BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

IC: Skorm & Zueya - Ko-Koro Streets

The Vo-Toa walked under Skorm's arm and into the Glacierpool, stepping over debris. Behind her, Skorm bent to fit his tall frame into the building; she could feel the ground tremble slightly as he did so. She looked over the room, reading the story it told. Far too many bottles to be fresh, and most were covered in frost and dust. This wasn't a random hideaway; this was a habit. The Bo-Toa with him she didn't recognize; she had seen Reordin before at the Sanctum, but never spoken to him. A flicker of nervousness crossed her mind before she shoved it back down; she was a Kalta, a full Kalta. She wasn't one to be starstruck, anyway.

"Aelied told us to find you; Akiri Tarkahn is calling a meeting with all his advisors about the Dasaka. A whole fleet of them, mostly refugees, showed up off Ga-Koro this morning."

Skorm crossed his arms. "If it makes you feel better, you're not the only one whose off-time was disturbed."

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl @Krayzikk

The times, they are a-changing...

23 hours ago, Wotz said:

IC: Kahlynn (Obsidian)

Feigning obliviousness, he casually strode over to the blue-amoured heap on the ground and jabbed him with his pointy toe. "Hey, Gak, you good there, buddy?"

IC: Mar (Obsidian Outpost)

"Doesn't look good at all" I remarked, as I sat down. I made a show of opening a bottle, before I looked over at the Skakdi with a coldness that rivaled the one all around us.

"You do know that I saw and heard everything that happened, right?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

On 9/4/2021 at 12:30 AM, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Atamai: Ko-Koro

Atamai waited at the front of the village as agreed upon. The sun was barely peaking out over the horizon; the orange glow bounced off of the snow-laden ground. 

The Ta-Matoran shivered and adjusted his scarf and backpack. He had bought supplies the previous day after his conversation with the two Ko-Matoran. Water? Check. Food? Check. A tent? Check. A heatstone? Check. Extra supplies like rope? Also check.

Atamai's scope zoomed in and out as he scanned for his new traveling companions. He wondered just exactly what he was getting himself into...

On 9/4/2021 at 1:48 AM, Tarn said:

IC: Savrehn - Ko-Koro

A pile of snow near Atamai suddenly shuddered and rose, revealing the form of Savrehn underneath as he stood to his feet and shook it off. His optics were on the Ta-Matoran the entire time, and his arm was raised slightly to put his watch in view as he pointed towards it.

“You’re late, firespitter.”

The Ko-Matoran dusted some lingering snow off his armor. “I see you’re prepared,” he said, looking at the gear Atamai had brought. “Where’s the other one? The one with promise. Thought she’d be here before you.”

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Koro, Gates]

Another nearby mound shifted as a mysterious figure ascended from within. There was a crunch as the cavity within the mound slowly collapsed, the snow sliding down the white cloak of the Matoran and onto the ground below. A hapaka burst forth from the pile, excited by the activity. Reyal landed nearby and shook off a thick layer of snow with gusto. When his grey fur was cleared of large clumps of snow, he looked towards the two strangers while sitting on his hind legs like an attentive yet stationary guard.

Kreigero capped her heatstone thermos and stowed it away in a snug holster, then leaned downwards to pick up her spear and shield from the ground - the latter of which stood out from the ruins of her miniature makeshift igloo, the closest thing the slow pile had to a load bearing wall. She strapped her shield to her back while wordlessly looking onwards at the two. Her spear she kept in hand, planting the blunt end into the ground like a walking stick.

The huntress stood still, her facial expressions a mystery underneath the shemagh wrapped around the lower half of her kanohi and the dark tint of her kaukau's visor obscuring any meaning from the upper half. Facial expressions or words were unnecessary; the trapper's form was unmistakable as the stranger from last night, and her posture declared she was ready.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Priicu, The Wise Man's Archive, Downtown Ko-Koro

It was so good to be back. Onu-Koro had a nice chill, and the muted sounds went wonderfully with the atmosphere of his bookstore, but Ko-Koro was and always would be his home. And the snow was so much cleaner than any cave could ever be. To make such happy thoughts even happier, he opened up the crystalline door of his shop- the same building as before, but renovated after Makuta's attack, and in what could now be considered "historic" Ko-Koro, which only made things better- and hung an "Open" sign upon it. He took a step back, grinning to himself, hands on his hips, nodded with a sigh, and stepped back inside. He took a seat near the door and opened a book. Whether customers came or not was their business, he would be pleased either way.

