BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

IC: Karoru, Fowadii

Allowing herself a small grin at the positivity of Skyra's response, Karoru grasped Skyra's proffered hand firmly in her own sturdy grip and hauled herself aboard.

"Get along? Skyra, if even 'alf the crew here is as personable as you I'm excited to make their acquaintance."

After barely a day on land, Karoru almost felt more comfortable on the slightly shifting deck. She took in a breath of fresh sea breeze, untainted by the smell of fear and desperation that had seeped into every inch of the evacuee craft.

"Ain't half fancy," she said, looking about the deck with a tiny whistle. "You know, back in Kentoku only the super-high-ups had metal armor and such. A ship like this would be a Torusho's ransom."

Almost delicately, she patted the side rail. "A whole ship made of metal. Bet there ain't much that could give you lot trouble."

A pause, then, "...us lot, come to that. I mean…" She paused, scratching at the back of her neck while looking away embarrassedly, "...if you all will have me."

Trying to not let her anxieties get the best of her, Karoru exerted the several tons of mental force required to drag her optics back into eye contact with Skyra's own. "Well… guess there's no point putting it off longer. S-so…" she tried to replace her previous relaxed smile, but ended up looking slightly ill instead. "...l-lead on, Miss. I'll be right behind you."

@Snelly

• Like 4

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Skyra Daring - The Fowadi -

I looked away briefly as Karoru called me personable. "Thanks, I try." Actually it sort of came natural to me, if nothing else I was a people person. Having it pointed out felt a little weird for some reason though, not that I minded the compliment. 

Moving on, Karoru commented on all the metal on the ship. It was admittedly pretty impressive, but I got the impression that metal was quite rare where she came from. 

"Metal is super rare in Kentoku huh?" I thought about how many metal weapons I currently had stored on the ship, I'd be freakin rich on Kentoku. "We literally have Toa who can create metal with just a thought. Like Kale, who you'll meet later at some point. And Dorian over there." I pointed at the Toa standing on the other side of the deck, speaking of the devil. "Our currency here is even made of metal." I took out a few widgets out of a pocket on my belt to show her. 

"Though admittedly, having a ship covered in metal is new even for us. Heck I bet it would even have Makuta himself running scared if he saw it, ha!" Wait, did she even know who Makuta was? Eh I'd just explain the most evil thing in existence when she asked. 

I briefly glanced out towards Ga-koro as I saw something weird. It seemed like there was a lot of mist and watery things going on over there...was that lily pad floating away from the Koro? What the f**k?

I shook my head, this was no time to let myself get distracted by random bulls**t! 

"Well anyway! As you can see this is the deck! It is...where most of the stuff you do on a ship happens..." Look I wasn't a sailor okay, I was usually in the sky or the trees give me a break. "...aaaaand over that way is the Gukko Pens, that's where my Kahu, Destiny nests at." Speaking of which, said bird was flying down into her nest as we spoke, after eating all those dead seagulls. 

OOC: @Lady Takanuva 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

With his question as to drinks going unanswered, Aclaraung turned to the bartender, who was asking him if he'd have anything. He couldn't deny some small amount of confusion, but it hardly mattered in the grand scheme of things. He glanced back at Makua for a moment, giving the Toa of Ice a nod, and his eyes fell squarely back on Rhow.

"I don't carry currency," he replied, and sank back under the water at the edge of the pad. Astute eyes would notice him rapidly covering the distance back to the submarine, great yellow eyes gazing intently in a porthole at the one who was yelling, firing lightning, and seemed intent on stealing the vessel. Most interesting.

For the moment, though, he did nothing but observe. Wait and see if the Dasaka would have it handled, or if they might request his help in maintaining their hold on their vessel.

OOC: @Razgriz@Vezok's Friend@Ghosthands@BULiK@Umbraline Yumiwa

IC:

I liked his vote of confidence in my hopeful theory about as much as I liked the trouble he still seemed to be having with his shoulder. "I'm fairly certain I could find it," I replied, if a bit dubiously. "No heavy objects until I can get a better look at your shoulder...but, follow me. It should be just a bit west of here, deeper in the village."

OOC: @Krayzikk

IC:

"That does sound even more horrifying, doesn't it?" Sato agreed, the momentary relief she felt twisting back around into a sort of resigned apprehension. "Alright, let's go looking. I don't know if they've even made it up to the docks or if they're still further out in the bay, but someone on the ship I came in on should know, down at the edge of the docks." There was another new ship that had showed up past their entire fleet, she could see, as well as a ridiculous amount of thought-speech flying around about what was going on with the submarine.

"You think they have that handled?"

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Thanks for the rundown Silv, Fowadi peeps do be everywhere these days and it's easy to lose track

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Docks]

'Aggressors'?

The short Menti leaned against the leafy outer wall of the nearby hut, barely refraining from delivering a bemused snort, as she listened to the local speak. Rain began to pick up in a sudden swell, but after a moment a slight sizzling could be heard beneath the cacophonous pattering of raindrops.

There was a light white glow above Dihunai's remarkably dry robes, and thin currents of steam wafted up from each drop's impact with her flaming dragon's scales.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro

.:A Toa, ma'am. With lightning powers, by the looks of it:. Ayiwah replied to the Rora's question, her ideatalk transmission equally conveying what she had received from Tazera about their would be pirate. 

Lightning, I thought with a mixture of awe and concern. These toa were something to be feared as well as respected, I'd realized, and a single one of them could well be a match for any of our Menti. And if a toa were to decide we were an enemy, like this one that had attached the Ryuu, I imagined that it would take the fiercest battlemasters to counter them if need be, Battlemasters who were in short supply even moreso now than ever before. There was simply an immense field between a Menti who's powers were focused on perfecting their mind for combat and utility and a Toa who could literally command the natural environment to their whims. To summon a bolt of storm lightning from the static energy of snap of fingers? Such a feat had been unthinkable for me until recently. 

As it began to rain when there was nary a cloud in the sky half an hour ago, I wondered, was this phenomenon borne from the moisture of another Toa's tears? 

“I am commodore Ayiwah. Greetings, Ironshaper Kale and…companion?” she introduced herself. “What do you wish to talk about?”

If Aya thought I would have a strange reaction to what would happen next, she'd have been correct. I felt a flurry of mental energy, a spike of alarmed emotion from the privateers, and then a soothing over after a fairylike apparition dissipated from Aya's shoulders as quickly as it had appeared. It was, without a doubt, among the strangest things I'd seen ever, but I'd realize later on that life here on this strange land would take getting used to and that this was just a normal day. As the alarm faded, I drew closer to the group, but decided to hang back.

I was still dressed in my decidedly more casual seafarer's garb, and while I still looked more regal than a clan-ship captain there were few things that indicated my true social status from a foreigner's perspective. Using that anonymity to my advantage, I decided to eavesdrop under the guise of any other Dasaka officer roaming on the docks. 

<Do not introduce me as Rora,> I told Aya. <Not yet. Indulge me in this. I want to see how these toa treat us without a fear of diplomatic incident.> 

<Or as much of a fear of one,> I corrected myself. 

Not eavesdropping idly, I  used my sailor's skills honed by the trip over here and busied myself in checking on the moorings of the Tactical Panda II, which at the time had been docked on a pier adjacent to the Yukanna

For a moment, I felt like I was a little child again, furtively roving the hidden hallways of the imperial palace and peering through keyholes to spy on my mother's cloistered appointments with various toroshu and diplomats. Eavesdropping on my mother's meetings had been almost been turned into a game for me, one publicly counseled against my by uncle and subtlety encouraged by my father, and initially I'd suuuucked at it. Royally. But over time, I'd learned how to make myself small, concealing my presence by looking like I belonged where I was. When palace servants and guards were about to pass by, I'd find a way to blend in, searching for a book I'd purposely left lying about earlier, or drawing my eyes closed and withdrawing my mental signature to appear to be asleep. Later on, my tutor Inokio had taught me the more active skills of espionage, how to pad footsteps to not make a sound, properly hide in alcoves and in the smalls of cabinetry, and finding out when and where such meetings were to take place by documenting the patterns my mother had for such appointments.

It wasn't until far later, in a conversation in memoriam of my father, that I found out my mother knew about my acts of espionage all along and chose not to interfere in my hobby. There were secrets behind every corner in Sado, she knew, and my game had become a fun way to educate me about these undercurrents in the palace. Inokio had told me these were also Fursic tricks and it was useful for me to know how the spymasters operated for my own sake. The irony dripping from that statement from Inokio was invisible at the time, but it was not lost on me when his deceptions became plain later. 

The privateer mended things and went on, "My apologies, Luten is still learning the ways of the world and meant no harm by her actions. She and I are members of the Aggressors task force. A team made up of members from the different koro tasked with finding and dealing with issues before they can become major threats to our homes. The large ship moored out in the bay is our home away from home. The Fowadi." He lifted a hand and carefully gestured at the ironclad where it floated a safe distance behind the Dasakan refugee fleet. Newly refurbished armor gleamed despite the sudden storm overheard. Fat drops of warm rain now falling from the sky and pattering against his waterproof coat.

"I was hoping to talk to you about about what exactly brought your people to our shores. What I overheard talked of a vast army of rahkshi."

In the meantime, I listened. 

@Vezok's Friend @BULiK @Silvan Haven

• Like 3

IC: Dehkaz [Ga-Koro Docks]

The Toa of Magnetism watched Ironshaper depart in the direction of the largest of the foreign ships moored to the dockside. They had learned more than their fair share of information from the short conversations had so far, and Dehkaz was more certain than ever that the story wasn’t yet done unfolding. Still, they had more than just information to get from their stop in Ga-Koro, even if circumstances had been drastically shifted. A goal set, Dehkaz made his way from the seaside docks to the collection of wooden and leaf-built buildings that arrayed themselves out along the perimeter of the village. His first stop was the harbormaster’s office, a single story building which looked as though it had weathered nearly every single storm and tide that the Wahi had ever seen, with mismatched planking and well-worn footpaths around its perimeter.

The interior was a buzz of activity, with a multitude of voices washing over the Captain as he pushed the door open to duck down inside-the entrance no doubt having been built when Toa were far less commonplace across the island. With the sudden appearance of the Dasakan vessels the sheer amount of frantic activity was of no surprise, and it took a good few minutes before Dehkaz was able to get a word in with anyone of some official capacity. Still, the slightly salt-encrusted Ga-Matoran whom he was able to speak appeared almost thankful of the banality of the Captain’s ensuing request and began penning down ink onto a parchment not long after.

Crew Wanted!

For the Ironclad Fowadi

Sailing experience Not Required, Pay negotiable for applicable skills

Inquire at Southern Dockside by Sundown

So read the number of notices which were distributed and posted around the village of Water’s dockside within an hour of Dehkaz’s departure from the harbormaster, the ink hardly drying on a number of the pieces of parchment by the time they were put up.

• Like 10

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: [Rhow - The Great Takea]

The Skakdi barkeep watched the dragon dip back below the waves with pursed lips and no drinks.

She crossed her arms once again.

“You know, come to think of it…I think I do remember hearing rumors about a dragon popping up around the village some time ago. Always took it for sailors’ yarn.”

Then, louder she said, “Well, anybody who wants more drinks and anyone about to leave, find me at the bar!”, before returning to her usual spot behind the counter.

OOC: Sorry, just too many people in the Takea right now to go back through and check if I missed something. Just come find Rhow and tag me again if needed!

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro, harbor]

.:Commodore, I think that dragon from earlier is back near the Ryuu - and I also think something’s happening over at the other end of the village. Just some pretty big splashes there.:. The lookout aboard the Yukanna reported, up from her perch.

.:Understood. Keep an eye out, let me know if either situation requires immediate attention:.

.:Yes ma’am:.

Back in the physical realm, the commodore raised a hand, waving the duo’s concerns aside. 

“No harm done. But it will take some time for all of us to adjust to this land.”

Especially the more traditional clans and their Toroshu. The way the Matoran were…they would have to gather the Toroshu and really impress upon them not to take offense if they weren’t treated according to Dasakan traditions here. The last thing she needed was an endless amount of complaints about perceived offenses.

Just then Yumiwa disembarked the Yukanna again. Aya’s glanced at her, to make sure she didn’t require her immediate attention. Instead, the empress made one of her typical Yumi-style requests.

<Do not introduce me as Rora. Not yet. Indulge me in this. I want to see how these toa treat us without a fear of diplomatic incident.> 

<Or as much of a fear of one,>

.:Yes, your highness.:. Aya replied, trying to suppress the hint of mischief carried along with the message as much as possible.

She watched the sailor inspect the first set of lines for a second, before slipping into full commodore mode: “Tardy. Didn’t I tell you to check those moorings over an hour ago? Report to Lieutenant Tazera after your shift.” 

And pause for effect…hey, you wanted them to think you a regular sailor, don’t give me that look!

“You just volunteered for midnight watch duty.”

After one more hard stare - and a quick wink -  Ayiwah turned back to Kale and Luten.

“As for your question, yes: Our people were driven out by a horde of Rahkshi who attacked seemingly everywhere at once without any form of warning. But this is all just second hand information, since I was already here with our expedition when it happened.”

Despite her stoic outward demeanor, Kale could detect a hint of bitterness in the officer’s voice at the mention of being away from her home in a time of need. 

The commodore turned slightly, looking out towards where the Fowadi was sitting on the waves.

“Your Fowadi is impressive. This island must be full of riches indeed if you can afford to clad an entire vessel in iron. I'd be interested to learn more about her, if possible.”

OOC: @Silvan Haven@Umbraline Yumiwa@The UltimoScorp@BULiK

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

[Ga-Koro (Ranok)]

Ranok frowned, tapping his chin.  “I do know of some…extralegal places that sell plants—though usually they’re of the the more recreational kind, if you catch my drift.  Still, might be worth going there to ask around.   I’m rather famished, though.  I’d like to catch a bite on the way, if you don't mind.”

OOC: @Harvali @Snelly @ARROW404...and @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa as well as everybody else

Edited by Mel
  • Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Ember - The Fowadi

CRAKKK! CRAKKK!

Ember’s heart seemed to fall a good foot down through the bottom of her gut as she flinched in reaction to the piercing thunder of a firearm unloading rounds across the deck. If she were in worse shape, she’d have been doubled over as a tightness in her chest squeezed tighter from shock. That isn’t to say that her chest was not at all feeling that anxious pain - the annoyance of an unannounced discharge of arms was enough to at least spark a flame there, but it was the sight of who exactly was responsible for those shots and the raucous laughter thereafter that worsened the sensation.

A deep scowl twisted her features into one of the more ugly visages one could find aboard the Fowadi. Ember’s fists balled, jaw clenched, lungs filled, and finally mouth opened to shout her impolite displeasure at the one-not-deserving-his-title, but the first syllable was cut short as the gargantuan shadow of a larger-than-life Toa - actually deserving of that title, mind you - veiled her from the midday sun.

"You all set then, Ember? Noticed you head belowdecks before -- you get a grocery list from ol' Muuk?"

She spun around to face Rynekk, struggling to untangle the lines which crossed her face. A look of slight annoyance was all she managed as she began to reply, eventually morphing into a more neutral expression upon the end of her sentence.

“Ah, Toa Rynekk, there ye are! Aye, got meself the docket right ‘ere.” She patted the satchel on her hip. “Scannin’ for ye just now, was I. Got any other business or shan’t we head outboard, lad?”

OOC: @Void Emissary @Krayzikk

• Like 3

IC: Makua — Ga-Koro, the Great Takea

The sellsword calmly rested his now empty glass on the bar, feeling quite great. This was precisely the sort of edge-softening that Makua needed after days’ worth of travel through the jungle, mountains, and snow. Still, it did feel odd doing all of this without his friend Tailua. Ever since the incident, those two had stuck together. They became traveling mercenaries and fought alongside all sorts of traveling groups. It wasn’t always clean work from a legal perspective; in fact, hardly any of the jobs Makua took up were legal. Given the Three Virtues and the strong adherence to the Toa Code among Makua’s kind, the ice Toa often was able to make a great deal of cash from taking up jobs most Toa lacked the spine to take. His successes earned him shining golden pauldrons and an intimidating-looking ebon armor. To the ladies, such armor and strength was irresistible. While Makua knew this vacation time would be the most ideal for his escapades, he did have the slight sinking fear that none would measure up to his encounter with Niici just the night before. That was new, and the icy queen of the Cultured Gentry knew it.

Which meant he had to prove her wrong. Eventually.

Right now, he need to get some air and walk off this buzz.

Makua looked to the counter to see the glass already removed.

“That’ll be it for me, my friend. It was effective,” Makua said, reaching for his coinpurse and bringing up the cost of the drink in widgets, plus quite a high tip for the barkeep.

“This is a more interesting day for you than usual, I’m sure,” Makua said with a slight drawl, “Here’s hoping a little extra helps with that. Thank ya”

As he put away his bag of coins, Makua frowned at the realization that he had lost a bet with one of his old mercenary mates about the existence of dragons. Makua had never bought into such silly tales, but now he’d have to buy that man a drink. Eventually.

Makua turned on his heel and left The Great Takea. One serving of that particular drink was enough for him, and on days like this, he was a fan of efficiency. Unfortunately, the fresh air Makua hoped for was being served with an extra helping of rain. He observed the locals walk and work like it was just another sunny day, and the Toa’s pride pushed him to do the same — ignoring the inconvenience of the downpour. The Toa decided that his next stop would be the Ga-Koro docks. There were always entertaining characters walking or living along those piers, and with the refugee situation, such characters would likely be more entertaining than usual.

Ga-Koro Docks

Makua was not disappointed. The drunks were there as usual, and now they were chasing the already-rattled Dasakans around, much to their annoyance and/or terror. Nearby, there were more Dasakans sitting on the docks, but these seemed to be enjoying some of the vices that the locals usually kept close to them. Drunk crystal-armored sauntered along past Makua, grateful to have the edge taken off their stress.

They’re gonna feel all that tomorrow morning, Makua thought, trying and failing to hide a cruel grin.

Makua continued to walk down the worn wooden planks that made up the old docks. Massive ships completely filled the harbor, blocking most of the water views and especially blocking out the horizon — not that that was too much of an issue this time of day. As the sun started to make its way down, it would eventually make its departure behind the Ga-Wahi cliffs — the same ones that hosted the island-famous carving of First Toa Gali and the waterfall that spewed from her mouth like a poor soul who drank too much rum. Makua always thought that was rather gross, but he long learned his lesson and would not bring that up with any local ever again.

Finally, the ice Toa’s eye caught a parchment nailed to a nearby post. It was among many parchments that had advertisements, recruitment notices and manifestos written on them, but Makua could tell this one was fresh. With no particular destination in mind, Makua ambled towards the parchment for a closer look.

Crew wanted for the Fowadi? Makua thought. The Fowadi was a name Makua knew quite well. Tailua talked nonstop about her and her crew — despite having never been on the ship and having never met any of the crew in person. It’s said that they had strong ties to Po-Koro’s forces, along with the various guard forces in the other villages.

What fun would be it to rub shoulders with these guys while Tailua is doing Mata Nui-knows-what in Ostia? Makua thought. He chuckled softly.

It was a humorous proposition, but the mercenary was supposed to be vacationing. This parchment clearly says crew. Perhaps there’s an amount of coins the captain would accept in exchange for passage to Ta-Koro, Le-Koro, or maybe even Ostia if the Fowadi is headed there. Makua figured there was only one way to find out. He knew from experience where the southern dockside was, and he was actually going in the right direction already. Just a couple turns here and there and he’d be there.

To the south…

It was no less busy in this area of the docks, but there were considerably less drunks milling around.

Makua put on his best charm and began to seek out the recruiter.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @sunflower

• Like 4

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: (Ga-Koro Markets, Alley)

"Tut tut, Toa – weren't you listening?"

The Lesterin stepped nonchalantly over the newly-formed gap, carried safely across by his grotesquely long legs.

"If you wash me out to sea, I only become someone else's problem. Or, worse still, the high tide drags me right back to your very own doorstep." He was looking around, now, milky eyes scouring the water's surface for any sign of his foe. "And I believe the both of us are quite aware I'm not just talking about myself. Your days of 'out of sight, out of mind' are over, my dear; all your Husi have finally come home to roost."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

"Drat. I was hoping to spend my afternoon picking heavy things up with it, pain being such a novel feeling and all." The joke started with an intent that trailed away, Krayn's gaze pulled off the road on which he stood and towards a... Commotion of some kind. He clicked off the sound suppression around his ears, listening carefully to the sounds reaching his ears. There was some kind of business around the sub, of course, but there was something else. Not just people, a... "I should have a delivery from Po-Koro, it was supposed to..."

He trailed off fully, eyes narrowing slightly. The tides. Something about the tides were very, very wrong. What the...?

"Little diversion, I think, Praggos. Does the water seem right to you?"

@otter@Vezok's Friend@Goose

IC:

"Miss Ember?" The deck rumbled rhythmically, a shape eclipsing even Rynekk in Ember's gaze. "Rynekk."

@Perp @Void Emissary

• Like 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [Leah Maru - Ga-Koro markets]

It would have been nice to isolate her opponent with the floating hut and then deal with him away from where he could try to hurt innocent bystanders. But, while he’d been speaking, she’d had another idea…

The Lesterin did not have to search long for signs of his opponent. She broke the surface not far from where the hut was now floating. 

„I think I got some water in my ear; sounded like you said something about the tides?“

„Did you forget? I command the tides.

And with those words, the waters at the end of the pier rose once more, a blue-gray wall, easily towering over the height of the market huts. The rogue wave carried the Maru, who was half submerged in it and glaring down intently at the Lesterin with glowing cerulean eyes. Despite feeling a new surge of nausea taking hold of her stomach once more, she managed a small smirk.

“Guess this is the ‘gotcha’ moment where you get to gloat?”

She shook her head.

“The funny thing is: you’re right. Makuta was gone, his legacy driven out. At that point we might have settled for ‘live and let live’ - but you just won’t leave us be. You are our problem. And our approach in dealing with your kind so far has been palliative at best. Because we don’t fight as dirty as you.”

And maybe we should.

The wave started to collapse. For a moment it looked like it was gonna break over the markets, but then the waters surged forward as they lowered, flooding over the lilypad path, putting the immediate area surrounding them both underwater. As they did, Leah slid down from her perch, stepped back onto the platform and began to move through the thigh-high surf towards the Lesterin who was now also standing in it.

But I won’t compromise who I am for you.

She coughed again, obviously struggling against the renewed influence of the miasma in close proximity. Her heart was pounding, her mouth was dry and she could feel brain fog starting to creep in. But she kept going until she was a few feet away from the withering being - stopping just far enough away that he couldn’t reach her in a single lunge. She grimaced painfully.

„And somehow…you hang that over us as some kind of moral failing on our part. Because like you said…you’re sick.”

And I won’t need to.

Another stomach cramp. She almost doubled over. But despite shaky knees, she remained standing, with shoulders squared and hands splayed. The entire time she’d spoken, she had also focused on the deep currents within the water once more, calling upon them to tap into as much of their purifying power as she could muster. It saturated the water sloshing around their legs and waists. 

She lifted her head, looking into the Lesterin’s diseased visage. And despite clearly being ill, her eyes were blazing.

The healing power flowed through the water at her bidding, and Leah aimed it straight at her opponent, willing it to cleanse the withering rot he produced. Much like the miasma was clawing its way into her, the healing power of the water was taking hold of the Lesterin and set to work removing his poison. 

“You’re a disease. And I’m the cure.”

OOC: @Goose

• Like 7

IC:

Given that we hadn't moved particularly far from the docks, it wasn't hard to notice as the level of the tide began to drop far lower than it should have, certainly at this time of day. Casting my eyes up, I quickly noticed the source of it, as an unmoving wave rose up quite a bit higher than most of the structures in the Koro.

"Not really, no," I replied, tapping Krayn on the good shoulder and pointing him towards the wave as it started to break. From our vantage point, I couldn't really tell just what had been submerged, but I at least new the direction to take, and could probably guess at just who was causing that specific commotion. "Package later, help a Maru now?"

I didn't even wait for a response before I started moving in that direction; knowing Krayn, he'd probably agree with that course of action. Even if he didn't want to get directly involved with whatever fight was going on, no doubt he'd agree that we needed to make sure there weren't any bystanders in need of attention after whatever had started this.

OOC: @Krayzikk@Goose@Vezok's Friend

profiles i guess

IC:

In contrast to the general clamor of the main jetties and piers in which the bulk of the crystalline-clad foreigners had landed their equally shimmering ships, the southern dockside was far less populated by them. Though this didn't entirely seem like a fortuitous circumstance, the more secluded nature of the docks combined with the simple fact that even under exceptional events trade was still as necessary and active as ever meant that the walkways and gangplanks were just as active as ever.

Fortunately enough, a single being stood out like a sore thumb among the Ga-Matoran dockworkers and crew, her scuffed tan armor harkening to a home which was significantly sandier than the place she currently found herself. Currently the Po-Koroan was stood off to one side of sets of crates and barrels being lashed together, the recognizable shape of one of the Sentinel's amphibious skiffs bobbing gently with the waves not far behind her just off the dock.

@Emzee

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Makua — Ga-Koro, Southern docks

The calm bobbing of the boats and skiffs did as much to calm the sellsword’s nerves as his extra-strong drink from the Great Takea. He always appreciated a Skakdi who could make a mean beverage that stuck with you.

The din of drunk sailors and bewildered refugees began to fade behind him as he entered the southern docks. He looked around for the sign of someone waiting around — or at the very least, a literal sign. Matoran traders and tourists alike were bustling around him, and the small of fresh fish and other wares began to give Makua hunger pains.

I wonder well-stocked the kitchen is on the Fowadi, thought the Toa of Ice as he continued to walk along the docks.

As soon as he thought the word Fowadi, a Toa entered Makua’s field of vision. He had guessed this was a lady Toa of possibly stone, but the purple colors and the translucent Rau kept the Toa guessing. At any rate, this Toa’s posture suggested to Makua that perhaps she was the one he should talk to. When Makua got within several feet of the Toa, she had noticed him, and they both had made eye contact.

“You’re with the Fowadi crew right?” Makua said to the woman, “I read your sign posts. Sounds great, but I got another offer”

Makua was well aware of what the sign posts had said, and he knew that the Fowadi wasn’t exactly known for being a taxi service. But spending his trip cleaning the deck or polishing cannons wasn’t really Makua’s idea of a vacation. Though such activities weren’t dull and could even be fun with the right crewmates. Still, it was better to start with what he wanted — see if this Toa had any give to her.

Makua stood tall, his charm switching on like those switch-powered Onu-Koro mining machines. He then made his proposal, “How much for passage to Ostia, if you’re headed there? I got the coin to compensate for your troubles — if that’ll suit you”

OOC: @sunflower

• Like 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

The crooked man's laughter was harsh, grating, like steel scraping against rock.

"What, you expected that to work? I must admit, I hardly expected you to be quite this entertaining." The miasma was weakened, the severity of its effects reduced – its range, too. But rather than wash it clear, the water merely dampened it. "You can't cure what you do not understand. Take your little speech, for instance-"

He moved very slightly forward, but still kept his distance. The purifying water appeared to have had some impact on his appearance, too, revealing features beneath the grime and the rot. This close, and with that benefit, Leah could truly see the Lesterin's face – or, rather, she could recognise that she couldn't see it. His sunken eyes were not quite so sunken as they seemed, but instead peered out from behind a Kanohi, twisted and scabbed over until it appeared to have become a part of him, and rendered unrecognisable in the process.

"Your insistently shallow focus is not a moral failing, but a tactical one. You treat symptoms, and never fight the cause." He grinned, lifting his awful hand as if to proudly display it, shifting his grotesque fingers. "Over and over again, you make the same mistake. You try to 'cure' me, and still your approach is only skin-deep…"

He seemed to move in the blink of an eye, his swipe scarily fast – and now, thanks to his step forward and his obscenely long limbs and digits, he was within reach of Leah, clawing at her eyes with boney talons.

"This is the product of a diseased mind."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend sorry for the wait, had to do some thinking and then consult with Krayzikk

Edited by Goose
  • Like 7

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Aeragot - Ga-Koro Harbour

Aeragot knew of only one upside to his particular affliction: it didn't last long. Once back on solid ground, his symptoms started to dissipate almost immediately. Thus grounded, he began again to really think. He turned away from the water, now leaning his back on the guardrail, and scanned the crowds around him. No movement coming precisely his way, which was a good thing. Perhaps the Marines were presently distracted, or else he hadn't piqued any particular interest. Not like anyone could have circulated his description, at least not anyone who wasn’t still on the submarine. All the better, as far as he was concerned; Aeragot had no interest in spending hours answering questions for someone else’s satisfaction.

In that interest he figured it was better to get lost in the plunge for a time. Better not to stay too near the scene of the crime, as it were, especially given that one could count the number of orange masks in the crowd on one hand. Aeragot slunk between huddled groups, both Dasaka and Ga-Matoran. He felt faintly thankful for his smaller-than-average frame. He moved quickly, but tried to adopt the disinterested expression of one who wasn't deliberately slipping away.

Coming out of the thickest of the crowds, Aeragot walked a ways up the edge of the harbour. He ambled past Dasakan sailors and Ga-Koronan dockhands. He had slowed his pace slightly, reasoning that he was outside the zone of greatest danger, and looked with idle interest upon the varied vessels of the refugee fleet.

And then he stopped. He had heard a voice he recognized. He knew that such precision would ordinarily be beyond even him, but it had been mere minutes since he had heard Commodore Umbraline Ayiwah's voice roll louder than life across the bridge of the submarine. He kept walking for a few moments then, in one fluid motion, he wheeled about and drew his gaze across everyone in his immediate vicinity. An old trick, gazing off as if you were looking for something specific then seeming to find it a few degrees past whatever you were actually looking for, but a reliable one.

Ayiwah wasn't hard to identify: not only was her uniform evidently of considerable finery, she comported herself in all ways as a leader. When she gave an order, nearby sailors followed it. Though Ayiwah stood backed by several of her fellows, she was speaking to one of Aeragot's countrymen, a Fe-Toa wearing a long. Aeragot was really starting to think those were coming into style. 

Aeragot didn't hesitate. He walked back the way he came, some paces past the group, and then stood on the water's edge. He rested, leaning against a large bollard. Then, Aeragot stared deep into the distance across the ocean, eyes on the horizon. If asked, however, he could not have described at what he was looking. He was entirely focused on listening in.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Umbraline Yumiwa @Silvan Haven @The UltimoScorp @BULiK hope I'm not being overly presumptuous — just trying to keep Aeragot involved in interesting stuff!

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 6

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Nothing that can't wait a few hours," Rynekk said. His ears pricked up at the sound of Skyra's voice, and he tilted his head slightly to see her lead a stranger onto the deck of the ship -- a figure in crystal armour. One of these Dasaka that he had been hearing so much about these past couple of months, he supposed. He felt something tighten in his stomach, recalling as he did how folks back at the 'Marion had talked about how these people had some sort of psychic abilities. And while that might have just been blabber -- after all, if a race capable of mind-reading had existed in the past hundreds of years, surely someone would have heard about it before now -- Rynekk knew he would feel a lot better as soon as he was out of eye-line with this one.

Of course, eye-line stopped being an issue within another half-second. A massive shadow suddenly passed over both him and Ember, shading them under the noon-sun.

"Hey--" he started to say, shifting to look up at the newcomer.

OOC: @Krayzikk@Perp

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

OOCAlright alright alright, a little soundtrack for mood.

The immediate thought that went through the Maru’s mind was rather straightforward:

Ah, karz.

It was the first time she actually seemed genuinely rattled, eyes widening in surprise - and fear. She’d been certain the purification would do the trick. Instead he’d pretty much shrugged the power off. Maybe this was the moment he finally would get to gloat for real. Just what was this forsaken rot?

She’d tried to fight smart, to contain the threat and subdue her opponent before anyone else came to harm. And it wasn’t working. She knew there had to be a counter - there always was - no matter what trickery Makuta’s followers pulled. She just needed time to figure it out. Time that she didn’t have.

Fight the cause? What do you think we’ve been doing? He’s down there in Mangaia somewhere, or across the sea. Unless that’s not what you’re talking about…

She glared into the sickly eyes again, noticing the mask. She knew Lesterin didn’t need to wear them the same way Toa did. She tried to figure out what shape it was with all the gunk still sticking to it. It was hard to tell. Was it an infected Kanohi? It was possible. Even likely. But then again, the whole being before her looked infected, was that how

Already light-headed from the miasma before and focused on her working the problem in her mind, the Lesterin’s sudden move caught her off guard.

She saw the claw coming, but consciously she was slow trying to process it. Her body, however, reacted on reflex. Before she’d fully realized it herself, she’d started turning her head and jumped backward, water splashing loudly. She didn’t feel the cuts on her cheek until the burning pain started a moment later, like fire under the skin, spreading. Immediately, her breathing quickened, almost hyperventilating. Her free hand came up to feel the wound, but she stopped herself before actually touching it. The image of the dead Matoran flashed in her mind. She didn’t know how much time she had until she found out if his poison worked just as well on a Maru as it did on that poor soul. 

But until then, she had a duty. Overhead, thunder rumbled and the slight drizzle turned into a proper downpour. Sure, she’d been angry at the senseless waste of life at the Lesterin’s rotten hands already. But that anger had been controlled, focused. Now - he’d called down the storm. 

Stop trying to find his weakness - play to your strength. Water can flow - or it can crash

Still breathing fast, Leah stared down her opponent with feverish eyes, who was keeping his distance again. All he had to do was wait to let the miasma do its thing until she weakened enough to present another opening - or worse. She in turn would have to force one. The only times he’d actually seemed concerned so far had been when she’d been out of reach or sight. Now she was neither. But melee range went both ways - and she had her staff. And if fancy abilities didn’t do it…then it was back to basics.

But by the looks of it, even those seemed to disappear fast from her repertoire, as the poison continued its work. The Maru leaned heavily on her staff, planting its end right by her submerged feet for support. Her hips shifted, trying to maintain balance. Her shoulders were tense, trying to keep her upright, while her left arm hung loosely by her side.

And then, with her stance established, the Toa suddenly burst into action: She kicked up the end of the staff along with a spray of water that briefly obscured the Lesterin’s view. Continuing in one smooth move, she spun the weapon once with her right to bring it up, before grasping it with both hands and lunging at her opponent, bringing it down again.

The Lesterin tried to evade, but found that even with his long limbs, the water around his legs was making it hard to move. Harder than it had been before. In fact, there was a sudden rip-current that actively hindered him.

The staff hit with a crack.

“Still entertained, chum?” 

Without waiting for a reply, she launched her next combo of strikes. Whether they were deflected or not, their main purpose was to drive the Lesterin back - towards the unseen hole the combination of his rot and her power had torn into the now-submerged walkway behind him. 

• Like 5

The Lesterin hissed in pain, but refused to drop his grin, his yellow eyes gleaming with equal parts fury and bloodlust.

"You know, that doesn't look great. You might want to get it checked out-" His taunting was interrupted by Leah's next volley of strikes, and he was forced to duck back in order to evade them.

He quickly realised his error.

He felt his balance shift beneath him, threatening to tip him over into the hole. There was no way to regain it – not with the water around his feet, and certainly not with his centre of balance already so distorted by his proportions. His only option was to try and catch himself.

The crooked man cackled as he reached out to grab hold of Leah's arm, intent on either halting his fall or taking her down with him.

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The Lesterin flailed, but did indeed manage to get a hold of the Maru’s arm. Leah in turn let him keep his hold, but only just long enough to hiss two words through gritted teeth: “Tactical error.

Then she jerked back, freeing her hand in the process. The Lesterin dropped for a split second- then the water of the hole erupted upward like a geyser, with the force of a Tarakava punch - enough to send someone caught in it skyward.

• Like 3

Caught in the geyser, the Lesterin flopped in the air like so much rotten meat, and came back to the ground with a splash. It was quickly becoming apparent that he'd bitten off a tad more than he could chew; with the Toa Maru now furious, and far less concerned about collateral damage, he was sorely outmatched. Time, he thought, to make his retreat.

He realised that he had landed next to a hut, thrown some ways away from the Maru. That gave him a little time, but he still had to buy himself more.

He didn't even clamber fully to his feet before breaking through the doorway with unusual ease, crashing through quite nearly on all fours. They'd been fighting too long on the Toa Maru's terms – it was time to reclaim the advantage.

• Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

She watched the Lesterin fall, but any relief she might have felt from regaining control of the situation was overshadowed by the feeling of sickness. She swayed on her feet. The Maru would have liked nothing more than to slip into the waves again and focus on mending her own wounds, but not while this…creature was still in the village.

The noise of him crashing through a doorway and the rain hitting his form told her which direction to go. She summoned her strength once more and forced herself to move. She didn’t have to go far. After all, the hole was still right there.

Peering out from inside the hut, there was no immediate sign of pursuit - but this was Ga-Koro. A moment later, water blasted into the room from below as the pool in the floor erupted, with Leah at its center. The water surged around the room, reaching for her opponent.

• Like 4

And the rush of water was exactly what he had been waiting for.

"Sorry to cut and run, my dear," the Lesterin announced with a smirk, the glow of his mask now revealing him as having climbed up to the ceiling of the hut. He dove through the wall, which crumbled far too easily…

Had Leah come through the door frame, she might have noticed the rot at its edges. Had she waited before releasing the surging water, she might also have noticed that the walls were similarly weakened. The Jutlin alone couldn't bring a building down in the time it took the Ga-Toa to catch up with him, but the surge of water through the floor and around the room was more than enough to finish the job.

As the walls of the hut lurched inwards, the Lesterin was already running, with every intention of putting Ga-Koro as far behind him as possible.

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Daijuno & Zyla | The Great Takea

It wasn't until the dragon had dipped back below the water and stayed there that I realized I hadn't been breathing for the past minute or two. Nor, it looked like, had I been properly holding myself upright, considering that when Rhow turned to go back inside, my knees buckled out from underneath and I landed on the ground. Over two months on Mata Nui, and this was the first time I'd ever come close to fainting. 

The best that I could hope was that Shuuan had been distracted.

As quick as I could, I clambered back up to my feet, brushing the sand from my armour -- the only bad thing about this paradise being that there always seemed to be sand getting into your affairs -- and pushed my way back to Rhow at the bar. I had lost track of my little pod, with Shuuan and Makua both vanishing into the crowd. I supposed, soberly, that I would need to get going as well, considering my fairly rash promise to find sanctuary for any 'hoko who were fresh off the ship here. Although, with that in mind, perhaps one last drink would be, in fact, necessary-- no, no. I need some semblance of professionalism without Zyla to keep me--

"Ms. Daij-- OOF!"

I collided with another Dashi, hard, who was stupidly just standing in the middle of the doorway.

"Hey, watch where you're go--" was what I had managed to get out, before the rest of my sentence died in the air at the sight of the Dashi in front of me. She was starved and threadbare, barely standing, dark circles around her eyes -- but instantly recognizable. All that I could say was:

"Zyla?"

It was hard for Dastana Zyla to recognize her employer at first. Her last memories of Daijuno were from the piers of Sado, watching her climb the gangplank onto the Chisaii Ryuu all those months ago. That Daijuno had been stiff, insular, her eyes as hard and flinty as the shores of the Imperial City; her clothing custom-made to be professional, presentable, the sort of thing a noble might where (although Dai would deny any such motivation). She had been a woman who had tried so, so hard to be respected -- and feared.

But the Daijuno in front of Zyla now...

There was an ease to her. A carelessness and a freedom of movement, and a gregarious to her, even when she wasn't saying anything. She was a new woman.

Well, they all were, Zyla supposed.

"By the goddess, Zyla!" Daijuno said, gripping her by the shoulders. "It's you! It is you, right? They didn't have any record of you on the manifests, I thought-- They're saying that demons have attacked Kentoku, is that-- How did you get away? What-- 'Taka, we need to get you some food! And a stiff drink! Come with me, come with me. Rhow! Some food and drink for this one, it's an emergency!"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend and anyone else at the bar.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

On 6/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, Razgriz said:

"Get my boat moving, before she gets to FOLLOW THOSE 'IDEALS' OF YOURS!"

IC (Ageru Tazera) [Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu]

Tazera was frozen in place. Her eyes were wide, face taut with barely-contained emotion, equal parts horror and rage.

The quandary before her should have been easy. The calculus of Order was clear: the life of one Menti was of little importance compared to the Chiisai Ryuu, a vessel of singular value both practical and symbolic. To give her up to some base thief, on this day of all days, when what remained of the Dasaka Empire had arrived beaten and bedraggled on foreign shores, exiled from its own homeland...it was unconscionable. One soldier was not worth the jewel of the fleet. Any commanding officer worth her salt would make this decision in a heartbeat. They would pay the price and pay it gladly, for the sake of the Empire.

And yet, as she stared at the rogue Toa and Inzu's limp form in his grip, Tazera found that she could not. She looked at Inzu and saw not a pawn on the board, but a woman she knew. Not only as a subordinate, but as a person. Not only her dedication to her duties and her skills as a Menti, but also the cadence of her humour, the sound of her laugh. She knew Inzu would have had no qualms risking her life to defend the fleet, but this was not the same. The choice was not Inzu's, but hers. She asked herself if she could make that choice...and knew the answer.

And in that moment Tazera knew she had been beaten.

She struggled to loosen a jaw clenched tight. Her throat felt dry.

"I will...relay...your demands," she managed in a half-choked voice, slow and halting, "...to my superiors."

She raised a hand to her temple, as much to quell the pounding in her head as to focus her Ideatalk.

Forgive me, Aya.

The Lieutenant concentrated, and sent her words across the mental plane once more.

:Commodore...: Though strong enough to reach Ayiwah on the dock, Tazera's mental transmission was unmistakably shaky, carrying flickers of anger, fear and shame despite her best efforts to suppress them. :The intruder has...taken Dastana Inzu hostage. He is demanding the Ryuu. In return for her life.:

IC

The decks of the Yukanna were a flurry of movement. With the Chiisai Ryuu now chained to the warship and held at surface-level, the Navy had restored access to and from the submersible. Koso had met Aeragot on his way from the bridge and escorted the Toa to the now-open hatch, just in time to see a number of Menti rappelling down from the Yukanna to secure the sub. At their head was a purple-armoured male, emerald cape and haori rippling behind him as he dropped ropeless. His fall was slowed at the last moment by an unseen force.

Even as their feet hit the crystal hull, Lieutenant Tazera's voice echoed through the mental plane. It was only one word — :WAIT!: — but it was laced with desperate urgency. While the other Menti were still exchanging glances, the purple-armoured male was already disappearing through the hatch.

OOC: @Razgriz @Vezok's Friend @oncertainty @Umbraline Yumiwa

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 8

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: [Rhow - The Great Takea]

Rhow eyed frowned deeply at the open sides to the Takea now. She had opened the bar so they could all see a bit more about what was happening outside, dragons and submarine and all. Instead they got torrential rain instead. 

The Skakdi was pulled out of her brooding by someone loudly mentioning something about an emergency. She turned and saw Daijuno, helping another rather emaciated looking Dashi to the bar. That one was new.

It took a second for Rhow to replay what Diajuno had asked, then the skakdi replied, sounding incredulous: “Drink? That one’s barely standing as she is! No, no…”

She started to rummage around, grabbing a mug, pouring fresh water and put that down in front of the bar. She motioned for some other patrons to scoot, to make room for the two Dasaka. 

“This one needs some life back in her. Luckily, we got just the thing. Help her in the seat, be right back.”

With that, she disappeared into the kitchen. A few moments passed, before Rhow returned with a tray, complete with a steaming bowl of soup and bread on the side and placed it before the Dashi. It looked very tasty.

There, have at it.”

She figured this was going to be another meal that she’d have to comp. But today, somehow she didn’t mind that. She knew what it was like to get stranded somewhere new and strange. Least she could do was help take the edge off of that experience.

OOC: @Void Emissary

The Maru heard the cracking of wooden supports and tearing of leaves, but by the time her fever-addled mind processed what was happening, the hut was already collapsing and the foul Lesterin nowhere to be seen in the chaos. Reflexively, she let herself drop back down into the pool, but the reaction had not been quite fast enough. She only saw a dark shape hit the water, then something struck her head and she saw stars as she drifted down to the seafloor.

Above the surface, back in the village, the intense rain started to slow, returning to a steady shower. The waves calmed again too.

Breathe.

It’s peaceful down here.

Breathe.

No noise, just quiet.

Breathe!

Gentle tides.

You do not have a Kaukau

Fish.

You. Need. To. Breathe!

With a jolt, Leah snapped back to consciousness. The burning sensation that spread from the side of her face to most of the right side of her body by now was only overshadowed by the burning sensation in her lungs. She was in rough shape. She looked around with wide eyes, orienting herself. A puffer fish was hanging in her field of vision, looking at her dumbly with oversized black orbs. She was drifting close to the bottom. Kicking with her legs, she shot up towards the surface, scaring the puffer away.

Breaching the waves, she sucked down several deep breaths. She blinked, looking at the floating village nearby. Her eyes had a hard time focusing.  The Maru called upon her power once more. At first she tried to focus on healing herself, but found she couldn’t reach that level of concentration in her current state. She really should see somebody. So instead she tried to get a current going that would carry her back towards the village. But it was weak. And she was feeling very, very tired.

Gotta…hang on.

OOC: Anybody wanna go fishing for a half-conscious Maru?

• Like 9

IC:

"Praggos!"

Krayn jabbed a finger in the direction of the Maru's position in the water a moment before she surfaced, albeit face down, having located the foreign entity in the water with a quick application of his element. He'd been prepared to go after her rather than whoever did this but Praggos could find her well enough now. That gave him a window, albeit small, to take a shot at the culprit. They had a head start, but Krayn had been running down suspects in a stranger village than this for a long time.

A jump took him off of the reinforced pad, touching down for the barest of moments on the water's surface before he pushed off again and fired the hook off of his right wrist. There was no purchase quite so convenient as a mast, but he had an advantage; yanking his wrist aside at the last moment introduced enough of an arc to wrap it around the support of the tallest hut ahead. Up and away it pulled, onto his chosen perch but here he ran into a problem. Disentangling the line to free up his hand would take too long. The suspect, the only one fleeing at such a rapid pace, would get away before he had time to get a look. As it was he still would get away, but-

He raised his left arm, ignoring the spike of pain through his shoulder, and yanked the package off of his back. His right pulled away the cloth covering, casting it aside with haste, while his left found the grip and his eye the scope. He had moments. He could see the suspect, and that was critical; every detail he committed to memory, through long practice. But he wasn't idle. His right hand was stuck near the hut's edge, but he had enough play to reach his belt. A press with his thumb, an audible click, sent a diskette into the air. At just the right angle, with a tilt of his wrist, to drop into the receiver and fall into place.

Pulling the trigger hurt when the rifle kicked. But not as much as the razor-edged diskette heading for the back of the fleeing Lesterin's knee would when it hit, a few seconds later.

@otter@Vezok's Friend@Goose

• Like 7

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

For the briefest of moments the Lesterin, her head crest and slightly odd armor tones indicative of her heritage upon closer inspection, seemed somewhat confused at the icy Toa's proposition. Though her look of confusion seemed to be more from the fact that Makua was in fact not another barrel of supplies than the particulars of his offer.

"We are," She stated as her Rau shifted from confusion to understanding, giving a small nod, "Headed to Ostia, that is. You'll have to talk to the quartermaster for specifics on paying for a ride, but I can take you over once all the supplies make it here."

"Fair warning, we're not exactly sailing a direct route. We'll be headed south along the island, stopping down in Ta-Koro before making the journey around Le-Wahi. You might be better served taking a ferry if you just want to make to Ostia."

OOC: @Emzee

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Ga-Koro Markets)

Pain. Pain the likes of which he hadn't experienced since he was merely a man. The Lesterin hissed, and glanced over his shoulder – the Toa had found allies.

It appeared he had escaped in the nick of time.

The diskette made him stumble, nearly throwing him off balance, but his momentum kept him moving forwards. He'd have time to rest, to heal, once he was safe.

Heh. To heal.

How ironic.

OOC: ??? to Le-Wahi. A big thank you to @Vezok's Friend for this collaboration, and to @Krayzikk for reverse-kneecaping my guy.

Edited by Goose
  • Like 6

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Long Dihunai [Ga-Koro, Docks]

On the docks adjacent to the Yukanna and Chiisai Ryuu, a Menti watched. She kept an eye on the new arrivals on the dock, but equally glanced towards the growing activity aboard the two ships. It was evident from all her senses on both planes that something very wrong was still afoot inside of the Ryuu. Like Sighteyes, imperials projected an illusion of control that the average Dasaskan would be lulled into believing. Doubly so for the navy. Triply so for such a technological marvel as the Ryuu.

This belief of power was being challenged by locals who, like the Tajaar, saw through the cracks of this illusion.  The Ryuu's greatest defense was its image; no imperial would be foolish enough to think they could take control of such a vessel.

That forced Dihunai to ask herself: if a team of commandos were dismantling that image, would it be a bad thing?

Maybe this was the wakeup call the fleet needed to go beyond the bureaucracy of governance and deep-seated tribal rivalries. Exploiting the empire's weaknesses revealed them to all - as a teacher, Dihunai knew much could be learned from these mistakes. Whether they would be the right lessons or not remained to be seen. The last thing Dihunai needed was a crackdown. She was already wary of her tenuous connection to the Rora - such an incident might bring a closer eye to anyone going outside of official channels.

As a preparatory measure, Dihunai slowly strolled across the dock from the building she had been leaning against to the edge off the water, near where Yumiwa was working, but not close enough to risk breaking the ruse the Rora was playing.

Dihunai had taken a great risk to infiltrate the queen's circles, and only was now beginning to see results. For some reason, Dihunai had a feeling that the fate of this submarine would continue to change their relationship more than it already had. How it did so was beyond her, and so she silently cursed her shortsightedness.

The impatient Menti watched a purple Dasaka enter the ship. Perhaps he would bring it under control.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

"Wait, don't—!"

It was useless, of course, he was already off. I couldn't blame him for it, either, as much as I'd rather him and Skyra both hang back rather than diving into the middle of things; it wasn't something either would be capable of doing. As he jumped off and fired his grappling hook, I dove into the water, kicking hard to cover the distance over to Leah as quickly as possible. Luckily, as challenged as my knee made me on land, I had less trouble in water. The lack of worry about stepping wrong and completely falling always helped with that.

As for lifesaving, however, that had never exactly been my strong suit, outside of the medical side of things. I knew the basic gist of maneuvers and all, and without the aid of any sort of rescue device I'd just have to hope she was as tired as she looked and wouldn't start fighting me as I started dragging her to shore. That might get dicey.

Coming up behind her, I wrapped my arms under hers, grabbing at her shoulders and quickly flipping us over onto our backs to keep her head up from the water. In the interest of covering the distance back to the lilypads in a speedier fashion, I shifted my grip to wrap across her torso, holding her head up and stroking with my free arm and kicking to tread water as quickly as possible. "Not to worry, Leah," I tried to reassure her, assuming she was still conscious enough to even notice. "We'll have you back out of the water in no time."

No time, of course, was a blatant lie—would that I could teleport for situations such as these—but it was better than saying anything that might make her start to struggle or panic. At least she was breathing, which was a good sign.

Once I reached the side of one of the lilypads, I heaved myself up, grunting as I pulled Leah up alongside me before quickly setting her on her side in a recovery position, kneeling down by her head. "Still with me, Maru?" I asked, getting down to look into her eyes. Open on their own, but clearly struggling to properly focus on anything in her field of view.

Karzahni. Another one.

I started to slowly wave one finger in front of her face, watching her eyes carefully. "Can you follow my finger, Leah? Could you blink for me?"

Why it's always brain trauma, minor or major, I'll never know.

OOC: @Krayzikk@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

profiles i guess

IC: [Leah Maru - Ga-Koro]

The response to Praggos' question was the Toa’s hand coming up and grabbing weakly onto his wrist to stop him from wagging his finger in her face. So not quite a concussion. Her vision was blurry and she blinked a lot - but she wasn’t seeing double. Her breathing was quick and shallower than it should have been, but she did manage to weakly say:

“Fever…poisoned…get me to…Cael. Don’t let him…touch you.”

She then started to move, straining, pushing against the ground to get herself back upright - with little success. 

OOC: @otter

• Like 4

IC: Skyra and Karoru - The Fowadi -

Karoru took her time examining the ship as Skyra led the way.

Well… 
Actually it would be more accurate to say that Karoru dawdled behind Skyra. 

It was just that there were so many new people, and she was scared that each one could be one misstep away from becoming a total calamity. Anxiously, she looked to the green-armored warrior. "S-so… Who should we talk to first? Or maybe there's a part of the ship you could show me?" 
Karoru winced at how plainly her anxiety bled into her voice. She hoped Skyra hadn't noticed.

As Karoru spoke I was watching Destiny land in the pens ahead of us, I turned to look at the Menti. "Say…"

Karoru turned to face the Le-Toa. "Huh? Oh, um, sorry, I mean yes?"

"...you ever seen a Kahu before? Wanna take a closer look?"

Karoru shook her head at the first part, but to the second she hesitantly responded "...sure. What… exactly is a Kahu?"

Destiny squawked as if in response, looking in our direction. "Well she is a Kahu." I pointed at Destiny. "Her name is Destiny, I raised her since she hatched." 

The Menti Carefully looked the large creature over. She appeared to be… a bird of some kind. But far, far larger than anything they had in the Archipelago. "A dragon…" she said to herself, not quite as softly as she had meant to. 
Blushing, she turned back to Skyra. "I-I mean, sh-she looks as big as one! I bet you could ride a rahi of that size, with enough training."

I grinned at her. "And I do!" I stated proudly. "You wanna go for a ride?" Destiny nudged me with her beak as we approached, it seemed she was up for it.

Karoru's eyes went wide. Not with fear, but excitement. "YES! I mean… er… c-can I? I… r-really?"
Flying across the island, high as a flitting sparrow. Higher, maybe even. This was the opportunity of a lifetime, how could she ever say no?

I leaped up onto Destiny, getting my legs around the saddle before offering my hand to Karoru. "Of course, this is how we get around in Le-koro." 

"Oh! Well, if it is so common a practice, I…o-oh…"
Skyra's hand was there, an open invitation. Cheeks flushed purple beneath her glassy Kanohi, Karoru flusteredly accepted the hand up and…
…tried very hard not to focus on how close she was to Skyra on the Kahu's back.

I made sure Karoru was firmly on Destiny before looking forward. "Alrighty, hold on tight. Let's go, Destiny!" Destiny let out a cry before spreading her wings out, the tips of which began to glow as Destiny suddenly took off towards the sky. In no time the Fowadi was far below us as we began to fly over the bay towards Ga-koro.

Karoru had lived her life on the ground. She'd come to expect it to be there, like a familiar friend. Robbed of this now, her reaction was understandable.

"WOAHOOOOOOO!" the Menti whooped as the pair launched into the air. Her heart was thrumming in her chest, the wind making almost flutelike notes as it whistled off of the spires and hollows of her ornate crystal armor. A giddy grin was pasted on her features as she held on tight. 

I grinned at Karoru's reaction, she seemed to be enjoying herself. I couldn't not blame her, my first time flying had been thrilling as well, and it still was. 

Destiny began to circle around as I took a curious look down below at the bay and Ga-koro itself. I saw what appeared to be rain and erratic moving water, all concentrated in a small area of Ga-koro. We were flying too high to really make out what was going on however.

"Something weird is going on down there…" I gave Destiny a small tug and she began to descend slowly towards the koro. "...let's get a closer look." 

Karoru, roused from her revelry, looked down to where Skyra had indicated. They were momentarily baffled by the microcosm of weather they were witnessing, before looking back to their friend. 

"Can folks like you that control wind do something like that with the weather?" she asked, shouting to be heard above the wind.

I shook my head. “That’s the work of a Toa of Water, like Leah.” I could indirectly affect water using the air, but that was like saying someone slapping water with their hands was affecting it. As we descended the rain and water began to calm down, and what I saw alarmed me greatly. 

There was visible destruction of a hut. Additionally, I spotted what appeared to be Krayn. I didn’t have to think too hard to put two and two together, something serious had gone down. I directed Destiny to fly towards the scene, as I looked back at Karoru. 

“Okay, so I’m going to jump. I need to get down there fast.” 

"JUMP?" yelped Karoru, her heartlight doing its best to jackhammer into her skull. "Are you mad? You won't need a burial jumping at this height!"

I laughed. “Don’t worry, I do this all the time, trust me.” I pulled my legs up as I began to stand on top of Destiny, ready to spring myself off. “Destiny will find a place to land, but in the meantime!” 

I jumped off as we flew over, already using my elemental power to guide me towards the spot I was aiming for. The wind blew against me and began to slow my fall. 

Karoru would be very impressed by the feat of both acrobatic and elemental prowess, once her mind began working again.
Fortunately, Destiny's many years knowledge of the island led to her lighting down in a clear area.

All thought of optics left her mind. If Skyra was running into danger, she would not be going in alone. 

The smell of ozone filled the air as Karoru's massive, cleaver-like sword blazed to life in her hands. At the same time, a slight magenta glow touched her mask.

For a moment, she stood there, fiercely imposing with the light of her soulsword glinting off of her crystalline armor.

Then, with a gusting noise, the Menti launched forward like a shell from a canon, aimed straight for the source of trouble.

When she spotted Skyra, Karoru weaved and dodged until she materialized, barely showing sign of her sprint, next to the Le-Toa.

The winds slowed my fall till my feet hit the ground, which I quickly turned into a roll before ending up on my two feet once again. I had landed within sight of Krayn, no doubt the Toa of Sonics had heard me land if he hadn’t already noticed us flying around on Destiny before. Karoru was suddenly behind me thanks to her mask power, and I noticed she had what appeared to be a crazy looking sword that glowed. 

I didn’t have time to ask her about it as I ran towards the other Toa. “Krayn! What the heck happened here?” 

OOC: Jam between me and @Lady Takanuva

@Krayzikk@Vezok's Friend @otter

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kanohi - Ga-Wahi - Ga-Koro

The masked Fe-Matoran suddenly stumbled, his heartlight dilating as he heard a name he had not heard in ages. Lekua, here? And could that voice be, Nichou? He … he had gotten a vision of Nichou in Ga-Koro, but that seemed like almost a year ago. To be here, with two of the companions…

What if they identified him? And with the three of them here, then Aurax in the latest vision might not be a metaphor. This might be about their fallen better. But Dece can’t say that, he … he can’t face Nichou and Lekua, he could not stand before them exposed. Kanohi could stand, but if they identified him…

He could not mention his visions to them. He could not bring up seeing Aurax. He … he was not sure if they knew Dece had visions, but if they did, he could be outed instantly. And then others would come.

He clicked his bracelet, trying to destress. He did not pray to Mata-Nui much, but he plead with the god of Matoran that Nichou and Lekua could not see the traces of Dece beneath his masks. He needed to be this mysterious vigilante.

Kanohi’s hands were shaky as he wrote something down. “Lekua? The name is familiar, I heard it before I think.” He paused artificially, to try to seem like he was lost in thought. He continued, “Weren’t you a precursor to the Wanderer’s Company? Perhaps a hero like you could help track this Lesterin down. The parasite he inflicted a Gukko with seemed unnatural, maybe the work of a follower of the Makuta. It puppeted the bird likes marionette, Hakari fought it so she may know more.

It wasn’t lies, but it was less of the truth than he wanted to tell the Companions. His circles were a bit more sloppy than usual, though hopefully it was not too noticeable. Hopefully his masks would not only cloak his optics, but his flashing heartlight.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC:

Probably both, if I was being entirely honest. The wreckage of the hut wasn't hard to notice. However, in that short exchange she satisfied any worry I had that any head trauma she had sustained was relatively minor, so I could focus on the rest. Poison. It wasn't unbelievable, given the glimpse I'd gotten at who she'd been fighting. Without knowledge of the specific poison, I had no way of knowing if it was one I could truly cure with my mask, but it wasn't for my simple knowledge of anatomy and how to stitch it back together that I'd been chosen to wear that cursed mark.

"Relax," I bid her, shaking my hand free just to grab her so that she didn't flop over or end up hitting her head again. General weakness, labored breathing, struggling to focus. I placed one hand on her forehead, feeling the fever that had rapidly grown, and that was when I noticed the cuts on her cheek. Sickly and inflamed, almost as if they'd passed into the deepest stages of infection in moments.

Karzahni.

There were multiple poisons that could do that, I imagined, but from years living under Makuta's shadow—and knowing what we did that he was back—it didn't take much effort for me to guess at its ultimate source. My mask started to glow immediately, tracking the route of the poison through her bloodstream as I kept the symptoms in mind. Slowing the progress as much as I could, but as little as I liked to admit it, I didn't yet have the capability to heal this alone.

Good thing I planned to get to Cael anyways.

Leah's breathing began to deepen and slow, some measure of strength returning to her limbs as I worked. I could feel the fever drop, as well, though not nearly as much as I'd like. I could hear Skyra nearby, calling out to Krayn, and before he could even respond I jumped in: "No time, Skyra!"

I looked up, the glow diminishing as I started to help Leah to her feet. "Take Leah, take Destiny, and get her to Cael's place as fast as possible. Central plaza, larger hut, has a sign, you can't miss it. I'll meet you there." I passed the injured Maru over to Skyra, turning to Krayn, and the new one. What was her name? Karoru, or something like that?

"Krayn, get news of this to Hahli, or at least to her secretary or aide or whoever she has there, and then meet us at Cael's. Karoru—" I really hoped I had the name right.

"Go inform Dehkaz or Kale of what we're doing, whichever you get to first."

All that said, after waiting a moment for acknowledgement, I turned and started making my way in towards Cael's place.

OOC: @Snelly@Krayzikk@Vezok's Friend@Lady Takanuva

• Like 3

profiles i guess

The Toa was still feeling rather out of it, although Praggos had provided some much-needed relief. She wanted to say thanks, but just managed to pat him on the forearm once as she was passed from him to the next person. With effort, she turned her head and blinked to bring the new face into focus.

Miss Daring…back so soon?” she mumbled, almost sounding amused.

OOC: @otter@Snelly@Krayzikk@Lady Takanuva

• Like 3

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro (Outside Great Takea)

Now that they were outside, Nale felt like she could suddenly breathe again. No one seemed to want to acknowledge the dragon, still, but she was certain her grip on reality was quite strong. The sound of crashing waves and the outdoor hustle and bustle confirmed it and was welcome after trying to crowd everyone inside the Takea. Although those waves sounded a bit louder than usual…

For now, she simply watched the others converse. The other Kakama-wearer, though. The Onu-Matoran. Something about him interested her. Nale looked at him for a long moment before realizing she had been staring. She turned her head away—hopefully he hadn’t noticed.

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @BULiK @Lady Takanuva @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa 

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)