Jump to content

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, The Wise Man’s Archive

Yeah get in line.

Niici’s gaze moved to the lawyer in response. As a force of habit, she looked him up and down. Based on the price tag of his clothing, Niici deduced that he was likely one of those “truth-hunting” lawyers. In spite of the dig from said lawyer, the Toa’s smile grew.

“Pleasure meeting a lawyer in the wild, Mr Fenn,” Niici said, her voice sounding even softer and almost flirty. The frank, business-like tone she initially took on was momentarily dropped, “We have many lawyers of our own on staff who remind us — repeatedly — that creating a friendly environment for our most generous and successful merchants is and will remain unassailable in court. In fact, I could introduce you to some of them after this. They all love to share knowledge and meet others in the craft.”

Her mask glowed as she reached behind her with her right hand. One of the unoccupied chairs responded to her beckon and moved up behind her — as if some invisible butler had followed her inside and was seating her. She gracefully sat down and then moved her gaze from Muir to Cyrix and then finally to the one gazing at her: the man known as "Syzygos"

"Is he your lawyer, my friend?" she asked Syzygos point blank. Her tone was now more neutral, but still sounded more friendly than when she initially walked in.

OOC: @Goose @BULiK @ARROW404 @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill watched the woman sit down across the table from him, his expression aloof. After a momentary pause, he nodded in response to her question.

  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive back room

The Ko-Matoran withheld a wince at Muir's venomous words, though his jaw did tighten a touch, nervously glancing between the Toa. So she was a member of the Cultured Gentry. A couple of their members were regulars at the library, though beyond their taste in fine literature and philosophy, he knew little. Despite running a fine enough establishment, he was still what most would consider working-class.

His mind drifted a moment to his ongoing investments though, Syzygos's copy crystals, and the Ko-tatsus he had ordered... With some well-placed words, he might find his way into the upper crust's good graces. Just an idle thought, though. He quite enjoyed his current business. Some enhancements would just be nice.

He blinked the thought away and carried on listening in silence.

  • Like 4

 

2048935661_signaturepic.thumb.png.21e1a66277c8c8da20efd96d640d8354.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive Backroom, Ko-Koro

The Le-Toa nodded in greeting to Niici, observing both her and the reactions of the Po-Koro pair. He leaned back as Niici literally took a seat at the table. This was what he was afraid of; hopefully, everything would stay civil - and controlled. Still, better to nudge it towards that goal. Under his disc buckler, he pulled the lodestones apart slightly before letting them click back together.

"Niici," he said with a gentle smile, "You arrived just in time."

Lie.

He could use her appearance to his advantage. "Syzygos and Muir are investigating some events that occurred during the occupation. Turns out they dovetail into some matters that the Kalta have been looking into. Chairwoman, how familiar are you with the Legacy?"

 

*          *          *

 

"Medium hahnah bisque."

The De-Matoran chef nodded brusquely, and Casanuva handed over his thermos before shuffling off to the side. He handed a few widgets to the cashier, who gave him his steaming thermos and a small bun. "Thank you," he smiled and raised the thermos, taking in the rich smell. He had gotten a taste for this back in Ga-Koro, and was delighted when the soup shop had started carrying it.

Next in line, he heard his teammate audibly thinking, like she was a vast calculator grinding her gears. What vast knowledge of prognostication required this work?

"Hmmm... I'll take the jambalaya, Po-Koro style." The chef's frown slightly deepened as she took Kalyss's thermos. Moments later, Kalyss dropped a few widgets into the palm of the cashier as she was handed back her thermos.

"Uh, don't I get bread?"

Oh dear Mata Nui. Casanuva tried to get Kalyss's attention, making a quick chopping motion over his throat.

"Bread is extra. Next!"

"But you gave him a roll," the Su-Toa said, gesturing at Casanuva. The blue-armored Fa-Toa held up his hands defensively.

"Kalyss, it's fine. I will give you my bread. Lookout duty, remember?"

The Toa Kalta of Plasma sighed audibly in frustration as she joined Casanuva; he sighed silently in relief as she didn't get them banned from his favorite soup place. He tossed the bread roll to Kalyss, who quickly caught it. "Hey, that Ko-Toa lady was let in." The two had taken up their earlier positions at the edge of one of Ko-Koro's bridges, overlooking the avenue with the Wise Man's Archive. Casanuva took a gulp of his soup before replacing the lid and magnetizing the thermos to his belt. When Cyrix had asked the two of them for their help when he had dropped in, he had already wanted to tap out from the scuffle with Soraph earlier; his bandaged shoulder was still a little sore.

The lodestones that he was tracking were still together; no signal yet. "Apparently, he was expecting her. Of course he was." He heard Kalyss inhale to reply, but it was cut off by a bestial roar. He spotted a winged shadow passing over the Koro spread out beneath them; their gazes went to the sky. Casanuva had trouble seeing anything, there was so much reflected light; Kalyss apparently had no such issue, being a Su-Toa.

"Some sort of flying rahi; reptilian, not a gukko. It looks like it's touching down in the Koro center. Let's... What's up?" She ended her command with a tilt of her head.

Casanuva was staring at the library below them. "I just felt a signal. Small one, he put them back together; he wants eyes on the situation."

The deputy of the Kalta looked from the library to where the dragon had just landed, and back to Casanuva. "Okay, Cas, you stay here and be ready to intervene, I'm going to check this out. If I need backup, I'll throw up a flare. If I need all hands on deck..."

"Three flares, understood. Good luck, glorious leader; don't get eaten."

Kalyss gave him a wry smile, punching him softly in his wounded shoulder, as a reminder of what would have happened without her around. Her Great Kakama glowed as her form blurred, and she was off.

 

*          *          *

 

With the Kakama, you had to cede a lot of control over your movement to physics and reaction time; it was never about how fast you could go, it was what you could do with it. Running straight the the Koro center would have been pretty dangerous, but Kalyss was very practiced; she didn't need to think in straight lines. Walls, rooftops, and the open air were just as easy to traverse for her. It was less than a minute since the sighting before Kalyss skidded to a halt in the Koro's center, spraying melted snow and steaming from her armor.

It talked. This wasn't just a misplaced rahi; beyond that, its eyes glittered with intelligence. Well, at least that gave her something to work with.

Kalyss held her empty hands out as she approached the dragon. She spoke loudly to be heard above the din of surprised matoran. "Attention, my name is Kalyss of the Toa Kalta, guardian of Ko-Koro. I can see that you're not just a rahi; provided your intentions are peaceful, all are welcome in Ko-Koro. What is your business here?"

OOC: @Emzee @ARROW404 @BULiK @Goose @Snelly

 

  • Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

The dragon looked at this Kalyss of the Toa Kalta, guardian of Ko-koro as she appeared. That name was quite the mouthful, was it in order to make up for their small stature? 

This Kalyss was also quite fast, impressively so. "Hello, Kalyss of the Toa Kalta. I am Kaminari. I came here to see why my elders think you small ones are so interesting, so far it has not been disappointing." These buildings of theirs, and how they all scurried about were quite amusing to the draconic Mystix. 

@Keeper of Kraata

  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

After walking for several minutes and certainly not several months, Dahkapa arrived back at the gates of his home town. They remained tightly shut thanks to the heightened security. He looked around trying to see if Joskander had already arrived and gotten past the gates. If not, then he'd wait, rather than bother the guards to open the gates just so he could go outside to look for the Toa.

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) also feel free to do a little time skip for joskander i guess

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro Gates)

"...wha?  Oh, dang, um, ah-"

There was a clamor of wildly uncoordinated shuffling from behind Dahkapa, and suddenly Joskander was sliding up to his side, one arm frantically waving for balance, the other clutching a mug of steaming Mahi broth.  A mildly perturbed guard grabbed his arm, and he steadied himself with a sheepish grin.  "Oof.  Thanks."

He turned to Dahkapa, small rivulets of soup and turnip bits dripping over his fingers.  "Heyo, brother.  Had a feeling you'd show up the moment I stepped away."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

Dahkapa turned around as he heard a familiar voice accompanied by noise coming from behind him. Joskander was indeed here, but it looked like he had gotten hungry in the meantime. The sight of food made him think about the last time he had eaten. He didn't remember.

He smiled at his remark and spoke: "Greetings. I am glad to see you in one piece. Ak'rei'an must've kept you safe. How was your journey? Did anything... unexpected happen at the outpost?"

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro Gates)

"Eeeh, sorta kinda."  Joskander started to shrug, then winced when a little bit of soup splashed over the side of his mug.  He tried to ignore the comment about Ak'rei'an.  "That Toa of Sonics was definitely just some random guy that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I ended up taking him to Ko with me.  We split up after we got inside, but I figure he's still somewhere around here."  He sipped at his soup, then smirked and added, "Also, y'know how I mentioned the guys who ran the place were gone?  Believe it or not, one of their leaders showed up again a little after you left- apparently, he was getting the gang started back up again.  Go figure."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

Dahkapa listened quietly, then nodded. "Hm, I might've met that person on my way here. Was he a Vortixx? He seemed rather friendly for a leader of a mercenary gang."

He looked at Joskander's messy hands and frowned. "...Before you answer that, perhaps we should sit down somewhere before talking, so you can finish your meal in peace."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro Gates)

Oh, that's right, they did run into each other along the way, didn't they?  Joskander took a long swig of soup.  He'd somehow forgotten that part of his conversation with Enforcer... if not what it had led to.  Bury that thought for now.  That's a fuse just waiting to blow.

"Ah, don't worry about the food," he said, taking care not to shrug this time.  "I always eat on my feet, and I'm in the mood for pacing anyways.  Of course, if you want a table, I don't mind looking."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, The Wise Man’s Archive

“Oh, familiar enough, as most of the poor souls who remained here along with me will tell you,” Niici said.

Before she continued, the Toa of Ice steeled herself and made an effort to gather her thoughts. Her time during the Ko-Koro takeover was… complicated.

“Sure, people could leave if they wanted after the town fell to Makuta’s Legacy, but as a Toa, it was my duty to protect my people here. Sadly, it wasn’t enough to save all of our members of the Gentry. We lost a few,” Niici explained, “I’ve seen what Makuta’s Legacy has done… from a distance.”

She then straightened up in her chair, after a cold shiver appeared to move through her spine. Her face looked like a cocktail mix of fearful and mournful.

“So what’s this about?”

Vidar — Ko-Koro, Niici’s Home

Pictures danced around in front of the Toa’s eyes and he stared aimlessly at the lights above him. His room was in the basement of his captor’s home. Its corners were dark but the center of the room hosted a cluster of lightstones from the ceiling. Nearby was a small bed, a table, and a shelf full of linens. Vidar did not track time the same way most did, and so he could not be certain how many times a day the Matoran appeared to bring him food and organize his room. At any rate, the luminosity of the lights above provided enough stimulus to Vidar’s aching mind to give him ideas to entertainment himself with.

For the longest time, the deadly warrior prodded his own wrecked brain to figure out what the bright lights reminded him of. It had become an object of fixation for him, one of many he’s had over the years since his final battle with the Warrior of Light who was too cruel to even kill him.

Vidar looked up and focused on the shapes on the walls — shadows cast by the light fixture above him. Suddenly, an image appeared in his mind to give him pause.

It was the shape of a Toa, wearing a mask of Psychometry. Vidar was restrained, and on a cold, metal table. Other Matoran were there too, carving notes into their tablets.

In the grungy, shadowy corner of the rusty metal room, there was a black and light gray Toa wearing a Great Akaku. He stood intently, appearing to take in the scene. Then, sharp pains tore through his back like Nui Jaga stingers. Needles poked at the tender area on his back where his Parakuka companion once lived. Each prick sending shockwaves of agony straight to Vidar’s brain. But Vidar was strong, he clenched his teeth and grunted through each prod, refusing to surrender any more of his mind than he already had. Finally, the Toa of Air had had enough. The people inside began to gasp and choke, some of them grabbing their necks. The difference in air pressure made the only doors leading out stuck in their places. All of the air in the room was now within Vidar and it gave him immense energy. The bonds that kept him snapped, and now, it was Vidar who was choking the life out of one of the Matoran who had prodded his aching back. He could see and smell the fear within the Matoran’s eyes. Truly, it was like old times.

No… that smell was different. The Matoran smelled more like a crab soup. Like the ones they made in Ko-Koro…

It had been nearly half an hour before Vidar was freed from his vision. The steaming bowl of soup resting on the table on the opposite side of the basement room. His hunger overpowered whatever dreams pulled him from reality, and within moments, he was at his desk, furiously drinking down the massive serving of soup.

OOC: @Goose @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata @ARROW404

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

Unlike Joskander, Dahkapa did shrug. "I only proposed it because you appear quite messy. But if that doesn't bother you, then it is alright." He paused for a moment, then asked: "Where did you get that soup from, in any case? Though I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of food store was already opened. My home town has recovered remarkably quickly from all the destruction. It makes me happier than you may think..."

He looked around himself, once again admiring the restored glory of Ko-Koro. The citizens had diligently fulfilled their Duty and resurrected a dead settlement. Was this not a divine sign of a perfect symbiosis of Mata Nui and Ak'rei'an?

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro gates)

"Oh, yeah, everyone's getting settled in pretty quick.  Found this-" Joskander tapped the side of his mug- "at some cafeteria just a little ways over thataway."  He pointed a thumb over his shoulder.  "No name on it or anything.  Think it might've started out as some sort of public service soup kitchen thing back when people were just starting to clean up around here, and the owners just decided to run with it.  Good stuff."

He took another swig and let the broth sit in his mouth for a moment before swallowing, savoring the taste.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

He nodded and even smiled a little. "Glad to hear. The forces of Makuta have no chance against such a determined people."

But his smile faded as quickly as it had appeared, and the glanced towards the direction of the Sanctum. "In any case, I do not know what you were planning to do here, but I need to visit the Sanctum. You can come along if you have no important duties to fulfill."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro gates)

"Sanctum?"  Sip.  "What for?"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

"I am trying to find a book or two," he replied, then glanced around him and lowered his voice almost to a whisper. "About Ak'rei'an."

"That's all you need to know, really," he said with a normal voice. "Unless you want to be indoctrinated and learn more about Him."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro gates)

Joskander grimaced.  "Buddy, if it's something you can't talk about in public, I'm not particularly sure if it's a good idea."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro Center

So, basically a very cryptic tourist.

"All right," the Su-Toa said, approaching the Mystix, lowering her hands. It clearly wasn't hostile, or it would have done something already. "It's just... well, Ko-Koro has been through a rough time recently, and while all visitors are welcome so long as they have peaceful intentions, we get a bit nervous when someone doesn't check in at the gate."

She breathed a sigh of relief; she had already been involved in a scuffle today and she didn't want to have another. "Is there anything I can do for you, Kaminari? Directions, information?"

A talking Rahi was definitely not what she was expecting today, either.

OOC: @Snelly

 

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

The Toa of Air studied the perfect form of the Ko-Toa seated across from him. He hadn't seen her during his time observing in occupied Ko-Koro. But still, everything she said technically applied to him as well. Cyrix was silent as he waited for either Syzygos or Muir to answer Niici.

OOC: @BULiK @Emzee @Goose @ARROW404

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

"A gate?" The Mystix looked around, before spotting the gate. She snorted as she looked back at the Toa. "And how I was I supposed to know there was a gate? You can't see it from the sky." Now that Kaminari thought about it, it didn't seem like these small ones could fly, so perhaps the gate made sense...her point still stood though. 

Kalyss was offering information, that was a mistake that Kaminari would take advantage of. "Well since you're offering. I'd like to know as much as possible about this Ko-koro, tell me everything."

@Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC - The Sanctum Guard - Ko-Koro Center

Kaminari and Kalyss's conversation was suddenly interrupted as two squads of Sanctum Guards finally caught up with the Kakama-wearing Toa Kalta, emerging from the nearby streets to surround Kaminari, aiming shining spears and loaded Patero launchers at the uninvited draconic visitor and ushering the civilians out of the area. The distant sound of stomping of feet heralded more reinforcements on their way. 

OOC

@Keeper of Kraata@Snelly

  • Like 2

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Keeper of Kraata said:

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

Cyrix was silent as he waited for either Syzygos or Muir to answer Niici.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, Emzee said:

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, The Wise Man’s Archive

“So what’s this about?”

IC: Vrill [Wise Men's Archive, The Backroom]

'Syzygos' was content to keep Cyrix and Niici waiting... but after a glance to Muirtagh, he relented.

"Antidermis."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

A tight knot of disgust had formed in Muir's stomach, a reflexive response to Niici's suddenly playful tone. The woman was truly repellant, in a way few people Muir had ever met had the capacity to be; he imagined, face-to-face with Hewkii, that he might feel something similar, if not quite as potent – after all, Hewkii genuinely seemed to believe that he was protecting Po-Koro.

Niici, on the other hand, knew and embraced that she and her cohorts acted entirely out of greed and self-interest.

And as for her so-called 'lawyers,' Muir knew their kind all too well, and he suspected Niici knew just how insulting it was to describe them as his peers. They were a perversion of everything the job was meant to be, glorified thugs in designer suits – they had no interest in justice, and they defended their blatantly criminal clients not out of a belief that everyone deserves the best possible defence, but solely in order to line their pockets, the better to buy mattresses luxurious enough that they might sleep easy at night. Theirs were trials of cover-ups and out-of-court settlements, the cruel calculus of cost-efficiency. Their line of work was obfuscation, not representation, and they were an insult to the field.

It was these thoughts, and the Rode-granted awareness that every word she spoke was an untruth, that occupied Muir's mind, too concerned with considering the room's occupants to remember that he, too, was a participant in this conversation, until Vrill said the word that all of this seemed to hinge on.

Muir grimaced, and forced himself to tune back in. This could get messy.

OOC: @BULiK @ARROW404 @Keeper of Kraata @Emzee

  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

He sighed wearily. "I know. But what can I do about blind bigotry? I need to learn more about my faith, one way or another, now that my ties to the Brotherhood have been cut. If they see me as an enemy because I want to learn, then Ko-Koro has truly lost its soul."

Then he turned towards the Sanctum. "If you think this is a bad idea, then feel free to stay here. I have already made my decision."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro gates)

Joskander frowned bitterly down into his mug, watching bits of meat and tubers swirl slowly in the broth.  He stole a quick glance at the guards beside the two Toa; if they'd been listening, they were doing a good job of looking like they hadn't.  Not that he would have expected anything else of them, of course.

After a long moment, he grunted, drained the rest of his mug in a single swig, and put a hand on Dahkapa's shoulder.  "Brother.  Promise me you're not gonna do anything stupid.  Okay?  I just..."  The Toa of Air grit his teeth and tried his best to keep his voice low.  Some part of him wanted to yell for the guards, to shout loud enough for the whole Koro to hear- but he wasn't willing to betray Dahkapa again just yet.  "You talked about your- your conversion, or whatever, like it was a necessary evil.  And I feel really, really uncomfortable with anything that could make you believe something like that could be justifiable.  I'm worried, man.  I'm really worried."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2022 at 1:16 AM, BULiK said:

IC: Kreigero [The Drifts]

"Right." She agreed in the verbal equivalent of two simultaneous handshakes. "Let's go, Sav."

Kreigero and Savrehn resumed laboriously trudging through the snow side by side in large, focused strides. She nervously winced during an inaudible chuckle to herself that she was just experiencing a side effect of the head trauma. The huntress kept her mind distracted from the urge to ponder by counting each of the deep breaths she took as they marched across the tundra.

OOC: Gonna pick up the pace here, move us along somewhat

IC: Kreigero [The Drifts]

Ko-Wahi's drifts were infamous for their ability to consume travelers in a labyrinth of snow dunes. In the shadows of night, with only the soft glow of bounced moonlight as proof that you weren't blind, and the bitter cold the only proof that you weren't dead, it needed no walls to become a maze.

And yet within this abyss, there was a place that all explorers knew. A collection of stones - ruins, really - placed in formation in a time before any living recall. Amidst the harshest of storms, these stones did not fall nor crack. Within their borders, there was a solemn pact of peace. Rarely had it been violated. That peaceful reputation made the unmarked cairn a surprising sight - these nearby stones were a new addition. Yet, it was clear that they were placed with as much care as the monoliths that were tribute to Mata Nui.

It was hard to say if superstition or serendipity lead the three Matoran to the temple of peace. What was certain was that the decision to finally make camp there was uncontested.

~~~

Kreigero did not awake to the bright lights of Artakha, or even the rising red glow of the sun. She woke up because it was raining. Strange - it never rains this high up.

Rain was never that warm, either. Nor did it smell like... fur?

Kreigero began wiping a familiar Hapaka's slobber off of her cheek. She blinked as she saw Reyal, reminding herself that she wasn't dead.

  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 1:50 AM, BULiK said:

"Antidermis."

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, Wise Man’s Archive (Back Room)

Niici’s eyes flitted but the Toa’s composure stayed as solid as ice. In fact, she was too still. After a breath, she relaxed her shoulders and her eyes softened. She appeared almost relieved, yet her facial expression mostly remained neutral.

“I’m afraid I don’t know what that is,” Niici said finally, “Other than — I suppose — being some sort of weapon or tool used by the Legacy”

Niici did genuinely feel more relaxed now that a foreign term came into play. If this was the direction the discussion was going then she could only gain from participating. Ignorance, every once in a while, could be a useful tool when granted. Whatever she learned today could prove to be useful to her or to one of her business partners.

“This sounds like the start to an interesting story I'm about to hear. What is this 'Antidermis'?” the chairwoman asked expectantly.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Goose 

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill looked at Cyrix. He did have the most up-close experience with someone under Antidermis's influence. Well, closer than Vrill had seen, at least.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Temple of Peace

The Ta-Matoran stared at the cairn, lost in thought. He had never personally visited the Temple of Peace before now, but even he knew that the structure in front of him was relatively new. 

Fairly large, so not a Matoran... he mused. His fiery eyes darted around. In certain places, he could see broken bits of rock. Signs of a struggle. Ironic that the Temple of Peace appears to have been the site of a skirmish. But the question is...

He glanced back at the cairn.

Who lost?

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

"I understand your concern," Dahkapa replied, and thought once again of what the Vortixx had told to him out in the Wahi. "But do not worry. I know how my fellow Ko-Koroans feel about my faith, and I do not seek to antagonize them. I promise I will not try to impose my beliefs on others by force. That was the Brotherhood's greatest failure. True conversion can only come through reason and understanding. Because in the end, it was not the torture that opened my eyes to the truth."

He began to walk towards the Sanctum. "If you truly are so worried about me, then perhaps you should follow."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
the

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive Backroom, Ko-Koro

"Well," Cyrix began, adjusting his chair, "From what the Kalta know from our investigations into it, its a potent mutagen that the forces of Makuta, as well as the Piraka, have access to. It had multiple uses, including granting mutations to his followers, and being to induce destructive changes in wildlife and some people." He frowned, looking at no one in particular. Thinking back to the time he had spent hiding in Ko-Koro wasn't pleasant. "Actually, I think it was more the Piraka, and the Legacy's people getting access was part of their truce. I wonder if that's the explanation for their unusual powers... and Rahkshi bodyguards."

OOC: @Emzee @BULiK @Goose @ARROW404

 

IC: Kalyss - Central Ko-Koro

Holding a hand up to stop any further action from the Guards, Kalyss further approached Kaminari. "I'm sort of new here myself, only been here a few months. But the abridged version is that Ko-Koro was one of the original Matoran settlements on Mata Nui; it used to be fairly small and monastic, but we've grown into the largest settlement in Mata-Nui. Our Sanctum houses the Wall of Prophecy, an important cultural touchstone for the people of Mata Nui, though its also houses an impressive archives. Several months back, the Koro was occupied by the forces of Makuta; while we were able to free the innocents they took prisoner, we're still rebuilding from the occupation."

Feeling like she had deescalated the situation appropriately, Kalyss pulled out her thermos and started unscrewing the cap. "If you want something more in-depth, I'm sure we can find you a tour guide."

OOC: @Snelly @Visaru

  • Like 3

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, Wise Man’s Archive (Back Room)

Once again, Niici’s expression remained neutral. Cyrix was to the point, and his now solemn visage gave Niici the clue that whatever negative qualities the Toa had espoused about the mutagen, there was something personal tied with it.

To Niici, however, nothing was personal in business. She heard the words “potent mutagen” and her mind began to race. After all, she herself was the victim of a birth mutation that required her to consume daily dosages of a rare herbal cocktail to stay alive. She herself funded various research projects concerning the elemental properties of Matoran and how mutations might affect those properties. Subtly, Niici hardened her jawline to avoid appearing too interested or interested in the wrong way.

After a moment, she responded. “Sounds destructive. And of course the Piraka and Legacy saw fit to use this mutagen because it benefit them more than it hurt them. It sounds like this Antidermis is both a boon and a bane: a single substance that can heal your allies and hurt your enemies in one fell swoop”

Niici leaned back, considering the implications of her words, “That would be… a game changer”

She then looked to Cyrix, “I would love to get you whatever help you need with investigating that. I know some people at Nuju-Marion who can… reprioritize things, if that’s what it takes.”

She assumed those people had survived the Ko-Koro occupation, but she would cross that bridge if she came to it.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Goose @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata

  • Like 4

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Savrehn - Temple of Peace

“Good boy, good boy.”

Savrehn was close by, petting Reyal. He was happy to see the Hapaka return to them—not that he had ever doubted in their loyal companion. “You were certainly out,” the mountaineer said to Kreigero, sitting down beside her. “I barely slept, something kept nagging at me all night. Made sure no dragons paid us a visit, though.”

He laughed. He didn’t let on the truth that he had been watching over the other Ko-Matoran the whole night, or that he had briefly worried she wasn’t going to wake up. The aging around his optics look more tired than ever.

“How’s your head?”

OOC: @BULiK@~Xemnas~

  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

"You've got to be ****ing kidding me."

Muir's tone was as disgusted as it was exasperated, any hint of professionalism swept away in the currents of rage.

"You can't seriously be thinking about weaponising this? I get that your tragic lack of a soul prevents you from having even the slightest ethical compunctions, but you at least have a brain. Quit salivating for a second and consider the blatant inevitability of attempts to harness liquid ****ing evil backfiring on you. Calculate the cost effectiveness of that."

OOC: @Emzee @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata @ARROW404

  • Like 6

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kreigero [Temple of Peace]

The huntress sat up. She blinked and shook her head - littering clumps of snow on Reyal and Savrehn in the process. The former shook himself vigorously to pass it back to her and her friend. Kreigero chuckled at the pointlessness of the exchange, then followed the other Ko-Matoran's lead and began to pet her hunting partner too.

She turned to face the alpinist's Tryna, her own dark grey Kanohi twitching slightly. "I must have hit it pretty hard - I had the strangest of dreams. Full of dragons and danger. Pretty scary stuff," she joked.

"Thanks for fending them off, Sav," she continued with an uncharacteristic smirk. The longer the conversation went on and the more awake the trapper became, the more she noticed just how weary Savrehn looked. It was at that moment that Kreigero became distinctly glad that she didn't have a mirror handy. "Might want to make sure none of them hit you on the head, you look like you could use some Bula."

"..."

"..."

"You have any dreams?"

And they said Ko-Matoran didn't know how to make small talk

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill raised a steady hand to Muir in a rare interjection.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Nuju-Marion was a hospital. 'No do harm' and all that. Whatever the chemistry is here, it's making them stronger and us weaker, so the more we can learn about it, the better," he reasoned with his partner. "Plus, if the Maru or Kalta are involved, there can be proper supervision to ensure things don't get out of hand."

Vrill knew he couldn't hide his utter lack of faith in either "team" of "heroes" from Fenn, but by looking at the lawyer, the spy could at disguise that lie even further from the others in the room.

"Nobody needs to weaponize Antidermis. The enemy, He already did that - whether we wanted it or not. It's on us to take that weapon from them. Learn how to destroy it or get it to backfire on them."

"We can't know for sure. It is a risk, but so is doing nothing. Leave it in darkness too long and we won't be prepared when things escalate."

Ever the pragmatist, the Cy-Toa struck a middle ground. Truth be told, he could think of a few applications for the stuff himself. Corrupt the right person with that ichor and it could solve a lot of problems for a lot of people while keeping a low profile. Especially if one is simply revealing the target to be what everyone knows they already are on the inside.

As Skorm exemplified, it was a tragic fate, but certainly less messy than the old-fashioned way of 'removing' an obstacle - a character assassination was more amenable than a real one. While a ghastly effect, in the right situations, it was a justifiable method. Rarely was there a tool in the field of wetwork that could even be used under the constraints of the Toa Code (not that many of its practitioners cared). Depending on how Antidermis could be purged, it might even be a psychosis a target only needs to experience long enough to get them out of the way.

Remarkably humane... from a certain point of view.

knock knock let makuta in

Edited by BULiK
forgot to justify the means
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

Kaminari of course noticed the guards as they approached, aiming their little sticks and other gadgets at her. Though the dragon ignored them, instead continuing to focus on Kalyss. "I've been warned about the Makuta and his followers by my elders. It is good you were able to repel such filth." She nodded her large, reptilian head.

"These archives you speak of, I wouldn't mind seeing them myself. Assuming I'd fit inside to view them." 

@Keeper of Kraata @Visaru

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Savrehn - Temple of Peace

Savrehn was quiet for a moment, looking out across the snow.

“No. But I haven’t in a long time,” he admitted, sighing. “At least, not any that I remember when I wake up,” he added. He shrugged. “Maybe that’s for the better—no nightmares.”

The older Ko-Matoran scratched the chin of his Tryna, his optics briefly shutting before popping open again. He was tired. He produced his familiar flask and took a large swig, debated offering it to Kreigero, then put it away again.

“Can’t stay here much longer,” Savrehn said, beginning to change the subject. “We’re still a ways out, and you’re still injured. I’ll let Atamai know you’re awake and we can start walking again.”

He stood up, letting out a loud grunt as he straightened his back out.

“Some story we would have if we could tell anyone about it, huh? Guess we could always settle for ‘trio of Matoran travelers almost die in wilderness; nothing else of note happens.’”

OOC: @BULiK@~Xemnas~

  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kreigero [Temple of Peace]

Yes, I am still injured (I noticed!), Kreigero refrained from sarcastically verbalizing. The Ko-Matoran carefully picked herself up. Reyal watched, still as one of the wahi's many frozen rocks, as if the event was nature's ultimate judge of health. Satisfied once she was on her feet and stable, the Hapaka turned to follow Savrehn. Huh.

They strolled to Atamai to alert him to their march beginning anew. While they did so, the trapper continued to strike the conversation while the iron was hot.

"Who's to say we can't tell anybody? Isn't the point of killing us so that we don't return and alert anybody? Guess they might hold a grudge... but I get the feeling we're already in that territory to begin with. Starting a rumor or two might let people know what's out there. Prepare better than we did."

"...If anyone believes us and doesn't think this is all a cactus dream, that is."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive Back Room, Ko-Koro

The Le-Toa narrowed his eyes as he leaned in his chair towards the chairwoman. "Miss Niici, I appreciate your willingness to help, but we've already had people at Nuju-Marion look into researching antidermis when they were looking into the parakuka victim; all they've found is that the usual post-pairing coma is a lot longer due to the metabolic changes antidermis has wrought. Which is still different from the only cured subject of Antidermis we have on record; I'd bring him in, but he's currently off doing a mission in the Dark Walk." He frowned; "Terribly inconvenient, I know."

Cyrix got up from his seat, stretching. "I agree with Syzygos; this isn't some strange technology or chemical, it's something far more volatile, if it isn't actually malevolent. There are certain Kanohi that some consider to be amoral for a Toa to use. Some I agree with, others I don't. Antidermis isn't like that; if Antidermis has any positive qualities, we would probably have had reports of it. I wouldn't doubt that the followers of Makuta would have tricked someone desperate with a story of a panacea, only to infect them."

OOC: @Goose @BULiK @Emzee

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro Central Square

"Uh..." Kalyss put her hands on her hips. She hadn't expected to get this far. "I'm actually not too sure about that myself. I'm sure we could find you a guide to give you a tour of our fine Koro while I look into getting you access to the Archives."

That might not happen. But she had the feeling that Kaminari didn't have the attention span to go with a tour, let alone research at the Sanctum. It was also good to hear that she wasn't a fan of Makuta, either. The enemy of her enemy is her enemy's enemy, but that didn't mean they couldn't be friends. "You mentioned your elders? Did they send you here to learn of Ko-Koro? Should we be... expecting more of your people?"

OOC: @Visaru @Snelly

  • Like 3

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, Wise Man’s Archive (Back Room)

Was it studied by the right scientists? Niici thought. Of course, she dared not say that out loud — after all, she knew the answer to that already. Niici knew who her trusted scientists were, and none of them have ever spoke of anything like Antidermis.

Which meant they weren’t yet aware of it.

Niici filed this in her mind along with everything else that had been said.

“Syzygos is a smart man,” Niici said, shifting her gaze to the indignant lawyer as she leaned back, “To let this fear of the unknown keep us from understanding what Antidermis can truly do will only continue to hurt us,” Niici said. She nearly snickered at the “unknown” pun, for reasons only she and a few other people would know.

Niici did not want to press the issue too hard. Cyrix clearly detested the idea of Antidermis being helpful in any way. It wouldn’t make sense for her to take a stand against that of all things, considering her very limited knowledge about it. The chairwoman certainly did not want to reveal more about her intentions, while the intentions of the other Toa all seemed nebulous. As blatant as Muir’s conviction seemed, Niici then realized that even he could be putting on an act. She was in a room full of men doing everything in their Toa-power to not show their whole hand. As comfortable as she was now that they were discussing something she had no prior knowledge of, her demeanor and responses would be remembered. She needed to be smart about which topics to pursue.

“I suppose we can all agree on its danger,” Niici lied, switching glances between all three of the Toa, “I will, however, still endorse additional research so that we at least have better cures, or possibly immunization”

She then gave a self-assured shrug of indifference, “Well those are my thoughts anyway”

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @ARROW404 @BULiK @Goose

  • Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...