BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

IC Kanohi - Le-Wahi - Le-Koro

Kanohi nodded, then began to rewrite some more. “Okay then. I must admit, before we leave Le-Wahi I will need to do some preparations for the journey ahead, but I will not need to do them in Le-Koro. They just will need doing before we journey too far towards the Fau Swamp.

If he was heading to that swamp so soon, he would to make sure his Volo Lutu Launcher was functioning in peak condition. If he fell in the swamp and it failed to drag him out, death would be painful. And he … he did not want to die.

After he modified his grappling hook though he would be fine heading for Ga-Koro. Well, mostly fine. Admittedly it was daunting to possibly encounter Nichou and the others again, but well, destiny clearly was pushing him to the Village of Water. It was inevitable.

Hopefully the vigilante Kanohi could handle it, while Dece could not And hopefully he … if he had to confront his past, he would not be exposed by his old colleagues. He … Mata-Nui shield my identity.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly 

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

50 minutes ago, Harvali said:

Kanohi nodded, then began to rewrite some more. “Okay then. I must admit, before we leave Le-Wahi I will need to do some preparations for the journey ahead, but I will not need to do them in Le-Koro. They just will need doing before we journey too far towards the Fau Swamp.

IC: Lapu

The tall Toa nodded and promptly turned and walked toward the edge of the platform they were standing on. He glanced at the other two and pointed down toward the forest floor. If they had nothing left to do in the Koro proper, then he was ready to leave.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Vaíl, Bright Star Inn, Le-Koro

Vaíl’s blank look has little to do with her steadily advancing intoxication. It is more than a few moments before she realizes to whom Ferellis is referring.

“Oh – him.” In this moment, Vaíl is far more concerned that the nickname will catch on than she is about any threat posed by its owner. Or perhaps it already has, while she was out on her own? Disturbing.

“So, y'think the rumors are true, then?”

OOC: @Mel

• Like 1

Q2TtLEz.png

On 9/7/2021 at 3:59 AM, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

IC:

IC: Ushadra

The shadows clung to Eisen as he left the vault, as did the cloying sense of being watched. No, not watched, followed. No sound came from this pursuer, nor light from eyes or heart. Its oneness with the darkness could only mean it was a servant of Makuta

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Kalih [Fau Swamp, Kavinika]

While initially weary of experimenting further with the odd collection of levers and dials that surrounded the wheel, eventually the Ga-matoran's curosity won out over his caution. It didn't take long to figure out that the large lever was some sort of speed control, though the exact mechanics of the windless motion were still somewhat lost on him, as were the technical reason for the numbered spots along its path of travel. Absently Kalih patted Haa's armored side, the Keras having busied himself with doing some exploring for himself along the metal vessel. Probably looking for a place for a burrow.

The smaller lever vexed Kalih for a time longer, it made no obvious changes to the ship's motion when flipped from one position to the other. It took flipping both levers for him to finally determine its function, as a satisfying clunk of mechanisms shifting sounded from beneath his feet even as the ship was provoked into motion by some unseen force. This time backwards and away from the river shoreline, freeing the vessel from its semi-beached status at last. Not wanting to get too far away, and not entirely sure he could control the ship's motion well, Kalih brought the large lever back to an upright position, and the Kavinika began to lazily drift along with the river currents.

He felt rather proud of himself for that one. Not wanting the momentum of his good luck to die off quite so quick, Kalih flipped the smaller lever back forward, and turned the wheel hard to port. Pausing a moment to take stock of his situation, and calling to Haa to not climb over the side just yet, he moved the large lever one position forward. The ship complied, and at a sedate pace began to move under it's own power down the river.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Hakari - Le-Koro -

Hakari gave Lapu a thumbs up, even a chatty girl like her knew the value of body language sometimes. She then proceed to jump off the platform, landing neatly on a branch below before jumping down to another branch and so on. It seemed the Lesterin wasn't afraid of doing some parkour. 

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kanohi nodded and holstered the tablet onto his back, before firing his Volo Lutu Launcher at a lower branch. He was wrenched from the platform and hurtled downward, tumbling onto a lower branch. As he rolled he hooked a lower branch and descended further down the tree.

Before he hit the forest floor he fired his gadget, hooking another tree. His body creaked from the sudden lurching but his chassis endured it and he grappled to the next tree. He hurtled through the jungle, heading Eastward.

It would take some time to trek the jungle, and his sense of geography was not great. Still, he was not unfamiliar with the layout of the island’s south, he knew the general direction. And while he still had time, when thet reached it he would know the signs of the dangerous Fau Swamp.

