BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

IC: Narah, Ga-Koro

Narah, who had been letting the conversation eventuate around her for a while, took notice of Kanohi's discomfort as he wrote. Concern wormed its way into her mind at the way he toyed with a string of beads and shook so hard his intricately-carved armor rattled like stones in an earthquake. 

Taking a step forward, she softly asked "Is everything all right, friend? If this exchange is troubling you, I do not think anybody here would like to force you past the point of comfort." 

@ARROW404 @Snelly @Rahisaurus @Harvali @~Xemnas~ @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel

IC: Karoru

The Menti's breath caught in her throat. Her blade began guttering like a candle flame in the wind.

The Dasa- no… Toa? The Toa lay there, breath ragged and halting. 

Suddenly Karoru was not on the beach anymore. She was hundreds of miles away, in the chambers of Her Ladyship. 

Shaking the willowy Dasaka's shoulders violently, almost physically unable to look back down at the scorched hole punched through her delicate, satin nightgown. At the blood staining the sheets a metallic rose. The hot tears raining down upon her lovely, cooling face.

Karoru's response owed itself to a lifetime's regimented training rather than any conscious thought. 

She had to get back to the ship. Had to bring word. 

Strong, clear orders. Karoru's flickering sword evaporated in a puff of flame as she launched herself the way they had come, dodging and weaving like a fly across a field of flowers.

When she found the figure of Dehkaz, she slammed to a stop before him.

"Sir. A Toa, Leah, is down in the harbor. Miss Skyra is taking her to… K-Kael's home. Told me to get you. Orders, sir?"

The Menti was shaking, eyes looking almost glazed, but she was still determined that her own emotions would not prevent her from saving a life this time.

@otter @sunflower @Snelly

• Like 6

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Ember - The Fowadi

She could feel the deck shuddering beneath her feet as the larger figure trundled up behind Rynekk - the same one she had met hours earlier before retiring to her cabin for the night, having stumbled upon the hulking figure grabbing some shuteye in the ship’s hold during a self-guided tour. They’d exchanged a few words, but nothing more than pleasantries. It was clear there was a lot more to the ship - in terms of both construction and crew - that she’d need to familiarize herself with.

“Ah, Toa Brukin, nice t’ see ye up and about. Seemed ye were a hull apart from keelhaulin’ last I saw.”

OOC: @Krayzikk @Void Emissary

• Like 3

IC: Hakari - Ga-koro - Outside Great Takea -

Hakari looked at Kanohi with concern, he seemed very stressed for some reason. She'd been traveling with him long enough to see the signs. The way he clicked his bracelet, and even how he was currently writing with his shaky hands.

"Are you alright Kanohi?" 

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus 

IC: Skyra Daring - Ga-koro -

"You got it." 

At Praggos' order I simply accepted Leah from him, letting her rest against me as I started guiding her over to Destiny. I was no doctor like Praggos, but I could tell when someone was seriously hurt, those scratches were festering. Was it some sort of poison? I wasn't sure. I couldn't help but crack a small smile however when Leah cracked a joke despite everything.

"Yeah I know, just can't get rid of me." I gave a quick whistle as we approached Destiny, the Kahu immediately lowered herself to make it easier for me to help Leah aboard. 

You never really had time to think when in situations like this, and the only thing really on my mind at that moment was getting Leah to Cael. I made sure the Toa Maru was secure before I got on Destiny myself. 

"Try to stay conscious for me, alright?" That's all I could really ask of Leah as Destiny began to take off towards the Central Plaza. 

@Krayzikk @otter @Vezok's Friend 

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Yeah," Krayn acknowledged through gritted teeth, closing his eyes to ignore the pain still radiating from where the rifle pushed against his shoulder. The thing— he wasn't totally sure it was a Lesterin— was long gone to Le-Wahi. He'd laid out a Maru and made good his escape, but he'd taken that hit in the leg; the red he saw through the scope wasn't entirely from his shoulder. The thing bled. That was good. But that meant it wouldn't be back soon, either. He could take a minute before he went to the authorities. "I'll get right on that."

The breath he'd been holding eased out slowly, and he set his rifle down carefully and deliberately so it didn't slide away. Unwinding the line he had secured himself with one-handed was a little tricky, but it gave him a moment to take a couple of deep breaths and readjust the new dials by his ear. He'd wanted to talk to the Maru— though Leah hadn't really been his first choice— but this wasn't the opportunity he'd had in mind. But before he went to speak with anyone he had something he needed to do. He noted the position he'd last seen the assailant, fixed the direction in his mind, and dropped off of the roof. It had been a long while since he was in Ga-Koro but agriculture was one of its biggest exports; and with plants came medicine, and with medicine apothecaries. They weren't quite one a lily-pad but they were close.

The poor herbalist was still hiding under the counter when he stepped inside, hands raised and voice soothing, to collect a stoppered glass jar. Tracing the assailant's retreat towards where his diskette had connected didn't take long, and thankfully a fight like that had everyone wisely staying sheltered. For a few moments longer, at least. Leah said she'd been poisoned and the thing that did it didn't look healthy.

Which meant the blood here on the ground could both be important, and hazardous to leave where it was.

He cut carefully around the spatter with his knife until he could remove the section of lily-pad from its surroundings. Vibrating it just right to coax it all into the jar was a little trickier, but not time consuming. Krayn didn't relax until it was safely stoppered.

It's always something new.

IC:

"Brukin," The monolith said to Rynekk, inclining his head to indicate Ember's role in supplying his name. His voice came out deep and slightly reverberating the way it bounced around his metal enclosure before it emerged. "I came aboard at the same time as Four. Just before you all left for Ko-Koro. There hasn't been much chance to speak since, has there?"

Though his face was unseen, his tone seemed to indicate a wry smile.

"I thought I would come with you. No offense, ma'am," He nodded to Ember again. "But I can lift a good bit more in the way of supplies than you or you, sir. I haven't been off the Fowadi since refits began. I might as well be of some help."

@Void Emissary@Perp

• Like 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dehkaz [Naho Bay, Fowadi]

The Toa of Magnetism turned, his attention drawn to the blurred form that rushed up to the deck of the ironclad, before resolving itself to the recognizable form of none other than the Dasakan warrior Karoru. Her tone was shaky, but resolute in a way that he'd heard plenty of times before. Her discipline was heartening, but her words were worrying. Leah...? It had scarcely been an hour or so since he had last been talking to the Maru of Water, the fact that something dire had happened in so short a time was intensely worrying.

"I'll head over," Dehkaz stated, "Follow if you're up for it, Karoru."

With that the Captain raised an armored fist, the faint azure glow of his elemental power gathering around it, before punching downward towards the deck beneath him. An instant later he was catapulted upward but an unseen force, accelerating into the air in a shallow arc that carried him nearly the entire length of the bay towards the dockside once more. His momentum slowed as he neared the village, hands splayed on either side as he maintained the field which kept him suspended in the sky. Leah's blue armor would've been nearly impossible to pick out amongst the population of the Koro, but Praggo's brilliantly white wear caught his attention nearly immediately. A push from his power, and he was moving downward in the Toa of Ice's direction, landing in a jog next to him.

"What happened? Karoru sounded shaken up, Leah in one piece?"

OOC: @Lady Takanuva @otter

• Like 4

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Daijuno & Zyla | The Great Takea

Zyla watched Daijuno slam a handful of metal pieces onto the counter, unable not to marvel at how casually she treated a substance worth twice her weight in dragons back home. That was, of course, until she looked down at the bowl of soup being pushed towards her, and the metal spoon dipped into it. For a moment, Zyla was sure she must have been hallucinating, that she had died at sea and had found her way into the bronze gardens of Zuto Nui. She would have pinched herself if she had had the energy. The best that she could manage, though, was to begin draining the bowl in front of her.

"Calm down, Zy," Daijuno said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You're gonna make yourself sick!"

Which was true, Zyla knew -- but it still took her another few spoonfuls to stop. It didn't matter how hot the brew was, nor even that she couldn't identify any of the flavours in it. In that moment, it was the most delicious meal that she had ever been graced with. Slowly, with a gasp of pure relief, she lowered her spoon and looked up at the bartender--

"AHHHH!"

--and fell off her stool.

"Oh, right," she heard Daijuno say with a sigh. "Sorry, Rhow. The only Skakdi she's ever known were the Chaotic Six. Calm down, Zyla, you're being extremely racist right now. That's actually a faux pas around here."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

-Void

• Like 6

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Pardon the rust… it’s been a while.

IC:

Ripples travel farther than the thrown stone could ever guess: Cael knew something was wrong long before the party got to her door.

She’d sensed the waters moving from halfway across the village. Her mind outlined the shape of the tidal wave that arched over the bay like it was caught in time. Of course it was Leah—who else but a Maru could wield the elements like that? Though she’d witnessed the First Toa’s successors in action before, Cael still found herself in awe. It was hard to connect such feats to Toa like herself, mere creatures of steel and bone. It felt more like the wild elements themselves had come to life. 

And they never stirred idly.

So when Destiny wheeled down out of the sky with her precious cargo, the Kahu’s landing so steep and fast that her talons dug ragged tracks into Central Plaza’s lily-pad, Cael was already walking out the door. Her golden eyes snapped from the Kahu to Skyra to Praggos, who was just rounding the far corner of the plaza at not much less than a dead run. Her mouth tightened. Praggos was a fine healer by anyone’s measure. If he needed her help, this was worse than she’d thought.

A few hurried steps brought her close enough to see the being lying across Destiny’s back. Her heart clenched, and she suddenly understood the worry she saw in Skyra’s eyes (and she had never known the Toa of air to worry about anything). It was Leah, and she was in bad shape. The healer’s experienced eyes took in minute details at a glance. The gashes on Leah’s cheek, inflamed and oozing. Flushed skin. Laboured breathing. A fever, gauged by placing her cool palm on the Toa Maru’s forehead. Eyes half-focused under fluttering lids.

“Let’s get her inside,” Cael said to Skyra, already moving to pick up Leah’s legs. The stronger Toa of air could take Leah’s upper body. “There’s a cot just past the door.”

She inclined her face to Praggos, who had just arrived with his companion, and didn’t waste words on pleasantries.

“What happened?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @otter @sunflower

• Like 11

IC:

"Tell you in a moment," I replied to Dehkaz as he landed next to me. I didn't really have the breath to spare while I was trying to keep pace with a flying bird. Ignoring the shooting pains in my knee—no matter how much I'd tell Krayn he shouldn't ignore the pains in his shoulder, don't judge me, my knee has been like this far longer—I reached out, grabbing at a post to keep from tumbling over as I rounded the corner as quickly as I could, Cael already out and in sight. I picked up the pace, catching the door to her hut before it even had the chance to swing closed.

"Poison. From what I saw, the one that gave it to her looked like if an infected mask grew limbs, and that festering looks like it could've come from a Rahkshi, not a person." No doubt she'd quickly piece together what the rest of us had been picking up for weeks beforehand, even before we had gotten outright confirmation that Makuta was back. A random infected-looking being in the village, poison strong enough even to put one of the Maru in such a state...it didn't bode well, all things considered.

Worse yet, if it was anything like Rahkshi poison, the group of us were about to have a draining time trying to cure the Maru. Hopefully Krayn would burst through the door in a few seconds and alleviate a bit of it. "Cael, you're taking the lead on this. This is moving too quickly to waste time with our masks trying to figure it out. Skyra, Dehkaz, we're giving her the strength to get it done. Krayn'll figure it out when he gets here." I'd have offered to help carry Leah, but after the jog to Cael's home and the exposition I gave her, I was feeling more than a little lightheaded.

Once I had, though, I quickly took the spot opposite Cael, leaving space for Skyra and Dehkaz—even Krayn and Karoru, for when the first made it by and if the second was even able to help—to surround Leah. "When you're ready."

OOC: @Snelly@Krayzikk@Lady Takanuva@sunflower@Eyru@Vezok's Friend

• Like 6

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

[IC Timak, Ga-Koro]

Timak looked around at the group, bemused. There seemed to be a few different conversations happening at once, none of which they understood. Added to the fact the weather had been doing weird things, made the novice Toa a little fidgety, eager to move on.

"So, uh.. you all seem to know each other, huh? That's a pretty weird coincidence." They looked down at the strange mis-matched collection of kanohi and colours. "But, I guess we have bigger mysteries to solve. Such as, where to even find this creepy .. Lesterin? What even is a Lesterin? ... and what are we gonna even do when or if we do find them."

They thought for a moment, then looked to Eita specifically.

"Hey, wait a minute, I thought you said we were gonna be looking for a special cactus?"

@~Xemnas~ @Harvali @BULiK @BBBBalta @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @Umbraline Yumiwa

• Like 1

IC: [Leah Maru - Ga-Koro markets]

The Maru gave Skyra a thumbs up in reply from where she was draped over Destiny’s saddle and patted the Kahu’s side.

“Good bird…”

The trip itself went by with a blur. Thankfully being airlifted wasn’t a new thing for the former Le-Matoran, so it didn’t worsen the feeling of nausea any. It was a weird sensation, the flight seemed to last a long time, but at the same time, she felt they’d barely taken off before she was being pulled off the bird again and moved around. There was the sound of flapping wings, footsteps and voices, the newest of which belonged to the welcome, albeit still out-of-focus, sight of Toa Cael, somewhere by her feet.

The Toa Maru did lift her head somewhat, to better look at the healer. 

“...hey Cael.” she managed. “Sorry…to drop in…unannounced. Ran into a really nasty…Lesterin.”

Then her strength waned again and her head fell back against Skyra. She heard Praggos again, explaining to the best of his abilities what her condition was. He got it mostly right, but she knew her element had been able to fight the rot. Combined with Cael’s vast healing knowledge and her control over her mask…she was sure they would figure it out, but the sooner they did the better. If she could help them understand faster, she had to try to communicate…

She raised her right arm to her chest, despite the discomfort and pain, placing her closed fist over her heartlight with a soft groan, and tried to summon what purifying power she could with her element. Thankfully Praggos’ brief first aid let her do just enough to feel a tiny amount of relief - but more importantly, let Cael see what she was trying to do, but lacked focus for.

Purity…clear…poison…” she grunted through gritted teeth.

OOC: @otter@Eyru@Krayzikk@sunflower@Snelly@Lady Takanuva

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Sorry about that one, friend," Rynekk replied, turning to face Brukin head-on with an embarrassed smile. "I haven't been aboard since those same retrofits. Guess it's a case of ships passing in the night, eh? If you'll excuse the pun."

From the corner of his eye, Rynekk could Dehkaz shoot himself off the Fowadi and back towards Ga-Koro proper. He wasn't blind: he had seen the waves and the storm clouds as clear as anyone else could have, and something about it didn't sit right with him. But he knew that someone would have alerted him if his presence was needed down there... Krayn or Kale or, Karz, even Skyra would have let him know.

Unless they've forgotten about you.

"Well, no time to lose," Rynekk said, his smile growing more confident now. "I know that the Captain instructed us to head back to Ostia for supplies, but I figure that we can find all we need down in Ga-Koro, wouldn't you? And, uh...."

He glanced back over to where the storm clouds were parting again, and where the vineyard-streets no longer heaved above a violent tide.

"...let's just keep our eyes peeled for trouble. Just in case."

OOC: @Perp@Krayzikk

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Karoru- on the brink

Karoru, now visibly out of breath after her prodigious exertions, tailed Dehkaz to the specified hut. 

She… tried not to fret. Not to get in the way. 

She stared at Leah, watching the Toa fight tooth and claw for her life as the others desperately tried to cleanse her wounds.

Karoru gritted her teeth behind her mask. For all her strength, her armor, her skill… there were some dangers she could not be a shield for. Poisons, illness. The thin blade of an assassin. Here, she felt… powerless. She wanted to run over, to grasp this stranger's hand, to… somehow pour some of her fighting spirit into her. To keep her safe.

That was who she was. That was what she existed for.

…but she was also held still, rooted to the spot by years of screamed orders, countless hours of duty and, shamefully, the trauma still beating against the back of her mind like a metronome.

For a time she just stood there, watching the others, until her genuine concern and shaking, all-consuming anxiety overrode her guard's conditioning.

"I…i-is there anything I can do?" she asked. There had to be something. Anything was better than this waking nightmare of paralysis and fear.

OOC: @Snelly @otter @sunflower @Eyru @Krayzikk @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC:

Poison. Infected. Rahkshi.

The words hung heavy in the air like a foul miasma, seeming to momentarily dim the interior of the hut. Cael tried to shrug them off as she heaved Leah’s body onto the cot, the Toa Maru summoning enough effort to mumble a hello and her best effort at a quip. The healer squeezed her patient’s hand as she tried to form a plan of action out of the information she’d been given.

The mask of healing was often half-mythologized as a mask of miracles, but Cael knew well enough that there were some things far beyond its power. She’d spent long years probing its limits and testing the boundaries between what could and couldn’t be made whole. The key factor was the user’s knowledge of the injury and what needed to happen for it to heal. That’s why the best healers supplemented the mask with the study of medicine. Your average Toa could heal a bruise or a cut, but it took a deeper knowledge of anatomy to set bones or reverse internal injuries.

"I…i-is there anything I can do?"

A voice broke Cael’s train of thought. She turned to see it was one of the strangers from the far land —a Dasaka. She’d met several of their kind over the last few months. They were a proud, strong people, strangely similar to her own race, yet just different enough to be intriguing. What she wouldn’t give for a formal study comparing the two…

“Stoke the fire,” she said, pointing to the fireplace in one corner of the room. “And get that water boiling. There’s bandages in the cupboard we’ll need sterilized.”

Cael returned to the problem at hand: the mysterious poison. There was only so much she could do without knowing exactly what the poison was and how it worked. She had a fairly thorough knowledge of the toxins produced by local flora and fauna: some toxins attacked living tissue, causing internal bleeding; others caused muscles to spasm painfully or lock up. But she’d never seen one like this, which appeared to rapidly bring on a dangerous infection. She could heal the infected tissue and try to bring down Leah’s fever, but without knowing exactly what harm this poison was effecting within her body, she couldn’t know how successful their efforts would be.

Still… they had to try. The little group had surrounded the cot by now: Praggos stood opposite her, and the remaining space was quickly filled by the others. Cael took a deep breath and reached down into the ocean, anchoring herself in the vastness of the water inches beneath her feet. The ocean diluted her apprehension; her concern dissolved into peace. A Maru she was not, but the water’s strength was still hers. She raised a hand, and then—

Leah raised her right arm to her chest and placed a closed fist over her heartlight. The physical action was accompanied by a surge of elemental energy that Cael instantly perceived, though it was far removed from the feats she had sensed earlier. It was less a wave than a ripple; it was less a wind than a breath. And yet, whatever it was Leah had done, it had done something right. It was the sparkling purity of a single dewdrop; it was the clean, cool air that follows a summer storm. The hut seemed brighter for a heartbeat.

“Purity…” Leah managed through gritted teeth. “Clear…poison…”

Cael waited for more, but the effort required to produce even those words was almost too much for Leah. So the healer looked up at Praggos, her eyes full of questions and her mind racing. What was Leah trying to say? And what she had done just now —she had done something elemental yet utterly alien to Cael, who had thought she knew just about everything water could do. Leah wouldn’t have done it without a purpose…

“Did you feel that?” she asked. “Could you see what she did?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Lady Takanuva @otter @sunflower @Snelly

• Like 9

IC:

"It's not my element, I couldn't tell you the first thing she did," I replied sharply, and quickly. "And I'm not inclined to take chances with one of the Maru. She may be able to do things we just can't, and I don't want to risk losing her while we try to flush this out and chase symptoms with our masks. Any poison that could bring her this far down, this quickly, might be entirely beyond us for the normal methods. We need something quick, and decisive, not to experiment!"

Mata Nui, in his infinite wisdom, had not seen fit to give me the ability to use the power that transformed me into a Toa to enact any healing—so far as I knew, only Toa of Water could do that. But I could at least offer some of it up, along with the others, so that Cael didn't drain herself entirely. I stretched my hand out over Leah, towards my fellow healer.

"Cael, please. We don't have forever."

OOC: @Eyru@Vezok's Friend@Snelly@Krayzikk@sunflower@Lady Takanuva

• Like 4

profiles i guess

IC: [Rhow - The Great Takea]

One of the skakdi’s muscular arms shot across the counter, getting a hold of the Dashi’s shoulder before she could fall completely to the floor. 

“S’alright.” Rhow grumbled, pulling Zyka back upright. “Yer alright.” 

She smirked. “Didn’t mean to scare ya, I know this smile ain’t doing it for everyone. But I’m no Piraka, and neither are most grinners you’re gonna meet here.”

OOC: @Void Emissary

IC: [Leah Maru - Weekend at Cael’s]

Leah squeezed her eyes shut briefly. How could she make them understand? The power was there, just out of her reach. But she couldn’t focus on it long enough to take hold of it. It was like crawling through the desert, dying of thirst -  while someone dangled a water skin right in front of her face. She needed the other’s help - and their Kanohi. Because stopping the rot was only half the battle. But she wasn’t out, not yet. Call it Maru perks or sheer stubbornness - she refused to quit.

While Praggos was looking imploringly at Cael, the Maru summoned her strength once more, lifted her hand away from her heartlight and seized Praggos' outstretched arm by the wrist and pulled it close. She turned her head to the left, trying to keep her eyes on him. 

Feel…” 

When she said that, she tried once more to tap into that elusive reservoir of cleansing energy. 

OOC: @otter@Eyru@Snelly@Krayzikk@sunflower@Lady Takanuva

• Like 5

IC: Skyra Daring - Not a Doctor -

Now I wasn't someone who would claim to know much about medical practice beyond basic first aid. I could bandage just about any wound just fine, but treating them was a different matter. I looked between Cael and Praggos as they discussed how to proceed. Though looking at Leah's current state I was kind of with Praggos on the idea of taking action ASAP before she got worse. 

Leah seemed to be trying to tell Praggos something, and I could only guess what that was. Something to do with a Toa of Water's ability to purify things? I knew healing was a secondary ability of sorts for Toa of Water. Why didn't Toa of Air have something cool like that? Perhaps we did and I just didn't know. 

There was one thing I could do for sure, lend my power. "Regardless of how we proceed here...you have my power at your disposal." I'd use every last drop I had if I needed to.

@otter @Lady Takanuva @Vezok's Friend @Eyru @Krayzikk @sunflower

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

On 6/3/2022 at 3:03 AM, BULiK said:

IC: Nichou [Ga-Koro, The Great Takea, Exterior]

IC: Lekua, Ga-Koro

Nichou? Holy s###.

“Nichou? Holy s###,” said Lekua. He saluted back and flashed his old friend a grin. “How long has it even been?” He genuinely didn’t know. “I’ve been, uh—” He glanced around at the crowd, then stepped closer and lowered his voice slightly.

“Been up and down, really. But hopefully up for now.” In his mind he still saw the rahkshi descending on Kentoku, still heard the screams of the Dasaka falling before them, and he tried his best to make that last bit sound convincing.

“We’ve got a lot of catching up to do. Not sure now is the best time, though.”

OOC: @BULiK etc

Edited by BBBBalta
  • Like 7

Q2TtLEz.png

On 6/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro (Outside Great Takea)

For now, she simply watched the others converse. The other Kakama-wearer, though. The Onu-Matoran. Something about him interested her. Nale looked at him for a long moment before realizing she had been staring. She turned her head away—hopefully he hadn’t noticed.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:10 PM, Rahisaurus said:

[IC Timak, Ga-Koro]

Timak looked around at the group, bemused. There seemed to be a few different conversations happening at once, none of which they understood. Added to the fact the weather had been doing weird things, made the novice Toa a little fidgety, eager to move on.

"So, uh.. you all seem to know each other, huh? That's a pretty weird coincidence." They looked down at the strange mis-matched collection of kanohi and colours. "But, I guess we have bigger mysteries to solve. Such as, where to even find this creepy .. Lesterin? What even is a Lesterin? ... and what are we gonna even do when or if we do find them."

They thought for a moment, then looked to Eita specifically.

"Hey, wait a minute, I thought you said we were gonna be looking for a special cactus?"

1 hour ago, BBBBalta said:

IC: Lekua, Ga-Koro

“Nichou? Holy s###,” said Lekua. He saluted back and flashed his old friend a grin. "How long has it even been? I’ve been, uh—” He glanced around at the crowd, then stepped closer and lowered his voice slightly.

“Been up and down, really. But hopefully up for now.”

“We’ve got a lot of catching up to do. Not sure now is the best time, though.”

IC: Nichou [Ga-Koro, Streets]

Nichou's attention span forced the Toa's voice to trail off as far as he was concerned - particularly after he began talking more to the nearby Dashi and orange-armored Matoran. The Onu-Matoran was focused on his old partner-in-justice, Lekua. The Le-Matoran acted as cheery as they came, but even despite how long it had been since they had seen each other and how much both of them had changed in the intervening years, it was clear to Nichou that a quiet intensity lurked beneath the pleasantries.

Was he in Ga-Koro on a mission? Hard to say. Nichou was sure Lekua would be more frank in a less public environment. The carpenter glanced around - the square was a mass of various people, it had become difficult to make out precisely where his own travelling partners were amongst the various intermingling groups. It looked as if Ranok was talking to an odd group of Matoran, Toa, and Lesterin, while Sigrus was... somewhere. Nichou noticed over Lekua's shoulder that the other Fa-Matoran quickly darted her gaze away as soon his own moved in her direction. Had she been staring at him? Perhaps a friend of Lekua's.

"I'd love to hear about it sometime," Nichou softly responded. "Got a story or two of my own. Finally got to talk with Stanman about the old days, among other things."

For all Nichou knew, Lekua had already done the same. He wasn't quite sure how nostalgic the Le-Koronan was; after all, he had been the most confident in his own leadership at the time. He probably had a few war stories of his own by now. Maybe the Gukko force called him back up for the siege of Ko-Koro? The types of jobs a pilot got were far more interesting than Nichou's own civil engineering exploits. At least, to most people.

In fact, it was probably the presence of the crystal fleet that brought him here too. Deliveries, sightseeing, transportation, intelligence gathering - as unfortunate as the situation was, the refugee crisis bred lots of opportunity. For better and worse.

"Sounds like you're in Ga on business instead of pleasure, though. That right?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On 6/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, sunflower said:

"We are," She stated as her Rau shifted from confusion to understanding, giving a small nod, "Headed to Ostia, that is. You'll have to talk to the quartermaster for specifics on paying for a ride, but I can take you over once all the supplies make it here."

"Fair warning, we're not exactly sailing a direct route. We'll be headed south along the island, stopping down in Ta-Koro before making the journey around Le-Wahi. You might be better served taking a ferry if you just want to make to Ostia."

OOC: @Emzee

IC: Makua — Ga-Koro, Southern docks

A trip `round the island? Makua had always considered such an adventure along the seas. Sure, he had visited every Wahi many times over with his various assignments, but that was always for work. Traveling to Ga-Koro for pleasure had been quiet an experience so far, what with returning dragons and crystal armored Matoran and Toa-like beings running around. Perhaps visiting the other villages in a similar context would be similarly interesting.

Very unlikely, but it was worth a shot. At the very least, he could get some more leads for future assignments once his vacation ended.

“That just sweetens the deal,” Makua said, “Sign me up once the quartermaster gets here — or better yet, I could go to them if they’re close by”

Makua briefly appeared to look around at anyone else who looked like they were part of the Fowadi crew.

“You might’ve noticed I don’t have the busiest of schedules today,” Makua added.

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Daijuno & Zyla | The Great Takea

"Piraka's what they call the Chaotic Six on this side of the Eternal Sea," I said. I had placed a hand on Zyla's shoulder, shooting a grateful look over to Rhow as I did -- she was already proving to be a woman worth her weight in salt, and this only settled it. Reflexively, I almost had Zyla make a note to pay the bartender back for her generosity, before I thought better of it. Instead, I gave my old assistant's shoulder a squeeze.

"It's a lot to take in," I added. "Especially on an empty stomach."

Zyla just looked back at me with those strange, empty eyes. I had never seen that before in her gaze -- she had always been bright, intuitive, with a twinkle in her eyes that the world couldn't snuff out, no matter how hard it tried. I had always respected that in her, even to the point of annoyance. By 'taka, it was one of the reasons I brought her on in the first place. To see her like this now.... I opened my mouth again, trying to fill the silence, but she was already turning to face Rhow.

"It was terribly impolite of me, my lady," she said, bowing her head, "and especially so in light of your generosity. My sincerest apologies."

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sentinel [Ga-Koro, Southern Docks]

The Lesterin raised a brow at the white-armored Toa's insistence, but shrugged nonetheless in acceptance.

"Well, uh, sure thing then in that case," She replied, before cracking what could nearly be described as a grin of it wasn't partially hidden behind the mask of professionalism she obvious was doing her best to uphold, "He is currently out on the ship, feel free to go talk to him directly, y'know-"

She jabbed a thumb in the direction of the armored ironclad sitting out in the bay.

"-if ya can make it there without me."

OOC: @Emzee

IC: Dehkaz [Ga-Koro, Cael's House]

Whatever theories and speculation his mind raced to produce in place of the information which Praggos had yet to provide as he kept pace besides the Toa of Ice were pushed to the wayside once the two had reached Cael’s abode. The subliminal catastrophizing which proceeded unchecked while his focus was set on tracking the Kahu just above them disappearing as he caught sight of Leah Maru.

She was in one piece, that much was clear as Skyra and Cael moved her from Destiny into the dwelling. A small relief, if nothing else the frantic urgency that had caught even the Dasakan warrior Karoru off guard spoke to there not being much of Leah left. It wasn't until the Captain stepped inside behind Praggos that the true extent of her injuries, and the severity of them, was apparent.

Before them, barely conscious and murmuring, lay the form of the Mata Nui-chosen protectors of the island. Her complexion–only a short time ago bright and determined in the face of all the grim realities which the island found itself in once more–was sickly and worryingly off-kilter in a way that wasn't helped by the erratic beat of her heartlight. It was far too reminiscent of someone just past the state of living for his liking. In spite of the myths and hearsay surrounding the Maru and their accomplishments, seeing Leah in such a precarious state was a pragmatic reminder of the mortality of even these living legends. The uneasy sense of the fragility of it all did not pass lightly.

Praggos spoke of poison and infected Kanohi, the mention drawing his attention to Leah's own Mask of Power; and the oozing gashes across her cheek as Dehkaz began to piece together just exactly what had transpired. A motion caught his eye a moment later as Praggos continued to converse with Cael as to their best course of action, and Dehkaz watched with a focused gaze as Leah appeared to gather what strength she could to clench a fist over her faintly pulsing heartlight. The inexplicable gesture confounded even the most outlandish explanations that he could come up with for exactly what the Maru was attempting to convey to them.

Until something happened.

If her meaning had been inexplicable then what transpired next was an enigma.

For all his time a Toa, indeed that time would encompass the full span of his conscious recollection, he had possessed a deep connection with that which was invisible and nearly wholely imperceivable to most. Magnetism was not an element that many associated with the traditional sense of the natural world; it was not the land they lived on nor the very air they breathed; but it was integral and fundamental in a way which few outside of his elemental affinity truly experienced. No two things were alike through its lens. Each Wahi strung its connections differently from another, a unique imprint which resonated deep from within the ground itself. His ship, a fortress of iron, shone like the brightest star even from its distant mooring out in the bay. Even those individuals around him bent the invisible ley lines that surrounded them in minute, yet perceptible and unique ways if one focused on them. His power was of the links and directions of the world around.

As such the tug deep in his soul was a familiar, and yet completely foreign sensation. It was a connection, a pull of such a small magnitude that he considered for half a moment that he had imagined it completely. It wasn't magnetism, that much was clear enough to him. No, it was something far more general, calling upon no specific sort of elemental power at any of their disposal.

A power.

One that Leah appeared keenly aware of.

"I felt that too," Dehkaz stated, his eye meeting the healer positioned across from him. "It's almost as if-"

Leah reaching up to grasp Praggos' outstretched hand in a desperate grip cut his thought process short, and he looked back down to the Maru of Water with a searching gaze.

And there it was again.

This time it was stronger, but only just. As if someone had taken the lid off of a heatstone just that little bit more. Only it wasn't a warmth that the sensation brought with it, not quite. It was a clarity, like a cool breeze passing through Po-Wahi.

Like water.

Dehkaz raised his hand, palm down, towards the form of Leah, as if to stop her exertions, though that was not his focus. Instead of letting the strange power slip away once more, he held it in his mind. Kept it suspended within his perception the same as he used his own power to suspend himself in the sky above.

And then he gave it a push.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @otter @Lady Takanuva @Snelly @Eyru @Krayzikk

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 11

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"... very busy, sir. As I'm sure you can see the arrival of the Dasakan refugees has required a lot of time on the Akiri's part."

"I understand that. I don't need to speak with the Akiri personally." Like all good secretaries, the Matoran in front of him clearly intended to perform one of her most critical functions; filter unnecessary visitors before they ever take up time. That usually ran at cross purposes to the intentions of those visitors, but in this case it worked out fine. As long as he got the message across she could consider him filtered. Krayn leaned in a little and carefully made sure his voice would go no further than the two of them. "Leah Maru has been injured. She's been taken to Cael's. The perpetrator ran for Le-Wahi."

"..." The Matoran blinked, clearly processing, then nodded. "I will make sure the Akiri is informed."

"Thank you."

The Matoran nodded politely, clearly around moving on to moving priorities about her in her head, and Krayn took his cue to leave. The Akiri's people had been informed and anything from there was out of his hands. There was, now, one problem; he'd never been to Cael's in his life. The last time he'd been in Ga-Koro someone else had been handling any medical requirements. He hadn't been too focused on where Destiny went, either. Fortunately he spotted the living cannonball that was, presumably, the Fowadi's captain and could orient from there.

Just would take him a little longer to get there.

• Like 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

13 hours ago, sunflower said:

IC: Sentinel [Ga-Koro, Southern Docks]

The Lesterin raised a brow at the white-armored Toa's insistence, but shrugged nonetheless in acceptance.

"Well, uh, sure thing then in that case," She replied, before cracking what could nearly be described as a grin of it wasn't partially hidden behind the mask of professionalism she obvious was doing her best to uphold, "He is currently out on the ship, feel free to go talk to him directly, y'know-"

She jabbed a thumb in the direction of the armored ironclad sitting out in the bay.

"-if ya can make it there without me."

IC: Makua — Ga-Koro, Southern docks

“Bet”

The view of the massive Sentinel warship was unmistakable. Even when sitting amongst the newly arrived warships of Dasakan people, the style and flair that the Fowadi had was distinctive.

This made it easy for Makua to focus his elemental energies. An icy pole extended bidirectionally from Makua’s right hand, while an icesheet that resembled a surfboard appeared to rise from beneath the warm salt waters of Ga-Koro. In a quick moment, the Lesterin Sentinel would notice that Makua was off of the docks and now in the water atop the icy paddleboard. Even better, his trusty paddle helped him venture across the water at a surprisingly decent speed for a structure made purely of ice.

• Like 5

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC Sigrus | Ga-Koro

"Finally got to talk with Stanman about the old days, among other things," Nichou had said.

The mere mention of Stannis stirred stirring Sigrus' barely-secret disdain for the prophet and rocked his attention back to the present, primarily in order to assess whether that Maru was nearby yet again. He looked this way and that, spun around gracefully, and then settled back in line with a slight skip in his step upon confirming Stannis the Interloper was not around. Just a false alarm, yes.

"Oh, yes—and in case it wasn't stated earlier, I am Sigrus of the Massif."

@BULiK @BBBBalta @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Krayzikk said:

IC:

"... very busy, sir. As I'm sure you can see the arrival of the Dasakan refugees has required a lot of time on the Akiri's part."

"I understand that. I don't need to speak with the Akiri personally." Like all good secretaries, the Matoran in front of him clearly intended to perform one of her most critical functions; filter unnecessary visitors before they ever take up time. That usually ran at cross purposes to the intentions of those visitors, but in this case it worked out fine. As long as he got the message across she could consider him filtered. Krayn leaned in a little and carefully made sure his voice would go no further than the two of them. "Leah Maru has been injured. She's been taken to Cael's. The perpetrator ran for Le-Wahi."

"..." The Matoran blinked, clearly processing, then nodded. "I will make sure the Akiri is informed."

"Thank you."

The Matoran nodded politely, clearly around moving on to moving priorities about her in her head, and Krayn took his cue to leave. The Akiri's people had been informed and anything from there was out of his hands. There was, now, one problem; he'd never been to Cael's in his life. The last time he'd been in Ga-Koro someone else had been handling any medical requirements. He hadn't been too focused on where Destiny went, either. Fortunately he spotted the living cannonball that was, presumably, the Fowadi's captain and could orient from there.

Just would take him a little longer to get there.

IC:

The Matoran of plantlife in a side room stopped messing with whatever filing cabinet he had his hands in, turning to the door that led back to the entrance of the Akiri's workspace. Once he heard the other one leave—sounded like a Toa, judging by the footfalls—he peeked his head out, looking at the Ga-Matoran at the desk.

"Did he say Leah's been injured?" The Ga-Matoran nodded. "...If he came here to tell us, that means it's bad, right? Karzahni, Hahli's not going to like this." The Ga-Matoran nodded again. With a sigh, Eutuchia covered the eyes of his mask, shaking his head defeatedly, before dropping his hands to stand firm and resolute. As though prepared for some great suffering or torture.

"I will tell her," he declared, though whether he ignored or simply didn't notice the other Matoran rolling her eyes was hard to say. "I will save the rest of you from her reaction...but get ready for mandatory training again. She's probably going to break the pull-up bar back out." He started back deeper into the hut at a stately, resolute pace...before picking it up to actually get to Hahli quickly. This was news she'd want to hear soon.

"Hahli, I've got news, not good news, and no, it isn't that creep back trying to hit on the Dasaka again, it's worse..."

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl

• Like 2

profiles i guess

Kale Ironshaper - Ga-koro - Docks

IC: "Mata Nui certainly has her fair share of natural resources. Although as far as the Fowadi goes..." He turned to shoot an assessing glance over the metallic beast floating in the center of the bay. Memories of the refit being sorted through like a deck of cards. Individual frames picked out and examined within a specific light. "I think I've made or refurbished a solid quarter of the Fowadi's plating at this point." A grimace crossed his face at the memory of the long and grueling hours spent forming specific alloys based off of samples provided by some very demanding engineers. He still wasn't sure if all the effort had actually been worth it. Did they really need theoretically rust resistant plating when there were multiple people aboard who could fix it with a thought?

The young Toa took a moment to blink the thoughts away and refocus on the woman before him. The grimace turning into a wry smile in the process. "Thankfully I wasn't alone in that endeavor. Our crew has put a lot of work into the ship and I'm sure they'd enjoy the chance to show off sometime. I'd offer to give you one now but it would seem that we are both somewhat busy today."

This time the twin emerald orbs flicked towards where it looked like the Dasakan navy were performing boarding opperations against their famed sumbersible ship. Elsewhere in the koro the telltale signs of varied abilities were sounding out. The air breezing about as a not insignificant number of solid objects moved around off the ground. Even the water was still choppy from the recent wave. Whatever else one could say about today, 'peaceful' was not it.

@Vezok's Friend @Umbraline Yumiwa @The UltimoScorp @BULiK

• Like 4

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) The Hero of Naho Bay

He continued to stalk backwards with his quarry in tow, her heels sliding against the flooring of the bridge dully while Tazera spoke. He could see the slack jaw fighting the furrowed brow beneath the clenching, choked words. She didn't know whether to be scared or angry, but one thing was clear: she wasn't talking so tough any longer. That was good. What was better was that none of her tension had snapped to stop his movement as he crept towards a back panel, one of the few lacking a redecoration that smelled like fresh ozone.

THUNK.

Amid the clamor of the Dasakan Navy, scrambling over his sub like so many ants on a carelessly kicked mound, Rudra's ears caught the faint sonorous thudding of a body hitting one of the decks from a fair height, incongruent with the many taps that were muffling through and upon the hull. It was far away enough that, were he not so keenly aware of his surroundings thanks to weighing his odds on the stunt moments prior, he'd have totally missed it—

But he was excessively pleased he hadn't, manic expression unfurling into a victorious chuckle. Perfect.

She'd kept her word for sure—

Negotiations were under way, and that was definitely gonna be that stuck-up Commodore bringing herself down to sea level to bargain for the girl. Very, very good. Almost there. He was sure that, one way or another, he was leaving this a winner. If the Leff-tennant had faltered here, of all, times, then surely even if her superior officer held more strictly to those "virtues" that blindly sacrificed the cogs for their machine... she'd be none too happy. Clearly she wasn't so hard-nosed after all.

A worst-case scenario of dysentery in the ranks. You had to love those odds.

"Now you're speakin' my language." he spoke brazenly, nodding once, then twice as the Dasaka placed her fingers to her temples to keep pleading to her superiors to see reason. "Violence never solves anything when you can just talk."

Without waiting for a reply, he stepped back again— and felt his heel touch the boundary. This was as good as his position was gonna get. He could take in most every part of the room here... and most every part of the room'd still see the sparks on his fingertips.

He pulled his loaded gun a millimeter back as he watched, imperceptible to the emotionally stricken antagonist of his...

And without really knowing why, shook the fighter whose lapel he held in that white knuckled grip, as if seeing whether or not he could rouse her. Arm hooked under hers as he had it in taking her hostage, their heads were naturally stuck quite close together— he'd even craned his neck once or twice to avoid her noggin lolling straight into his brow while he was trying to sell his bit.

He thought he might have heard a groan, so working on that assumption—

"You know, you're lucky."

The bravado had all but totally erased itself his voice, instead leaving beneath his breath in a softened, almost contemplative murmur.

Whether or not she heard was only for her to know.

"'Fight to death', 'know nothing of honor'—Yeah, you're lucky, alright. Lucky your boss is full of ####."

He clicked his tongue and then snorted a fraction of mirth, a weird little thought occurring.

"That's...Lucky for me too actuallyGuess you caught some of mine."

...Back to waiting.

Edited by Razgriz
You're not gonna believe this, The guy sold a submarine from a soccer game. He had the ship's teeth!
  • Like 7

helo frens

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

"I am Eita of Clan Kinzoku; it's a pleasure to meet you all," Eita said, acknowledging each of the newly arrived beings (how many people were here now, thirty?). "My companions are Nara, Nale, Timak, Kimala, and Lekua, although it seems that a few of you know each other already." Acknowledging the ones called Kanohi and Ranok, he said, "Well, I don't quite know what a Lesterin is, but perhaps you could help us with a problem of our own- myself, Lekua, and the others are in search of a plant called the Miracle Cactus. We have a general idea of where to find one- Po-Wahi- but perhaps one of you all know of a more specific location?"

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @Harvali@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel @BBBBalta

• Like 2

IC Sigrus | Ga-Koro

"The Miracle Cactus, you say?" Sigrus growled and clenched his brows low with concern. His eyes, usually alight with zen and happiness, clouded slightly as he thought of the true spice of Po-Wahi. "The fruit of the desert is a forbidden pear, fickle as it be prickly. I know of it, and what's more I know people have been enslaved in the search for it and enthralled by the use of it many times before.

"Praytell, to what end it is that you seek that cactus?"

@BULiK @BBBBalta @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa
  • Like 3

IC: Nichou [Ga-Koro, Streets]

Before Lekua could answer Nichou's question, the foreigner spoke up, addressing all nearby in that classic "I'm not from around here, but I'm important back home (Source: dude trust me)" way. This stranger rattled off an entire expedition's worth of crew in his entourage, most of whom went in one of Nichou's audio receptors and out the other. Hearing the Le-Matoran's name among the company's enlisted caused Nichou's mind to race to conclusions and dump any detailed memory of the other names in the process.

Without skipping a beat, Nichou whispered to Lekua with a bemused smirk. He had his answer for what Lekua was up to, regardless of the hotshot pilot's input:

"Ah, tourism. Got it."

Sigrus and Ranok, Nichou's own posse, were rather invested in this whole wild Taku chase, but that didn't snag the Onu-Matoran's attention. He gave Lekua a pat on the shoulder as he maneuvered past the Le-Matoran, looking at his pal and silently nodding his head sideways towards some of the others that Eita had mentioned - a move that unambiguously said "let's go meet your friends".

The Onu-Matoran circled near the outskirts of the assembled beings, towards the one who had been looking in his direction earlier. Was she an old client he forgot about or something? Perhaps the shaded lenses to guard his sensitive eyes were an oddity? Not that many Onu-Koronans travelled to the dockyards of Ga-Koro, after all. Floating was as much the opposite of being underground as being up in Le-Koro's trees. Unnatural business... but Nichou did love the purity of the water all around them.

"Friend of Lekua's? Narr-ayy, right?" Nichou quietly began, offering the Fa-Matoran a handshake.

OOC: @BBBBalta @Tarn and whoever else wants to vibe at the back of the crowd while others talk about Quest Business™

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - Ga-Wahi - Ga-Koro

The cross-wired vigilante’s words seemed unnoticed by Lekua and Nichou, and maybe that was for the best. Kanohi did not know how much the general population remembered Stannis’s Companions, his recollection and endorsementof the earlier group might have been suspicious. Made them figure out who he was. Or rather, who he used to be.

A Ga-Matoran and Hakari both spoke up with concern, and beneath his masks Kanohi blushed. He scribbled down with his left hand, “I am a bit stressed, but I can manage. I have to. Stopping the Lesterin is more important than any unease I feel.

Then a strange blue and gold Matoran spoke, Kanohi felt his heartlight pound again, “I wrote something down, before showing it to Eita, “Hakari here is a Lesterin, they are tall beings with the passive elemental abilities of Matoran, and the ability to use masks of a Toa. They hail from a distant land, recently Hakari’s memories have started to return of that land, she remembers it was once known as Seprilli.

He wrote more, “The Lesterin we seek is a botanist, who also seems to remember some things of Seprilli, based off what the merchant said. He has some mastery of plants, he was able to turn a flower into a parasite that could puppet a Gukko as a marionette. Maybe he would also be seeking this miracle cactus, since it’s a rare plant. I feel like the merchant had mentioned he had said to her that he was after a miracle too, though I forget her wording, it’s been a few days.

That last part was from his most recent vision, not what the merchant said, but hopefully Hakari would not question it. More importantly, it now hit him that Lekua and Nichou were here along with Kanohi. And his vision was of something being ripped out of Aurax’s corpse. Was this a coincidence? Or were some of the former members of the Companions being driven back together after what felt like decades? Was this Destiny?

N-no, it couldn’t be. Kanohi was too unimportant for Destiny to take notice of, and this was Dece’s past and that name mattered far less. Still, he knew enough about interpreting fate with his visions to take notice. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

OOCAppropriate accompaniment

IC: [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro harbor]

The Dasakan officer did instantly pick up on the Toa’s glance past her, towards the Ryuu. But she nodded in agreement with his words.

“A good crew is worth their weight in steel. Thank you for the offer, I would be glad to get a closer look another time perhaps, when things aren’t quite as - ”

.:WAIT-:.

The commodore spun to the Ryuu, while at the same time her right hand shot up, index raised, gesturing for the Toa to be quiet and wait a moment. That had been Tazera, no doubt about it. The mental plane was silent, but the tension was almost tangible, like a tingle of static down her spine. Things had gone from almost in control to very much out of control again. 

After what felt like way too long a time, the Lieutenant got in touch again, but what she said next had Ayiwah back in full command mode in a fraction of a heart light flash. 

:Commodore...The intruder has...taken Dastana Inzu hostage. He is demanding the Ryuu. In return for her life.:

Aya could feel the distress, anger and fear in her friend’s words. She stared at the half submerged submarine, trying to picture the scene based on the mental transmission’s impressions. The sinking feeling in her gut had turned into anger - part of her wanted to go on the ship right now and remove the intruder from her vessel herself. In pieces, if required. Her other feelings were very much in line with Tazera’s. To Zataka with the boat, and save Inzu. She knew the Menti aboard the Ryuu well and the thought of losing one of them to a petty ship stealer was gut-wrenching. But just a moment later, all those emotions had already been processed and sequestered into their own, separate little corner in her mind, where they couldn’t distract her. What remained of commodore Ayiwah was just cold - and focused.

The people of Kentoku and Mata Nui were at war with Makuta’s forces. In that war, the Ryuu was a strategic asset, one that gave them an advantage. Not just here and in the immediate future, if the need arose - she also considered the long term consequences. Against the horde of Rahkshi, the Ryuu would be immensely useful, able to execute hit and run missions, break through enemy lines, stealthily insert troops at strategic locations, and more. In short: Actions that in the long run might save many more lives and even help them win them back their homeland.

Plus there were other considerations too: What message would giving up the Ryuu send?  How many other opportunistic criminals would feel emboldened to target Dasaka? And politically, what would the other clan leaders do if it became clear the imperial navy could be extorted by just taking one of them hostage? 

The question was, whether it was worth spending one life for a future advantage and to send a different kind of message - or if Inzu’s life would be wasted for nothing if she kept this course? And how many lives would be saved by spending this one? There was no guarantee after all. Could she live with the consequences?

As it turned out…yes, she could. She would not lose the Ryuu to one craven would-be ship-stealer, even if it meant losing one of her own. Feeling guilty for that would be a small price to pay for the overall safety of their people.

These were ruthless considerations. But once they were in play, it opened up more options than just ‘lose Inzu’ or ‘lose the Ryuu’. They still had cards to play. Plus, the situation wasn’t quite that hopeless yet anyway. Watching the submersible, Ayiwah noticed a familiar purple-clad Menti rappel down and board the vessel, moving with a purpose. That was good.

Even though time seemed to have slowed down, her deliberations had only taken a few seconds, before the commodore finally replied to Tazera: 

.:Lieutenant Tazera, we are not giving up the Ryuu:. She transmitted, sounding stern and making it clear that there was no arguing that point. But she put her thoughts in a way that would hopefully let her shaken-up friend see the situation and the bigger picture the same way she did. .:He can not risk harming Inzu before the ship is seaworthy and he can not let her go until he is free and clear. So even if we give into the demands, there is no guarantee Inzu will be released unharmed. Right now the ship is firmly anchored to the Yukanna and her drive is disabled so that it can not be fixed easily. Even without the chains the ship is dead in the water. And if he somehow does get her moving, we can still track her or even stop her. We are not out of options.:.

A brief pause. As before, the thoughts were not just words. They encompassed concepts and ideas that would give Tazera an understanding of what was going on topside beyond mere description, and they traveled just as fast.

.:Now, you have the best situational overview, both down there and up here. You can turn this around. So tell me: What do you need?:.

She had made no mention of the other Menti aboard yet. She didn’t want to risk tipping the intruder off. Besides, if Tazera’s mental shout had alerted him in the first place, that meant he was listening in - this transmission included.

Speaking of listening in: Once her reply to Tazera was sent, Ayiwah concentrated and very deliberately reached out across the mental plane towards another Menti, one who was in a tough spot: .:Inzu...can you hear me? We need you.:.

OOC: @Ghosthands

• Like 4

[Ga-Koro,  Outside The Great Takea (Ranok)]
Ranok tried to get a read on Kanohi as the masked vigilante shifted his attention elsewhere, seeming to grow ever more distressed.   This need to find a particularly nasty lesterin seemed to verge on an obsession—though he supposed that came with the territory.  Unfortunately.   He hoped he could talk more with the other matoran at some point.

“Well,” he said, his singer’s voice projecting over the crowd, though not too loud.  “I am definitely aware of where one can pick up some miracle cactus.  Usually I’d advise splitting up, but with the guards occupied with the new fleet I think we should be alright as long as we keep our heads down.”

OOC: @Harvali @~Xemnas~ @ARROW404 @Snelly @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Lady Takanuva @Tarn

• Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro (Outside Great Takea)

Oh no, is he talking to—

“Hi,” Nale said, too nervous to move her hand and reciprocate. She blinked a couple of times before the question hit her. “Oh, Nale,” she corrected the Onu-Matoran, letting out a small laugh and placing a hand on her chest. “Nah-ley. I’m really a friend of Eita and Nara’s (no relation) but I wouldn’t mind getting to know Lekua better, I guess…”

She rubbed the back of her neck, her optics drifting off to look at nothing in particular, although to Nichou she seemed to be looking to the gathered Matoran—and Toa, and Lesterin. Nale then snapped her gaze back to Nichou, realizing how that sounded.

“…not that—I mean—I’d be fine getting to know you, too. Or, yeah. No!”

She finally grabbed the Onu-Matoran’s hand and shook it vigorously.

“Sorry. Your name is…?”

OOC: @BBBBalta@BULiKetc.

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: I’m not really a stickler when it comes to BZPTime but this conversation is probably happening a while before the shenanigans in the Koro tbh

IC: Ember - The Fowadi

Standing a little straighter and with her arms clasped neatly behind her back, the Ta-Matoran projected the obstinance of her age  - old salt, barnacles and crust anchoring her to the deck. Or perhaps she just looked silly with her chest a fraction more puffed, compared to the enormity of the two considerable Toa before her.

“Well could,” she started briskly, rocking on the balls of her feet ever so slightly. “But bein’ frank, Toa Rynekk, I knows the dockmaster ‘round these parts and it’d be bad fortune t’ lock horns with ‘er while she’s likely o’er-canvassed, savvy?” A mild jerk of her chin over her shoulder in the rough direction of the glittering mass of Dasakan vessels swamping Ga-Koro’s port. “‘Tis a gale I’d not weather. ‘Specially with as much cargo as we’ll be haulin’.”

After a beat, the rigidity of her posture loosened, arms swinging forward to indicate the opposite direction - across the deck, past the gunwale, Forsi’s weather-beaten structures snaked up the cliff wall like petrified ivy, dark clouds hanging above the treetops at its apex, the shadowy streaks of rain already starting to obscure it all.

“‘Sides!” barked Ember at long last, already beginning her precise mariner’s stride across the deck to a skiff dangling from its davit. Halfway there, she spun around and began walking backwards toward the smaller vessel, her eyes still on the two Toa and her arms splayed up and out. “Forsi’s naught but a few leagues away! An’ what better time to teach ye about fair-sailin’ in a tempest!”

The barest hints of that ever-elusive grin would be visible for only a moment before she spun ’round again and climbed aboard the skiff.

OOC: @Void Emissary @Krayzikk

• Like 1

OOC: That's a very fair point.

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

Rynekk rubbed his chin at Ember's suggestion. He wasn't thrilled with the idea of putting yet more distance between himself and Ga-Koro, not when he and Kale had already made plans to interrogate Leah Maru. But he had to admit to himself that Kale would do just as good a job of that as Rynekk himself could -- even better, perhaps. Even the thought of the Maru sent his stomach into knots, his blood pressure spiking. No, Kale was the best man for the job. They didn't need him over there.

Not like they needed you in Ko-Koro.

Rynekk shook his head. He needed to focus.

"I'll follow your lead, then, teach," he said, smiling, climbing into the skiff with Ember. "You coming, Brukin?"

OOC: @Perp@Krayzikk

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC, Eita: Ga-Koro

"Praytell, to what end it is that you seek that cactus?"

"It was recommended to me by a healer in this village as a cure for my migraines. I've been having them as far as... as far as I can remember," Eita said. He conveniently left out the part about his memory not going back very far. "I'm planning on this being a one and done thing, so you can put your concerns to rest." 

He turned to the mute Matoran named Kanohi, who was showing him something he had written. "Ah..." The Dashi murmured as he read what Kanohi had written. But before he had a chance to say something, Ranok spoke up:

“I am definitely aware of where one can pick up some miracle cactus.  Usually I’d advise splitting up, but with the guards occupied with the new fleet I think we should be alright as long as we keep our heads down.”

Eita scratched his chin. "Hmmm. I think I have an idea," he said, gesturing to the gathered beings to come closer in order to hear him. "The inhabitants of this island have been so kind to me and my people, I think I would like to help Kanohi out with his problem, and potentially kill two Janu with one stone. If that would be alright with the rest of you, of course." He looked back at Nara, Timak, and the others. "If this Lesterin has no miracle cactus in his possession..." his voice trailed off as he glanced at Ranok specifically. "We can pay a visit to wherever Ranok has in mind." 

He winced a little as he began to feel another migraine start to well up. "I don't think it's a coincidence that we've all met each other," he stated. "If fate has brought us together, then maybe we could find out the reason, together."

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @Harvali@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel @BBBBalta

• Like 2

IC Sigrus | Ga-Koro

The monk grimaced again at the turn of phrase as his pacifist nature chafed slightly at the thought of killing anything, birds in particular. He'd long been a fascinated amateur ornithologist and birdwatcher, as his notebook listing all the sightings of new winged creatures catalogued. The oldest entry was of a fishing bird classified as an albatross, all the way back when Sigrus was a seafaring navigator, and one of the benefits of the Massif was the constantly shifting wind currents and microclimates that brought new species of rahi to the enclave over time. Sigrus took great pleasure, indeed, in sitting on a log and waiting for new sounds and sights of bird rahi. "Feed two Janu with one seed, yes?" he posited as a suitable substitution, wondering, in part, if the concept of death was perhaps seen differently by a seemingly militaristic culture as the Dasaka. 

Eita winced a little as he began to feel another migraine start to well up. "I don't think it's a coincidence that we've all met each other," he stated. "If fate has brought us together, then maybe we could find out the reason, together."

Fate. Such ethereal matters were often left by Sigrus to the more religious people he knew, like Stannis, or Brykon. The monk had his own beliefs of faith, of course, but his core principles made use of the Three Virtues in quite different applications. When he meditated he occupied himself in centering himself in order to grasp some deeper purpose within; in contrast, the Wanderer meditated to understand the greater picture of the world, something Sigrus had no patience to deal with. It was no small wonder why the two camerlengos had butted heads so much—they perceived their place in the world very differently. 

He softened somewhat when he saw the dashi in pain, however, and offered a reassuring touch on Eita's shoulder. "I think the cactus can provide the miracle you need, yes. Fate or not, there are many ways this can be resolved, and not all of them safe. In this quest, you have my hammers."

• Like 4

[IC: Timak, Ga-Koro]

The Toa looked over the group once more, doing their best to remember everyone's faces. It definitely wasn't going to work.

"So... we go to help Kanohi find this creepy plant Lesterin guy. Great! Where do we start?" said Timak, shifting from foot to foot in anticipation. This conversation had gone on just about long enough for their liking, and they were itching to do something. Not least, they were quite excited to see more of the island, having only seen Ga-Koro itself since washing up on the beach half-drowned and amnesiac. What a day it had been.

ooc: @ARROW404 @Snelly @Harvali@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel @BBBBalta @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC:

If it were physically possible to hear one's eyes roll then Makua would have been able to make it out long past the point at which the general din of the busy dockside faded away. As it was though, the Ko-Toa's elemental departure was only followed by the bemused muttering of something along the lines of "Toa…" as the Sentinel returned her focus back to her previous task.

Despite the great difference in size between the two watercraft, if Makua's makeshift paddle board could be called such, his arrival up to the ironclad didn't go unnoticed.

"Ahoy there Toa!" Came the call from up the tumblehomed side of the armored vessel, the origin of which appeared to be the tan form of a Po-Matoran peering over the side. He gave a wave and continued, "What is your business?"

OOC: @Emzee

• Like 4

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -