BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Skyra Daring - Fowadi - Ostia -

I caught the bottle flawlessly as you'd expect. "Apparently I am. No ice." I popped open the bourbon and began to pour it into each of the glasses. 

"Those words didn't age as well as this bourbon." I commented as I listened to Dorian.

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Dorian shrugged, finally relinquishing the grip he'd been applying to the table (he'd left gouges in the wood) to hold his chin.

"I dunno about that. I'm still here, aren't I?"

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"A little dilution can bring out different flavours. It's why I've relaxed a lot on the neatness stricture myself over the years." I took a glass back from Skyra, taking a small sip of the bourbon.

Yes.

Absolutely worth holding onto all these years.

"Well, Dorian, I would've figured you'd also have been the 'I'll sleep when I'm dead' guy, but it looks like you've been getting less, if anything." Couched in humour though it may have been, I'd be amazed if he didn't pick up on the concern there. "Last I saw you was underwater at the temple, and now your eyes look like you've been to Karzahni and back. What's been happening with you?"

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

9 hours ago, Perp said:

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

At long last, he sat back and admired the horribly ugly half-completed Frankenstein's monster that was the patero launcher in front of him. He heard the lathe powering down behind him.

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

There's a lot to be said for the fact that I didn't have all that much to go on when it comes to what Jokaro was actually trying to achieve here, but that's par for the course in some ways. Far be it for me to suggest that it's unsuitable for a brilliant inventor to be a bit unclear when's he's got an idea just stuck in his head. The intrigue of what was going to be the end result of what I had gleamed from Jokaro's frustrated ramblings and blueprints gave me plenty of material to go on, but as the situation stood I had some actual work to do, thinking could come later.

I nonetheless used a few free moments to punch in a few personal notes of my own about the stuff I had just began to suss together. I'd have to return to them later.

The lathe powered down long after I had finished using it. I'd forgotten to turn it off. I could nonetheless present Jokaro with the modified barrel and a winning smile.

"Here you go, partner. It's my pleasure"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Kale Ironshaper - Ostia - Fowadi

The young toa looked upwards to where his now constant companion with obvious fondness. A soft smile settling across his face as he jiggled his head playfully. The small mask brought a feeling of levity and innocence to his life that he treasured. hopefully it was something she could retain through their time together. Whatever ended up happening he would have to make sure to teach her well. The world was a large and dangerous place after all. It needed all the hope it could get.

"I've heard stories of other sentient masks before but Luten here seems to be in a class of her own. Those other masks also seemed somewhat more...fleshy." As he continued speaking his steam of flowing metal formed into a disk and hovered over the veteran seawoman. "I found her perched on the back of a merchant's cart during my last trip back home. Couldn't just leave her so I decided to ask her to be my mask. Haven't regretted it since."

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Well," Rynekk said, clapping Kale on the shoulder, "glad the two of you found each other, then."

It was good to see Kale happy. The man had always struck him as a bit of the solitary type, forever tinkering away in the bowels of the Fowadi where the rest of the Aggressors were getting up to ... well, the kinds of things that the Aggressors seemed to specialize in, for better or worse. That solitude had made him solid, dependable -- and Rynekk had depended on him more than once. But no man is an island. He knew that well enough.

"I don't suppose I can leave the Sergeant in your hands, can I?" he said, glancing over at Ember with a wink. "Figure you can give her a proper tour of the ship, where's I would just lead her around in circles. I'll get Tekmo's recruitment under way, in the meantime. You good getting stuck with me there, Toa Tekmo?"

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

22 hours ago, Krayzikk said:

IC:

The De-Toa laughed, just a little.

"I'm not sure when you became the optimist between us, sir," Krayn said, taking a long drink from his glass. "But it seems deeply unnatural. That's probably the best segue I'll get. Between you and me, not to be repeated, how are you feeling about the new Akiri? I haven't been here long, not since Hewkii was in charge. And I have to tell you, seeing her continue his... voracious expansion doesn't fill me with confidence."

IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

"Not so sure about optimist, Krayn. Just feeling a lot more aware of our situation." Dehkaz paused for a moment before adding offhand, "Don't worry about "sir", either."

"As for the Akiri..." He took a drink, using the time to collect his thoughts, "Lichtgeist is a marked improvement over Hewkii, I don't know her well enough personally to comment on her character, but she's popular with the people and so far she hasn't raised any particularly telling red flags. I was weary at first, especially since she continued the same kind of expansion that Hewkii started, but as far as I can tell it's been in concert with the other Koros, rather than in spite of. She seems more focused on the unity of the Koros than Hewkii ever was, that much I can say."

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Hm." Alcohol swirled in his glass and he took another sip. "I always figured quitting would be the hardest decision of my career. Not deciding where to get back in. How about the Gu- the Sentinels' commander?"

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Tera?" Dehkaz sat back, nursing the drink. "She's got a good head on her shoulders and earned her spot. Loyal, dependable, I've had no issues working with her. She made it abundantly clear during the mess with Hewkii that she wasn't beholden to any particular figurehead of the village, that woman was ready to fight and die for Po-Koro during that initial wave of Rahkshi, and I have no reason to believe that she's changed since then."

"I trust her to do what's best for Po-Koro and it's people, that much I can say with confidence."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Luten - Fowadi - Ostia

She glowed bright blue with a smile, evidently very happy for the praise.

"This me you see here is a physical manifestation of my spirit, which is in this me!" Luten explained further, pointing first at herself perched atop Kale's head, and then at herself perched upon Kale's face.

"I was born when a lightning bolt from the Red Star struck this mask!" She finished.

• Like 3

IC: Ember - Ostia, deck of the Fowadi

She raised an eyebrow.

“Tae Red Starr ye say, lass? Hmm…”

Unlike Rynekk beside her, she couldn’t claim to have ever seen anything stranger than a living, sentient mask - but then again given all the strange things she had seen, it probably wasn’t that much of a stretch.

That said, if anything were to stretch the boundaries of her experience, it would be the Red Star. Reaching into her satchel, she pulled out her sextant.

“Ye know what this is, aye?” she said, addressing all around her. “Young’ins like ye pro’ly dinnae - feel free tae make an ol’ seadog feel better if ye do - anyway...  Is a sextant. Clever lit’l device made fer measurin’ angles ‘tween the horizon an’ stars fer navigatin'.”

Looking down, she thumbed over the engraved markings on the arc. It was the only thing she’d been able to save from the wreck of the Brined Anchor all those years ago… She raised her head to the gathered few and continued before she got too lost in the memory.

“Thing is, tae Red Starr ain one to be measurin’ with. Not ‘cause it moves unlike th’rest, mind ye - is path ‘cross tae sky is well-charted - but ‘cause is said tae be cursed, aye. Legends aplenty o’ ships that do, an’ get totally lost at sea, sometimes never returnin’. Others ‘bout freak storms seemingly brewin from nothin’, crimson lightnin’ shearin’ down tae th’ waters like Mata Nui chuckin’ spears at takea - and tae Starr a bloodlet eye, peerin’ down through th’ swirlin’ clouds…

“But those are jus’ legends, aye. No-one in my day measur’d by the Red Starr for fear of ‘em comin’ true regardless. I’ve met men that claim some’a those tales to be theirs, but…”

She trailed off, flipping the sextant over in her hands before looking up at the diminutive figure of Luten atop Kale’s head, giving her a warm smile. “But if yer a result of the Starr’s queer nature, Miz Luten, I’d like tae believe they are just tall tales.”

___ __ _

AH! Jokaro spun around in his chair, spooked at the sudden appearance of Farzan behind him. “Karz, don’t do that… wait, what is this?”

He eyed the peculiar metal tube in front of him, held aloft by Farzan, to whom he gave a suspicious, questioning look.

“Oh, right. The barrel.” He plucked the pipe - that’s honestly what it was at this point, anyway - from Farzan’s grasp, spinning back around as he got back to work attaching it.

“Well, it’s not going to fit too well into the mounting plate here, but…” he began muttering, speaking mostly to himself. “If I use this as a spacer - yes, that’ll work. We’ll have to machine some new grooves here, so we can install a breech cover that fits properly… but for now this piece of junk is just for testing purposes, I think. Nothing a bent piece of sheet metal and some clamps can’t fix. Hrng!

He struggled to twist the new barrel into its mounting plate all the way, but eventually it was secure enough for his liking. He looked to Farzan.

“We’ve got a testing area or firing range around here, right? You don’t just go shooting into the ceiling?”

A bit of dust from what looked to be a rather recent impact mark in the ceiling above them fell onto Jokaro’s shoulder.

Edited by Perp
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Perp said:

“We’ve got a testing area or firing range around here, right? You don’t just go shooting into the ceiling?”

A bit of dust from what looked to be a rather recent impact mark in the ceiling above them fell onto Jokaro’s shoulder.

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

Well that's just rude!" I remarked as I looked up at the ceiling from whence the dust had fallen.

"Oh, not you. The ceiling" I clarified, looking back at Jokaro, "or was it? Anyway..." I turned around without waiting for a response, and blew a sharp whistle. Kreff scuttled into view with expectant eye-stalks directed at me. The Ussal Crab seemed wound up himself, perhaps he understood what was in the making between us all.

"Come along, the shooting targets will be this way" I said, beginning to walk with Kreff ahead of  me.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

13 hours ago, Pteronura Brasiliensis said:

IC:

"Make sure not to overdo it, Skyra. Brain injuries and alcohol don't get along that well."

"It's fiiiiiiiine, I can hold my liquor." 

That couldn't have been farther from the truth, I took another sip.

• Like 2

IC:

Up to this point, Dorian had visibly started to relax a little bit in his own skin; still weary-looking and uncertain, his smile had nonetheless begun to glow with the energy he'd used to bring into rooms, however unpredictable that energy may have been. He'd even opened his mouth to launch into his story at Praggos' gentle prodding, but it hung open for a second, eyes glancing between him and the Toa of Air nursing the bottle. The fingers currently reaching for a cigarette had frozen, clutching at the pack.

His voice had grown quiet and strained, a telltale sign of the cocktail of emotions that had guided him for years like a missile.

"Brain injury?"

-Tyler

• Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

The smile that crossed his face as he looked up at the small person on top of his head was pure, undiluted, paternalistic pride. It was good seeing her getting along with everyone else. Especially if they were going to join the crew. Of course it wasn't decided that Ember was going to join the crew. That merely seemed like the way this day was going. Plus a veteran sailor would always be an asset on a ship like this.

He turned towards the stairs leading down below decks. Keeping his head still directed towards the older woman as he moved and started speaking.

"If you'll come with me I'll get us started on the tour while you two keep talking."

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I, meanwhile, had already swiped back the bottle and moved it somewhere that I could remain in full control of it. "Boards thrown by angry, Makuta-worshipping Toa have a habit of causing such, it seems. It's part of why I was making her wear earplugs earlier, and why I'm generally trying to get her to take things easier than she's ever done in the past."

• Like 1

profiles i guess

Ah that was right, Dorian wouldn't have known about what happened in Ko-koro, because he was...well wherever he had been at the time.

"It's not a big deal...I just get headaches here and there, it's whatever..." Alright, I knew it was pretty serious, but I didn't want Dorian to worry too much about it. It wasn't like I was going to let it stop me from doing what I could at any rate. "...probably get better eventually I'm sure." At least that's what I told myself. 

• Like 5

IC:

"Says a lot of good things about her." Krayn mused, looking thoughtful. Then he shrugged with a wry half smile. "Suppose if it turns out not to be the right fit I could resign again. Not like I've got much of a reputation to tarnish, now do I?"

He laughed.

"I'll see what I think of her when we stop by the Koro. The Akiri, too, if I get the chance."

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The toa of Magnetism nodded in agreement, though not necessarily to all of what Krayn had said.

"Don't sell yourself short Krayn," Dehkaz raised his glass, emptying what was left within it, "you saved a lot of good people in Ko-Koro. Guard or no Guard."

"We can get moving to Po-Koro as soon as you're ready. The Fowadi's still fitting out, we won't be sailing for another day or so."

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Well, as an expert in damaging people's brains, it doesn't usually work like that." His eyes darted from Skyra to Praggos, then back. "Do you want me to help you cut the line to see Cael? I'm not saying Praggos isn't a genius - a creepy, touchy genius - but Cael's a Toa of Water. And for my money there's no one better on the island at injuries below the surface. She'd see you in a heartbeat if I asked."

He cocked his head at the Toa of Air.

"People need you at a hundred percent, Sky."

-Tyler

• Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

I shuddered involuntarily at the mention of Cael connected to brain injuries. Not because she was poor at doing the work or anything of the sort, but...having a Mark messing with my head had been bad enough. Having another Mark grab me and Cael both and force all three of us into the same conjoined mind-space was not an experience I particularly wanted to repeat, even if it was impossible to repeat. "I don't want to sound like I'm talking myself up here," I started, holding up a hand, "But I don't know that she'll be of all that much more help here than me. When the both of us did our work on Utu's brain, that was deeper than either of us had ever delved before, and we had his Mark holding our hands the whole way through. They're...tricky, to say the absolute least. And it's not something either of us specialize in."

I turned back to Skyra, nodding at the glass in her hand. "That's a big part of why I've been getting on your case as much as I have to be careful and take care of yourself. I just don't know anything that can be guaranteed to help any more than time in this case. That said..." I turned back to Dorian. "As far as I've been told, our first run in this leaky tub is going to be over to Ga-Koro, and I was assuming that's where Cael's gone back to after we parted ways after we buried Utu. I was hoping I'd be able to take some time to find her and at least try with Skyra, and if you can make that happen even faster, it'd be appreciated. I just don't want any of us getting our hopes up too high."

Edited by Pteronura Brasiliensis
  • Like 2

profiles i guess

5 hours ago, sunflower said:

The toa of Magnetism nodded in agreement, though not necessarily to all of what Krayn had said.

"Don't sell yourself short Krayn," Dehkaz raised his glass, emptying what was left within it, "you saved a lot of good people in Ko-Koro. Guard or no Guard."

"We can get moving to Po-Koro as soon as you're ready. The Fowadi's still fitting out, we won't be sailing for another day or so."

IC:

"Well," Krayn knocked back the last of his drink and set the glass down on the desk. "We can get going, then. I should probably pick up a few things in the Koro anyway."

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Well when it comes to medical stuff, I trust Doctor Praggos here." When it came to anything else that was a different story. "Buuuuut, getting a second opinion wouldn't be a bad thing I suppose either." 

People need me at a hundred percent... If I was being honest, recently I had been wondering if people needed me at all really. Though hearing Dorian say it made it feel a bit more real. 

I downed the rest of my drink and set down the glass...carefully. As hot as my current body was...it really couldn't handle liquor at all.

"But yeah, I'll be careful. Don't worry about it." I picked up the bourbon and started to refill my glass, a little more wouldn't hurt. 

• Like 2

“Ah, I knew a lil lass like ye when I was a wee one…” 

Being drawn into another memory, Kale once again brought her back to earth.

"If you'll come with me I'll get us started on the tour while you two keep talking."

Now she was the one to turn pink. Well, not really, since she was already red, but she was excited to head belowdecks for the first time in years.

“Aye aye, right behind ye. Might I also inquire as tae yer rank ‘board the Fowadi, Toa Kale? Are ye also a vet’ran o’ the Guard?”

___ __ _

He brushed the dust from his shoulder, quickly bundling up his fallen pack and the ramshackle launcher sitting on the workbench.

“You had any bright ideas of your own for new technology in my absence, Farzan?”

• Like 1

IC Luten- Fowadi - Ostia

I'm gonna go see what Ms. Skyra and Mr. Praggos are doing, I wanna keep helping them with their shooting, Mr. Praggos is pretty silly, he forgot about the sights on the disc launcher!

She vanished with a chime, and reappeared atop the railing near where the two had been before. It seemed they'd gone elsewhere though, so Luten had to concentrate on the energies on the ship. She hadn't really gotten a feel for everyone yet, so she popped up in the wrong spot a couple of times before managing to appear near Skyra's drink.

"Are you guys still doing shooting pract- ooh! What are you drinking, is it tasty?!"

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 2

"Sounds good, let's get moving." Dehkaz stood with a nod, pushing the chair back under the desk as he did so. He recorked the bottle, placing it next to the partially dissected innards of a baton-like weapon that sat on the surface. Making his way to the door out of his cabin, he paused for a moment at the threshold to wait for Krayn before continuing to lead the way out of the aftcastle and towards the deck.

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

1 hour ago, Perp said:

“Ah, I knew a lil lass like ye when I was a wee one…” 

Being drawn into another memory, Kale once again brought her back to earth.

Now she was the one to turn pink. Well, not really, since she was already red, but she was excited to head belowdecks for the first time in years.

“Aye aye, right behind ye. Might I also inquire as tae yer rank ‘board the Fowadi, Toa Kale? Are ye also a vet’ran o’ the Guard?”

"I wouldn't exactly call myself a veteran of the Guard but I've seen my fair share of scrapes both before and after joining up."

He idly gestured towards the door and it opened itself at their approach. The motion was accompanied by a faint squeak that had the Fe-toa looking at the slightly rusty hinges in annoyance. Deciding to deal with it later he led the way into the bowls of the ship. Another hand gesture calling for the other toa to follow.

"I'm the first mate. Joined up as the quartermaster before our mission to save Turaga Onewa. We succeeded. I can't comment on his safety after he left our care. In any case, I was promoted because I stuck around and was the member of the team that everyone else actually listened to. They can be a rambunctious bunch sometimes and can take off like a wild mahi cart if someone doesn't keep an eye on them."

• Like 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Tirokk - Ostia, Fowadi

Having had his fill of fresh air and sun on his skin, Tirokk moved back below deck, making his way to the ship's gym which Kale had helpfully shown him on their earlier tour. Rolling outa mat, Tirokk started with some stretches to relieve the tension in his muscles, groaning as his body protested before relenting. He took a deep breath, exhaling out his mouth like a gentle sigh, before gracefully aligning himself into a cross-legged pose, his hands outstretched to rest on his knees with his palms up while he closed his eyes to meditate.

OOC: Open for interaction

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"Many, most of which simply cannot stand to attempt feeble existence in this mortal realm as mere shadows of themselves" I admitted. The perpetually active mind, in my case, was  often a fanciful one. It was high time I went back to the drawing board about why I hate the word "impossible"

"But, that's all in the future, and if I can gleam some inspiration from putting your undoubtedly stellar ideas into practice, then it's going to be a lively partnership going forward I'm sure."

"We all stand on the shoulders of giants. If one of us can do something great, then it's up to others to watch and learn from it"

Indeed, it's how I survived on my own for so long. 

OOC: @Perp

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Krayn followed wordlessly letting Dehkaz lead the way out of a ship whose layout he no longer knew. But a few moments into the journey he paused, holding up a hand for Dehkaz to do the same. He tilted his head, catching the barest snippets of conversation. He grimaced a little at how faint they were; ever since Ko-Koro he hated to allow his ears their proper sensitivity but in this case he saw little choice. Gradually, very gradually, he permitted the decibels that reached his ears to climb until he could hear more clearly. Then he blinked, and looked over his shoulder to Dehkaz.

"I think, sir, you've got an interesting guest." Gesturing for the captain to follow he turned down a different hallway, following his ear to the trio steadily working their way through a bottle and poked his head into the room.

"Well, that's not what I was expecting."

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dehkaz stopped as Krayn held up a hand, opening his mouth to air his question but stopping as he realized what the De-toa was doing. A moment past, and Dehkaz watched the expression on Krayn's face morph from one of concentration to...

"I think, sir, you've got an interesting guest."

The Fa-toa's brow furrowed, and he followed Krayn deeper into the ship. They descended one set of steps, passing the giant electromechanical contraption that was the radio, before heading down another two more. There, two decks below where they had been previously, Krayn lead the two of them towards what Dehkaz recognized as the sickbay. Now he too began to hear snippets of conversation trickle out from the slightly ajar cabin door that was opposite to the sickbar, which Praggos had staked his claim to.

Curiosity piqued, Dehkaz followed as Krayn poked his head through the door, glancing around his friend's Sanok to look inside. There was Praggos, Skyra, and another toa which was more than a bit surprising to find living, drinking, and talking.

"...Shaddix?"

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -