BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

IC Kanohi - Ga-Wahi - Ga-Koro

When it became that Hakari was more exhausted than injured, and that Lapu had been more disoriented than hurt, Kanohi relaxed. The Fe-Matoran still offered both of them his hands if they needed support standing, though in truth Matoran of Iron were known for their inventiveness and their endurance, strength was not his greatest aspect. 

The short vigilante also took in the city. Ga-Koro like Le-Koro felt like it was in between eras, the old huts and lily pad platforms still clung here, but now there was better manufacturing, metal and composite wood was not uncommon, and faintly he could see the greenhouses if the village beneath the sea.

That was another point. From what Kanohi understood of the industrialization of the island, Ga-Koro was becoming the pharmaceutical center of the island, the greenhouses used to grow rare plants to synthesis into medication. And if there was such advanced medicine here, maybe he could get something to help his vocal processor. The damage was mostly from smoke, heat, and ash, maybe the people of the Village of Water would have something to soothe his throat so he could speak again.

Aurax’s corpse would come first though. His carcass mattered more than Kanohi’s voice ever could. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly 

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

On 4/30/2022 at 10:36 PM, otter said:

IC:

"Oh dear," I whispered, seeing the reply that came Skyra's way. And then Krayn's willingness to leave the two to the care of Dehkaz. Certainly, Dehkaz could handle Skyra losing her mind, but I don't know how well he could manage to wrest it out of this refugee's grasp, whether she decided to claim it intentionally or not.

"Well, depending on how this goes, I might at least have someone who I can have bully Skyra into taking care of herself."

IC:

Sato's embarassed expression remained as she intentionally made sure not to let one of relief take its place. "Not at all," she said without much thought to the matter. "I don't know how much it might inconvenience you having me so near your grandmother, though. I doubt she remembers me at all, but her opinions and both of our skill sets..."

OOC: @Krayzikk@Snelly@Lady Takanuva

IC:

"I wouldn't be too confident. But maybe." Krayn shrugged, then grimaced. He massaged his shoulder slightly, focusing ultrasonic vibrations into the underlying tissue. "Do you happen to remember how to find Ga-Koro's courier office from here?"

IC:

"I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm only worried about her meeting a native."

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Lash – Naho Bay

The boat wasn’t much to look at. It was probably worth even less than what she’d paid for it… but it was all Lash had been able to afford, so it would have to suffice.

At least it wasn’t leaking.

It was large enough to accommodate two larger beings, with one ragged sail, and a single pair of splintering oars. Its hull was a barnacle-encrusted mosaic of patches, and its paint was pale and peeling, flaking away to scatter like snow in the water or the bay.

It was a poor investment to be sure, but Lash wasn’t planning to hold onto it for the long term.

She only needed it to hold together for a single journey.

She tossed her bag of supplies and belongings up the front of the boat and sat down, instructing Breathless to do the same as she took up the oars and began to row. She’d thought about trying to teach the Rahkshi how to row instead, but she didn’t want to spend any more time lingering here than she had to. Besides, Breathless would be doing plenty of work once they were further away from the bay, putting a little extra wind in their sail as they set course for Ostia.

OOC: Lash to Po-Wahi.

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

IC: Karoru, The Grand Tour

Training overtaking her, and wanting to make up for a poor first impression, Karoru brought her boot heels crashing together and sharpened her salute. As she did so, she heard someone speaking to her from behind

Turning about-face, Karoru was surprised to see the Mata Nuian she had encountered at the coast.

"Marm," she said instinctively, then winced as she remembered the way the one accompanying Leah had spoken to her. 

"S-sorry… Leah. Zyla reckons so, but apparently my presence was causing more distraction than assistance, so we split ways at a restaurant."

Karoru was horrible with names, and was terrified she had gotten it wrong. Names slipped through her mind like water through a sieve.

Except Skyra's name, which was taking up a distractingly large portion of the warrior's available brainspace at the moment.

Looking between the three apparent friends and feeling uncomfortably like a spare wheel, Karoru stepped back a bit and mumbled "A-apologies, I'll stay out of your ways. Miss Daring, I'm ready for the tour of the ship whenever you are."

Some small seed of determination in her stomach had chafed at the implication that she might be seen as not fit to be part of the crew, so she added against her better judgement "That way I can prove to you what an asset I could be as part of your crew."

OOC: @Snelly  @Vezok's Friend @Silvan Haven @otter @sunflower

• Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

Posted (edited)

IC: Hakari - Ga-Koro -

Hakari slowly stood up after she finished recovering from her sprint. "Whew! Okay, we're here at Ga-koro! Where to now?" She looked at Kanohi, it wasn't like she had a clue where they should head now that they were here in the koro of lily pads and water. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Harvali

IC: Skyra Daring - Ga-koro -

Oi, Skyra!”

Well that sounded familiar.

“If I catch Destiny raiding the crab-traps again I swear I’m gonna make you fish for replacements until you’re as blue as me!”

Mmmm yep, definitely knew that voice. I turned my head to glance at the Maru. Leah was someone who I knew from work, well my former work in the Gukko Force. We'd both changed quite a bit since then. Leah was now one of the Toa Maru, and I was a chick. Funny how things change. 

"Oh hey Leah, what is it like being blue anyway?" It did cross my mind to ask Leah something a bit more serious, like whatever she knew about Makuta's return and stuff like that. But the middle of the dock out in the open didn't seem like the appropriate place to ask such things.

Besides, I was with company, company that I owed a tour to. It also seemed that Karoru knew Leah. Perfect, there was no need for introductions then. 

"A-apologies, I'll stay out of your ways. Miss Daring, I'm ready for the tour of the ship whenever you are." 

Karoru calling me Miss Daring caught me off guard. I still wasn't completely used to certain things. Not that I hated it. 

"That way I can prove to you what an asset I could be as part of your crew."

"Well, I'm sure you'll prove more than capable." I wasn't just saying that either. I wasn't familiar with what sort of powers these Menti had, but from the look of Karoru she seemed like she could hold her own in a fight. "But anyway, I suppose we should head to the ship then yeah? We'll just uhhhhhhhhh..." I just realized I would not be able to grapple back to the ship when I had to take Karoru with me. I eyed one of the skiffs that the others had used to get to the docks and simply leaped off the dock onto it. 

After stabilizing myself on the now rocking skiff I turned to look at Karoru with a grin. "Hop on and we'll get going." 

@Lady Takanuva @sunflower @otter @Krayzikk @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

IC, Eita: The Great Takea

“Yeah, you know what, today it’s fine. But Ta-Koro’s where you wanna be if smithing is your thing. Their old elder decided it was a good idea to set up shop inside a volcano. 

"Oh, th-thank you!" Eita stuttered as the woman began walking away, clearly distracted with another proprietor. Ta-Koro, huh? I'll have to look into it after I take care of this migraine problem... the Dashi mused to himself.

Before he returned to his new companions, he approached the greyish Toa that had announced themselves earlier. "'Scuse me," he said, "You said you want to help the Matoran? Well, my group and I..." he gestured to the others, "are going to search for something called a Miracle Cactus. I think it would be good if we had someone like you to join us, in case we run into trouble that requires the touch of someone with elemental powers. Would you be interested?"

OOC: @Rahisaurus time for Timak to join us!

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 7:01 AM, ~Xemnas~ said:

Before he returned to his new companions, he approached the greyish Toa that had announced themselves earlier. "'Scuse me," he said, "You said you want to help the Matoran? Well, my group and I..." he gestured to the others, "are going to search for something called a Miracle Cactus. I think it would be good if we had someone like you to join us, in case we run into trouble that requires the touch of someone with elemental powers. Would you be interested?"

IC:  Kimala - Great Takea

The Toa of Crystal couldn't help but overhear the offer made to Timak. Okay, she could have helped, but to be honest, she found Timak's attitude incredibly endearing, and had kept an eye on them while they were in the building. She wasn't one for heroics anymore, but she was a teacher, and the idea of teaching a newly minted Toa was appealing.

From the little she knew about the newcomer- Timak, that was. There were many newcomers in Ga-Koro these days- they would take this offer up without hesitation. She stayed nearby to offer to accompany them.

1133507993_signaturepic.thumb.png.df995afe5e05080fb97662465b67b728.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Posted (edited)

[IC: Timak, the Great Takea]

On 5/13/2022 at 6:01 AM, ~Xemnas~ said:

Timak sat up, turning towards the voice of Eita. Finally, a chance to prove themself!
"Wow!" they said, "I was so sure I had just condemned myself to a lifetime of ridicule for that introduction... Of course I'll help! I am still trying to work out why I'm even on this island, so maybe I'll find out on the way.."

a pause.

"As for elemental powers, I can control Sonics!" 
They leaned over the bar, reaching a lanky arm around, and pulled out the closest sealed drink receptacle they could reach. They held it in front of them proudly. "Watch this!"

A hum sounded from the bottle/can/whatever it was, as it began to vibrate, and slowly buckle outwards, before exploding with a loud fizzy POP.

ooc: @~Xemnas~

Edited by Rahisaurus

IC: Kimala - The Great Takea @Xemnas@Rahisaurus

The Toa of Crystal observed with a faint smile, then took the chance to approach when the deal was sealed. "If you don't mind, I would be happy to go with you too," she offered. "Kimala, Toa of Crystal," she presented herself, bowing slightly toward the newcomer. "Timak and I are acquainted."

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

On 4/24/2022 at 9:17 PM, oncertainty said:

IC: Aeragot - Bridge of the Chiisai Ryuu

Aeragot almost chuckled. The Lieutenant could say whatever she wanted to make her feel like she was the reasonable one here; that weapon had to be lethal, and she was all too happy to use it. And come on, telling Rudra that if you could act under your own laws this would be a capital offense? This wasn't a war. Some people just did not understand the lighter touch.

A keen observer could have read this on his face, if he hadn't covered three-quarters of it with his hand. He rubbed his forehead. The gesture wasn't utilitarian: he was starting to feel it in his skull.

Despite himself, he felt that this was good news. Seemed like she was losing a little of the belligerence. If it was replaced with thinking he was some kind of fool, well, he would take that. It seemed like they could agree on something at least.

Aeragot liked Rudra. It would be hard not to feel a little sympathy, when you understood monomania the way he did. He wasn't a miracle worker though: Rudra being passed over to the Koro's forces might be the best he could do.

"Look pal, I meant what I said. I like to think I know something about people. This isn't going to look good for you with either of those options. But hey, your own head be on it. If we can all walk out of here—emphasis on the walk—well, I don't think I can do much better."

OOC: @Ghosthands @Razgriz @Vezok's Friend

IC: Rudra, 小さい竜 (Chiisai Ryuu) Bridge

Hey, what the karz happened in here? Yeesh, all the dust— you really didn't go and check on this idiot once in three months?

Alright, alright. Fine. We'll get back on script, we're under contract for screentime and deadlines are comin' up.

Stations, everyone! We got people waiting!

And for Pete's sake, somebody hit the lights!

CLICK!

The Vo-Toa returned to the waking world, none the wiser of the infinite distance between moments that he'd spent beyond it.

He stayed silent, eyes carefully darting between the three who'd hit the little Le-Koronan Standoff in the control room with him as Aeragot, true to his nature as a Real One Sent By The Spirit, valiantly stepped up to bat for his (future) boss even in the face of the cracking, hissing whip of energy at their fronts, and whatever the karz the second lady had waiting for them at her backs (he remembered her hand going to her hip for a minute there. If their weapons could become invisible, he was gonna complain the whole way up to the pearly gates when they were drawn and he didn't see it.)

But, really, not to beleaguer the point, he was proud of the guy. Coming onto the ship and talking the Leff-tennant down from the warpath was no mean feat on its own, especially for the sake of some man he'd never met. It told Rudra plenty about his character— a smart, reasonable, logical guy with a good heart to match the good head on his shoulders. Doubtlessly worthy of praise. He took action. He was sharp, quick on the uptake. He knew his way around a conversation. All excellent skills that'd serve him well...

With a hissing, then heaving sigh, the thief's hands lost their fulminated luster, palms opening as they rose.

...Outside of Rudra's plans.

He fought to plaster a smile atop his grimace as he favored the Onu-Toa. "I get the picture, kid. I'll give." a weary voice reeded out, raggedly going with the flow.

(Never minding the fact that they were more than likely close to the same age.)

For the first time today, something'd actually hurt to do. In case things weren't clear— he definitely didn't have it out for his compatriot. More than anything, he wanted to mold the kid into the stud of a partner-in-crime he knew he could be, in another life... But as the man had made his defense, pitting a silver tongue against the acrid words of the Dasaka, things forced themselves into stark contrast as the conversation had turned, and his fatal flaw had exposed itself.

While the hands rose, his shoulders sagged.

Aeragot lacked vision. Faith.

He couldn't begrudge him, not when he'd proven so valuable and so agreeable, but all the same, he was advocating for acquiescence. To turn tail and be walked like a dog down to the authorities, because the odds were safer there. He probably didn't see it that specific way, and probably wouldn't say it that way, but that was what his proposal had meant. 

He didn't believe it was possible. Not when the chips were down.

Therefore, there wasn't any room on the boat for him in the plans Rudra'd drawn up. Whether you were navy, a pirate, or a thief on a caper, you needed underlings with both skills and a willingness to put their chips on your bet. One or the other was never gonna work out. You needed fellas who understood the plan—

And Rudra's was to win.

Far be it from him to sour a good relationship over something so pithy as that, though. It wasn't like he'd had any idea that Rudra had the Spirit on his side all day.

"Favor for a favor. I like squaring my debts. Get outta here."

He pinned Tazera with a steely glare, even as his hands inched higher in the universal gesture of surrender.

"I said I give, but he gets to dip out now, hear me? You both heard the fella say he didn't want in— straight up shot my ****** down. No reason to arrest."

You know... he could probably seal it.

"Or's that justice of yours you keep yelling my head off about say a peaceful third party don't get the privilege? That one in the honor code?"

Just get the man off the ship. I'll comply. Cuff me.

Edited by Razgriz
Submarine Merchant ENTERS THE METAVERSE
  • Like 5

helo frens

IC: Nara, The Great Takea

Several hours had drained the spirits from Nara's system. 

Feeling more level-headed now and a little embarrassed about her earlier actions, she looked to the newcomers.

They were quite the group, ranging from the small, gentle-looking grey-and-magenta figure of Timak to the far more attention-drawing purple and teal crystalline Toa Kimala.

Reaching out a hand to the nearest of them, Timak, she smiled graciously.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Nara."

OOC: @Rahisaurus @ARROW404 @Xemnas

• Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Nale - Ga-Koro - Great Takea

Nale looked up from her drink, the effects of it seeming to wear off finally. How long had they been here, anyhow?

“Oh,” she said, realizing people were introducing themselves to eachother. Nale supposed she should do that, too. The Fa-Matoran sat up straighter. “Hello, I’m Nale. Nara and Eita’s friend.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva@Rahisaurus@ARROW404

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 5/16/2022 at 7:10 AM, ARROW404 said:

"Kimala, Toa of Crystal," she presented herself, bowing slightly toward the newcomer. "Timak and I are acquainted."

4 hours ago, Lady Takanuva said:

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Nara."

OOC: @Rahisaurus @ARROW404 @Xemnas

17 minutes ago, Tarn said:

“Hello, I’m Nale. Nara and Eita’s friend.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva@Rahisaurus@ARROW404

Timak greeted the three of them, smiling.
"Wow! Maybe I should explode cans more often if it gets me friends this quickly." they said with a playful smirk. "Kimala I recognise, of course. Nice to meet you again after losing you at the Akiri's hut. Is she still staring at that Rahkshi corpse?"

Turning to Nara and Nale, they took each of their hands and shook gently. "The pleasure is mine, friends. I'm Timak."

"I hope I can be of use to your team, but as Kimala knows, I'm very much new to the Toa game. But - " they drew their twin-bladed vibrosword and gave it a thrumming flair of sonic energy - "I am itching to see what this can really do in a fight. Of course, on the other hand... I hope we don't need to."

@Tarn @Lady Takanuva @ARROW404 @~Xemnas~

Edited by Rahisaurus

IC: Dehkaz [Ga-Koro Docks]

At the shout Dehkaz turned, looking off past the foriegn warrior and down the dockside in the direction of the voice, unfamiliar at first. It was then that he caught sight of Leah as she approached.

Maru Leah,” The Captain nodded in greeting to the village's protector as she reached them. He paused for a moment as their crew’s newest potential recruit and Skyra conversed with the new arrival, before turning to address Leah himself as the latter two departed for the ironclad moored out in the harbor beyond.

Seems we’re not the only ones paying Ga-Koro a visit,” Dehkaz commented, indicating the span across the wharf behind them where the multitude of crystalline ships were docked with a flourish of his hand. His tone turned questioning partway through, which was tinged with a more solemn timbre, “What happened to them? This certainly isn’t some diplomatic entourage, not unless it’s customary for them to send an entire Koro’s worth of shipping along with.

@Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Kimala - Great Takea @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva@Rahisaurus@Tarn

Kimala bowed lightly in greeting as another introduced herself. Nale, Eita, and... N... Nara. She tried to commit them to memory with a quick mnemonic device. The girls are Na-Na. Nara has a Ruru. Nale was Last to be introduced, but not Least. Eita... She had trouble coming up with one for Eita. The fact all three were blue made it hard. They also all had two-syllable names. Eita, Eita... Eita with a katana? It would have to do. Ey you with the katana!

A little more likely to remember their names now, she responded to Timak's question. "No no, but she was absolutely swamped, so I left as soon as I told her what happened." She nodded as he finished his introduction, then added a little on to her own. "I, on the other hand, have been a Toa for a long time. Though I don't fight much anymore. I was thinking this would be a good opportunity to teach Timak, as well as offer more help to the island's newcomers. You said you were looking for a 'miracle cactus'?"

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Eita nodded to the other Toa that approached. "Nice to meet you as well, Kimala. And yes, that's what we are planning. We have a basic idea of where to find one, but I think having as many hands as possible would make the search easier."

OOC: @Lady Takanuva @BBBBalta @Rahisaurus @ARROW404 @Tarn

• Like 2