BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

IC: Joskander (Obsidian Outpost)

Joskander took one last look at Gak's grave and whispered a quick prayer he'd learned in Ihu- he wasn't particularly religious, but it was the least he could offer to the dead.  Then he turned back to Mar.  "Ready."

He waved his hand, and a gust of wind tore up the cold slopes to Ko-Koro, carving a path through the snow.

OOC: @Geardirector I don't actually know how to write intra-Wahi travel :P Do we just say our characters are at the gates or something?

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

21 hours ago, ARROW404 said:

IC: Priicu

His taut Ko-Matoran features softened a touch at Cyrix's refusal of the free library card. "Vakua, noted," he said, scratching a reminder into his personal notebook. As the Toa Kalta rummaged through the section, the librarian kept an eye on his work, though he did wander about the library as needed through the process. All things told, Cyrix made a good first impression- suspicious bribe aside- but Priicu didn't want to be caught off-guard if anything happened between his potential business partner and the protectors of the Koro, and so he tried to glean any information he could by remaining in the vicinity. And of course, any chance to endear himself further to the authorities by being of service was a good thing.

His chance came when, seemingly toward the end of his search, the Toa addressed him once more. He placed a finger to the chin of his Ruru and mulled it over. "I couldn't say where I got the impression he was from, but he did seem the well-traveled type," he admitted. "I figured he might be the hedge-Toa sort, traveling independently. As you asked before, he was a Toa of Crystal. Beyond that, I can't think of anything more I could offer that would be of use."

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive

Well-traveled? Interesting. One the one hand, his target was not likely solely working for an Onu-Koroan party, or was and was experienced. The latter seemed most likely. "That does help me out, anything to help me get a read on this guy." He scanned a little farther. Some of the sections were related to the new defense initiatives Tarkahn had initiated. Another angle? He decided to focus on something he knew for certain: the target was heading to Onu-Koro. Was there any connection in the articles he had looked through?

Economics, defense, rebuilding... All new. Trade deals were with multiple Koros, Onu-Koro especially. The defense initiatives were mostly local; there were a few connections to Onu-Koro in regards to securing technology, but the biggest partner was Ihu-Koro. And the Kalta, he supposed, but he would expect some sort of direct surveillance if they were the targets, and he hadn't found anything to suggest that. The rebuilding was mostly local. The only thing tying them together was... the Akiri? He had been from Onu-Koro. Was this a spy of Nuparu? He'd heard that the Onu-Matoran Akiri was a mysterious sort and spent most of his time tinkering with inventions. Maybe the fruit doesn't fall far... Onu-Koro seemed the strongest lead, and even if all his findings were wrong, it was where the Cy-Toa had been heading. He'd double-check the Sanctum's list of persons of interest and head out. Something about this poked at his curiosity.

He paused from skimming the scrolls and looked up at the ko-matoran. "You've been a great help. Did you have any interactions with this Cy-Toa? Did you get a name?"

OOC: @arrow404

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) Yes, basically. There's no requirements about how many posts = certain distance traveled. If you want to get us right to the Koro in just one post, nobody's gonna stop ya.

IC: Mar (Obsidian Outpost)

I had to hand it to Joskander, using his powers like that to make way was more useful than anything I would've been able to manage on my own. Sound is a tricky element at the best of times, even if you have the habit like I do.

"That's handy" I deigned to say out loud, as I began walking the path through the snow. Karv followed me.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Savrehn - Ko-Wahi - Abyss

Savrehn felt some relief at hearing Atamai’s voice. “And what about Kreigero, where’s—?”

The Ko-Matoran was interrupted by Reyal, and wasn’t sure whether to be annoyed or overjoyed by the Hapaka licking his Tryna. “Now that’s some loyalty,” Savrehn said as he got to his feet, chuckling. “Followed us all the way down…”

He trailed off as he watched Reyal rush over to the nearby mound of snow, a lack of movement beneath it, or any response from the group’s other member now creating a knot in Savrehn’s chest.

…here.

He ran over, almost stumbling, and began to dig with his hands before retrieving his ice axe and turning the head sideways to pull away snow. “Atamai, help me dig her out!”

OOC: @BULiK@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: Moving from Le-Wahi

IC: Tailua -- Ko-Wahi -- Southern River

Steam emerged from around the iron mug as Tailua gripped it with his left hand, the water filling also boiling. He rose the mug to his face and took in the aroma, which was that of a common tea from Ta-Koro -- no one else was allowed to have any. The liquid warmed his insides and provided somewhat of a cushion against the increasingly low temperatures. 

And this isn't even the worst of it, thought Tailua. 

He, along with a hooded Vidar, two Matoran, Makua, and Niici (the rich socialite herself), were taking a short rest along the banks of the chilly river that separated Ko-Wahi's mountains from Le-Wahi's occluding fog. Niici insisted on it after they had crossed the river, it's bridge well-worn but clearly maintained as a critical trade route. Nearby, Tailua could see her making some sort of drinkable concoction. He had never seen anything like it. Though for Tailua, who couldn't even name one of the many herbs in the tea that he took for granted, that was not saying much. Apparently, Niici had needed this concoction, it was medication that she took periodically. She had gone into more detail about it -- why she required the medicine and how it affected her -- but Tailua struggled to even feign interest. For him, this entire expedition was extremely boring. Makua was able to engage with her incessant babbling, for his own gain, Tailua knew. But for the Toa of Fire, the price of listening to her self-absorbed raving was too high for what he knew Makua wanted. But that was the lean, silver-tongued Ko-Toa, in a nutshell. 

She's so far out of his league she could lap him around the world twice over, Tailua thought as much as he hoped. If he were wrong, he'd never hear the end of it from Makua. 

He drank more of the tea after a sudden chilly breeze swept through. All he had was a poncho to shield against the cold, but he knew the wind would cut through it like bamboo disk through the air. He looked to his left at Vidar. Perhaps it was a callback to his days as one of the Makuta's chief enforcers, but even in insanity, the Toa of Air dared not flinch at the breeze. 

Surely, he would have been through worse during his Makuta days, Tailua conceded. 

And so, Tailua sat in silence continuing to enjoy his warm beverage. To him, the sooner Vidar was delivered to Niici's residence in Ko-Koro, the sooner he gets paid, and the sooner he'd be off doing something actually cool. 

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, Drifts, Crevasse, Abyss]

For a long time, there was darkness. Then the darkness became a brilliant light that lead to a new darkness. Darkness under the crushing pressure the squeezed all and threatened a darkness greater.

Fear. Fire. Burning. Wet.

~~~

The rope connecting Kreigero to Atamai began to oscillate. The snow trembled from within as Savrehn and Reyal attempted to wipe it away. In the darkness, the rapid pulse of a heartlight could be seen beneath, the blue right refracting and revealing the troubling red streaks within the snow as they got deeper. Finally, through their combined effort, there was the sound of a set of lungs fighting for its life.

Life! Coughing and choking, but life regardless.

There was a sense of relief on both sides as Kreigero's head was no longer covered, but the faint blue optics behind her visor showed a deep, solemn weariness like no other. As the excavation continued, it became clear that the snow her head rested on was now a sticky maroon slush.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On 12/3/2021 at 6:44 AM, Keeper of Kraata said:

He paused from skimming the scrolls and looked up at the ko-matoran. "You've been a great help. Did you have any interactions with this Cy-Toa? Did you get a name?"

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive

Well, if it hadn't been clear before, now it was- they were definitely not in league with one another. "Oh his name, of course." He gave his mask a little shake in self-beration. That would have been important to mention before. "He had a complicated name. Hard to pronounce. I wrote it down." He turned and left the records section, hastening back to his desk, and checked his list of library card-holders. There it was, last entry. He quickly returned to Cyrix, hoping to not keep him waiting. "Syzygos was the name he gave me. Though I can't guarantee it wasn't a pseudonym." He racked his brain for another moment, "Ah, he told me he was a copyist, or something to that effect, and that his work took him all around the island." He tried to remember where the Toa had said he was heading, but also wasn't sure if he wanted to reveal that yet. "He indicated he wanted good relations with our Akiri. And he didn't seem like the secretive type, to be honest." He twirled a pencil between his fingers. "May I ask why you're suspicious of him, honorable Toa?"

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

On 11/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, Goose said:

“Do tell.”

IC (Syrik) [Echelon's Lair]

"Children of the Necromancer," Syrik answered dryly. "We are what he made us, and we can't escape that. After all, look where we are right now. He's dead, and we're free, and yet — here we are, scraping around in his ashes."

He snorted derisively.

"At least, I'm sure that's how he'd see it."

Syrik leaned forward, placing his elbows on the desk, to gaze intently at Aerus over interlocked fingers.

"But he'd be wrong. He underestimated us, and each in our own ways, we beat him. I made my escape, you cracked his codes right under his nose. We are the tool and the weapon that he made us, but we can wield ourselves — we always could."

He spread his hands wide.

"So — I propose we do just that. Think how useful we could be to each other if we work together, put the skills he gave us to use for our own ends. I can help you rebuild his information network, and you can use it to find a cure for this condition of yours. What do you say?"

• Like 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Aerus (Echelon's Lair)

"I'd say that sounds like an awfully selfless proposition." Aerus' smirk hadn't wavered - his agreement was already a given, and both knew it. Still, he was curious - Echelon's information network would benefit them both, after all, given Syrik's interest in the Peers, but he couldn't help but wonder if there was more to it. "You help me and I help you, right? So where do I come in? Using the network to help you track down Ambages' little cabal?"

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Syrik) [Echelon's Lair]

The Fa-Toa grinned.

"That'd be a start, yeah. Though even they are part of a bigger picture. Point is, we'd be equal stakeholders in this little venture. We each work to maintain it, and we each get to direct its focus on our...specific interests. For me, for now, that means the Peers."

• Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Aerus (Echelon's Lair)

Part of a larger picture, eh?

Aerus shifted the weight upon his cane to lean on his left hand, fingers straddling the two protosteel tines at the front. They peered out like eyes, observing the proceedings with great interest.

"Partners, then?" He held out his right hand.

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

Makua — Ko-Wahi 

The self-possessed Toa of Ice led the way, alongside Niici, with Jed and Seba behind them. Tailua took the rear, heedfully guiding a robed, cowl-wearing Vidar in front of him. The former Makuta servant’s face remain occluded, and he had the look of a traveling monk.  

According to his prior experience in Ko-Wahi, along with confirmations from Niici, Jed, and Seba, the group would be arriving at Ko-Koro right before sundown. While Makua kept his expression calm, he couldn’t help but he elated. He missed the crispness of Ko-Wahi breeze, as well as the slight thinness of the air at this high altitude. He looked back to Tailua. He was doing well, but the bare elements weren’t exactly the greatest comfort to him right now. However, he knew his friend would be warm enough once they reached the village proper.  

--- 

Niici — Ko-Wahi 

“Now remember, you must follow my lead,” Niici warned the group, mainly Makua and Tailua, “I’m on good terms with these Legacy guards, but it’s best that they not know about Vidar. The last thing I need is Echelon to discover his existence, at least before I have the Toa properly secured” 

“Yes, we went over it already,” Makua assured her, “Still seems bold to bring this Makua-scum right to the Legacy’s door, as you say” 

“The Legacy is part of why I need him,” Niici replied, “If some of these groups get a little too out of hand, I need a way for protection, as I’ve said” 

Niici turned around to see Tailua and Vidar. She was about to confirm their assent before she heard Seba, her Matoran butler, gasp.  

The socialite whirled around to see Ko-Koro's gates off in the distance... looking very different than how it looked when she left Ko-Koro all those weeks ago. 

“Just... how powerful was this Legacy stronghold you spoke of?” Makua asked in a low voice. His eyes darted between Niici and the gate before them, which was guarded by uniformed Sanctum Guard Matoran.  

“Listen...,” Niici responded, “We stick to the plan. Follow my lead and no one will suspect a thing” 

“But what about protection from the Legacy fanatics?” Makua asked, “Vidar doesn’t seem all that necessary now” 

“Actually,” Niici responded in an even softer voice, “If the Ko-Matoran have retaken the village, I will need Vidar even more than I did previously” 

Niici put on a calm face that demanded respect without drawing unnecessary attention. How this would play out depended on who was guarding. Niici (or rather, her money) held a lot of clout in Ko-Koro, being one of the richest Toa in the village. That generally kept guards from having the gall to ask too many questions. Armed with the requisite confidence, she proceeded towards the Ko-Koro gates, Makua and the others following closely behind. 

:m_o::m_o::c:

Good to see you again, Emzee! Hope you don't mind if I run these guards.

:i::c:

Six Matoran guarded the looming doors of ice that barred the way into the Koro, each armed with a spear. They all stood as still as the ice behind them, except an older Matoran with a noble Huna. He was the first to recognize Niici, and leaned over to whisper something in the ear into the Pakari-wearing Matoran next to him. She frowned, gave him a piercing look, and stepped forward.

“State your name and business,” her words to Niici were icy as her gaze. 

But the Huna-wearer was quick to cut in with a much warmer tone: “Only protocol, madam, you understand. City security’s running a lot tighter these days.” He smiled apologetically. 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

[IC: Siika - A lake near the Ko-Wahi/Le-Wahi border]

Siika sat down with a huff. It had been a long day of fishing and not finding much. She dropped her meagre gatherings beside her and looked around at the inside of her hut, surveying the mess. She really needed to have another tidy up, but it had been so hard recently with the shoulder acting up again - she barely made it through the day of fishing, just winding the reel made it sore. It wasn't usually like this, but recently there'd been a sour note to the air.. not a smell, just a feeling, as though all was not well. The heavy-set Skakdi reached to her left shoulder and rubbed gingerly at the deep scar, grimacing but enjoying the "good pain", as one achieves from poking a bruise.

*** In the Past ***

She rushed through the dark streets, panting. No doubt the Toa Maru and the rest of the major forces had suppressed most of the Outsiders by now, but Siika kept her wits about her. There were always the slippery ones, hiding in dark places to surprise and bite back at the victors whether it actually helped their cause or not. Sweat dripped off her ridged brow and through the cloud of mist escaping through her clenched teeth into the icy air.
Suddenly a cry rang out to her right. Siika whirled around, crossing the entrance of an alleyway just in time to notice a shadowed figure pulling a blade out of a dying Ko-Matoran. "You there!" she growled sharply, readying her sleek spear in her right hand and her targe in her left. She advanced down the path, her grand silhouette blocking the only escape for the murderer. "Drop the knife and get on the ground and I may spare your life!"
She grimaced, trying to take in the being's appearance in the dark. She only got a vague image before the assailant, trapped and panicked, instead opted to charge for the alleyway's exit, coming straight toward the towering Skakdi with a scream of rage. Siika raised her targe and made a defensive stance, but the attacker was far more agile than her, avoiding her heavy jab with the spear and bounding sideways, leaping off one of the side walls to get around her. Suddenly there was searing pain in her shoulder and her shield arm went limp, the heavy wooden disc clattering to the floor loudly as she stumbled to the floor. She blinked through the pain and threw her head back to catch the fleeing figure in her sights, and with a glare, her impact vision pounded through the night and connected between the shoulder blades, sending them pitching forward onto the icy street. Snarling, Siika tried to pursue but sparks gathered at the corners of her vision, and the effort caught up with her, forcing her to the ground as though an anvil had suddenly been attached to her chest. She watched the silhouette of the poor Matoran stop moving as darkness took her.

Siika slowly rose with a grunt. The weeks since then (or months, it all blended together) had been filled with many days of nursing her wound, followed by painful exercises and stretches to try and get her left arm back to its former strength. It was getting there, she reassured herself, and she found that she was able to lift her new tower shield - a wise upgrade from the small targe, she thought - without much effort now. She strapped it to her back and continued preparations.
Taking the fish from her bag, she placed them in a stone-lined cubby beneath her floor, covering them over with crushed ice and replacing the lid. That should keep them fresh while she made the trip to Ko-Koro for supplies. This was something she had to do once a week, or thereabouts. It was a longer trek to the mountainous village than it was to the Massif, but up there was the only place she'd found a vendor with good fishing supplies, and she could visit the hospital on the way back to pick up salve for her shoulder. Besides, she liked visiting the settlement since the occupation, taking pride and comfort in the way the stalwart villagers had clawed back their homes and begun to rebuild. She could see the change and it reassured her that the cost was worth it.

That is, until last time. She was buying her new tower shield from a quiet back-street craftsman, the friendly owner being skilled and reasonable with his prices. As she left the shop she caught a glimpse of a silhouette that had burned itself into her memory... the same attacker from the night of the battle. She hastily made amends with the shopkeeper and dashed out the door in the direction she saw, but the criminal was gone.

She had had plenty of time to consider the event over the following days of quiet fishing. Now, a week later, Siika thought to herself as she took her spear and headed for the door. She was going to find out where that crook had gone and make him pay. Closing the door behind her, she steeled her gaze into the icy winds at the path ahead. Justice would be done.

OOC: for future interaction purposes, Siika can be in Ko-Koro without me making another post. @Geardirector feel free to "notice" her where/whenever you want in town, and then I'll make a post explaining how she got there and continue interaction from there if that's ok!

Edited by Rahisaurus

“For now we are,” Savrehn said to Atamai. He looked frantically around for something to use on Kreigero’s injury, before settling on the scarf around his neck. He removed it and wrapped it around the other Ko-Matoran’s head. “But we’re trapped at the bottom of an ice crevasse, one of us is injured, and no one knows we’re out here.”

He grabbed his backpack and sat down on a mound of snow. “Some trip this has been…we have to get out of this place. Soon.”

Savrehn looked over at their Hapaka companion.

“Maybe we can send Reyal back to civilization and find some help," he suggested, half-jokingly.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, Drifts, Abyss]

Savrehn's bright red scarf shifted into a darker gradient was it was applied to the head wound. The knot that kept the makeshift bandage tight dangled over Kreigero's visor. She seemed to be extremely interested in its movements as she lightly tilted her head back and forth out of a childlike curiosity, the smooth movements only interrupted by her occasional shivers.

The Ko-Matoran was now laying down atop the same pile of snow from Mt. Ihu's attempt at strangling her not long before. Her shemagh was lowered to no longer obfuscate the lower half of her Kaukau, and she continued to take measured breaths, savoring the sweet icy knives of Ko-Wahi's air like a cigar aficionado after a smoky puff. As she did so, the huntress stroked Reyal's fur, the Hapaka having moved to nestle in her lap after some sniffs and a visor-blurring lick that verified the effectiveness of Savrehn's field triage.

“Maybe we can send Reyal back to civilization and find some help."

Kreigero giggled slightly with the drunken happiness of someone seemingly not fully 'there' yet, but Reyal was now staring right back at the other Ko-Matoran. The Hapaka's tilted head and devilishly clever eyes showed that he understood that he was the topic of conversation, and that it wasn't a thanks for helping the dull-sensed Matoran figure out where Kreigero obviously was. Savrehn was talking about Reyal and doing something, but anything past that was too strange and unusual to sound familiar.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC: Not at all @Visaru! Sorry for the multi-week delay

Niici — Ko-Wahi 

The Toa of Ice held her head high, her classy demeanor never faltering. Instead, she gave off an air of equanimity that implied her patience was generous, but had a limit. She nodded graciously to the Huna-wearing Ko-Matoran.

"I'm Niici, I live in the gated community to the north," she explained. "With me is my butler Seba, a returning resident named Jed, an injured monk named Daron, his friend Tailua, and my friend Makua. Makua is a fellow Toa of Ice who intends to take up residence in this village. Daron and Tailua will stay no longer than a day or two -- until they have recovered"

Niici liked the name "Daron". It was a last-minute idea to give him the name of a long-dead and forgotten lover of hers. The brash Ta-Matoran Guardsman met his end almost a century ago, and for as loud-mouthed as he was, he didn't seemed to be missed as much as other fallen Guardsmen. The robed and hooded Toa now being called "Daron" was shivering the most out of the group, completely unprepared for the frigid winds and not having the type of armor that active warrior Toa typically wore. The hood was covering his frosted face almost completely. This made him appear all the more vulnerable. Tailua's arm-attachment was also detached and concealed, making him also appear little less intimidating.

Niici's attention returned to the two Matoran guards in anticipation.

On 12/5/2021 at 5:15 AM, ARROW404 said:

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive

Well, if it hadn't been clear before, now it was- they were definitely not in league with one another. "Oh his name, of course." He gave his mask a little shake in self-beration. That would have been important to mention before. "He had a complicated name. Hard to pronounce. I wrote it down." He turned and left the records section, hastening back to his desk, and checked his list of library card-holders. There it was, last entry. He quickly returned to Cyrix, hoping to not keep him waiting. "Syzygos was the name he gave me. Though I can't guarantee it wasn't a pseudonym." He racked his brain for another moment, "Ah, he told me he was a copyist, or something to that effect, and that his work took him all around the island." He tried to remember where the Toa had said he was heading, but also wasn't sure if he wanted to reveal that yet. "He indicated he wanted good relations with our Akiri. And he didn't seem like the secretive type, to be honest." He twirled a pencil between his fingers. "May I ask why you're suspicious of him, honorable Toa?"

While Priicu was away, Cyrix had busied himself by rerolling the scrolls, taking care to not leave any obvious signs of his work. When Priicu returned, he had just finished rolling the last of them. Syzygos. Definitely a pseudonym. The cover story covered travelling; that fit the profile he was building. Specifically mentioning the Akiri though? Was it something to be suspicious of? Idle chatter? His quarry was definitely lying; a toa working as a copyist was extremely unlikely unless they found a way to use their abilities. And why had this Cy-Toa been in the Sanctum? The possible truth that the toa was a wandering typist crossed his mind, and had been doing just what that job entailed at the Sanctum before concluding business and heading here. But all in one day? Maybe he was getting something from the Sanctum archives?

"You may, but its mostly that some of these facts don't add up. I witnessed the same Cy-Toa, Syzogos as he gave his name, leaving the Sanctum earlier today, and leaving the Koro shortly before I traced him back here. And the Sanctum Guard employs no such Toa; I would have recognized him." He couldn't quite match every name to every mask yet, but he had been familiarizing himself with the Koro for some time now.

"I don't think he's a danger, but it's my job to protect Ko-Koro and its interests, both security and economic. I suspect he may be an agent on behalf of Onu-Koro." Cyrix left it at that, deciding to leave the information out there. In truth, he wasn't quite sure about his conclusion, but the ko-matoran didn't need to know that.

IC: The Creature

Safina's blade nicked the outer flesh of the creature's neck as it recoiled but failed to find purchase anywhere more substantial--the Muaka's neck had extended out to strike her, the animal committing none of its mass to the attack. Nevertheless, it howled before its tread growled backward on the dirt, foul red eyes unfocused as its head moved from side to side, blood spattering the earth. It seemed about to charge again, its claws digging in to the dirt, but its ears flicked and its head tilted as footsteps pounded past Safina, fleeing Matoran dashing out into the Dark Walk.

And yet.

Its eyes refocused on her, rather than easier prey, and another form came out of the darkness.

Tall, with thin insectoid arms and legs, gripping a staff easily in one hand, leaning on it as its hunched back straightened to place its other on the side of the Muaka's neck. Its own eyes glowed red, an echoing glint following in the eyes of the animal--and it stepped back into darkness as the Muaka charged, leaping with its claws forward, bulldozing its full weight into her.

OOC: @Perp

IC: Dark Figure, ???

The dark figure shimmered into a shape of midnight shadow as the leg swung through its feet, the chuckle ringing out through the hideout again as he fell into shadowy ooze, slipping between the cracks of Zueya's lightning cage and coming back into existence a few feet to the right. Ronan's friend was made visible by the crackling light of the cage--a dark, now familiar figure, though made more horrible by the light shimmering across a gaunt, withered face that was frozen into a mask of agony beneath his Pakari, thorns wrapped around his face, piercing through his legs and arms. And through his chest, a massive hole lingered--not bleeding like the dark figure's, rotting flesh visible around the edges.

"Ah, the trappings of mortality. So... Limiting, are they not? Allow for some liberation." The figure spared a bemused, faint smile for the corpse before drawing a figure across the lightning cage, blue electricity following up his arm before he threw it at a moving Skorm. When it left his hands the bolt was cloaked in shadow, hitting the Ba-Toa square in the chest.

He barely had time for an agonized scream before he was vaporized into shadow, the bolt illuminating the lines of infection in his mask before they became shattering cracks, his plates exploding from his body and the whirling pieces of mask falling to the ground. 

"Ah, but our time together draws short. I'm afraid I've entertained your presence here for far too long," he tsked, no regard for what he'd done, then melted into the shadows around him once again. Only his voice was left, the warm tones echoing through the shadows. "Allow my friends to show you out."

Ronan's blade flew into the darkness before clattering against something--a stave, held tightly in hand. The figure made a chattering sound as it stepped forward, black and gold armor glimmering in the light struggling against the blackness of the Dark Walk. It stopped at the edge of the light, hissing and stomping its staff into the ground. As if summoned, another form seemed to slip through the floor to the right side of it, one clad in grey.

"Charek."

The Lieutenant's voice came as a cold breeze started to blow through the hideout, making the Ko-Toa's coat tremble. "Use your mask. Retrieve those who ran into the Dark Walk and be prepared to herd them out. Darkahn, save your device until you see something elemental being used unless it works more generally." A shield of ice started to form on his left forearm before the Lieutenant abruptly split into three, one of the clones tossing the shield to another--

Just as Rall cried out, stepping to the side as burning earth fell on his head, the soil above him melting as two more shapes dropped in quick succession out of the scorched hole that had just formed. 

If he had been anything besides a Ta-Matoran, the molten earth would have done more than just hurt. 

The Lieutenant let out a breath, one of the clones raising the rifle to his eye. "Ronan. Get ready to run. Take the Matoran. I'll aid Skrihen, Zueya and Plagia in holding them, then we'll enact plan B. Darkahn, you're with me. Kehuri, you heard what was said before."

Kehuri, meanwhile, could tell--there had been no one where the shadowy figure had been. Nor had there been anyone where Skorm was, before or after his disintegration. Any revelations on this topic might be a bit less pressing, however, as a Rahkshi slipped through the ground behind him without disturbing any dirt or making a single vibration, its staff swinging to strike the Onu-Toa's spine. 

And as it surfaced, every Rahkshi's armor began to slowly morph and change, shifting colors through the spectrum in a maddening pattern.

OOC: Sorry this took so long, darlings. I already have some of the next one written and am no longer dying from exams : P There are now 5 Rahkshi in the hideout, two where the shadowy figure was, one at Kehuri's back, and two next to the exit. Oh, and Safina has one too. Best of luck. 

@Daniel the Finlander @Krayzikk @Visaru @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Goose @Void Emissary @ARROW404 @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Light
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Zueya - Dark Walk

As the figure melted into ooze, Zueya tried to collapse her cage in on itself; when the figure rematerialized, she tried to change tactics, focus the flow of electricity into the figure. It was a half-hearted attempt, and she didn't expect the figure to reach out, draw from the lightning, and redirect it. She was expecting it to redirect the bolt back at her. After she saw what happened, she wished that the figure had.

In the space of a single breath, the bolt hit Skorm, and the massive Ba-Toa was gone. Not vanished, not turned invisible; disintegrated. Zueya scarcely had time to react before the shadowy figure disappeared. She stared at where Skorm was. Nothing left, not a scrap of cloak, mask fragment, nothing. She felt numb, cold. She was joking with him just this morning. He couldn't be gone. Lightning of the voltage she had been throwing around couldn't do that to a person.

"Allow my friends to show you out."

It almost felt like an out-of-body experience looking around the room. Rahkshi; these were the first she had seen in person, but they were unmistakable. The Lieutenant's voice was distant, but came through crystal-clear: hold them off. She felt pinpricks along her spine, felt sparks all along her nerves. She glanced down; her legs were carrying her towards the Rahkshi that had materialized in place of the figure. The one who had killed Skorm. Her mask was glowing, she noted.

That was new. The pinpricks, her nerves - that was her body at its peak potential. She looked back at the rahkshi, and untensed her legs. Zueya flew at the creature, swinging her staff at its head.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 5:57 PM, Tarn said:

"How’s your head feel? Can you still walk?”

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, Drifts, Abyss]

The trapper's optics refocused, no longer blankly directed at the ghostly infinite stretch of void in the distance.

"What? Oh. Cold." she responded. It was unclear whether the adrenaline had yet to wear off, if she was hiding the severity of her wound, or if nobody truly knew. What all three Matoran could clearly tell was that she wasn't dead yet, and certainly looked to be improving, at least in terms of comprehension of their dire scenario.

As for the latter question, from where Kreigero was looking, it was clear that she intended to show, not tell, her answer. Most likely because she needed to answer it for herself. Snow crunched as Kreigero first sat up, then pushed herself on her feet. The huntress dizzily stumbled forward a few steps from the inertia of standing, but caught her balance just when it seemed she would topple.

The Ko-Matoran uncharacteristically shivered and shook snow off of her, absentmindedly patting various pockets to check what gear of hers was still on her and intact.

"He... might be able to climb out here, maybe make it back, if we can attach a message." Kreigero finally answered the previous question as she began to follow the other matoran, no longer at the front of the pack. At the pace she could barely walk at and with the overbearing weariness she felt, Kreigero was glad that they still had a rope making sure they didn't lose each over. In a comforting way, that meant they couldn't get any more lost.

"That's a lot of area for a search party to cover... we.... we're... not in very charted territory."

IC: Ronan (Dark Walk)

Ronan took a deep breath as the feeling of calm finally washed over her. She was relieved - this was the moment she was waiting for, after all. The tension lay in how it would happen.

And now, she got to do what she did best.

Her eyes turned first to where she had felt the door at the other end of the room - the door which promptly tore itself off its hinges, and flew not at the Rahkshi, but at her thrall. The metal warped as it hit him, reshaping itself to fill the cavity in his chest and form two long blades on his wrists.

Then he turned to the nearest Rahkshi, and charged.

"LT, we've got an illusionist on our hands!" It was a possibility she had been considering from the moment Skrihen aired her suspicions, but the sight of her new ally, and the way that he had conveniently been able to shift out of phase and avoid both the sweep to his legs and the cage turned it into a likelihood. What made it a certainty was Skorm's 'death' - shadow or no, that should have left some trace of a body, and it became very convenient to destroy the body a Tryna wearer could use. Or, rather, detect - her first instinct was to ping her surroundings, but Skorm's body was not hidden; either he was alive, or he'd been dead for some time now.

Either possibility was unhelpful at present, but regardless, it was all far too convenient - once is happenstance, twice is coincidence. And three times means somebody's cheating.

"I opened a doorway at the other end of the room - my money says our quarry and our puppeteer are both through there."

And now, the Matoran.

That they were running was inconvenient, although she suspected they had no choice in the matter - after all, Fear was a common Rahkshi power, and moreover, few Matoran dumb enough to take on this mission would also be smart enough to run away. The Matoran who had run would likely have reached at least the hallway by now - time to put Kehuri's Earth to the test.

"You two, with me!" She called to the two Matoran still standing vigil by the entrance, keeping her eyes on the battleground ahead as she retreated, already reaching out with her powers; the iron pillars in the hallway began to shift, turning horizontal, to catch the Matoran as they ran and then - if it worked - bend around them to keep them in place.

If they were already further than that, well - she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

OOC: @Light @Visaru

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Dartakh (The Dark Walk)

As Dartakh observed the bizarre events before him, it quickly became clear that the stranger had elemental powers likely related to shadows. But he waited patiently, perhaps against his better judgement, before using his anti-elemental device. He was a soldier, and good soldiers followed orders. There was nothing he could do but wait for them.

It was hard to stand by and do nothing when a Toa was vaporized before his eyes. He clenched his jaw, his claws grasping his device, but he did not press the button. Then, the stranger disappeared, leaving like a Rahi that had gotten bored of playing with its prey, and sent in his minions do finish them off.

Finally, the Lieutenant's orders came, albeit all too late. And the orders were obvious, too. "Understood, sir," he growled as they were quickly being surrounded by what appeared to be Rahkshi. His heartlight was glowing brighter as his body tensed itself for combat. Clearly, all the Rahkshi had powers of some kind, but now he was unsure if his device even worked on them. He had only ever used it on Toa and such, whose powers were clearly elemental in nature. And now was the worst possible time to experiment and find out. Like the Lieutenant had ordered, he would only use it when he saw elemental powers being used, so he put the device away for now.

But he did know that Rahkshi had strange powers, some of which could aim for the mind. Therefore he swapped his protosteel helmet with his Boruhka helm. The Rahkshi's fearsome reputation meant that he would never underestimate them. He also readied his shield and mace, standing near one of the Lieutenant's clones. It wasn't clear which clone was the one he should stay with, so he just remained close to the nearest one.

"Sir, before we all die gloriously, I'll have you know that my name is Dartakh, not Darkahn," he muttered to the Lieutenant and his clones.

OOC: @Light

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

On 12/20/2021 at 5:58 AM, Keeper of Kraata said:

"You may, but its mostly that some of these facts don't add up. I witnessed the same Cy-Toa, Syzogos as he gave his name, leaving the Sanctum earlier today, and leaving the Koro shortly before I traced him back here. And the Sanctum Guard employs no such Toa; I would have recognized him." He couldn't quite match every name to every mask yet, but he had been familiarizing himself with the Koro for some time now.

"I don't think he's a danger, but it's my job to protect Ko-Koro and its interests, both security and economic. I suspect he may be an agent on behalf of Onu-Koro." Cyrix left it at that, deciding to leave the information out there. In truth, he wasn't quite sure about his conclusion, but the ko-matoran didn't need to know that.

IC: Priicu

The librarian racked his memory for any mention of Onu-Koro, and came up empty. "He didn't mention Onu-Koro, from what I can remember. I think I am tapped out of information."

On 12/22/2021 at 8:21 AM, Light said:

The Lieutenant let out a breath, one of the clones raising the rifle to his eye. "Ronan. Get ready to run. Take the Matoran. I'll aid Skrihen, Zueya and Plagia in holding them, then we'll enact plan B. Darkahn, you're with me. Kehuri, you heard what was said before."

Kehuri, meanwhile, could tell--there had been no one where the shadowy figure had been. Nor had there been anyone where Skorm was, before or after his disintegration. Any revelations on this topic might be a bit less pressing, however, as a Rahkshi slipped through the ground behind him without disturbing any dirt or making a single vibration, its staff swinging to strike the Onu-Toa's spine.

IC: Kehuri

The mysterious- and now at least five times scarier- figure being gone, Kehuri carried out his orders as best he could figure how. As quickly a possible, he sent a wave through the earth, a rippling tremor that made the ground wrinkle several inches up, then abruptly back down- but with some extra focus, kept it from hitting his allies. As he did so, something struck him from behind.

CLANG!

The shock halted his focus and the ripple stopped, its radius having only traveled a little past halfway through the room. The Rahkshi's strike impacted with his back-mounted kite-shield, however and sent him rolling forward. He could feel a dent in it, rubbing against his back as he whipped around to face it. Kehuri was nothing if not prepared. Most would find it redundant for a Toa with a Hau to carry one shield. He carried two. And this Rahkshi hadn't anticipated that. Even if his ripple had sent its blow awry somehow, it might well have saved his life.

How had this one gotten here? His earth-sense seemed suddenly useless as half of their foes appeared capable of bypassing it, one way or another. Just as well though, he couldn't focus on that while fighting. He barely had time to process what had happened to... was that really the Ba-Toa? Had he been using his gravity power to float? Was that why he hadn't felt him? Or had he been some sort of illusion? This place was messing with their heads... No time to figure this out!

Training kicked in as everything simultaneously went to Karz. Throwing up his shield, he thrust the beam of his lighstone as squarely into the face of his Rahkshi attacker as he could. Seizing the precious seconds its flinch gave him, he reached through his element to Rall, whom he figured was in the most perilous situation. Two limbs of earth wrapped around the Matoran's waist and dragged him across the room to Kehuri's side. Not graceful, but it was swift. The Toa of Earth crouched, shield out, putting the Matoran's still steaming body between himself and the shield, activating his Hau, and keeping the two Rahkshi that had emerged right by Rall in his peripheral vision.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Ho ho ho!

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, Between a glacier and a hard place]

Survival was the only option. The unknown was their only path to it.

The group continued their slow march, the only saving grace to their predicament being shelter from the biting winds they could hear howl dozens of meters above them. Otherwise, it was eerily quiet in the abyss. Utterly devoid of life, there was only the crunch of snow and ice underfoot and their own struggled breathing that echoed from the narrow walls.

The setting sun's light softly drifted in through the opening out of sight far above them, slowly wavering even further, prompting the group to pull out any remaining lightstones. The darkness fought their glow, seemingly swallowing the light just a few meters ahead. Strange shadows danced along the walls as the crystals jostled from the movement.

It was in these conditions that Kreigero froze still after seeing an unusual metallic glint reflect back at them after three matoran rounded a corner.

"Am-m-m-m-m I...? is that...? did my optics g-g-get damaged?" the freezing Ko-Matoran stuttered. She knew this is impossible. This was impossible. Impossible.

Embedded in the glacial wall before them was an impossibly smooth metal wall.

Edited by BULiK

IC, Atamai: Ko-Wahi

Atamai raised his eyebrows and stepped forward to where Kreigero was looking. He stretched out a hand and touched the wall. It was smooth, cold, and definitely metal. 

"Clearly someone built something here," the Ta-Matoran said. He began to follow along, letting his fingers glide along the metal structure as he went. "Let's see where this goes. Maybe if we're lucky we can find some shelter."

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn time to lead us to plimbo's house!

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, Echelon's #### House, Exterior]

Something was very wrong. Kreigero was hoping that it was a hallucination, or that she was already dead and this was a sign they were in Karzahni, but no, this was all too real.

"You don't get it," the trapper snapped. "This isn't l-l-like the outskirts of other Koros - maybe a few people live out here periodically, but nobody builds out here."

OOC: @Ghosthands, care to set the scene?

Edited by BULiK

:i::c: - The Gates of Ko-Koro

The guards nodded. One scribbled down their travelers’ names on a small ice tablet while the others remained static in front of the gates. The Pakari-wearing guard’s gaze lingered on “Daron”. She remembered well that the Legacy members who had taken the Koro before had snuck in by pretending to be religious devotees. She dug around in her pack.

As the scribe recorded their entrance, the Hau-wearer rattled off apologies, “We’re sorry to keep you all waiting out here in the cold. I promise you, the city is worth the wait, and once you’re inside the walls will shelter you from the wind, at least. I’m sure it can’t rival Niici’s hospitality, but if you’re looking for a warm place to while away the hours, there’s a large brick Inn on the main road to the sanctuary, can’t miss it, I hear it’s great for foreigners.”

By this time, the scribe had finished his work, and the guards parted to let them in.

As Niici and her party made her way toward the gates, the Pakari-wearing approached “Daron”. Noticing him shivering, she offered him a heatstone, uncapping it so even those who didn’t recognize it at first could feel the warmth of her gift.

As she presented it to “Daron”, she made to step right in front of him, close enough that from her short angle she could catch a glimpse under his hood…

The Darkwalk Hideout

Rall yowled as the molten earth fell across his face, leaping back and swiping it off him in panic. The fear effect still suffused his bones, and the surprise entrance of the Rahkshi had rattled what little resistance he had been able to muster against it. He backed up against the wall, swinging his spear wildly against the two, howling a war cry…

But before the Rahkshi could lunge at him, twin arms of earth embraced him, pulling him across the the room to Kehuri, out of the reach of the two monsters by the exit. Rall struggled against the stone bonds as they rescued him, panic having brushed away the rational part of his mind, until he found himself behind the large shield of the Toa of Earth. Gasping, he took in his new position. This was when he realized that one of his eyes wouldn’t open. 

With a loud curse, he raised his trembling spear, finding himself back to back with Kehuri, taking deep shaky breaths as he tried to steel himself for whatever was coming next.

Rall’s companion, the lone Ko-Matoran guard still in the room, let her fear overtake her as Ronan sprinted past. She fled from the room at the side of the Toa of Iron.

In the passageway outside, they found two other guards lying on the ground, struggling around metal snakes of iron that were wrapped around their body. The others had evaded capture by Ronan. They were already out in the expanse of the dark walk itself, or had managed enough presence of mind to evade the pillar trap. 

The Ko-Matoran guard alongside Ronan could not muster a comment — all her willpower was able to manage was keeping pace with the Toa. 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC [Glacial caves, northern Ko-Wahi]

The metal itself was unremarkable: grey, smooth, and uncorroded despite the ice that surrounded it and the meltwater that trickled along the floor of the glacial cave. Rectangular in shape, the structure was set into one wall of ice. The only light around was now the glow from the group's Lightstones, which didn't penetrate far beyond the curved and pitted surface of the azure ice, but there seemed to be a darkness behind the metal shape, as it would if the structure extended deep into the glacier.

At the centre of the metal shape, there was a recessed section taller than a Toa. If any of the Matoran reached out to touch it, they would find it cold — but unlike its surroundings, not quite freezing. They might think it looked somewhat like a door, albeit one with no discernible handle, lock, or hinges. Just one perfectly smooth metal surface, set within another.

And if any of them looked carefully at the rock-strewn grey sand beneath their feet, in places clear of the meltwater streams, they might be able to make out a set of footprints leading directly to the structure — but not away from it.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @~Xemnas~

Edited by Ghosthands
plimbos, plimbos in the deep
  • Like 3

IC, Atamai: Outside Echelon's Lair

The scholar sighed and approached what appeared to be a doorway. "Dead end," he said bluntly. "For us, at least." He pointed to the footprints on the ground. "Someone is clearly home. Judging by how this seems to be a door with no handle, I'm guessing the owner is a Toa of Iron or Magnetism. Which means the only way in is with elemental powers." Atamai sat down on the cold ground, racking his brain as to how a Matoran could gain entry. That is, if he even wanted to gain entry. Who knew what was hiding behind the door? Was the occupant even friendly?

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, North, Glacial Caves]

Closer inspection of the monolith raised more questions than it answered. Kreigero ran her hand along the almost seamless edge of the embossed threshold, as if trying to prove that what she was feeling was real. It felt wrong. It felt real.

The fresh prints stood out to the trapper like a sore thumb. The preceding visitor made no attempt to obfuscate his approach, much like the three matoran had made too many tracks to cover up. There was no telling if or how the hermit would emerge, but when he did so, unless the matoran made it to the drifts above in time - of which there was no guarantee - it wouldn't be difficult to know they were there and follow their own, larger trail to catch up with them. If that was the unknown's intention. The hermit clearly had the tread of a Toa, but that did not sway Kreigero towards any particular guess at their allegiance.

What would someone be up to with a bunker out here? Was this a hideaway of a criminal or their gang? One of the rumored secret Ko-Koronan listening stations? Or perhaps an unmarked temple of ancient treasure? Mystery and Fate were at work, and both were equally dangerous to the huntress. She took a step back and looked to her companions.

"If they wanted to be found, they would have. I know nothing of this place, or any like it."

Edited by BULiK

IC: Safina - Ko-Wahi Dark Walk

Ironically, neither the frigid blast of icy wind in the drifts aboveground nor the all-encompassing chill of the deepest black caverns caused as much of a shiver as the sound of the Muaka’s pained cry, echoing and reverberating down both directions that the passage extended. It was as that horrible sound faded back to nothingness that, apart from the low growl and shifting of paws upon stone now emanating from the revealed beast, Safina’s resolve returned and the panicked ululations of the Matoran in the side passage became suddenly apparent in her consciousness. She backed up another step, making more distance between the Muaka and herself, just as the Matoran burst into the main passage, fleeing from something within. The realization hit the exo-armored Turaga that something had already gone terribly wrong.

The Muaka shifted its gaze to the Matoran now entering its vision, and Safina spared a brief glance over her shoulder as well, seeing iron bars forming as if to cut off the escape of the Matoran from the hideout. Many questions entered her mind as she pondered who or what was forming the metal, but quickly returning her attention to the Muaka cast them all out for the time being, for its attention was now refocusing on her as another form stepped out of the shadows.

Beast! she hissed between clenched teeth as the magenta-clad Rahkshi made itself visible. The Muaka it evidently had under its spell shifted its weight, and Safina realized that this time, it made ready to pounce. Likewise, she shifted her feet, visualizing its trajectory and planning her own strike. The Rahkshi retreated back into the cover of darkness and a moment later, the giant red-eyed cat leapt forward with a weight and ferocity that would surely have killed her if she hadn’t the combined strength and speed of her suit and training. Her feet were moving mere milliseconds after the Muaka pounced, swinging the Exo-Matoran cleanly out of the way of the creature’s crushing weight, putting her back parallel to the forming iron bars.

One thing she had noticed seconds earlier, during the Muaka’s first strike, was how much slower and less responsive the suit’s arms were compared to the relatively free movement of the legs - clearly, the weight of the lightstone torch and blade slowed the arms down enough that the response time between her own movement translating to the suit’s arms was significantly more than it could have been. To this end, in the same movement that brought her out of the way of the Muaka’s pounce, she brought the suit’s left leg up into a powerful front kick, aimed straight at the neck of the beast.

• Like 1

Dread. That was all he felt as he stared at the door—a door, here, in the middle of nowhere surrounded by ice and snow—that stood before them. He broke his gaze away from it and turned to his companions.

“I don’t like it. Whatever, whoever’s behind that thing, hiding out in there…something feels wrong.”

Savrehn looked to Kreigero specifically. “You know how people like us think, we go with our gut feelings. I say we walk away, pretend we didn’t see this, and hope there’s another way out of here.”

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Kreigero [Ko-Wahi, North, Glacial Caves]

Kreigero shivered as she took careful look at the situation. The trapper tried to shove the pain back inside, to shut off the ringing alarms, and to think about the grim calculus at hand. There were only so many options, and none of them were good.

"Something is wrong, no m-m-matter what the Karz t-t-this is," she began, looking back towards the only opinion that had any sway with her. Besides Reyal, of course. "We can't open this, but someone can, and that someone IS inside. It's nightffffall, with a thick storm. Even iffff we find a way out of this ravine, we'd need to make camp to wait it out if we don't want the drifts to take us again. And when this Toa comes out, they'll know we were here."

"So the q-q-question is: do we want this Toa to find us, or us to find them?"

Edited by BULiK

IC, Atamai: Outside Echelon's Lair

Atamai looked up at the pair. "I think it's better for us to find this Toa. At least we'd have a heads up." He stood up and turned back to the doorway. He reached out and rapped on the metal loudly.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" 

The Ta-Matoran had no idea if the occupant could hear anyone knocking through the thick metal.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Ghosthands