BZPRPG - News and Discussion

So if you're johnny blocksville does this mean this is Brakas?

edit: testing if edits work...again

Edited by BULiK
testing if edits work.. once more
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 12:12 AM, BULiK said:

No, that old gig? We're gonna be much more professional than that.

It's actually reference to something that will happen this arc, provided enough widget-loving risk-takers from the Outsiders are there to help make it happen ;)

This is the public call to arms - if you have a lawfully-dubious character that likes widgets, joyrides, trains, heists, train heists, and perhaps most importantly, fun, then I'd recommend getting them started at or near the Outsiders, because some foolhardy thief might just propose the biggest score of their lives.

Expect some movement on the planning side for that soon™

So if you want to take part, getting a character to the Outsiders within the not-too-distant future is your fastest ticket to the wildest Iron Mahi ride that they'll ever see.

It will certainly not be easily, and success is by no means guaranteed, but the plan is that it will at the very least be legendary. What more could a merc want?

It only took *checks watch* almost six months (:yeshoney:), but we're finally on the cusp of launching Mata Nui's greatest caper: robbing a train to steal the first cars ever. If you want to join in - yes, that means you - please get in touch with me within a week.

Wait, what? Yup. Train heist + grand theft auto. On Mata Nui. You heard me right. Our characters will be legends, either through infamy of their success or the wild story of how it all went hilariously wrong.

How are we going to pull this off? Well, Quoribay just elaborated a basic outline of a plan in a post in Ko-Wahi, but as with any good heist movie, that's not the entire plan, and we won't spend the entire runtime showing the characters planning the nitty gritty of the plan before running through it all. There are always those twists and turns that were planned ahead that instead, we get the joy of learning as the characters do them, with maybe even some flashbacks to that IC planning session. To emulate this and prevent a deadlock of posting, what we're doing is doing a little bit of OOC planning that summarizes the IC planning, and then immediately dropping our characters in media res as the heist (or any requisite prep, depending on the plan) begins. Pretty slick, eh?

How do I get involved? I've left it open ended so anyone can still join in if they want to by saying that my thief Matoran Quoribay recruited them earlier on his way to Obsidian Outpost. Or hey, maybe they came to join the Outsiders at the perfect time, that's an option too. Just give me a heads up on the character you're planning to bring and, barring any major inconsistencies, you'll be clear to just show up and join in on the fun.

If I don't hear from anyone within a week we'll keeping going with the characters we have on the heist crew so far.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 10

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hey everyone! I've been hoping to put a character onto Zakaz and play around in there for a while now, but I haven't been sure where to go and what to do -- exploring the Rift has seemed like a pretty promising path, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions/recommendations? I haven't had time to pay close attention to the Zakaz topics, so I'm a little out of loop on what's going on there, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Word is spreading on Mata Nui.

The Infernavika has made port in Ostia, and her captain has a revelation to share: he knows the location of Zakaz, and is preparing to sail there in the near future. He's more than happy to offer passage aboard his ship, and will provide the location to any captains wishing to make the voyage personally (all for a reasonable price, of course). If you have a character on Mata Nui you'd like to send to the Zakaz region, this is your chance.

Also, the 'Vika is a little short-staffed at present, so Lohkar is actively recruiting new crewmembers. If you have a sailor, scallywag or swashbuckler who's looking for some adventure, they'd be most welcome. Lohkar's going back to his piratical roots, and plunder awaits on the seas of Zakaz.

To get in on any of the above action, just head on down to Ostia and find Captain Lohkar at the Dancing Crab tavern. Alternatively, if you'd like to skip the introductions and avoid getting bogged down in Meetings™, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can have your character aboard the ship after the voyage has begun. The distance between Mata Nui and Zakaz is considerable, so the bulk of the voyage(s) will most likely take place during one of the traditional mid-arc timeskips, as and when that happens. But rest assured, this will be the start of cross-pollination between the BZPRPG's oldest locale and its newest.

Now...bring me that horizon.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 8

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

After what feels like at least a year, Kanohi, Hakari, and Lapu have reached Ga-Wahi. That’s right, we are in the endgame now.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I was updating some of my character pages on the new wiki today, and was reminded that I had a character last Arc who was gifted some antidermis and used it to tame/enslave a Rahkshi. If I were to bring that character back for this Arc, will the Rahkshi carry over as well? I vaguely remember reading an entry in the profiles topic about an antidermis-mutated character who'd been cut off from Makuta's power, but I wasn't sure if that was something specific to that character, or a general issue for anything antidermis-related. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

4 hours ago, Nato G said:

I was updating some of my character pages on the new wiki today, and was reminded that I had a character last Arc who was gifted some antidermis and used it to tame/enslave a Rahkshi. If I were to bring that character back for this Arc, will the Rahkshi carry over as well? I vaguely remember reading an entry in the profiles topic about an antidermis-mutated character who'd been cut off from Makuta's power, but I wasn't sure if that was something specific to that character, or a general issue for anything antidermis-related. 

The Rahkshi will carry over. There might be some unusual interactions with Makuta being back under the right circumstances, but the Rahkshi and its allegiance will carry over.

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. Time to figure out what I was doing with that character.... back in 2015. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

15 minutes ago, The UltimoScorp said:

last i remember for that character she was setting up home in Onu-Koro?

Seems that way, but it looks like both the character and player she was working with are no longer around, so I guess I'll just say that business partnership soured and they went their separate ways. 

as a heads up, gonna be sparse posting for the next few days from me. When I'm less busy near the latter half of next week I'll get the train heist into its action phase, and respond to some others who are waiting.

16 hours ago, ARROW404 said:

I've been thinking for a while that I'd like to put a character in Ta and on the Archipelago. If you guys think there are any voids that could stand to be filled there, I'm open to suggestions.

I can't speak much to Ta, but I am running a couple clans on the Archipelago and it would be nice to have another rper to play off of.  Do you have any particular types of characters you want to create?

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

12 hours ago, Mel said:

I can't speak much to Ta, but I am running a couple clans on the Archipelago and it would be nice to have another rper to play off of.  Do you have any particular types of characters you want to create?

I was thinking a Turaga (or the Dasaka equivalent), since I don't have one, but nothing beyond that. Honestly, Dasaka lore is kind of big and has a lot of invented terminology, which makes it hard for me to figure it out.

(Generally speaking, I think this is why so few players have made characters for Zakaz, Seprilli, and Kentoku. The lore is great, but the side of the lore that players will interact directly with is a bit too much to be new-character-friendly.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord