BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

22 hours ago, Goose said:

IC: Kini-Nui

A shiver ran up the Crooked Man’s spine, a thrill even that twisted Lesterin could recognise as deviant. The darkness was like a lover’s caress, light upon the skin, a knife that trailed tantalisingly along his nape. His rotten smile, smothered by the shadows, was one of perverse bliss.

“I come bearing some truly tragic news regarding Leah, of the Toa Maru.” Even the Lesterin’s master, uncompromising as he was, could not misinterpret the sarcasm that seeped from his words. “It seems she’s taken ill; they had to drag her unconscious body from the bay. Why, she nearly drowned. It may be some time before she’s at herself again, and I suspect she may find herself… scarred by the experience. The good people of Ga-Koro seemed in something of a tizzy as I left - awful business, really, just awful.”

OOC: @Krayzikk

IC:

Silence fell again in the temple, this time... Impatient. Leaves rustled softly without wind breaking the silence with a rough susurration. The shadows grew heavier, weighty with the mood of their master. A creature less rotten in the brain might have sensed the danger but with this creature who could tell. But the leaves stilled and the pressure abated. Somewhat.

"Then that nearly qualifies as a down payment on the gift you were given," The air whispered, rough with an undercurrent of warning. A riptide felt much the same before the unwary became trapped. "But at least it proves you might not be a waste."

15 hours ago, Johnny Blocksville said:

IC: Ela Latos - Fighting the feeling

This time, the Lesterin did not have the willpower to distrust the pain - in fact, in the moment, she had no chance to even consider it. Her body reacted involuntarily, her eyes opening and her lungs gasping, as she hopped back, a free hand immediately pressing a finger to her brow. She'd made the wrong call, hadn't she? How stupid could she be, to toss aside her own instinct? She felt blood trickle down her finger, drip from her chin...

The opening had been earned by Kiyaku, if only for a moment, as Ela's hesitation stalled reaction.

IC:

Immediacy sold the illusion better than she could have hoped but the Menti herself was still trying to recover her balance. The hit hadn't quite rung her bell but it came close. Even with the recovery her feint had bought her she was perilously low on time to exploit this opportunity. She was too unbalanced to strike without— maybe— causing harm she didn't intend. So she went quick and she went dirty, the illusion lapsing without the clear concentration to maintain it.

A step in let her drive her elbow into the Lesterin's middle, bringing the flat of her blade into position for what would— in a real fight— be a position to land a potentially mortal blow.

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Mangaia

The sensation of his master’s voice, at once both all around him and whispering intimately into his ear, made the withered Lesterin shudder, and his grin grew wider yet.

“Why, one might almost mistake that for a compliment. Naturally, I know better.”

The Crooked Man took a step further into the darkness, savouring the experience of being quite literally inside the shadows of the Makuta. He pictured himself as a parasite, a long white worm which writhed inside the bowels of its host; nourished by Its gifts, growing as he feasted upon Its successes.

“I can do more. I need only know where my talents should be turned next.”

Edited by Goose
  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Ela Latos 

She narrowed all of her internal conflicts into one crystallized thought, a lighthouse in the sea of uncertainty:

Could she still move?

Her eyes glowed as the elbow hit her, as the Menti would expect, but the Lesterin was, as Kiyaku had correctly assessed, much faster than her, and her body rolled around the blow to the left, minimizing the wind taken out of her just enough for her to retaliate; a large hand balled up into a fist shot wide, but strong, at Kiyaku's cheek.

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

19 hours ago, Goose said:

The sensation of his master’s voice, at once both all around him and whispering intimately into his ear, made the withered Lesterin shudder, and his grin grew wider yet.

“Why, one might almost mistake that for a compliment. Naturally, I know better.”

The Crooked Man took a step further into the darkness, savouring the experience of being quite literally inside the shadows of the Makuta. He pictured himself as a parasite, a long white worm which writhed inside the bowels of its host; nourished by Its gifts, growing as he feasted upon Its successes.

“I can do more. I need only know where my talents should be turned next.”

IC:

"You are nothing so discriminating as a scalpel," The sound was no longer a whisper, but a hiss. The pressure redoubled in an instant, forcing the corrupted creature to his fours as gravity itself bore down upon him. "You are not a guided instrument, you are a disease. I have not the patience to give you direction or the inclination to praise you for might-have-beens. You may join with my Followers or you may work alone. But do not presume to come before me without something important to say."

"You wish for a compliment? Bring me a Maru as a trophy. Kill the Matoran that escaped me upon the Archipelago, or kill the Toa that slew that fool Echelon." The pressure relented as suddenly as it came and the creature could breathe again. "Until then leave my presence. Do what you are meant to do until you die."

2 hours ago, Johnny Blocksville said:

She narrowed all of her internal conflicts into one crystallized thought, a lighthouse in the sea of uncertainty:

Could she still move?

Her eyes glowed as the elbow hit her, as the Menti would expect, but the Lesterin was, as Kiyaku had correctly assessed, much faster than her, and her body rolled around the blow to the left, minimizing the wind taken out of her just enough for her to retaliate; a large hand balled up into a fist shot wide, but strong, at Kiyaku's cheek.

IC:

There was no elegant way to respond.

Then, a fist to the face hardly invited an elegant response. The Lesterin was faster, the Lesterin was stronger, and Kiyaku's balance was forward from her strike. The fist struck her cheek and carried on, sending the Menti sprawling bonelessly on the ground.

• Like 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The sound the Lesterin made as the Makuta forced him onto his knees was, to say the least, indecent. When his master released him at last, he still could neither move nor speak, producing instead what might best be described as a kind of vulgar panting.

When he had regained himself sweat was still beaded upon his brow, and his mouth was so dry that he had to wet his lips before he could speak.

"Tell me… about… the Matoran."

He raised his head, presenting half-lidded eyes the colour and consistency of rancid milk, and grinned once more.

Edited by Goose
  • Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

She shook her hand off, gasping ever so slightly from the wind previously sustained, and sheathing her weapon for the time being. She'd hit her hard, intentionally so, but not enough to harm her severely. It had been a long time - years, even - that she'd been that shaken by an opponent's abilities. She'd of course met many challenges but none that attacked her game plan so close to the bone, not for a while. And this was likely only the tip of the iceberg - she'd probably gotten lucky in being able to incapacitate her. 

But that didn't mean the lesson taught was devalued. Just that there was more to come. 

The woman knelt down beside the Menti, clicking her fingers in front of her eyes to check she was still conscious. A smile had subliminally crept across her face as the possibilities of the future streamed through her brain.

Hopefully she wasn't out for long.

IC:

For a few moments the Menti's eyes were unfocused, almost sightless, but by the second click they were focusing and by the third they were tracking. If perhaps a little dazed still. She propped herself up on elbow and rubbed at her jaw. For a split second anger sparked from her wounded pride, touched unerringly on the raw resentment of her youth. But the moment passed swiftly replaced instead by mirth. The laughter began slowly, but bubbled out of her in increasing volume.

"Good hook," She managed, still chuckling. She held her hand out. "Very good. Give me a hand?"

@Johnny Blocksville

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

That awkward smile again. She immediately outstretched an arm as Kiyaku requested, gently helping her to her feet.

"Had you come across me in battle, you'd likely have bested me. But you keeping the odds fair was noble. I've learned much already." She breathed in, standing up straight and tall again. "But what you use, it's a wellspring, no? I suppose I have only treaded shallow waters."

"An oasis is a sea, for the Po-Matoran." Ela mused. "A local saying."

IC:

"'The mind is the only truly Endless Ocean'," The Menti said, recalling her time at the Yards. She chuckled. "I thought that was true, until I had to sail here. Had I come across you in battle I think it would have ended similarly, unless I had the element of surprise. I did not use my mask, but neither did you. You're faster than me. I expect you're stronger than me, too. I'm not counting against myself. I know my strengths, and my weaknesses."

"But you already learned much about how it works. How preconceptions and split second decisions play into the illusion." Kiyaku tilted her head. "I have an offer for you, I think."

@Johnny Blocksville

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"An offer." The Menti confirmed, rubbing her jaw absently. She was fairly sure of her instincts. Moreover she was certain that she could simply leave if she was wrong. "You're capable. Intelligent. And you've been here longer than I have. I need that."

"In my homeland I was a privateer. Very good at it, actually. I intend to continue much as I always have here, on Mata Nui. I'll rebuild what I lost. I'll build it better, freed from Umbraline control. I'd like you to work with me, for as long as you're willing."

@Johnny Blocksville

fK5oqYf.jpg

So, without mincing words, the Dasaka was a pirate. Although this wasn't an immediate condemnation, it did make Ela doubletake slightly. Her impressions of "privateers" and pirates were that they preyed on the weak - avoided conflict with anyone that could sink their interests - this went for mainland gangsters as well. The Skakdi back home were similar - although they admittedly were so warlike it was hard for them not to butt heads. 

However, were this stereotype universal, Kiyaku had obviously broken it already. She'd admitted and known that Ela was a more skilled opponent than her - and yet she'd still gone through the effort to spar with her and seen her capabilities - learn something. It also wasn't as if it was a complete shock to the senses - Ela had seen and guessed she was involved in some occupation that wasn't strictly lawful. As a vagrant, Ela wasn't far off from being a criminal either, considering how some Wahis treated wanderers.

"I make it known that I stray clear of lies, so truthfully, the opportunity intrigues me. But I don't abide cruelty - I've seen what some of your ilk do and it is nothing but hedonistic violence. That doesn't intrigue me. It bores me - and it disgusts me." Her eyes were locked straight onto the Dasaka's, and she'd made sure every single word was crystal clear. "Are you different, Lady Fursic?"

Edited by Johnny Blocksville
  • Like 1

IC:

"There's no profit in unnecessary violence." Kiyaku met the Lesterin's eyes without flinching. Her characterization of the Fursic's profession wasn't totally without merit. Pirates cared little for targets that might fight back. She had taken a few herself that couldn't offer much resistance. But her directives were political. What her Toroshu deemed a target, she took care of. There were different options now. "But sometimes dead sailors tell no tales. Their rulers sent them to sail and to guard the same ships my clan dictated I rob. Hedonism requires enjoyment, and I neither enjoyed nor regretted when death was necessary. It's a task like any other."

"My clan is gone, and good riddance. They sullied our name before I was born. The Umbraline, too, irritate me. Their certainty. Their self-righteousness. They aren't my problem anymore, either. For the first time I truly am beholden to no one." Something in the Menti's eyes flashed, an energy and ambition behind the words. "Order is shattered. My Honor is no longer tied to traitors. What I have is Power. Power to forge my own rule, my own Order."

"I act for myself, and by extension for my crew. They kept their faith with me when no Honor required it. I lead them across the ocean, I brought them here, and I will bring them with me to the restoration of everything that we have lost and more. I will carve out my niche here. Anyone in my way is an enemy to deal with, however I must." She held her hands out to the side, palm up, in expression— and in a strange sort of challenge. "I am what I am. Neither cruel nor kind, but dedicated to the pursuit of my aims."

"You told me the Skakdi fight for no reason, squabble and kill only because they can. That seems as stupid to me as it does to you. The world has gone mad. The Dashi here say this is familiar, that what I saw on my homeland is how they have lived for generations. Your home sounds no different. In these strange times I have no problem doing what I must for myself, and for my crew."

Her voice lowered, and she rested her hands lightly on her hips.

"You seem to me a warrior without a home, without allies, without a cause. Aboard my ship you could find them all. Or at least have a roof over your head and money in your pocket while you search for your own purpose."

@Johnny Blocksville

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

She couldn't help but be compelled. She was clearly an experienced talker, and the Lesterin could understand why her crew were loyal to her. The picture she'd painted was one that excited her, despite (or perhaps because) of the uncertainty of the end destination. She hadn't experienced serving someone else formally before - but perhaps that wasn't what Kiyaku had offered. This was simply a new path, and by the sounds, one worth following. Perhaps helping to build Lady Fursic's dreams would be what ignited that ever important fire for her. 

At the very least, it would be the beginning of an important friendship.

And so, after she'd finished, Ela slowly drew her longsword, her long body sinking to one knee as she drove her blade into the ground in front of them both, eyes facing down in turn.

"Then, my Lady...perhaps I and my blade may help you carve out that niche you seek."

• Like 1

IC:

"No need for any 'my Lady's, unless you wish." The Dasaka laughed softly, extending a hand to help Ela back to her feet. "Any nobility owed to me burned with my home. I've been called a great many things, you may find which you prefer. But you, and your blade, are most welcome aboard the Shinushya, Ela Latos."

"Shall we get you introduced?"

@Johnny Blocksville

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 2 months later...

IC: -Somewhere near the Mangaia -

He groaned as his eyes struggled to open, the first thing he noticed was that it was dark. The only source of light was a small fire. As his senses returned to him he realized he was in some kind of cave, he could hear the crackling of the fire, along with quant humming nearby. 

The source of the humming was a large, armored Toa, a Toa of Stone probably, who seemed to be cooking something. "Hey, you're finally awake." Despite how friendly his voice was, the man felt himself shiver, something wasn't quite right.

"Where...am I? Who are you?" He tried to move, but found his arms and legs were very heavy. To his alarm, he found his limbs completely incased in stone. "What is this?!" 

The Toa of Stone poured the contents of his pot into a bowl before turning to look at the man. The the man's horror the Toa of stone was clearly wearing an infected Pakari. "You must be hungry, say 'ah'." The Toa attempted to feed the man. 

"I don't want your f-hrmmph!" Despite his protests the Toa forced the spoon into his mouth, to his surprise the soup actually tasted pretty good, excellent even. 

The Toa smiled before sitting back, looking at the man. "I'm sure you're wondering why you're here, Xxeth Daring. Though it shouldn't come as a surprise no? Abandoning our brothers and sisters in Ko-koro? Well that's just plain naughty." He said in a scolding tone, like a parent to a child. 

Xxeth's mind race, how could he get out of this!? All he wanted was to go live a quiet life of peace, somewhere where no one remembered him. He was done with this life! "I never promised undying loyalty, I was a mercenary, nothing more."

The man laughed. "It is fortunate it was I who found you, Xxeth. Most of my comrades would have slaughtered you where you stood! Now, to business..." He took a spoonful of his own soup. "You maybe believe you may come and go in the service of the Lord Makuta, but that is not how this works. Once you're in his service, that is where you shall remain till your dying breath. There is no choice in this."

Xxeth gritted his teeth. "Then, why am I still alive, huh? Just get it over with and kill me." Something wasn't adding up here.

He smiled a smile most unpleasant. "Now you're asking the right questions. Why would I leave a worthless traitor like you alive? Perhaps to lure a certain Skyra Daring and her friends? Who knows really?"

"You've got to be kidding." Xxeth couldn't believe what he was hearing, would he ever escape Skyra's shadow? Why couldn't he just be left alone? "Sorry to disappoint you, whatever your name is. But my brother doesn't want anything to do with me, and the feeling is mut-" The prophet of makuta suddenly tightened the stone bindings around Xxeth's limbs, causing the Toa of Air to cry out in pain. 

"You really shouldn't misgender people, it's very rude." He scolded. "Regardless, like so many you simply don't understand how 'heroes' work do you? True champions of Mata Nui will help anyone in need, even their enemies under the right circumstances."

Xxeth wasn't sure what to make of this guy, he wasn't like most members of the brotherhood that he'd met. "Who the #### are you?" 

"Why I'm Drakkar Brack, prophet of Makuta." He smiled. "You should rejoice, Xxeth. This is your chance at redemption, if all goes well you may escape with more than just your life, just maybe."

"How do you know my br-sister and her friends will come for me? They could just as easily suspect this is a trap." Xxeth refused to believe Skyra and her friends would bother on someone like him, it wasn't like he deserved their help, or even wanted it. 

"Hmmm...call it intuition, I suppose. Though there is one way to really make it convincing..." Drakkar stood up, brandishing a knife as he approached. "I'll just have to send them something that will confirm that you are indeed, in serious trouble..." One of Xxeth's hands was freed from the rock, but his arm still remained pinned down. He struggled in vain as Drakkar got closer. 

The harrowing screams that followed echoed throughout the cavern.

OOC: Feel free to come say hi! But only if you're an evil piece of ####. 

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

On 10/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, Johnny Blocksville said:

"Yes. Let's."

She took Kiyaku's hand, rising up to her full height again.

IC:

"They may be back at the dock by now, or we may have to wait a time." Kiyaku tilted her head slightly, as if listening to something only she could hear, before she began walking. "We'll get you introduced, then we'll sail for Ga-Koro. I'm given to understand that is the place for any naval supplies."

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On 1/29/2023 at 8:16 AM, Snelly said:

IC: -Somewhere near the Mangaia -

He groaned as his eyes struggled to open, the first thing he noticed was that it was dark. The only source of light was a small fire. As his senses returned to him he realized he was in some kind of cave, he could hear the crackling of the fire, along with quant humming nearby. 

The source of the humming was a large, armored Toa, a Toa of Stone probably, who seemed to be cooking something. "Hey, you're finally awake." Despite how friendly his voice was, the man felt himself shiver, something wasn't quite right.

"Where...am I? Who are you?" He tried to move, but found his arms and legs were very heavy. To his alarm, he found his limbs completely incased in stone. "What is this?!" 

The Toa of Stone poured the contents of his pot into a bowl before turning to look at the man. The the man's horror the Toa of stone was clearly wearing an infected Pakari. "You must be hungry, say 'ah'." The Toa attempted to feed the man. 

"I don't want your f-hrmmph!" Despite his protests the Toa forced the spoon into his mouth, to his surprise the soup actually tasted pretty good, excellent even. 

The Toa smiled before sitting back, looking at the man. "I'm sure you're wondering why you're here, Xxeth Daring. Though it shouldn't come as a surprise no? Abandoning our brothers and sisters in Ko-koro? Well that's just plain naughty." He said in a scolding tone, like a parent to a child. 

Xxeth's mind race, how could he get out of this!? All he wanted was to go live a quiet life of peace, somewhere where no one remembered him. He was done with this life! "I never promised undying loyalty, I was a mercenary, nothing more."

The man laughed. "It is fortunate it was I who found you, Xxeth. Most of my comrades would have slaughtered you where you stood! Now, to business..." He took a spoonful of his own soup. "You maybe believe you may come and go in the service of the Lord Makuta, but that is not how this works. Once you're in his service, that is where you shall remain till your dying breath. There is no choice in this."

Xxeth gritted his teeth. "Then, why am I still alive, huh? Just get it over with and kill me." Something wasn't adding up here.

He smiled a smile most unpleasant. "Now you're asking the right questions. Why would I leave a worthless traitor like you alive? Perhaps to lure a certain Skyra Daring and her friends? Who knows really?"

"You've got to be kidding." Xxeth couldn't believe what he was hearing, would he ever escape Skyra's shadow? Why couldn't he just be left alone? "Sorry to disappoint you, whatever your name is. But my brother doesn't want anything to do with me, and the feeling is mut-" The prophet of makuta suddenly tightened the stone bindings around Xxeth's limbs, causing the Toa of Air to cry out in pain. 

"You really shouldn't misgender people, it's very rude." He scolded. "Regardless, like so many you simply don't understand how 'heroes' work do you? True champions of Mata Nui will help anyone in need, even their enemies under the right circumstances."

Xxeth wasn't sure what to make of this guy, he wasn't like most members of the brotherhood that he'd met. "Who the #### are you?" 

"Why I'm Drakkar Brack, prophet of Makuta." He smiled. "You should rejoice, Xxeth. This is your chance at redemption, if all goes well you may escape with more than just your life, just maybe."

"How do you know my br-sister and her friends will come for me? They could just as easily suspect this is a trap." Xxeth refused to believe Skyra and her friends would bother on someone like him, it wasn't like he deserved their help, or even wanted it. 

"Hmmm...call it intuition, I suppose. Though there is one way to really make it convincing..." Drakkar stood up, brandishing a knife as he approached. "I'll just have to send them something that will confirm that you are indeed, in serious trouble..." One of Xxeth's hands was freed from the rock, but his arm still remained pinned down. He struggled in vain as Drakkar got closer. 

The harrowing screams that followed echoed throughout the cavern.

OOC: Feel free to come say hi! But only if you're an evil piece of ####. 

OOC: Finally! An invitation to put Ushadra to use!

IC: Ushadra

The priestess of Makuta could hear the screams long before she arrived, bearing the next week's supplies. Well, that explained why she had been sent on an errand. Dealing with traitors was best left to Brack alone. Not wishing to distract her brother from his task, she cloaked her footsteps in silence, and took her time finishing her task before dropping by.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Zelvin from Ko-Wahi

IC: Zelvin (Mangaia)

It was with a not insignificant sense of foreboding that Zelvin started walking the trek down into the underworld that rested like a pulsating wound beneath the island's monument to its deity. She supposed there was some poetry in that, some indication of the general state of things on the island in general. Darkness hiding under one's very feet or behind the friendly face of another, or in the cockels of one's own heart. Why did those who deserved no such torment, suffer it again and again.

Zelvin had long since given up trying to create some cogent statement about the hows and whys of this conundrum. It simply was and she had to be satisfied with that. It was funny how things kept turning out like that when the will of Great Spirits had to be accounted for. The only honest answer was not to be found in bound books of scripture or in the traditions passed down by Turaga and their acolytes. A great story could make anything seem like the truth, and it could inspire as well as twist and cheapen something that was, at the end of the day, beyond mortal comprehension.

But, "I don't know" was an unattractive answer. It satisfied nothing, and even now the Kru-Toa had it on her mind as she walked the long cavern tunnels of this dark place, her senses all peeled for the slightest hint of danger. She did not have true light in her heart, she knew that, but was that enough to go unnoticed in shadows such as these?

The howls of anguish that flared to life from further into these dark depths were both a surprise and thoroughly unsurprising. Where else would that sort of people congregate but here?

After a moment's hesitation, she went in that direction.

OOC: @Snelly @ARROW404

Edited by Geardirector
  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

On 2/6/2023 at 8:56 PM, Geardirector said:

The howls of anguish that flared to life from further into these dark depths were both a surprise and thoroughly unsurprising. Where else would that sort of people congregate but here?

After a moment's hesitation, she went in that direction.

IC: Ushadra - Mangaia

The sound of footsteps caught the sensitive ears of the Toa of Sonics, even amid the sound of screams. Who could that be? Cloaked in silence, she cast an illusion of pure blackness over herself that blended perfectly into the shadows of the tunnels, and stole out to see for herself. Finding the individual was a trivial matter to one with her sensitivity to sound, and once near enough, she approached to get a closer look, at just such a distance she could make details out from. A Toa, not infected- and more surprisingly, not currently being impaled by a Rahkshi. She would not underestimate this one. She also appeared to be wearing a Ruru, a smart choice for these dark tunnels. Ushadra's disguise as a black smear would not hold up any closer.

She considered with the moment she had, how best to proceed. Intimidation with a Rahkshi illusion? Call actual Rahkshi to kill or infect her? Or perhaps subterfuge?

She smiled. She loved subterfuge.

"Who's there?" came a hoarse, scared whisper from ahead of the Toa, where a form appeared to be sitting, curled up.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Zelvin stopped, straining her eyes to glare at the black smear that stood ahead of her, beyond her ability to make out anything distinct about.

It was in places like this that she prized the versatility of her mask the most. Sensory Aptitude applied to all senses and where her eyes were useless, smell and touch and hearing were all practiced tools for picking up the slack. The Toa of Crystal had thought about creating for herself a lightstone but decided against it. Down here it would have been practically useless.

The fact that someone had spoken put Zelvin at ease. In places like this, there were far nastier things to worry about running across than someone else with the command over normal speech and possibly sinister intent. She was used to dealing with those.

"A seeker" she answered.

OOC: @ARROW404

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Drakkar Brack - Cave near Mangaia -

Drakkar hummed to himself as he cleaned his knife with a rag and a bucket of water. Xxeth had since gone silent, unconscious from the pain. Drakkar had made sure to cauterized and bandage his wound, it would do no good for Xxeth to die just yet, he still had a purpose to serve. His severed hand was close to the fire, slowly being dried out and cauterized as well.

Drakkar suddenly smiled as he sensed not one, but two approaching his cave. He was very in tune with his element of stone, and could feel their footsteps through the rock of the cavern, no matter how quiet they may or may not have been. Of course he had no way of knowing who they were exactly but he was fairly certain of the identity of at least one of them.

"Come my friends, sit by the fire if you wish...excuse the mess, I'm cleaning up as we speak." He said in reference to the hand and all the blood, he didn't bother turning around to look for them as he simply continued to clean the knife.

OOC: @Geardirector @ARROW404

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 2:50 PM, Geardirector said:

"A seeker" she answered.

@Snelly OoC: This is happening a ways down the tunnel, far enough the fire would be well out of sight. I'll go ahead and assume we can still hear him though.

The black smear gave way to features the longer the Toa of Crystal looked at it. It appeared to belong to a Matoran, either Po or Onu judging by the black and tan armor. Female, judging by the voice. "S-seeker?" she repeated. "What is-"

Drakkar's voice drifted down the hall, and the figure flinched. Behind the illusion, Ushradra frowned in annoyance. She wanted to play around a bit first... But she quickly changed tack, as she was forced to. The figure looked toward the source of the voice, then back at the approaching Toa with an expression of confusion and concern.

OoC: So, Ushradra is projecting the illusion a few paces from where she is actually standing, and making it sound like her voice is coming from it. Depending on her sense of smell, Zelvin may or may not pick up on this when she gets closer. Up to you.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Zelvin just regarded the Matoran standing ahead of her with an icy, cold look across her features. She was in no mood to be toyed with, and even in a place like this, she was conceited enough to make that come across by her demeanor.

She held her Toa Tool in her hand, its impact with the stone floor echoing as she took a few steps with it as a walking stick in the direction of the voice that was coming from further in, in roughly the same direction as the harrowing screams she had heard before, she noted.

She cast a glance at the Matoran ahead of her, seemingly lost by the way they were expressing themselves.

"Well? Are we going to keep our prospective host waiting?"

OOC: @ARROW404@Snelly

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

On 1/29/2023 at 9:28 PM, Krayzikk said:

IC:

"They may be back at the dock by now, or we may have to wait a time." Kiyaku tilted her head slightly, as if listening to something only she could hear, before she began walking. "We'll get you introduced, then we'll sail for Ga-Koro. I'm given to understand that is the place for any naval supplies."

IC: Ela Latos - En route to the ship

"Either suits me just fine." The Lesterin rolled her shoulders, seemingly still recovering from the exertion prior. She paused for but a moment.

"Your crew...how are their attitudes to outsiders?"

5 minutes ago, Morgan Yu said:

"Either suits me just fine." The Lesterin rolled her shoulders, seemingly still recovering from the exertion prior. She paused for but a moment.

"Your crew...how are their attitudes to outsiders?"

IC:

"That's a fair question." Kiyaku's footsteps slowed a minute while she considered. "In truth, there isn't truly such thing where they are from. Other clans, perhaps, but no true outsiders. If you were a Skakdi I might expect some tension. As it is I think they may merely be curious."

"If someone causes trouble, I will address it." The Menti smiled faintly. "Not that I expect you will need the help."

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I suppose it's more of a question of permission to remind them of your approval. Should the need arise." She smirked. "But I shalt not undermine your command."

She did ponder what Kiyaku had said - were there truly no outsiders in her homeland? She could only assume that Kiyaku's belief in her was enough for the others to follow suit. She didn't intend a show of skill to try and win their approval, too.

"...The alcohol, back in your homeland. How is it?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 8:23 PM, Geardirector said:

"Well? Are we going to keep our prospective host waiting?"

OOC: @ARROW404@Snelly

The illusory Matoran gave an uncertain nod, but made no attempt to get closer, pressing herself further against the wall and gesturing with a subtle nod for the seeker to take the lead.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Zelvin (Mangaia)

"Much obliged" Zelvin answered, keeping her mask primed as she walked to pass the Matoran. She wasn't convinced that this Matoran was who she appeared to be, she had appeared from behind dark, impenetrable shadows that had given Zelvin nothing to go on before the Matoran suddenly appeared, quite visible. No Matoran possessed such powers. She had her weapon present in her mind if it was needed, that would have to do as she approached the den further in where someone had invited them.

Here, in the sparse light of the fire her sight had enough to work with, and she saw the large Toa and his victim unconscious against the wall. Well, she knew who had been screaming earlier. Dead? No, just passed out from pain. Zelvin raised an eyebrow for just a moment, for her own benefit, and then she politely heeded Drakkar's invitation and sat down by the fire. Her scythe rested across her lep, most of her wrapped in her cloak as she ruffled it to sit down.

"Most kind" she remarked politely. Nothing was spared on the victim or the grim location.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 2 weeks later...

@Geardirector@Snelly

Ushadra followed, projecting her illusory image to her right, pressing against the wall and making "herself" as small as she could. The illusion peeked cautiously around the corner, then gasped at the gruesome sight shrinking back into the darkness. Ushadra mirrored the motions, then shaped the image with her mask's power, into the vulnerable and pitiful appearance of the Matoran.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

Drakkar put the knife into a sheathe on his belt before checking on his stew in the large pot just above the fire. He took a ladle and scooped it into the stew before pour it into a bowl for himself. "Help yourselves if you wish, there is plenty." He then sat down with his bowl, taking a spoon as he began to slowly consume his soup. 

"So, what brings you here to my humble abode?" He asked curiously as he paused his eating to speak. Despite the brutal actions he'd performed against Xxeth earlier, he was being quite polite and friendly to the two newcomers. Not the sort of behavior you'd usually expect from a Prophet of Makuta. "If it's spiritual advice you seek, I'm happy to help, regardless of any god or gods you may or may not follow."

He chucked, he was quite open minded for a servant of the Dark Lord, of course this was how he was able to sway many to the cause of his Lord. Mata Nui...Makuta, they were two sides of the same coin after all. It was all connected. 

OOC: @Geardirector @ARROW404

• Like 1

IC: Zelvin (Cave Near Mangaia)

Zelvin nodded gratefully and helped herself to Drakkar's offer of a warm meal. Hospitality of this sort was rarely something Zelvin declined, and that included from people of Drakkar's severe calibre. She wasn't really in much danger at this point, she felt, because if Drakkar was interested in discussing the beyond, she'd be happy to oblige. The suspicious Matoran was welcome to join in as well, she figured.

"Spiritual woes are indeed why I'm down here" Zelvin admitted, "I occasionally feel the urge to visit places of spiritual significance, and I'm not above including spots associated with the Dark one in that category"

She'd had a visit to the Ta-Kini some time ago, and now she was slumming it in the tunnels underneath the Great Temple, either seemed to her like they were perfectly legitimate.

"I hold out hope I might get the benefit of some favor rubbing off on me by conducting a pilgrimage now and then"

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The illusion of the Matoran clung back at the edge of the light, just outside the door, a foot and her shoulder the only parts visible from beside the fire. Ushadra, herself, stood on the other side of the door, however, peeking in, hidden in her illusion. She was somehow both intrigued and disappointed. So the Toa wasn't the heroic anti-Makuta type. That took some wind out of her sails- those ones were fun to play with. But someone this flavor of "open-minded" was bound to be interesting either way.

She said nothing, just listening.

@Geardirector@Snelly

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

• 4 months later...

Drakkar smiles. "You have a much more open mind than most. Tell me, what spiritual woes plague you?" While his question was to Zelvin, it could be answered by Ushadra as well, if she so choose to.  Drakkar didn't pick favorites for such matters, he would help all who asked for it.

After all, the more he could enlighten, the better.

OOC: @Geardirector @ARROW404 apologies  for the long wait