OoC: Priicu open for interaction. The Wise Man's Archive open for business.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

9 hours ago, Wotz said:

Kahlynn's face, which had risen slightly so as to convey a lighter manner, collapsed into a more characteristically grim expression. "Then you know I didn't kill him, right?"

"It looks that way at least," I answered non-committaly. I was having a real easy time just... not giving the slightest inkling that I actually gave a Kinloka's rear about what had just happened, which wasn't what I wanted to feel, but I couldn't do anything about that right now.

This wasn't how things were supposed to be, but it's what I was stuck with and had to make the best of. Well... I can work with that.

"So, it looks you've just got your own bad luck to blame for messing up your chance to find this treasure you were out looking for."

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

That's it? Tut, tut, I told you so? What's the deal with this guy? "For starters, Toa, don't-" he momentarily surged forwards, "-talk down to me. Secondly, you're-" he was tempted to say some words to the effect of '-not such a hero after all, are you?' but thought better of it. Evidently this Mar character had a bit of an internal conflict of interests, and Kahlynn was in no mood nor condition to press the buttons of a Toa. "...You have to help me bury this body. There a shovel in this dive?"

Edited by Wotz

IC:

The Dasaka?

Reo had received a handful of reports from Leah about the Dasaka, and she had mentioned them once or twice as the Toa Maru reunited to take back Ko-Koro. It was fortunate they'd landed in Ga-Koro. Akiri Hahli was as shrewd a leader as any on Mata Nui, one of the chosen Matoran who had proved herself a true heir to the Turaga, and there was nobody better suited to get them acquainted with the idea of Toa as heroes than Leah. An advance party, here to learn about Mata Nui, would do well to spend time in Ga-Koro? But a fleet? As refugees? Had there been some kind of war or attack? Just how many was Mata Nui expecting to take on? Was there another fleet coming after that?

As much as Reordin wanted to say it wasn't his concern, or theirs, he doubted the other Akiri weren't assembling their advisers similarly to Tarkahn. And...it was probably nothing, but that foreboding feeling...similar to the one observing Rahi patterns in Ko-Wahi, out hunting for Joske...

"Fair enough." His mouth tightened apologetically at Skri. "I'll follow you."

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"It doesn't, really." The Bo-Toa said, standing and straightening to her full height. Shorter than the Toa of Gravity but if she was aware of it she hadn't bothered to abate the irritation in her eyes. However civil most of her expression they promised a temper best not roused. She downed the last of her beer in a single moment and tossed the bottle onto the floor with the others maybe a bit harder than the one before. "Thanks for commiserating though, scarface."

"I've gotta check in with the Captain anyway. Someone was saying she had something for me to do." The merc added to Reordin, casting the other two Toa from her plane of existence as much as her attention. "We'll talk later."

Skri drew her jacket tight against the cold she was about to face again and walked out of the bar, without sparing another glance at the other Toa. Getting back to the Captain's office wasn't a short walk but taking it as a jog helped keep her warm. The number of guards she saw increased, naturally, as she approached the better repaired portions of town and the Sanctum Guard's own HQ. Most of them she recognized by face even if not by name. The Guard had taken heavy losses when Echelon's forces attacked, and most of the recruits since she'd had a hand in training. Not always directly but closely enough for them to be recognizable to her and her to them. Recognizable enough that no one really bothered to ask questions about where she was going until she got to Korzaa's office and knocked on the frame.

"Oi, boss," She said easily, not without a trace of respect. However it may have sounded. "Scuttlebutt says you wanted to talk to me?"

OOC: @Visaru

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Koro, Gates]

Kreigero began walking in the correct direction.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Minnorak - Ko-Koro

Having retrieved his weapon and shield, Minnorak set out from the city of ice with an ever-so-slight spring in his step. 

He'd done it. The Outsiders were a real, recognised organisation. The outpost was officially his to command. He'd done what Zero and Forger had never managed, giving the group some small semblance of legitimacy. But... at least they'd had a group.  

Minnorak still had a lot of work to do before his Outsiders could compare with the old. 

Steeling himself for the vast task that still lay ahead, he left Ko-Koro behind and began the trek back up to Obsidian Outpost. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Safina - Near Ko-Wahi Dark Walk entrance

The wind began to pick up as she made her way down from the ridgeline, freezing cold and miniscule shards of ice biting at her even through the small gaps where the Exo-Matoran’s windshield fit into place. Conditions were not ideal for B4, and she’d need to get to the Onu-Koro tunnel soon before the suit’s joints froze up completely.

It was times like this where regrets about taking the suit crept into the back of her conscious mind. Was she lying to herself when she surmised that use of B4 was simply an extension of her abilities? It was stronger, tougher, sure… but it couldn’t move as fast as she was, feel the pain of an enemy’s strike and react accordingly… There were times that it felt more like a burden than a boon.

The suit seemed to whine and whirr in response, struggling to trudge through the deepening drifts. Easy, B4,” she whispered, as if reassurance would help it carry on, “It’s just a squall, it’ll pass…”

She couldn’t know that for sure.

Now she was passing the myriad fortifications surrounding the Dark Walk, and she could get a closer look at the forces stationed there - checking their weapons and armor, ensuring their equipment and defenses were prepared, standing in formation. They were going down there.

For a moment, the darkness came back to her.

:i::c:

Captain Korzaa turned away from sorting her stacks of tablets and scrolls to give Skri a blatant glare in retaliation for the audacity of using the world ‘scuttlebutt’ in her presence. “I do indeed want to speak with you, Skrihen, please come in.” 

She plucked a tablet from one of the more organized piles and flicked her eyes over the writing. “I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but we’re planning an expedition with Ihu-Koro to one of the Darkwalks soon, and we’re sending in some fresh recruits. It’s only a scouting mission, but obviously it’s still the Darkwalk, and I’m sure you’ve heard the rumors of stirrings in their depths. The priority is to bring back the same amount of soldiers as we send into that hole. The mission’s being led by the Highlanders, and I’m sending a newly hired Vortixx mercenary alongside them too. The Vortixx is going to do some last minute master class with the recruits, and I want you to facilitate and organize the training with him. Let me know how he does, if we can rely on him as a steady trainer, or if he’s better for patrols. Then let me know if you think the recruits are battle ready, or if we need more forces on the expedition.”

“Should be fairly routine.” As Korzaa stepped toward Skri to hand her a list of the soldiers on the expedition, she stopped and squinted at the Bo-Toa, her soldier’s senses picking out the faint smell of alcohol on the mercenary’s breath. “And, Skrihen, what is it that took you so long to get to my office?”

——————————

Meanwhile, at the mouth of the Ko-Wahi dark walk, one of the guards manning the fortifications heard the whining of B4U8’s machinery and turned to spot Safina near the tunnel, staring into the darkness. The guard mumbled something to her colleague and climbed down from the crude platform she had been manning. She was missing one arm at her elbow and wore a noble Kanohi Komau that matched the rest of her stark white body. Her form was barely visible against the blinding snow falling around her as she waded through the powder to plant the shaft of her spear authoritatively in Safina’s path.

“Excuse me, Ma’am,” she said, her confident stance melting a little as she eyed the metal Exo-Suit looming above her. “This is a restricted area. What is your business here?” 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

On 9/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, Wotz said:

That's it? Tut, tut, I told you so? What's the deal with this guy? "For starters, Toa, don't-" he momentarily surged forwards, "-talk down to me. Secondly, you're-" he was tempted to say some words to the effect of '-not such a hero after all, are you?' but thought better of it. Evidently this Mar character had a bit of an internal conflict of interests, and Kahlynn was in no mood nor condition to press the buttons of a Toa. "...You have to help me bury this body. There a shovel in this dive?"

"Yeah I'd like to at least give this poor soul some dignity" I agreed, getting up. It continued to be easier to go through the motions anyway, and this time I was taking Karv with me. I gave him a whistle, one that only he could hear. Must've been a bit of a sight when the Kavinika got up without warning.

"I'll see if I can find any"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kahlynn (Obsidian Outpost)

"Alright, I'll meet you outside. It looks like the blizzard's clearing up."

Kahlynn raised his hood and bent down to haul Gak's body towards the stairs. Now that the brunt of the cold had worn off (save the chill in his bones), he found he was incredibly exhausted - but there was no way he'd be sleeping here side-by-side with a corpse.

He lifted up Gak's shoulders, just as he had on the way up. "Hey, would you mind...?"

Edited by Wotz

OOC: dahkapa from ta-wahi

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Cable Car)

The cable car ride to Obsidian Outpost was taking a while, so Dahkapa figured he could converse with Joskander in the mean time. "Tell me, Joskander, what do you know about Ak'rei'an? You seemed uncomfortable when I spoke of Him. Mind you, I am asking about the deity, not the Brotherhood. I no longer belong to that infamous group."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

• Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"Consult with Reordin Maru," The mercenary answered promptly and without hesitation, scanning over the words on the tablet she'd been handed. Despite the look Korzaa gave her— something she admitted amused her— she was on her best behavior for the Captain. Skri always tried to be. She had a lot of respect for the Matoran in her own way. Still the innocent smile she gave her boss had just a trace of irreverence. "You know how the Maru can be. Catch him on his off hours and he won't talk business unless you sip at a beer. We were talking some training regimen changes for the newer recruits until the Kalta showed up to bring him to Tarkahn."

She cocked her head a little, lowering the tablet to regard the Captain more directly.

"Has he filled you in yet? Kalta said a whole fleet of those Dasaka made land in Ga-Wahi." 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Hmm? Right yeah let me..." then I stopped, I was hearing a new noise oh so clearly all of a sudden, now that the blizzard was starting to give way. The sound was one of machines in action, an engine whirring away as it drove something forward nearby. I turned in the direction of the sound, stepping further down the stairs, looking every which way. Had some of the machinery in this abandoned place turned on without warning?

Far from it. Once I saw what was going on, I turned to jog back up to the observation tower, I dashed right past the Skakdi, headed for one of the windows.

"We've got company," I barked, "someone's taking the cable car up from Ta"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)that's the two of you

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She thumbed the cockpit canopy button, and the glass screen swiveled open. Completely unnecessary, but she thought it rude to speak to others through it. The icy blast that threatened to freeze her solid right then and there provided a compelling counter-argument, however.

“I’m departing Ko-Koro for Onu-Koro,” she replied as the canopy finished its upward travel. “I was simply pondering on the darkness within the chasm, and couldn’t help but notice your preparations outside it. I decided to pass by before heading to the Ussal Highway.”

Her voice grew grim, and lowered as much as it could be to be heard over the howling gale:

“You’re going down there?”

IC: Skorm & Zueya - Ko-Koro

As the two Kalta and the Maru trudged back up to the Sanctum, there was an air of awkward silence. The lack of conversation didn't make Skorm uncomfortable, but he could sense that it was off-putting for Zueya. He ran through mental lists for discussion before Zueya herself spoke up.

"I wonder if Aelied is going to keep you at the meeting."

"Me? I can't imagine what I could contribute."

Zueya bumped into him as they walked. "You've had some of the most contact with Soraph among the Kalta, excluding Casanuva. But she chose you to escort her into Ko-Koro."

The Ba-Toa let out a roaring grumble. "Casanuva had a bulletin out on him, as well as Vakua and Kalyss." The bounty sign for Vakua's mask was now hanging on the Most Wanted wall at the Kalta Arsenal, right next to a picture of Eisen. "I was also the one that let her get kidnapped."

Shrugging, Zueya put on an expression of aloofness. "Well yeah, but you and Cyrix were the ones to rescue her." She swept her hands as as if scoping out a vista. "Infiltrating the Legacy-controlled Sanctum, rescuing the exotic princess, and getting her to the Gukko air evac, in the midst of a daring rescue operation by remnants of the Island Liberation Front and even the Maru!"

Skorm continued to glower. Not before that slug happened, he wanted to say. Maeloc and Fyura were also on the Most Wanted wall.

Zueya continued: "Then, after bidding your wounded comrade farewell, you cut a swathe to the wall, and reunited with us. And Dakte."

The Toa of Gravity glanced at the diminutive Toa, smiling. He tousled her mask; "We should have left you in the circus."

She returned his glance and his smile. "Aelied took me out of showbiz, but he can never take the showbiz out of me." Before Skorm could react, she turned around to Reordin, walking backwards so she could face the Ko-Toa. "Before Aelied dropped in and had us find you, the big guy and I had the day off. We're still getting used to the Koro, and were going to grab some dinner. You know any nice places to eat that aren't... you know... tourist traps?"

OOC: @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl

The times, they are a-changing...

On 9/4/2021 at 5:36 PM, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Dartakh (Ko-Koro, Sanctum)

He followed after Dargon and sat down on one of the benches that wasn't Matoran-sized. As Dartakh listened to him speak, he thought how despite all the history, organization and "protocol", the Guard had failed to prevent the town from falling into enemy hands. At the very least, he got some useful information about how he was supposed to behave. It appeared the rules were less strict for a freelance mercenary such as himself, probably because mercenaries could always seek a better employer if they were unhappy with the conditions. Sometimes, that employer was the enemy.

Finally, at the end of the speech, he stood up and firmly shook his hand. "Thank you, sir. I'll be on my way then."

He left the room, walked down the hallways to leave the Sanctum and was soon heading down the Muaka road, looking for the Ko-Toa Dargon had described. Eventually, he saw one who looked like the right person. Of course, the only way to be sure was to ask.

"Hey there. Are you the Lieutenant?"

He wasn't sure what the Toa's real name was. He used to simply call himself Champion back when he had been part of the Outsiders, but he doubted that the Highlanders required its members to avoid using real names. Usually the only people who voluntarily tried to obscure their identity were cowards. Hopefully that wasn't the case with this Toa.

OOC: @Leaf

NPC: The Lieutenant

"Yeah, that's me," the Ko-Toa responded, his Kakama-masked face tilting downward to regard the new arrival. His voice was clipped and precise, his pale blue eyes appraising the Vortixx--though not without a strangely comforting warmth.  "You aren't a Highlander and I don't recognize you from the battle... Mmm. Sanctum irregular, I'm guessing. Lieutenant Alka Torin, at your service. You're here to help with this rookie training endeavor? Have you been told what we're up to?"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

13 hours ago, Krayzikk said:

"Has he filled you in yet? Kalta said a whole fleet of those Dasaka made land in Ga-Wahi." 

At the words, Korzaa looked up from her files and met Skri’s eyes with a furrowed brow. “A fleet?” 

Korzaa had never payed much attention to the Dasaka. They were too far away from the high slopes of Ko-Koro to hold any place of meaning in her world. Her role was to keep the village of ice safe, and in that regard the Mata-Nuian’s psychic counterparts across the sea were no more than a curiosity. But if an army was on Ga-Koro’s banks, then that was another matter. 

“No, this is the first I have heard of it," Her eyes wandered along the ice walls of her office before they snapped back to Skri. "Do they come armed?" 

------------------

8 hours ago, Perp said:

“You’re going down there?”

The guard took a step back, the unusual sight of a youthful Turaga inside a suit of robotic armor taking a moment to process.

“Um, yes, ma’am, we are. There’s a scouting mission set to leave soon. We’re making the final preparations for their entry as we speak. Rest assured, if anything's an imminent threat down there, we’ll know about it.” 

Edited by Visaru

25 minutes ago, Visaru said:

:i::c: - KORZAA’S OFFICE

At the words, Korzaa looked up from her files and met Skri’s eyes with a furrowed brow. “A fleet?” 

Korzaa had never payed much attention to the Dasaka. They were too far away from the high slopes of Ko-Koro to hold any place of meaning in her world. Her role was to keep the village of ice safe, and in that regard the Mata-Nuian’s psychic counterparts across the sea were no more than a curiosity. But if an army was on Ga-Koro’s banks, then that was another matter. 

“No, this is the first I have heard of it," Her eyes wandered along the ice walls of her office before they snapped back to Skri. "Do they come armed?" 

IC:

"Couldn't tell you. Tarkahn got word, the Kalta went to get Reo, and that's all I know." The Bo-Toa shrugged. "I probably just beat his summons to your office, I'd think. Hit the Darkwalk with the Highlanders and recruits, leave with the same number we brought in, and see how the Vortixx does. That about sum up my job, boss?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Korzaa nodded. "Exactly right, Skrihen. Best of luck."

She sat down at her desk, mulling over the news as she continued her endless organizing. The rumblings in the Darkwalk, the remnants of the Legacy, the enigmatic power behind Matoro's death, the Piraka, and now the Dasaka too? Every day she felt as if there was another threat closing in on her village, and these were only the ones she knew about. It was too much to contend with even in the best of ties, and her resources were stretched thinner and thinner by the day. Was it only a matter of time before the Koro fell again?

Not if I'm still alive.

She had at least that thought to console her as she continued her endless burden, getting her mind in order for the inevitable summons to Tarkahn's war council. 

Glancing past the Guard, she caught sight of the others in the distance forming up and taking positions, preparations seemingly coming to a close, and the real thing imminent.

She made a low noise at the back of her throat, returning her gaze to the one before her. “It’s not exactly a question of ‘if,’ I’d say… More like ‘when.’ The rahkshi are terrifying enough in their own right. If he has returned… well…”

The Turaga suppressed another shiver as the wind blew more snow into the canopy. “How many are you sending in?”

The guard turned back toward the tunnel entrance, then back toward Safina. She felt strange about reporting guard activity to a civilian, but she always made a rule to respect Turaga — anyone selfless enough to give away their Toa powers was a person who deserved deference — and there was something about the way Safina spoke and stared hauntedly at the walk that gave an eerie weight to her words. Besides, she had just suggested The Makuta was back, and that alone was enough to chill anyone enough to forget any sort of protocol they had.

“A dozen or so, ma’am. Mostly new recruits on their first expedition, but they’ll be going in alongside expert Ihu-Koro Highlanders.”

Edited by Visaru

She grimaced, closed her eyes, and shook her head; a d###ing trio if there ever was one.

“Not enough. There were about as many of us the last time we went down there, mostly seasoned Toa. We only got so far until the rahkshi began to overwhelm us.”

She would pray for the new recruits. Fresh faces unaccustomed to combat would never hold up against the forces of Makuta, especially if he himself was directing their every action. But, who knows -

“ --maybe the Highlanders will make up the difference,” she muttered, and moved her hand over to the canopy switch.

“Wait.”

The guard stepped forward. She felt her position of authority had been stripped out from under her by the cryptic words and wisdom of the unusual traveler. She no longer felt like a strong hero, a protector, but an innocent who needed protecting. She was afraid, gripped by cold fingers that in her imagination were stretching from the dark entrance behind her. 

“You’ve… been in the Darkwalks before? What did you see down there?” Her confident tone had been stripped away. 

IC: Dartakh (Ko-Koro)

At least the Toa told him his true name, so perhaps he was no coward after all. He appeared to be sharp-eyed and sharp-minded as well. "You got everything right. Name's Dartakh. And yes, I know what your plan is. Where are the recruits so I can start training and give them a chance of surviving in the Dark Walk?"

OOC: @Leaf

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

I ignored his jab. It really wasn't much of one but I couldn't spare the time to think about asking him if that was the best he could do.

"Let's just stick to the plan," I said, eventually, "they've still got some distance left to cover before they're actually here, we just need to make good use of that time."

I stepped away from the window, and walked over to the unconscious Skakdi with a determined look evident on my face.

"Let's get him down from here"

OOC: @Wotz

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The Turaga stayed her hand from the switch, turning back to the Guardwoman whose eyes had grown wide, her gaze distant. Safina nodded grimly at her question.

“Darkness.”

She took a breath before clarifying.

“The shadows down those tunnels… they’re not natural. They… consume the light. They’ll play tricks on the mind, nag at you to turn back. If you don’t, and press on, they will ensnare you, deliver you directly to the jaws of the waiting beasts.

“What the sellswords and I found within,” she gestured to the machine around her, “you’re looking at it. The rahkshi we slew were disassembled by Onu-Koronan engineers and built into this vessel. But I suspect that task may not be so easy now…”

She wasn’t helping matters by being cryptic, and the Guard’s face showed it. “Bring the strongest light sources you have available, and as many of them as you can. Your new recruits will be the most susceptible to the manipulation of the shadow, and will need guidance all the way through - ideally they should not be at the front of the formation. If you have ranged weapons, they are your first line of defense once the rahkshi descend upon you. Allowing them to get close will be your downfall.”

B4 whirred again as the photovoltaic cells kicked in and began to recharge the idle Exo-Matoran. “But all this is honestly moot if their tactics have changed in the wake of his return. I fear they will have adapted somewhat.”

On 9/6/2021 at 9:57 AM, Daniel the Finlander said:

OOC: dahkapa from ta-wahi

The cable car ride to Obsidian Outpost was taking a while, so Dahkapa figured he could converse with Joskander in the mean time. "Tell me, Joskander, what do you know about Ak'rei'an? You seemed uncomfortable when I spoke of Him. Mind you, I am asking about the deity, not the Brotherhood. I no longer belong to that infamous group."

OOC: Joskander from Ta-Wahi

IC: Joskander (Cable Car)

Ah, dang it.  He noticed.  Least I don't have to bring it up myself, though.

Joskander grimaced and tried to keep himself from fidgeting- never a good thing to do in a cable car.  "I... don't know much of anything, really," he said.  "I've heard bits and pieces about the Brotherhood, and how they would..."  He gulped.  "How they would initiate new members of the faith.  That's more or less it, though."

OOC:  @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Savrehn - Ko-Wahi - Somewhere In The Wastes

The Ko-Matoran was at home out here. His real home, not a cozy hut back in the Koro or anything like that. In his element, although perhaps not as literally as he could be as a Matoran. He wondered how Atamai was holding up so far. Maybe he was regretting this excursion already.

Savrehn checked the map often. He didn’t need a reminder of where they were going, nor was his sense of direction so poor he was afraid they would get lost—he was becoming more nervous, the question marks they were heading towards making him feel an odd sense of dread. Maybe it was because they were bringing along a newbie, and if anything bad happened to Atamai out here it would be on the alpinist or Kreigero.

Maybe it was something else.

He looked over at the Ta-Matoran. “Watch your step there,” he said suddenly, pointing to a random area of snow. “Muaka footprints.

There weren’t any, but he did want to make the Ta-Matoran jump.

OOC: @BULiK@~Xemnas~

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

He let out a chuckle, albeit not out of amusement. It sounded dry and lifeless. "Ah yes, the Conversion... it was quite the experience. But I am thankful for it. It opened my eyes for the Truth. Allow me to tell about it, about Ak'rei'an. I can tell that his reputation has been tarnished by the Brotherhood, to the point where people know more about the practitioners rather than the deity Himself. This leads to blind persecution of all who follow Him, which is why I suffered unjust treatment during Ta-Koro. In any case, I digress..."

"First and foremost, you must know that Ak'rei'an is dead. He was a former ferryman of the souls of the deceased, but Mata-Nui killed him when he tried to grant the gift of immortality to all. There is a way to resurrect him, but unfortunately it requires the complete rule of the earthly plane. That is the goal the Brotherhood strived to accomplish, unsuccessfully. Personally, I believe the faith of Ak'rei'an can be spread by peaceful and honourable means. The Conversion should be the last resort. Once Makuta's servants have been driven into the sea and peace returns to the island, I will dedicate my life to missionary work. The misguided heathens who follow the slumbering Mata-Nui can yet be redeemed."

He turned to look at their destination as the cable car slowly approached it. "Ah, it appears we will soon arrive at the outpost."

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

:i::c: - Near Ko-Wahi Dark Walk Entrance

The guard’s eyes flicked back and forth between Safina’s for a moment, then she held up her handless arm and said, “Wait right there a moment, Ma’am.” She hurried back to her compatriots. After a half minute of discussing something with the other guards, she returned with a shard of ice with a symbol inscribed on it and offered it to the Turaga. 

“I know you were on your way to Onu-Koro, but we’ve been looking for information on the Dark walks, and your experience is invaluable. We are willing to pay good money for it. Lieutenant Alka Torin is leading this expedition. We’d be in your debt if you could tell him what you told us and answer any questions he might have.”