BZPRPG - News and Discussion

BZPRPG is back! :D Everything seems so complex and the world seems so huge though‚ so until I feel comfortable interacting with the world at large‚ I'm gonna just go fishing for awhile.... stay tuned for the high quality Bionicle fishing storyline you never knew you needed:afro::gahlok:

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

double posting moment :drool:

I'm still trying to learn all the old lore and "main" storylines but what a monumental task lol. In the mean time‚ I've been having a blast brainstorming stuff to do with my fisherman Toa (no spoilers:evilbiggrin:) and want to lean in more to slice-of-life type RP within BZPRPG‚ which is where this post and YOU come in! Anyone feeling down for some average-joe slice of life type casual gaming? Here's what I'm thinking so far:

• Onu-Koro miners going on an expedition for lightstones
  • Revelers traveling from Koro to Koro to see all the sights and interact with the locals
  • Bird/Rahi watchers going into the wilderness to watch some birds/Rahi
  • Ussal Shipment caravan/company where we drive Ussal-pulled carts from Po-Koro to somehwere (not feeling this one as much)
  • Pilgrims going on a pilgramage (to Ihu-Koro?) to pay respects to the Great Spirit and pray for the island inhabitabt's well-being
  • Lava-Surfers/adrenaline thrill-seekers
  • ???

I'm open to other ideas as well! I think you get the jist here; basically there's a ton of fun‚ small little stories to unfold within this larger world. If any of this sounds fun‚ hit me up with a DM and we can figure out a fun little slice of life story to share together! If you're looking to have small-commitment side stories to your main characters or just want to try out a different kind of RP to what you're used to than this might be a great oppurtunity for you! Disclaimer: I don't know how to play a slice-of-life story with the skakdi and zakaz for now because they seem more aggressive and same with the lesterin but because it's all foreign and I'm not quite immersed in that world yet so this is just on Mata-Nui for now...

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Well it’s the one month anniversary of Act 3 starting, so here is the Kanohi BZPRPG short story I wrote, in case anyone would be interested in checking it out. Takes place 3 days before his first act 3 post, with him saving a Ta-Matoran.

• Like 5

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

If we're all sharing OC content, I've been fooling around with Lego Studio and made a respectable moc of Talli, if I do say so myself.

Talli2.png

• Like 13

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

2 hours ago, Leaf said:

For those in the Dark Walk group, "are you ready" means I'll be moving us into it with my next post unless someone objects.

@Krayzikk @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Ramona Flowers @Keeper of Kraata@ARROW404 @Perp @Void Emissary@Daniel the Finlander 

If I missed someone I'm sorry. There are a lot of you.

ayo ready for titanfall

• Like 2

We brought it back...

An ancient tradition...

Fan;Cast Balom BZIII;Cast

In record time, the rebooted BZPRPG podcast has been recorded and edited (Under a week? What?)

This pilot episode is a long one, and we'll smooth out the format and any technical difficulties as we go further, but it's a fun ride.

When @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl, @Krayzikk, and I aren't referencing inside jokes, making memes, or licking batteries, we're answering many questions players have had about Zakaz's development, the lull in between Arcs, the philosophy of current day GMs regarding staff plots, player character power levels, foreign tech, and even talking about what favorite characters of yours we've been reading.

Give it a listen when you have the time, and any feedback is appreciated! We're hoping to generate some discussion, and shed some light on some of the stuff that's happened behind the scenes.

I want to also give a HUGE thanks to @Razgriz and @Ramona Flowers for elevating the concept of a post-reading-cold-open into another level with voice and musical talent, respectively.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 15

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

2 hours ago, Perp said:

now tyler that’s just plane rude

you sound like a real GROUCH

banned. banned. banned. banned. banned banned banned baNNED BANNED

Max is a rock star and without him this would have been a lesser experience, and I'm excited to get to invite more of you on as these podcasts go on throughout the arc to chat and chime in on The Discourse. A special thanks to Krayzikk for guest starring in this first one.

-Tyler

• Like 11

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hey, I've just joined and I'd love to get to know the people I'm playing with. (I've met @Vezok's Friend, @TL01 NUVA and @Geardirector elsewhere, and probably some others too)
And if anyone has any tips for what Timak should join in with (who wants a toa of sonics on their party?) I'd love to hear them.

• Like 7

@ToaTom there's definitely lots going on around the game in various locations. You can always approach other characters or go for the classic "open for interaction" post as well! Especially since people are still joining in the game or getting characters back up and running with the new arc starting, people usually bite. Worth mentioning those two options if you don't end up planning to join up with an ongoing group or upcoming event.

Welcome to the game, btw!

• Like 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

8 hours ago, Rahisaurus said:

Hey, I've just joined and I'd love to get to know the people I'm playing with. (I've met @Vezok's Friend, @TL01 NUVA and @Geardirector elsewhere, and probably some others too)
And if anyone has any tips for what Timak should join in with (who wants a toa of sonics on their party?) I'd love to hear them.

In Ga-Wahi I think the three major groupings right now are the gathering at the Takea, Leah's party coming back from the Darkwalk, and Whitehot and Co. giving Sato a tour of the Wahi. The latter, at the very least, should be pretty easy to jump in on. Probably Leah's little trio as well.

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

@ARROW404 @Snelly after Hakari posts, are you okay with us heading to the outskirts of the Fau Swamp and then pausing before continuing? That way Kanohi can do his arts and crafts project before we get into the roughest part of Le-Wahi?

• Like 2

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

3 hours ago, Harvali said:

@ARROW404 @Snelly after Hakari posts, are you okay with us heading to the outskirts of the Fau Swamp and then pausing before continuing? That way Kanohi can do his arts and crafts project before we get into the roughest part of Le-Wahi?

heck yeah lets goooo

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

6 hours ago, Harvali said:

Yeah, works for me

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

@ARROW404 @Snelly okay confession time, another player had to point out to me that the Fau Swamp is to the west. Luckily Kanohi canonically has a bad sense of geography, so we maybe can excuse it. @Onaku is the one who noticed the issue, credit where it’s due, and has suggested we make the red path our route. Which kind of makes sense, the volcano should be visible for kios, so it makes sense Kanohi might want to use it as a landmark to not get lost. Plus it does cross into the swamp
3A280AA9-E032-4ADE-A493-205924575E2D.png.d8ecada904ade6c3a73a84571c099280.png
My apologies for my own bad sense of geography. 

24 minutes ago, Harvali said:

@ARROW404 @Snelly okay confession time, another player had to point out to me that the Fau Swamp is to the west. Luckily Kanohi canonically has a bad sense of geography, so we maybe can excuse it. @Onaku is the one who noticed the issue, credit where it’s due, and has suggested we make the red path our route. Which kind of makes sense, the volcano should be visible for kios, so it makes sense Kanohi might want to use it as a landmark to not get lost. Plus it does cross into the swamp
3A280AA9-E032-4ADE-A493-205924575E2D.png.d8ecada904ade6c3a73a84571c099280.png
My apologies for my own bad sense of geography. 

Thhat's a gorgeous map, what's the source?

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I am not sure, but I first saw it on one of the discord channels I am on/lurk on. Here’s the full map.

F999D2B3-EF4C-42F1-A268-3393634E24AD.png
edit: though it seems to have shrunken a bit when I posted it.

Edited by Harvali

@Harvali @ARROW404

That’s my own map of Mata Nui, glad to hear you like it! It’s not officially canon but it’s about as accurate as I can possibly make it. I was just about to post the latest update to it, so stay tuned for that

Additionally, you can find a link to it in my sig

Edit: Here's V3.2 of the map:

V3.2_Map_Labelled.png

Blank Map | Regions Only | Title Only

Here are the changes from version 3.1:

• Reduced prominence of Papa Nihu beaches
  • Lightened Papa Nihu streams
  • Decreased depth of the Kumu Abyss and added sunken islet details
  • Attached Naho Falls to the Hura-Mafa River
  • Increased prominence and height of Mt. Ihu peak
  • Decreased height of western Ko-Wahi mountains
  • Added small alpine forests to Ko-Wahi
  • Added more waterfalls (especially to the Hura-Mafa)
  • Shrunk down Tiro Canyon
  • Revised Po-Koro and added greenery
  • Revised Ostia and Forsi
  • Revised the Massif
  • Added Dark Walk entrances (where visible)
  • Labelled previously-unlabeled locations (The Massif, Blackrock Canyon, Piraka Clubhouse)
  • Changed "North March Station" to "North March (Obsidian Outpost)"
  • Changed "Nokama Port" to "Nokama Port (The Rockwall)"
  • Added new labelled locations (The Crucible, Darkmine)
  • Added more secret locations
Edited by Perp
  • Like 10

The Mystix were once notorious across all Mata Nui: bat-like warriors who appeared seemingly from nowhere to assault Le-Koro, led by their would-be Emperor, Ignotus. Their attack was repelled, and the attackers themselves banished by our dear, departed Matau, from there to retreat into the shadows and plot their return. Rumour spread of a new leader in their midst - Zarnarax, brother of the now-dead Ignotus (stabbed in the back and left for the Rahi in the Drifts, some say), had taken charge, and laid out plans to conquer Mata Nui non-violently through guile and political machinations.

But that was many years ago, now. Preoccupied with the terrors of Makuta and Its eventual defeat, and the turmoil that followed, most have long since forgotten or ceased to care about the mysterious race. Few now speak their name, relegated only to fireside tales and the drunken braggadocio of Gukko-riders. Fewer still ask the question:

What became of the Mystix?

FATE OF THE MYSTIX
PART ONE: OF FANGS AND FLAME

alright shitbirds, this is the fruit of blood, sweat, tears, and an utter inability to set limitations upon ourselves. this is the biggest, most masturbatory goddamn jam you have ever seen in your entire goddamned lives, courtesy of myself (you're bloody well welcome), @Wotz (welcome back buddy), and @Pteronura Brasiliensis (yeah, he's here too). this is in effect not only the official announcement that the chiropteran mystix are back (details in my profiles post), but also the most overwrought and self-indulgent possible recap of just what it is that happened to them at the end of arc 1. no retcons have occurred, no new canon has been added, but that stuff happened literally 8 years ago and even we didn't remember it, so it'd be wild to expect any of you to. you wanna make a mystix? read this post or like, shoot me a message or whatever and i can give the rundown. you wanna keep up with the Grand Mystix Plotline of Arc 3, or get directly involved? you'd best read this, AND throw me a line on discord or in PMs, because we are quite literally going places with this. so you dickwads had better read this utter circle-jerk of a truly epic, novelette-length jam and you had better bloody well enjoy it

thank you

honk honk mothertruckers

Edited by Goose
  • Like 12

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

If, hypothetically, someone were to make the suicidally stupid decision to approach Mount Koshiki and attempt to communicate with the Rahkshi, who would be the staff member to tag?

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

5 minutes ago, Nato The Whisperer said:

If, hypothetically, someone were to make the suicidally stupid decision to approach Mount Koshiki and attempt to communicate with the Rahkshi, who would be the staff member to tag?

Any of us could handle it for you.

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

@ARROW404 / dark walk crew: just to make sure you guys are aware OOC since I realized things might have been somewhat unclear, Skorm still seems to be on the ceiling visually as well, and his lightstone is still hovering up there. More is going on than just getting sucked away, not that you all are aware of any of that.

Don't worry.

Everything will be fine.

• Like 5

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles