BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

[Ga-koro, Inner Port(Yukie)]
::Zakaz::

Yukie repeated the name, looking towards the island.  Though he guessed Mount Koshiki was taller than the peaks here, it couldn’t match them in sheer ruggedness and hostility.   There was a certain beauty to the place, however, despite it’s harshness.  Or perhaps he was just programmed to see it, growing up in the family that he did. He used his power in the mental plain to steady the raft and steady Rhow’s mind with it, waiting for the skakdi’s memory to take them to the island of Zakaz.

This at least, was familiar ground, anchoring someone with the same sense of self that he used to retain his own mind.   It was harder when the possible attack might come from within oneself, but all willhammer attacks in sense played on the victims own mental weaknesses. He ought to ask his cousins about it la— No.  He needed to be present here, as another gust of wind rocked the raft.  
Rhow needed to know she was strong and not alone.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: [Ga-koro, Docks (Pradhai)]
Pradhai chuckled.   “Why do that when I can get a razor fish to tow me in?”

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Geardirector

• Like 2

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Cephala (Ga-Koro docks)

"Putting 'razor fish' and 'towing' together in the same sentence sounds like a recipe for disaster, quite frankly."

OOC:  @Mel @Geardirector

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC Yumiwa | Ga-Koro, the Yukanna 

That sword! 

All it took was a quick glance at Maru's unguarded mind to see what she imagined. Her memory of the weapon was an echo of an echo and as a result the image was rough compared to a fully developed image, but even so, it was obvious in the mental image that the flamberge had all the markers of fine Dasakan craftsmanship. But... a crystalline artifact sword here in Mata Nui, so far from where it came from? It seemed impossible, or at least improbable, for that to be so. And yet. 

And yet, it also seemed familiar, as though I'd'd read annals of a similar blade in an ancient manuscript, something shown to me by either Dad or Uncle. I wouldn't have anything in my yacht's library, but perhaps one of the datsue craftswomen may know more. "May I keep this thought of yours?" I asked, seeking to retain the memory of the sword Maru had like hewing a branch from its tree for safekeeping. 

But did we have something similar? I scratched my chin in thought and let myself process out loud for Maru to hear. "It saddens me to think of such a beautiful blade in the hands of a servant of a Great Enemy," I said. "We do... we did have something that felt out of place. My uncle, Umbraline Rayuke, carried as token of his office an all-steel greatsword that had been passed down for generations of Executioners. That sword alone contained as much metal as the rest of the empire combined. As I understand, it was used to unlock something, a gate from which your 'Makuta' emerged from..."

@BULiK @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

IC: Dastana Daijuno & Zyla | Ga-Koro

'Taka, I'm good.

"And I've got to apologize myself, Miss Wokiya," Daijuno replied with a smile that was, in Zyla's personal opinion, just a little too self-satisfied. "I didn't mean to besmirch your good reputation as a writer, but I did need to be sure that it was, indeed, you. You can only imagine how many people are looking to take advantage of a group of people who are still reeling and disoriented; and I doubt that any of them would be above impersonating one of the island's foremost journalists."

"But enough about that!" she continued, taking the cigar out of her mouth and handing it over to Zyla, who quickly stubbed it out on the crate next to her. "You have questions, and I can only hope that I and my assistant, Dastana Zyla, can answer them. Zyla here just arrived here a few hours ago, but I've been here since the submersible you mentioned first arrived. I've even had a chance to meet with some members of the Ga-Koro branch of your publication, although not with a great deal of fruitfulness on either of our parts. Now, I'm not sure if there was a particular way that you wanted to proceed with this... interview?"

OOC: @Emzee

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [Leah - Ga-Koro harbor]

The Toa looked a tad puzzled at first. “Sure…of course.” she replied, wondering about the mechanics of the exchange. Once shared with Yumiwa, how would she even prevent it automatically becoming a thought of hers in the process? Perhaps there would be time later to learn more. Right now…

“As I understand, it was used to unlock something, a gate from which your 'Makuta' emerged from..."

…right now she’d apparently struck the target of her investigation dead center. The odd parallel of the land of crystal having a metal sword while they had a crystalline one also stood out. Her eyes shone a bit brighter, but the effect was dimmed by the addition of learning that apparently executioner was a permanent position in the Dasakan court. But figuring out what exactly that entailed would also have to wait for now because the revelation all but confirmed her suspicions. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“The crystal flamberge seems to have served an identical purpose here on our island. A key to…well, wherever Makuta was when we banished him. We simply called it the legend - for lack of a better term.” she said, giving the empress a moment to fully process that further connection between the two weapons. 

After the brief pause she asked: “Could you tell me more about where, how and by whom the sword was used when this happened? Were you there with your uncle - or did someone else have the blade at the time? The one who opened the gate on our end was not the flamberge’s original wielder, so knowing who was there could be important - in fact, any detail you can tell me will be helpful.”

IC: [Rhow - Inner Port]

The Skakdi had just steadied herself in the calmer water when the sudden gust of wind knocked her off and into the surf. She emerged a second again, rivulets of crimson water draining off of her. With a huff, she began to wade up the beach out of the thigh-high water. Yukie started to follow, then stopped when Rhow froze again. She certainly wasn’t alone.

Behind the beach but before the cliffs in the distance, a lower rock shelf rose. And up on the rise, they saw a figure. At first it looked like another Skakdi to Yukie, but the longer he looked the more things became…wrong. Very wrong. Too many heads, too many eyes. 

Slowly, the figure raised an arm. As it did, guttural shouts and voices rose from the surrounding, audibly getting closer. Unnervingly their owners continued to be obfuscated by the mist. Or maybe that was for the best?

Rhow’s eyes widened. Her breath quickened, almost hyperventilating. Without hesitation she grabbed Yukie’s hand and dragged him along mercilessly. They were still standing in the surf, and the incline of the beach was steep. Rhow struggled to find her footing as each receding wave washed out the sand around her feet, causing her to stumble - but she continued to struggle until her claws dug into more solid sand. The cries were still getting closer. She yanked on the Menti’s arm.

“Go. Run!”

OOC: @Mel@Umbraline Yumiwa@BULiK

A bit of audio for mood.

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Cael)

"Agni?" Cael's voice carried a note of surprise. "Tuara?"

The healer looked at her old friends with her head titled slightly to the side, a towel half-folded in her hands. How many times had she seen their faces in her dreams? How often had she recalled the last words any of them had exchanged, turning them over in her mind like well-worn stones? She had long since lost count. The names themselves felt clumsy on her lips, like words in a language she had almost forgotten how to speak. But they had known each other in another life.

She smiled warmly. "It's been too long. Please, come in. Has Praggos filled you in on all the excitement yet?"

OOC: @Palm @Vezok's Friend @otter 

• Like 3

Yukie let Rhow drag him along.   He had no weight here, so he trailed easily behind her, rather like a balloon.   It might have been comical if not for abject fear radiating off her.

He let some of his awareness separate from his projection to form a shield between them  and the nightmare host on the cliffs, a spray of crystal pink petals that glowed defiantly against the mist.

::Rhow, who—what are you running from?::

“Oh you’d be surprised.   Luckily I can tell the nice ones from the nasty ones.”

OOC: @Geardirector @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Edited by Mel
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro Docks)

"A necessary skill in all situations" I remarked with a smile, and looked over at Pradhai with a knowing look.

::Listen,:: I chimed in privately on the mental plane, ::if what we're planning is going to work, shouldn't we just take this 'Turaga' along too? We could use someone who's more familiar with the island::

OOC: @Mel @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: [Agni - Cael’s house]

Truth be told, he’d dreaded this moment. There’d be no turning back after this, he’d have to talk to her about what had happened…

But that tilt of the head, the look of surprise, the friendly smile…

Oh karz it you literal ray of sunshine.

Agni smiled back, genuine and bittersweet. It had been a while since the last time that had happened. And it stung to the core - but at the same time he couldn’t deny how honestly happy he felt to see the healer again.

“Yeah, it has.”

“Praggos mentioned a thing or two…sounds like you’re having a busy day.”

The Ta-Toa looked around the hut, then glanced out the nearest window, hand absentmindedly rubbing the back of his neck.

“Well, you and the whole of Ga-Koro, looks like.”

The Skakdi kept running, dragging the Menti along until she finally threw herself into cover behind yet another jagged rock. Her chest was heaving with ragged breaths and her eyes darted around, narrowed and alert, expecting for whoever was after her in her memory to emerge from the mist at any moment.

It was only when the strange and by appearance completely out of place screen of petals appeared that she found some semblance of focus again. Both in the mindscape and on the bench across from Daijuno, she tried to steady her breathing. Yukie saw her slide down into a crouch, her back pressed against the rock, and she was clutching her blade. She risked a glance around the far side of the rock they were sheltering behind, before answering the Menti’s question, between tense breaths:

“Hyrak;dii.”

She grimaced, glanced around again with panicked eyes, as if just uttering the name would bring about catastrophe.

“...he’s dead…he’s dead…” she muttered out loud, like a mantra, more to herself than anything else. “...he was dead…should be dead…but not in here…”

OOC: @otter@Eyru@Mel@Palm and @Void Emissary because this is all still happening close to where you're talking to the journalist XD

• Like 2

IC: Wokiya — Ga-Koro

“A reunion! That’s so nice!” Wokiya said, her bubbly enthusiasm now fully returned. “I would love to just ask you some a set of questions right here, if that is alright with the both of you. You both seemed every well-traveled and well-read and I’m sure you have amazing stories that woulde captivate the Matoran in every settlement on this island”

The Ga-Matoran gave a quick glance to Scryne was already shuffling in his bag for his quills and other stationery.

“Are you ready to begin the interview?” Wokiya asked. She stood with open palms that quickly closed around a quill and paper that Scryne had placed in each of them.

OOC: @Void Emissary

Catarix — Ga-Koro, Mata Nui Daily, Ga-Wahi Branch HQ

The wizened Ko-Matoran walked through the front door after showing his press badge to security. A roll of the most recent issue of the publication rested snugly under his left arm.

“Hello, sir. I Catarix Vint-Rasque of the Mata Nui Daily’s Ko-Wahi branch,” Catarix said to the front desk clerk, “I’m here for a meeting with Miss Libelle”

Catarix — Ga-Koro, Café Kaukau

“By the Spirit, I can never get enough of that view!” exclaimed Libelle. This so happened to be the Chief Editor of the Mata Nui Daily’s Ga-Wahi branch’s favorite spot, and because of her foreseeable and near-formularized glowing reviews of the place, Libelle often was awarded the coveted seats by the large windows. Both Libelle and Catarix could look to their side and get a full view of the Naho Falls, its gleaning and forceful Great Kaukau sculpture giving a sense of protective calm.

Catarix sat nervously in the plush, lavender cushions as the sun’s rays illuminated the glossy Kanohi Huna that complimented the drop-dead stunning good looks of his greenhorn Ga-Koronan counterpart.

Catarix was confused. The salary for a chief editor was… modest, and they made ords of magnitude more than the reporters and artists within the employ of the Daily. No one entered journalism for the money.

How was Libelle paying for all of this? And the Ko-Matoran was certainly hoping she was treating.

“We don’t have to get anything. I just mostly come here for the views,” Libelle said wistfully, “So, what did you want to know?”

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC, Aurax: Ga-Koro

The Dashi stood up. "Well, I think I know what I need to do first. I should go to Po-Koro. I need to check on my house- if it's still there!" Aurax said. "After that, well, maybe it would be good to take a page out of Stannis's playbook, and do some wandering. Try to see if we can't find some way to help combat Makuta's return. I would be honored if any of you wish to join me."

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus 

• Like 2

IC: Hakari - Ga-koro - 

Hakari perked up at the mention of Po-koro. She'd heard that Captain Lohkar was out in Ostia, which wasn't terribly far from Po-koro, or at least not out of the way.

"I need to get going to Ostia soon, if you're going that direction I can at least accompany you for a while."

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus 

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kanohi - Ga-Wahi - Ga-Koro

Kanohi wrote his answer, then hesitated. He needed to be careful, he might have said too much and might risk exposing himself. So many here had once known Dece, he might want to restrain himself more.

Without noting the irony, he drew his lighter and burnt his first draft of his message into ashes. Then he scribed a few circles to simply say, “I will join you.” His hands twitched as he showed the message to Aurax, he preferred to specify more. But he needed to be discreet. Despite his arson.

Wandering again. He had wandered plenty of times in Le-Wahi, following his visions or distant cries of distress to find people in need. It would be different in a big group though. He had not done such since the Companions.

And on the topic on companions, he wrote a third message, just for Hakari. “It would be good to travel with you a bit longer, Hakari. I hope you will find your homeland and her friends of old. You and Lapu were the first companions I have had in a long time, and I will miss you, but I hope you will have success on your adventures.” He showed it to her, looking away from her gaze. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel 

• Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Hakari - Ga-koro - 

Hakari nodded to Aurax. "Something like that yeah, last I heard that's where Lohkar and his crew were staying. The Iron Mahi travels between Po-koro and Ostia so getting between them isn't difficult." Hakari smiled at Kanohi and nodded. "Thank you Kanohi, it will be nice to travel together for a bit longer." 

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Cael)

The healer smiled ruefully. "When it rains, it pours. Any Ga-Toa could tell you that."

Her smile faded. Placing the folded towel on the table, she picked up another and repeated the process. Her hands moved deftly without any need to look or think. It was a long-practiced routine, her fingers' skill the fruit of endless need.

"Leah Maru was attacked," she said softly, a note of worry sounding beneath her words. It was poor manners, perhaps, to turn the conversation so quickly to bad news, but she had always preferred blunt communication over polite conversation. And this allowed her to focus on the present instead of the memories that seeing Agni and Tuara threatened to bring up. "Poisoned. I haven't seen anything like it since..."

The name hung unspoken in the air.

"It took more than our skill to heal," she continued, glancing at Praggos. "If this... thing... attacks again... people will die."

OOC @Vezok's Friend @Palm @otter

• Like 5

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ga-Koro - Cael's Hut

Tuara watched Praggos out the corner of her eye as Cael explained the aforementioned excitement. She wasn't sure what precisely Agni's look he gave her meant, and it wasn't as if she distrusted Praggos, but if Agni was trying to signal something, it was wise to pay attention. Tuara rubbed her chin as Cael finished, and let out a smile - Cael's pursuit of her work as a healer was always inspirational. Leah Maru being attacked, however, was not, "Thing? What was it?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @otter @Eyru

• Like 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

@Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus @Snelly

IC: Kimala

The tall Toa considered the possibility of accompanying Aurax. It was... an interesting idea. Her students would probably be inconvenienced if she left, though. Unable to give her answer at the moment, she considered in silence, rubbing at her mouth pensively, and glanced at the other Toa in the room, wondering if one of them would undertake the journey at least.

IC: Lapu

The Toa of Plants stared at the window, lost in a thought just out of his reach. Hakari's voice drew his attention slowly back, and he turned to try and read what he could make out of Kanohi's message. He felt like he had missed something while he had spaced out. Kanohi seemed to be bidding Hakari farewell, but she said they would travel together for a bit longer. Where had they said they would be going? Back to Le-Wahi, he hoped.

Silent and inscrutable as ever, he simply stood beside the pair he had arrived with.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

"A Lesterin," I supplied, jumping back into the conversation as though that was my cue. Which, in a sense, it was, given that I was the only one present who had actually seen whoever it was. "As best as I could tell, anyways. Didn't have the right proportions to be a Toa...but they were like an infected mask grew legs and figured out how to walk. I've got no clue how they were even alive, but they got in a fight with Leah and managed to poison her. Had to rush her here to do anything, it was beyond what I could fix alone." Spirit forbid that anybody gets attacked by the same and goes to somebody other than myself or Cael for treatment.

Thinking of which...

"There was some sort of commotion picking up in the market earlier on, but I didn't pay any mind to it until a bit later when Leah more or less upended one of the pads, and about did the same to another right when Krayn and I caught up to her. There might be something to look into out there, or get ahold of the marines and see what they've already found if they've gone and looked."

OOC: @Palm@Vezok's Friend@Eyru

• Like 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ga-Koro - Cael's Hut

Tuara gave Agni a glance as Praggos finished explaining the news, "We're technically only here to check out the Dasaka situation," she began, "Well, technically I'm mostly the ride-along today," Tuara nodded her chin towards the healers, "Solid that you were both in Ga-Koro then."

OOC: @otter @Vezok's Friend @Eyru

• Like 3

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

[IC: Timak, Ga-Koro]

Timak nodded to Aurax. They were optimistic about this opportunity to finally prove theirself as a real Toa. "I'll go, of course. It would be a great privilege to help you in any way I can. That's what Toa do, right?"

ooc: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus @Snelly

::Hyrak dii?::

There was something strange about the way she said the two words of the name, like it was an honorific, like there was punctuation between them that he did not understand.

He had little time to wonder, however.   He could see the panic in this memory-Rhow’s eyes, hear the fear in her words.

::Yes, he is dead.::  Yukie paused, unsure of how to continue—these were not the sort of affirmations he was expecting to have to make.   ::This is not his spector—he is only a piece of your memories.   I will not let this echo hurt you.::

To punctuate this, he thickened the petal veil, obscuring more of the nightmare.
OOC:
@Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary

::That sounds like an excellent idea.   At the very least, we’ll have someone to make sure there are no stones in the path of the cart.::
“Cephala,” she said, out loud.  “You wouldn’t happen to have any plans, say, for the next few weeks?”

[Ga-Koro, Central Hotel (Ranok)]
Ranok frowned for a second—it seemed nobody was up to thinking through what they might do in detail.  Well, that was the cactus.  He personally found it very productive with such discussions, but perhaps one revelation was more than enough for tonight.   He nodded.

“I might not be able to claim a namesake for it, but wandering has always been my way of life.   Yet, it is still good to go home.   I hope yours is still standing when we get there.”

A pause.

“But Po-koro is so dry.   One of you is going to have to buy me some instrument oil.”
OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa@~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Harvali @Lady Takanuva @BULiK @ARROW404@Tarn @BBBBalta@Rahisaurus

Edited by Mel
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"Oh?"  Cephala frowned in thought.  "Nothing planned, no- I wouldn't have asked to stick around with you lot earlier if I had obligations to take care of, y'know?  I was thinking about trying to mingle with some of your cohorts earlier, naturally, but that's less of a plan and more of a 'stand around and wait for things to happen' sort of thing anyways.  Why do you ask?"

EDIT: looked up some old posts, found a thing where Cephala asked to come along anyways, decided to put it in because continuity.  I worry too much, methinks.

Edited by Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Dastana Daijuno & Zyla | Ga-Koro

"Of course!" Daijuno said, a vision of self-satisfaction as she leaned back in her makeshift seat. "Please, whenever you're ready. Would you care to sit?"

Zyla, for her part, gave her employer the professional courtesy of not rolling her eyes. Daijuno's greatest weakness had always been her hunger for praise -- preferably coming from someone in power, of course, but coming from a pretty woman with stars in her eyes was perfectly acceptable -- and it generally meant more trouble for Zyla than she could afford. The curse of the personal assistant, she supposed; and she glanced over to one of Wokiya's companions, the one who had pulled out quill and paper for his employer, sparing him a look of professional sympathy.

Him. It was a pronoun that fit uncomfortably in Zyla's mind. Before arriving on this strange island, Zyla could probably have counted the number of men she had ever met on two hands. But here, on this Mata Nui, men seemed as common as leaves on trees. She wondered, idly, if their presence would awaken anything within her; but she could not really imagine it. Truthfully, even most women held little interest for Zyla, save for....

"Not really many chairs," Daijuno said, going through the theatre of looking around, turning quickly to a vision of embarrassment. "No, not many chairs, are there.... Zyla, maybe you could stand for a bit."

No, Zyla considered. It didn't matter, did it? Not compared to the the curse of the personal assistant.

OOC: @Emzee

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro Docks)

I attempted to grant a reassuring smile to Cephala as she asked what was going on. It wasn't my greatest skill, I'll admit.

"We're just fixing to make a little bit of a rescue mission happen, I suppose," I answered, "some of our people have been lost somewhere else on the island for a while now, from the party I got here with. One of our clan's top ladies is up somewhere in the area you folk call 'Ko-Wahi'"

OOC: @Mel @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Ah."  A grimace.  "This wouldn't happen to be that 'Soraph' lady you mentioned earlier, yes?"

OOC:  @Mel @Geardirector Decided to check on old posts from the Old People Corner, and apparently this isn't the first time Soraph's come up!  Gonna edit my last post too to clear up a minor bit of continuity.

On 12/23/2022 at 5:21 PM, otter said:

IC:

Sato shrugged as well. "Fair enough," she replied, even if she didn't like leaving the issue to get handled without any involvement. Being forced to abandon the palace like she did still stung, and the fact that some other attack seemed to be falling upon the fleet so close to the mobile palace made her sword arm itch. "Like I said, down to the far end of the docks from here. Keep an eye out for Arisa, if you remember her, she's the one who dr—made me get on a ship."

By Zataka's...Don't question it, Sinshi.

@Krayzikk@Haman Karn: A Magical Girl@Vezok's Friend

IC:

Sinshi's brows rose questioningly, latching onto the last minute substitution, but she didn't ask. Not from any real restraint but because the matter was overshadowed more and more with each step down the docks. Her spine stiffened by degrees, shoulders pulled back, and she unconsciously tugged at her jacket as though determined to twitch out any imperfections. Casual ease began to retreat into stiff formality.

She scanned the docks, resorting to a visual search rather than trying to parse the jumbled voices and feelings of the mental plane.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [Agni - Cael’s house]

Agni let out a slow breath he only now noticed he was holding.

“Agreed. We’ll have to put the word out when we get back, or better yet start sending out messages to the other Koro when we speak to the marines. Although…Praggos, do you remember more details of the attacker? You said it looked infected. Or maybe Leah Maru is still closeby enough to talk to her, she must have seen them up close...”

He could feel his thoughts starting to run away from him. So he forced himself to stop, holding up a hand to himself while his head was pointed momentarily at his feet with eyes squeezed shut.

“Sorry. This is…a lot to take in. Like Tuara said…we came here to check in on the Dasaka situation and how that’s going…just an easy recon, nothing more. But, since we are here, we figured we’d stop by to see how you were doing, Cael. It’s…it’s been while since…”

The Toa of fire trailed off, still struggling to find the best way to broach the subject. Then, resigned to the fact that he couldn’t bring himself to say the words, he simply asked: “How are you holding up? Besides all this, I mean.”

OOC: @Eyru@Palm@otter

• Like 3

OOC: I think we're all on the same page mostly anyway. We can definitely proceed from here just fine I think.

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro docks)

"That's right, well remembered." I answered, and glanced around us a few times to ascertain our privacy. About as good as we could really hope for it to be, and at this point, normal speech might be the best choice anyway when so many of my kinsfolk had shown up here. Ideatalk would be easier to overhear.

"She's probably the highest-ranking member of our clan around on this island, actually, but she's also at least a little bit of a spoiled princess who's got more beauty than sense."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Mel

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Pradhai chuckled.   “Luckily, between all of us there’s enough sense to make up for it.”

• Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"Oh?  I hope that means you're planning on taking on more than just us on this rescue mission, then.  Two old petkeepers and a drunk fisherwoman in the Wastes?  Even with the cultists gone from Ko-Koro I'm not too drunk to realize that's not a disaster waiting to happen."  

• Like 1

Aurax smiled softly. “Thank you all,” he said. The thought of seeing his old home made him excited, but also a bit apprehensive; if Ga-Koro had changed so much during his absence, what would his home village now look like?

“Very well, friends. Let’s grab a quick bite to eat and head out!”

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus Aurax (and everyone else who's coming) to Po-Wahi. I'll be making an initial post over there.

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 6:35 AM, ~Xemnas~ said:

Aurax smiled softly. “Thank you all,” he said. The thought of seeing his old home made him excited, but also a bit apprehensive; if Ga-Koro had changed so much during his absence, what would his home village now look like?

“Very well, friends. Let’s grab a quick bite to eat and head out!”

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus Aurax (and everyone else who's coming) to Po-Wahi. I'll be making an initial post over there.

IC: Kimala

The Toa of Crystal chewed her lip in consternation. She did want to go... But could she? With a sigh, she gave her answer eventually. "I need to run some errands. I will join you if I am able, but I cannot say for sure. I will meet you at the exit of the Koro if I'm able to. If not, don't wait for me."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro Docks)

"It's a good point," I remarked with a smile, "I'm not so married to my freedom to be a walking disaster I can't put it aside for a little bit"

I had a moment to think about what it would actually take to do this. What sort of protection would I be able to provide? I wasn't quite as good as I once was, I had to admit that. My Kanohi had stopped working, my body just wasn't what it used to be, even as I worked to stay in shape. It was a tricky proposition, of the sort that I had been trained to see danger in at every turn.

Well, maybe walking disaster wasn't so far away after all?

OOC: @Mel @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Raiyo (Ga-Koro Docks)

Nearby on the docks, Vilda Raiyo turned her head, her travelling shawl clinging to her as she brushed through the crowd towards the three elders. "Um... Excuse me, Datsue Mako, Datsue Pradhai?" She offered a customary curtsy.

She hadn't known Mako by much more than reputation back in Kentoku, he was gone enough from the Vilda seat of power. Pradhai, though, was a rare sight. They were together with one of the Mata Nui Datsue. "Is it true? Are you heading to Ko-Koro?"

Hopefully Ko-Koro and Onu-Koro were near each other.

OOC: @Geardirector @Mel @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

The times, they are a-changing...

On 2/2/2023 at 2:05 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

“The crystal flamberge seems to have served an identical purpose here on our island. A key to…well, wherever Makuta was when we banished him. We simply called it the legend - for lack of a better term.” she said, giving the empress a moment to fully process that further connection between the two weapons. 

Maru was not being unsubtle, and I appreciated that. We were both playing detective, earnestly grasping at new information and awed at the coincidences we found. "'The Legend,' that's cool!" I said, meaning that I said yet not quite comprehending what it all meant. Whatever this 'Legend' is I would need to ask more about it, particularly if Maru somehow banished their Makuta to a proverbial closet that somehow had another door in my world. It was clearly mysterious and pertinent.

After the brief pause she asked, “Could you tell me more about where, how and by whom the sword was used when this happened? Were you there with your uncle - or did someone else have the blade at the time? The one who opened the gate on our end was not the flamberge’s original wielder, so knowing who was there could be important - in fact, any detail you can tell me will be helpful.”

"I'm afraid I don't know much about the history of the weapon..." I said sullenly. I folded my arms in thought, then touched my chin with my right hand as if somehow it would help me think more harder-er. Maybe... pacing? I paced a few steps back and forth across the observation deck, trying to remember something relevant to Maru's queries of the greatsword's past. I'd read so many books and listened to so many oral memory crystals in my education I would expect something would have been mentioned. Much of my education had been about the legacies of Umbraline leaders, histories of every single clan and culture, arts and crafts both modern and anachronistic, and various applications of warfare techniques, but there was definitely a horizon to the education I'd been given. At some point in the distant past stories became blurred and lost, turning from fact to historical fiction, to more embellishment than tale, and finally into the scantest of myths only breathed by the eldest of datsue. Stories like those of dragons like Aclaraung, of Menti wielding the mind like a force of nature, and when Sado was a hovel of straw huts in the rain. 

"I did not go with on my uncle's quest," I said, though withheld that I probably would have liked to experience the adventure at the time; hindsight proved it was wise that I didn't. "But he did use the sword in what was apparent function.

"The blade is as old as memory, by all the accounts I know," I said, thinking aloud. "Nobody knows from where it came, or if anyone does they don't speak of it, but in the present day we simply understand the sword to be an anomalous relic of unprovable provenance. You see, it's been passed down by the the Rora's arbiter of laws for generations—my uncle was merely the latest to hold the position—but we cherish the weapon for its material and permanence. Many crystals shattered against it, so whether truth or myth we viewed the Executioner's Greatsword as a symbol of weight, permanence, and justice. Justice, as a saying goes, is not held lightly

"How it came to our land, and who first held it, are not things I know. I can consult our historian Datsue for their remembrances," I offered, wincing at the heart-wrenching thought that we may not have many historians left. "What about you? What histories have your cultures attached to the tsurugi?"

• Like 1

The Skakdi was crouched, her back still pressed to the cover the remembered rock provided. She was clutching her blade to her chest as if it was the only thing keeping her alive.

He hurt us.

No more.

He’s dead.

No more.

He hurt me.

No more.

He’s dead.

Because he hurt me.

Suddenly, Rhow sprang back to her feet, then spun on her heels. With a bestial roar and her blade raised high, she hurled herself past Yukie and through the veil of petals. 

When the Menti caught up to her, the Skakdi was in the middle of a pitched duel with what looked like three or four other Skakdi fused into one. Several heads and spines whirled, half obscured by the mist still, while  Rhow hacked and slashed at them. It was hard to make out the details in the chaotic movements.

Then, Rhow managed to grab a hold of the central spine with her left. She yanked back as hard as she could, continuously bellowing with rage. Then, her blade flashed, and the monstrous memory collapsed like a puppet with cut strings. Rhow dropped the carcass - which dissolved back into the mist and was left standing on shaky knees, panting.

Yukie noticed they were no longer on the coast. They were now inside somewhere. A room with a roughly carved stone floor that rose at the center, still spattered with the signs of the fight that had just happened. Atop the raised section he saw…well, not a throne - there was nothing remotely regal about it - but it definitely was a seat of authority of some kind.

Limping, Rhow ascended the steps, then slumped into the chair. In the smoke and mist swirling around them, more Skakdi silhouettes appeared, but did not approach further. Rhow looked at Yukie with tired eyes. There was uncertainty in the expression. Doubt. 

-----

Tsu-ru-gi.” Leah echoed Yumiwa’s word for the sword. It felt unfamiliar to her mouth and Yumiwa could tell by the awkward pronunciation.

“I’m afraid the parallels continue. I know little about the sword or it’s original owner - but as far as my people are concerned: It was given to, wielded by and survived Makuta’s favored servant - Heuani. In his hands it brought death and destruction to our villages. Until Toa Joske stopped him. After that…it’s path becomes unclear. As far as I know Joske kept possession of it - until his death.”

She paused for a beat, expression visibly pained. “He was…the Maru’s vanguard. I don’t know who took up the blade afterwards, or if it remains in the Mangaia.”

The Toa Maru glanced out to sea for a moment, finding her focus again. “Your uncle…is he here?”

OOC: @Mel @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

Tsu-ru-gi.” Leah echoed Yumiwa’s word for the sword.

I could feel the awkwardness in her torturous atempt. "Very good," I lauded, more for the toa's effort than her butchered pronunciation, then explained, "it's what we call such a straight-bladed sword."

“I’m afraid the parallels continue. I know little about the sword or it’s original owner - but as far as my people are concerned: It was given to, wielded by and survived Makuta’s favored servant - Heuani. In his hands it brought death and destruction to our villages. Until Toa Joske stopped him. After that…it’s path becomes unclear. As far as I know Joske kept possession of it - until his death.” She paused for a beat, expression visibly pained. “He was… the Maru’s vanguard. I don’t know who took up the blade afterwards, or if it remains in the Mangaia.”

How odd it was that this purported group of six toa, of which Leah Maru belonged, all had the same name despite coming from distinctly different families, I thought. Perhaps it was a fashion of camaraderie to refer to themselves as a singular, a form of demonstrable unity. In a sense it was inspiring to me, and I wondered who this Maru person was they all fashioned themselves after, but before I could turn that stray thought into a question to sate my own curiosity she asked me about my own family. 

The toa glanced out to sea for a moment and said, “Your uncle… is he here?”

I joined her in looking out over the azure horizon, though with fundamentally different intentions from hers. Whereas she gazed there and found her focus, I easily lost myself in the far off seas. Water was her elemental home, but for me it was a long and anguished passage. "No, Lady Toa," I said, and grasped the railing tightly. "My uncle is somewhere out there, back on Sado. I need to hope so—he's the last Umbraline at home.

A tear slithered down my cheek as I thought of my uncle left on the far side of the world where I hoped my appeals to Zuto Nui were heard. It was an equal exchange with the toa—I could sense her feelings as they dwelled in her head but now she could sense my own as it congealed to a rivulet of water and slid off my chin. And then I beat back the feelings and looked at Maru.

"Whatever investigations we do will have to be here."

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

Pradhai chuckled again, with the knowing rasp that age had given her.  “Oh, I see word has gotten around has it?  Are you intending to come with us, dearie?  Tell me, have they managed to track down one of those crab carts yet?”

Pradhai had grabbed jungle life with confidence, and she wasn’t going to let a little snow stop her now.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Geardirector @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

IC:

Yukie again focused on solidifying his dream form—he still could not make it akin to his real flesh and blood.  Perhaps that was blessing, but he couldn’t help but wonder how he looked to Rhow—some crystal specter that spoke with a voice of a thousand ringing glass bells?

He walked up the stairs to the throne, and gently as he could without the sensations that his physical body gave him, took Rhow’s hand in his own.

::The battle is over, Rhow.  You no longer need to run—it is time to rest.  Rest and consider what you want.::

Edited by Mel
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC (Korero) [Cael's Hut, Ga-Koro]

The quiet conversation of Cael's hut was rudely interrupted by an urgent knocking (hammering might be a more accurate term) at the door.

Outside waited a decidedly jumpy-looking Toa Maru of Air, shifting his weight from the ball of one foot to the other in tiny rapid movements, in a futile attempt to diffuse away some of the nervous energy currently coursing through his limbs as he waited for someone to answer.

OOC: @Eyru @Vezok's Friend @Palm @otter

• Like 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png