BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

IC: Skyra Daring - Ga-koro - The Fowadi

As the skiff approached the Fowadi I began to secure it to the ship so it wouldn't float off, I considered Karoru's question briefly before shaking my head. "Everyone on this ship is the exact opposite of 'nobby' I would say. We're all from different parts of the island, though we all came together for the same reason, to protect this island from those who would do it harm."

Gods that sounded so cheesy, but I didn't know how else to describe what our goals were really, other than just outright saying we wanted to defeat the dark lord. 

"I'm not gonna lie, we're a pretty crazy mix of personalities. But if they can tolerate me and my shenanigans then you should get along with everyone just fine." I climbed up onto the Fowadi before turning around and offering my hand to Karoru to help her up into the ship.

OOC: @Lady Takanuva

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Dehkaz [Ga-Koro Docks]

"I expected as much, we were only looking to top off on food and other perishables," Dehkaz explained, "I appreciate the concern, though we'll be headed down to Ta-Koro and source what we'll need from there."

"As for crew, experienced sailors are always welcome, we have the room and I certainly wouldn't turn down extra hands on deck. Provided they're up for a bit of a challenge, sailing her is a learning curve in of itself," The Captain gave a half shrug, though the motion was more solemn acknowledgement than dismissal of the gravity of their situation, "Truthfully though, given the state of things I'll take anyone willing to swing a blade in Makuta's direction. Whether or not they have a sterling record or clear conscience… is not something we have the luxury of taking the time to vett thoroughly."

"All of this," He motioned across the fleet surrounding them with an upturned palm, "could have very easily been our people."

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Kanohi - Ga-Wahi - Ga-Koro

Kanohi offered the taller Lapu a hand to squeeze as they approached, if it would help steady his uneasy. The vigilante knew from experience how overwhelming sensations can be, he dreaded his raving anxieties and fears, but the hustle and bustle of the city was not the most pleasant either.

But as they approached, Kanohi spotted a Toa both leaving the tavern. Interestingly, he looked like he was of the element of Sonics. Kanohi was hardly an expert on elements, Jungle and Iron felt more familiar to him, for some reason, but he believed he had heard that De-Matoran had enhanced hearing and could easily be overwhelmed by noise. He might know where to stand to avoid overstimulation.

And indeed, the Toa began to huddle to the side, perhaps overwhelmed from the noise of the bar. Kanohi’s hand drifted in the direction of the Toa, feeling a pang of sympathy. 

A thought struck him. There were a few coincidences potentially piling, to run a Toa who could suffer sensory overload? At a tavern named for the Rahi whose tooth Kanohi used to focus his visions? It was a big island and many of the Element of Sonics lived here, he easily could be reading too much into it, like he often did with his visions, but something about it nagged at him. The vigilante struggled to believe that Destiny had him on its radar, he did not matter. But maybe Lapu would be significant in the optics of destiny. Or Hakari.

Either way, Kanohi chose to embrace the coincidence. He started to lead their Odd Company to the Toa, when a green Matoran approached them. 

Kanohi reddened beneath his many wooden masks at the bard’s words, but ultimately nodded. Perhaps a storyteller like a bard would know.

Writing was slower than speaking, but great an ally as Hakari was, she could be a bit loud, and that might overwhelm the larger of the two strangers. But Kanohi was silent except for clicking and the sound of a charcoal stylus smearing paper. He should take point.

The masked Fe-Matoran wrote down on his wooden tablet using the charcoal, “I cannot talk verbally, so forgive my speed, but we are looking for a green Lesterin. We are not sure of his exact element, but from what we understand, he has knowledge of strange plants, as he fed a Le-Matoran merchant’s Gukko a parasitic plant. We were told by the merchant he might still be in Ga-Koro.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel Hooray, we met before it’s been a year into arc three, we made good time.

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

Eita followed Timak out of the restaurant, followed by the rest of his new friends. As he approached the De-Toa, he realized that two separate groups of people were converging on them. 

"Hey, what's going on, Timak?" he asked. "Who are all these people?"

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @Harvali@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel @BBBBalta Okay, I think I pinged everyone. So to recap, Eita has led Nale, Lekua, Nara, and possibly Kimala outside to meet up with Timak. Meanwhile, two other groups of people are approaching Eita, Timak and co.: one group comprised of Kanohi, Lapu, and Hakari, and the other of Ranok, Nichou, and Sigrus. 

• Like 1

[IC: Timak, Eita's Group, Ga-Koro]

"Hey, what's going on, Timak?"

Timak flinched. How long had it been, a few seconds, minutes, hours? They had been comfort-staring at the sky and had to force themselves to blink and shut their slackened jaw. "buh.. what?"

"Who are all these people?"

"Um.. I don't know..." - the Toa stood slowly, looking around at the converging group of assorted strangers. One with a confusing array of wooden kanohi all over their body - but Timak thought they saw kind eyes behind one of them - accompanied by a large figure covered in ... tree bark? And another tall blue-green person who did not quite look like a Toa. Altogether a very confusing group.

And then there was the other trio - A green Matoran carrying instruments (Timak made a mental note to investigate those later), a stout Onu-Matoran, and a mysterious black-masked Matoran in a cloak. Thankfully simpler to parse.

After attempting to take all this in, Timak simply rebounded the question forward. "Who are you all?"

ooc: wow that's a lotta peeps. lemme just copy all those tags... @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Harvali@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel @BBBBalta @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC: Kimala - Just outside the Great Takea, like everyone else

The tall Toa of Crystal found herself just about dancing to try and not step on or run into someone as she followed the Matoran out, only to find herself in another crowd. She shot Timak an apologetic glance for contributing to what was likely sensory overload. "Why don't we keep moving and find a quieter spot?" she suggested.

IC: Lapu

The even taller Toa of Plants glanced down at the unexpected squeeze. A small smile touched his woody mask, accompanied by a nod of assurance. He wasn't overwhelmed, he just didn't like crowds. As such, he slowed his step as they approached, and folded his arms, standing a couple of paces back from the edge of the group. He didn't bother trying to follow the conversation- he'd just follow Kanohi or Hakari's lead once things had been hashed out.

OoC: Well, I haven't had two of my characters meet face to face since Act 1! You're welcome for not indulging my urge to make Kimala and Lapu spend a whole paragraph each mentally complimenting the other.

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Hakari - Ga-Koro -

Suddenly they seemed to have the attention of just about everyone in and around the Great Takea. Did they really stand out that much? 

Hakari glanced at Kanohi, Lapu, and then down at herself. I guess we do seem a bit out of place...

"Uh...hi! I'm Hakari, and this is Lapu and Kanohi." She figured she might as well introduce the three of them to everyone while Kanohi explained their objective in writing. 

@Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Tarn @BULiK @Lady Takanuva @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa love tags they're great 

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: [Leah Maru - Ga-Koro harbor]

The sound of gunfire did not go unnoticed by the Maru either, but when she noticed that it very much came from the direction of the Fowadi, that Dehkaz seemed unconcerned and that there were no cries of alarm, she decided to carry on.

Food…the mention of it made Leah add another item to her ever-growing mental list of things they would need to consider moving forward. Ga-Koro had no trouble providing for itself and exporting to the other Koro according to demand, but now they were adding the population of what…almost two Koro’s worth on top of that? They would have to be careful not to deplete their natural resources to the point they couldn’t recover anymore in the long term.

Her mouth became a firm line as she considered the possibility, then she filed the concern away for later and returned to the situation at hand.

“All of this could have very easily been our people.”

“Yes, and loathe as I am to admit it…it still might be.” she agreed, quietly. It wouldn’t do much good for others to overhear a Toa Maru talking this pessimistically - although she wasn’t. She was merely acutely aware of what they were up against. For a split second, she felt like she was back in Mangaia, facing down the Piraka Hakann and his pet Rahkshi horde. They had lost that day and barely escaped - but at least they got the Piraka and Legacy both back for that by retaking Ko-Koro and sending them running. Still, they were out there…another problem still left unresolved, although seemingly contained - for now.  Who knew what they’d get up to with Makuta back from wherever Stannis had sent him. 

She inhaled deeply, letting the fresh sea air fill her lungs. She held her breath for a moment, centered herself and pushed that grim thought aside too, making room for her usual optimism to return. Sure, things were dire. What else was new? She smirked at the captain.

Buuut…not as long as we have something to say about it. Not if we stand together.” She lifted her chin a little, pointing it in the direction of the anchored Dasaka fleet.  “All of us.”

She gave that statement a moment too, then continued: “Speaking of working together, and since you mentioned sterling records: You might want to introduce yourself to our guests while you’re here, captain. Your arrival did not go unnoticed by the Dasaka - the Fowadi isn’t exactly what you’d call inconspicuous  - although compared to their ships…”

“Anyway, I’m not entirely sure they’ll let you talk to their empress immediately - but the commodore should still be around that submersible of theirs -”

She paused, head tilted as she picked up on the sudden change in the vibe of the crowd nearby. Matoran and Dashi alike had stopped moving, looking in the generally same direction and murmuring in alarm. Something was up. Her feet already moving, she looked back over her shoulder at Dehkaz:

“Sorry, duty calls. Speak to Commodore Ayiwah if you can!”

With that, the Maru turned and dove into the crowd, pushing her way through as quickly as possible.

— — —

As usual, a circle of onlookers had formed. Leah gently forced her way through, then stopped when she saw what had drawn the crowd: A Ga-Matoran, curled up in terrible fashion, lifeless hands still tightly clasped to her chest. Her eyes were open still, staring in silent horror. Leah didn’t know her - but she recognized the face, she’d seen her around the village before on numerous occasions. Now she was dead.

The Maru squeezed her own eyes shut for a moment as she knelt beside the body, then lightly ran her fingers over the Matoran’s eyelids, closing them too. Then, without further physical contact, she began to look over the body closely, trying to see if there was any obvious cause of death. But she spotted no lethal injuries - only a cut on the victim’s hand, like the kind one might get from being careless around any number of pieces of fishing equipment omnipresent in the village. A hook, a knife, anything of that sort.

Still kneeling, she addressed the crowd. “Anyone see what happened?”

After a second, one of the bystanders spoke up: “She came running from thataway and then just…fell.”

The Matoran was pointing in the aforementioned direction. Murmurs of agreement from the crowd corroborated that part at least, as did their auras. The Maru considered. Natural causes were of course possible, but the Matoran had been running. And with a face that scared…there must have been something worth running from.

“Seized up and…that was it.” the Matoran continued, swallowing hard.

Leah stood back up, looking in the indicated direction - roughly towards the markets.

“When?” the Maru inquired.

“Uh…two, three minutes ago, maybe?” another Matoran commented. Leah’s eyes widened at that.

Karz! So whatever had sent her running might still be in the area.

She unlimbered her staff from her back with a twirling motion.

“Get the Marines - and do NOT touch her. I’ll be right back.” 

With that, the Maru set off down the path towards the markets. It didn’t take long for her to get to the floating collection of stalls and merchant’s huts. Once there, she slowed her pace down, cautiously looking around to see if there was something or someone out of place here…

OOC: @Goose @sunflower

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: (Ga-Koro Market)

The markets were eerily quiet, left practically deserted by the throngs of people who had rushed to see the harbour's new arrivals. Adding to this, a strange smell seemed to linger over the area – musty and stale, like mould and decaying plantlife.

The site of the altercation was unmistakable, and even went some ways to explaining the smell: around the entrance of an alleyway, the vibrant green of the lily-pads was replaced by a dessicated brown. Like the stench of rot and filth, this withering only grew worse further into the alley, trading brown for a blighted, dead black. There was no blood – the cut had been too small for that – but there was no denying that whatever happened, had happened here.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: [Leah Maru - Ga-Koro markets]

This was getting weirder and weirder. Not to mention creepy. The Toa glared at the scene in the alley before her. Leah was familiar with the smell of plant rot, but the intensity of it here caught her off guard. It was difficult for any smell to actually linger long in the sea-breeze dominated air of the village of water. Which reinforced her suspicion that whatever had done this was still close…

The decayed matter of the buildings made her think of plantlife control first. But that didn’t fit with what had happened. Poison then, perhaps? It could explain the rot as well as the Matoran’s sudden death. Had a Rahkshi managed to infiltrate the village after all? But then it wouldn’t have been just one Matoran…unless this was a trap, meant to lure in more unsuspecting victims, coming to investigate.

Leah’s grip on her staff tightened as she reached out with her element, to detect concentrations of water above sea level. There was the amounts still present in the leaf buildings, but that didn’t compare to the concentrations found in living creatures. Matoran, Rahi, Rahkshi - for all their pistons and protodermis, their organic muscles and organs still contained quite a bit. And even if this kind of water was beyond her command, she could still feel its presence in other beings. If there was someone hiding nearby, she’d find out. 

OOC: @Goose

• Like 4

IC: (Ga-Koro Markets, Alley)

The concentration of water in question was behind her, and slowly approaching; had Leah not reached out with her powers, she would still have been alerted by its footsteps, or the increasing intensity of the smell.

"Say… you look familiar. Aren't you one of the Toa Maru?"

The unsettling smell was only a part of the miasma that surrounded the sickly brown-green Lesterin in the weathered black coat, as if disease and decay oozed from his very pores and poisoned the air itself around him. Mere proximity to him was already beginning to have an effect on Leah, a gut discomfort that would soon evolve into queasiness and nausea.

Edited by Goose
  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The Toa spun on her feet, staff ready in a defensive posture. A Lesterin? Now that she had not expected. Especially not one like…this. Seemed this one was the source of the smell too. Which was taking its toll: it made her want to gag. But tense as she was, she ignored it - for now.

“That’s right.” she replied, guarded. “And you are…not looking very healthy, friend. What’s going on?”

• Like 4

"Oh, I've been told that I am very sick indeed."

He took another step toward Leah, the ground immediately turning foul beneath his feet. He moved his fingers, gently, dancing on air with a sense of awful anticipation; though they were largely bone, long and twisted, rather than the clicking and clacking one might expect they instead produced more of a soft, wet crunch, like the sound of walking upon autumn leaves. This was, perhaps, due to the tattered skin and what might best be described as gristle that lingered still around the knuckles. And there, on one of the fingers of his right hand, right where the bone splintered at the joint, was the slightest touch of fresh, red blood.

The Lesterin smiled; those teeth that were not rotten yellow were either black as tar or just plain missing. Despite the cavities and the decay, all were unnaturally sharp, and his breath was unspeakably foul.

"But you should be careful, my dear; I'm terribly contagious."

Edited by Goose
  • Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Aeragot - Bridge of the Chiisai  Ryuu

On 5/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, Ghosthands said:

"As far as I'm concerned, you're free to go. Although I can't speak for the Marines; they may want to question you as a witness. Whatever the case may be, I'd ask that you leave the ship immediately."

Yeah, ok. No surprise, but Lieutenant Ageru Tazera took this kind of thing very seriously. Can't quite get over military protocol to give a thank you. No matter. He'd take the acknowledgment that he came in good faith, and pack things up. As was becoming a running theme today, Aeragot was going to cut his losses.

In another running theme, Aeragot held both hands up, palms out. He gave a slight shrug.

"Hard to argue with that, Lieutenant. You got it."

He looked to Rudra as well. It was hard to see a guy like that go down; all audacity, no malice. Aeragot wouldn't call Rudra's play wise, and if pressed he probably wouldn't even call it right, but who would he be if he didn't respect it?

"Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt."

He spoke with a netural smile, glancing around the room at large. But, with a pointed look to Rudra, Aeragot added a wordless grimace of apology.

Then he turned, and stepped out of the submarine's bridge. He gave a polite nod to the Dasaka guards beyond the door. Of course, he only received steely gazes in response, but Aeragot wasn't going to let a tense situation disturb his conduct. One had to comport oneself in a certain way.

He enjoyed a glance into the interior of the submarine, his first look at the rest of it given his Kualsi-aided initial entry. Immediately conscious of his prying eyes, however, the Dasaka sailors ushered him along. Aeragot didn't like only receiving the accelerated exit tour, but in this case he had little ground to argue. If he was being honestly with himself, he didn't have the stamina either. His headache, still growing, made that abundantly clear.

Even so, just before he was nudged out the door and back onto the pier, Aeragot gazed deep down the line of the Ryuu's hull. He still had prospector's eyes. He had spent years acclimating them to the surface, but he had lost very little in dim light. Had Aeragot been most anyone else, he wouldn't have caught a hint of movement past a series of low bulkheads, and recognized it as a tiny rodent. The creature raised its nose to the air, and rubbed its tiny front paws together. No way it had come over on the ship; Aeragot had seen its siblings a dozen times before, trawling about in alleys and on docks in the early evening.

It was thinking of this image that Aeragot chuckled, standing and steadying himself against a rail on the pier. It didn't matter what he, or the Lieutenant, or anyone else did: Mata Nui got in. Though he didn't feel like he could call that much of a win, something struck him about that rodent in the dark. It was evidence, he supposed; whatever it was that was happening, it was at least going to change them all.

OOC: @Ghosthands @Razgriz

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 5

“That why I’ve got a dead Matoran in the street? Wrong place, wrong time, is that it?”

There was an edge to her tone now. Part of it was the increasing discomfort of the smell of rot around her, but more than that it was the attitude, the blatant disregard for life on display. She’d seen it before: Heuani, Makuta…the Legacy. As Leah’s mood darkened, so did the clouds above Ga-Koro. 

The Toa Maru took some controlled steps back to keep her distance, raising her staff so she could easily level it at this…whatever this Lesterin was. And whatever he was doing, it was nasty. She didn’t even need her mask to see his aura was very much hostile. There was something foul in the air around him, more than the stench. Her widgets were still on poison, but seeing the rotten visage looking back at her, she started to consider Tryna users and just good old fashioned corruption by Makuta*. 

She reached out with her element, calling upon the moisture in the air around them. It wasn’t visible, but it was there. If his miasma got any worse, she had something prepared to hopefully clear the air.

(*Accept no Substitutes. )

• Like 4

On 3/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, BULiK said:

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Docks, Yukanna, Interior]

"I told you to give Ayiwah the space to flex her muscle, but sometimes you must also be by her side to show you're invested in her mission. The situation is more secure now, I think it's best to go outside, show that the Rora supports her allies and will not be intimidated. Everyone will see that statement and it will strengthen your stance for the future," Dihunai concluded, continuing to use the terms of her trade in lieu of terms with more diplomatic finesse. "A stumble is not the end, so long as you recover your balance before your opponent exploits it."

"Whoever chose to attack us, make sure that all they have accomplished is demonstrating our strength and wisdom."

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

I was never one to take advice as soon as it was given, so I took a moment to think about the advice. Every deliberation should take six breaths' worth of time at minimum, the first two to center one's self, the next two to refresh the brain with oxygen, and the last two to affirm the choice made. In. Out. Repeat.  

"I agree," I said with finality. "Thank you." To emphasize the point I got up from the bench and took a few steps toward the hatch to the deck. 

I could not trust in walls and guards to keep me safe all the time, nor should I shirk the responsibility I held as figurehead and remain behind closed doors in the wake of adversity; I needed to go back out and show myself and my trust in the imperial soldiers and sailors. I drew my sixth breath and exhaled. "It's getting stale in here. I long for fresh air again."

The air outside the Yukanna's hold was quiet and subdued. Despite the sudden alarms that went off at the onset of the Ryuu's infiltration nothing was pointing at an ongoing conflict at this point, which I took as a reassuring sign. The submersible was still there and the docks seemed to be unchanged, and most indicative was the sight of my cousin standing on the pier alongside the Yukanna. I sent a mental ping her way as I strode down the length of the flagship to the gangway.

<Aya.>

<State of affairs report.>

• Like 2

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, harbor]

.:My Rora, the intruder has stood down and should be in custody shortly. The Ryuu’s propulsion systems have been disabled as a precaution. The situation is under control.:.

.:Disembarkation of our people is progressing steadily and should be completed soon. Aclaraung the dragon is currently at the great Takea inn.:.

.:And a  local ship called the ‘Fowadi’ has anchored just outside the harbor, they’re privateer allies of Ga-Koro.:.

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

Privateers? I thought. No matter, if they were friends of Ga-Koro then there was no reason to think of them as anything but friends of ours as well. In this delicate situation we found ourselves in on this land we needed to be both perceptive of new connections and give factions the benefit of the doubt, even if such an openhanded trustiness would burn us as well at times. 

<Who is the intruder?> I asked. The question was loaded in a way that wouldn't be properly conveyed with words—these matoran and toa, despite all their powers over nature, were still deprived of the fluidity and subtlety of Ideatalk where whole concepts and images could be conveyed in the blink of an eye with subtlety that would otherwise require the skills and time of an orator with a captive audience. What i was not clear on, yet, was whether we were blessed or the matoran were unlucky.

@BULiK @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

But the miasma was already getting worse – or, perhaps, it wasn't changing at all, and it was the length of exposure itself that made the Toa Maru feel increasingly unwell. Something about it crept under the skin, crawling deeper and deeper with each passing moment, bringing with it the heavy, sticky heat of fever and the familiar acid burn of vomit rising in the back of the throat.

The crooked man himself sighed and pouted, with a comically wide frown that didn't reach his watery, jaundice-yellow eyes.

"That was unfortunate," he admitted, standing still. The Ga-Toa was on edge now, and backing her even further into a corner was risky. "Perhaps not so much 'wrong place, wrong time' as 'wrong person.' My money is on a weak heart; the poor thing just couldn't cope with the stress."

• Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) Bridge

Watching the erstwhile candidate for a Fair Take (Rudra wouldn't mind letting him post up on the back half of the sub while they made the trek to Onu and refined their sales pitch) amble away unaccosted, Rudra felt his mind be set at ease. In truth, he didn't believe overly in good-hearted deeds going and being punished, even if that sort of fettering tended to be what got in the way of his scams— at the very least, repaying favors was still in the playbook. He'd not proved himself an obstacle— and really, what more could you ask for on a caper? Staying out of the way was a support all its own.

All this saying—

"Good kid," the Vo-Toa allowed a smirk to play across his mask, the click of his tongue heralding a kindly disappointment in his sigh. "Real shame he can't see it."

His tone was conversational, casual. Almost compliant, in comparison to his earlier standoffishness. When he offered Tazera that same smile, his hands came with it, lowering calmly out in front of his chest, a little beyond a manacles' breadth apart. His eyes were less readable, but he was always unsure how people could present them as anything else.

Focus, big dog. You get one last ride out of it. These last drops count.

Around him, though, and hopefully beneath notice, the air began to feel like brushing feathers against the skin.

If someone, preferably someone psychic and wearing Toa's faces ran in to grab him, bind him, cuff him... They'd be shocked to learn why.

He knew he'd be thrown in a pit, if he was lucky.

Edited by Razgriz
I have been making CIA jokes in this edit field for fifteen minutes and none of them are as funny as this next idea Rudra's having
  • Like 6

helo frens

IC: Dehkaz [Ga-Koro Docks]

Dehkaz mulled over the Maru's far more upbeat words that she had left him with for a moment after she had made her exit. The parallels were not lost on him in the slightest, the fact that so many of them were thinking the same was telling, as was what Leah hadn't actually said aloud. Makuta was back in force, and everyone was gearing up.

The conversation was enlightening, but it also brought up more questions. The Fa-Toa weighed his options, there were more than a few things they needed to follow up on, and not nearly enough time.

"Kale," Dehkaz called over to his first mate, who was probably the best person for what he had in mind, "see what else we can find out about the Dasaka's situation. Leah mentioned their fleet's Commodore was nearby their submerging boat, seems like the best place to start."

"Oh," The Captain held up a hand, "and if you make it onto one of their ships, see what details you can pick up about them. Even if they're only half as impressive inside as they look outside, I have a feeling we'd have a lot to learn from them."

@Silvan Haven

• Like 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Unfortunate!?

The Toa Maru felt a hot flash of anger. That had been a life and he was pulling faces.

What in karz is this guy’s deal…

Leah could feel the sweat trickle down her neck and the bile in her throat. Normally she’d have put it up to adrenaline, but this encounter had only just begun and she was feeling hot and queasy - and this suddenly that wasn’t normal. A change this quickly did not go unnoticed…whatever this rot was that was radiating off of the Lesterin, it was affecting her too. 

Was that what had happened to the Matoran? If so: how? What had he done to her?

The cut…it had been the Matoran’s only outward injury. And if that had been his doing…if she’d been in contact with this stuff…had that accelerated her demise? Was it proximity based? 

He’d pretty much admitted his involvement, but as for actually answering her questions, his replies had been vague, evasive. But why draw the attention of a Maru, admit to a murder and then play coy? Just to enjoy keeping her guessing?

Keeping her.

Leah’s eyes narrowed with grim resolve and she slightly tilted her head sideways as the realization sunk in:

He's playing for time, to keep me nearby. Close. Exposed.

Nice try.

From one second to the next, the air in the alley was filled with mist. Not quite enough to completely lose sight, but still dense. But unlike natural mist, this cloud was moving fast, swirling around the Lesterin. If whatever he was emitting was airborne, the water droplets in the fog should be able to bind it and clear the air. If it truly was something more sinister and simply corrupted by proximity…well, then she’d have to keep her distance - and work fast. 

The Toa tensed her legs and then launched herself into a high backflip that landed her atop the nearest hut behind her. But for a second she swayed, struggled to keep her footing as her stomach protested the sudden acceleration with another wave of nausea. But she fought to regain balance. Now Perched on the building, she resumed her defensive posture.

“You caused the death of one of my people and I’m not waiting around for another. You’re not gonna find the right person here and you’ve worn out your welcome. Now you’ve got one chance to stand down, quit your rapid composting and start explaining."

"If not...you're gonna leave this Koro - one way or another. Whether it's on your feet or on your rear is up to you."

Edited by Vezok's Friend
Made a small edit to give the miasma a little more credit ^^
  • Like 8

Kale Ironshaper - Ga-koro - Docks

IC: "Aye sir, I'll see what I can find out." The silver Toa handed another small piece of seasweed chip up to his companion and turned to survey the docks. It had always been a busy place. Now it was a chaotic sea of living beings in half a dozen sizes and shapes. There were patterns to it however. Even among the beautiful yet alien Dasaka there were distinct groups. Perhaps shipmates or familial groups. Often times the knots of people clustered around particularly well dressed individuals. A small smile lifted the young man's face as he noted that bit. Alien culture or not, the people in charge always got the fanciest stuff.

He was looking for a specific person however. The Dasakan commodore, a military leader. So perhaps not as fancy, a little more practical, she'd been here for a few months now hadn't she? Probably better at blending in. As he made his way towards the submarine his rahkshi metal staff thudded softly against the lily pads. There was a crowd on the pier nearest to the submersible ship. One in particular stood out to him. Fancy armor that had a slightly more military cut to it. At least that's what his admittedly untrained eye suggested. Her bearing and presence certainly suggested a military official who was used to being in command of most everyone around her.

Rather than try to force his way through the collection of rather tense looking Dasaka, he stopped at the edge of the squadron and called out. The tone used was one that he'd cultivated on the battlefield. Designed to carry and be heard despite high levels of ambient noise. Useful for yelling at slow workers on a busy dock as well. For this particular moment he tried to inject a bit of formality into his voice as well. The newcomers liked that right? He was pretty sure he'd heard that somewhere.

"I am Kale Ironshaper, first mate of the ironclad Fowadi. Is Commodore Ayiwah here? I would speak to her if possible."

The longcoat draped across his form fluttered in a way that was very clearly not the wind as he realized that it was difficult to look dramatic and formal with a small pink person on his head eating seaweed chips. Emerald eyes flicked upwards as a small crumb landed on his nose.

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Composting? I prefer to think of it as withering. And I am afraid I couldn't stop it if I wanted to."

Leah's plan, while clever, served only to prove how insidious the miasma was; even with the mist swirling around the Lesterin, it continued unabated. The same could not be said, however, of the crooked man himself – with his visibility limited, he tensed and looked around in confusion, waiting for an attack that never came. It was only once she spoke again that he was able to refocus.

"Now, as for explanations, those I am quite able to provide; I wouldn't want you to think me uncooperative. Please, ask your questions."

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC Luten - Ga-Koro:

The small pink person in question had her gaze pointed skyward as the clouds darkened and gathered.

Simultaneously, she felt a familiar tug on her senses. Like the one she'd felt in Le-Koro when Oreius had been nearby.

She leapt down onto Kale's shoulder, and gave the collar of his coat a small tug, before pointing off to his right

"Mr.Kale, I thought we were gonna talk to Miss Leah, but I think she's over there!"

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 1

IC: Nichou [Ga-Koro, The Great Takea, Exterior]

Nichou's gawking at the dragon was interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. Ranok said something about... interesting people? Nichou loved interesting things but what could be more interesting than a drag-

When the Onu-Matoran glanced behind him, the small crowd that was forming did indeed catch his interest, and he and Sigrus followed the musician to draw nearer to the epicenter. While a lot of optics were focused on a lot of places, there was a De-Toa talking, asking a question to nobody in particular, and yet somehow, Nichou knew it was a question for him in particular.

"Who are you all?"

"Us?"

Nichou put a hand on the opposite shoulders of both his travel buddies for effect before he squeezed through them and stepped forwards.

"We're nobody special," Nichou answered, tilting his head to his old friend Lekua with a sly wink of a shared run-in with Destiny. "Anything longer than that and we'll be here all day - we each have our own way of doing it, but we're just here to help."

The carpenter looked at the eclectic clusters of various sized beings in front of him. Matoran, Toa, Lesterin... beings of all sorts of origins and elements - Mata Nui laid bare. Well, there were three Ga-Mator- Wait, no, that one Matoran's armor had flairs of crystal in a style that Nichou had only seen lately from the visitors of the crystal fleet. So, two Ga-Mato - Wait a minute... she was different somehow...

Nichou could not place what it wa- of course, the bits of black. That particular hue reminded Nichou of Sigrus, when the Fa-Matoran wasn't hidden under his blue cloak.

The three aforementioned blue matoran had Lekua tagging along beside them, and to be honest, Nichou was much more interested in the pilot's group than the largely silent jungle dwellers that Hakari introduced (besides, Ranok was trying to get their attention) or the two Toa in the center. Nichou waved a loose salute at the Le-Koronan before blurting out the most generic question in the world.

"Long time, no see, Lekua. How've you been?"

It had been a long time since the two had worked together - so much about the island had changed since then. Nichou had presumed that Lekua went off freelancing, or maybe joined back up with Kongu in the Gukko Force. Nichou had talked to Stannis, though he didn't know that Lekua had tracked down the elusive Maru first to ask the same questions about some of their old Companions.

For now though, Nichou was just happy to see an old friend, and the thought of any sobering memorial to their fallen comrade was quickly pushed out of his mind by how exciting this all was.

OOC: @BBBBalta mainly but also @Rahisaurus and pretty much everyone else

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

[The skies above Ga-Koro had darkened unnaturally fast, gray rain clouds condensing to form a low-hanging gray blanket and threatening rain on a day that had thus far been fair. Those who’d been around long enough knew what that meant, but for most of the Dasaka and other newcomers, the Maru’s indirect influence could be a bit of a surprise.]

She blinked another drop of fever sweat out of her eye, watching the Lesterin’s aura. There was no deception, so what he was saying was the truth, but there was also no change to his hostile intent whatsoever. 

“Yeah, you’re practically oozing cooperation.”

Great. On top of everything else going on, they now had a walking plague in the Koro. One that took effect at range and seemed to be unaffected by her powers so far. Lesterin weren’t like Toa, that was well known, but this was a truly sinister ability. At least, being unable to turn off the rot meant this one hopefully was operating alone for the most part, whether he was serving Makuta or his own ends.

Despite trying to suppress it, she coughed, grimacing. Oozing indeed. The nauseous feeling wouldn’t go away either, so she moved further back up the hut, hopefully getting to a distance where it would stop getting worse. No wonder the Lesterin was willing to talk - every minute spent speaking was another minute his victims…withered

‘Even if I wanted to’…still just playing for time, aren’t you?

It was admittedly an effective tactic. She had seen enough Rahi that would rather wait for ripe fruit to drop off their trees rather than climb up to get them. So when she did ask her questions, she fully expected the answers to be as vague as the haggard one’s other statements thus far, just so that fruit could ripen some more.  But she had to ask anyway, even if it played into his hands for now - because she also was playing for time.

„Fine, let’s keep this simple then: Who are you? Who do you work for? What do you want?“

She’d definitely have to pay Cael a visit after this, to get checked out, to warn her and to figure out just what this Lesterin’s rotting power was. But for now, with so little to go on, she was increasingly convinced the only way to tackle this issue was at its source. At the same time, it would mean drastically escalating the confrontation and she didn’t want to put anyone else at risk by doing so. Then again, if she waited around too long eventually she’d be incapacitated, too sick or worse to help, leaving others at risk too.

She didn’t like how fast she’d been forced into a situation where those appeared to be her only options.

Or were they?

The thought dropped into her mind alongside the first rain drops from the clouds above.

The Maru began to quietly reach for her element again. She called upon the connection to the ocean carrying the village and stretching out to the horizon behind her. The contact was soothing, the water deep, still, clear, pure. She let the feeling flow through her.

She concentrated on the rhythm of the incoming waves, steadying her breathing to match it -or did the waves match her ? It helped her to think, to focus through the fever haze and nausea.

There was one other question on her mind. But first, she waited for the Lesterin's reply.

• Like 4

"Me? Why, I'm no one, my dear; just some poor sap who took a tumble into the wrong puddle of viscous ichor." The Lesterin smiled as he spoke, and took another step forward, closing the distance. If the Toa wished to outrun his miasma, she had better try harder than that.

"And I want… nothing. Which, as it so happens, answers your other question, too: I work for nothing. Or perhaps it's better to say I serve nothing – after all, when you work for nothing... Well, it's hardly going to pay."

Edited by Goose
  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC (Ageru Tazera) [Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu]

Tazera watched Aeragot leave the bridge and breathed a silent sigh of relief. That was one less complication to deal with. Although she had to admit, the Toa's efforts to defuse the situation had probably been what was needed. Thanks to him, the intruder had been talked down and would soon be in Marine custody, with no further damage done to the Ryuu's bridge or the febrile diplomatic situation. It seemed this whole debacle was finally drawing to a—

Then she felt it. A faint tingling on the skin. A sense of dryness, a charge in the air. A hint of metal on the tongue, like the taste of a dry thunderstorm. She'd felt these sensations before, only a little while ago, and what they presaged was bad news indeed.

The Lieutenant wheeled around to see Rudra looking directly at her, as Inzu reached out to bind his proffered hands. The Toa was smiling.

Too late, Tazera's warning thundered through the mental plane.

:WAIT—:

• Like 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Just as expected, the answers were vague, designed to unsettle and keep her guessing - to give his corruption time to further take hold. And it was unsettling - but more because of the familiarity of his words. They reminded her of a dark time and place, deep below the center of the island. There they’d faced down no-one before. The Nothing. She should have expected his return would bring about similar specters of the past.  

She briefly wondered if that was another form of destiny - to keep fighting the same old battles, just given new forms - forever. Until the fight was taken out of you and you had to pass the torch again

The rotting Lesterin took another step forward, and she retched. It was involuntary, but she managed to force herself to remain upright, and squashed the thoughts of times past and future. Thinking like that was a distraction - perhaps another side effect brought on by this miasma - but regardless, it wouldn’t solve anything right now. She had to stay in the moment. She had to stop the rot first.  

Stay focused on the waves. Use them.

The voice in her mind was her own, but different. Far older and wiser. The connection with her element was still there, still strong. It called to her  - from the depths of Naho bay, down past the shallows, out towards the lost reef...and she answered the call.  While she continued to hold her staff defensively with one hand and carefully observed her opponent,  she brought her free hand close to her heartlight and closed it firmly. And in her mind she heard that voice that both was and wasn't hers recite: 

From clear waters granted; from unity derived; all are one…or none.

In that moment, she became one with the ocean, or it became part of her - and she directed its power inward, letting the deep currents run through her. The miasma was like poison in a well - given time, it would turn it all into toxic sludge. But with enough clear water flowing, it would be diluted into nothing and washed away, just like rinsing a wound. Because the clear water flowed faster than sludge. Clear water nurtured. It soothed. It cleansed

It was the very antithesis to corruption and poison - and the principle of the village of water.  

It couldn’t fix the damage already done, and the Maru still felt queasy, and her temples throbbed with a headache. But for the moment, the rot could not claw its way deeper into her - and that was a relief already.

The Lesterin saw the Toa Maru tilt her head slightly. She still looked unwell - but then he noticed a small smirk play across her lips.  

“Take care when dealing with nothing - it can destroy you. Now, let’s try this again.”

The Toa Maru took another step back - and dropped out of sight. There was a faint splash followed by a moment of calm. And then her voice rang out again, sounding as if it was carried on the sea breeze: 

“Tell me: What do you know of purity?”

The floor beneath the Lesterin’s feet, weakened already by his own power, broke apart suddenly as the ocean erupted up through it, threatening to swallow him.

OOC: @Goose Remembered some things like the healing scene in MoL, and the charms/principles from back in MNOG 2 and Arc 1 and ran the resulting idea by @Ghosthands

• Like 8

As he felt the ground beneath his feet shift, the Lesterin moved – fast, but not quite fast enough. The water threw him off-balance, sent him stumbling into the wall of a hut; as he caught himself, his fingers dug into its surface, and black rot branched like veins from where he touched.

"Heh. That's quite the impressive trick, Toa." Though his tone remained snide, something had changed in the crooked man's demeanour; he spoke through gritted teeth, and his sunken eyes were seething. "I know that Purity is a lie – that everything you wash your hands of isn't truly gone, and instead the water just carries your filth out of sight. We toss our plagues into the ocean, and still believe it pure."

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

[The clouds opened up,  rain started falling.]

Leah’s head briefly broke the surface a fair distance away, just far enough so her eyes and ears could see and hear the Lesterin’s response. 

Into the ocean? What an excellent idea.

Through the water, the Maru felt the stumbling impact against the hut. Leah seized the opportunity. Her main concern had been to get her opponent out of the village and away from her people in the first place.

The waves surged again, but instead of going after the Lesterin directly, they smashed through the lilypads surrounding the hut, cutting it free from the rest of the village. Floating by itself, it rocked on the turbulent waves and started to drift away, out into the bay.

• Like 3

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) The Hero of Naho Bay

Let me tell you a story.

I was always a man of the sea, you know. Growing up around Ga-koro, it's bred into you even as a man with the blood of foreign elements— even firespitters from here can feel the call. I wasn't any different. I did my time as a deckhand aboard a merchant caravel, shipping rice to Onu-Koro. I know the route well. Those are rough seas up there— always brewing up a storm.

It was the dead of night, and rain was beating down upon the oaken boards. As a Vo-toa, I was naturally among the crew that got the short end of the stick— had to keep rigging the sails against the thrashing wind.

I learned a lot about the sea in those days. Currents, reef patterns, the topography of the rocky spire below the waves.

I learned a lot about the storm, too.

One of my compatriots, a fellow crewmate picked up in Le-Wahi, was scrambling around the main mast to keep our lateen sails properly against the southward winds. He was a hardworking Toa of Iron, which in retrospect may in turn have had something to do with it. But our ship had three masts in total— fore, mizzen, and main. In the fireworks of the open sea, most of us were just doing our best to survive the ride of the waves, a feat in and of themselves when maintaining course— but his was the worst task of all.

For while struggled against the dervish, he felt the hammer of the storm.

I still remember the heat. even as a Vo-Toa, innately resistant to the shock, I could feel my skin tingling and standing on its end before our mast went a pure, blazing white. I was deafened by the crash and explosion, an explosion of the force of the sea's and storm's shared anger that drowned out even the wind, so all that remained were my eyes—

And I saw him, clinging to the rigging of the masts, entire body clenching and seizing.

I saw his eyes, panicked, as his spine burned and heartlight flickered without rhythm.

You can surely picture it.

He didn't let go.

Why not?

The Vo-Toa's grin widened, edges of his mouth pulling back to reveal yet more teeth as his eyes met Tazera's again as she whirled, panic splayed plainly across her face. So she did feel it, then? No matter. It was already too late, for her lackey was already reaching out, grasping for his freely offered wrists, guard all the way down. Whatever she wanted to do to stop it, she wasn't close enough, and wasn't fast enough, and he'd just spotted a crack in all the things she'd said.

Because he couldn't.

At once, all the stored elemental energy Rudra had sequestered into himself, built as raw static charge, found a new path to circuit through. All those untold hundreds of volts surged out through his wrists and into her palm, clamped down irrevocably onto his left wrist as her body and mind went into a tensed, involuntary lock, the buzzing and undeniable energy of the storm flowing through her. Whether or not it would kill her, the Vo-Toa wasn't certain— he'd already been running low on juice while making his pitch to Aeragot, and these were, admittedly, pretty tough military aliens. Lightning from Mata Nui himself wasn't always a sure kill either, let alone his humble scion— but he was certain it'd knock her out.

Enough, at least, to turn this around yet.

"You looked, Lieutenant!" he crowed triumphantly, exploding into motion. His free hand rocketed forward towards the young Menti's face even as the current flowed through their paired system, clawing fingers snatching the edges of her Kanohi. "Hahahahaha, you were bluffing!"

Wrenching back, he ripped the mask free and flung it far, far away, out towards the ruined remains of the bulkhead that had once sealed them off from the outside world. A clear message to any who entered, and something he was sure the officer's eyes were also bound to follow.

He cut the current now, as the seizing not-a-real-Toa finally went limp in his grasp. Any strength she might have had through the shock, seemingly as totally unexpected as it may have been, had now left her as her whole world grew heavy. Even if she had been trained to function without it normally, between it, the thunder that had flowed through her, and competing with him and his Kanohi-enabled athleticism would doubtless still be no contest.

By the time Tazera's eyes flicked back to Rudra (if we assume they followed the Kanohi), he had snaked his left arm around the guard's neck, shoulder, and back, hooking under the armpit and gripping the lapel of her uniform coat. What use did she have for that anyway? This boat would suffer no winds.

His right hand was now in a very familiar posture, but an inch away from her exposed temple as the tip of his finger gun crackled and snapped threateningly. His last, probably, but enough to sell this. In fact, he had the heavens on his side— it only took some time on the water for a storm to grow anew on the waves. As long as she believed it, he'd doubtless earn time to make it real.

"YOU STILL SAY THEY'RE ALL READY TO DIE, AGERU TAZERA?!" he roared, loud enough that it would reverberate into the halls where more doubtless lay in wait. "YOUR HONOR WORTH THIS LIFE?!"

He wore the face of something more feral than a man. Beneath panting, tense breaths, a snarling, rakish threat of a smile, his eyes pinned the officer-at-command to the place she stood as he began to slowly shuffle backwards, intent to pull the entire room into his view. He had to press this for all it was worth. Not give her any time to counter this gambit. Mata Nui was on his side. He had to keep pushing forward now, if he lost faith in the Spirit, then the Spirit would lose faith in him.

"Let's write a new deal, you and me. I want two things!" he began at a growl, before eclipsing it with a rough bark, the sharp volume going for the attention of all listening. "I want all your goons off this ship, and I want my passage to Onu-Wahi!"

His knuckles around her coat's collar were bone-white, and his fingertips jammed towards her temple, compressing that space to a mere centimeter.

"Get my boat moving, before she gets to FOLLOW THOSE 'IDEALS' OF YOURS!"

Edited by Razgriz
[MISSION UPDATE] [WANTED RATING: FIVE STARS] [OBJECTIVE: SURVIVE]
  • Like 8

helo frens

.:A Toa, ma'am. With lightning powers, by the looks of it:. Ayiwah replied to the Rora's question, her ideatalk transmission equally conveying what she had received from Tazera about their would be pirate. 

Just then, the voice of the newly arrived Toa did indeed carry through the gathered crowd and reached the commodore’s ears. The Menti retainers securing the perimeter did maintain their position, but one of them reached out mentally, asking: .:Ma’am, should we let them through?:.

They had all heard the earlier explanation as to what the Fowadi was and who crewed her. So from that standpoint, Ayiwah was willing - but she still hadn’t heard confirmation from Tazera that the situation aboard the Ryuu was resolved. Better not to take any chances, however remote.

.:Negative. Stand by, I'm coming over:.

Looking at the Ryuu once again and getting an affirming nod from the Dashi watching over the anchor chains keeping the submarine tied to the Yukanna, she turned and walked over to the perimeter, the retainers stepping aside slightly to give her room.

Kale noticed that as the Dasaka officer approached, she was taking measure of him, clad in his silver armor and long coat - and that her eyes kept jumping to Luten.

“I am commodore Ayiwah. Greetings, Ironshaper Kale and…companion?” she introduced herself, eyes still constantly moving from him to the little pink person on his shoulder. 

First dragons, now this. Definitely just another day on Mata Nui. She didn’t question her existence of course, she could tell she was real enough. But the way she registered on the mental plane was…odd. Not in any alarming way, just…unusual. She could already picture Yumi’s reaction once she’d hear about it.

“What do you wish to talk about?”

OOC: @Silvan Haven@The UltimoScorp@Umbraline Yumiwa Going to make use of BZPtime to get a little conversation with Kale and Luten in before Tazera's alert.

Edited by Vezok's Friend
Totally missed Yumi's question. Whoops.

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Docks]

Dihunai followed Yumiwa outside the wooden bulkheads, the salty breeze a reprieve from the relatively cramped interior. Ignoring any strange looks from imperial onlookers, she walked past Yumiwa off of the gangplank and onto the dock where the Yukanna was moored, baggy robes ruffling under the wild while her folded arms gave a monk-like appearance. The "ground" was less solid than she wished, but the lilypads and planks were much more amenable to Dihunai than the swaying of the flagship.

The Tajaar warrior was close enough to intervene if another incident arose near the Rora, but she kept her distance at a nearby storage hut, wanting to pick her battles carefully. Her fire had been the spark that lit Yumiwa's flame, but Dihunai chose to quell her own inferno so as to not snuff the fuel from the air. Perhaps a lesson had been learned. Time and observation would tell.

A new group of locals was approaching the Commodore. Perhaps they were there to explain the ongoing incident, but Dihunai's golden optics pierced them as if they were collaborators. The free-spirited Menti lacked trust for imperials, even moreso for the strange locals. For now.

She glanced at the mountains far off in the distance, still unsure if abandoning her home was from a place of wisdom or merely strategy to justify and conceal her cowardice. In a new land rife with danger, disjoint from her tribe with only their tenets to guide her, Dihunai still had yet to find a path towards kindling her own fire further. Sharing the flame could just as well burn those around her as it could temper them.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Umbraline Yumiwa and whoever else is nearby-ish, fowadi peeps right?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Luten - Ga-Koro:

"My name is Luten, Miss- whoah! You look kinda like me!"

Luten blinked out of existence for a moment, reappearing straddling Ayiwah's shoulder facing away from her, gently tapping on the crystalline armor she wore.

"You're way more blue though..."

@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: "To introduce my ship and crew, see what connections can be made, and learn of your pe-" Aaaand then Luten was suddenly on the shoulder of the Very Important Toa he was currently trying to talk to. He wasn't sure how uptight these people were but the fact that the Commodore had been surrounded by bodyguards when he'd shown up told him that someone teleporting onto their charge's shoulder probably wouldn't be taken well.

"Luten please, lets introduce ourselves before we start touching the nice crystal ladies. I'm sure we can find someone who will be happy to compare armor with you once we're done."

Emerald eyes flicked between his companion, her current platform, and the guards. He didn't think they could truly injure the strange mask. Not from hitting her avatar at least. But he still didn't know much about Luten. He knew even less about Mata Nui's new guests...inhabitants? Starting off relations between the Aggressors and the Dasaka with another brawl in the middle of Ga-koro was the opposite of what he'd been sent here to do. Plus, one of them was already staring at him reaaaally hard.

OOC: The only Fowadi people in this group are Kale and Luten. @BULiK @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

.:Hold!:.

Kale suddenly found it wasn’t just one Menti staring at him, but several. But then, just as quickly, they stood down again. No words had been spoken but the Toa was sure some form of communication must have taken place.

Ayiwiah for her part had her hand raised, ready to call upon her own ability, but she dropped it again - albeit slowly - when she realized the little figure was merely curious. At least for now.

Careful.” she said. Her tone wasn’t unfriendly, but she put a fair amount of her usual authoritative voice into it. “You should heed your companion. Jumping on strangers is a good way to get hurt - especially on a day like this.”

Luckily, the commodore had as little interest in additional confrontation as the Toa standing before her, so to diffuse the tension, she added: “But yes…a lot of us are some shade of blue.”

The commodore held out a hand next to her shoulder, for Luten to step on so she wasn’t forced to awkwardly glance down at her pauldron. Although that did allow her to spot Long Dihunai with her peripheral vision. Here was someone from her own side that she would need to get to know better. She had not been part of Yumi’s inner circle before the Ryuu had left Kentoku. And here she was now, almost like a royal advisor. There was a story there.

OOC: @Silvan Haven@The UltimoScorp@BULiK

• Like 3

IC Luten:

All eyes were on her, a fact Luten became keenly aware of. A ripple of red passed through her body as she stepped down onto the proffered hand meekly.

"Ah, sorry Mister Kale, Miss Ayiwah. I just got excited."

She fidgeted for a moment before dissipating entirely for the time being.

Kale would feel a flush of heat over his cheeks, evidently Luten was embarrassed by the situation she'd inadvertantly created.

@Silvan Havenv

@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Sharing a face with someone was weird.

The pale Toa let out a soft sigh of relief as the situation deescalated. Even if the guards didn't look particularly comfortable still. The way that they had responded to some sort of unheard command was certainly interesting. Something to report back to Dehkaz at least.Instant private communications would certainly be useful in battle. Or just about any situation really.

"My apologies, Luten is still learning the ways of the world and meant no harm by her actions. She and I are members of the Aggressors task force. A team made up of members from the different koro tasked with finding and dealing with issues before they can become major threats to our homes. The large ship moored out in the bay is our home away from home. The Fowadi." He lifted a hand and carefully gestured at the ironclad where it floated a safe distance behind the Dasakan refugee fleet. Newly refurbished armor gleamed despite the sudden storm overheard. Fat drops of warm rain now falling from the sky and pattering against his waterproof coat.

"I was hoping to talk to you about about what exactly brought your people to our shores. What I overheard talked of a vast army of rahkshi."

@Vezok's Friend @The UltimoScorp @BULiK

• Like 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1