BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

"Should get us to Po-Koro within a few hours, far faster than trudging through the desert." While it was hard to tell from his overall demeanor, for those that had been around Dehkaz for any measure of time there was a hint of good-natured dig at those present. Or rather, one specifically.

He raised an eyebrow in Krayn's direction

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Yeah, it is." The ex-officer met Dehkaz's look with one of total non-expression, casually patting Dorian's shoulder before he let go. "Come on, 'Kale', we should get going. Dehkaz, you know where to find the guy that made those diskette rifles?"

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

A gleam shot through Dehkaz's eyes, and the ghost of a man who once dedicated his life to the craft of being exceptionally lethal passed across his expression. It wouldn't be entirely incorrect to say that the former bounty hunter was excited at the mention.

"Sure as Karz do, have something in mind Krayn?"

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

On 9/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, Caedast said:

Stannis gestured for Ra'lhen to follow him into his abode, and once they were inside he shut his door tightly. "I say this in confidence to you so that you can understand what is needed and can overcome whatever fears you still possess," he said, his voice low even in the privacy of his own home. "The Makuta is not really gone."

IC: Ra’lhen -- Po-Koro, Stannis’ Home 

The Vo-Toa bristled at the revelation. On their own, Ra’lhen’s eyes narrowed, widened, and then narrowed again – as if both the expressions of fear and skepticism were fighting for control over his face. After a brief pause, Ra’lhen shook his head. 

“That’s impossible...” Ra’lhen muttered. 

Ra’lhen grew deeply concerned as he mulled over the Toa Maru’s words. He realized is likely wasn’t impossible. Stannis, out of all people, did not misspeak. 

“You and the Maru killed him, right? I don’t understand” 

Ra’lhen lowered his voice, “If Makuta is around... then he could take me again,” Ra’lhen said with a hint trepidation in his voice.  

• Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Not if you are ready," he reminded Ra'lhen. "Mentally. Spiritually. Cardiac-ally... I just made that word up.

"And we defeated him—defeated, not killed," he explained. "I had hoped that that would be the end of his reign of terror but it was not to be. It took some time for be to realize we'd only won a battle, and it took longer still for me to acknowledge the truth with the others that there was still a war to come. Since then I have been trying to find a way to end this cycle and truly 'kill' Makuta. But I have not given up my faith... and neither should you."

Edited by Caedast
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Caedast said:

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Not if you are ready," he reminded Ra'lhen. "Mentally. Spiritually. Cardiac-ally... I just made that word up.

"And we defeated him—defeated, not killed," he explained. "I had hoped that that would be the end of his reign of terror but it was not to be. It took some time for be to realize we'd only won a battle, and it took longer still for me to acknowledge the truth with the others that there was still a war to come. Since then I have been trying to find a way to end this cycle and truly 'kill' Makuta. But I have not given up my faith... and neither should you."

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Stannis' Home

"I thought I was ready before...," Ra'lhen said with a pained look on his face. The Toa was starting to wonder if this may have been connected with the string of horrible dreams he had been having. He fought himself to not shudder that the one he had last night -- he could almost feel the icy grips of Echelon and Vidar dragging him back into the dark forest of servitude. 

"I had a dream last night," Ra'lhen said, "Makuta's darkest minions... Vidar, Echelon... they came for me. They came to take me back..."

Ra'lhen squeezed his eyes shut, trying to push the haunting memory from his mind. However, there really wasn't much he could do. Ra'lhen would have to live with this dream for weeks to come.

"I know it's just a dream, but with the Makuta now back, he will call back his minions, or call forth new ones," Ra'lhen said.

After a moment, Ra'lhen's expression warmed, as if an idea had come to him.

"Maybe that's it. Heuani is dead. Vidar is gone, though like Makuta, perhaps not dead. But Echelon, last I heard he had taken Ko-Koro," Ra'lhen continued, "With the ice village liberated, do you know what happened to him?"

• Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC:

"You can't make me be Kale," the Toa of Iron sulked as he finally stood up from Praggos' liquor cabinet. He took a lingering look at his bag, debating whether to bring any of its contents along. It felt alien to not bring any of them, least of all his revolver - but that was just the point. By now, it had become a trademark of his person. If Dorian Shaddix was going to stay dead for a while, that meant the guns had to stay in the bag. And the sword wasn't his to carry around.

"I'm comin', I'm comin'. I just wanna go on the train."

-Tyler

• Like 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: The younger Toa looked at his companion for several long moments. They'd been talking long enough for him to get a feel for her personality. The old sailor definitely missed her time on the water. It was where she belonged. Extensive experience with two Guard forces pointed to at least some sense of civic responsibility. He did have to wonder why she had left both positions however. The fact that Ta-koro had hired her meant that any problems were not too bad. It was entirely possible that the climate hadn't agreed with someone so used to the salty ocean breeze.

Emerald orbs fixed her with a calculating stare. Not aggressive or malicious. Rather the one wearing it was clearly taking her measure as he spoke his next words.

"How would you like a job?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "A job. You clearly know your way around a ship and we happen to spend an awful lot of time on one." There was a definite hint of wry amusement in his voice. "Our sailors are good but they could always be better and you have to be pretty good if the Marines hired you to teach their sailors how to do their jobs. I want you to do the same thing here. It's a paying job and you'd get to spend at least a couple weeks seeing what is like on our girl here."

He finished up with a fond pat against one of the support beams near his head.

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"I was thinking the same thing," Rynekk said, the corners of his mouth crinkling into a smile -- a tired smile. The trip from Ko-Koro had been hard and, truth be told, he wasn't sure if he was ready to see the rest of the crew so soon. He had never been especially close to Dehkaz, true enough ... but it had been too long since he had seen Krayn last, and when he had, it had been while his friend was in traction.

"Let's head back up," he said, turning for the stairs.

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

On 9/16/2021 at 4:30 PM, Emzee said:

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Stannis' Home

"I thought I was ready before... Makuta's darkest minions... Vidar, Echelon... they came for me. They came to take me back... I know it's just a dream, but with the Makuta now back, he will call back his minions, or call forth new ones," Ra'lhen said.

After a moment, Ra'lhen's expression warmed, as if an idea had come to him. "Maybe that's it. Heuani is dead. Vidar is gone, though like Makuta, perhaps not dead. But Echelon, last I heard he had taken Ko-Koro," Ra'lhen continued, "With the ice village liberated, do you know what happened to him?"

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

The venerable toa shook his beleaguered head slowly. He did not know what became of Echelon, though a part of him had a hunch the dark general was finally dead. Echelon had been a thorn in his side for as long as he was a Maru despite not always being aware of each other. Their rivalries was born from representation of their respective spirits; just as Stannis Maru acted as Mata Nui's divine intervention in the world, so was Echelon for Makuta, and their paths intersected occasionally to combat each other. 

One of the assorted gifts he received from Mata Nui was what some companions of the past had simply coined as his 'wandering.' For Stannis it was a natural component of his being and required no practice of nomenclature, but for everyone else Stannis' preternatural ability to sense danger and unfold narrative wherever he went was a phenomenon that required titling. It was through this ability that the prophet had been aware of the looming presences of threats to the Matoran. Oddly, in the wake of the reclamation of Ko-Koro, the niggling tell of Echelon's existence had altogether ceased to be... odd, Stannis considered, since he had never presented himself in the battlefield, but he did not dwell on the thought at all. Stannis felt, and when there was nothing more to feel, he simply moved on. 

"I have an idea," he began rumbling in rumination. "Akiri Renaka has mentioned in passing to me that she entertains an expedition through the Dark Walk. I will be lending my power when it happens. Come with us—it would be good to have you at our side, and it would do you well to feel your sword cleave through your demons. And if your C.O. needs some persuasionI can issue a codex of absolution so you can come as my companion. There is no reason you have to face the darkness by yourself.

• Like 3

IC: Ember - Ostia, interior of the Fowadi

You know, it was naught but yesterday that the old Ta-Matoran was lounging in a Ga-Koro plaza, book in hands, paying little mind to the goings-on of the world around her. Totally engrossed in a laughable print of fiction while the world’s stage shifted around her - just a woman past her prime letting whatever life she had left flow by. If someone’d relayed today’s events to her, she might’ve laughed. Either that or curse them out for a fool.

She blinked once, taking in the Fe-Toa’s words and carefully considering them. Could be that she was the fool after all - the words ‘I’m retired’ caught up in her throat. Those words were the ones she considered next; something between an excuse and an automatic response. Why hadn’t she said them? She was too old to roll in with these people - legends she’d only heard about in passing and only met in the past twenty minutes or so. She couldn’t adventure with them. This was crazy.

“Well…” she began, breaking her gaze away from Kale’s anticipating expression and taking in the footlockers in the compartment, spying his. “I did notice that some’a yer swabs abovedeck made fer loose riggin’ that’d never fly in Ga-Koro… and t’be honest, yer stone boys know more about sinkin’ than swimmin’, tell ye that.”

She was stalling again. The words stuck in her throat again. Why couldn’t she just tell him ‘no’ like she should?

#### it. 

What did she have back in Ga-Koro anyway?

Some ###### book and a bunch of fisherwomen busy fawning over the psychics, that’s what.

“Couple weeks, ye said? Think that’s a fair trial period as any, aye. I’ll do it.”

• Like 1

IC:

"Nothing too specific." Krayn answered, gesturing for anyone who was coming to follow and beginning his walk back to the deck. He could have had Dehkaz lead the way again, but the internal structure of the Fowadi was relatively unchanged. And it was important to learn his way around the bits that had. With his ear it'd be a little easier, too, with the sound of voices above to guide him towards the steps. "Not yet, at least."

"These are great." He pointed at the holsters on either hip, peeking around a corner and climbing out onto the deck. "But the range is a little short. And the rounds are hard to get a hold of. Something with some range and a similar punch but an easier supply of ammunition would be perfect."

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Well, I'm glad you're into 'em, at least. You can be tough to shop for, killer."

Dorian pulled his scarf back up, totally obscuring one of Mata Nui's most (in)famous faces the sans iridescent blue eyes that had crinkled at Krayn Inzaka. He arched his back as they rose the stairs to the deck and rotated each shoulder casually, clearly relieved to leave his weaponry somewhere it would be safe. It had been a long time since he'd walked around this unencumbered. Physically, anyway.

"I wonder if Stan is in town." Of all the unlikely friendships on Mata Nui, Dorian Shaddix and Stannis Maru surely had to top the list - or at least made a valiant effort to. His defense of the Toa Maru hadn't solely come from a place of nihilism or grim acceptance of their odds against Makuta; Stannis had spoken for him back in Le-Wahi, long ago, when Dorian took Utu's life and death into his own hands and deemed him Joske's successor. He would never forget that. "I would've thought he'd stay in Ko-Koro a little longer."

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Noka (Ostia)

CHOO-CHOOOOOOOOOO

The fumes were thick - too thick, at first, to see. They filled the platform, swallowing prospective passengers in its opaque embrace. Then, like a magic trick, it was gone, and the doors of the train cars slid open, Matoran spilling out in a hurry, darting in different directions, tools in hand. After the main throng of commuters had dissipated, calmer travellers followed, amongst whom was a brown-armoured Matoran with a rather exquisite blade strapped to her back.

Noka was not entirely used to train travel. As she stepped onto the platform, she turned to admire this marvellous machine that had just carried her across the Motara Desert - a lethal journey - in a matter of hours. Its pistons, wheels, plating, everything had been created with such utter precision. A true technological marvel.

Looking around, she realised she had been getting some funny looks from others around her, particularly fellow Po-natives. She had almost forgotten that the trains had been in place for years now - but for a woman like her, who had scarcely stepped out of Po-Koro in that length of time, they were spectacular.

Her amazement did not remain limited to only the train. Descending the lift, she gazed out over Ostia. It was... Battered. Nautical. But it was different. She almost wondered why she had kept herself cooped up in same-old Po-Koro, painting landscapes of the skyline night after night for the last few years.

