BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

IC: Oceanna Gallywix - Onu-koro -

"I'm Oceanna Gallywix, guitarist." It was true, Oceanna was most certainly not the noble paragon type. She had experienced what it was like being broke and homeless before, so she was not afraid to accept rewards when offered, it caused her no shame. 

What was a shame was how being a guitarist didn't pay very well. 

@ARROW404

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 8:37 PM, Perp said:

IC: Gorro - Onu-Koro, The Unfortunate Fikou

Deathly still, remained the youthful Toa of Crystal, his face a pallid bust of contorted lines arranged into a visage of pure terror. Truly the trembling affliction which had so plagued him previously was progressed to such a gross degree that it was replaced entirely with the morbid placidity of a corpse. His wide-eyed glare bore into the stone flooring and watched the mild patterns shift and twist in the motion of waves stretched across the surface of seas. When he finally found his voice, it was but a whisper:

“I have seen it...” The other two beings swiveled their heads to look upon Gorro, though he did not meet their gaze. “I h-have seen that… monolith… in my dreams. Dark and towering and awesome and terrible! I could- I could not look at it for long before it started to- to speak to me… to whisper in my mind…”

Clapping his hands up to his temples, the iridescence of his slender digits paled as if they were mere bones, he snapped his eyes shut. The world was beset by darkness, though the watery patterns remained visible on the back of his eyelids. His hands squeezed vice-like upon his head, as if to dispel the entoptic illusions by pressure alone.

“Must we t-travel there…?” he murmured.

IC: Montague (The Unfortunate Fikou)

"What other way is there to solve this? This is both mystery and affliction. I- I know that you, too, must have felt the draw, the pull." Montague's tone was grave, now, the matter clearly one of the utmost seriousness to them. "It is curiosity. Curiosity is what brought you to my door, just as curiosity is what drove me to plan this expedition. I doubt we three alone have shared these dreams; our experiences are not unique, and even my own sister shows the signs. Loathe as we may be to admit it, we are not special. We were not chosen. We chose ourselves.

"Why is it our dreams that turn more terrible with each passing night? Why is every person on Mata Nui who has drowned and lived to tell the tale not speaking of this? It is because, whether it be out of fear or apathy, they do not want to know. But we three, we need to know. That is why we remember our dreams, why we obsess over them, why we swim deeper into the abyss each night; we will not be satisfied, we will not be free, until our curiosity is sated... For better, or for worse."

OOC: @Perp @Nato G

Edited by Goose
  • Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Savis - The Unfortunate Fikou

"He's right," they said softly. "I've been... lost for a long time. Stranded on this island, with no memory of where I came from or how I got here. But like many of my people, I've recently begun to remember... in fragments... except for this." They extended a wavering finger towards the spot on the map where Montague had scrawled his circle. "I experienced something that day in the water. We all did. Something that won't let go." 

It was the missing piece to their puzzle, an empty void in their memory that refused to be filled. 

What had they glimpsed in the depths that day? 

Why did it haunt their dreams?

"I need to understand it."

@Perp @Goose

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A turbulent silence befell the three gathered beings for a mere moment, permeating their conscious minds as each comprehended their present circumstances in ways unique to each individual. Having no access to the light behind the eyes of Savis and Montague, Gorro solemnly enclosed himself within the prison of his own mind, walls of bone and protodermis enclosing the flesh and containing his very being.

The sole portal to the world outside those curved walls, the eyes upon which the crags of stone floor were presently imaged, saw now with a new purpose. A glaze of equal parts determination, fear and longing cascaded over them, diffused through them, and infected- nay, galvanized the mind to which they interpreted existence. And so, that determination formed a new foundation upon which the young Toa began to build.

“So,” he began at last, his voice croaking from a throat dry with anticipation, “when do we depart?”

OOC: @Goose @Nato G

• Like 3

IC - Onu-Wahi:

In the bad old days, the tunnels of Onu-Koro had to be heavily patrolled and lit to keep the darkness of Makuta at bay. Even then, it was ill advised to travel the winding paths alone, after all, the dark was dangerous, and deep within the earth it was ever present. Anything could be lurking in the shadows back then.

These days of course, things were far less turbulent. The main highways were easily some of the safest roads one could take on the island, and even the side tunnels that led to various homesteads and underground lakes were relatively free of dangerous Rahi. Attacks did still happen from time to time, be it a particularly bold or desperate Rahi, or even the odd highwayman, but by and large, Onu-Wahi was a safe place to travel.

So the soft patter of thin sandals on earth did not overmuch bother one Tonk the miner as he made his way home in the dark with nothing more than a pick over his shoulder and a light stone attached to his mask. His pockets jangled with the day's pay. It had been a good day, a fresh vein of iron had been discovered, and everyone had worked hard to get that ore.

Up ahead, he began to see the source of the footsteps, a Toa, from the look of it. Tall and white, with bits of blue on him. Maybe one of those Ice Toa. It seemed a little strange that he didn't have a light stone, but Think supposed you never knew what kind of crazy mask powers those Toa had. Could be something to let him see in the dark for all he knew. He was a miner, not a mask maker, or a soldier.

He did notice something...very wrong, however. The Toa's right arm. It looked sickly. Tonk frowned and stepped forward a little faster, intending to ask the Toa if he needed help, but the question died in his mouth as he got a truly good look at it.

It wasn't sickly, it was bare. Almost no flesh remained on it, exposing much of the protodermic skeleton to the world. The Toa seemed not to be bothered at all, and Tonk against his better judgement spoke up.

"I don' mean to pry, Mister, but're you alright? Yer arm seems a lil... Sickly."

The Toa stopped and gazed at the Matoran with cold blue eyes that sent a shiver down his spine and made him absolutely sure that this Toa was indeed of Ice.

The Toa raised the arm and splayed the skeletal fingers slightly.

"Fear not, little one, this is simply the price I paid for a gift." His voice was smooth and low, and would have been pleasant were it not for the smile on his face that was not matched by his eyes. Eyes that kept that same cold stare.

"Here. I'll show you."

The Toa moved suddenly in a blur of motion, and a horrible chill found it's way into Tonk's stomach. The Toa knelt before him now. And he was holding something in his left hand. Tonk slowly gazed down and went pale as he saw what he held.

A veritable spear of cold, black obsidian had been driven through his midsection. He opened his mouth to shout for help, but the Toa clamped that horrible skeletal hand over his mouth.

"Shhhhhhhhh. Return now to Nothing, and be at peace."

The Toa held his gaze as his arm sent a pulse of some strange energy into him. And as he began to disintigrate from the face outward, his last thoughts were of the home he would never return to.

Cyrek stood, absorbing the obsidian spike as he plucked the pouch of widgets from the doomed matoran. The Disintigration reached the light stone on his mask and soon enough, the tunnel was plunged into darkness once again.

The Cy-Toa activated his own mask, stealing the energy from the corpse as it continued to be reduced to nothing but dust, no trace to be left behind as Cyrek continued down the tunnel, the soft patter of thin sandals now joined by a faint jingle of widgets in the darkness.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 7:25 PM, Emzee said:

Ra’lhen blinked a few times and realized the Ga-Toa had vanished. As if shaken from spell, Ra’lhen began to look around him.

Where’d Stannis go?

IC Stannis "the Drunken Guardian" Maru | Onu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

Where is Stannis? was a question people asked for as long as there was such a being as the Wanderer, though it was probably the first time it was asked by a friend in the lull after a night of cajoled drunken tomfoolery in a tavern. Stannis was understood to be a chaste warrior, educated in manners and reserved in socialization, so few people had the opportunity or proximity to see him drown his feelings with drink. It shouldn't have come across as too much of a stretch, however, the more someone thought about it—he was a former soldier who led a rough-and-tumble life, spoke freely of his use of smoke, could talk in all manners of vice with others afflicted with addiction, and came across as something of a loner, so why wouldn't he actually be the exact sort of person who could lean into a keg and drink it dry in a night? He proved that was the case the night before, where a simple dinner and drink after a long journey on ussalback had become something more cathartic than healthful.

However, in contrast to that eagerness to ply himself with ale, Stannis was middling in biological state and not as used to blitzed shenanigans as, say, when he was a guardsman. In a corner booth, drapery shut against the glow of the lightstone streetlamp, Stannis was curled in the curvature of the bench with a tablecloth that smelled like hops pulled tightly like a blanket against his chest. He mumbled disquietly as he roused from his shallow, restless sleep, clearly already suffering the consequences of his actions.  "Ronkshou, the [unintellible]... lo... Brykon killed [gibberish].  where are you, Ra... lhen..."

Suddenly he bolted to an upright seated position, the tablecloth falling haphazardly to the side to reveal the near-sacred bundle of weaponry clutched close to him as well. "It's okay!" he suddenly declared to an audience of none, "Don't worry about the vomit, my armor is waterproof!" He blinked the stupor from his eyes and matted the world back into focus, and the restaurant went back and forth from blurry to clear a few times. Each time, he noticed more of his surroundings, until finally he took note of his companion at another table on the far end of the tavern across from him. "Ra!" he called out cheerily and immediately regretted the shrill noise. His head ached, and as he scooted awkwardly out of the booth's creaky bench he only felt the pain worsen. Empty flagons and mugs of ales and lagers of various types scuttled to the floor if they weren't there already, perhaps the result of a barstaff realizing that reclaiming the vessels from the protective Maru was a near-pointless effort. 

With a fumbling gait he tried to make his way to his friend, but instead only stumbled a few steps before stopping halfway and settling down again at the same table they'd been at when the night started. He looked at Ra'lhen, slivers of bloodshot trickling at the corners of his otherwise grey eyes, and mournfully hoped that the kitchen served breakfast as well, before suddenly realizing suddenly he had no way to tell the time underground and desperately hoped it was morning in the first place. 

Stannis Maru, the Wanderer, the Granite Guardian, was hopelessly, arduously hungover. "F———," he murmured.

@Emzee

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa
  • Like 3

IC: Ra’lhen the Sozzled SentinelOnu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

Auughgghh kill me…

Ra’lhen winced at the loud sound that roughly sounded like his name. His head rested on top of his arms as he rested on a table near the tavern wall. While the muted illumination that came with being underground helped a bit with the Vo-Toa’s sensitive vision, every single noise felt like a hammer to the head with no way of shielding himself. Instinctively, he looked up to see a tall figure stumbling towards him.

“Stan?” Ra’lhen mumbled half-coherently. With all the effort he could muster, he raised his head and ever-so-slowly began to stand up.

We never made it to rooms did we? Ra’lhen thought. Indeed, the answer was self-evident: the tavern was empty save for the two of them and some staff. He looked across from him to see Stannis sitting quite miserably at the very table that were in last night. He was slowly making his way over there when he heard some quick-paced footsteps. Outside the tavern, the clean-looking Ga-Toa who flirted with Ra’lhen last night was briskly leaving the inn. Possibly sensing the pair of eyes on her, she turned to look at Ra’lhen, her expression changing from neutral to shocked once she realized who she was looking at and his current state. Ra’lhen looked down at his chest armor to see he had also looked like he was dragged through the mud — with a respectable amount of vomit all things considered.

The Ga-Toa sped up her pace, an embarrassed and understandably disgusted expression on her face. She nearly leapt onto the first Ussal that slowed down, barely breaking her stride and riding as fast towards the southern highway as the crab’s legs could take her.

“Yeah… that’s understandable,” Ra’lhen murmured. He sighed. The Sentinel had generally been consigned to patrolling Ostia and given his spiky woeful reputation with his “fellow” guard mates, Ra’lhen rarely got to go out drinking. Even the Ostian bartenders would sometimes give him trouble if he wasn’t there on duty. His protection, they would accept. His friendship was always another story. He was woefully out of practice for having a night on the town, and this morning showed that.

Listless and loopy, Ra’lhen ambled clumsily towards the bar, the Onu-Koronan attendant clearly dreading the approach.

“Excuse me. Could me and my friend over there get a couple large waters and some breakfast menus?”

“You know,” Ra’lhen drawled as their food was being carried over. He was already on his third water. “At least the sun’s not making things worse down here. I’ll give this wild town credit for that”.

His meal consisted of a double order of large Toa-serving waffles, Mahi sausage, and a heaping serving of Husi eggs over-hard, with bowl of fresh fruit supposedly grown from the one of the underground gardens in the Onu-Wahi caves. It was his go-to for situations like this. He wondered if Stannis also had a dependable meal for mornings like this.

That’s when, randomly, the fraction of thought spliced into many colliding thoughts gave way to a question Ra’lhen decided to ask then and there.

“Weren’t we supposed to meet someone?”

By the Great Spirit, the Vo-Toa’s head was so poisoned from the night before that he had forgotten why they even came to Onu-Koro in the first place.

OOC: @Umbraline Yumiwa

• Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Gonrae - Some joint nice enough to have a patio, but not much nicer than that.

Gonrae had wondered, when he had first arrived, why any restaurant in Onu-Koro would have a patio. Was the distinction between inside a room and inside a much larger room really so much to make it a selling point? More likely, he supposed, it was started by some deluded expat who thought that people would be taken by the novelty. Gonrae’s heart went out to them, whoever they were; the restaurant was completely empty.

He had decided to stay for a while. And stay he had, as a waiter who seemed to consider it quite an imposition wandered out, through sipping the entire volume of a bad drink, and finally as he was left entirely alone. He looked out upon the busy street beside, but his eyes were all but unseeing.

It felt appropriate that he be alone. To be sure, the Onu-Koronan engineers he had met with had not been rude. Nor had they been as welcoming as he might have hoped. Despite increased technological cooperation, it had still not been so long since Nuparu’s isolationist tendencies were made manifest in the hermetically sealed iStone. Those attitudes persisted. Though much was now shared, it was well-known among engineers of the other Koros that much still remained hidden.

Gonrae himself wasn’t helping that situation, of course. Perhaps he could have done something to foster an arrangement like that between Onu-Koro and Po-Koro, or at least the beginnings of it. Instead he was whiling away the hours. Boredom made him inattentive to the world around, including the time. Keen interest did much the same for him, for that matter.

These things on his mind, he yawned. His expression resolved to a scowl that he was too unaware to alter.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by oncertainty

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Akie - Arriving in Onu-Koro

Well, here she was.

Wherever the heck here was.

She'd been walking for several days, by this point, and Akie still felt like she was none the wiser as to where she'd ended up. She'd simply washed up in a tiny boat on a deserted patch of beach, with no clear memory of what had happened and, moreover, no clue where she was. She'd never seen the shores of this island before, she could confidently say that much; but she hadn't been able to see any other island or boat on the horizon from which she might have come. It was weird... and the young Toa had quickly decided better than to dwell on it. Whatever may have happened...

Well, it was in the past. It... probably? ...didn't matter that much.

So she'd picked herself up, dusted herself down, and started walking across an ever-varied landscape. Before long, she'd found a tunnel leading down into the ground; something that, under normal circumstances, she'd avoid on the grounds of feeling like she was intruding where she shouldn't. But circumstances were anything but normal, and this tunnel had been well signposted with the name "Onu-Koro"... which made it clear, at least to her, that there was some kind of important town / city / other settlement on the other end of the tunnel; and that, therefore, bore investigating if she wanted to encounter, you know, people on this island.

Would they be Matoran? Who knew at this point.

But right now, Akie was just, well... lonely. Lonely and lost. She'd take any companionship, no matter what form it took.

In due course, the passage she'd been doggedly following had opened out into a cavernous underground city. Lightstones illuminated highways through what looked to her like some kind of intricate maze of buildings; and the Toa followed one of them, mouth agape behind her Huna. It was, she felt though couldn't remember for sure, so much vaster than any town she'd seen before. She'd kind of expected her passage to emerge on the other side of the mountain before she found a settlement of any kind, not to discover a thriving city beneath the very earth.

...Oh, right. Onu-Koro; roughly meaning 'Earth City'. That name... made sense, if you took it literally enough.

There were many beings on the road, Matoran and others, and Akie hesitated to disturb someone who was clearly very focused on their own business. Instead, as she dodged through the crowd with natural grace, she cast around for someone who looked less busy; and her gaze landed on the green-armoured Matoran sitting outside what looked like some kind of restaurant. He, certainly, didn't seem busy... and while his scowl didn't make him look exactly welcoming, she'd already committed to her course of action.

"Hey, hey."

Waving a black-armoured hand idly, trying to look as though she belonged here just as much as anyone else, the girl Toa approached his table. She probably didn't want to come off as a complete stranger, she figured. Being clueless wasn't exactly a crime, but would still likely do her no favours. Best to just... pretend like she was up to speed on where she was and what was happening, and figure out the details based on context as she went. That would be fine, surely.

"Not waiting for someone, are you? I was just kinda looking for someone to enjoy this glorious Onu-Koro weather with--"

WHAT WEATHER, WE'RE IN A CAVE???

"But I'd hate to butt in if you were expecting someone else."

OOC: Approaching Gonrae (@oncertainty) for interaction, if that's okay? ^^

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Gonrae - Onu-Koro

On 7/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

"Hey, hey."

Gonrae cast his gaze upward. The greeting had come from a black-armoured Toa. Short for a Toa at that, but still well above his seated eyeline. He blinked and fumbled for his lenses for a moment, but she continued to approach. Blast, he had misplaced his lenses somewhere.

"Not waiting for someone, are you? I was just kinda looking for someone to enjoy this glorious Onu-Koro weather with--"

Oh, he hadn't lost them at all. They were only on the table! He palmed the lenses and then shoved them in a pocket; she was close enough that it didn't matter anyway. Who was this person anyway? He raised one eyebrow and took a quick breath in, blinked and looked her up and down. Toa with black armour, not exactly out of place here. But he hadn't been planning to meet with any Toa. Who was she anyway? Great spirit, was she Ussalry? Had he violated some kind of municipal statute against sitting alone on patios? Perhaps against inordinate frowning? 

"But I'd hate to butt in if you were expecting someone else."

And then he sighed. Took a deep breath in, and rubbed the back of his neck. She was acting awfully familiar, sure, but long experience had told him that was more likely his impropriety than hers. He could have had a passably long association with this person all within a period of some great focus on work, and not be able to recall any of it at all. He wouldn't put it past himself. And either way, it wasn't like he could be choosy about his friends right now. His expression softened.

"No, be my guest, take a seat. I am truly not waiting for anyone." He motioned with an open hand to the chair beside him.

"I would call you a waiter, but I haven't seen one in half an hour at least. It wouldn't do much good anyway. I don't want to be rude, but the food here isn't much to write home about."

Then he sat back in his chair, put both hands flat on the table, and looked at her again. Nope. Nothing. He could not remember where he had met this person. Best to bite the bullet then. No sense in prolonging his humiliation.

"I'm really sorry, I feel rather foolish about it, but Toa-hero—" A nervous smile came to his face unbidden, "—for the life of me, I cannot remember where we've met before."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi it is absolutely ok!

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 1

Oh... oh dear, whoops. Looked like she'd done a little too good a job of pretending that she belonged here. Beneath her mask, Akie flushed, her cheeks colouring red.

Still, he had invited her to sit, so she abruptly did so - albeit with a distinctly embarrassed air.

"No... no, we haven't met. I've actually only just arrived in town. It's been a bit lonely travelling, so I was looking for company, but I... I really don't know anyone here. And I guess I just saw you sitting alone, and figured maybe you'd like some company too..."

Her fingers played over the silken fabric of her purple scarf, aware that she was being weird. She'd been trying to appear like she fit in and belonged, had clearly immediately screwed that up by getting too friendly with a stranger; and her babbling was absolutely not helping matters. She wasn't usually such an awkward girl; but the fact of the matter was, having had no company since arriving on the island had been driving her a little bit crazy, and she had leapt at the chance to remedy that.

"I'm Akie-- Toa Akie, I mean."

Even if she didn't remember much of anything about her past, she certainly remembered that she was not yet used to the title of 'hero'; it sat uncomfortably upon her shoulders.

"I'm sorry. I do hope I'm not being weird."

@oncertainty

• Like 2

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 11:46 AM, Emzee said:

IC: Ra’lhen the Sozzled SentinelOnu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

“You know,” Ra’lhen drawled as their food was being carried over. He was already on his third water. “At least the sun’s not making things worse down here. I’ll give this wild town credit for that”.

His meal consisted of a double order of large Toa-serving waffles, Mahi sausage, and a heaping serving of Husi eggs over-hard, with bowl of fresh fruit supposedly grown from the one of the underground gardens in the Onu-Wahi caves. It was his go-to for situations like this. He wondered if Stannis also had a dependable meal for mornings like this.

That’s when, randomly, the fraction of thought spliced into many colliding thoughts gave way to a question Ra’lhen decided to ask then and there.

“Weren’t we supposed to meet someone?”

By the Great Spirit, the Vo-Toa’s head was so poisoned from the night before that he had forgotten why they even came to Onu-Koro in the first place.

IC Stannis | Onu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

"Contrary to popular beliefs, water doesn't do any good once you already have the hangover," Stannis said, his voice a hoarse croak that straddled the delicate balance between too quiet to hear and too loud to bear. "It's not a cure. See, the body needs hydration all the time, not just when you're in the middle of a hangover, and your headache is from a lack of other nutrients besides water. That's why it's best to drink a class of water as you imbibe, as a hangover preventative. Only fools and amateurs don't know to plan for their debouchery."

Had Reordin or Oreius been there they would have looked the Wanderer in the eyes and tell him with complete earnestness to "shut the f— up, man, you're turning this into a migraine, but for whatever reason Ra'lhen didn't quip like that. The absense of a retort allowed Stannis the opportunity to slice a wry smirk and crack a quip. "And I was certainly a fool."

The mirth vanished immediately as he coughed in full-throated agony, keeling over to the side in his chair and hacking like his lungs would spill out, and when he recovered a moment later his eyes were fringed with crimson. He was about to answer Ra's question when his breakfast request of biscuits and gravy with sunny-side eggs had arrived, and he nodded in thanks, then attempted to soothe his headache by rubbing his fingertips on his temples underneath his Hiripaki. 

"Yes, my brother Sulov," Stannis finally said. "After this meal we'll get freshened up and cross paths with him.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

"Yes, my brother Sulov," Stannis finally said. "After this meal we'll get freshened up and cross paths with him.

IC: Ra’lhen — Onu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

Thanks dad — I had no idea, Ra’lhen thought contemptuously.

With the extreme dehydration, along with the disorientation of being in another city, it should not have been surprising to the Toa of Lightning that he was moving and thinking much more slowly than usual. But it was. And Ra’lhen found it difficult to form complete sentences out loud. The harsh truth was that Stannis was right, even if he was just as hungover (or more so) than the Sentinel. He wondered when was the last time the Granite Guardian had gone a such a bender. Regardless, at least it was a night to remember.

As soon as Ra’lhen could remember what actually happened.

Nothing would ever cure the day’s discomfort, but it would be wholly inaccurate to claim that the breakfast, juice, and waters did not help at least some. Ra’lhen could feel some of his energy returning as he finished the last of his meal. For the rest, he would keep up appearances. His days long ago with the Toa Kodin had been wild on some occasions, especially with uproarious men like Makua and Tailua in his team. Some days they would push Ra’lhen too far, and he’d wake up in a similar state like this. Every time, Ra’lhen would appear more on top of his game than Makua and Tailua — two cadets who ironically put great stock in appearances. Ra’lhen pretended that he was once again leading a team of Toa, and that he was about to deliver important news to someone. It fit, in a way — he was representing the Sentinels. How poor it would look to give the Onu-Koronans a negative view of their discipline.

Speaking of which, he’d need to be clean before even considering meeting the famed Toa Maru of Earth. There was already so much working against Ra’lhen, between the hangover and the meeting of yet another man who had every reason to hold a grudge against him because of The Other Guy’s crimes. However, Ra’lhen had repeatedly been surprised at the grace of the Maru. He feared no reprisal from Sulov… so long as Ra’lhen looked respectable.

Slowly, Ra’lhen stood up from the table. His balance is one of many things that would take more time to recover.

“Meet you back down at the entrance within the hour?” Ra’lhen asked.

IC Stannis | Onu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

"I'll be there," said Stannis. He looked out the porthole of a window at the city that never slept. Time meant very little here where the sun didn't shine and every hour was both all hours and no hour at all, a quirk that meant people toiled and slept and drank at any point and breakfast was served always. Stannis didn't know when it was anymore, either, no more than an evergreen tree knows what season it stood in. He and Ra'lhen had left Po-Koro at late morning, and the trek into Onu-Wahi would have taken several hours at the least, not even counting the breaks they'd taken, but he'd lost track of things after entering the depths and was completely disoriented now. Only the weariness in his bones gave any indication of time, and with the hangover convoluting things further he was even more lost.

Later, after a stretch of time he'd measured by the number of big sighs he breathed, Stannis got up, collected his few possessions, and casually walked to the inn's entrance without so much as a wet towel to wash his face. Sulov had seen him look worse, like when they'd been washed in Rahkshi innards or marched through sloughs. Sulov would greet him how he was. 

Ra'lhen hadn't returned from their room yet, so Stannis sat down with crossed legs outside the inn's entrance and meditated while he waited for his companion. 

• Like 1

Gonrae peered across the table as his unexpected dinner companion took a seat. Whatever it was that was going on, she was acting as if she were equally as in the dark as he felt. She seemed nervous, blushing and fidgeting; he had felt awkward, but a case of mistaken identity really wasn’t worth so much worry as all that. Either very lonely, or very new to this, he supposed. But then again, perhaps she really was very new to this. She said that she didn’t really know anyone here. Maybe he had to broaden his scope of where ‘here’ could be.

Gonrae gave his best attempt at a warm and avuncular smile.

"No need to apologize, it seems I presumed too much of both you and myself. You'll have to forgive me that, I hedged my bets too early."

He chuckled and then leaned forward, resting his chin on his clasped hands and his elbows on the table.

"I certainly would appreciate some company, clearly I am far too quick to look a gift Ussal in the mouth. I don’t really know anyone in Onu-Koro either, and it’s nice to have a friendly face around. Especially after the reception I’ve had."

He gave a small sigh, evidencing nothing more serious than boredom. 

"But really, the less said about my problems the better. I hope my saying this doesn’t trouble you, but you’re a wash-up, aren’t you? And a relatively recent arrival at that?"

It was hard to know what else to say in this situation. They didn’t make a ‘Welcome to Mata Nui, sorry about the amnesia, we really still don’t know if it will ever go away’ greeting card.

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

Ra'lhen hadn't returned from their room yet, so Stannis sat down with crossed legs outside the inn's entrance and meditated while he waited for his companion. 

IC: Ra’lhen — Onu-Koro, the Mudpool Inn, A Pool™️ Resort

The Toa nodded with approval at his thorough and sometimes frantic handiwork on his armor. After moments of denying it, Ra’lhen had to make the humbling admission: he was nervous. Despite the identity he had during the time of the Wanderers Company, he current and true identity still held a deep admiration for all of the Toa Maru. They were successors to the First Toa, and while Stannis seemed at least fairly grounded once you got to know him, Ra’lhen did not know the others well enough shed his Sentinel identity.

Ra’lhen worked so hard that the armor looked almost as good as it did even he received it… yesterday?

Time seems to be moving at the speed of a wedged boulder, or maybe this is a lot more adventuring than I'm used to, thought Ra’lhen

Now looking almost completely fresh (but feeling the exact opposite), Ra'lhen made his way downstairs. Stannis was already there. Ra'lhen hoped he hadn't kept the Granite Guardian waiting for too long.

On 6/7/2022 at 3:24 AM, Perp said:

“So,” he began at last, his voice croaking from a throat dry with anticipation, “when do we depart?”

IC: Montague

And that, my dear sister, was that; preparations were underway at once, as I called in every favour and spent every widget I had (and a fair few more), all in service of our great expedition. Perhaps if I knew then the fate that awaited us all, I would have exerted more caution, rather than diving quite so recklessly into the murky depths of which I dreamt… or perhaps I am simply lying to myself. Perhaps there was no dissuading me from this course.

Perhaps, dearest Rhodes, all of this was simply inevitable.

But my tragic tale is not yet complete. Rather than bore you with the details of the legwork that followed, I will (for once) get straight to the point:

After days of planning and dreadful anticipation, we three trailblazers stood upon the sands of that Onu-Wahi shore, preparing to board the boat that I had rented…

OOC: @Nato @Perp sincerest apologies for the wait

Edited by Goose
  • Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Savis – Onu-Wahi

It had been a long time since Savis had set foot on a boat.

Not since that night. The night the sea had swallowed their ship. The night their crew had been dragged to the depths. The night they’d nearly drowned. The night that they relived in every Dream.

The languid lapping of the waves on the earth shoreline should have been a comforting sound to the former sailor. The waves were a companion almost as constant as their own shadow, one whose gentle song had lulled them to sleep on countless voyages. But now the soft sloshing of water was accompanied by screams that only Savis could hear. The final cries of the friends they’d failed to save. The shrill shrieks of the creature that had killed them. The wordless whispers of whatever awaited beneath the waves.

They took a half-step towards the boat, then wavered, swiftly steadying themself and hoping no one had noticed.

It’s just a boat.

It’s just the water.

It’s just… waiting… below.

Rational thoughts held little power over the fear that was faltering them. Rationality had been banished the instant they’d started believing the Dreams were more than dreams.

I came this far. 

I can't stop now.

I need to understand.

Try as they might, they couldn't bring their feet to budge a step further. They were unable to triumph over their trepidation, and so they glanced to their companions, silently hoping one of them could help dispel the dread by taking that first step aboard the boat.

@Perp @Goose

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Oh... well, that's okay, then."

Her smile, even behind her mask, made the young Toa's relief quite obvious, despite her attempt to play it off casually. She might well have fumbled the first impression embarrassingly, but with no harm done greater than a temporary misunderstanding easily cleared up... well, frankly, it could have gone a lot worse.

That he seemed friendlier than the initial scowl he'd been wearing would have suggested was certainly helping to put her more at ease, too.

As he spoke, she thought to ask about the (presumably poor) reception he'd alluded to having; but at the same time, the way he hurried on the conversation was enough to suggest to Akie that he didn't want to talk about it. Or at least, not to a complete stranger... which was absolutely valid. She was, after all, a newcomer not only to the city but to the island as a whole; so even if he had elaborated, she most likely would have had no frame of reference on which to base anything he said.

Speaking of...

"Oh, ah, it's that obvious?"

She chuckled lightly, making clear that she wasn't bothered by the observation. Surprised? Sure... but if his words were any indication, her situation was a fairly common one. Whatever this island was, it was clearly some kind of hub for those lost at sea; so it was probably more than just random chance that had beached her on these shores.

"That's right, yeah. I washed up here... maybe a week ago?" She scratched her head slightly. Her sense of time was still a bit messed up after whatever she'd been through, so she may have been a few days off, one way or the other. She couldn't really have said. "So, yeah, this is probably going to sound the dumbest of dumb questions, but... could you tell me what island this is?"

And then, because her curiosity couldn't resist asking:

"And, ah... does this happen often here...?"

@oncertainty

ooc: Sorry for the delayed reply! I'm a bit of a slow writer generally, and I've had a lot of things on my mind distracting me recently ^^;

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Gorro - Onu-Wahi Shore

Gray permeated all facets of the world inside of Gorro’s youthful psyche, perhaps influenced by the same gradient of gray that dominated the world outside the mind, or perhaps it was the other way around. Whichever was correct, featureless, invisibly roiling gray stretched out for countless fathoms in thick walls of force and impressioned will. The exterior landscape consisted of a dome of thick fog, impenetrable and dense the further one peered into it, oppressing feature and beauty in equal measure in a visual entropy punctuated only by the black, foul ghosts of formless shapes at the edge of this wall, only resolving themselves into the realm of the mundane as one dared to close the distance. Each instance had resulted in a swarthy outcropping of dark gray rock jutting up from the pale sands below his feet, though Gorro could not account for those fluttering shadows which seemed to retreat from the edge of the fog even as the trio grew closer.

Within his skull, the landscape was similar. Homogeneity of feeling permeated every firing synapse. At once he felt terrified, elated, frustrated, depressed… in days previous these emotions roiled and swirled in cyclonic fashion, sweeping him along within the gale, extracting a toll from him as he transitioned from one to another in rapid succession. Now, as one swirls together two elements to form a blend of another, utterly without feature, the same had occurred with the swirling tempest of those emotions. Contrast between these opposing emotions resulted in the elimination of both, nullifying their effects in cosmic annihilation. To feel all was to feel nothing. Gray, in all regards.

Base instinct governed his movements, presently. To be told where they were going and when was all that would register within his conscious and stay there for a time, unaffected and etched into the slab of gray without sublimating into nothingness for a long while. It was a simple command that appealed to the animal nature of his unconscious – when he needed to travel, he was a hypnotised individual, completely mechanical in motion, face blank as if the muscles did not function. Before long, the ragged boat of old, gray wood – the one that would deliver them to their destinies – lay before him, its bow gently plowed into the phantasmal white sand, colourless black waves lapping at its stern.

He stepped aboard.

OOC: @Goose @Nato G

• Like 1

"Hm. Well, I couldn't tell you if it's obvious to anyone else. I just had a hunch based on your demeanor and the things you were saying. More importantly, I had a hunch that you wouldn't be too bothered by my saying."

He spoke without much thought, prescribed utterances buying him time to think. The Toa's first question had sent him elsewhere. He saw the island as if he were very high up above it. He was dimly aware that it wasn't the real thing, given that he had never actually gotten to fly. What he saw instead was laid out in two-dimensional projection, surely a map he had seen once. After a moment it grew topographical; he charted the places he had seen and estimated their elevation. Disregarding those colourless and formless areas of his vision which represented those parts of the island he had never visited, he brought forth vegetation and erected buildings and peopled the island. Rahi walked and climbed and flew and trundled in the wild places, and the Matoran worked in their villages and towns. Day turned to night and night to day, the tides rose and fell. His gaze was an eye that sees but was not seen, and it rested only on beauty. It chased a school of Makuta Fish as they leapt upstream through the Hura-Mafa, grinning their rows of pointed teeth like they'd just got the best news of their lives. He watched the Iron Mahi pass, roaring like thunder, as it raced towards Ostia and the sea. He soared upwards along the face of Mount Ihu, crested the peak, and looked out across the island. Back where he started.

And then he was back in the two-bit joint in the city where they never saw the sky. It was a pretty picture, but somehow the visual imagination was inadequate to telling the newcomer about the island. He rubbed one eye. Of course, as he realized, in asking "what island this is?" she was probably just asking for the name. 

"Ah, well, you see this is the island that has the same name as the Great Spirit: Mata Nui. And yes, it happens often."

He nodded along with his own words.

"Or at least, it happens often enough that I'm not surprised at all, but not so often that I've spoken to someone who really did wash up before. You really don't remember anything, huh? But you still speak the same language as the rest of us, and you seem to know what a Toa is, and you must know who Mata Nui is? They say the Great Spirit is what brings you here. You and people like you, I mean."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi no worries at all!

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Nuparu (Akiri's Office)

Nuparu remained silent for a while, partially because he didn't quite know what he was going to say, and Nuparu was always at his worst when he didn't have the answer.

His hands found something to hold on to, and he opened his iStone to seemingly spend a few moments actually taking notes. It wasn't much of a surprise, perhaps. Having a lot to think about was something Nuparu was getting increasingly used to. At last, he spoke up:

"For your negligence and absence, Tarnok, you are to report to Onepu for return to duty immediately. Leli, you too. The best way to make up for your, uhm, insubordination is to get back to work"

OOC: @Krayzikk @sunflower

IC: Ferron (Papa-Nihu Reef)

"Well, there's always going to be a degree of your own particulars involved in something like this," Ferron answered, giving the Toa a nod as he folded his hands. "I can't tell you the way you get there is wrong, as long as you do it"

"But yes, let's begin. We'll close our eyes, and breathe..."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: has it already been 10 months? dang time flies

IC: Oliphko (Papa-Nihu Reef)

Oliphko mimicked Ferron and folded her hands. Then she closed her eyes, breathed, and relaxed her body.

She began to meditate the same way she always had, focusing on her own thoughts. Yet as Ferron had suggested, she also tried feeling her element around her. And in a way, she could feel the stone, the ancient minerals that had been shaped over a long time by the water. Stone appeared rigid and hard, but she knew well how it could be molded with elemental power. Suddenly, stone and water did not feel so different after all. Both were malleable natural elements that interacted with each other. The dampness of the cave and the sound of the waves outside no longer bothered her; rather, they helped her concentrate deeper.

OOC: @Geardirector

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Akie - Onu-Koro Restaurant

Her head tilted a little, processing his initial words. He'd just had a hunch... well, then. Honestly, even if he'd said otherwise and she had been completely blatantly obvious, Akie wouldn't have been too surprised. Embarrassed, sure, if it had really looked like she was fumbling her way around like a total stranger, but not at all surprised since that was, in all honesty, exactly what she was doing.

It seemed to take a few moments for her following question to receive an answer. Akie watched her companion closely, not quite sure if he was pondering her question, or was simply spacing out. Not quite bold enough to ask, she fidgeted ever so slightly with her scarf, just a couple of fingers playing lightly over the place where it settled at her throat.

Whichever it had been, he was apparently back a moment later, so she decided not to comment, and instead addressed his response.

"Oh, well, I sort of..."

It wasn't that she didn't remember anything as in anything... or at least, Akie didn't think it quite was. While she was certainly having trouble placing details of, for example, where she'd grown up as a Matoran, who she'd known, how she'd become a Toa... she was, at least, quite certain that those things had happened - and not only because she could deduce them based on her current state. No, there was definitely a certainty there in her mind... just... no specifics.

Except for a flash of more-recent-than-she-cared-to-admit memory of a Skakdi pirate flag rippling in the ocean breeze... a memory that she still couldn't place a context for, but then nonetheless sent a coil of dread winding through her guts.

WELL whatever it was, it couldn't have been important, right?! Deliberately not dwelling, she struck up a chipper, carefree tone.

"It's a bit weird, isn't it? But I don't feel like I'm missing a whole lot. No... no point living in the past after all!"

That didn't sound forced. She hoped.

Even so, she dialled back down to a more normal level of casualness.

"I still seem to have my learned skills and knowledge; just not my personal history. I guess I'll see if I get used to it or not. As for Mata Nui..."

Well, that gave her a little pause. Akie believed in the Great Spirit on a distant level, of course, but that didn't leave her entirely sure whether her companion was being quite literal or not. Maybe the sentiment of him guiding them all here was just metaphorical; if it wasn't, then she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it.

"Nice name for an island, anyway. I guess if there's some purpose behind me being here, that'll only become clear in time. Best thing I can do is just roll with it for now, right?"

@oncertainty

• Like 2

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry,I got caught up with other things and this character completely slipped my mind.

IC: Savis – Onu-Wahi

Compared to the whispers of the water and whistle of the wind, Gorro’s footsteps were a soft, small sound. But to Savis those furtive footfalls were like crashing waves, a steady, certain sound that shattered the spell that kept their own feet planted in the sand.

Savis didn’t know their companions very well; all any of them had in common was the strange circumstances they’d all endured, and the dark waters of which they all dreamed. But whatever emotions Gorro was grappling with within, it wasn’t showing on the outside. There was no sign on his face of the fear that had faltered Savis, of the doubts and despair that dragged at their own spirit like a rusted anchor.

Savis took a tentative step forward.

Then another.

And another.

Soft sand gave way to weathered wood as the last ledge of land was left behind.

Eyes downcast, Savis quietly shuffled over to the side of the boat, their hands tightening around the railing like clutching claws. It had been a long time since they’d set out to sea, and this time felt very different. The last time they’d left on a voyage, they’d been a captain, calm and in control, confident in their command over the water and waves.

Now they knew the horrifying, humbling truth.

They were entirely at the mercy of the waters, and whatever awaited below them.

@Perp @Goose

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"... Yes, sir." Tarnok said slowly, favoring Leli with a look much too angry to direct at a superior officer. For a second rank didn't matter; it was just the dirty look of someone to their best friend when they'd been thrown under the cart. Or stopped from doing the same, in this case. She knew what he was doing, and why. And he knew what she was doing. And why. "At once."

But the Akiri had undercut them both, and mixed with his relief was an irrational irritation. He braced to attention and stepped out of the room, followed probably in short order by Leli and Kellin, and let a sigh escape when the door shut behind them.

"You know that wasn't strictly true. Leli."

@sunflower@Geardirector

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

On 9/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

"Nice name for an island, anyway. I guess if there's some purpose behind me being here, that'll only become clear in time. Best thing I can do is just roll with it for now, right?"

She sounded unbothered, and her smile seemed consistent with that.

It was hard to imagine though, for Gonrae who had known relative continuity of memory for his whole life, to have a great open gulf on one end. Sure, very old memories lacked a certain detail compared to recent ones, but it was a different thing entirely. Gonrae's memories formed a coherent flow, building one upon another, constituting who and what he was. What would it be like to not be able to trace aspects of yourself back to their origins, given a certain amount of reflection. It was a thought both tantalizing and disturbing.

"It is a nice name for an island, I suppose. Although given that it's the only one we've got, I also have no real point of comparison. The Dasaka came from somewhere of course, but I haven't even seen one of them yet. I don't make it out to the coast much. Hm, I have always thought it would be pleasant to see the Naho Falls."

He cocked his head askew to one side.

"But I talk overlong about myself. I would say you're right, for what little my opinion is worth. If I take your attitude correctly, you've decided to make the most of things. I do wonder, though, what it is you plan to do next? Do you hope to travel, to learn more about the island? One ought to have a goal, I should think. The way to stay standing in a great wind is to not to be still, but to keep moving."

The last part trailed off into a chuckle.

"Ah, look at me. Now I've gone and borrowed a proverb. A thing like that."

He smiled bashfully at his companion.

• 3 weeks later...

@Palm @Void Emissary

IC: Onepu - Ussalry HQ

Onepu had left dealing with the two rogues to the desk jockey members of the Ussalry for a while. They were kept securely, but their claims to be working for Ta-Koro (or at least with Ta-Koro) had earned them nicer lodgings than the standard jail cell. Plus, they were cooperative, which had earned them some downtime now and then- albeit under heavy watch. Still, neither left the HQ building for about four days as a messenger first had to be sent to Ta for confirmation, then gather information, then return with the corroborating testimonies.

Finally, first thing in the morning on the fifth day, Onepu showed up at their cell and stepped inside. A Toa of Magnetism and a Toa of Earth waited outside the door, for security. "Alright, well, I've got everything I need to let you two go," he said with a sigh that sounded a mix of apologetic and disappointed. "Officially, you two can walk out of here free right now. Your things have been put in a bin in the entry area, waiting for you to go claim them, as soon as you show them this," he said, loosely holding out a document with his signature on the bottom.

He wasn't finished, though. "Unofficially," he continued, "I'd hate for this to be the end of it. Mainly, I'd just like to be in on this. Going after the Turaga's killers is personal for me. And lots of others, I suppose." He placed his hands on his hips. His stature prevented him from physically imposing himself on them, but his gaze was firm, backed by his authority, but also bearing the frank expression of a man with an interest in their success. "In a word, I want to help."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Nika | Ussalry HQ

"Difficult job," Nika said, clenching and unclenching his remaining hand -- for the crabs had taken his prosthetic when they discovered the talons built into it -- as he stood to look down at the little captain. "Whoever could kill six Turaga in one coordinated attack has impossible resources. Mangaia Pact required infernal intervention simply to succeed in siege on single city. Probability of death beyond high. Likely have only survived this long due to extenuating circumstances distracting quarry: ee-gee, rise and fall of quote-unquote Mangaia Pact, death of Echelon, rumoured return of... you know."

Nika crossed his arms, glancing over to Pae, then to the two Toa standing outside their cell, and then back down to the captain.

"Rougher crowd than usual cultists and cut-throats, Captain," he said.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Palm

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Pae - Onu-Koro - Ussalry HQ

Pae was quiet - as usual. It wasn't an easy gig, dealing with all this. It had begun to seem as though he, Nika, and Jin were given an impossible task. They'd been chasing the wind for far too long. Maybe more help was needed. Maybe it should have been Angelus in Ta-Koro, but maybe it should be Onepu. He allowed himself a long breath in, "We have nothing to show. Few leads, nearly less facts." Maybe their focus shouldn't be on this at all. Maybe they'd be more effective putting their efforts elsewhere.

But in the back of his mind, Pae remembered what was promised if they succeeded, "If you think you could help, we can talk. No promises yet."

OOC: @ARROW404 @Void Emissary

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

On 11/10/2022 at 3:35 AM, Void Emissary said:

"Difficult job," Nika said, clenching and unclenching his remaining hand -- for the crabs had taken his prosthetic when they discovered the talons built into it -- as he stood to look down at the little captain. "Whoever could kill six Turaga in one coordinated attack has impossible resources. Mangaia Pact required infernal intervention simply to succeed in siege on single city. Probability of death beyond high. Likely have only survived this long due to extenuating circumstances distracting quarry: ee-gee, rise and fall of quote-unquote Mangaia Pact, death of Echelon, rumoured return of... you know."

Nika crossed his arms, glancing over to Pae, then to the two Toa standing outside their cell, and then back down to the captain.

"Rougher crowd than usual cultists and cut-throats, Captain," he said.

OOC: @ARROW404 @Palm

-Void

On 11/18/2022 at 7:54 PM, Palm said:

IC: Pae - Onu-Koro - Ussalry HQ

Pae was quiet - as usual. It wasn't an easy gig, dealing with all this. It had begun to seem as though he, Nika, and Jin were given an impossible task. They'd been chasing the wind for far too long. Maybe more help was needed. Maybe it should have been Angelus in Ta-Koro, but maybe it should be Onepu. He allowed himself a long breath in, "We have nothing to show. Few leads, nearly less facts." Maybe their focus shouldn't be on this at all. Maybe they'd be more effective putting their efforts elsewhere.

But in the back of his mind, Pae remembered what was promised if they succeeded, "If you think you could help, we can talk. No promises yet."

OOC: @ARROW404 @Void Emissary

IC: Onepu - Ussalry HQ

The commander cocked a brow at Nika's observation, glancing at Pae without turning his head as he added more, then looked back at the former. "I'm well aware this is no walk in the park. Each Koro in their own right has tried to solve this mystery, and each has failed, as far as I'm aware." He folded his arms. "But we were all operating in broad strokes, making clear moves. We were easy to elude- or at least easier than a few independent investigators." He shrugged one shoulder. "I'd like to think I can help. I've got resources at my disposal. The question is how I can help."

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Akie - Onu-Koro Restaurant

Dasaka? It was a word (a name? For a species, or maybe a group or organization?) that was unfamiliar, and Akie tilted her head slightly. Sounded like they were newcomers to the island, too, but that her companion knew little more of them than she did; so, having deduced that much, the girl didn't pursue the question.

Plenty of other questions to pursue, after all...

Like the one Gonrae had just raised. What did she plan to do next?

"Believe me, I'd love to have a goal. So far, it's only been to find other people and learn where I ended up... which I guess I've now accomplished."

She tapped the chin of her mask, pondering thoughtfully. Wandering around idly wasn't... really her style, even if it was in the name of learning more about the island; Akie knew, though she was kinda ashamed to admit it, that she didn't always have the best judgement of others... and without knowing what the current situation was, held a lingering fear that, if left to interpret it for herself, might be persuaded onto the wrong side of whatever things might be going on.

"I'd like to get myself active, for sure. No point to being a Toa if all I'm going to do is sit around. But I wouldn't know where to begin."

Actually, she supposed she knew right where to begin; because surely her companion wouldn't mind her asking a few more questions. Still, it was a little sheepishly that she asked.

"Do you... know anywhere on the island where someone like me might be needed?"

ooc: @oncertainty

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...

The Matoran's smile was genuine. It was nice to meet someone who wanted to help people. At the same time, if he had known something more valuable to do with his time he wouldn't still be here. Or anyone else's time, for that matter.

"I can't say I do, not just like that anyway. There are always people who need help, that's for sure. Finding them is the trouble."

He was lost in thought for a moment. He didn't much like to not give a substantive answer to a straight question.

"Some would say join the Ussalry, or the Gukko Force, or the Sentinels, or what have you. Every Koro has one, and they're always looking for another pair of hands. Don't get me wrong though, some would question how much help you can really get done doing that. I might even be one of them, on a more cynical day. And then of course, people like you sometimes get together and solve things more directly. The Maru and the Fowadi and all that business. Can't say someone like me knows much about how to get involved with that though."

Leaning back in his chair, he sighed and then continued.

"These days it seems like there's always some trouble on the horizon. Things seemed like they were getting better for a little while, and then worse again for a little while, and now it's all awfully hard to tell. I'm taking the long route around to say I don't know any one good answer. Wish I did."

Not being very useful, was he?

"I hope I haven't just made things more confusing. I'm liable to do that sort of thing, I believe."

Nika had never been one to trust a mask-wearer, and certainly not one who was a guard captain. But he trusted Pae, blast them both. So he would play ball with these crabs, for the time being.

"Spent last few months chasing down small-fry criminal elements," Nika said. "Likely that we've been thinking too micro -- need macro perspective. Turaga-killing wouldn't come cheap, which means employers were either wealthy, or anticipated wealth after assassination. Maybe you have records on most affluent members of island society? Look for viable suspects. Who stands to gain from Whenua's death?"

OOC: @Palm@ARROW404

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

8 hours ago, Void Emissary said:

Nika had never been one to trust a mask-wearer, and certainly not one who was a guard captain. But he trusted Pae, blast them both. So he would play ball with these crabs, for the time being.

"Spent last few months chasing down small-fry criminal elements," Nika said. "Likely that we've been thinking too micro -- need macro perspective. Turaga-killing wouldn't come cheap, which means employers were either wealthy, or anticipated wealth after assassination. Maybe you have records on most affluent members of island society? Look for viable suspects. Who stands to gain from Whenua's death?"

-Void

IC: Onepu

The description matched the one that many others had come up with during the investigations. And although Onepu was not an investigator, he thought he had pretty much narrowed it down to two possibilities that were fairly sound.

"Macro, island-wide," he echoed, lifting one finger. "Wealthy," he lifted a second. "Stand to gain," he raised a third. "Two organizations match that description better than anyone. The Cultured Gentry... Or Hewkii and his loyalists..." He folded his arms. "Hewkii is a bit of a nutty suggestion, I know, but the guy turned out to be a despot, and in the short term, definitely did gain from it. He's the less likely option by far though, and frustrating too, because if he did arrange for their deaths, he already got his comeuppance." He tapped his forearm idly. "Then there's the Gentry." He had already lowered his voice when he had mentioned their name, but did so further as he continued. "Personally, I'm all but convinced that at least some of their members were involved. But their pockets are deeper than the Great Mine. They think island-wide, far more than any Koro does, and as a result, they've got as much resources as any Akiri. And that's not saying anything about their connections, either. Anyone politically connected would have to have a death wish to go after them, and even when we've tried, they're always a step ahead."

He looked up at the two soon-to-be-freed prisoners. "That's my best bet, and my suggestion for your investigation. You should be able to find a list of known members at the time the Turaga were murdered fairly easily. Someone in Nuparu's cabinet ought to have the info. If not, Ko-Koro's Sanctum is probably your best bet."

Idly, he wondered where Tarnok had gotten off to... If he were around, he'd have proposed to send him with them. After he finished chewing him out for vanishing.

BZPRPG Profiles

On 5/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, ARROW404 said:

IC: Ussalry bunch

The Toa of Gravity smirked at her enthusiastic reply. In spite of her heroism, it seemed she wasn't the noble paragon type. "Give us a day to handle processing these... people, then swing by the Ussalry Headquarters, and we can figure out a payment for you. Oh, we'll need a name, of course."

On 5/6/2022 at 4:27 PM, Snelly said:

"I'm Oceanna Gallywix, guitarist." It was true, Oceanna was most certainly not the noble paragon type. She had experienced what it was like being broke and homeless before, so she was not afraid to accept rewards when offered, it caused her no shame. 

What was a shame was how being a guitarist didn't pay very well. 

@ARROW404

"So, do I need to sign something or...anything?" Oceanna wanted to be sure before she just took off, she wanted that dang reward. 

OOC: @ARROW404 It's been a while so I figured I'd get this going once again. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

• 5 weeks later...

"Cultured Gentry," Nika said, scratching his chin. "Heard of them in certain circles. Money like that only ever bought with blood; but Turaga blood? Why disrupt the status quo so drastically? Would only make sense if Turaga would oppose something important for them going forward. But what?"

He glanced to Pae, and added, "Perhaps Akiri here has past records from Whenua, evidence of negotiations gone wrong with Gentry."

He gave a pointed look over to Onepu, too; the two of them would require official recommendations for a meeting with Nuparu.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

On 9/23/2022 at 3:35 AM, Daniel the Finlander said:

OOC: has it already been 10 months? dang time flies

Oliphko mimicked Ferron and folded her hands. Then she closed her eyes, breathed, and relaxed her body.

She began to meditate the same way she always had, focusing on her own thoughts. Yet as Ferron had suggested, she also tried feeling her element around her. And in a way, she could feel the stone, the ancient minerals that had been shaped over a long time by the water. Stone appeared rigid and hard, but she knew well how it could be molded with elemental power. Suddenly, stone and water did not feel so different after all. Both were malleable natural elements that interacted with each other. The dampness of the cave and the sound of the waves outside no longer bothered her; rather, they helped her concentrate deeper.

IC: Ferron (Papa-Nihu Reef)

Ferron didn't have quite the same results as Oliphko during his own meditative session. He wasn't, personally, in much need to get back in touch with his element. But calm, a moment to focus and to clear the mind? That was very welcome.

There were those things that Ferron even now, at his age, had to work to hold on to. Such things were an endless process and you didn't ever stop learning to do so. Learning to find one's centre was something he couldn't quite live up to. There was a bit too much that hurt in his heart for that to be an entirely clean process. He'd learned to live with that some time ago by now.

When he opened his eyes, Oliphko remained absorbed. Ferron just sat quietly and waited.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She continued to meditate for a while longer until she, too, opened her glowing orange eyes. Ferron was seemingly no longer meditating either.

"Oh, how long have you been waiting? I... kind of lost track of time. It was a good meditation session, better than I expected!"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Ferron (Papa-Nihu Reef)

"Just a few moments" the Turaga answered, and stood up from where he had been sitting.

"I'm glad to hear it worked so well for you. Mind if I ask, did you try what I suggested? Did it work?"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...