He would need to have his Volo Lutu Launcher as best as it could be before heading through the swamp, let alone Ta-Wahi, and then to face whatever the villainous green Lesterin was planning. This stretch of the journey would be relatively fine, but the rest might be more sketchy. So if the others were alright. he would stop on the edge of the swamp, and begin cobbling together his upgrades. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly mind stopping us just outside the Fau Swamp?

• Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

5 hours ago, Snelly said:

IC: Hakari - Le-Koro

5 hours ago, Harvali said:

He smiled as his partners leaped into action, pleased to see both were more than capable of moving swiftly through the trees. For his part, he simply grabbed the edge of the platform and tumbled over. Activating his mask, his arm became as supple as rubber, stretching and extending to its limit, followed by his body. When he reached his limit, he reached out for a branch with a leg and simply repeated the process until he was swinging right above ground level, alongside Kanohi.

The masked Matoran stopped, and signaled for them to do likewise at the edge of the swamp. This suited him just fine. He landed on a tree and took a moment to restore his usual armor. Shedding the simple wooden plating, he walked through a cluster of trees, calling the plantlife to himself. Bark, wood, and roots clung to his form, weaving through the gaps in his armor to form a tight and flexible seal. Now he felt fully at ease.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kanohi - Le-Wahi - The Edge of the Fau Swamp

The Fe-Matoran vigilante slumped against a tree, taking a moment to rest. He was no Le-Matoran, traversing the trees did not come as easily to him. But that helped cloak his past a bit, and well, it was the fastest way to get to people to help them. 

After a short rest Kanohi took the medical supplies he had purchased, and got to work. First he became to bandage up his right arm with the hard brace he had gotten. He bound it in the cast, covering everything but his hand.

Then he took the reinforced splints, doused them in his flame resistant concoction, and got to work. He attached the splints to the brace, bolting them to the cast, before similarly attaching them to his Volo Lutu Launcher. The work was slow, he could only use his left hand to assemble this, and he had to be careful not to damage his gadget.

Finally he nodded, the Volo Lutu Launcher was now effectively attached to his arm. Even if his hand released it, he would not drop it. Know came the part he should have done before he attached it to him. Kanohi held his right arm out, and began to tinker with the launcher’s mechanisms, mending and replacing the components. It honestly would be easier to do with two hands, but well, he supposed he would have needed to get used to using only one hand regardless. This only gave him practice earlier.  

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

IC: Okuo - Edge of Fau Swamp

There was a calm stillness in the air over this one spot in Le-Wahi. Sitting in the shadow of the Mangai, its smoking peak skewering the sky above the treeline, this patch of the jungle-come-swamp happened to be the place a young Ta-Matoran found himself, sitting on one of the highest tree branches and scribbling in his sketch book a rough drawing of his Kewa as it sat on a branch on the tree over tending to itself, waiting calmly for its rider's call. Carefully, Okuo drew his graphite over the page, lining out the different shapes making up the avian rahi, before gently rubbing some shadows in to give it definition.

While in the middle of adding some finishing touches to the sketch, Okuo's attention was drawn with his Kewa's down to a trio of beings that had just shown up on the ground below, settling down apparently to take stock and tinker around. Okuo peered, taking note of the distinctive mask-like armour the matoran wore. A detail Okuo instantly recognized. Signalling for his bird mount to stay put, he closed and put away his sketchbook and graphite, standing up before he began his descent by leaping down branch after branch, all the way down the tree until he slid down the trunk to the jungle floor close to the three, an excited look on his Rau. "As I live and breathe. You're Kanohi, aren't you?"

OOC: @Harvali, @ARROW404, @Snelly, hello!

• Like 2

The cross-wired Fe-Matoran felt his heartlight briefly freeze. He … had this Ta-Matoran tracked him down? Was he an ally of that deluded Matoran? But why would he approach when Kanohi was traveling with such strong Protoderms? And he did call him Kanohi, not Dece…

It took time for Kanohi to register the Matoran of Fire’s excitement, but as it dawned on him he felt his face burn as his orange Great Ruru’s sides shifted to a maroon hue. Fortunately his embarrassment was buried under his wooden masks, hopefully sparing him the others’ judgement.

First Hakari watched him save a Taku. Now a Ta-Matoran knew him on sight. His fingers drummed his sides. He … could someone actually know about his work as Kanohi? He … was he making a difference? He … no, he … um he… 

Finally he dipped his reddening head to the Ta-Matoran, and pulled out the tablet Lapu had given him. With his chisel he carved, “Hello. Yes I am indeed called Kanohi. What is your name? What brings you to this part of Le-Wahi?

OOC: @ARROW404 @Onaku @Snelly

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, Emzee said:

A display a clumsiness by Tailua would lift the lock from the cage. The door would swing open at the same time a subtle bird-whistle exited Tailua’s lips.  

“Oh no!” exclaimed Makua. 

On cue, the former Dark Toa would stumble out of the cage. The front row audience went go crazy, and there were gasps from the stands. 

Makua kept his smile in check, and instead looked up at the unfocused eyes of the Dark Toa of Vidar, letting the shocked silence set the mood.  

He waited to see what would happen next. 

IC: Makua – Le-Wahi, Fau Swamp, Ringli-Barnuma circus tent 

A collective sigh could be heard as Vidar stood still for a moment. The cage door sat wide open, and only after Tailua's next set of bird-whistle instructions did Vidar saunter onto the platform. 

That was the trick. Now, Makua and Tailua had earned the audience's trust.  

Matoran attendants wheeled out a bamboo-reinforced wooden pole, extending so high it was close to the ceiling of the circus tent. Vidar looked at the pole with cold indifference, as if waiting for another command.  

Then, a sharp whistle shot from Tailua and the performer was off to the races.  

It wasn’t a straight climb up the pole. Vidar extended his legs, one at a time, alternating between the two, as he clambered up the pole. It looks goofy, and the audience ate it up.  

“Now unfortunately he can’t just levitate down,” Tailua jeered, “He’s too stupid to use the mask” 

As Tailua said this, Vidar alternated between sliding back down the pole and clambering in the same motions he used when he went up the pole. 

Now it was time to turn up the heat. 

“Of course, this isn’t at all what we remembered from the infamous killer,” Makua projected to the crowd, “I wonder what those blades are for?” 

Tailua whistled something new, and on cue, Vidar’s scissor blades extended, prompting gasps and yelps from the audience. At that same instant, two small Kewa birds flow overheard, dropping sacks of fruit and other objects into Makua’s extended arms. He caught them gracefully, and set them both down at his feet. He reached into the sack to his right and pulled out a bright red apple. Unceremoniously, he tossed the apple in Vidar’s direction, who stood upright like a statue.  

In a flash, Vidar’s left arm extended and retracted, and the apple was split lengthwise, through the middle. The halves fell to the ground and rolled away from each other.  

“It appears we have ourselves a fruit ninja over here,” Makua commented, sounding impressed.  

Makua expanded on this, throwing two fruits, then three, then having Tailua toss him apples, Bula, bananas, mangos, and other fruits of shapes and sizes.  

Vidar had flawlessly struck each and every object thrown at him. The audience applauded his dexterity 

“It’s no wonder, you were so feared,” Tailua said, “Clearly, you are no less dangerous than the day you pierced Le-Koro's heart” 

“But now, the killer serves new masters,” Makua followed up, “And because of that, we can have some semblance of justice” 

Makua pulled out a Bula fruit and wound up. As he did this, Tailua whistled another bird command. This time, when Makua threw the fruit, he hit Vidar square in the mask. The Dark Toa staggered, but he did not fall over.  

“Please forgive us for breaking the illusion for a crucial moment,” Makua said, “But are there any Le-Koronans in the house? Friends of Tamaru maybe?” 

The audience began to boo. Not at Makua, of course, but to the killer turned prop himself. It was all part of the show. 

“Now is the moment of judgement, if you have purchased a specialty fermented Bula berry,” Makua said, “If not, there is always the voice from your heart” 

Matoran attendants came and wheeled away the massive pole, revealing a painted X symbol on the stage. Makua whistled a bird-command to Vidar. On cue, the Toa of Air walked to the symbol and stood still, pieces of fruit still falling from his mask. 

Makua beamed as the jeers, insults, and fermented Bula berry flew from all around the tent. The faceless masses -- the all-so-important Paying Audience, gave their worst, and they aimed it all at one target.  

• Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Lapu - Swamp's edge, Ta-Wahi border

The wood, vines and roots that made up the silent Bo-Toa's armor shifted as it found its place, looking briefly more like a mass of tentacles until the moment it felt just right, at which it hardened and took shape, coating him in nature. He let out a long sigh of satisfaction at the familiar feeling. As he finished up, another Matoran made its appearance. He was never a "the more the merrier" type, so he held his constant silence- not that he had much choice- a few paces away, listening idly while scanning the trees and swamp for any potential signs of danger, just in case.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Okuo watched as Kanohi carved away a message into the wooden plate he had with him, reading it and nodding in understanding,  before glancing up to the Lesterin at hearing her question. "Uh, well... I'd like to be. My name is Okuo. I'm with the Ta-Koro guard, working as part of the guard exchange program between my village and Le-Koro. I was on a break up in the treetops when I saw you, I thought I'd pop down and say hello. Word of your deeds has begun to spread throughout the Wahi, and what I've heard is honestly a bit inspiring." He smiled warmly and appreciatively to Kanohi, before his eyes trailed down to the wooden board again. "You know... if you need alternative means of communication to speech, I might have something easier than carving letters into wood." Reaching into his satchel, Okuo retrieved his sketch book, tearing out a few blank pages and handing them to Kanohi. Then, unsheathing his knife and taking out his piece of graphite, he carefully carved a piece of it off before handing it to Kanohi. 

OOC: @Harvali@Snelly@ARROW404

• Like 1

The cross-wired Fe-Matoran blushed again. People had heard of Kanohi? Word had traveled? Someone actually wanted to be his friend? He had been inspiring? And gave him a gift spur the moment to? Even how … maybe he did matter. Well of course he mattered, but he … his heartlight was unsteady as he looked down with embarrassment.

Then he realized something. If this Okuo was a transferred guard dealing with inter-Koro matters, he might be able to help them with the parasite Lesterin. The mysterious villain might threaten both Le-Koro and Ga-Koro after all. Kanohi carefully began to sketch circles in the paper, before slicing them with lines and dotting them.

Thank you, this is very kind,” the Matoran script he wrote said, “I am touched that you find anything I have done inspiring. Do you know, understand,” he paused to rethink his words, before writing again, “Maybe you can help us. But first, are you familiar with the Telegraph language? I can mimic it, and using it would save your paper.

• Like 1

OOC: Life gets away from you fast, doesn't it? Sorry this took so long

IC: Trava (Great Jungle, Pala-Koro Approach)

Trava had been expecting something from Kaelynn that was going to be hard to counter, in terms of just... moving around quickly, and there it was. The Toa got such a massive boost from that leap forward that Trava was just left in the lurch, and with such a cheeky gesture on the way past, too.

There wasn't much left to be said or thought about it. Competition was one thing, but making the best out of what you had was another, and Trava had never set any rules.

As Kaelynn, well ahead, presumably reached the end of the road for their impromptu jungle dash, Trava instead swung to the side, and ran along a branch that reached out over the lake the village was nestled by. She closed her eyes as she leapt off and into the lake, finishing with a graceful dive into second place. She'd been meaning to take a swim anyway.

OOC: @Goose

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Niici — Ringli-Barnuma administration building

The posh Toa of Ice found herself sitting opposite of the chief operator himself: a shrewd Matoran named Ringli. He was flanked by the two Toa from the show. All three of them thought they were being stone-faced.  

All the while, Niici was in Artahka. 

Negotiation, persuasion and reeling in deals what her unmatched specialty. It’s how she rose within the ranks of the Cultured Gentry, and bent the intentions of Wokapu and countless others to her will. It was simple really: know who you’re talking to. Respect them on their level without lowering your own status. And if they’re worth dealing with, they will do the same. The key was to not show weakness. Niici made her intentions crystal clear to the three men, and she laid out her argument in a structured manner.  

She was interested in purchasing Vidar from Ringli-Barnuma. 

The cold fact was that word was spreading. If Niici and two Matoran from Ko-Koro were able to get word of the Dark Toa’s current location, then it was only a matter of time before more interested parties found out. Akiri Kongu would stop at nothing to make his close friend’s other murderer pay for his crimes. Not to mention the countless other Matoran and Toa that Vidar murdered during the centuries of him being one of Makuta’s top servants. 

On the other hand, Ringli-Barnuma were raking in countless stacks of money for this lucrative exhibit.  

But on the original hand: prison.

——

Niici’s payment for Vidar was as prepared as it was generous. Through the banknotes recognized by every bank on Mata Nui, the Ringli-Barnuma would have enough cash to tide them over and possibly find a doppelgänger down-on-their-luck enough to play the role of the disgraced Dark Toa. At least then if the cops came, while it would still ruin their show, there would be no prison time for harboring an actual fugitive.  

The other catch was that Tailua and Makua would escort the group back to Ko-Koro. At first, Niici had her doubts about this plan. Ultimately, it was Niici’s butler who encouraged her to accept the extra protection. Even if she didn’t exactly hold the two Toa in high regard – especially the red one. It probably wouldn't hurt. She had been away from the Legacy-controlled Ko-Koro for a long time now, but she knew she'd have enough sway to keep the more fanatic members away from Tailua and Makua. 

——

Niici, Jed, Seba, Makua, Tailua, and Vidar stood in a row in Fau Swamp, facing north. Vidar was wrapped in mahogany-colored robes with a cowl that obscured the top half of his face.

“The last time we tried to reach Ko-Wahi this way, we got turned around by the fog,” Tailua grumbled, “No matter how many times we tried, we always ended up outside the fog facing south, back towards Le-Wahi” 

“So, we walk around the fog,” Niici replied contemptuously, “Is the asset secured?” 

“With the best elastic vine bands,” Makua replied with confidence, “We can unsecure them and let Vidar take care of anything out here that dares to attack us. On the other hand, chains and shackles make noise and draw attention. We only need his arms bounded, anyway. He’s an effective runner by normal standards. But he's hard-wired to never run unless commanded to do so” 

“And with this cloak and cowl, we’ll be able to use the traveling silent monk story,” Tailua said with a toothy grin. 

“Yes… the tried-and-true ‘Silent Monk’ story,” Makua said, almost appearing to fight the urge to roll his eyes. 

“It works though,” Tailua said, looking straight at Niici in an ill-guided attempt to impress her. 

“Well, if we’re all saddled up, then there’s no time to lose,” Makua said, “I’m actually looking forward to a chill time” 

Makua said this also while looking a Niici, and got icy daggers of a gaze in return. Niici quickly started walking north, a gaggle of Matoran, Toa, and insane murders in tow.

OOC: Alright finally. Open for interaction in these dire swamps 

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

On 9/24/2021 at 9:45 AM, Visaru said:

:i::c: - VERAK (Outside The Rockwall)

“See you in a moment brother. Have fun.” I tell Cipher, patting his shoulder before I leap from the bushes we are using for cover, flailing my arms spectacularly. I land on a protruding rock, lose my balance, and activate the Calix. I instinctually know just how to move to recover, spinning around and posing like a dancer on my toes. With my arms outstretched and a smile so wide it feels like it might crack my borrowed Kanohi, I take a deep breath and announce my presence to the guards on the wall.

“Good Morning Marines! It’s a fine day to break down some walls, is it not!?”

IC:

"Oh, no," one of the Marines groaned.

Her partner beside her remained silent, but Gelna had been stationed on the mainland for most of her career, and had intimate dealings with the crew of the Infernavika - so the Sand Toa's face, handsome though it may have been, raised memories of inane interrogations and endless, bombastic proclamations of love and joy. Even if she could no longer place the name as well as that of Captain Lohkar, or his first mate and rival Raknar, she found it hard to forget a face.

"Nice jump," she drawled, clearly not paid enough to deal with an ex-pirate today. "But I'm not letting you any closer to my walls."

-Tyler

• Like 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Kanohi grasped his bracelet, and began to click it. He closed his eyes. Kanohi was not an expert in the Telegraph language himself, and after traversing the jungle, he might make mistakes. And if Okuo was not a perfect user either, he should move slow and simple

Me and Hakari,” he paused to gestured to the Lesterin of Jungle, “spotted Le-Matoran trader falling from sky. Her bird was possessed by plant parasite. I saved trader from mud, Hakari killed the parasite. We took trader to Le-Koro.

Lapu,” he pointed to the bark-covered Toa of Jungle, “came to us, we three decided to stop parasites. We spoke to trader, she said her bird given food by strange green Lesterin in Ga-Koro. Strange Lesterin said he came from faraway island of Seprilli, but I think he lied. Seprilli exists, Lesterin homeland, but to travel so far so quick, I think he lied, using his returned memories. Hakari had started to remember Seprilli too. Trader said he implied he had business with refugees in Ga-Koro, so we headed there to stop him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvali said:

Kanohi grasped his bracelet, and began to click it.

The quiet Toa watched the Matoran tapping at his armor. He had done that earlier. It must have been some form of wordless communication. Maybe he ought to learn it while they traveled together. He had little use for it in his usual lifestyle, but when traveling with others it could prove useful.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

On 9/28/2021 at 10:31 PM, ARROW404 said:

The shadows clung to Eisen as he left the vault, as did the cloying sense of being watched. No, not watched, followed. No sound came from this pursuer, nor light from eyes or heart. Its oneness with the darkness could only mean it was a servant of Makuta

IC:

"It's rude not to introduce yourself." 

The dark Toa said simply, pausing in his stride down the tunnel. His audience with his Lord weighed on his mind, a relief and a burden both. He had his instructions, he had— for the moment— Makuta's implicit approval. But that could change, and his first responsibility would be to find the Piraka Zaktann. He did not expect the Skakdi to enjoy the experience. Long instinct detected the eyes upon him, however; nothing that could be pinpointed, nothing that could even be confirmed very easily. He had not survived— thrived— so long by ignoring those instincts.

"State your business. If you please."

OOC: Sorry, I missed this post. Ty brought it to my attention.

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

7 hours ago, Krayzikk said:

IC:

"It's rude not to introduce yourself."

"State your business. If you please."

OOC: Sorry, I missed this post. Ty brought it to my attention.

The problem with having a Mahiki and the power of Sonics was never that you have too few ways of introducing yourself. She was practically paralyzed with indecision- what should she wear? Should she pretend to be a Rahkshi? No, that was just silly. Heuani perhaps? If she wanted to instantly get on his bad side, perhaps. Her own face? Oh but where was the fun in that? So many options, yet only one first impression, how on Mata Nui was a girl to choose?

She sighed inaudibly and quickened her pace into the Toa's field of vision. But he saw what she wanted her to: A male Toa, tall of stature, clad in black, modeled closely to Heuani, but clearly not him. A form crafted with one of two purposes- to intrigue, or else to see if the veteran Makuta cultist would see through it. When she spoke, the voice of a male came out- but a taste of the toys her element gave her to play with. "Ushadra, at your service," 'he' greeted him in the playful tone of one who fears nothing, "Fellow servant of our dark master- whom, by the way, had sent me on an errand to find you. Not you specifically of course. His followers. I came to thank you for sparing me the trouble," 'he' chuckled.

OoC: All good!

BZPRPG Profiles

Okuo nodded along as Kanohi tapped his message away, closing his eyes and focusing on catching every letter to form the words and sentences, mouthing each word as it came to him until he had Kanohi's message figured out. "Alright, so, to summarise what I've understood; plant parasite caused trouble big trouble, green lesterin responsible is in Ga-Koro, and you three are headed there to stop him. That about the gist of it?"

@Harvali@ARROW404@Snelly

:i::c: - (The Rockwall)

On 10/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, Haman Karn: A Magical Girl said:

"Nice jump," one of the Marines drawled,  "But I'm not letting you any closer to my walls."

I frown. I was hoping for a more spectacular response. A hail of bamboo disks, or at least a hostile raising of weapons and a more explicit threat. Well, to my often-surprise, things don’t always go as I want them to. 

Now, if you’ve forgotten, a few seconds ago Cipher just asked me what I’d do if things happen the way we wanted them to. I told him — very confidently — that I’d improvise. And although I may be fickle, I am not a liar. 

So: Cipher’s jet of plasma didn’t work as a distraction? No problem. If there’s one thing I can do, Darling, it’s be distracting.

“No closer to the walls? Well, as you say, sister. I’m no rule-breaker.” (Okay, so maybe that thing about not lying was a bit of an exaggeration.)

I stretch out my hands in front of me like a Fire Toa carnie about to start his fireshow and feel out with my mind. My mind travels down through the stone below my feet. It's strong, solid, and immobile, rising out of a larger sheet of bedrock hidden below the plant growth, reaching all the way down to the seabed below, which fades away into the earth far below me… But I can’t control earth. Instead, I reach outward, to the seabed, to the beaches, and feel something that stirs in time to the currents of my thought, something as ever-changing as I am, shifting slightly down below the waves.

I give it a nudge, feeling it invisibly eddy and swirl under the waves crashing around the fortress. It’s a great feeling to feel your element move at your bidding, like squeezing a handful of sand and feeling the particles run between your fingers as they stream out of your grasp. My feet pivot below me as I crouch slightly, settling my stance. 

Then, like a conductor telling his instrumentalists to crescendo enough to blow off their audience’s masks, I shoot my hands up above my head, and give the underwater sand a proper shove.

The water in front of me erupts in a massive spray of foam as a column of wet sand geysers toward the air. Straining, I hold it there, and make the tentacle of sand curve menacingly toward the guards atop the wall. I even make its tip part, like a claw, or a Muaka’s jaws, and water streams menacingly from the sand-construct’s artificial fangs. 

“Anybody not know how to swim?”

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Kanohi nodded with an exaggerated head movement, hopefully the motion was big enough to be noticeable beneath his armor of many masks. Still, he could clarify more, so he sketched into the back of his tablet a big “yes.”

The Fe-Matoran vigilante paused, then carved a “no,” and a “Kanohi” into the wood as well. This was the backside of the tablet, it might be useful to have some quick answers he could flip to. But in the meantime he pointed to the “yes,” while holding the tablet to face Okuo.

With Okuo caught up to speed, Kanohi clicked his bracelet to say, “I am sorry, but since you are guard, and you have worked in Ta-Koro, and was exchanged to Le-Koro, you may be able to help. This may be affecting multiple Wahi. You linked to multiple Koro, and have experience working with different groups of guards. Might help us pass through Ta-Koro easier, help alert Ga-Koro.

Kanohi paused, and then added, “I apologize for imposing.” But asking a favor of a stranger that was not the only reason Kanohi was a bit uneasy. The dangerous jungles of Le-Wahi felt safer than the cities. The heavily policed Le-Koro, the guards watching everyone’s every move, it felt too much like being imprisoned by that false Makuta. It was as he said to Ramaka, the Principle of Faith was missing. Not to mention what if he was found?

He … he needed to be able to bolt as needed, respond to danger immediately. And he could hardly help anyone in Le-Koro, the guards already were upset with him for grappling up to their platform past the checkpoints that time. Whether or not that had been his mistake, he doubted he could use his Volo Lutu Launcher freely enough to help in the village proper. 

Some might note the hypocrisy of asking this guard Okuo then for help. But he could not afford for the parasite to infest someone, he already had neglected Hakari’s life. He could not risk anyone else becoming like that Gukko. And while he was uneasy with the Gukko Force, neither Le-Koro nor Ta-Koro had anything on the stories he had heard of Po-Koro under Akiri Hewkii. If Kanohi had tried to be a vigilante then and there, he would be dead. He doubted such a thing could happen in Le-Koro.

Plus Okuo seemed pretty nice. And he admired Kanohi. He … the Fe-Matoran would trust him. 

Struck by another small idea, the Bo-Toa leaned over Kanohi and touched a finger to the corner of the tablet. The spot glowed with elemental energy as he absorbed a small portion of plant material, leaving behind a small hole, about the width of two of Kanohi's fingers. He then demonstrated the point of this by threading a vine through the hole. Now Kanohi could sling it over his shoulder with a strap, readily accessible and leaving his hands free of the bulky plate otherwise.

BZPRPG Profiles

On 9/18/2021 at 2:38 PM, Wotz said:

IC: Kuhrin (North bank of Lake Pala)

Nervously, I deactivate my mask and flicker back into visibility, relaxing a muscle that I always keep tensed. Immediately the whole of my body is soaked through in this familiar sinking feeling, this liberating, disgusting feeling, like being suspended over the edge of a cliff, and I hate, hate it, and even so savour its lustful allure. To be seen was to be real, to be accused and judged by the Light and all who value it. I am not one of them. The Light shuns me, that's why it gave me the Huna - it doesn't want to touch me.

...I don't know if it's just me, or if it's real, but my skin burns in the light now. It burns.

I reactivate the mask, and disappear into safety once again.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, Geardirector said:

IC: Trava (Great Jungle, Pala-Koro Approach)

As Kaelynn, well ahead, presumably reached the end of the road for their impromptu jungle dash, Trava instead swung to the side, and ran along a branch that reached out over the lake the village was nestled by. She closed her eyes as she leapt off and into the lake, finishing with a graceful dive into second place. She'd been meaning to take a swim anyway.

IC: Kaelynn (Pala-Koro Approach)

Kae skidded deftly to a halt, just about concealing how much more comfortable she was in the air than on land. She looked over to the lake as she heard the splash - That's one way to forfeit - and thought for a moment that she saw... something? A shadow, maybe?

She shook her head, and dismissed it.

"Hey!" She shouted to Trava. "There a reason we came out here, or are you just taking a dip?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Mouthing out the words as Kanohi clicked them into being until he'd gotten the whole message, Okuo quickly nodded. "Of course, I'll help you in any way I can. Though I've got to wonder why you're this far West if you're headed to Ga-Wahi through Ta-Wahi? Are you going to be hugging closer to the Mangai on your trail?"

@Harvali@Snelly@ARROW404

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

Kanohi dipped his head in thanks to Lapu. This tablet should be useful on the days ahead. Then he winced as Okuo spoke, and his face beneath all of his masks heated up, the metal of his cheeks burning to a red glow.

Embarrassed, he began to write on the paper for clarity. And not to strain Okuo to keep up. since well, he was already helping them. ”I am not the best at navigating Le-Wahi. When we left Le-Koro I got distracted, and became lost. The Mangai was impossible to miss, so I led us towards it, so we would not get more lost.

He bowed low to Lapu and Hakari, “I am sorry for leading you astray, I should have spoken up.

Still, if they had gone the proper direction, would they have bumped into Okuo, who may be able to help them in this quest? It was … Kanohi knew he did not have the great destiny of a Toa Maru, he knew he was not fated to be a Toa at all. But … well, all Protoderms were subject to destiny, and maybe he had gotten lost in order to run into Okuo.

Perhaps it was a stretch, but maybe time would reveal that this stop had happened for a reason.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, BBBBalta said:

“So, y'think the rumors are true, then?”

IC: [Le-koro, Brightstar Inn (Ferellis)]

Ferellis swirled the remains of her drink, watching the sparkles swirl.   Even with the heavy veil the drink was drawing over her perception, she could tell that the toa wasn’t really into her whole deal.

“It isn’t quiet about belief, Miss Vaíl—or even those rumors.   You see, when I washed up this here shore I had very little recollection of who I was or where I came from.  I knew what I was good at, I knew how to conduct myself, but the rest? A complete fog—now though…”

She lost the thread for a few seconds staring at the wood grain—she wasn’t supposed to think about this—this was the entire reason she was drinking.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

"Just warming up!" Trava shouted back as she waded onto shore, shaking her grapnel-equipped arm. As good a time as any to find out how well the contraption handled exposure. She'd need it to if it was going to be at all useful to her.

"I'm probably going to be around and in water for the rest of today anyway. I've got my job to do," she remarked casually as she headed into the village proper, "I've taken over one of the buildings here as a little personal space to stash things. It's not like anyone else is using 'em"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Okuo - Fau Swamp Edge

"Well hey, that's completely understandable. I honestly got lost all the time when I first transferred out here. Only reason I can navigate at all now is because of the bird's eye view my Kewa affords me. Oh, speaking of-" Okuo grabbed his horn, playing a short tune on it that carried up to the treetops, with rustling and the sound of wings flapping being prelude to a bright blue Kewa swooping down to land next to Okuo and the others. The Ta-Matoran reached out to pet it, reaching his other hand to grab some seeds from his satchel to feed the avian rahi. "This is Itahi, my trusted companion in the sky. I should be able to help you find the best route to Ta-Wahi if you need me to."

@Harvali@Snelly@ARROW404

• Like 1

IC: Kuhrin (Lake Pala North)

"...a little personal space to stash things..." - What kinds of things, I wonder? I haven't eaten anything but fruit in days....

No. It would be wrong of me to do even what my gut screams I must.

...But could I fall any lower? What is there to lose? It isn't like this would be the first time.

Then again, the others were all thieves - most of them at least. Am I to find some reason why this person deserves to be robbed? Saying that, did any of them? If anyone deserves to starve -

Keep listening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Onaku said:

Okuo grabbed his horn, playing a short tune on it that carried up to the treetops, with rustling and the sound of wings flapping being prelude to a bright blue Kewa swooping down to land next to Okuo and the others. The Ta-Matoran reached out to pet it, reaching his other hand to grab some seeds from his satchel to feed the avian rahi. "This is Itahi, my trusted companion in the sky. I should be able to help you find the best route to Ta-Wahi if you need me to."

The silent Toa smiled at the sight. Matoran and Rahi working together was welcome in his eyes, and it seemed this Kewa was well-treated as well. Striding smoothly and non-threateningly forward, he reached out and brushed the bird's feathers appreciatively.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

9 hours ago, Geardirector said:

IC: Trava (Pala-Koro)

"Just warming up!" Trava shouted back as she waded onto shore, shaking her grapnel-equipped arm. As good a time as any to find out how well the contraption handled exposure. She'd need it to if it was going to be at all useful to her.

"I'm probably going to be around and in water for the rest of today anyway. I've got my job to do," she remarked casually as she headed into the village proper, "I've taken over one of the buildings here as a little personal space to stash things. It's not like anyone else is using 'em"

IC: Kaelynn (Pala-Koro)

Kae smiled absently, her eyes flicking back to the shoreline. Something was tugging at her peripheral vision, drawing it back.

She looked at Trava, while keeping the strange spot just within her line of sight. She was a little hesitant to follow the Lesterin. "I wasn't here when... well, I wasn't really equipped to help. Late bloomer, you could say. I haven't been inside since before the battle."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Kanohi dipped his head to Itachi, this changed somethings. For one thing, they might actually be able to go the right way now. Or at least go the right way sooner than they would have otherwise. And with an aerial view, they may be able to spot danger far in advance.

The Fe-Matoran vigilante turned over his tablet and pointed to the ‘yes’ he had carved into the back, before clicking his bracelet to say “Itachi will be big help. Thank you both for guiding us.” Hopefully they could make up the time Kanohi’s bad sense of direction may have cost them, and reach Ga-Koro in time to stop the Lesterin.

Still, there was a danger here, and Kanohi might not have been clear. This was important, so this time he wrote with the graphic stick, “I am not sure if I was clear, but the parasite was able to control a Gukko, pull its wings and beaks from within like a puppeteer. It did not know how to fly, and its optics could only seem to see light sources not detail, it just flopped about wildly. I do not want anyone else possessed by such a thing. So do be careful for both your and Itachi’s sakes.

He … he could not stomach the idea of a Matoran or another bird being puppeted. Not after he abandoned Hakari in her time of need. She survived, but clearly from his dreams, it haunted him.

• Like 1

IC: Hakari - Le-Wahi - The Edge of the Fau Swamp -

If Hakari had been concerned about them being lost, she certainly didn't show it, she seemed very relaxed and comfortable in the swamp. Hakari found herself distracted by Okou's Kewa as it descended to them. "Your bird is so pretty! Can I pet it?" 

Clearly Hakari was feeling as carefree as ever.

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Onaku

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar