BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

On 1/23/2023 at 5:33 PM, BULiK said:

IC: Myhruk [Beach Outpost, Fowadi]

Paying no heed to any others during his route from the main deck, the squinting vigilante successfully discovered the location of the captains quarters (how predictable!) and opened the door. Well, he would have opened the door if the handle had budged at all. Now he was irritated. He knocked on it, waited a few seconds, then knocked louder.

IC: Myhruk [Beach Outpost, Fowadi]

During the second knock, something clicked (or perhaps snapped) in the dazed Lesterin. The hollow ring lingered in his audio receptors, the ever so slight give of the joints and the fibers within. He realized that his calloused knuckles had rapped against a wall and a tree simultaneously. His fist did not remove itself from the door. It rotated downwards to give more direct contact. The amateur pressed deep into the door, and saw through it. He visualized the path, both back, and beyond.

A step back. Boots creaked planks. Loose sand particles ground against the wood in a pleasantly resistant slide. The stop was firm. He saw the path. His center was ready.

Sharp inhale.

Ash grey fists tightened as they rose. A squeeze before a light release of pressure. Find the path.

D e e p e x h a l e.

Left would be first. Start simple. Never let the basics slip. It was a test, but the target... live fire always had its own spike of pressure.

Hold. Leave the slack until it was time... prime for the motion...

EXHALE!

The ankle shifted so the hip could rotate, bringing the shoulder's weight behind the twisting arm's extension. Various vectors aligning to give force to a common path. It was less performing a sequence of motions as much as it was playing a chord of biochemistry. Signals to each joint at the right time, each playing their part as the overall strum progressed, until all that was left was the resonance of the vibrating door.

The discordant note hung in the air for a moment, even as contact was broken and stance was reset. Test complete. The dabbler was intrigued.

The captain's quarters remained sealed to the interloper, but this was not fruitless - a lesson was learned. An experience had.

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

Krayn's hand on his back was a comforting weight, and Rynekk's smile grew evermore genuine at the knowledge that his faux-pas had gone unnoticed. He let him lead the way towards the gangplank and the bustle of the Rehu docks. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Ember off a ways on the deck, waving, and he matched it with his own -- although he ended his wave with a sharp drawing of the fingers towards the palm, a quick gesture of invitation that he nonetheless knew her sailor eyes would catch easily in the crowd.

"What can I say? Ko-Koro knows how to feed its heroes," he said, turning his attention back to Krayn. "And the Sanctum Guard needed some trainers to help out with the new recruits, so I was kept active enough. Good to keep the ennui at bay during sick leave, too, not to mention. But, er, what about you? I heard about...."

Rynekk paused, hesitated, tried to find the right words. His sister, Plagia, had always claimed to have neglected her studies in eloquence in favour of pure pugilism; a claim which he had always resented. She had an easy, straight-shooting charm about her that drew the right words to her like a fundamental force, while Rynekk was too often left struggling for a response half as good. By the Spirit, how does one bring up a near-death experience tactfully? He found himself almost relieved when he saw Commander Daring -- another woman of effortless conversation -- whirlwind her way across the crowded deck towards the two of them.

"...well, you gave me a Karzin' fright, I'll tell you that much, Krayn," he said finally, the fingers of one hand touching the brim of his hat lightly, but just enough to hide his eyes from his taller friend. "I hope you're feeling better, I really do. And I wish I could've been around more, but--"

But what? Fortunately, he was saved from having to answer that: Daring was already there, as well as Luten, and a third figure whom Rynekk had never met before. This one was a white-armoured Toa of Ice, as tall and broad as anyone who had made the Fowadi their home. With a longsword at his hip and a shield over his back, along with knicks in the armour and scores in the flesh to last a lifetime, this fellow was a veteran of a fair few battles. A mercenary, Rynekk supposed, considering the lack of insignias; and not an inconspicuous one, for he was also wearing two of the shiniest golden pauldrons that Rynekk had ever seen. If he hadn't already lowered the brim of his hat, he would've needed to right about then. He gave him a brief, but friendly nod.

"Karz, Commander, Luten, no need to sneak up on a guy like that!" he said, chuckling good-heartedly. "Seems that it's Krayn's call overall who comes on this trip, and-- hey, who's that trying to break down Dehkaz's door?"

OOC: @Krayzikk@Perp@Emzee@The UltimoScorp@BULiK@Snelly

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [Ta-Wahi Port, The Fowadi (Talli)]
Breakfast was a simple affair—a porridge made of the rice left over from last night’s feast.   Fresh fruit and honey with those with a taste for the sweet, fish flakes for those that preferred savory.   Talli and the rest of the galley workers were let off for the day—it seemed that the Fowadi’s crew would avail themselves of their afternoon meal in Ta-koro.

Talli supposed she should join them.

She wrinkled her nose against the smell of rotten eggs and cinder that cut through the sea air.   The deck already a thin coating of ash, and Talli left barely visible footprints as she walked towards the gangway.   She’d heard of the tall toa of ice from the other crew members, apparently the mercenary with a name unfortunately very similar to the old man of shadows was of the habit of treating their boat like a floating hotel.   She took the opportunity to make a rude gesture at his shiny-pauldroned back when it was turned.

There was quite a crowd around the gangway—all of these toa evidently knew each other.   Talli slipped by them, heading toward the ramp and—

Wait.

Why was there a tiny person on the railing?

Talli stared openly.

OOC: @The UltimoScorp and anyone else conveniently around, spare a girl a crumb of interaction

Edited by Mel
  • Like 4

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Kale Ironshaper - Docks - Fowadi

IC: One nice thing about being part of the Aggressors was that they were always on the move. Always heading off to deal with some new spot of trouble. It helped him to feel like his life had a purpose. In this particular instance it got Kale out of Ga-koro before he had to explain to the Marines why the latest crisis was not the fault of his ship. The koro was pleasant enough but it seemed like something was always trying to blow it up whenever they happened to be in port.

Which all meant that Kale was rather happy to be arriving at Ta-koro's modest dock. It wasn't nearly as large or sophisticated as Ga-koro's facilities had been. They didn't need that however. A short supply stop and a chance for the crew to say hello to anyone they knew inside of the semi-active volcano that threateningly spewed dark clouds of smoke and took up most of the horizon. The glint of sunlight off of the crystalline ships brought back another memory. The bright light of the noon day sun shining on oddly well maintained chainmail as the Infernavika swept past their port side. Disks, elemental attacks, and sometimes people flying between the two ships.

This was where he had first met the storied pirate vessel. A ship they they were now allied with. Technically speaking...if you didn't look too hard and were far enough away at the time. They no longer fired on each other upon seeing the other sail into port at least. Things changed slowly but change they did.

A volcanic breeze fluttered the trailing edge of his longcoat as the young man stepped up onto the deck. One last minute check of their stores in order to determine just what they would need to stock up on before heading off once more. They may of had a real quartermaster now but old habits died hard. His musings were disturbed by the sound of a fist impacting wood nearby. it didn't sound like someone was trying to break through said wood but that had not been a light impact either. Emerald eyes darted towards the source of the sound and a frown creased his mask.

The sounds of metal feet on solid wood joined the rest of the commotion on deck as Kale made his way over to where one of their passengers was apparently trying to punch his way into the Captain's quarters.

"if you break that I'm going to add the repair cost to your fee for this trip."

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 4

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Hooooo.

"Skyra. Ember." Take a few months off and you forget some things. Like how noisy things can get and how fast. One hand went up and slowly, deliberately clicked the dial over his ear down several notches. Then he glanced at the diminutive figure on the railing. "Not really up to me, Luten. Have to take it up with Kale. Everybody else can probably come, if they want."

"Now, what can I do for you?" Krayn said just a little louder, recognizing the intent behind the Ko-Toa's approach. Whatever he wanted Krayn had something to do with it. "I don't think we've met."

@Void Emissary@Snelly@Emzee@The UltimoScorp

• Like 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

23 hours ago, Void Emissary said:

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Seems that it's Krayn's call overall who comes on this trip, and-- hey, who's that trying to break down Dehkaz's door?"

10 hours ago, Silvan Haven said:

IC:

The sounds of metal feet on solid wood joined the rest of the commotion on deck as Kale made his way over to where one of their passengers was apparently trying to punch his way into the Captain's quarters.

"if you break that I'm going to add the repair cost to your fee for this trip."

IC: Myhruk [Beach Outpost, Fowadi, Ready Room]

"I wasn't tryna break it," the Lesterin slowly enunciated as he swiveled towards the interruption, stance lowering. "- and that's a reason why."

A pair of Toa - stone and iron. Definitely military - but the first lacked the stripes and the other lacked the years to be whoever was running this shindig.

"Looking for who's in charge. Need a word."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Dehkaz [Ta-Wahi, Charred Forest]

From behind a thoughtful, if not overly attentive expressive Dehkaz watched the machination of the Toa’s mind tick through half-hearted responses and explanations with focused analysis. Highwind’s posture, his trailing tone; they weren’t entirely a result of how long the Fa-Toa had been working his craft-even if that was quite some time given the state of both his extremities as well as the dented trunk that stood before them. There was a weariness about him, not one borne of a struggle or exhaustion, but an underlying dissatisfaction. Stuck in a tedium and routine that he wasn't meant for.

Not supposed to be a bad problem for a Guard to have.

Dehkaz caught his opposite's gaze for a moment, and then looked to the damaged tree.

"Not a bad problem for a Guard to have," The captain echoed, returning his violet examination to Highwind. He let the statement hang for a moment, before continuing in a more reserved, thoughtful tone.

"Unfortunately for us, those moments don’t sit idly by while we recover."

"You don’t strike me as the kind to wait idly by for them to come knocking on Ta-Koro’s walls either, Highwind."

• Like 5

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Jolek [Ta-Wahi, Charred Forest]

"What else have I got?"

He didn't, to his credit, flinch at his hollow words being thrown back in his face. As the blued giant continued, Jolek realized his suspicions to be true regarding that searching, searing gaze— everything Dehkaz had found, he'd found without much trouble. His simplicity was always gonna make things that way, as it stood— he saved his subterfuge for the craft, where it made sense. Maybe it spoke to that lack of stimulus— the stifling, encaging manner in which the monotony had eaten away at him. A setting this regimented only served to wear what personality he'd forged from before down, a man of the jungle now tamed and homogenized. What was there within that to hide yourself behind?

Karz, what was even worth hiding to spare it to begin with?

If the world was content to pass him by as he waited (and this Khyrilik figure was effectively correct, 'waiting' was what this boiled down to), then it'd be on him to find a way to start moving. A man couldn't stop the passage of time— he could only move within its flow. He was bending over backwards against the current... for what?

A threat that hadn't materialized? Pointless.

A duty to the city? He'd done more working yesterday's bounty.

A favor to a friend?

That was the only one.

The only one that had any real truth to it. Those Skakdi he wanted to mangle had found themselves troubled enough by a response of half the strength the Guard could muster now. Ta-Koro had been a place he'd called home, squatting in the house of his adoptive family post-reunion... But even they had left it, well ahead of him, on one last adventure. His father had, to hear the man himself tell it, been a persona non grata here for ages beforehand anyway. Were that the tie, it felt every bit as flimsy.

No.

The only one he cared for was the favor to his "boss", a friend cut from the same cloth and only further locked within the bowels of the machine. Angelus was a good, kind, and strong man. Probably the only one in Ta-Koro who could pierce the firmament of their shared experiences. The only one Jolek knew, on a primal level, how to talk to. A Jungle Boy to the bone... and now as the Guard's head, a caged Muaka. Locked in an office for dozens of hours to administrate and oversee, filing away mountains of paperwork and fending off interior politics and all sorts of nonsense that all the protocol and followups and institution had laid upon his shoulders and—

The field work isn't doing me any better.

...We barely see eachother any more, and when we do,

I feel sorry for him.

Highwind's eyes narrowed, brows drawing together in a disquieted knot. Forget any notion of concealing his thoughts from Dehkaz— it was like the larger Toa wasn't there.

... And there's only more of what he has the longer I stay. At some point, tenure moves me up, and everything gets more formalized and sterile.

Would he want that for me? Knowing where we're from?

What the Guard stood for, in its ideal vision, was defending the people for evil. If it was that, just that... he'd be fine. He really thought he would.

Go out and knock the right skulls, no questions asked?

Yeah.

Jump into burning buildings to pry old Turaga out of the flames, incident report be carked?

Sure.

Teach some poor kid getting picked on a solid one-two and a kick to the ribs, instead of passively handing out flyers to the parents?

Hundred percent.

But that didn't exist here. Not in the mechanics of the force. The formalities had their purpose, he knew that they did, but...

Looking at who the people he was supposed to be like felt nothing like who he was.

When he barely considered himself anything at all to begin with...

No. No, no, no, no, no, no.

This was the unexamined life. Every inch of scrutiny was external. It didn't matter who you were or how you thought, because we already know the most effective way to approach these things. It keeps us running smooth.

You can get with the program, or leave it. We can't have renegades going around and messing with the systems we have, because that'll make it more of a mess.

You don't have to do this. You signed on.

...There were good guys in the guard, that knew how to do the right thing the right way within the right rules and meant it with all their being. Examples of those who you were supposed to be, who thrived in the environment. Often, he'd compared them with the Toa he saw in the mirror, each bleary morning.

But that wasn't gonna work.

Not here.

He had left the jungle to learn who he was, at the core. Grow his strength, hone his art, prepare for a rematch in a ten-thousand strong series of spars, yes...

But he would never do so without becoming real. Owning himself, owning his moments as they came, owning every thought and sense and action. Owning a memory. Owning a mark. Owning a story, just like dear old Dad's. He was to move, and move forward.

In taking on this image of predetermined discipline, to prepare for an unbrewed siege, in service of a place he'd always meant to leave... He found himself stuck. His mind had screamed it at him for ages. He was walking a path traveled by a thousand loyal soldiers with entire lives behind and ahead of them... a path not his own. All that this supposition of purpose had entailed, that he had foisted onto himself thoughtlessly?

It just didn't mix. 

Jolek had never known who he was... but he couldn't keep ignoring that this was who he wasn't. In letting the mind stick and the body sink, he was killing the meager, meager soul.

If he did any more, he was giving up forever.

Edited by Razgriz
"The heart of Emptiness is in the absence of anything with form and the inability to have knowledge thereof. This I see as Emptiness. Emptiness, of course, is nothingness. Knowing the existent, you know the nonexistent. This, exactly, is Emptiness."
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

On 1/25/2023 at 7:41 PM, Krayzikk said:

"Now, what can I do for you?" Krayn said just a little louder, recognizing the intent behind the Ko-Toa's approach. Whatever he wanted Krayn had something to do with it. "I don't think we've met."

IC: Makua — Deck of the Fowadi — Ta-Wahi Coast

“Makua Kodin. Glad to make your acquaintance,” the sellsword said before asking the officer’s name in exchange.

“So Mr. Inzaka, you seem fairly well-connected to many of the protectors and travelers around this island. I happen to be a freelancer who’s looking for some new leads. Now, you may be well aware that a coalition of armies took out all the trash from Ko-Koro recently…”

As he spoke, Makua took stock of the new bodies that were now in this expanding group. It felt like everyone had somehow approached these two Fowadi crewmen at the same time. His survey of the newcomers paused briefly at the ebon and dark emerald Toa who looked like she had just finished a workout. Was she also part of the crew, or just a fellow guest? Makua hoped for the latter. He then saw a familiar-looking Ga-Matoran and... a tiny shapely humanoid form on the nearby railing that might've just talked. Miraculously, Makua was able to continue, finishing his query. 

“… and while I’ve heard other people’s claims about the Makuta cultists, but I wanted to see if any of you folks had a more final word on Echelon since then? Or the Piraka, Kohra, Eisen, Ronkshou, and Vidar, for that matter?”

It may have been roguishly needless to add Vidar’s name to that list, but Makua knew that Ronkshou and Vidar were often associated, for one reason or another. Perhaps overpreparing for Krayn’s assumed heightened perception or critical thinking, Makua tried to offcast any surmise that he knew of one’s fate any better than the other’s (at least for now).

The sellsword had once been told that both Vidar and Ronkshou had been killed by Joske Nimil at the Battle of Kini Nui. Discovering Vidar in the location he was in exposed such perjurious claims, leading to bitter doubts about the veracity of other rumors; if Vidar lived, Ronkshou’s continued existence followed (in Makua’s mind).

Perhaps once Makua had a better feel of Krayn Inzaka’s sensibilities, Makua would circle back to him with the truth of Vidar’s fate without reprisal from a strangely legalistic or sanctimonious disposition.

After Makua finished his question, his gaze wandered completely past the green and black Toa and back to the crystalline spirit on the railing. 

Is that thing moving?... Makua asked dumbly. 

OOC: @Snelly @Mel @Void Emissary @The UltimoScorp and other nearby folks

Edited by Emzee
grammar edits + learning moment with Luten
  • Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:

"You might say I'm aware of that coalition," Krayn said dryly. A twinge shot through his shoulder at the thought. And speaking of shoulders he wished he'd thought to have some kind of sun visor made when he got his ear protection, those pauldrons could work as mirrors. Was that really how his face looked these days? "Though some of those names weren't there. The Piraka didn't show tooth or spine. As for the rest..."

"Eisen, Kohra, and their band are in the wind. As far as anyone knows. Eisen fought Stannis but seems to have gotten away. I've been out of the loop for a bit but Toa Oreius was hospitalized last I knew. We're in Ta-Koro, the Akiri might know better. Echelon is dead." He held the sellsword's gaze as he said it, allowing the surety of his expression and voice to lend weight to the statement. "I haven't seen the body personally, but I heard it from the man who killed him. Everything he said lines up with other pieces I've heard and I trust his word."

"Vidar and Ronkshou are a bit of a throwback." A bit of humor crept back into his voice. "If they're alive they're keeping their noses clean. That little one, there, is Luten. She did move. She's... Well, she's Mr. Ironshaper's mask."

@Emzee@The UltimoScorp

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

On 1/25/2023 at 11:56 PM, BULiK said:

IC: Myhruk [Beach Outpost, Fowadi, Ready Room]

"I wasn't tryna break it," the Lesterin slowly enunciated as he swiveled towards the interruption, stance lowering. "- and that's a reason why."

A pair of Toa - stone and iron. Definitely military - but the first lacked the stripes and the other lacked the years to be whoever was running this shindig.

"Looking for who's in charge. Need a word."

IC: "Until the captain gets back from the koro, that's me. What do you need to say?"

The words weren't quite hostile. So far this passenger had been odd but not too loud. In fact Kale was pretty sure that the other man had spent as much time as possible passed out and clutching onto the nearest solid object. Which made his demanding an audience with Dehkaz a rather odd prospect to be sure. The Fowadi wasn't a passenger ship to be sure. The fact that the Lesterin had payed for passage was hardly going to get him a more comfortable berth for the duration of his stay.

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"She's... Well, she's Mr. Ironshaper's mask."

Talli squinted at the tiny person.   Now that the silver toa mentioned the figures identity, Lieutenant Ironshaper's mask was kind of wierdly lit up and transparent, and that was roughly the same kind of lit-up and transparent that this little person was.

Her councilor had wanted her to hang out with Toa to find out how down-to-earth and normal they war.

Maybe she picked the wrong ship.

The Matoran galley-worker walked off the ramp..maybe there would be some normal toa having lunch in Ta-koro.

OOC: Talli to Ta-koro, though she has obviously shorter legs than most of y'all.   Feel free to pick up on interactions.

• Like 2

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: Skyra Daring -  Fowadi, Ta-Wahi Coast, Rehu Cove  -

"Heyya Rynekk. No need to call me commander, I'm on...extended leave from the Gukko Force, possibly forever." I hadn't decided yet if I'd ever go back to the force, if I was honest. I was hardly ever in Le-koro these days as it was. 

My attention quickly became more focused on someone I wasn't familiar with, actually two different someones. First there was some Lesterin who was trying to get into the Commander's quarters for some reason, weird but okay. Then there was this Toa of Ice who had started speaking with Krayn....

"...what's with the golden shoulder pads? Compensating for something?" Wait...did I just say that out loud? Whoops.

"I mean uh...sup, I'm Skyra Daring. You say something about Vidar? F### that guy, never liked him." I had tried to kill the guy once, felt like a lifetime ago now. I was glad there had been no sign of him in a long time, hopefully he crawled into a hole and died.

@Emzee @Krayzikk @The UltimoScorp @BULiK @Mel @Void Emissary @Silvan Haven

• Like 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

5 minutes ago, Snelly said:

"...what's with the golden shoulder pads? Compensating for something?"

Talli couldn't help but let a giggle slip as she caught the end of the conversation.  Maybe she'd have to talk to Skyra at some point.

• Like 3

[BZPRPG Profiles]

42 minutes ago, Silvan Haven said:

IC: "Until the captain gets back from the koro, that's me. What do you need to say?"

IC: Myhruk

The Lesterin made an expression that could best be described as an eye roll that lacked eyes rolling.

"Where's this ship going, why are we in Ta?"

• Like 1

IC:

"Well, now, that little quip just made me look welcoming and friendly."

Rather than looking like I was melting, which was growing more and more likely to be the case as we approached Ta-Koro itself. The desert was bad enough.

How this new Ko-Toa was handling it as well as he seemed to, I had no idea at all. Rather than risk what remained of my sanity trying to contemplate it, I held out a small list I'd written up towards Skyra.

"Willing to help an old friend?"

Earlier chiding tone aside, I couldn't deny that feeding into her snark and sarcasm was always entertaining in some way.

OOC: @Snelly@Mel@Emzee@Krayzikk@Void Emissary@The UltimoScorpIgnore the doctor being in two places at once. It is fine. BZTime is just doing its thing.

• Like 4

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

3 minutes ago, BULiK said:

IC: Myhruk

The Lesterin made an expression that could best be described as an eye roll that lacked eyes rolling.

"Where's this ship going, why are we in Ta?"

IC: "We're stopping here to top off our supplies before we set off on a months long journey into the unknown. As well as one last stop for anyone that might want to leave or join the crew." There was a definite eyebrow raise in there this time. It seemed rather obvious that any vessel attempting such a trip would want to bring as many supplies as possible. The ocean was dangerous enough close to the shore. Very few people had ever gone beyond the horizen. Even fewer had made it back to tell the story.

• Like 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Skyra Daring -  Fowadi, Ta-Wahi Coast, Rehu Cove  -

"Hmm, how old we talking? Let me see that." I snatched the list from Praggos as I began to read. "Mmhmm...I see." I nodded to myself as I read what was basically a shopping list. Looked like medical supplies, books, was that alcohol discretely written in there? What a sneaky doctor...if Kale asked I'd just say it meant rubbing alcohol...or something like that. He'd totally buy that.

"You can count on me doc!" I gave him an extremely exaggerated thumbs up and a wink.

@otter

• Like 4

IC: Makua — Deck of the Fowadi — Ta-Wahi Coast

Makua had thought he’d seen it all. As a mercenary sent to the roughest, weirdest and often least known corners of Mata Nui, he had encountered Vortixx Bog Snake smugglers, Lesterin religious gang leaders, Turaga Ussal poachers, and all sorts of colorful characters.

But his time, starting when he entered Ga-Koro, had exposed what felt like a different dimension entirely. Dragons and crystal wearing women were locked in his memories, and now this the acting Commander’s mask had just taken residence in a nearby cell.

...what's with the golden shoulder pads? Compensating for something?

“Well, now, that little quip just made me look welcoming and friendly.”

The dialogue exchange bashed into Makua’s train of thought so hard that it would’ve taken a moment for him to comprehend what was said and respond. By then, the green and black armored woman who Makua noticed earlier had continued speaking.

I mean uh...sup, I'm Skyra Daring. You say something about Vidar? F### that guy, never liked him.

“I hated him myself. Makes us the same in my book!” Makua said.

“And these things…” Makua made a fist and rang his left pauldron, emitting a soft, but audible bell sound, “… are what separate me from your average weekday merc. Had ‘em forged the day after I was chosen as a Toa”

Makua was just about to enter his well-crafted and time-honored spiel (surely disarming whatever negs could come next) when Makua couldn't help but notice the newcomer. He appeared to be Toa of Ice like himself, but much worse for wear.

“I take it you don’t visit the lava fields much,” Makua said, trying to be uplifting. “I like to take a few trips here myself, challenge my system and what not. It pays dividends!”

Makua opened his arms as he spoke those last words, as if the ash and the heat were boons to him. Of course, he had only been standing out here for what, five minutes? Nevertheless, seeing how most Ko-Toa seemed to fare in this situation only served to help his confidence even more. It looked like the sweating Ko-Toa was sending the green and black-armored woman to shore for some procurement.

“Say, if we’re picking things up from town, I can help with that as well,” Makua said, “This place is like my second home. I know… some of the good spots. The ones that didn’t close up shop after the Piraka Raid, anyway”

OOC: @Snelly @otter

Edited by Emzee
moved dialogue parts around to be less messy
  • Like 5

IC:

I blinked, turning from Skyra over to the other Ko-Toa.

"You're not serious." And yet, it looked like he completely was. I couldn't even begin to process his offer to help with his other comment taking up so much space in the overwarm air.

"Skyra, is the heat just getting to me too much and making me hallucinate, or did he just say he likes coming here?"

OOC: @Emzee@Snelly

• Like 4

profiles i guess

"D-Dividends?" I blinked, it was one of those rare moments where I was absolutely speechless. Who even spoke like that?

Well, this guy was an absolute weirdo, he'd fit right in. I decided to ignore him for the moment and turned my attention to the distressed doctor. He looked like he was going to lose it. 

"I think he said something like that yeah. Though speaking of the heat, why don't we just combine our powers and make a cool breeze, eh?" I wasn't as bothered by the heat as Praggos but it was noticeably hot.

@otter@Emzee

Edited by Snelly
yeah
  • Like 5

IC:

"Now I've seen it all. You're actively suggesting working together with me, of your own will." Neverminding that she'd been the first to actually vouch for me back in Ko-Koro—which, while I doubt any of the others might have shot me or hamstrung me to keep me from being a problem, I think it did at least help keep me from getting tied up and drug along with them—it was still a bit of a shock.

Not as much as that other guy, though.

Of course, a cool breeze was tempting. Sure, I could just spend some energy to cool the air down around me in general, but a breeze seemed more attractive and comfortable than just slightly cooler air that would only heat up again rapidly. "Start blowing whenever you feel like. I'll keep it cool."

Knowing Skyra, I probably could've chosen my words a bit more carefully.

OOC: @Snelly@Emzee

• Like 4

profiles i guess

I slowly turned my head to look at Praggos, unable to help the smirk growing on my face. There was no way he didn't say that on purpose. 

"Sure thing babe." I snapped my fingers as a breeze started to pick up across the deck.

@otter @Emzee

• Like 4

It seemed to the sellsword that Skyra Daring did not know what dividends were. It was interesting to Makua, who was fairly sure that just saying the word out loud three times was how he scored the socialite from Ko-Koro.

The vast duality of the people he met and tried to befriend always amazed him.

Wordlessly, Makua opened his right palm and pooled his elemental energy. While the climate was noticeably drier than Ga-Koro, they were still on the coast and near enough water to have some moisture. Within a moment, a snowball materialized. 

“Could also rope you into a game of Huai,” Makua said, “But probably wouldn't cool you off unless you're like, really bad at it. Karz of a distraction though”

That breeze felt rather comfortable. He strongly considered sauntering closer to the still-sweating Ko-Toa to catch more of it. 

OOC: @otter @Snelly

Edited by Emzee
accounting for new post
  • Like 4

IC:

My face remained studiously blank as her smirk grew.

"Really, dear, I thought we agreed we wouldn't start this in pub—"

As I spoke, I'd already begun cooling the air blowing my way—sweet, blessed relief—before the new Toa jumped in again, a snowball forming in his hand. I glanced back at Skyra, pooling some extra energy in to make another snowball, holding it over to her, and patting at my damaged leg with the other hand. "I haven't been much for the sport in years. Hard to avoid the throws with a bad leg. But if Skyra wants to, I'm sure I can supply the ammunition."

She'd be a better throw than me, anyways, and it'd be to my own amusement to watch this character take a snowball to the face before he had the opportunity to try and brag about something else.

And maybe throw in a surprise toss here or there, if the mood struck.

OOC: @Emzee@Snelly

• Like 3

profiles i guess

IC:

It's funny; Ta-Wahi, in theory at least, should have felt like home.

It didn't, of course, and it wasn't. But as out-of-place as he had once felt in Le-Koro, it was interesting that Ta had never really had a place for him either – and this in spite him having been just about the most stereotypical Ta-Matoran, and then Ta-Toa, imaginable, and even now not having fully grown out of it.

He had grown, though. Grown a little older, a little wearier; grown enough to realise he had in many ways still been a child when he first received his powers. In spite of everything, in spite of the losses, in spite of Makuta, he looked back fondly on those times. But now wasn't the time for reminiscing – there would, he guessed, be plenty of that later, once he'd found… her.

Her.

That was taking a little getting used to.

The finding, at least, wouldn't take much longer; one particular ship on the dock was abuzz with activity, which was as good an indication as any that he'd finally caught up to the Fowadi.

"Ho there!" He shouted up to the deck, still standing on the jetty below. Ho there. Was that the right thing to say? He could swear he'd seen people shout that to ships before. "You the Aggressors? I'm, uh, I'm looking for Skyra – Skyra Daring?"

OOC: @Snelly @otter @Krayzikk @Emzee

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The Toa of Ice simply beamed at the doctor’s quip. It felt good to be one of the popular ones again. Finally, Makua was starting to get the recognition he deserved.

Seemed like Skyra was already off the market though, based on the… interactions between her and the Ko-Toa.

Figures. There’d be plenty more fun people to meet within Ta-Koro’s six walls. Maybe if the guy on the beach engaged in a conversation, he could slink away unnoticed.

• Like 5

I looked at the snowball that had been placed into my hands. I had a decision to make here...

"You the Aggressors? I'm, uh, I'm looking for Skyra – Skyra Daring?"

Instead of throwing the snowball I pressed it into Makua's face as I looked towards...whoever it was that was calling my name. Something struck me as familiar about this person, but I was having a hard time placing it. I wordless walked over to the end of the deck and peered over the side to see who it was. My eyes widened, I knew this guy! Wait...where did I know him from? I couldn't quite remember...

"Yo! You looking for me...uh...you! It's been a while since uh...last time I saw you!" I could not remember who this was at all.

@otter@Emzee@a goose

• Like 5

My head hurt, and not from my head injury this time. I was struggling to remember this guy, I could almost reach the memories but something was blocking it. 

"Yeah come on up. How've you been?" I'd just play it cool for now.

• Like 3

IC:

"Oh, y'know. Still a guy. I mean- it's cool and all, nothing wrong with not being a guy anymore, if that's what, like, if that's who you Are, on the inside, and I guess also now the outside? Like, I'm supportive."

His soul was dying with each step he took up the gangplank.

"I'm not doing myself any favours here, am I?"

Edited by a goose
  • Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I waved my hand dismissively, at this point I was used to people being confused about my little body swap. I'd been confused by it myself at first, but at this point I wouldn't want to switch back even if I could. 

"Don't worry about it. I got stabbed fatally and was rushed to a Ga-koran hospital, they happened to have a soulless body and an Iden around and this was the result." I figured that summed up my insane life nicely. 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

The sellsword wasn’t sure what to make of having his vision obstructed by his own element. He raised his left hand and brushed his face off as smoothly as possible. His smile was stuck between a grin and a smirk.

One thing I can’t deny — she is fun, thought Makua.

He looked on in silence as the newcomer walked up the gangplank. He continued to listen to the man with interest, but was intrigued by his verbiage. He wondered if it was ok for someone like this guy to just shout all that out loud. 

Apparently, Skyra and the Ko-Toa seemed fine with it. That made it fine with Makua then.

He continued to listen with interest.

• Like 3

I blinked, wait he was there!? Oh f###. "Oh right! Sorry that was a...traumatic time, some of the details are fuzzy and stuff ya know?" Alright he would probably buy that excuse. "Didn't help that my old body got stolen right after..." It still bothered me that it was never accounted for, ####ing necromancers.

• Like 3