :Dii. A family standard rather than a species one.

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG