BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

[IC: Timak, Ga Koro]

“Name and element, Toa? What can you do?”
Then Ayiwah’s gaze shifted back to the other Toa, the earlier question still hanging in the air - unanswered.

Timak watched rapturously as the experienced Toa Maru leaped from the pier towards the Chiisai Ryuu. Oh, to be so confident. The young Toa was getting fed up of not being able to help like that. They thought they could just about make out her fuzzy shadow descending towards the sinking craft, but remembered the Commodore's question and turned back, standing straight and offering an awkward apologetic salute.

"Timak, Ma'am! Sonics. I can't do much to help the ship itself, and this is my first day as a Toa, I think, but I could try and relay your voice into the ship if you want to talk with the attacker or the others inside."

The lean youth raised a hand towards the silhouette of the submersible, frowning as they concentrated on the bridge, filtering through the sounds. It was all very faint and confused - the washing of the waves between them, the bubbling of the rushing water around the ship, the groaning metal of the hull, all mingled in with the urgent breaths and shouts of frantic crewmembers and the heated conversation on the bridge. It was too much, headache-inducing.
Getting an idea, Timak drew their sword and pointed the twin-pronged blade toward the bridge. The air rippled around the tool as the Toa of Sonics focused their mind, narrowing the target range of the incoming sound to just the space within the bridge itself.

"I don’t mean to interrupt anything, but I’m realizing only now that there might be seriously differing opinions on what I should do to help here.”

... what? What a strange way to introduce oneself...
Shunning the minor distraction, Timak gave the Commodore a pointed look, lips pressed tight in concentration, and raised their other hand toward her, making a cone with their fingers. Taking a deep breath, the Toa made a channel, feeling that sonic energy almost like a thread that now tied the two locations together through Timak's form.
Suddenly anyone standing in that direction would be able to hear the goings-on within the ship. Timak's lip curled in a slight smile, as much as they could manage through the effort, secretly proud of themselves for being able to hold up on their offer.
A cocky, yet desperate voice rang out towards the Commodore.

"—You feel like makin' a whole lotta widgets?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend .. and if Ayiwah uses this new channel, all the people in the bridge will be able to audibly hear her voice @Razgriz @Ghosthands @oncertainty

paper-cup-string telephones

Edited by Rahisaurus
  • Like 4

IC: Surdo - Ga-Koro - Tidalpool Inn

“That’s good to hear,” Surdo replied, scooting into his seat, resting his cane across his lap. He pushed the platter closer to the Skakdi, finding himself to not be very hungry after all. The Fe-Matoran had come here just to talk, anyway.

“Now, what were we…ah, right,” Surdo then said, only pretending to forget the subject to segue back into the conversation they had been having outdoors. He leaned towards Baszlin, steepling his fingers beneath his chin. “The man you’re looking for—I wanted to know more about him. Information is key.” 

He looked down at the platter, expecting his new friend to help himself to it now that Surdo had been so kind to buy food for him. “I’ll start simple. Does he have a name?”

OOC: @Perp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: Makes for a nice sideshow.

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, harbor, aboard the Yukanna]

Ayiwah’s outward reaction was a slight raise of eyebrows accompanied by two consecutive blinks. 

First day? Zuto-Nui preserve them.

Back on Kentoku, she would have reprimanded an inexperienced Menti for potentially jeopardizing the mission by acting this rash. But this was Mata-Nui. But the months here had taught her on this island…you just had to roll with it sometimes. 

And, the - well, Timak had jumped ahead a bit already, it wasn’t exactly a proposal anymore - had potential. Communication both ways. Not that she needed it to talk to her people. But transmitting to the bridge…it was worth a try. 

She nodded affirmatively at the Toa, then reached out over the mental plane towards the lieutenant aboard the sub. 

.:Taz, I’ve got a Toa of sonics here. Says they can put me on the intercom, so to speak, so don’t let it distract you. I’ll try to make our visitor see reason. If they do, good. If not…well, they’re not getting a heads up. Use that.:.

-----

A moment later, the commodore’s disembodied voice rang out on the bridge of the Ryuu. 

“I would not take up such an offer from someone lacking an exit strategy.” she commented on the intruder’s offer to Aeragot.

“I am Commodore Umbraline Ayiwah, and I do not take kindly to would-be ship stealers. Fortunately for you, you’ve not managed to cause major damage to our vessel or injure anyone yet. You stand down now - and we will hand you over to the village authorities unharmed.”

OOC: @Ghosthands @Rahisaurus @Razgriz @oncertainty

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro, Tidalpool Inn 

The Skakdi wasted no time in diggin into the seafood laid before him: a smattering of smoked ruki, raw tanta lain upon plump beds of rice, bone-in makutafish, akodi pâté, at least two kinds of fresh shellfish salted and stuffed with local herbs… It was at least a minute’s worth of silence following Surdo’s inquiry that Baszlin spent both piling his plate full of at least one of each dish, and reveling in the flavour of at least two immediately after.

“A name?” he, at last, pondered aloud, cleaning his fingers with a nearby napkin. “Presumably, yes, he does have one. I don’t know it. I can just see his face, very clearly, in my mind’s eye. Clearer than bless’d crystal waters on a calm summer’s eve…”

His attention drifted as if lost in a memory that didn’t really exist before returning to his food.

IC: [Ga-koro, The Tidalpool Inn(Pradhai)]
Pradhai’s already significantly wrinkled brow grew more wrinkled.   “I can take that first one.  We come from the Kentoku Archipelago—it lies many weeks to the east of here.   It was not as verdant or large as your own island, but it was our home, until we were driven from it by an invasion of rakshi.”

“As to how we discovered your existance…” she looked at Mako.   Funny, she’d think other questions would be more urgent, but she wasn’t a reporter.  “I believe you were closer to that tragedy, weren’t you Mako?”
OOC: @Geardirector @Toatapio Nuva @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

A blessing from 'Taka!

"That's very generous of you, Shuuan, extremely generous," I said. "Tell you what, if one of your cousins needs a little, ah, financial encouragement--"

I drew another two slivers of shale from my pocket, another two business cards, and slid one to Shuuan and one to Rhow. Never did one poorly to let people know you're around, after all.

"--you just send them my way."

OOC: @Mel @Vezok's Friend

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

On 1/9/2022 at 8:20 PM, Mel said:

[Ga-koro, Inner Port(Yukie)]

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ga-Koro

"Mata-Nui is a big place," Tuara began, "You'll find a home that suites you no problem." Tuara glanced back at Agni again, feeling a further pang of concern well up at the mention of the fighting force. So there was a military presence on Kentoku still. The situation must have been dire of the choice was made to ship off the civilians while others stayed behind to fight. Many must have been separated - just as many must have expected never to see the others again too. For all that had happened here on Mata-Nui, it seemed that the right people at the right time managed to band together, and just scrape by for the rest of the island to go on living. If Mata-Nui had fallen like Kentoku, where could they possibly go? Despite all the death and despair, it seemed there were still things they all took for granted.

Tuara returned to the conversation in front of her, "Is that what you'll do now? Find a place to the settle? What do you think comes next for you?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Mel

• Like 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Moving from Ko-Wahi

IC: Makua — Ga-Wahi airspace

The sellsword couldn’t believe his eyes as his Gukko transport, along with the rest of the Gukko fleet, began nearing the landing zone just west of the Ga-Wahi cliffs. Out in the distance was Naho Bay and the large, bustling floating city that filled it. However, today Makua saw a lot more than just the water city. All kinds of ships, large and small, lined the eastern border of Ga-Koro. They were built in a style that Makua did not recognize — as if they arrived from a foreign land.

More Skakdi? Vortixx? Makua thought. He became briefly concerned that he was about to land in the middle of a violent invasion on his vacation. 

“Don’t pay any mind,” the Matoran navigator piloting the Gukko assured Makua. He must have sensed hesitation, or this was part of the usual landing routine now. “Those ships are peaceful. Have you ever heard of a group of people called the ‘Dasaka’”?

Makua had not. His shoulders slumped in exasperation.

“More species coming here? Really?” Makua complained.

“Not exactly…,” the pilot said his hesitation, “Well… just wait and see for yourself”

Just five minutes later, Makua found himself standing on solid ground again at the Ga-Wahi Air Field. Throngs of Matoran and other species were standing in the boarding area and anticipation of the next departing flight. After collecting his belongings and making his way past the ground, he walked past the waiting Ussal drivers and stepped onto the Old Fusa Path. Before him were the cliffs, separated by a wide gap that gave him a clear view of the bay. 

A view that was currently obstructed by dozens of ships. 

Not seeing many other options, Makua walked along the path towards the cliffs. 

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Ageru Tazera) [Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu]

Things were quickly escalating. She recognised the face of Toa Maru Leah, a warrior and hero among the natives, on the other side of the bridge viewport. That was good. But another Toa, an unfamiliar one, had appeared (Kualsi?) out of thin air inside the bridge. That, potentially, was not. Clearly the interloper thought it was a point in his favour, as he quickly began an attempt to recruit the newcomer to his little caper. She took advantage of the momentary distraction to ensure she had both of the unknown Toa in her line of sight.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:24 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

.:Taz, I’ve got a Toa of sonics here. Says they can put me on the intercom, so to speak, so don’t let it distract you. I’ll try to make our visitor see reason. If they do, good. If not…well, they’re not getting a heads up. Use that.:.

::Roger that, ma'am.::

Tazera was quietly relieved. She wasn't sure what Aya meant by 'intercom'; perhaps some new naval slang or local term she hadn't picked up on, but she got the idea. Ideatalk but with one's actual voice, eh? Once again the locals' powers were full of surprises.

With the Toa hopefully distracted by the Commodore's ultimatum, the Lieutenant began to circle right, Soulwhip at the ready, hoping to get behind the interloper in the (by her estimation, likely) event that reason was ineffective.

OOC: @Razgriz @Vezok's Friend @oncertainty @Rahisaurus

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro, harbor, underwater aboard the Ryuu]

Not taking any chances, Leah ducked down, planting one knee on the Ryuu’s foredeck, while raising her hands, pushing  the waters around her away, creating a bubble around her. The would-be pirate was clearly as reckless as they came. 

But it looked like the Dasakan engineering held up. When she didn’t feel the shock of electricity or sudden rush of water flooding the bridge she let the currents envelop her once more.

She planted her hands on the deck as well and glanced around, looking for the largest concentrations of bubbles rising from the vessel. She knew little about how the ship worked in detail, but a sinking one held little mystery. Reaching out with her element, the water was drawn gradually from the Ryuu’s ballast tanks once more.

OOC: @Ghosthands @Razgriz @Rahisaurus @oncertainty

IC: [Rhow - Ga-Koro, The Great Takea]

Rhow took up the offered the shale business card and briefly studied it. So this…Dastana Daijuno was a trader of sorts? She had assumed everyone from the earlier boat had been delegates of some kind. Well…made sense to have someone with business sense along. The Skakdi harrumphed.

“Well, might as well try it. I’m game if they are…now what in Karz is a Vilda?”

A snapping noise drew her attention. She had lived in Ga-Koro long enough to recognize the tearing of flax rope. She  glanced past the two Dasaka and out the doors. The pad outside had conspicuously emptied. Considering how busy the Koro had been all over, something must’ve drawn everyone’s attention.

OOC: @Void Emissary @Mel

IC:[Agni - Ga-Koro]

“Considering it’s only been about a day…they probably haven’t found a place yet…” Agni commented. Something else they’d have to tell Jaller about. New neighbors.

But he was getting distracted. A crowd had gathered at the docks and excited shouting was carried over to them on the sea breeze. The detective’s eyes narrowed. He wanted to check it out, but he did not want to get involved in Ga-Koro’a business more than necessary. 

Find out about the Dasaka, visit Cael and get back to Ta-Koro. 

OOC: @Palm

• Like 1

IC: Aeragot - Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu

That was really something unexpected. Aeragot prided himself on staying cool under fire. He barely reacted when the enterprising Vo-Toa had fired off a crackling bolt into the great glass window behind him, though a keen observer might have noticed Aeragot’s eyes widening for a moment through the angular eyeholes of his mask. However, Aeragot did tense involuntarily when Commodore Umbraline Ayiwah’s voice came rolling from nowhere throughout the bridge. 

It was only a moment before his mind started going again. Might have assumed that she was projecting from outside of the locked door, but the voice wasn’t muffled at all. Not to mention, he realized with amusement, the other side of that door was probably completely underwater by now as well. That left a couple of options. Could be a mask he was unfamiliar with; that was possible, but unlikely. Maybe this was another manifestation of the Dasaka’s powers. He certainly was no expert on that matter. In any case, he had no idea whether this link was two-way: best to act as if it was, then. Not that it made much difference in what he was going to say, but it was good to keep in mind.

Aeragot looked to the Vo-Toa, holding his hands out to either side, palms open and facing forward.

"Look pal, I appreciate the offer. I get the impulse too, though wealth just isn’t my vice."

He meant what he said: it was nice for someone to offer to cut him in mid-heist. All the same, he expected the guy would cut him out just as happily, given the chance. On account of this distrust he stayed in a fighting stance, ready to move, even as his body language otherwise signalled deference.

"But stealing the most recognizable vessel on the island right now?  How are you gonna fence this thing, when the buyer would have to not mind having a whole navy after them? I just want us all to get off the ship alive—"

His eyes flicked over to the Dasakan officer for a moment: she was still circling, probably to keep him in sight. No surprise there, he was only now giving her any reason to trust him.

"—and I’d rather no one got hurt in doing it."

OOC: @Ghosthands @Vezok's Friend @Rahisaurus @Razgriz

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 6

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu)Bridge

Ha.

Sent her packing. Even if the viewport had just taken the full brunt of the blast for the Maru, Rudra knew that he'd gone and forced her to respect him a little— he wasn't about to roll over just because she was trying to treat him like an also-ran. He hated cocky people like that. It didn't matter if you were chosen by Mata Nui or the scum on the heel of his own boot, nobody got away with acting high and mighty forever.

You know, it was actually really nice to get her to buzz off without breaking the merchandise, either. Couldn'ta planned it better if he'd tried. Sure as Karzahni wiped that smirk off her pretty little face, too.

