BZPRPG - News and Discussion

Our Great Republic

Post here detailing a bit more about the state of Kentoku, including a TL;DR underneath. As Ty said in his post prior to this one, feel free to assume your Dasakan characters (particularly Toroshu) are present in the War Room and play accordingly! Should be a fun time here on the Kentoku Archipelago going forwards!

(Long live the Rora)

Edited by Palm
  • Like 3

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

11 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

outsiders are back? too bad my character already got another job that probably pays better B-)

anyways am i allowed to bunny an npc ta-koro guard to get my imprisoned character out of prison? he was detained to be interrogated so i could just do the interrogation and let him go

though im not sure if the ta-koro guard would let an akreian worshipper go, even if they didnt technically commit any crime. talk about bigotry

Honestly, at this point I can't even remember exactly what he was arrested for so you can say he was released

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Tarkahn needs to ask more questions. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

29 minutes ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

you didnt even give him a paper contract to sign, that would’ve revealed it

but yeah this trait was always part of his profile as a weakness lol

so you're saying that they should have read the profile? ironic.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Akiri announcement

Alright, so I'm going to put this out here now, so that people have the opportunity to actually have a think about it and get in on it if they so wish. As part of an agreement I've made with @Silvan Haven, Onu-and Po-Koro have set up a joint research initiative for sharing technological discoveries.

The Onu half of this equation is the academy currently mentioned in the location topic:

On 8/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

Also of note is the construction of the Onu-Koro Academy: the Onu-Koronan branch of the newly-formed research alliance between Onu- and Po-Koro. Brilliant minds are being searched for to add to this burgenoning R&D hub, and technological achievements in the two Koros go back and forth through this institution.

So, I'm putting the word out. If people have characters with something to contribute, this is one place to go. I'm especially curious if any of the newly-arrived Ringti craftswomen of Kentoku might be interested. Some cultural exchange on top of the technological would be pretty interesting, I think.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

We better get mass production Ussanui models out of this.

(I dunno why my brain immediately jumped on that, but I do want it.  >_>)

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

So looks like there's another Darkwalk quest cropping up, this one in Ko-Wahi! A group of new Ko-Matoran recruits is going on a scouting mission along with the Ihu-Koro Highlanders. If you're interested in joining the expedition, I'm happy to discuss details, or you can go ahead and just post with your mercenary / sanctum guard character already having being hired onto the team. 

Happy hunting, don't let the Rahkshi bite!

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Reminder that you have until tomorrow at midnight to submit your forts in Zakaz under the grace period! After that, steal one or get your mooks to build one!

-Tyler

• Like 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

17 minutes ago, Zalty said:

What thread do we do this in?

You can just fill out the form in the profiles topic and PM it to me. Remember that you have to have two PCs from other players along for the ride, but that hasn't been a problem so far. Good to see you back.

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

2 minutes ago, Smudge8 said:

I'm going to regret this...

Would anyone be insterested in a fort that's basicaly just an oficial Sarke tournament spot? It'd be like an over the top exercize Gym.

YES

-Tyler

• Like 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

4 minutes ago, Smudge8 said:

I'm going to regret this...

Would anyone be insterested in a fort that's basicaly just an oficial Sarke tournament spot? It'd be like an over the top exercize Gym.

Do it. Zakazian fight club.

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Sounds like it's a go. I'll get working on it. I'll just need a couple other players to back me up.  Preferhably characters who could work as "staff" to keep the facilities functioning. 

I've also got to decide where to put it.  

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Hello @Razgriz (and everyone else) Here's my oficial write up for the Gym Fort

Fort name: The Place

Controlling character: The Wanderer

Location : On the plains between southern badlands and Irnak’s Jaw

Description or image: For many ages the greatest Skakdi warriors have gathered at “The place,” A large ruined Colosseum built by the Lesterin. Legends say that Lesterin would come here to watch Shakthi slaves participate in gladiatorial fights. Although the Lesterin are gone, the games continue.  Every few years great Sarke wrestlers gather here to test their strength against the greatest warriors on the island. The Place is regarded as a sacred neutral ground by most Skakdi. Warbands of ages past took care to pas it by, less they be cursed for desecrating this space.

For a long time The Place was taken care of by an order known as “The Foolish Ones.” Who dedicated themselves to the sport of Sarke.  It was their job to organize events, provide equipment and food, and to slow the decay of the structure. When not performing their duties or hosting events the order members focused on physical self improvement.However their members were few, and enthusiasm waned, and eventually the group vanished.

The structure stood vacant for merely a Decade, until a mysterious old man known as “The Wanderer” Set up shop. He and a small group of others are endeavoring to re-establish The Foolish Ones. They plan to arrange regular tournaments.  There is only one rule, no fighting outside of the Arena.

There are many rooms inside the great walls of the coliseum. These rooms are filled with Barracks, Armories,  exercise/training rooms, and a The Wanderer’s Bar. There are even more secret rooms beneath the foundation, which function as the private rooms of the Order.  

Forces The Wanderer, (positions currently open)

Loot (this will be assigned by the staff upon approval)

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

I just got home from work, I'll send you my profile in the next couple of days. I'm interested in either an executive position like Fight Promotion, or Stadium Coordinator— or commentary. As a lifelong martial artist, this strikes a unique chord— I actually was considering something extremely similar, based off of Lumpinee Stadium or Pride FC. Look forward to working with you.

helo frens

16 minutes ago, Aurora the cat said:

Hey, been more than a long time since I've been through here.  Anyone have any links to what happened after the vault opened?  I never got to see the arc through due to life issues, and would love to catch up.

Read this:

On 8/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, Krayzikk said:

Chapter III. Ends and Beginnings, Victories and Loss

• The Chojo, Umbraline Desdemona, disappears from the Imperial City. Lord Rayuke sequesters himself while his aid seeks her whereabouts.
  • Disparate forces begin to infiltrate villain-controlled Ko-Koro, including an effort by Toa Maru Oreius that resulted in a fight between himself and Legacy lieutenant Eisen ending in his defeat and rescue by Korero.
  • Lord Rayuke’s aid Masayoshi travels to the Dastana for information, and learns that they have captured Battlemaster Inokio. Under duress Inokio explains that he is working for the Fursics, and that they were behind Rora Yusanora’s death. Masayoshi forcibly enlists his aid to travel to Kozu
  • A mysterious Matoran gathers five Matoran, Leli, Lepidran, Kellin, Seven, and Tarnok, and one Dashi, Soraya, to Kini-Nui.

• Joske confronts, and is killed by, the Necromancer Echelon. Echelon uses his Komau to discover what the hero learned in the Legend.
  • Full scale battle results in Ko-Koro after the Toa Maru, less Reordin and Oreius, discover the location of Echelon’s hostages. Independent forces, including those of rallied former Island Liberation Front members headed by Toa Maru Reordin, join the fray.
  • The Chosen Matoran are lead by Takua to the Keeping Place, and transported to Lord Rayuke’s garden in the Archipelago.

• Dorian, enraged by Joske’s death, makes arrangements to confront Echelon at the Vault.

• Masayoshi and Inokio storm Kozu, where Desdemona has been captured. Splitting up, Masayoshi confronts and slays the treacherous Fursic Toroshu while Inokio and Desdemona defeat her hired Battlemaster Sheika and return to Sado.

• Dorian and Echelon have a final confrontation at the Vault. During the battle Echelon is slain, and the crystalline flamberge is inserted into the keyhole.

• Rayuke and the Chosen Matoran, having deciphered the riddle left at the Vault, travel to the summit of Mt. Koshiki and insert Rayuke’s metal blade into the corresponding lock there.
  • The Portals opened both on Mata Nui and the Kentoku Archipelago, a deal is struck in Nowhere. In exchange for the safety of Rayuke and the Chosen Matoran Makuta escapes from Nowhere onto Kentoku and unleashes his Rahkshi.
  • On Mata Nui, Ko-Koro falls under a sustained assault by the Toa Maru, ILF, Gukko Force, a detachment of Sentinels, and the Ihu-Koran Highlanders supported by a detachment of the Ta-Koro Guard. Eisen and the surviving Legacy leadership retreat from the battle, beaten but alive.

• Rora Yumiwa orders an evacuation of the Kentoku Archipelago for the Umbralines and their allies, as well as any who would heed her advice. The exodus is brutal and violent, but both Desdemona and Yumiwa make it safely to their ship. Inokio is killed in the fighting and Rayuke stays behind.
  • Assailed by an infected Kanohi Dragon, Desdemona is rendered catatonic by her use of Soulfire to defeat it. Dastana forces sail into the capital for its defense and occupation.

Arc III

• The Dasakan Fleet arrives on Mata Nui, the Chosen Matoran in tow.

21 hours ago, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

You can just fill out the form in the profiles topic and PM it to me. Remember that you have to have two PCs from other players along for the ride, but that hasn't been a problem so far. Good to see you back.

-Tyler

Would 2 or more other players be interested in a matriarchal coven based in the Spineless Islands that train in pairs with a focus on perfecting their combined elements for combat? Males allowed, but limited in the ranks they can hold. 

Edited by ARROW404
  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

What level of technology does Zakaz have re. boats?

Have the Skakdi figured out motors of some kind, or are they still wholly reliant on rowing/sailing?

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

21 minutes ago, Whisper said:

What level of technology does Zakaz have re. boats?

Have the Skakdi figured out motors of some kind, or are they still wholly reliant on rowing/sailing?

Traditionally, rowing and sailing have been the main propulsion methods, yes.

Lesterin are natural sailors and maintain a strong tradition of building swift, elegant sailing ships with complicated rigging systems etc. They're very much in their "age of sail". Skakdi, on the other hand, have no shortage of powerful labour and so have favoured galleys for their simplicity and reliability. There is plenty of overlap and hybridisation between the two, of course.

However, engine technology has been gaining traction recently (no pun intended) on Zakaz, especially with Avak's sonic-powered motorcycles being in vogue among certain warlords, so powered vessels are becoming more common (but still relatively rare and rather more difficult to build).

• Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Okay. The idea I was tossing around was more of a scouting vehicle than a full-sized ship. Basically just a two-person rowboat with some kind of rudimentary engine bolted on the back, capable of coughing up some speed for brief bursts. Good for a quick getaway, but not meant to be the main means of making it move.

Is that within the realms of native tech for Zakaz, or would that fall more into Tech Item territory? 

14 hours ago, Constructelf said:

The Chosen Matoran are lead by Takua to the Keeping Place, and transported to Lord Rayuke’s garden in the Archipelago.

Wait, Takua?  I think I need to reread the Kentoku wrap-up...  o_o

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )