Jump to content

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi


Recommended Posts

IC: Priicu - The Wise Man's Archive

The librarian needed a moment of his own to collect his thoughts. Today had taken a sharp turn from what he had expected when he'd woken up. He settled himself at his desk and busied himself with filling forms out. The orders for the Ko-tatsus were done, but there were books, scrolls, equipment, all sorts of busywork he could do while thinking.

An innovative business proposition that turned into potential sedition. A Toa that had given off the impression of dishonesty at first, but then proved to be perhaps the most forthright person who'd visited the Archive that day. Establishing the beginnings of a rapport with the Kalta, and possibly the Gentry, and it seemed, involving himself in something quite a bit bigger than he had ever envisioned.

He wondered if today's meeting might be worthy of history in the future. The seedbed of an alliance? At the thought, he set aside the work he had half done, and took out his journal instead, documenting the details of the day for posterity. Whom could he trust, he wondered. Muir was friendly, and had probably made the best impression on him. But he knew what people said about lawyers... Cyrix hadn't made the best first impression, but that had been pretty nicely cleared up. Syzygos was pretty mysterious... Priicu had never particularly prided himself on his judge of character, but he had even less of a read on him than usual. But he was willing to do honest work, so that was that! He saw no reason not to continue their arrangement. And then there was Niici... Muir's warning echoed in his mind. The Ko-Matoran didn't know what to think of it all, or who to trust. But with the warning he had been given, he would keep the Gentry at arm's length. Amiable enough to not make enemies, but distant enough not to become friends. For the time being, anyhow.

He set the journal aside and got back to work. He'd put some hiring flyers out the next day, looking for scribes to transcribe the tablets Syzygos had made him. Yes, business as usual. He thought it best not to overthink the questions he didn't have answers to.

  • Like 6

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Big thanks to @Visaru for the jam

IC: Vrill & Korzaa [Ko-Koro, Sanctum] (Later that day)

Inside Captain’s Korzaa’s office, among the many tablets of ice in drawers and shelves, there was an impostor - a singular tablet of a translucent blue crystal. Most of the tablet was scored with a grid of circular markings, the basic common element of Matoric script. The bottom half was blank space.

Inside the first circle at the top of the tablet, crystal parted like flowing molasses to form the crossed bars and dot of the Matoric letter :v:.

The message did not have to lie dormant for long. Korzaa organized her time with the same rigid bureaucratic consistency as she organized her files, and since the day was fading and the last of her meetings were over, that meant, as it did every day, that she was putting her office in order. She sorted her stacks of tablets from her desk into a series of well fitted slots in the drawers and shelves around her office, double checking that the other tablets were organized. On a usual day, the casual manner with which she checked the crystal tablet would have been indistinguishable from the rest of her sorting. But today was different.

As she saw the letter on the first line, she immediately paused and checked that the door of her office was shut, then quickly finished filing the rest of the current stack of documents and set the crystal on her desk. 

She carved a K into the circle next to the V, and then: REPORT

On the next line of the grid, letters grew inside the circles like microbes in petri dishes. Each letter came with sizable anticipation - such precision took skill and concentration in equal measure, and was never speedy. As such, brevity was paramount to the Cy-Toa.

LEADS > T > KALTA > SKORM + ANTIDERMIS

The message continued on the next line.

STATUS > CYRIX TAILING V +

Already bad news, but there was a pause before the line finished out:

STATUS > CYRIX TAILING V + ROGUE ASSET CALLCODE M

The next lines were written more rapidly, as to not linger on the unfavorable position.

COVER > M + V INVESTIGATE ANTIDERM FOR AKIRI P

CYRIX UNAWARE TARGET > T
CYRIX UNAWARE K INVOLVE
CYRIX + NIICI TEAM ?

M DEDUCED TARGET > T
M UNAWARE K INVOLVE
M STATUS UNKNOWN + ROGUE

OVERALL > EVIDENCE INSUFFICIENT

RECS > RSRCH ANTIDERM CNTRMEASR + WPN POTENTIAL
NEXT LEADS > WHY KALTA SPY ON KALTA
WHY KALTA W GENTRY + IF T INVOLVE

REQ > 

Another pause before the line finished.

REQ > RECRUIT M VIA DISCLOSE K?

The mixed message ended the same way the conversation began:

:v:

After copying over a few relevant notes on another tablet, Korzaa added a response in the lines below Vrill’s terse message, carving clearly and slowly into the surface with her stylus. 

DO NOT DISCLOSE K. WORKING WITH M PERMITTED ONLY IF K INVOLVEMENT SECRET.

ANTIDERMIS INFO + CONNECTIONS TOP PRIORITY

FURTHER INVESTIGATION INTO KALTA, GENTRY, AND TARKAHN APPROVED

:k:

There was a lengthy pause - reading from a distance took as much precision as writing. In the chapel a few walls away, some nearby Ko-Koronans were mildly annoyed at the Cy-Toa’s sigh.

Soon, text began to take shape once more.

UNDERSTOOD

CAUTION > CYRIX AWARE V ON ANTIDERM CASE
AWARE P ORDER M + V ON ANTIDERM CASE
MAY SUSPECT K IF K BEGIN PUBLIC CASE 
AWAIT OUTSIDERS TO REQ ANTIDERM CASE

There was a chilling wait in the utter silence - the agent had yet to sign off. There was more to say, but as the sentences cautiously formed it became clear that he struggled to find the proper words to etch, as if bringing them into the world would surely manifest their harm.

The next set of glyphs began to form, one after the other with frightening clarity.

FINAL CRIT INTEL >

V + M INTERRGTED STANNIS
VERIFIED > MAKUTA BANISHED
NEVER SLAIN

IMPLICATIONS > CALAMITOUS
CONTINGENCIES PARAMOUNT
ALL AKIRI MUST KNOW
ALL ARMIES MUST PREPARE

:v:

Another pause stretched out. Korzaa’s hand hovered over the line below, rereading and rereading this last message, lowering her stylus to write something before reconsidering and picking it up again. Then, her hand shaking only slightly, she carved:

CONFIRM: 
MAKUTA IS ALIVE?
:k:

Embellishment was unnecessary. The exact words had yet to leave the operative’s mind. After a beat, the slate wiped itself clean, and lengthier words occupied the tablet’s space in a cruder, less mathematically precise script laced with grammatical omissions.

V + M + P WERE PRESENT
USED KANOHI RODE

STAN QUOTE >
WE DEFEATED HIM
PUT IN PLACE WHERE HE COULDN'T REACH US
BUT NOT FULL VANQUISHING
SUCH WAS IMPOSSIBLE VS NOTHINGNESS
WE PUT HIM AWAY IN SAFEKEEPING
DIDN’T KNOW WHERE + HOW LONG HE’D STAY
DIDN’T UNDERSTAND TIL TOO LATE
MARU FOLLOWED PROPHECY
NONE UNDERSTOOD IT
SAID “MAKUTA IS GONE”
NEVER DEAD

:v:

Inside the chapel, the spy finally faltered, trance broken by beads of sweat and salty optics. Each of the slouched Toa’s intentional breaths were deeper, intake desperately attempting to rejuvenate his burnt lungs. His mind spun.

The Cy-Toa's armor thinned as he absorbed some of the outer crystalline layers. Undefended, the cold bit him freshly. At first, the air stung like countless needles, but it coalesced into a saturating pain. The subsequent numbness sharpened his focus. He reached out again with his elemental senses, pinpointing his tablet amidst a sea of lightstones and heatstones throughout the building.

By the time the undercover guardsman found it, he could sense a brief response already scratched into the bottom lines of the tablet. It read:

UNDERSTOOD.
CONSIDER STANNIS INFO ON MAKUTA DECLASSIFIED
CONTINUE INVESTIGATION
FOLLOW UP KALTA + GENTRY + T LEADS
FURTHER MAKUTA INFO HIGH PRIORITY

:k:

Nearing the end of his resolve, the Cy-Toa was glad the exchange was over, though he hardly felt any better for it.

COPY

V OUT

A few moments later, the entire tablet squirmed as crystal grew into the etchings, erasing any evidence of the document. The now blank crystal tablet was slotted back into its drawer, hidden among the rest of the near identical ice tablets. The exchange would live on in their minds, and it would do so for some time to come.

  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Casanuva - The Capella, Ko-Koro

"Well it's a good thing I trust my team. Sounds pretty lonely." He glanced aside at his water, thinking about Skorm and Cyrix. Did he trust them? Skorm, he could say that he did - now. They may have had their personal falling outs, but now, and before they came to this island, he'd still trust Skorm with his back. But what about Cyrix? Skorm trusted him, which after what Skorm went through, said a lot. He had been a ghost, but he looked out for them.

"I'll check in now and then. If you're even half as good as an elementalist than you are at moralizing, you'll be able to find me too. But I'm normally at the Kalta Armory; if you get within a hundred meters of the place, I will find you. We don't appreciate people working behind our backs; if you ever want to share information with us on the level, talk to me at the Armory. There's no reason for us to be enemies, and many for us to be friends; I could even help you with that axe of yours," Casanuva said, gesturing with his half-full water glass.

"But yeah, we're done for now."

OOC: @a goose

  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (The Capella)

The lawyer laughed again and pulled his coat tight, bracing himself against the coming cold.

"I didn't say 'people you don't trust,' did I?" There was an odd twinge of sadness behind Muir's eyes to accompany this smirk. "See you around, Cas. And good luck."

And with that, he made his way back out into the storm.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata

  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[IC: Siika - Ko-Wahi]

On 12/9/2021 at 9:29 PM, Rahisaurus said:

Taking the fish from her bag, she placed them in a stone-lined cubby beneath her floor, covering them over with crushed ice and replacing the lid. That should keep them fresh while she made the trip to Ko-Koro for supplies. This was something she had to do once a week, or thereabouts.

...

Siika thought to herself as she took her spear and headed for the door. She was going to find out where that crook had gone and make him pay. Closing the door behind her, she steeled her gaze into the icy winds at the path ahead. Justice would be done.

Siika was halfway up the mountainside when she realised she needed something to actually trade for the supplies she needed. Thankfully she knew there was a river nearby, and that the fish would be migrating upstream this time of year. What luck! She took a minor detour and found herself at the source of the musical trickling, watching for the familiar glint of fish moving beneath the rushing waters. She crouched low, her piercing blue eyes watching intently, her spear-hand slowly rising... then with a jolt of sudden movement, the spear was sticking out of a fish nearby. She smiled.

Still got it.

Maybe she didn't need the extra fishing net and bait after all.

...

The next day, Siika arrived in Ko-Koro with 3 large fresh fish in her sack. She wandered through the quiet marketplace, heading for the stall she knew well. The owner easily spotted her towering figure before she had a chance to greet him first, and rolled his eyes.

Doesn't she know this is the worst city on the whole island to sell fish? Nobody wants to eat that up here, they want hot, warming meals.... 

"Koreko! My old friend." Siika flashed a sharp-toothed grin.

That's an overstatement...

"Here I am again, with the finest fish your stall has seen this week!" she said, putting on her best saleswoman voice.

"Try the only fish my stall has seen..." mumbled the aging ko-matoran.

"I will trade you these three fine fish for a new net and a parcel of mealworms", offered the Skakdi.

"Look, Siika, this is... rough for me but I just can't sell your fish. Last week I only sold one, and the others stunk out my store room before I had chance to throw them out."

"What?? Clearly you weren't trying hard enough to sell them?  What else am I supposed to do, huh? Big girl like me, I can't craft fine things like you or do anything else worth money. Fishing's all I got!"

She shifted the weight of the shield on her back, the scar on her shoulder swimming over the rippling muscles beneath.

"...that, and pummeling."

"Okay! Alright, I'll take them, but you're only getting the mealworms."

"WHAT?!"

The sounds of their continued argument echoed about the marketplace, no doubt drawing a few stares.

 

ooc: @Geardirector one buff skakdi, loud, proud, and ready for noticing, senpai

tune in next year to catch the next thrilling instalment of Siika Does Something™

Edited by Rahisaurus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Sanctum)

Joskander frowned, considered, shrugged.  "Once or twice while I was running errands for Ihu.  Can't say I liked it much.  Too much sun, too much sand, not enough water."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander RL got in the way of this one!  Got a lot of different writing projects going on at once.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: who doesnt love writing when working/studying and then writing some more during free time

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Sanctum)

"Ah. Well, you won't have to come with me there then, if you do not want to experience all that again."

He showed the map to him and pointed at the northernmost tip of Mata Nui. "I'm thinking of paying a visit to Blackrock Canyon," he whispered. "See if the fortress still standing. I'm afraid it is the only place where I can find what I'm looking for. And if there's any members of the Brotherhood still there... well, I hope I'll be able to convince them of the error of their ways."

He paused to let the information sink in and rolled up the scroll before putting it back on the shelf. "I've never been there myself, though I've visited Po-Wahi before. Nevertheless, I doubt I'll need to borrow this map. The canyon can be reached by just going north along the narrow cape. It would be a long journey, though."

"Do you want to stay here?"

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Muir (Drifter's Inn)

Big Al was less than pleased to be letting a room on credit, and Muir found himself hoping dearly that Renaka would cover his expenses. Alrin seemed to hope that too, given the way his eyes lit up when he realised Muir was getting someone else – someone unfamiliar with the typical cost of a night in his establishment – to foot the bill.

The room looked, and was, cheap. The musty smell that came part and parcel with unopened windows in a damp Koro was pervasive, and the mattress may as well have been made of stone, but it offered at a competitive price those usually expensive qualities of privacy and discretion.

Muir let his chest plate fall to the floor with a thud, taking a deep breath at long last. He had been wearing it far too much these past few days; an unfortunate necessity of public appearances, and one that would leave him sore for quite some time. The whiskeys had done their job, though, dulling the ache significantly, and his smoking doubtless posed a far greater risk of long-term damage to his lungs than binding a few hours too long.

The lawyer knew his metabolism well, and knew that he had just enough time to transcribe his conversation with Casanuva before the drink would cloud his mind. The trade-off for an easier night's sleep was that he would be unable to allot time to processing the events and discoveries of the day until morning, but it was an easy trade to make – all that information would continue percolating in his mind while he dreamt, and his anger toward Vrill would have somewhat abated, allowing him to make a proper, objective assessment.

His work done, he closed his notebook, and soon after, his eyes. This day had lasted long enough.

  • Like 5

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: 'Vrill' [Ko-Koro, Solstice District]

A Toa stumbled into the Glacierpool, Ko-Koro's former bastion of mediocre fights to watch with mediocre drinks...

The war was lost...
The treaty signed.
I was not caught...
I crossed the line.
I was not caught...
Though many tried.
I live among you...
Well disguised.

I had to leave...
My life behind.
I dug some graves...
You'll never find.
The stories told...
With facts and lies.
I have a name...
But nevermind.

The last time the Cy-Toa had been here was... earlier that evening, actually. Before that? Hard to count. Not in the state he was in, at least. Luckily, few optics turned to the apparent drunkard. Well, few stayed on him, at least. None thought to upset him on the warpath to the abandoned lot.

There were still some frozen beds there, which might even be habitable if sealed off by the drunk Toa's element. But slightly better mattresses existed at other frost rat dens like Drifter's for nearly the same cost. Plus, despite his stubbornness, he had more than enough widgets in reserve for a classier joint like Rhanus's, too. Why come to the Glacierpool's grave then? Something the agent had spied on the elemental plane earlier that day.

The nameless Toa picked himself up after falling over one of the formerly-load-bearing walls, dusting off the ash that remained from a furniture fire that had been long since been snuffed out. He didn't bother to reabsorb the spilled crystalline flask, because that's when he saw it - the pile of broken glass. With an exhale of relief, he went limp and fell into the mass of former bottles. His mask glowing as he fell, the shards wrapped around him like a kaleidoscopic blanket, soothing the ache of what had been his elemental reserves.

He needed rest - maybe it would clear his head. A pleasant lie. The Cy-Toa saw the crossroads, but his choice had already been etched into the Wall of History. Sleeping on it wasn't a vain search for clarity; all he needed was the strength to walk the only path.

OOC: Vrill on ice for a little bit here while some other things percolate.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Sanctum)

"Nah.  This sounds like something I'd want to stick around for."  Joskander shrugged as nonchalantly as he could.  Inwardly, he grimaced.  In Ko, Dahkapa certainly seemed to be among friends... but a Brotherhood fortress was another thing entirely.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander I was actually on the fence about what I chose here because I've got so much writing to do for class these days >_>

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Sanctum)

He simply nodded, though inwardly felt good that he wouldn't have to make such a long and dangerous journey alone. He had always been a loner, and though he wouldn't call Joskander a friend, he had to admit it was still pleasant to have company.

"Alright," he whispered again, "suppose we'll get some provisions and head straight to Onu-Koro via the tunnel. From there, to Po-Koro, then to Ostia on the Iron Mahi, then finally north along the coast to the canyon."

He glanced at the guard who was watching them. "So, let us go then," he spoke, now loud and clear.

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva) up to you if you want to rp each part of the trip or if you want them to teleport straight to po-wahi/the canyon.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Joskander (Sanctum)

"Mm, we go to Po, yes."  Joskander nodded twice- first to the guard, then to Dahkapa.  "After you, brother."

OOC: Joskander and Dahkapa to Po-Wahi!  I'd rather let you decide the pace- I don't really know anything about Po right now xD @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

IC: Casanuva - Ko-Koro

The blue-armored Fa-Toa watched the Po-Koro native leave. He silently waited at the bar, turning down a refill on his water as he emptied the glass. This drek, the politicking, jurisdiction, he could handle it, but he hated it; back when he was a matoran, he had thought the life of a Toa was simple. Smash the bad guys, protect people; but this? Maybe this was why Mata Nui had sent the Original Toa; the island couldn't handle more than six. He quietly paid his tab and an exorbitant tip (he had to keep his reputation intact, after all) and walked out into the storm, pulling Ferrite out of the coat closet to his hand.

He didn't sheathe his toa tool, extending its magnetic field to match up with the underlying magnetic field in the background; he couldn't see more than a few feet ahead of him, but he didn't want to be out in this storm any more than he needed to. He focused on his magnetoception; ferromagnetic objects lit up around the Koro, and he willfully avoided perceiving where Muirtagh had gone. Instead, he focused on the Kalta Armory, seeing the bridges in the way in the faint form of their rebar. One level down, halfway across the Koro. Doable.

He ran at the edge of the bridge, activating his Pakari. How dare Muir presume he had an agenda. Okay, maybe Cyrix had an agenda, but he was always cagey. At least Cas wasn't the one hiding something. Cas leaped, soaring into the air, the cold wind biting into him. The Armory came into focus as he neared the apex of his jump, and he extended his hand, pulling the grappling hook out towards the bridge. The hook caught, and he began reeling himself in as gravity took over; he eased the final tug so he didn't pull his arm off with his own weight. Before long, he had pulled himself onto the bridge, and was walking towards the Kalta Armory. He scowled slightly; Kalyss, Cyrix, karz, maybe Muir might tell him off for risk-taking behavior, but what was the point of being a Toa in peacetime if you couldn't flex a little?

Inside was empty; surprising, he thought Zueya and Skorm would have been back by now. He was still frustrated; he shed his armor, bit by bit taking off the blue armor plating, exposing the black and gunmetal physique underneath. His Kanohi, the last piece of blue, followed; after the wave of initial wave of nausea and dizziness faded, Casanuva unracked a few dumbbells and began a resistance routine. If the rest of the island was going to be rotten, he could at least be better.

OOC: Casanuva at the Kalta Armory, up for interaction

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, Keeper of Kraata said:

IC: Kalyss - Ko-Koro, Sanctum

The citizens of Ko-Koro gave the pair a wide berth as Kalyss and her guest made their way to the Sanctum. With one glance back to where Casanuva had been staking out, Kalyss led the way.

The creature was bizarre; closer to a rahi than a matoran in form, but Kaminari obviously possessed reasoning skills. Even if one might say they were lacking compared to a matoran, or at the very lease, maladjusted. A few quick words to the guards at the Sanctum cleared both of them for entry.

"The Sanctum; formerly a temple, but now the administrative, military, and spiritual center of Ko-Koro. I can get us into the Archives, unless you would like to check out the Wall of Prophecy first. Be sure to keep your voice down; in addition to some de-matoran working inside, it is still an important temple."

IC: Kaminari - Ko-koro -

The dragon nodded, "Of course." Kaminari said, attempting to lower her voice. Of course for a being of her size her voice still came out louder than most, but it was quiet from her perspective. 

"The Archives will be fine, I care not which order I see them." It was all fascinating to the dragon regardless, it didn't not matter to Kaminari which one the bipedal preferred to show her first. 

@Keeper of Kraata @Visaru

  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 8:43 PM, Rahisaurus said:

[IC: Siika - Ko-Wahi]

She shifted the weight of the shield on her back, the scar on her shoulder swimming over the rippling muscles beneath.

"...that, and pummeling."

"Okay! Alright, I'll take them, but you're only getting the mealworms."

"WHAT?!"

The sounds of their continued argument echoed about the marketplace, no doubt drawing a few stares.

ooc: @Geardirector one buff skakdi, loud, proud, and ready for noticing, senpai

tune in next year to catch the next thrilling instalment of Siika Does Something™

OOC: It is next year, alright.

IC: Mar (Ko-Koro)

After I bade farewell to the Toa I'd run into at the ruined mercenary outpost, I'd decided to make my way into town itself. I could actually use a few supplies, and a place to offload some of what I had picked up on my last outing. It wasn't for the money's sake, that was still well taken care of by the take from that last job with the Heartsflame woman, but it did me no good to let my skills dull.

The market was loud, no surprise there. The trick to get through places like this, for someone like me, had always been to be a bit proactive. Walking in the midst of your element should never be a disadvantage.

I saw someone in the middle of making a row. A skakdi, haggling with a salesman over the quality of her catch. Well, if she needed a buyer.

"I wouldn't mind taking one of those off your hands, if you're hurting for customers" I said, making sure she could hear it

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[IC: Siika, Ko-Koro]

"...AND WHAT GOOD ARE YOU AS A SALESMAN IF YOU CAN'T SELL THREE STINKIN' F---" Siika stopped mid-word as she heard the stranger's voice.

"Oh thank Mata Nui." mumbled the salesman.

She cleared her throat-  "ehhem.. three.. delicious fish?" The words came with a forced grin, which, on a Skakdi, looked especially awkward. She took one of the fish from the bag and offered it to the newcomer, tail grasped in a white-knuckled fist. "You wanna fish? Three widgets."

Waiting for his reply, she looked him up and down. "Say. What's a well-armed guy like you doing in ol' ko-koro? Been no need for weapons like that since... " she trailed off, unconsciously rolling her scarred shoulder and wincing.

OOC: assumed Siika can see Mar's weapons, sorry if not. @Geardirector

Edited by Rahisaurus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Mar (Ko-Koro)

I accepted the fish she handed me, and held it by its tailfin as I presented it to Karv. The Kavinika took a moment to sniff at it, with evident interest, and soon gave off a sound I recognized well. He was satisfied, and that was enough for me.

"Two, then. One for him and one for me," I informed as I fished for the widgets to pay her quoted sum, "I'm not staying here long, I need these to make a living"

Karv took one of the fish to hold in his mouth, not eating it just yet. I handed the Skakdi the money, and glanced at her with a little bit of a smile evident.

"I suppose you could say I'm also versed in the business of pummeling, in some sense"

OOC: @Rahisaurus

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[IC: Siika, Ko-Koro]

The tall skakdi graciously pocketed the widgets with a nod, chucking the remaining fish at the old merchant, not really caring whether he caught it or not. She raised an eyebrow. "Oh you heard that, huh? Probably should have expected that, given the colours n' all. You sonic types are sneaky buggers," she said with a wink, then leaned down and spoke in a low voice. "You know, I had another little errand to run. I'm not just here to sell fish. C'mere."

She gestured off to a quiet shaded corner of the marketplace, giving Karv a brief pat on the head before ambling over there.

OOC @Geardirector

Edited by Rahisaurus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Mar (Ko-Koro)

"It's a bad habit, I don't mean to be rude" I answered, but the rest of what I was going to attempt to say to defend myself got interrupted when the Skakdi gave me a hushed whisper and beckoned me somewhere else. I wrapped my fish up as well as I could, and Karv could just eat his when he had a free moment. He wouldn't take long to get it all down, bones and all. His stomach was made of strong stuff.

"I get the impression that you've got more to do than a 'little errand'" I remarked as I approached her.

OOC: @Rahisaurus

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Siika leaned against a wall, her head and shoulders in shade from an unused balcony overhead, and took a brief moment to furtively survey her surroundings for any possible listeners before continuing. Occasionally, nervous eyes flicked toward her from passers-by, which wasn't unusual given her size and demeanour. Nothing to indicate mal-intent.

Doing her best not to spill all the beans so quickly, she opened with something she hoped she'd already guessed the answer to. "How much do you know about the gang of louts who took over this place a few months back?" came the question, in her low, rumbling whisper. Her casual stance and relaxed shoulders spoke of simple traveller's curiosity, but her icy blue eyes never broke contact, fixing Mar with a sharp, analytical gaze. "I assume you're not affiliated. No way you'd be so relaxed around here otherwise."

OOC: @Geardirector

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Mar (Ko-Koro)

"Very little," I answered, quite truthfully, "I wasn't in the Koro when it was ongoing. I've been staying in the area recently, pitched in a little to help with the cleanup-operations. Catching a straggler or two, finding some lost property or people. Whatever's needed"

It sounded a lot more grandiose than it was. I hadn't actually caught anyone, at best I had helped clear some debris and find some lost pets, and then it was actually Karv doing most of the work.

OOC: @Rahisaurus

  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[IC: Siika, Ko-Koro]

"Catching stragglers, eh. Well, you hit the nail on the head. I'm getting cold feet" - she paused to snort at her accidental pun - "in my old fishing shack down mountain, and I can't stop thinking about the ones who slipped the net, so to speak. I have a score to settle with one of them, specifically." The burly skakdi gestured to the scar covering most of her shoulder, with a slight grimace. "Trouble is, I'm no good at the finding and investigating lark. Shows why I've been sitting on my hands up to this point. But it eats me that these no-good troublemakers are still wandering around."

She thumbed the tip of her spear, feeling the sharpness of the tip across her scales.

"Feel like helpin out?"

OOC: @Geardirector

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vidar — Niici’s Home — West Ko-Koro

It was cold. It was way too cold.

Mist puffed out of the pitiful-looking Great Miru as the beastly warrior huffed through this odd encounter. The morning rays continued to give him energy, but the shining blue waif that stood before him seemed intent on slowing down his body and mind.

Something about a test.

The cyanish-white wafers continued to swerve towards Vidar. The exercise had started with pairs of the ice-cold bits, but that number seemed to be multiplying as his new “master” twirled her staff with faster and faster revolutions. After a while, Vidar began to track the pattern. Far-flung memories of Ronkshou, his lightning bolts, and the deep jungle began to glean their way back into the former Dark Toa’s muscle memory. More than a dozen ice wafers had zipped past the dancing green Toa, and he was no longer feeling the sleepy cold.

But the waif had not relented. She was now holding the staff with both hands, spinning it so fast that it was now a greyish disc-shaped blur — one that was creating a wind tunnel and causing Vidar to reel backwards.

And then, suddenly, the Ko-Toa let go of her staff, and it continued to spin at the same velocity. One could pin it as a fancy trick of the woman's Kanohi Matatu, but Vidar remembered his long-past training. The Ko-Toa’s palms were open and her arms, while not fully outstretched, were extended nonetheless. And to top it all off, the air generated by the rotary rod was oppressively cold to that point that Vidar could see the white dust starting to dress him.

This staff must be hollowed out and brimful with water, which explains its graceful handling by the tall, svelte Toa. It also explained the spiky crystal tendrils that seemed to grow from within the staff and wrap around it like a choking vine.

Vidar squatted down low and extended his arms behind him. Then, after looking up at the gray, blurry disc that was above and snowing all over him, drove all his power through his legs and heels, explosively extending his hips and propelling himself high into the air. Vidar swung his arms forward, his slicers poised for a trisection of the propeller-like Toa Tool.

Just as Vidar was closing in for the kill, his arms, legs, and even his upward trajectory froze in place. It was a flagrantly uncomfortable. Vidar looked at the ice staff again, only to see it not spinning or moving at all. It hovered inert in midair for what felt like an eternity, but couldn't have been more than a second. Vidar was now grasping the staff, and he felt himself falling towards the marble floor of the large, minimalist-looking rec room. Yes, Vidar considered it falling — because his descent was completely out of his control.

The former servant of Makuta didn’t even notice his feet touch the ground. He gazed down at the staff that he held within his callous, rugged hands. The material that housed the ice within was both immaculate and hardy. And it actually felt a little bit heavy.

Vidar staggered and started to fall forward before the waif, now face-to-face with him, helped him steady himself.

“That’s a classic one. Use the ice to shock your muscles and even numb them to a point,” the woman spoke softly as she gingerly plucked her crystal-adorned staff from Vidar’s hands, “Once the subject’s muscles are disengaged, they’re much easier to move and carry around. No different from a standard soldier carry.”

Vidar surveyed the woman standing before him as she triumphantly twirled her staff one more time. The toned muscles of her arms and legs were noticeable now that she was up close. She was not as waiflike as the insane killer had thought.

“You’re everything I’d hoped you’d be. As fast and instinctual as the stories have been suggesting,” the woman said, now speaking at normal volume, “But the game has changed. With every passing week, new fighting techniques are discovered, new ways to win against impossible odds. And it appears you haven’t regained your mastery over air. That wind tunnel I made would’ve been trivial for you otherwise.”

His new owner put a hand on the tattered warrior’s shoulder, and she wore a visage that appeared like true sympathy and optimism to Vidar.

“Today is a blessed day for you. For I'm going to tell the Good Doctor about you. Wouldn't you like to control air once again? To use mask powers as you had before?”

The toned waif paused for a moment, and it was just enough time for Vidar to relish in his own imaginations of recrudescent power; a return to the old days.

“I’ve learned of something that could do it. I will meet with my friend and send him here. With any luck, he’ll be my first partner”

* * *

IC: Niici — Nuju-Marion Research Hospital (Several Miles East of Ko-Koro)

The Toa of Ice leaned insouciantly against one of the corner pillars of the new enclosed funicular as it steadily elevated along its heated tracks. At this point, Niici barely paid any mind to the breathtaking vistas as the box climbed the bluffs that backed the Regal University like a royal guard to its queen. Over and over again, Niici would make this trip to see her longstanding friend, but at least she didn’t have to walk this time.

Aqi, or The Good Doctor as Niici and others called him, was actually a chief surgeon. Proficient at both the practice of trauma surgery as well as restorative and reconstructive surgery, Aqi was the top jewel of Mata Nui’s most wealthy patients. Of course, the surgeon never required payment up front, so Matoran of all economic backgrounds could get the help and rebuilding that they needed if something catastrophic ever happened. In his ingenuity, Aqi devised a payment plan program, which he then evolved into one of the most lucrative loan establishments on Mata Nui. His side business guaranteed a steady income thanks to the cottage industry of bill collectors. His most recent innovation of debt handling was a previously unheard-of method of charging interest. The chief surgeon had dubbed it “variable-rate”, and the influx of borrowers led to a 250% increase in profit! Turns out, most people think variable interest means "it'll go down".

As Niici exited the funicular and walked towards the newly rebuilt hospital entrance, she made eye contact to the few Matoran (likely debtors) who seemed to gaze in awe — they either knew who she was or were impressed by the semblance of royalty protruded by her brisk pace and the commanding clack of her heels on the granite pathway.

Niici navigated to the winch-operated elevator in rote fashion, barely paying mind to the Ko-Matoran attendants (also likely debtors) behind the desk. She knew the path to Aqi’s office by heart — it was one of the nicest ones in the facility. After entering the elevator and selecting the top floor, Niici once again reminisced about her longtime friend's success. A Gentryman and dutiful noble, Aqi had overclocked his journey to fortune after the death of Akiri Matoro — whose vision of Ko-Koro ran directly against a world where men like Aqi were the kings of health care. He became more businessman than doctor, establishing branches in all the other cities to further entrench his practice, maintaining a high standard of service, and forging connections with other members of the Cultured Gentry. Niici, being a friend from his past, considered herself one of his closest connections. 

It’s why the Chairwoman called him the Good Doctor. Unlike the comparably indigent "healers" on Mata Nui, Aqi saw the big picture, and knew how to use his skills to truly elevate himself and his friends. Under Aqi’s practice, healers were his emissaries — practically unable to conceive of offering their labor under anyone else's name, including their own.

Niici soon found herself standing before the surgeon, and it was here that she took in the impeccable vistas that extended to the width of his office, broken up only by the dark silhouette of a Toa sitting behind a mahogany desk. Aqi was a slender, surefooted-looking Toa of Ice with broad shoulders and long, dexterous fingers. His mask and armor were a reflective obsidian color — less common for a Ko-Toa, while his sleeves and trousers were the familiar snowy white. The mask on his face was the Great Kanohi Akaku, which Niici believed he put to much better use than First Toa Kopaka ever did. Over it all was the standard white coat —Aqi's badge of office.

An attendant, a meek Ko-Matoran, gingerly closed the door behind Niici, and Aqi wordlessly gestured towards a chair.

“Right on time,” the Akaku-wearing Toa said, his voice deep yet welcoming, “It’s good to see you again.”

Niici gave a lustrous smile as she sat down, “I couldn’t wait. There’s been a development, and you’re the first man I thought of for this venture!”

Aqi’s expression did not change. It was a stoic but hospitable smile designed with surgical precision to relax and disarm.

“I’m listening”

  • Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: 12-hour rule

Also, Zelvin from Ta-Wahi

IC: Zelvin (Ko-Koro)

"It was my pleasure, officer" Zelvin answered cordially as she took in hand the payment for bringing in the two ruffians she had tracked down in the Charred Forest. All told, she ended up with a slight net gain after having compensated Jolek and Chiaki for their hand in the arrest. Just how it should be.

She sat at an establishment a short walk away from the Guard Office, once again making a valiant attempt at getting used to her iStone and its various functions. A steaming cup of herbal tea sat by her. What should she do next?

The Kru-Toa had many different thoughts, as she often did. It was mostly a question about who and what interested her the most. She'd just gotten her fill of sampling the "Ko-Koro is rebuilding" spirit, so she was satisfied here for now.

The tea fully drank, Zelvin had made her decision as to where she was going to head.

It was a simple flight of fancy, nothing more. But, Zelvin could afford to indulge those now and then. Once the situation got a bit more serious, and she had every reason to believe it would, she could harden with it.

She passed through the Koro's gates, and found the best road heading due north.

OOC: Zelvin to Po-Wahi

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kalyss - Sanctum, Ko-Koro

The Su-Toa nodded. She sought to escape the absurdity of the situation by thinking through the logistics; the Sanctum had originally been built by and for matoran; there were some areas where even Toa struggled with the cramped spaces. Still, allowances had been made; she could take Kaminari through the main hallways and cut through a loading area. She had gotten used to the looks; most of the staff at the Sanctum had gotten used to seeing her. Some, though, held judgment in their gaze; to some, she would always be an outsider. Today, though. such looks only lasted until they saw her guest. Kalyss; preeminent warrior, deputy leader of the Toa Kalta, and tour guide to dragons.

When they reached the archives, Kalyss signed herself in and after glancing at her guest's wings, signed in Kaminari as well. "A lot of things were pilfered during the occupation. We've managed to recover some, but we have other things to focus on." Though the Sanctum Archives were technically public, permission was required to get into the storage kept deeper within the Sanctum; the true archives, mostly filled with lockers and shelving full of miscellaneous old stuff and the occasional forgotten artifact.

She glanced over a few of the things kept out for public display. The former Turaga of Ko-Koro, Nuju, had his staff of office displayed, and a plaque talking about the elder. Kalyss knew that his mask was in storage somewhere; given Nuju's decapitation as he was assassinated, the townsfolk had thought it distasteful to display the Kanohi itself. Probably a wise call. Her gaze drifted over to a solid block of ice containing a mummified limb of some ancient rahi, which brought her mind back to her guest.

"You said there were more of you. What exactly do we call you? You're obviously not a rahi."

OOC: @Snelly

  • Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kaminari - Sanctum -

Kaminari slowly scanned the Sanctum with curiosity, Nuju's mask and other things were certainly interesting, but didn't mean much to the dragon. She ignored the stares of the passersby, completely unbothered by them.

The draconic mystix was also quite aware of the limited amount of space she had, keeping her wings folded as tightly against her body as she could. Admittedly she was somewhat vulnerable in such an enclosed area, but she trusted this 'Toa' or whatever this biped was called, despite only having just met not very long before.

"I'm what you would call a Draconic Mystix." Kaminari began to explain, though she made the dragon equivalent of a frown as she thought of something. "We're much more reasonable than our bat-kin cousins, I can assure you of that." She had heard of the trouble their bat-like brethren had caused the bipedals, and wished to make it clear that the Draconic Mystix had nothing to do with it.

@Keeper of Kraata 

  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2023 at 5:31 PM, Geardirector said:

"If you hold off on the fishing puns, I could be persuaded" I answered with a slight nod

[IC: Siika, Ko-Koro]

The hulking Skakdi woman loomed over Mar, grinning with an oddly sadistic look in her eyes. "Oh you're reely in for it now, buoy. Hook, line and sinker. If you only knew the scale of the fish pun shiptuation... you'd run a nautical mile." She leaned in even closer, nudging him with an elbow. "No trout aboat it."

She cleared her throat.

"Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system. Anyway, uhm... why don't you sit down and I'll give you my end of the story." She looked around. "Know anywhere good? I don't come into town much."

ooc: @Geardirector sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Mar (Ko-Koro)

"You're lucky I'm hungry or you'd get your own merchandise right back in your face" I remarked humorlessly as I gestured to somewhere that would serve our needs well. There was a small eatery not too far off that offered people the chance to cook whatever they themselves brought. It was not the best choice, but the closest and I really needed to get this thing on a grill at some point today.

After a bit of time, we were sitting down. I was eating an actually decently grilled fish, while Karv was sitting quietly nearby having eating his long ago at this point.

"Alright," I said, "looking over at Siika, "you've got a score to settle with a 'troublemaker'. What kind are we talking about? What did they do and so on" I asked.

OOC:  @Rahisaurus

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...