2 minutes ago, Bjorkway said:

dragons and violence go hand in hand

you know what else goes hand in hand with violence? the bzprpg

i rest my case y'all

i'm going to do violence on you with these hands

• Like 5

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I'm going to make a Lesterine Bounty Hunter and I'm trying to come up with a cool piece of forein tech. What kind of special power would be cool to give a sniper rifle? My current idea is just a freeze ray but I'm open to other ideas. preferhably something that doesn't have to be lethal, or something with extra utility beyond "Shoot people"

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

1 hour ago, Smudge8 said:

I'm going to make a Lesterine Bounty Hunter and I'm trying to come up with a cool piece of forein tech. What kind of special power would be cool to give a sniper rifle? My current idea is just a freeze ray but I'm open to other ideas. preferhably something that doesn't have to be lethal, or something with extra utility beyond "Shoot people"

freeze rays are based as long as they're not ice beams (that's so johnny snow) 2012 is back baby

if you were thinking freeze ray maybe something along the lines of https://subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Stasis_Rifle will give you inspiration, or perhaps going old school with the classic implausible tranquilizer rifle or even something more new wave like https://deusex.fandom.com/wiki/P.E.P.S.

or for more old school vibes, a net launcher is classic.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

sorry boys too much wine

Edited by Mel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Hear!  Belet’s horn heralds the coming of a new dawn.  It praises those still left to Hunt in the day, and it mourns those who have been Hunted in the night.  It instructs the weak to become mighty, and it instructs the mighty to reach greater heights.  It calls us all to Hunt- for game, for glory, for godhood.

To live is to Hunt.  To Hunt is to kill.  To kill is to live.

The Hunt gives, and the Hunt takes away.

Praise be to the name of the Hunt!

for your consideration:
KAIAKAN CLAN- OKHOTNIK

EYRIE
Jabbar Peak, east of the High Eyrie, is generally regarded as the Okhotnik clan’s territory.  A frequent victim of blizzards and avalanches, it nevertheless houses a great many resources for those with the tenacity to Hunt for them.

The clan’s decently sized main village consists of many dome-shaped huts made of bone, hide, and fur, able to be collapsed for relocation.  Hunters’ huts form a protective ring around the yard, which houses the cookfires, stables, and leaders’ huts.  Offshoot “villages”- little more than outriders’ campsites- can be found close by, or far away from, the village, and follow it wherever it goes.

The clan frequently travels up and down Jabbar Peak, going where the resources are, never lingering in a spent spot for too long.  Their emblem- the skull of a great cat beast, thrust through with a spear- marks every resting place, new and old.  Okhotnik was here.

CULTURE
The Okhotnik clan and its responsibilities are divided into three groups- Hunters, priests, and administrators.  Each group is overseen by a chingghis (Kaiakan word roughly translated as “chief”), who are themselves overseen by a chingghis eh-chingghis (“chief of chiefs”).

While everyone is expected to know how to Hunt, Hunters Hunt as their primary job.  They seek out resources in the region they have settled down in- primarily beasts, to use as food and construction material, but also lumber, valuables, and sometimes other sapient beings- conquer what they can each day, and bring it back to the village.  Some Hunters take on the role of outriders, surveying as-yet untouched territory to see if the village will be able to survive there.

Priests are charged with conducting religious ceremonies and overseeing other traditional rituals.

Administrators are the closest thing the clan has to royalty.  They oversee the allocation of resources and manpower, uphold clan law, and in general makes sure that the clan survives another day.  Administrators also tend to be the greatest of the clan’s Hunters, and are always at the head of the caravan when the village relocates, ready to act as the first line of defense.

TRADITIONS
The Okhotnik clan has taken the Kaiakan mantra of survival to its logical extreme and turned it into a religion.  Eschewing the idea of cosmic beings that embody good and evil, they instead worship the Hunt- a metaphor for the daily chance to prove that one can weather the constant hardships of life and make themselves worthy of seeing another sunrise.  As famous clan scripture says, “To live is to Hunt.  To Hunt is to kill.  To kill is to live.”  Every aspect of clan life is tied in some way or another to the Hunt.  The closest thing they have to gods are their folk heroes, whom they exalt as prized trophies claimed by death itself.

The chingghis eh-chingghis is expected to be knowledgeable in matters Hunt-related, religious, and administrative.  When he dies, his first male heir is tentatively named his successor.  The clan is then assembled to witness a ritual of challenge, where the heir and the eligible chingghis fight bare-handed in a ring of stones.  The result of the ritual can only be determined by bloodshed.  If a chingghis spills the heir’s blood, they become the chingghis eh-chingghis But if no drop of the heir’s blood is spilled, he remains the successor.

There can be- and have been- female chingghis, but the chingghis eh-chingghis is always male.  Holders of the former title are addressed with the honorific gol (“sir/ma’am”), and holders of the latter with the honorific tem-gol (“great sir”).

ATTITUDES
The Okhotnik clan believes that outsiders should remain outside unless specifically allowed in.  They see an uninvited guest as a challenge to prove that they are still the dominant force on Jabbar Peak.  It is not uncommon to see strange and foreign weapons scattered among their more traditional arsenal, trophies taken from defeated outsiders.

When everyone is in their place, however, clan opinions soften somewhat.  They at best tolerate the other Kaiakan clans, begrudgingly respect the Skakdi- especially those who have gone the way of the warlord- and view non-combatant types like the Lesterin as pushovers who did not earn their lives through triumph in the Hunt.

good evening bzprpg, it's ya boy capMARVELOUS.  are things on seprilli happening just a little too slowly for your tastes?  do you feel as if your profiles post is missing a certain rustic flair?  do you want to take advantage of a currently unexploited niche like the filthy capitalist you are?  do you like snow?  if you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then congratulations!  the okhotnik clan, the first(?) player-created kaiakan clan, is for you!  the tl;dr on these guys is that they've basically spent the last however-long-it's-been mucking about in the eyries of seprilli and doing their best to survive- the usual kaiakan shtick.  but with all the weird goings-on going on lately, and with a massive clan shake-up on the horizon, just surviving may end up becoming much harder than it already is.

if you're interested in making important clan figures, or clan figures in general, graduate from mere npc's to full-fledged characters (and by extension, helping lighten the load of running this entire thing), then don't hesitate!  apply now!

• Like 7

Relax a little with the one word posts, everybody, especially the ones that don't actually contribute anything. Just because we're not quite so fussy about N&D etiquette anymore doesn't mean we really want spam in here, okay?

• Like 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

2 minutes ago, Krayzikk said:

Relax a little with the one word posts, everybody, especially the ones that don't actually contribute anything. Just because we're not quite so fussy about N&D etiquette anymore doesn't mean we really want spam in here, okay?

• Upvote 7

helo frens

Anything in the morally dubious to evil range happening that could use some extra muscle? I'd like to introduce a semi bad guy character and get him involved in some interesting stuff, without necessarily approaching some other ethically ambiguous characters as if he just has a criminal element detector.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oncertainty said:

Anything in the morally dubious to evil range happening that could use some extra muscle? I'd like to introduce a semi bad guy character and get him involved in some interesting stuff, without necessarily approaching some other ethically ambiguous characters as if he just has a criminal element detector.

If submarines aren't your style, I'm putting together a train heist crew soon.

And for those that have been waiting for it, apologies for the delays, though there might be some progress soon if I get around to it.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

2 hours ago, Razgriz said:

aeragot is already doing great not sure what you mean brother

Hey I mean, so far as Aeragot is concerned he's only as morally dubious as the statement "Maybe we shouldn't use lethal force on people who board our submarine without asking," he wants to fight the Makuta just as much as the next Toa

32 minutes ago, BULiK said:

If submarines aren't your style, I'm putting together a train heist crew soon.

And for those that have been waiting for it, apologies for the delays, though there might be some progress soon if I get around to it.

And yeah I've already got a character pretty involved in the submarine debacle, this new character would definitely be all aboard with the possibility of a train heist though!

• Like 1

@oncertaintyThere's also a Fursic privateering ship I've been putting together (before I got busy for a minute there), among other things I know are going on. So you've got some options!

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hmmm...

Well, there's a certain group of professional and neophyte adventurers forming in Ga-Koro soon, although not short on volunteers by any means. Mostly, if not all, are Matoran, too. Maybe for Timak to learn to be a Toa he has to remember how to be a Matoran...

1 hour ago, BULiK said:

certain group of professional and neophyte adventurers

Ooh, could you by any chance give me a quick rundown on what they're doing so far? I've seen bits of it happening but I haven't had the bandwidth to keep up with that plotline and/or who's involved in it, sorry.

7 hours ago, Rahisaurus said:

Ooh, could you by any chance give me a quick rundown on what they're doing so far? I've seen bits of it happening but I haven't had the bandwidth to keep up with that plotline and/or who's involved in it, sorry.

Assuming that he's talking about the group I'm leading, we haven't done much of anything yet since we've been waiting for his character and a couple others to join up with the rest of us in Ga. But once we're assembled, the first thing we're gonna do is go look for a Miracle Cactus in Po-Wahi to cure my character Eita's migraines. And then after that I've got a little adventure that we'll be going on. 

• Like 2

cool :D now to figure out the search terms to catch myself up...
If you want, one of them could bump into Timak and "hire" them (they're naïve enough to just go with, i think)

or if Timak overhears them worrying about the adventure, they might offer to join since they have a bit of an inadequacy complex and "protecting" matoran satisfies that probably