It's because those paintings sell, Noka, she reminded herself. What are you doing here? Adventure doesn't count as work. It hardly even pa-

She stopped herself there. That was her grandfather talking. She hadn't exactly come here on a whim; it had been weeks since she had heard the Fowadi was recruiting. She decided what the right decision was, and this was it.

Before long, she had reached the docks. One thing that was off-putting was the water. She was a Po-Matoran - learning to swim had never exactly been at the top of her list of priorities. Just... Make sure you don't fall in.

Peeling her eyes away from the water below, she strode across the jetty towards the gangplank of the Fowadi.

• Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - Fowadi - Ostia -

I followed after Krayn and the others of course, I had some things I wanted to do in Po-koro before we set sail for one. I nodded along as Dorian wondered out loud about Stannis' whereabouts. 

"Who knows with Stannis, even as a Matoran he was you know...wandering." I stretched my arms out a bit, "You know despite that whole 'wise old sage' vibe he has, he's kind of dense sometimes?" Just like a rock. 

• Like 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "And that is why we recruit from all over Mata Nui. Welcome aboard Aggressor Ember."

The Fe-Toa stood and stepped forward to offer his hand to the old woman. Her observations about the nature of the ship's rigging was accurate. Their rope system was rather elaborate in order to let a smaller crew run a large ship. That lent itself to a certain degree of sloppiness on the part of said crew however. When it felt almost like the ship sailed itself it was easy for things to slip without a stern hand to keep things in line. That was what he hoped that their newest recruit could provide.

• Like 3

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Last I heard he was in Po-Koro," Dehkaz offered, switching the case in his hands from one to the other as he opened one of the bulkhead doors to towards the surface in front of Krayn, "But I've been on the move for the past few weeks, knowing his reputation he could be anywhere by now."

A flash of silver caught his attention, and Dehkaz turned away from the rest of the group for a moment, stepping through an adjacent doorway to one of the larger compartments in the armored interior of the ironclad. Inside was who he had thought he had seen, though the silvery Fe-toa was conversing with a rugged, red-armored matoran that he didn't recognize.

"Kale! We're headed to Po-Koro to pick up some last minute essentials, hold down the fort while we're gone," The toa of Magnetism called, before heading to rejoin the others up on the deck of the ship. The sun was high in the sky now, and a moment as he counted through the time that had passed since he had first arrived at the port town confirmed what he had reckoned.

"Iron Mahi should be done loading supplied and leaving for Po-Koro relatively soon," Dehkaz explained to the others, his constant traveling across the Wahi having given him a fairly decent read on when the mechanical contraption set off. "We'll be able to catch it."

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Reaching upward (handshakes between Matoran and Toa were always an awkward experience), she grasped Kale’s proffered hand, giving a firm shake.

“I take it I’ll have tae be salutin’ ye-” was all she got out before a heavily-armed Fa-Toa appeared from belowdecks to address Kale.

• Like 3

IC: "Understood Captain. Everything will be ready for departure when you return."

Dehkaz got a quick but crisp salute as he vanished down the corridor. Normally such a brief interaction would get something closer to a wave. With a new recruit standing right there however it was time to set a tone for how the new Aggressors would be expected to act. So he turned back to Ember and finished the interrupted handshake. Stepping back to let the newly arrived De-Toa introduce himself.

"That would be correct. We aren't exactly a traditional military unit so I wont expect you to be saluting and signing paperwork in triplicate like the Ta-koro Guard. The chain of command is still in place though."

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Like 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Well, it was certainly turning into quite the surprisingly-active day. I stood up, filing out with the others; there wasn't much reason to stay inside, after all, with nothing really going on other than Kale recruiting. Assuming nobody who remained got hurt while I was off the ship, anyways. After all, how could they? It wasn't even sailing yet.

I really hoped nobody got themselves hurt while I was away.

"I think most people who put on a façade of that sort generally fail to live up to it after you spend more than three minutes with them." Of course, the few who didn't were the ones who started to become the mask; which was the worse fate, I wonder? I suppose it depended on the act you were keeping up. "Or in general, really. Hard to be something you're not."

Edited by Pteronura Brasiliensis
  • Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

“Aye sir, ye’ll have no issue on that front with me, I assure ye.”

She broke off the handshake as the other Toa approached from the small group consisting of the Fa-Toa who Kale had indicated was the Captain (she made a mental note) as well as him, and a few others she’d seen before, above deck.

“Pleasure, Toa Krayn,” she began, taking his hand in yet another awkward Toa-Matoran handshake. “Sergeant Ember Velliae, formerly of th’ Ta-Koro Guard. Guess I ain’t retired anymore, suppose.”

• Like 1

Another shape caught Dehkaz's attention, a brown-armored Matoran who was currently standing on the dock below, just off to the side of Fowadi's gangplank. Her deserted-hued armor was of the same make as his own, that was easy enough to make out, though he didn't recognize her as one of the Sentinel crew that had been assigned to the ironclad. While not out of place in the port village by any stretch, she nonetheless seemed somewhat... lost.

"Guardswoman!" He called down, before motioning for her to step onboard from his spot near the edge of the deck. "Come on up."

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Noka (Fowadi, Ostia docks)

"Sir," she responded without thinking, surprising herself. Still second nature, huh? You just couldn't keep yourself away.

Immediately she marched up the gangplank, exchanging tentative glances with one or two crew members who looked up from their duties. Some were vaguely familiar, but it didn't look like anyone she had been stationed with before was here. She sighed, silently, through the nose.

Turning her attention to Dehkaz, she saluted, a little more informally than she had intended. "Noka, sir.

"...Are you a 'sir'? I'm not entirely up to speed on the naval lingo."

• Like 1

"'Sir' works fine Sentinel Noka, 'Captain' as well."

Dehkaz did his best to soften his demeanor somewhat, not to the point of flippantly casual, but enough to perhaps get the guard a bit more at ease. Then again, she may have just been none too keen to walk aboard a ship, it wasn't uncommon for the Po-Koroan natives.

"What brings you here, Sentinel?" He was unaware of anything happening regarding crew, perhaps she was a messenger from headquarters in Po-Koro?

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Toa?" Krayn laughed. With careful deliberation the soundwaves of the two instigators nearby were redirected in such a way that they never reached his ears. "No need for that, Ember. Or for any sort of address. Just a private citizen these days. Kale should take care of you just fine. It's good to see some experienced sailors on board."

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

Dehkaz raised an eyebrow, though more out of his own bemusement with the number of newcomers which they seemed to be attracting as of late. Not entirely unheard of, and Noka here was perhaps the easiest one to work with. "I see, very well then that's easy enough. You're certainly welcome here, I'll get the paperwork sorted out for your transfer to the ship."

"Any particular reason, Sentinel Noka, or just looking fio a change of scenery?" Dehkaz asked, before adding, "Not an order, just curious."

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Dehkaz nodded in acknowledgement, it was good enough a reason for him that she went seeking this out on her own volition, even if the Po-matoran couldn't yet find words which described a conscious reason why.

"My first mate, Kale Ironshaper, is a deck below us. He'll get your bunk situated and give you a walk around the Fowadi." He motioned the the door which him and the rest of the small assemblage of Aggressors and friends had just exited through.

The toa of Magnetism paused, the trace of almost what could be described as a smile playing across his Kanohi, "Welcome aboard."

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Noka (Fowadi, Ostia docks)

She couldn't tell whether the Toa was smiling or not, but the suggestion led involuntarily to form a tight-lipped simper in return, as she saluted with an otherwise perfectly straight-backed Po-Koro stance. Ignoring her embarassment, she disappeared below deck.

(Fowadi, interior)

On her way inside, Dehkaz had given a brief description of what Kale looked like and where to find him. Even so, Noka couldn't for life of her figure out her way around the ship. The corridors were narrow and staircases steep; everything was apparently made to cram as many different rooms in as possible. Still, she found herself impressed by the scale of the vessel - she had been stationed in forts with less manpower, and easily less firepower.

Eventually, she found Kale and a number of others surrounding a Ta-Matoran who was looked, also, to be a new recruit. She stepped politely into view and waited to be spoken to.

• Like 2