“I would not take up such an offer from someone lacking an exit strategy.”

As a swath of voices cascaded through the stark, echoing space of this now-a-little-crowded bridge, the Vo-Toa let his gaze slide downward again, carefully regarding the scene before him. The Captain, now warily circling as though to mirror him rather than advancing further. The Onu-Toa, showing his hands, nothing to hide but no clear assent to the idea. The disembodied voice of the Commodore, imperiously spouting off from the peanut gallery yet unseen. All in all... a lot to answer to.

Luckily, he'd not cracked under any pressure yet.

"'Exit strategy'. Pfft," he scoffed first, shoulders hitching at the chuckle. "As if you didn't hear the mooring lines snap. Ship's already at sea, look out whatever window you like. That's all we need."

"Look pal, I appreciate the offer. I get the impulse too, though wealth just isn’t my vice."

Maybe not 'we'... Nah, not calling it in on him just yet. He says he gets it. That means on a certain level he picks up what I put down— he's just unconvinced.

Fine by me, Mister Hard To Get. I'm more convincing than they give me credit for.

"But stealing the most recognizable vessel on the island right now?  How are you gonna fence this thing, when the buyer would have to not mind having a whole navy after them? I just want us all to get off the ship alive—"

Rudra's smile had yet to wane.

The Onu-Toa's eyes darted to his left, clocking the Captain's motion same as Rudra. Good, another hand with an idea of the space he was working in was valuable, and he was keeping good track of it. 

"—and I’d rather no one got hurt in doing it."

"'Well, that's quite noble of you." he replied evenly, actually nodding along with the sentiment. "As a matter of fact, I find myself sharing the concern— but to hear Miss Energy Whip tell it, the Commodore here expects her to die defending this thing. Same goes for every seawoman aboard, I reckon. Breaks my heart. You know, you're a hard worker—" he glanced sidelong at his opposition, matching each step with hers as he once again began to strafe right. "—I still say you deserve better than this lot. Very least, not dying. Who knows? You walk away and fate might have it back in your hands before you know it, since you love her so dearly."

It having never been about depriving them of the ship... there was an undercurrent of sincerity beneath the bluster and bravado, audible to an attentive listener. His face had softened, if only just, before he steeled it again and launched into his sales pitch anew. She was a woman of clear conviction, a military lady to the bones— and although a few small miracles had smiled his way just this afternoon, he wasn't the miracle worker itself. Just an unfathomably lucky recipient, the engine of doing whatever it was that they found right.

It was funny that his new little dark friend had mentioned that little tidbit about who to be making this sale to.

"And as for your other concern, that's easy— they can't chase it down if they can't find it, can they? Gotta find a spot to do the deal hidden. Luckily, this baby, as we've already seen," he indicated the viewport he'd shot at, still half submerged. "can slink beneath the surface. Hide in a reef, in a glacier, maybe something like... I dunno, one of those underwater caverns you hear so much about. Maybe. But you'd need to go somewhere, especially now that I'm telling you, where there's too many of such to catch out— one cave's easy. One thousand's a nightmare."

His hands began to crackle, fully cloaking in the chirping white of lightning. If she could repel his bolts, then it made sense his sparks could repel her, didn't it?

He ignored the sounds of water flowing against itself momentarily. with a ship that submerged, it was likely pretty standard anyway.

"As for buyers, you follow the news much? Those rockbrained Po-Wahi monkeys up in the desert have themselves a Navy now, hеll, I even hear Ihu's gearing up, too— Times are changing. Everyone wants in if they don't already have one, otherwise they're a sitting duck— But on top of that, this baby's a tech marvel, real beautiful engineering begging some egghead to crack 'er open and figure out how she ticks. Having a stranglehold on the front of innovation's been a certain orange-faced engineer's life motto, right? Can't have one of these in the water if it ain't his."

Behind the Hau-shaped Mahiki, eyebrows rose, a thought nakedly occurring and unbothered to be hidden.

"And hey, speaking of—" he held up a finger, twirling it round as if to indicate the hull... Or waters beyond.

"Here's another Navy pouring in right now!"

His smirk had stretched to a full on grin, ear-to-ear and halfway manic in its conviction. Rudra had without a shadow of a doubt spent his due time considering this venture— and as he had skulked his way into the depths of the submarine, forced to examine and reexamine the end goal of this skullduggery and its' worth, he couldn't help but arrive at a clear conclusion— Yes. Because there were people out there who wouldn't be able to resist. One in particular.

"Now, you're smart. I can tell you follow. With those factors in mind, sound it out for me. Who's got domain over a whole maze of tunnels, no naval forces to speak of, and a penchant for tech so raging you gotta go to his village if you need your iStone fixed? Who do you think is gonna be salivating at the thought of a whole fleet of submarines he could mobilize in the darkest waters on the island? The foreigners aren't gonna get it— but I know you do, brother."

Get Akiri Nuparu on the horn, baby.

This one's gonna blow his mind.

Edited by Razgriz
Lightning Fast Navy Repair, This is Mike Speaking
  • Like 5

helo frens

“Uh huh…” Surdo replied, then coughed into his fist to try and draw back Baszlin’s attention away from the food.

“Then what does he look like?” The Fe-Matoran asked, optics briefly glancing down to the decimated platter. “Any defining features? We all have something that makes us stand out.”

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: [Ga-koro, Inner Port(Yukie)]
“As a Toroshu, my first duty is to make sure my people are safe,” Yukie said.  “After that…I’m not sure, to tell the truth.   If you’re also fighting the same evil that we are, I’m sure there’s something I can do.”

He frowned, following Agni’s gaze.  “That’s where the Ryuu was docked…”

[Ga-Koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]
I took the card—woo, fancy.   Who uses crystal for cards?  It probably would offend someone in my clan’s delicate sensibilities, which made me like it even more.

“Can’t promise anything long term, my cousins have unfortunate ideas about Saihoko.”

I grinned in response to Rhow.  “Clan that lives near us.  They really like animals.   So much that they make a habit of setting up birds to spy on us sometimes.  Naturally, we learned to deal with that.”

OOC:  @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary @Palm

Edited by Mel
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ga-Koro

Tuara paused, now joining Yukie and Agni in peering towards Ga-Koro's docks. She wanted to ask Yukie what a Toroshu was, but his comment about the Ryuu seemed more important. She looked on for a moment, and realized she instinctually assumed a situation was developing. She felt her airways tighten, and her head began to pound. Then she simply blinked a couple times, and the spike of pain left as soon as it arrived. Tuara drew in a noticeably sharp breath, but continued on, uninterrupted, "The Ryuu, was that your ship?"

'What was that?'

OOC: @Mel @Vezok's Friend

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

On 1/9/2022 at 10:22 PM, Bjorkway said:

Aclaraung turned his fiery yellow gaze from Ayiwah to the newcomer aboard the ship. Her dress was similar to the commodore's, but rather than the insignia of rank, this seemed to carry a different sort of heraldry. "Charmed, I'm sure," he replied, turning his head away for a moment, peering back in the direction that the empress had come from. He thought, for sure, that he could hear the sounds of yelling and fighting, even through the rest of the noise at the docks. Whatever it was, though, it didn't sound particularly widespread... yet. "Hopefully this island proves hospitable to you and yours."

He turned back, now peering at Yumiwa more closely. "But, something remains... strange." He turned back to Ayiwah again, looking between the two. Seeing that the commodore was a female of their species wasn't particularly surprising to him, but these titles... Rora, Empress, those were certainly unexpected. Emperor, perhaps; warlord far more likely. "Even through my foggy memories, I seem to recall that the Dasaka were still far from being called centralized or stable, neverminding the obvious shift in leadership. It seems there's much I'll need to be caught up on, whether those were just stories told to me in my youth, or experiences I truly lived."

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro, Yukanna

He speaks of our ancient history, I thought with some measure of surprise. It could only mean that we—his kind and my people at the very least—had some shared history, though it was still unclear what the nature of that relationship was. "We have not had dramatic shifts akin to what you speak of in many centuries, not since the tumult of the warlord-kings was ended and the Dasaka Empire was forged by my greatest of grandmothers. Whatever you remember, whether the memories are your own or genetic, you'll see that times have changed. You have my friendship."

.:Yumi, there’s an intruder aboard the Ryuu. Until I know more, you and your guards get aboard the Yukanna, get below. Wait for my all clear.:.

Despite the obvious reason for alarm my face didn't betray my shock no matter how afraid I suddenly felt. My cousin quickly went to attend to the security issue and left me with my guards and the dragon-being, and I could tell at the corner of my eyes that Zafin and Dihunai were warily coming close to secure me. I was reticent to go belowdecks and abandon such a fascinating conversation but it was wholly unwise to not obey the commodore's commands given with the greatest of precaution, and around us, soldiers and civilians alike suddenly began moving in commotion. I knew going into the Yukanna's hold meant ending the conversation early as there was no way for the being to fit belowdecks. 

"Perhaps this island is not as hospitable as I hoped," I said to the dragon being. My eyes were narrowed but it wasn't accusatory—only curious at the sudden shift in fate since, after all, I'd been on the Ryuu before this abruptly happened. "But it will be as hospitable as we need it to be, somehow, and maybe you are part of that."

I gave a short bow, the one used when dealing with someone of an equivalent social rank, while I politely disengaged and Zafin urged me down the steps into the Yukanna's interior. "I would like us to speak again should fate allow us. Remember me."

And then the door was shut and the whole upside world was gone from my vision. I could barely hear the muffled going-ons without. 

An intruder on the Ryuu?

I gasped for breath.

A lump grew in my throat.

Was I choking on my imagination?

The world was spinning and I did not know how to stop it.

Someone tried to sit me down but I batted them away. Then someone sat me down successfully. It was on something hard. Lightstone lamps around the space were ingited but darkness seeped in at the corner of my eyes. One, two, three lights. Voices—five of them. Blood, I tasted blood; did I bite my tongue? My heartlight wanted to jump from my chest.

How close was I to dying? What was going on? Who's plot was at work here? Was I the target? Des—where was Des?—was she safe? Masa would keep her safe. Was I safe? 

"Easy, Yumi, breathe with me."

"IAMBREATHINGZAFIN"

"Innnnn, ouuuuut... oooooone, twoooooo...

(Sometimes Zafin was too patient with me, but this was not one of those times. She was exactly as patient as she needed to be. How she knew to do what she did, I did not know.)

"It's going to be alright. You're alright. Long Dihunai is here, I'm here, and captain Hogo Sakai is as well. Do you know where you are?"

In, and out. Innnn, and ouuuut. I repeated the ritual several more times, and with each passing repetition the world became more clearly in view. Sakai handed me a cup of water which I eagerly took. "The Yukanna," I said finally. "Can someone please tell me what the frick is going on?"

@BULiK @Bjorkway

• Like 1

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Docks, Yukanna]

The Tajaar warrior was standing alert in the corner opposite the bench Yumi had been stationed, motionlessly keeping the entire corridor within her sight as Zafin roused the Rora from her shock.

"Intrusion aboard the Ryuu. Your navy will handle it, that is their job," Dihunai stated, terse as ever. It was all true, even if she knew that wasn't the news nor the level of detail that the empress wanted to hear. Dihunai could tell that Yumiwa's fight or flight instinct had assumed control, and she saw the painful urge to process everything that was overloading the Rora's senses. Yumiwa wanted to be in control, to know everything that was going on, but that was at the cost of her own awareness and usefulness. Perhaps distracting or unsettling the Rora was the goal of this unknown group, after all. Dihunai's detached perspective let her see the Empire's systems working independently, and how they could at times interfere with one another. Such as when the Rora wanted tactical awareness that only the Commodore needed in these opening moments of uncertainty.

"Right now, your job is to keep breathing, and be steady so you can be strong when it is needed."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

“Not my ship, no—the Ryuu is the submarine that carried our original delegation to Ga-koro.”

He put a hand slightly above Tuara’s shoulder, not actually touching her.   “We probably she stay back, the Navy is present and they’re much more equipped to deal with any ship issues.

OOC:  @Palm @Vezok's Friend

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC Yumiwa | Yukanna

"Intrusion aboard the Ryuu. Your navy will handle it, that is their job," Dihunai stated, terse as ever.

"One—in... Two—out... It's alright, you're having a panic attack Yumi. It's just a panic attack." Nurselike patience and directness. 

"That is their job," I echoed to my Long companion, then followed with the same thing I said to the dragon. "And it's my job to represent them.

"Right now, your job is to keep breathing, and be steady so you can be strong when it is needed."

"Right..." This was exactly what I told Dihunai mere moments earlier when we were on the pier, wasn't it? She wanted me to be a stronger warrior but I told her my focus was on being a better rora. And now look at me! I didn't even know what was happening, not a single scratch fell on me, and yet I still fell into a fit of panic just with the idea that a plot was being hatched against me. Was this strength? I felt small, reliant on others, a figurehead adrift as flotsam on a current of maladies.

If that were the case, the least I could do was keep my chin above the water and just... "Breathe."

@BULiK

• Like 1

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, harbor, Yukanna, afterdeck]

From her vantage point, the commodore watched as the submarine began to gradually rise again and slowly right itself. Since Taz hadn’t reported anything about regaining control of the buoyancy, this had to be the Maru’s doing, even though she couldn’t see her at the moment. It was one thing to hear about the Toa’s abilities in tales - it was quite another to see them in action. The fact that the sea simply could be bent to one’s will…at least to a degree. The possibilities…

But she couldn’t afford to be distracted right now and tore her eyes away from the Ryuu for a moment. She gave an affirmative nod to Timak. Keep it up. Their little trick had proven very valuable after all. She’d heard the sales pitch.

She wasn’t fully familiar with all the intricacies of inter-Koro policies, but their delegation had spent enough time on the island to at least learn about the major political players. The implication that one of them would be unscrupulous enough to buy a stolen vessel with such obvious origins and would use it to bolster their own military strength was concerning. Something to look into once this situation was resolved. Once they created an actual Dasakan settlement, political dealings and trading were inevitable. Ga-Koro had treated them kindly and they had tried to be good guests - but it would be prudent to prepare for all eventualities. Yumi and the Toroshu would have their work cut out for them.

The commodore didn’t reply audibly to what was said on the bridge. But Tazera was privy to her reaction. 

.:Well, thanks for the intel, buddy.:. 

She looked back to the Ryuu. Unmoored and with the open sea ahead. Crewed by just one person who had yet to RTFM, that was as good as being beached. 

.:Koso, what’s your status?:.

.:Still in one piece. Managed to get below decks just in time to secure the hatch. Feet are wet but no major flooding.:.

.:Understood. Head to the engine room. You know what to do. Just like the pirate drills. And then go give Inzu a hand.:.

.:Aye, aye, ma’am.:.

The commodore spun around on her heels, fast enough for her uniform coat to flare out dramatically with the motion. She could feel the eyes of the crew on her, waiting for instructions. 

.:Fetch the spare anchor chains and rig the mizzen top with boarding lines and hoists. You four -:. She indicated a quartet of Dashi sailors, .:- pair off. As soon as those lines and chains arrive I want you ready up there.:.

They confirmed the order in unison, and began to climb.

OOC: @Ghosthands @Razgriz @Rahisaurus @oncertainty

• Like 3

OOC: You think that's More you're Writing now?

Spoiler

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Docks, Yukanna, Interior]

"They will come for you when they need an arbiter. When they do, they will expect clarity, for clarity is the mother of decisiveness. Truthfully, that doesn't necessitate a mind free of worry... but it does require one that is in control of it."

The Tajaar moved to stand directly in front of the Rora.

"Tell me," Dihunai ordered her fellow Menti, leaning downwards towards Yumiwa for added effect, her Kanohi glowing. She spoke and ideatalked simultaneously, her voice echoing with a dragon's fire and the bolstered by the sharpness of the ideatalk's accompanying emotions.

::"What are you afraid of?"::

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Aeragot - Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu

On 1/25/2022 at 10:56 PM, Razgriz said:

Who do you think is gonna be salivating at the thought of a whole fleet of submarines he could mobilize in the darkest waters on the island? The foreigners aren't gonna get it— but I know you do, brother."

Aeragot gave a small smile. Of course he knew what the Vo-Toa was saying. It had been a long time since he had been home, but he wouldn’t disagree with that assessment of Nuparu either: the engineer would accept the submarine gladly, and he probably would build a whole fleet of the things. Probably would have done the same thing even before he was Akiri. And returning to Onu-Koro as some kind of hero? Well of course that was appealing. And yet.

And yet Aeragot knew himself. Money wasn’t going to do it for him, and while he wouldn't mind doing right by the people back home, this wasn’t the way he would make it happen. It would probably bother him if he went through with it, anyway.

He noticed something as well. He was feeling sicker again, and faster. He knew that ordinary waves, the kind that always made him feel this way when he was on the water, travelled along the surface of the ocean only. The boat had been getting steadier as it went downward, but now he was really starting to feel it. He couldn’t speculate on why it was happening, but it wasn’t much of a leap from there to figure that they were surfacing again. That would probably give the Dasaka a chance to retake control.

Ok then. The Vo-Toa hadn’t hurt anyone so far, and Aeragot hoped he was being genuine when he said he didn’t want to. Maybe all three of them on the bridge could get out of this unhurt. This wasn’t him trying to save the others, no; Aeragot didn’t like to feel like he was standing above anyone like that. The way he saw it, they were all three working together on doing that, even if the other two might not know it yet. So let’s keep talking.

"You figure you can sail this thing out of here, then? Find one of those undersea caves and get to that place we’re both thinking of? Don't you think you might need some help that actually knows how to use it?”

OOC: @Razgriz @Vezok's Friend @Rahisaurus @Ghosthands

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 5

Tazera gave a short, derisive laugh.

"If you were hoping to sail this vessel somewhere," she growled at the Vo-Toa, "you shouldn't have blasted the controls. I'm fairly sure the only thing keeping us from hitting the reef right now is the Toa Maru out there, and I doubt she intends to be an accomplice to your hijacking any more than I do."

She looked to the newcomer.

"Pay no heed to anything this charlatan says," she said, in a neutral tone but with plenty of warning implied. "He's attacked me several times already, and under the laws of my people — "

She looked back to Rudra pointedly.

" — what he's done here would already be a capital offence. The best he can hope for now is to be tried under yours. That's if he stands down. Now."

She tugged at the length of Soulwhip held between her hands for emphasis, bringing forth a threatening, buzzing twang from the cord of energy.

"I won't ask again."

OOC: @Razgriz @oncertainty @Vezok's Friend @Rahisaurus

• Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu)Bridge

Her derisive snort was met in kind with one of his own, treading the line between circumstantial similarity and mocking imitation. Only halfway an affectation on Rudra's part, too— frustration managed to color his voice for the first time the newcomer had heard.

"Oh, yer fuuuuuuull of it, Missy." he drawled, blading his stance and presenting the back of his coat to the carefully neutral Onu-Toa, displaying the hewn threads and blackened gash that exposed his seafoam armoring beneath. His eyes remained locked upon her— no, upon her weapon, gaze narrowing in a barely-perceptible twinge when she drew it taut with a nasty, twanging thrum. "It's a good thing we're not under your laws— I only fired back at you after ya nearly tore me open. We call that 'reasonable self-defense', which I guess you guys wouldn't be too used to, the way you talk."

The near-wound ought to speak for itself. As a matter of fact, she looked set to pounce—

He put up his be-Zeused dukes as he rolled on.

"And to answer you both? She's bluffing, and none too good at it." he declared, opening his lead hand and circling the wrist in a rough gesture about the room. "No shot that one panel was the only control surface in this entire big ol' bridge. You got a backup set somewhere, if you made a journey this far out. Can't hide it from my brain, no no no. Else one thing gets screwed up and you're all stranded at the bottom of the ocean."

It only made sense. It had to. If he really so thoroughly took this thing out, how could it have lasted this long on the high seas? No, not a chance in the world were things as bad as she claimed. This was a set-up, a ploy to fool a sucker. And a sucker he wasn't.

Try and throw me off my game. Go ahead, keep at it. Like I don't know you're about to swing on me the moment I fall for it.

Beads of sweat had begun to roll down the outside of his brow. A lot of lightning today...

"I'll find it. I bet it's a lot sturdier and simpler, too. Not so easily 'wrecked'. Not so exotic to maneuver."

At the very corner of his peripheral, he tried his best to be aware of movement from the dark blob that his back was facing. He'd put a lot of trust in the new guy by doing that... Seemed like a nice kid, all in all. He wanted to calm things down. Rudra, to a certain point, would love it if things were calm too— but that wasn't in the cards any more. This moment of tension was gonna snap at any time now.

"Hey, my man—" his voice came low, subdued, resolute and seemingly accepting of that inevitability. "Got a name I can call you by?"

And that neutrality couldn't last forever, either.

"Heaven and Earth Acquisitions"... that's a good one.

Edited by Razgriz
this post brought to you by Surviving Edged Weapons, now available on DVD!
  • Like 7

helo frens

IC: Aeragot - Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu

Aeragot winced when he caught sight of the Vo-Toa’s wound. He eyed the Dasaka and her weapon, now held menacingly forth. Seems like he had to adjust his evaluation of both: no way that thing was non-lethal, and it didn’t seem like that bothered her much. Perhaps his countryman wasn’t the one most likely to ignite the situation after all. The guy definitely didn’t deserve capital punishment for this one, though Aeragot granted that he ought to have expected the Dasaka wouldn’t much like someone trying to pinch their submarine.

He gave the officer a placative smile as he too circled around, open hands still held to either side. He stopped between the two others, forming the third point of a rough equilateral triangle, keeping both in view. The bridge wasn’t tiny, but as he felt the familiar weight of the blade slung sheathed across the back of his waist, it was starting to feel a little cramped. Not that he was going to put down the cards and fold yet, but he saw the possibility more clearly now.

He looked from one of his fellows to the other, and spoke quietly but with clear projection.

"For what it's worth, I’m Aeragot—” he gave a slight nod at his own declaration, “—and I’m thinking we should just wait a moment, and not do anything hasty."

OOC: @Razgriz @Ghosthands @Rahisaurus @Vezok's Friend

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 8

[IC: Timak, Ga-Koro pier]

Timak was still standing there, one arm outstretched to the Commodore, the other holding their sword towards the Ryuu. The strain was showing quite obviously now, both arms trembling, jaw clenched in a grimace of determination... and the conversation carried on... adding to the growing headache that pulsed behind their eyes. 

The guy attacking the ship is just... chatting? Surely the Commodore has heard enough by now...

The stupidity of the moment was the last straw for the exhausted De-Toa and they blurted out the thought that had been rattling around in their skull along with the throbbing pain.

Their usually calm and feathery voice came out as a hoarse grunt through their gritted teeth - "You try to steal a military vessel manned by powerful foreign psychics, alone, and expect them not to kill you over it? What kind of idiot are you? .. Even with Aeragot's help you're screwed as soon as you try to move it!"

And with that, they dropped the connection. Timak fell to their knees and elbows, and rest their pounding head against the floor. A long, feeble groan wheezed out. 

"Mata Nui.. why did I try that..."

OOC: @Razgriz @oncertainty @Ghosthands @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Rahisaurus
*mic drop*
  • Like 6

IC: Baszlin - Ga-Koro, Tidalpool Inn 

With more careful grace and good manners than one of his appearance would think to have, the battered Skakdi raised a napkin to his permanent sneering grin and patted his lips clean before folding the implement over his hand and returning it to the tabletop. His fingers, organic and mechanical, laced themselves together upon the same tabletop before him as he leaned forward ever so slightly. 

“Defining features? Of course, plenty. I have a good eye for details, I’ll admit. He’s a Toa. Element… can’t remember. But he was green, different shades. Vibrant viridian Kanohi Hau, with amber eyes. Like mine, you see? About one-point-five-two bio tall - an accurate measurement, I know. I have a good eye for those sorts of details, did I already say that? 

“Anyway. His eyes were… smaller than average. Not quite beady, but small enough for me to notice the peculiarity. Wide mouth, especially noticeable when he was grinning, and he did a lot of that, yes. Odd little scar, like a pockmark, just outside and behind his right eye, about here - ” One of his hands shot up to indicate the spot before returning to its previous position. “Bit of a cleft chin, fairly high cheekbones, prominent brow…”

Baszlin’s eyes darted down, staring at his plate of food, half eaten, as if contemplating whether or not he wanted to continue his meal. He took in a deep breath, filling his lungs via his nose.

“Smelled faintly of oranges. Think maybe he ate them quite often - can’t remember that exactly, but I remember the scent.”

Edited by Perp
  • Like 2

OOC: Nichou, Sigrus (@Umbraline Yumiwa), and Ranok (@Mel) from Ko-Wahi

IC: [Nichou, Ga-Wahi]

The banks of the Hura Mafa river were remarkably spare of trade, but rife with commerce. The fertile soil blossomed with crops from small farms dotted along each side, with the occasional hamlet forming around the local pioneers. Aside from the occasional barge carrying produce floating downriver towards Ga-Koro, the path the three Matoran shared was eerily empty - trade with Ko-Koro had been increasing, but it was nowhere near what it had been months prior. The dirt path from Mount Ihu to the southwest was not frequently traveled - if anything, it was the outskirts of civilization, which would be a comfort compared to the icy wilderness were it not for how quiet it was.

It felt like every home they happened upon was in the process of being boarded up or abandoned, with brave homesteaders whispering rumors on the winds of a growing danger from the god of destruction. It was in this flurry that the travelers sped to Ga-Koro with the occasional break or hitched ride downriver.

Nichou was glad to have someone new to share conversation with in this journey - especially one whose profession was entertainment. The Onu-Matoran had plenty of time to fill the new companion in on their goals - how Nichou had built homes for the Ko-Koronan refugees in the Massif, and later helped rebuild the Koro after its liberation, and why that sense of duty lead him to jump at the chance to use his many skilled trades to assist the foreign fleet in their hour of need. It was clear from how the Onu-Matoran talked that he was intrigued with the Dasaka, possibly purely out of a sense of wonder for discovering the various new regions of the world. He talked as if he hadn't met one before, only read about them in the Mata Nui Daily.

Much more was said over other subjects, and the occasional song inspired an unrelenting pace in the march of the three Matoran. It seemed as if the gates of the floating city were in view much sooner than any of them had anticipated - Nichou could have sworn that Ranok's many stories and songs made the trip speed by in a blur.

Perhaps the Onu-Koronan was just excited to see Ga-Koro with his own eyes up close for the first time.

Edited by BULiK

IC:[Agni - Ga-Koro]

The Toa of fire nodded slowly in assent. 

“Best not to get involved - it’s not our jurisdiction anyway.”

“But speaking of being equipped - you called yourself Toroshu. I assume that’s some kind of leader? Do your people require anything urgently at the moment, beyond food and shelter?”

When Timak eventually looked up again, they found the commodore gazing down at them, head slowly nodding with approval and an expression that conveyed respect. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

OOC: Short post that doesn't advance much, too tired tonight.  @Mel @Palm @Rahisaurus

• Like 2

"Whoever that was," Tazera said in a carefully level tone, eyes still warily flitting from one Toa to the other, "I suggest you listen to them. I am Lieutenant Ageru Tazera, officer in charge of the Chiisai Ryuu, and it is my job to defend her against all assailants. And I think the time for avoiding hastiness, Toa Aeragot — "

(It was still odd not to have clan names to address the Mata Nuians with, especially to convey the gravity of a situation like this one, so she reached for the title the locals used for their Menti instead.)

" — would've been before this man infiltrated and attempted to hijack a vessel of the Dasaka fleet. Whether by my hand or another's, he will be brought to justice and he will not — "

Tazera was interrupted by the loud clank of the bridge door finally being wrenched open, and Inzu burst through, hand already on her sword hilt.

::Hold!:: the Lieutenant quickly Ideatalked to her, even as she inwardly breathed a sigh of relief at this evening of the odds. ::Do not engage these Toa until I signal you, or until engaged.::

As vexed as she was by the newcomer Toa's apparent sympathy for the would-be thief, his current careful neutrality was better than having two hostile Toa on the bridge. And as military-minded as she was, Tazera was aware that this was already the biggest diplomatic incident yet between the Empire and the Mata Nuians (it made that business with the madwoman and the slug-creatures look like child's play). Further escalation should be avoided if possible, however inevitable her instincts told her it might be.

She turned her attention back to Aeragot.

"...he will not escape with this vessel. You'd be wise to either stand aside or assist us in detaining him."

OOC: @oncertainty @Razgriz Apologies for the delay, been a very busy couple of weeks.

• Like 7

Surdo nodded slowly as he listened, albeit not intently, surprised that Baszlin would actually give such a detailed answer. He might as well have asked the Skakdi to sketch a picture of the man he was looking for, if he remembered him this well.

“He does sound remarkably distinct,” the Fe-Matoran said, adjusting his position in his seat and grunting. “I have full confidence that I can find him with my…connections.”

The last couple words came out unsure, although Surdo did not think Baszlin would notice. The Matoran’s level of influence wasn’t what it once was, both him and Quoribay knew that. Quoribay, of all people, may have been the last contact Surdo had left (that was still breathing, at least). He needed the notoriety this last job would bring him—bring back to him—if he wanted to rise back up. Maybe retirement could wait another year.

“Once we complete this job, that is,” Surdo added. “You’re still keeping up your end of the deal, right, Bas? Of course you are. What are friends for, eh?” He flashed a false smile at the Skakdi and began to move again, leaving his seat and standing to full height, balanced on his cane.

“I seem to have lost my appetite, sadly.”

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) Bridge

The embattled pilot of a one two man caper glanced about the room quizzically, as the voice of thunder and legion rained down into the halls. It held the same tinny, echoing effect as the commodore's in its timbre, true, but the voice was clearly someone else. A new party, railing on him for fighting back and lauding the incredible power of the foreigners' psychic abilities. Clearly someone who thought that they could do no wrong, and that life under the heel was ideal.

Naturally, this engendered a specific opinion within him, his mask openly twisting into a sneer of disgust.

Who the karz was that bootlicker? That wasn't the foreigners' accent at all... They seriously have our own laying it on this thick? Eugh.

His gaze settled back on the captain, revealing herself as a "Leff-ten-ant Tazera", and narrowed imperceptibly as a slip of her tongue confirmed his suspicions. She didn't know that voice either— meaning, it wasn't somebody beneath her command. Not a submarine crewmember. Not a Dasaka. A Toa, then— had to be Sonics if they could shriek so loudly.

Well. That made sense, he guessed. After all the playing nice the Marines had done, and all— but it wasn't a total wash, either.

It gets a lot easier when my point's made for me. Morons.

"Name's Rudra, brother." he said in undertone, allowing his voice to slide in beneath her big, hotheaded declarations of threatening intent. He knew that Aeragot, for whatever it'd be worth, had to be looking at that crackling whip in her hands with fresh eyes now that he was certain of what it could do to a man. She was forcing an ultimatum with it, too.

Better remind him who's in his corner.

"Welcome abo—"

He too was cut off buy the loud, ringing CLANG, as another one of the crystal-clad women came surging in with a head full of steam, and what had to be some sort of blade on her hip, all but drawn and stuck in him. Immediately, Rudra bladed himself on what plane he could between them, trying to ensure both of the sure antagonists were in line of his sight—

"They're surrounding us," he noted, the tension finally creeping into his voice. "You heard her— They're looking pretty hasty."

He raised his fists to interpose them between either, but couldn't help himself but return to the outburst that had kicked all this off.

"You heard that kid earlier, too." They'd sounded young to him, at least. Shaky, even if they were incensed. "Completely at their beck and call— buncha psychics washing up in a military vehicle and gettin' all hunky-dory with our people is one thing already, but now they've got our people licking their boots so much that they're willing, begging to see me die? See us die?"

He was mad at me for defending myself! Really thinks I oughta roll over and get killed! What, you think we follow their laws now?

"Sneaky little hostile takeover. No wonder he's worried— They're brainwashing people. Turning us against eachother, just in time for this giant navy of theirs to roll up to the shore. How far up does this go? Can't believe I didn't see it..."

Edited by Razgriz
Akiri Hahli MKUltra (Makuta Ultra) Brainwashing techniques EXPOSED
  • Like 8

helo frens

IC: Daijuno | The Great Takea

"Someone has a bad relationship with Saihoko? May Artakha forfend."

As I said that, I couldn't help but follow Rhow's gaze out to the entrance, where -- huh -- the crowds had cleared out fast. I immediately felt my hand fall to the knife at my belt. The last time I'd seen folks move that fast, someone had tried to unleash a psychic slug on me and my friends, and I wasn't in the mood for a repeat of that.

"You know what's up out there, either of you?" I asked. "Something with the refugees?"

OOC: @Mel @Vezok's Friend

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Aeragot - Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu

It couldn’t have been easy, could it have?

Aeragot scanned the room. He looked from Lieutenant Ageru Tazera (long name, but saying her rank out loud made things clear enough) to the second Dasaka who had just burst through. She standing in the doorframe and trembling slightly, her hand on her hilt, not making a move yet but obviously poised and waiting for her officer’s order. His gaze then came to rest Rudra, fists wreathed in crackling light and held out in both directions, and Aeragot furrowed his brow.

The submarine’s mooring lines had snapped, and this high in the water, well—

karz his eyes, he wished he had sea legs.

—He needed to focus, a task he could keep up for the time being. Aeragot had dared to hope, for the briefest moment as the door burst open, that Rudra would see his odds were getting slimmer and try to make a break for it. That wasn’t what happened though, was it? Instead, his countryman was basically pontificating.

Aeragot agreed that it was strange: a new voice had rolled through the bridge, given them a 5-second lecture, and then dropped out for good. The voice didn’t introduce themselves, but they called the Dasaka foreigners, so they had to be local. Too bad they were so quick to justify retaliative murder; it would have been nice to have someone on the outside trying to calm things down too. As it was, this was rapidly developing into a diplomatic incident. Despite the fact that it was no longer sinking, Aeragot was feeling ever more like he was being forced to go down with the ship.

And then, the whole thing had crescendoed into Rudra spouting off about some kind of conspiracy. Brainwashing? Well it wasn’t inconceivable he supposed, but if they could make people do whatever they wanted them to do, why hadn’t they just taken down Rudra that way? They hadn’t been here long, so if they were mesmerizing people it couldn’t take all that much time...

It was something to look into. Maybe. For now, try to get this situation dealt with.

"Hey look pal, I mean even if you were right—"

He nodded back and forth equivocally.

"—well, we’re not in a locked room anymore. Don’t you think you should make this less about getting away with it, and more about just getting away?”

He watched Rudra carefully. Perhaps if he had powers like the Dasaka, he could be sending him a psychic message. Get out of here, lie low, live to scheme another day. We can all still walk away unscathed. With powers over the earth alone, though, he could only speak aloud.

OOC: @Ghosthands @Razgriz 

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 5

IC Yumiwa | Yukanna

"Long Dihunai," I said, finally focused and lusid enough to breathe evenly and think complex thoughts again, "tell me what ancient legends the Tajaar have of the dragons. I know your folk keep better oral traditions than the Imperial clans do."

@BULiK

IC Sigrus | Ga

"Ahhh, the sea-salty air... how I've missed this," the monk said after inhaling deeply and smiling broadly in profound nostalgic satisfaction. "It was a centerpeice of the life I lived before going to the Massif, yes."

@Mel

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa

• 3 weeks later...

IC Katrin Long  - Ga-Koro:

Through the busy lily-ways of Ga-Koro wandered one of the many Dasaka from the Kentoku Archipelago. Notably different about this one in particular, was that she had a grin on her face. a genuine one, untainted with the strain that many others had after leaving their homes due to the invasion of the Rahkshi.

No, Katrin was quite pleased with her situation in life. a whole new place to explore. a myriad of new people. with new people, came new techniques. ones that no one of the Archipelago would have ever thought of before, built from a very different set of martial needs and abilities. She wanted to see them all, fight against them all, to see which were the best for her, so she could build her own style, one that would be un-defeatable.

And then? Well, she wasn't too concerned about then. Maybe she'd teach it to others. She could even charge for it. That was a distant horizon, though. For now, her goal was someplace called "The Crucible". She'd heard talk and gossip about the place, and more importantly, where it was, and what went on there.

Fighting.

Betting, drinking, eating and other things as well, but the fighting was the real draw for her. She couldn't wait to get started, her blood yearning for the thrill and exertion of battle. First she had to get there, however, and it was a bit of a hike. Getting through the village was only the first step, she'd next need to follow a footpath out into the jungle, eventually crossing a bridge, from which a fork in the path should bring her to the place.

in the meantime, as she made her way around, she gawked freely at everything. people, shops, homes, boats, fish.... there was so much here. So alive, and constantly moving. The energy reminded her of the Imperial Palace city in a way, though far more down to earth.

OOC: Katrin OFI!

The commodore watched as the crew clambered up into the mizzen mast’s rigging and installed the two hoists on either side of the yard.

At the same time, the rattle of heavy chains moving across the deck rang out from midships as the spare anchor lines were brought topside. There were two teams, one for each chain, which they carried over to the outer decks on the port and starboard secondary hulls of the trimaran and attached to heavy duty shackles.

By the time they’d finished, the aloft sailors were putting the finishing touches on the hoists and lowered down ropes, which were promptly attached to the free end of the chains. 

.:Ready, ma’am.:. 

Wordlessly, Ayiwah acknowledged the officer. .:Proceed:.

Pairs of hands seized upon the ropes and began to heave, lifting the chains up - until the commodore called out a stop at the appropriate height - just enough to clear the distance between the ships. The remaining length of the chains was placed in such a way that they would spill out easily during the next step.

Ayiwah’s gaze turned towards the quartet of sailors she’d sectioned off earlier, standing by in the rigging above, boarding lines clipped to their belts. .:Alright, you’re up. Whenever you’re ready.:.

There was a unison ‘aye’ in response. Each pair grabbed onto the end of their respective chain and then - one after the other - jumped and swung out towards the Ryuu, using their bodies and the weight of the chains to gain momentum. After two swings back and forth to get the timing right, they called out to each other to start rappelling down onto the deck of the submarine.

.:Commodore, just heard two thumps topside. Everything alright up there?:. Koso reported immediately. Ayiwah’s response took a second as she observed the boarders. One pair had indeed managed to make their way aboard without issue, but the second required some disentanglement as their speed had been slightly too fast and they had landed in a heap, eliciting some chuckles, which were silenced immediately with a stern officer’s glare.

.:Nothing to worry about, just making extra sure she’s not going anywhere. Speaking of which, what’s your status?:.

She could feel a certain satisfaction as Koso’s next mental transmission reached her.

.:Nothing we can’t fix again. A lone pirate? Not so much:.

.:What I like to hear. Go assist the lieutenant:.

.:Yes ma’am:.

Ayiwah moved back to the aft railing and watched as the Dashi secured the anchor chains to the corresponding shackles aboard the Ryuu. Each snapped into place with a rather satisfying ‘clack’ and a shout of “Secure!” from the sailors. 

.:Good. Make sure they stay that way until the intruder has been dealt with.:.

Ayiwah crossed her arms. Stopping one of their own vessels had not been something she’d expected to have to do - but it was just that kind of day. For the moment, she’d done what she could. So she crossed the deck once more and disembarked onto the Ga-Koro pier, making her way over to where Timak was standing. She took up position besides the Toa, and although she addressed them, her attention was still firmly on the submarine.

“That was a brave thing you did, Toa Timak; jumping in to help out strangers like that.” she commented. “And it was a nifty trick, too, letting us listen in like that. Thank you.”

OOC: @Rahisaurus@Ghosthands@oncertainty@Razgriz

• Like 3

[Ga-Koro, The Great Takea(Shuuan)]

I wasn’t exactly eager to invite back in the churning flood of idea talk that I had been trying to blot out for most of the day, but my curiosity got the better of me.

I squinted, trying to make sense of the hubub that was for now blessedly far away.

“There’s something…like…a dragon?  On the Ryuu?  No…not on the Ryuu…it’s hard to make sense of because the ship is also a dragon.  Somebody attacked the Ryuu, which is the ship…I think…might be the dragon.  But if somebody attacked the dragon I think there would be a lot more screaming.”

I shrugged.

Somethings definitely happening.”
OOC: @Void Emissary @Palm

“While your charity is most welcome, my clanswoman are proud, and I think what they truly want is customers.  We have very few warriors with us, most of our clan delegation is weavers and dyers.  If you have anyone interested in well made and beautiful clothing I think they would happily provide.”  

The complex politics of Dasaka succession could wait for now.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend 

[Ga-Koro (Ranok)]

Ranok spoke easily—it was one of the things his parents had taught him:  Never hide what could be spoken out loud.   And so, over those few days down the river, he told them about his parents.  He told them about loosing them, about having to rediscover a home in the places between other people’s lives.

He told them about Bee, that little gukko who deserved better—and he sang a song about him too.

That was the way he learned to lessen his sorrows, and he suspected it worked for the others too.  Stories were the only trade where both participants both earned something more and kept what they had given.

He looked over the sparkling bay—made all the more radiant by the ships in the harbor.

“Well, shall we go?”
OOC: @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa

Edited by Mel
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC: Nichou [Ga-Koro, Plazas]

Had Nichou ever seen that much beach before? Or the monolithic Kaukau's falls like so? Perhaps from a distance, but never up this close. The Onu-Matoran leading the strange trio looked almost lost as he led his allies through the streets, probably because he was lost.

It became immediately apparent that there was an increased commotion above the already bustling energy of the new fleet in the harbor. Nichou wasn't sure what was going on but he could feel that something was off.

Nichou felt as if he was a bystander about to witness an event that would happen any moment now, and yet, he simultaneously felt in his heartlight that he was being watched.

OOC: My posts are never late, nor are they early. They arrive precisely when I mean them to. Most of the time.

Edited by BULiK