Jump to content

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi


Recommended Posts

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive Back Room

To say the Ko-Matoran was listening with rapt attention would have been quite the understatement. As a student of knowledge, this opportunity to learn about something hitherto unknown was captivating. As a student of history, his excitement bubbled at the idea of the potential alliance- or at least pooling of resources- that may come of this meeting, and its effect on the future. As a Matoran who wished to see evil purged from the island, he rejoiced in the thought of a weapon turned against evil, or of a cure for the weapon employed by the agents of chaos. And, as the owner of the library they stood in, he was more than a little excited it was happening here.

Unfortunately, he had nothing and less to contribute to the conversation itself. And so he listened, excitement registering only in the glow of his eyes as they flitted from one speaker to the next.

  • Like 4

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill had a feeling that Muirtagh wasn't going to budge. Intuition, let's say. Time and time again he'd learned the hard way that trying to compromise with Muir on a 'moral' issue was as pointless as punching a brick wall. For all he knew off to his side there were already columns of smoke steaming from Fenn's audio receptors at Niici's doubling down on Antidermis research.

They already had the attention of the Kalta, and it was best to not sour it further. They had managed to get Cyrix speaking frankly about touchy subjects, and that ice woman even called Vrill smart! He could work with that. But they had to give it time to grow, not force cooperation. Not to mention that Vrill was in the dark about what the lawyer's Kanohi had picked up - cross referencing what they knew were lies would give an edge next time. The longer their perceptions of the truth weren't synchronized, the harder it would be to pin their targets down with coordinated strikes in the verbal arena.

The agent was also satisfied with the purpose of the visit - he knew how close (or rather, not) Cyrix was to his true identity, and from the sounds of things, he'd gotten the Kalta member to buy their Po-Koronan cover story. Everything else was bonus, as far as he was concerned. But they were running out of things to learn, and the amount of things that could undermine the duo's progress was growing by the minute.

That's why Vrill spoke up before Muir had a chance to further debate the merits of Cultured Gentry business. Once again, the obsidian-armored Toa changed the subject.

"Either way, doesn't matter when we don't have any Antidermis to even debate researching."

The Cy-Toa leaned back in the chair that he had made for himself earlier.

"Anything else? Or can we get back to our research in peace? You know where to find us if you find anything that will help our investigation."

OOC: @Goose@Keeper of Kraata

Edited by BULiK
punctuation error. tsk tsk.
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

Kaminari gave a shrug, or the best equivalent of one that a dragon could do. "Beats me, I left the nest without mentioning it to anyone in particular. My elders have encouraged learning more about the world, but they weren't particularly specific on how to go about doing that, other than 'explore'." She huffed. 

"I'm sure they're flying around somewhere on this island."

@Keeper of Kraata @Visaru

  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro Square

The Su-Toa shot a glance at the Ko-Koro guard, then back to the dragon-creature. "Kaminari, give me just a moment." Kalyss scanned the guards that had responded to the dragon's landing, picking out the highest-ranking. There didn't seem to be any danger, but making sure their guest was accommodated looked like it would have to be a priority.

"I'm reasonably sure that we're safe, but I think it would be in the Koro's best interest to treat Kaminari as a- " Kalyss paused, thinking for a word other than dignitary that didn't imply dignity, "Guest of the Koro. I can take her to the Wall of Prophecy, she might not fit in the archives proper."

OOC: @Snelly @Visaru

 

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

Glancing back and forth between Syzygos, Muirtagh, and Niici, the Le-Toa's eyes locked on the Toa of Crystal. "Hey, Syzogos, can I get a cigarette? Rest of the team are health nuts, can't carry on me."

OOC: @BULiK @Goose @ARROW404 @Emzee

  • Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill's optics lingered on Priicu for a moment before returning to Cyrix. He took a pack out from under his armor, shook loose one of the rolls, and handed it to Cyrix.

  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

Muir did not react to the exchange between Vrill and Cyrix, and his face was unusually stoic as continued to glare at Niici.

"If that's all, Madam Chairwoman," The words were aural venom, the lawyer's soft voice now clipped and measured. "I'd best be getting these documents back to where they belong. Priicu, you wouldn't mind showing me back to your storeroom?"

It was an odd request; the route back was quite straightforward, even if no one in the room other than himself and Priicu knew that, and Muir's expression and tone gave away nothing.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Emzee @Keeper of Kraata @BULiK

  • Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill shook out another cigarette before he stowed the cardboard pack of 'Fusa' branded cigarettes in the same crystalline compartment. The strong black silhouette of the desert Rahi's raised fists stuck out against the tan, nearly sandpaper background. He preferred the much-advertised 'toasted' flavor of Ta-Koronan 'Hikaki Strikes' to that of Po-Koro's sun-dried 'Fusa' competition... but Onu-Koro's smokes tasted like dirt and he figured Muirtagh would find the local flavor more amenable. That was what he might say if he was pressed... but the choice of cigarettes he had with him were primarily a result of the local stands he checked out on his way to the lawyer having selections that could only be described as "complete ####".

The paper danced between Vrill's impatient fingertips in well-practiced twirls, waiting for its funeral pyre to arrive.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

The Le-Toa was silent as he took the cigarette, briefly noting the brand; he hadn't been out to Po-Koro, and in fact it was the only major Koro he had not visited yet out of the emblematic six. He took out his heatstone and set the cylinder down on the table, halfway screwing off the cap, slightly exposing the crystal inside. Cyrix found his gaze wandering to the cigarette in Syzygos's hands. He lit his own using the heatstone and breathed deep. It had been far too long since he had allowed himself to indulge. The Le-Toa exhaled off to the side; the smoke in the air swirled until it seemed like it hit a solid wall, flowing to the sides.

Cyrix pushed the makeshift heatstone lamp towards Syzygos; the other voices in the room were muted, the vibrations of their footsteps in the floor the only thing passing through the shell of vacuum that Cyrix created between them and the others in the room.

"Help me out with something; an official inter-Koro investigation into this would look great. Why did Akiri Renaka send you, and not a Sentinel?"

The Toa Kalta took another drag, looking past the Cy-Toa.

OOC: @BULiK

  • Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill hadn't planned on partaking just yet - it hadn't been long since someone pointed out that libraries were not that appreciative of fire hazards. But the moment the swirling plumes of Cyrix's draft splayed outwards in a flagrant disregard of fluid dynamics, Vrill knew the game had changed. Now, he wasn't all too dissatisfied that Muir was suddenly quiet, but overall, this was certainly an unsettling experience.

So Cyrix wanted a tête-à-tête? Fine.

The Cy-Toa didn't need Cyrix's heatstone to light his smoke, but he took it anyways. A gesture of good faith. He brought the cigarette to his lips and in his other hand, the heatstone thermos. While the half-unscrewed cap obscured the Le-Toa's vision of his cigarette, a tiny black shard of obsidian silently split from the crystalline outer layer of armor around Vrill's fingertips. It snaked down the cigarette that was beginning to catch flame, slipping between the cap and main body. The heatstone parted way at the Cy-Toa's command, the crevasse widening just enough to swallow the obsidian shard before sealing once more as if nothing had happened.

Vrill tilted his head backways and exhaled deeply, marveling as the smoke hit the top of their private bubble. He screwed the heatstone container shut and slid it back to Cyrix. Deep inside, the obsidian shard was growing while Vrill took another calm drag on his smoke. A marker. Just in case.

"Well, official inter-koro investigations draw attention. Some good press, yeah, but as you just saw -" 'Syzygos' nudged his head slightly towards where Fenn was. "We're dealing with a touchy subject. Plus, don't want to scare off any leads before we get to them."

He shrugged.

"It may have been too cautious... but I suppose we're well past the point of keeping a low profile."

Vrill glanced at Muir as he inhaled more smoke.

"My partner's all about transparency - to a fault. I urged for more discretion... but that hasn't really gotten us that far. You're probably not the first or the last to see straight through our cover."

There was real remorse at that failure. Even if for the wrong reasons. It was the most honest and vulnerable Vrill had ever been in the Le-Toa's presence. Even Muirtagh would have been surprised, had he been able to hear the sorrow in Vrill's voice. Good thing Cyrix had him in that bubble, then.

"So - you think we should announce our new task force?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC

The highest ranking guard, a Ko-Matoran with a rugged Matatu, turned to face Kalyss.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:33 PM, Keeper of Kraata said:

"I'm reasonably sure that we're safe, but I think it would be in the Koro's best interest to treat Kaminari as a- " Kalyss paused, thinking for a word other than dignitary that didn't imply dignity, "Guest of the Koro. I can take her to the Wall of Prophecy, she might not fit in the archives proper."

"Toa Kalta, with all due respect, is it truly wise to trust this beast at it's word? Remember, the Koro fell because powerful Makuta worshippers counterfeited their way into the heart of this village."

  • Like 2

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, BULiK said:

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill's optics lingered on Priicu for a moment before returning to Cyrix. He took a pack out from under his armor, shook loose one of the rolls, and handed it to Cyrix.

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive back room

The librarian frowned, but he was in a good mood, and didn't want to come between the Toa's potential partnership, "If you must smoke, please do it by an open window," he told them, gesturing at those on the far side wall.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, Goose said:

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

"I'd best be getting these documents back to where they belong. Priicu, you wouldn't mind showing me back to your storeroom?"

 

It was an odd request; the route back was quite straightforward, even if no one in the room other than himself and Priicu knew that, and Muir's expression and tone gave away nothing.

He tilted his head slightly, but nodded, figuring after a brief moment that, if Muir were asking this, then he had something more to say. "Of course, sir, right this way."

@ARROW404@Goose @Emzee @Keeper of Kraata @BULiK

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

Muir thanked Priicu, and didn't speak again until they were safely out of earshot. Even then, he kept to hushed tones. He wasn't too worried about Vrill and Cyrix – if there was one thing with which he could trust his partner, it was avoiding escalation.

"I wanted to offer a word of friendly advice," he all-but whispered, and though his tone was grave, he was clearly quite sincere. "I caught that glint in your eye when Niici came in. I don't blame you; you're a businessman providing an invaluable service, which doesn't necessarily generate a great deal of revenue. Money and influence would not only offer opportunities for expansion, but also improvements to your own quality of life – after all, nothing in this world is free."

"But there's the rub, Priicu: everything costs something, and the price of entry into the Cultured Gentry is as high as it is irrecoverable. They've been indirectly involved in a multitude of atrocities, always just far enough removed to offer them plausible deniability, but the pattern is undeniable. From Pala-Koro to the occupation of this very city, their fingerprints are on every locked door the disciples of darkness mysteriously find open."

Muir paused then, as he returned the boxes to their rightful place.

"As I said, this is only advice, and a bit of context. Your decisions are, of course, your own to make; but if reaching out to the Gentry is something you're considering, you had best weigh the worth of your return on investment. After all, a soul ought not be sold lightly."

OOC: @ARROW404

  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro Square

The Su-Toa nodded. "Yeah, but the difference here is that we have one dragon-thing, and I'll be directly supervising her. If more show up, then I'd say it's fair to interrogate their intentions." Kalyss shot a glance back in the direction of the Wise Man's Archive. "I also have backup on call, so if the dragon tries something, she'll have Kalta and Guard on her faster than nui-rama on fresh meat."

OOC: @Snelly @Visaru

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

Unfortunately, the librarian's words went unheard inside Cyrix's vacuum shell. He did note the ko-matoran pointing to the open window, however. Cyrix took another drag, and when he exhaled, smoke came from every hole in his mask; the bubble was starting to get visibly obscured. "I realize the value of doing investigations covertly; it's my job for the Kalta. But it's just me; gathering information to prepare the others, that's my job. But I still have the team to call on if things become hairy; Antidermis I wouldn't call a sensitive topic, not with the way the island is right now. I think the island needs to present a united front, even if Toa like us are looking into things underneath it all."

Some ash crumbled from the end of the lit roll of tobacco, floating until it was caught in the unnatural sway of Cyrix's air bubble. He didn't have long before he had to cycle the air out the window. "Speaking of looking into things, why did you have to leave Ko-Koro to get Muir? Any trouble I should know about?"

OOC: @BULiK

 

  • Like 3

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

'Syzygos' nodded contemplatively, considering Cyrix's words. He noticed the others leave the room. Hmm...

"Trouble? Nah," he said, utterly relaxed. "Only trouble we had was getting Stannis to budge."

  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC| Sanctum Guard

7 hours ago, Keeper of Kraata said:

The Su-Toa nodded. "Yeah, but the difference here is that we have one dragon-thing, and I'll be directly supervising her. If more show up, then I'd say it's fair to interrogate their intentions." Kalyss shot a glance back in the direction of the Wise Man's Archive. "I also have backup on call, so if the dragon tries something, she'll have Kalta and Guard on her faster than nui-rama on fresh meat."

The guard didn't appear to relax at all, although he did finally lower his spear, and the others around him did the same. "Very well. Me and my squad will move ahead to the Sanctum to pass on the message to the guards there. Is there anything else, Toa Kalyss?"

  • Like 2

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Goose said:

"I wanted to offer a word of friendly advice," he all-but whispered, and though his tone was grave, he was clearly quite sincere. "I caught that glint in your eye when Niici came in. I don't blame you; you're a businessman providing an invaluable service, which doesn't necessarily generate a great deal of revenue. Money and influence would not only offer opportunities for expansion, but also improvements to your own quality of life – after all, nothing in this world is free."

"But there's the rub, Priicu: everything costs something, and the price of entry into the Cultured Gentry is as high as it is irrecoverable. They've been indirectly involved in a multitude of atrocities, always just far enough removed to offer them plausible deniability, but the pattern is undeniable. From Pala-Koro to the occupation of this very city, their fingerprints are on every locked door the disciples of darkness mysteriously find open."

Muir paused then, as he returned the boxes to their rightful place.

"As I said, this is only advice, and a bit of context. Your decisions are, of course, your own to make; but if reaching out to the Gentry is something you're considering, you had best weigh the worth of your return on investment. After all, a soul ought not be sold lightly."

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive, different back room (Still Closed!)

The Ko-Matoran opened his mouth to respond, but quickly shut it as Muir continued, giving him more time to think of what he would say. Muir's advice was welcome- and eye-opening as well- though he was off the mark regarding Priicu's motivation.

"Thank you, Toa Muir," he said. It felt a little strange adding the title 'Toa' given their openness toward one another thus far, but it had come to him naturally. Looking up at a person tended to have that effect. "You needn't worry about my soul, though it is appreciated. I only want to agrandize the library, not myself. Power does not suit me. I was considering the Gentry as clientele and donors, and nothing more." He kept his voice particularly low, seeing as they were speaking not far from a Toa of Sonics, about said Toa of Sonics. It took many more words to explain that than he usually used, but complex thoughts were often so, and he wanted to be clear.  He put on a little extra smile as well, so the non-Ko-Wahi-native would recognize his genuineness.

His expression darkened after though, into a touch of concern. "I had heard rumors... But... Pala-Koro? The Island Liberation Front?" There was the occupation matter as well, but one thing at a time. "What did the Gentry do there? Allegedly."

Edited by ARROW404
  • Like 6

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

Muir glanced at the door, closed securely behind them. There was no telling if Niici was listening, and he reached out with his elemental powers; she had little extraneous metal on her, but it might be just enough for him to pick it up if she was eavesdropping at the door.

"I was still with the Po-Koro Guard back then, before the Sentinels had even been established. They took any opportunity to get me out of their hair, so after the battle, I was sent to do some interviews and investigation, so that 'Po-Koro could learn from the defeat'. It was a real assignment, don't get me wrong; the destruction of Pala-Koro was deeply troubling, particularly given its unique advantages."

The lawyer paused to take a deep breath, his fingers twitching involuntarily. Mata Nui, what he wouldn't give for a cigarette right about now…

"I've seen some terrible things, my friend, but the sheer devastation the servants of Makuta wrought there is chief among them. I don't know if you recall, but the pride of Pala-Koro was its walls: not only were they a formidable defensive structure, but they had a fascinating technological advantage in the form of what I could best describe as an elemental jamming field. I never saw it at work, but it was apparently quite the thing to behold… until it stopped working.

"Echelon and his cronies destroyed the gate with ease, and then things get even stranger. They had, you see, apparently planted explosives along the walls; when they went off, the walls came down, and the dampening field with them. After that, it was a slaughter." He scratched his chin, fingers glancing off his lips.

"The only thing is, they had no time to plant those explosives, and they appeared to have been perfectly placed at strategic weak points – so not only must they have infiltrated the compound, but they either had excellent luck or an uncanny knowledge of its unique construction and technology. And the man who designed those walls was none other than the architect Ambages, Niici's predecessor.

"Of course, during those events, Niici herself was still chairwoman; Ambages only became chairman when she stepped down, before resuming her position after his demise. The leadership of the Gentry has an altogether sordid history, given that Ahkmou was one of its founders. As for the occupation of Ko-Koro, all I have is speculation. But Echelon easily breaching the walls of a well-defended Koro, during Ambages' leadership, a position he only gained after Matoro's mysterious assassination… Well, the story is a little too familiar, don't you think?"

OOC: @ARROW404

Edited by Goose
  • Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Goose

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive, storeroom (Sorry, we're closed!)

He placed a hand over his mouth, processing the information. He thought he was generally a well-informed person (even if he hadn't recognized Cyrix on sight) but this information was completely new to him. He knew Pala-Koro had been destroyed of course, but that was the extent of it. It was no wonder why either. Given the Gentry's power, they had as much control over the flow of information as the government. And if he was realistic, probably more. How much investigation it must have taken to glean this much information... and how much more there must have been, yet to be discovered.

Suddenly, he felt quite averse to the idea of taking their money. Financial support meant control, and he wanted no part in a propaganda machine. Grabbing his notepad and pencil, he scribbled a response. First: Best we not speak aloud. He showed this to Muir and returned to scribbling. This is very troubling. If you have any reading I could do on this- reports for example- I would like to have some copies here, in the back. And if I can help against them, please keep me apprised.

The evidence Muir had mentioned was circumstantial, particularly concerning Ko-Koro. Again, Priicu suffered from his lack of a full picture. Knowledge was his only power, and he was quickly coming to realize he had less of it than he had thought.

Another thought occurred to him and he added another line. Syzygos mentioned investigating corruption in the Ko-Koro government. Is the Gentry a part of that? He would think to immediately destroy the paper he was writing on when he had the chance. Having said his piece now, he tore out a page and handed it to Muir, offering him the pencil as well, though he suspected a lawyer would have a few on hand.

  • Like 4

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

Muir nodded and reached into his coat, producing a small, leather-bound notepad (with the slightest metal latch) and a pencil of his own – and an unusual one, at that. Muir's 'pencil' was a small tube of graphite powder, which flowed out and quickly coalesced into a thin rod with a pointed tip. The benefit quickly became clear, as it wrote far faster than one could by hand.

Careful ripping paper; it's louder than writing. Files are all back in my office in Po-Koro – I made a habit of keeping copies of any reports I wrote for the Guard, too, after a few 'got lost'. I'll bring you fresh copies when I'm next by.

As for the Gentry, we weren't expecting them, but their apparent relationship with the Kalta does concern me. We'll see what the investigation turns up.

The graphite was a trick he rarely showed off – even Vrill hadn't seen it in action (and for good reason, too; even partners need secrets, especially if one speaks in half-truths and implications). It was the perfect aid to Muir's investigations, allowing him to quickly record the details of a conversation while they were fresh in his mind, sometimes even by secretly transcribing in real time. Better yet, he could check his notes without even looking; the graphite left on the paper was easily detectable with his powers, especially so close on his person.

He couldn't know whether Priicu would realise its significance, but now seemed a perfect time to make use of it. After all, how else could he write as fast as he talked?

OOC: @ARROW404

  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Niici — Ko-Koro, Wise Man’s Archive (Backroom)

The Toa crossed her arms self-assuredly as Muir and the Archive’s owner walked away. As they departed, Niici glanced around the room full of manuscripts and books and then began to remember the look and layout of the library as she walked in. It was a nice place for sure, and it was curious that she hadn’t heard of it before. Maybe it was new.

At any rate, such a calming quiet place would be a popular destination for the studious Ko-Koronans. Like all the other business owners in Ko-Koro and beyond, Niici had an obligation to facilitate a potential relationship with those businesses which showed potential. She would need to make sure she caught the owner’s name. Once things were settled here, she would have much to report on to her staff and to the board of directors. One of those notes would include reaching out to this fellow here.

Niici’s suddenly found her train of thought being interrupted by the exchange of a cigarette between Cyrix and Syzygos. She raised an eyebrow and then quickly lowered — it should’ve been obvious the Toa of Air was a smoker. He had the demeanor.

She just wished he had better taste in brands.

Niici commonly carried her extended slim black cigarette holder with her, in case such opportunities arose like right now. She had begun pulling it out of her jacket pouch when she saw the brand that Syzygos was smoking.  As much as she would've loved to partake, no respectable Gentry-fellow would be caught dead smoking a Fusa.

She couldn’t risk word getting out about that potentially. And so, the cigarette holder moved back to where it was and rested in her pouch.

The air dome beside her got so smoky that she struggled to see inside. She felt like she was said and seen what she needed to, and it would be wise to go back to HQ and process this while it was fresh. The Archive owner, like virtually all establishment owners, would be here when she or a representative got back.

With that, she stood up and leaned forward slightly, turning her head to the right, and looking through the smoke at the two Toa. She waved politely and gave a telltale expression of Are we done here?, smiling all the way.

OOC: @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata

  • Like 5

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

Kaminari let out a yawn, sitting down on her hind legs as she waited for the Toa to finish talking about...whatever it was the small things had to talk about. She could wait however, Kaminari prided herself on being patient. 

She was certainly more relaxed then everyone else around, which was kind of funny to the dragon mystix, she let her tail thump against the snowy ground.

@Keeper of Kraata @Visaru

  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

"I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him," Cyrix said through the haze, pausing to take a last drag on his cigarette. "Though I did see some of the splash damage when he was participating in the liberation of Ko-Koro. You have my sympathies, though; as much as I professionally admire him and the rest of the Maru, Korero didn't exactly roll out the welcome carpet."

Any further conversation would devolve into either a competition to hold their breath or coughing and hacking. After one last exhale, the Toa Kalta of Air moved the isolated mass of smoky air out of the building through an open window. He wasn't sure if he bought the Cy-Toa's story; him and Muir were an odd couple to be sure, too odd to be have been working together long. There was too much.. friction. Cyrix flicked the cigarette stub out the window; it flew truer than it had any right to.

"Thanks. I think that's everything I need." He got to his feet, grabbing his heatstone and screwing the top back on; he struggled slightly as the lid caught on the new imperfection, but it gave in after a moment of effort. "If you need anything else, you'll know where I'll be." The Toa shouldered his crossbow. "One our team is usually at the Kalta Arsenal, the Memorial Garden, or the Sanctum, and they can answer any questions, or get word to me. Good luck with your investigation." He nodded once at Niici. "Chairwoman."

The Kalta knocked on the door to the back room. "Priicu, I'm leaving; thank you for the assistance. The store isn't locked still, is it?"

OOC: @BULiK @Emzee @ARROW404 @Goose

 

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro Central Square

"Thank you, but I think we're good. If anything goes sour, watch for flares; otherwise, I get to play tour-guide now."

She tried to put on a friendly face as she made her way back to the dragon-creature, pulling out her thermos of soup and taking a spoon from the attached mess kit. "Kaminari, looks like we're clear. I'd race you to the Sanctum, but I'd rather you not give anybody here any more frights today, plus I'd like to dig into this jambalaya before it gets cold. Ready?"

OOC: @Snelly @Visaru

  • Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

"Until next time," 'Syzygos' nodded curtly as Cyrix bid farewell, making mental notes of every Kalta stomping ground. He savored the last of his cigarette, closing his eyes and focusing on the sliver of obsidian surrounded by heatstone that he could feel moving around the room.

He snuffed out the Fusa in the crystal ashtray of his own making, then looked over his shoulder to where Priicu and Muir must have gone. Hmmm...

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2022 at 5:31 PM, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

"I understand your concern," Dahkapa replied, and thought once again of what the Vortixx had told to him out in the Wahi. "But do not worry. I know how my fellow Ko-Koroans feel about my faith, and I do not seek to antagonize them. I promise I will not try to impose my beliefs on others by force. That was the Brotherhood's greatest failure. True conversion can only come through reason and understanding. Because in the end, it was not the torture that opened my eyes to the truth."

He began to walk towards the Sanctum. "If you truly are so worried about me, then perhaps you should follow."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

IC: Joskander (Ko-Koro Gates)

Joskander stared after Dahkapa, mug gripped tight in his twitching hands.  Moments turned to months in his mind as he agonized over his decision...

...and then his mask flared to life.

A moment later, the mug was gone, safely returned to the soup kitchen, and he was marching off after Dahkapa.  "All right, all right, heck with it.  Never got around to sightseeing before.  Might as well do it now.  Bleh."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander oh my god I am SO SORRY this took so long I have no idea what came over me D=

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)thats alright, still didnt take as long as the dark walk

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

Dahkapa chuckled in amusement, though it was the dry chuckle of someone who was dead on the inside. "Alright. Follow me then," he said and quickened his pace of walking. He walked up the winding streets of Ko-Koro, slowly climbing up to the Sanctum. It had suffered greatly from the occupation by Makuta's vile followers, but the repairs had been impressive. Unsurprisingly, the Sanctum Guard closely guarded the entire area.

He approached one of them and bowed respectfully. "Greetings. Me and my friend are looking for certain books, and I was told they could be found here. Are we allowed to enter?"

OOC: @Visaru in case youre interested in rping as a guard again

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 1:25 PM, Goose said:

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive)

Careful ripping paper; it's louder than writing. Files are all back in my office in Po-Koro – I made a habit of keeping copies of any reports I wrote for the Guard, too, after a few 'got lost'. I'll bring you fresh copies when I'm next by.

As for the Gentry, we weren't expecting them, but their apparent relationship with the Kalta does concern me. We'll see what the investigation turns up.

He couldn't know whether Priicu would realise its significance, but now seemed a perfect time to make use of it. After all, how else could he write as fast as he talked?

OOC: @ARROW404

On 8/5/2022 at 4:38 AM, Keeper of Kraata said:

IC: Cyrix - Wise Man's Archive, Ko-Koro

The Kalta knocked on the door to the back room. "Priicu, I'm leaving; thank you for the assistance. The store isn't locked still, is it?" 

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive

His eye for detail was one of the things that made him effective at his job, so the peculiar pencil did catch his eye. I ought to get myself one of those, he thought. It was impressive how quickly he was able to write with it, truly, and he could imagine how Muir must have put it to use.

Well as I said, I am at your disposal, going forward. Is there anything else to discuss? He wrote.

Cyrix passed by behind him. Priicu gave him a nod as he passed. He didn't have any reason to distrust Cyrix, only some of the company he kept from time to time. "It is, sorry," he said, having to step away from Muir to unlock the door. His keys jangles as he slipped them from a compartment at his desk- a great many of them, color coded and numbered, strung onto a wire. "Until next time, Toa Kalta," he bid him farewell, as he unlocked it. "Tell your friends about the Archive," he reminded him with a hint of a smile.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 7:12 PM, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Ko-Koro Gates)

Dahkapa chuckled in amusement, though it was the dry chuckle of someone who was dead on the inside. "Alright. Follow me then," he said and quickened his pace of walking. He walked up the winding streets of Ko-Koro, slowly climbing up to the Sanctum. It had suffered greatly from the occupation by Makuta's vile followers, but the repairs had been impressive. Unsurprisingly, the Sanctum Guard closely guarded the entire area.

He approached one of them and bowed respectfully. "Greetings. Me and my friend are looking for certain books, and I was told they could be found here. Are we allowed to enter?"

IC

A guard with a pale blue Miru bowed back and spent a moment sizing the two up. When she spoke, her tone was expressionless, as if she was reciting an official edit. "The sanctum archives are only accessible to guards and authorized personnel. I do not recognize you as either. If you'd like, you can submit an official request to borrow specific books, but there are no guarantees it will be approved."  

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2022 at 10:38 PM, Keeper of Kraata said:

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro Central Square

"Thank you, but I think we're good. If anything goes sour, watch for flares; otherwise, I get to play tour-guide now."

She tried to put on a friendly face as she made her way back to the dragon-creature, pulling out her thermos of soup and taking a spoon from the attached mess kit. "Kaminari, looks like we're clear. I'd race you to the Sanctum, but I'd rather you not give anybody here any more frights today, plus I'd like to dig into this jambalaya before it gets cold. Ready?"

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

The dragon mystic nodded. "I thought you'd never ask, lead the way." 

@Keeper of Kraata @Visaru

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Sanctum)

Dahkapa frowned at first as he did not expect such a response, but then smiled. "Ah. Thank you. I suppose we can wait here, then?" He glanced at Joskander, partially to check if he was still there. He hadn't seemed particularly enthusastic about coming with him to the Sanctum. Was he really that paranoid? Dahkapa was doing his best to appear reasonable despite his religion, but even Joskander still appeared to doubt him. Maybe this guard, too, was doubting him. He prayed to Ak'rei'an that the commander would let them enter.

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) @Visaru

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 3:32 PM, ARROW404 said:

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive

Well as I said, I am at your disposal, going forward. Is there anything else to discuss? He wrote.

Cyrix passed by behind him. Priicu gave him a nod as he passed. He didn't have any reason to distrust Cyrix, only some of the company he kept from time to time. "It is, sorry," he said, having to step away from Muir to unlock the door. His keys jangles as he slipped them from a compartment at his desk- a great many of them, color coded and numbered, strung onto a wire. "Until next time, Toa Kalta," he bid him farewell, as he unlocked it. "Tell your friends about the Archive," he reminded him with a hint of a smile.

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive, Storeroom)

“I think that’s everything in its place,” Muir replied, smiling. “Feel free to get in touch with me at any time; you have my card. I’ll be sure to come by the next time in Ko-Koro.”

With Cyrix gone, that left Vrill and Niici alone in the other backroom, a prospect Muir found significantly more troubling than his private meeting with the Kalta. Still, he kept his anxiety from his face; he knew how to hold his feelings below the surface when he needed to.

“For now, I’d best be getting back to my partner, and letting you reopen. I’m sure we’ve kept you from your business quite long enough, and I wouldn't want to abuse your hospitality.”

  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vrill [Wise Man's Archive, The Backroom]

Vrill yawned and then stood up, his crystal chair melting back into his armor. As the translucent material flowed, it brought the Cy-Toa's sword upwards with it, the weapon neatly absorbing the rest of the crystal.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Sanctum)

"It is fine, we can wait patiently..." he replied, though unsure if Joskander was actually as patient as he was. When the guard asked what texts he was looking for, he took a deep breath. He had to act casual about it to not arouse suspicion. "Books regarding the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an and their practices. I was told that I could find them here in the Sanctum. I fought against the cultists when they attacked this place. If I learned more about them, I'd be better prepared next time I face them."

OOC: @Visaru

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Sanctum)

Joskander felt a slight grimace inch its way across his lips as he leaned back against a wall.  Better to keep his distance for now, he wagered; he didn't feel like getting lumped in with a cultist.

...well.  That thought had come out much more vicious than expected.  It occurred to him that he was acting much like Charek had, shortly before the team split- always hanging back silently, always watching, waiting, plotting, judging...  A sobering thought.  But then again, it wasn't like he could think of any better options.

Some part of him mused that perhaps Bhuko could have had the proper authorization to get Dahkapa into the Sanctum.  Assuming that she was still considered part of the Guard... and that she was willing to vouch for a cultist... and that Joskander was willing to ask her to do so.  Big ifs, there.

He sighed.

OOC: @Visaru @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Sanctum)

He almost said his title of Sir, but stopped himself just in time. Instead, he simply said "Dahkapa." Then continued: "I used to have friends in the guard. Though I don't know if any of them still live..."

He wasn't sure why he said that. Perhaps the stare made him anxious enough to feel the need to prove that he could be trusted, but his words felt like a half-hearted attempt at that. At least he was being honest. If only Ak'rei'an was there, to cure death once and for all, he thought to himself.

OOC: @Visaru

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Goose said:

IC: Muir (Wise Man’s Archive, Storeroom)

“I think that’s everything in its place,” Muir replied, smiling. “Feel free to get in touch with me at any time; you have my card. I’ll be sure to come by the next time in Ko-Koro.”

With Cyrix gone, that left Vrill and Niici alone in the other backroom, a prospect Muir found significantly more troubling than his private meeting with the Kalta. Still, he kept his anxiety from his face; he knew how to hold his feelings below the surface when he needed to.

“For now, I’d best be getting back to my partner, and letting you reopen. I’m sure we’ve kept you from your business quite long enough, and I wouldn't want to abuse your hospitality.”

IC: Priicu - Wise Man's Archive

The Ko-Matoran gave a small nod. "I will be closed for the rest of the day, so it makes little difference," he admitted. He had sent his assistants home, after all, and would have trouble running it on his own. He would need to finish the more urgent matters, and clean a little, but he had enough time for that. "I look forward to your next visit."

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC

On 9/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, Daniel the Finlander said:

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Sanctum)

 "Dahkapa. I used to have friends in the guard. Though I don't know if any of them still live..."

"Hopefully they still do," the guard said, before crisply turning on her heel and disappearing up a very narrow staircase set into the icy wall of the sanctum, leaving Dahkapa and Joskander to wait in the spacious room adjoining the hall of prophecies. A few guards stood between the large pillars, watching the scholars, administrators, and other visitors milling around the space. 

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...