BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Ember - Ostia, interior of the Fowadi

Her brow furrowed in confusion at the Krayn’s refusal of his title. Other Toa she’d met had never really disregarded their label of Hero-Protector when addressing them as such, but then again most of the time she had been referring to most of them as ‘Sir’, ‘Ma’am’, ‘Captain’, ‘Commander’, et cetera. It was just an odd day all around. But, if he didn’t want ‘Toa’ as his form of address, that was his desire.

“Understood, Mister Krayn. Glad t'be aboard, I'll see about gettin' yer vessel ship-shape like a real mariner does.”

Edited by Perp
  • Like 2

IC:

"If it wouldn't distress you, 'Krayn' would be fine. But 'Mister Krayn' is a start." The Toa's fledgling smile grew with suppressed mirth. He had met Guards of Ember's sort before; not often, living to an age of such experience as a Matoran Guard was a feat all by itself. For those who had been active when the First Toa came it was a reflex, an ingrained perception, that Toa were Toa. Heroes of the people. It was never something he'd been very comfortable with. At least when he was an officer in the Gukko Force protocol tended to override such considerations, but now... "I have no doubt you'll get things running smoothly. We'll be back before long. Take care."

He nodded respectfully to the Ta-Matoran, and again to the Po-Matoran; he would have liked to stay long enough to introduce himself to her too but he was aware he was slowing things down. He'd have to catch up when he was back. If he came back, he reminded himself. The trip the rest of the way to the deck was quick and easy, albeit with a blink or two to adjust to the brighter sun.

"Sorry about the delay, Dehkaz."

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

On 9/18/2021 at 6:44 PM, Caedast said:

"I have an idea," he began rumbling in rumination. "Akiri Renaka has mentioned in passing to me that she entertains an expedition through the Dark Walk. I will be lending my power when it happens. Come with us—it would be good to have you at our side, and it would do you well to feel your sword cleave through your demons. And if your C.O. needs some persuasionI can issue a codex of absolution so you can come as my companion. There is no reason you have to face the darkness by yourself.

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Stannis' Home

The thought brightened Ra'lhen's mood. Echelon may have been at large. If this was the case, Ra'lhen had strongly considered making finding him and stopping whatever he would inevitably plan next. However, such a quest would be as difficult as it was dangerous. Stannis had just offered the Toa a chance to prove to himself and to the sleeping Great Spirit that he could be that hero that this island needs. The hero that would prepare for the coming war, and whatever darkness that Makuta brings.

"We are at peace for now," Ra'lhen began, "That means now is the time to prepare for the darkness, and get in front of it. No more waiting for Echelon or some other Makuta-worshipper to make the first deadly strike"

Ra'lhen continued, "I'd be honored to explore the Dark Walk with you. If this is something that Renaka has called for, I can be sure that Officer Wokodin will allow me to partake. In actuality, it sounds like something he would have summoned me from Ostia for"

Ra'lhen couldn't help but smile at the thought that his unexpected trip to see Wokodin to update the Sentinels of his new uniform may have been planned anyway. 

"When is this Dark Walk expedition expected to happen?" Ra'lhen asked.

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

The Wanderer's shoulders rolled slowly like mountains, his equivalent of a shrug. "No clue. She has not set a schedule, or even declared her intent, but we can go pay her a visit and get it from the akiri's mouth. I will not lead you on with misinformation."

• Like 1

IC: [Kohra - Po-koro, Streets]

“I...I don’t know.” Kohra replied. There was a lull in her chronic pain, letting her focus a little better, at least for the moment. Maybe it had been the water that did the trick -  or maybe just talking to someone for the first time in what felt like years. Datrox had been taken aback, but he didn’t yell in return, or turned to leave. He wanted to help...which was an utterly strange reaction for her.  

“It’s hard to concentrate...I can’t remember...not when it hurts. It always hurts.”

The Vortixx put her free hand to her left shoulder for emphasis.

"Can you help with that?"

OOC: @Tarn

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

The toa of Magnetism gave a nod as Krayn joined back up with the rest of them on the deck, the de-Toa blinking a few times from the midday sun.

"This way," Dehkaz called, leading the assorted group of toa down the gangplank and across the Fowadi's berth to the port town of Ostia proper. The white-stone buildings were a bustle of activity, merchants and traders of all sorts making their way through the streets as they ascended through Ostia. Despite the activity, it wasn't long before they had reached the higher tiers of the village. There the whitewashed ocean dwellings gave way to more traditional Po-Koroan buildings, before civilization stopped completely and nothing but dry landscape stretched out as far as the eye could see, broken up by a singular line of tracks for the Iron Mahi.

The mechanical marvel itself was easy enough to see, still outside the station which Dehkaz had stepped out onto not too long ago, various beings milling about around it as cargo and passengers made their way onboard.

Gaining transport for them, while the majority of the Iron Mahi was used for freight this far out to the coast, wasn't particularly difficult, as Dehkaz gave a nod to the matoran checking passengers before they entered, the Bo-matoran nodding in return. He'd been on the line enough times over the past few weeks that those working the station obviously knew him by sight alone. Dehkaz waved the others onboard, and moved to find an empty cabin for them.

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Streets

“I’m no doctor,” he said, frowning. “I mean, nicks and scratches, a bit of quick triage after some adventuring, sure. But…not everything can be fixed with a bandage, yeah?”

Datrox sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. Of course not, but he just didn’t know what to say. “I could probably find you someone, though. Maybe some kind of medicine would help. Or, whatever a healer could do.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Kale's dependable, good people; and Dehkaz is mysterious, but'll have your back in a scrape," Rynekk said. "Skyra is flighty, but powerful; Praggos is a crank ... or that's what I hear, anyway. Ember's solid, but I'd wager it wouldn't do to say anything foolish around her. And Krayn...."

Stepping out onto deck, he paused, bringing one hand up to shield his eyes from the sun. The gesture might have seemed odd to Tekmo, considering the wide-brimmed hat that the young private had worn even in the underbelly of the Fowadi, but the bright rays would have hidden from view the slight twinge in Rynekk's face at the name of the man, Inzaka.

"...Krayn's good people, too," he finished. "We used to have more, but a lot of them drifted away over the months. In all honesty, though, the only way you'll know what anyone's about is by meeting 'em-- Oh, hey there, Mr. Ironshaper! How is it that I've walked this entire ship top-to-bottom and haven't seen the captain anywhere?"

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Skyra Daring - Ostia - Iron Mahi -

"Now I don't care what anybody says." I began as I entered the Iron Mahi, following Dehkaz. "Trains are ####ing awesome and they should put them all over the entire island." Even if flying was still the fastest and most superior way of travel, there was something about a train ride that you couldn't get anywhere else. Plus trains could carry a lot more people and supplies than a bird could, as fast as they were. 

"Dibs on the seat near the window by the way." 

OOC: @Krayzikk @sunflower @Pteronura Brasiliensis @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: Before he could attend to the new Matoran loitering at the edges of the group a familiar voice called out to him.

"Oh, hey there, Mr. Ironshaper! How is it that I've walked this entire ship top-to-bottom and haven't seen the captain anywhere?"

Kale's gaze flicked over to where Rynekk was just entering the compartment with one of the other new recruits in tow. The Bo-Toa from earlier. Maybe his fellow Aggressor wanted to introduce the newcomer to the leader of their crew.

"He left with a few other people a couple minutes ago. Said that they had some business in Po-koro that they needed to take care of. I think I heard something about Krayn getting some firepower that didn't cost an arm and a leg to get new ammunition for."

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

"Well... I gotta say that's a tall order but I'll sure see what I can do you for" I answered in response to the final scribbled request at the end of the note entirely scribbled in some form or another. Either way, no use quibbling about who exploded who, there was work to do.

The barrel's the thing, apparently. Well, there was no use mucking about.

Kreff was left to take a nap for a moment. If one were so inclined, one might be tempted to visualize that as a small, clear bubble sticking out of Kreff's mouth as he snoozed away. I was going to handle this one.

OOC: @Perp

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

On 9/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, Caedast said:

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

The Wanderer's shoulders rolled slowly like mountains, his equivalent of a shrug. "No clue. She has not set a schedule, or even declared her intent, but we can go pay her a visit and get it from the akiri's mouth. I will not lead you on with misinformation."

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Stannis' Home

The thought of visiting the Akiri's office didn't fill Ra'lhen with much enthusiasm. Conferences with the leader of Po-Koro always seemed to range from cold to particularly adversarial.

Though to be fair, that was when the old Akiri was in charge. 

Without thinking, Ra'lhen touched the green beaded necklace that he still wore to this day. Hafu's luckly charm, Hewkii a called it. 

"The truth is, I don't think I've spoken to the new Akiri," Ra'lhen admitted, "I know it's been a long time since Renaka took office, but it feels like I've been in Ostia forever. Perhaps it would be a good idea to pay her a visit finally. Though I'm sure she must be busy

• Like 1

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Krayn was here?"

It wasn't outside the realm of possibility -- if Rynekk hadn't been back to the ship in two months, why would Krayn's timetable be any different? But, still, the thought that he had missed his friend, or that his friend had avoided him was ... troubling. Like many of his problems, Rynekk decided to ignore this one, as well.

"Well, no matter," he continued brightly. "I've just been filling Tekmo here in on the history of the Aggressors, as best as a rookie like myself can. He's quite keen -- maybe you can pick up where I left off."

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Noka (Fowadi)

Might as well speak now, lest I'm forced to forever hold my peace. "Speaking of getting filled in - Noka, sir, Sentinel first class," she saluted, stepping forward. "Seems like I picked a good day to sign up. Maybe you guys need to start using pamphlets to save us newbies all the rodeo."

Edited by Wotz

IC:

"It's yours, Skyra, I've seen enough desert." 

Krayn grimaced slightly. The train didn't produce much noise itself, at least not by its locomotion, but it was still loud. Metal wheels on metal track at high speed, the wind pushed aside by the sheer mass of such a vehicle... He could adjust the volume, make it more bearable as long as he focused. But it was still uncomfortable. He sank into a seat, trying to ignore the additional vibrations that it sent through his bones.

"About how long is the ride?"

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"And so it, like, learns to whistle?"

The oblong wooden carving rotated in his hands carefully, the keen blue eyes poking out above the scarf looking for any obvious signs of defect or a gag gift. The face behind the oval Kanohi Rau was blank and expressionless; clearly, his line of questioning had flummoxed the Matoran at the gift counter. 

"Whistles don't learn to whistle," he replied, confused. "Whistles just whistle."

Without knowing it, the fresh-faced young Po-Matoran salesman had put Dorian's whole life into greater, simpler perspective.

"I'll take the whistle and the aspirin, then." The Toa of Iron gripped the train whistle protectively in his left hand and sorted out the widgets to pay in his right. As he flipped each onto the counter, his gaze found itself fixed on one tourist trap machine in particular. The Iron Mahi station had come equipped with its own Kid's Corner, kind of a lame name for a place for Matoran imaginations to run wild while your parents got to ride in luxury like Mata Nui himself, but whatever, Dor was paid to consult on shooting people on their way home from bars and not municipal branding decisions--

Ahem.

The masked Toa pointed to the new object of his obsessions and cocked his head back towards the "How many widgets to use that thing?"

"Ah, sir, your train's departure time is any minute-"

"I'll win in record time, then. How many widgets?"

The answer might surprise you! It certainly surprised Dorian. Perhaps the Iron Mahi employee shouldn't have rushed him, because he had grown increasingly frustrated with his first eight attempts - one widget each, although that was cold comfort when he was on an eight game losing streak - to the point where he wished he had brought his gun after all. And this stupid Pohatu Climbing Claw

Just

Wouldn't

Move

Right.

"Does Hewkii know that you torture kids with this busted thing?" he called out, grouchy and petulant beneath the scarf he was masking with, to the cashier.

"Err, Renaka?"

"Bahbahbahbahbahwhatever."

He took a step back from the machine and had turned to leave when he caught sight of the Gukko. That thing was too big to be called a plushie. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too soft, it was more like a large hunk of cloud, nestled inside a hollow Kolhii ball that Dor had accidentally cracked open with the claw on his last attempt. Even with the Kolhii ball slightly intact, one great, black void of an eye peered out at him from its man-made egg. Why was there a Gukko in a Po-Koro themed claw machine? 

Dor laced his fingers together and cracked them. Sometimes, he didn't know what he would do if all that assassination hadn't made him rich. Buuuut since there was no undoing it...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dorian Shaddix was the last person onboard the Iron Mahi. Matter-of-factly, and determined to be silent, the King of the Kid's Corner, fresh from his pyrrhic victory, stalked from compartment to compartment looking for his travel buddies. Two blue suns burned feverishly, from the thrill of victory combined with heady humiliation, along every cart; even with the rest of his face obscured, his eyes were more than enough of a window into his white-hot rage to make people shy away from him. He gripped the whistle in his right hand like a sword's hilt, and the monstrous creature underneath the crook of his left arm would have gasped for breath were it alive. 

When he found them, he tossed a glass vial of medicine onto Skyra Daring's lap - and then gripped the Gukko's beak and tossed it, underhand, at the window next to the Toa of Air's head. 

He took his seat without a word, kicked his legs up against the door, and began examining the whistle braced against his knees.

-Tyler

Edited by Haman Karn: A Magical Girl
  • Like 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Skyra Daring - Iron Mahi heading to Po-koro -

I'd just started to settle into my spot by the window when Dorian tossed the vial of medicine into my lap. I looked down in mild surprise before turning to look at Dorian. "Thanks Dor-" I was silenced abruptly as something heavy and yet very soft smacked into my face. I pulled it away from my face so I could get a look at. 

"A...Gukko plushie?" This thing was way too big to be a plushie, it was more like...a giant fluffy beanbag in the shape of a bird. I felt it over curiously, it was very soft and...

H-Hold on...Dorian is giving this to me? A...aa...aaaa... I could feel my face getting hot as my brain went into overdrive. A guy giving a girl a plushie was a pretty blatant sign of affection, platonic or otherwise, though I was pretty sure Dorian was still Tuara's boyfriend and I didn't want to get in the way of that eventhoughwehadthatonenightohmygodhelpmeeeeeee~ 

I buried my face into the Guuko, it was very soothing. I'd breathe later. 

• Like 5

IC:

Dorian's eyes weren't on Skyra as she had her romantic panic attack, though; he was still staring at the whistle in his lap resolutely, with only the tops of his eyes trained upon one of the Toa in the opposing seats. Most of the looks he had shot that Toa over the years had been flirtatious in nature, or at least appreciative; now the determination not to be embarrassed by his gift had shed, replaced by determination of a friend's motives.

"You're not really getting talked into the Sentinels, are you?" he asked Krayn, eyes flicking over to Dehkaz before shifting his attention back to the former Gukko Force lieutenant.

-Tyler

• Like 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lots of people talking, lots of people joining. It was a busy day to be sure. The good kind of busy though. The type that made you feel like you were actually doing your job instead of wasting time. It did mean that he had to prioritize who got a response first though. Which at the moment meant his crewmate since the Fe-Toa was already in a conversation with him.

"And where might that be? We've got a fair bit of history behind us at this point" Now on to the new recruit. Recruits from the Sentinels we're too unusual. They got more of them than from any of the other guard forces. Not all of them stuck around of course. Sometimes the way the Aggressors did things just wasn't for someone who had spent a lifetime in one of the island's paramilitary forces.

"Welcome Noka, We're always happy to have recruits from the Sentinels. I hope you understand this is a bit more than just a branch change. We work closely with Po-koro but do not answer specifically to them."

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On 9/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, Emzee said:

"The truth is, I don't think I've spoken to the new Akiri," Ra'lhen admitted, "I know it's been a long time since Renaka took office, but it feels like I've been in Ostia forever. Perhaps it would be a good idea to pay her a visit finally. Though I'm sure she must be busy

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Neither have I, much," he admitted. Truth was, the Wanderer looked forward to building an actual functional relationship with the new akiri and hoped the lessons of the past could be remembered and prevent future mishaps. There was no sense applying the same dogma that almost fomented a larger conflict than the schisms that came to pass. A staunch defender of the everymatoran, Stannis had opted to steer clear of politics and intrigue to focus on what was ostensibly the best for everyone—that got him in trouble with Akiri Hewkii, who's nationalistic policies were being quietly defied by the wayward Maru's philosophies of pacifism and social cohesion, and as a consequence Stannis had not been "home" much. 

The truth, of course, was always darker than the story. Stannis' "big picture" approach was less focused on helping every Matoran he came across with the same degree of love, though that legitimately was an important keystone of his philosophy. Rather, Stannis' attentions were directed towards understanding what truly happened to Makuta, how to fight his influences, and explore the deeper mysteries of Mata Nui... indeed much the same as what he did as a Matoran adventurer. And in those adventures Stannis had not been slothful, his legs still ached from the many miles he'd trekked, oftentimes by himself, from the highest alps to the deepest depths in search for answers and challenges, and his body bore the scars from the several swords he'd crossed with and felt the edges of. When he needed rest, Stannis had retreated to the only alcove he was truly untouchable in and healed in the Keeping Place in communion with his god, though also never stayed for long. Complacency was a drug he daren't indulge on.

"She won't be too busy for us," he finally added and set his coffee mug, now fully drained even of the dregs, on the nearest table. "Come, let's have a meeting with her." In no time at all, they were upon the akiri's abode and politely knocking at her door with a tray of warm bread and dried sausages to share. One lesson Stannis had learned: Never bother someone's morning without food to offer. 

@Emzee @Silvan Haven

• Like 1

IC: Ember - Ostia, interior of the Fowadi

She nodded politely at Rynekk as he approached, the corners of her mouth upturned in yet another thankful smile - quite a record she was setting today for those. Another Sentinel now occupying Kale’s attention, she turned toward the Fe-Toa and addressed him quietly.

“Pardon, sir. Looks like ye have yer hands full and I don’t wish t’ take up too much o’ yer time. I can go abovedecks and make myself useful there if ye’d oblige.”

___ __ _

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

He found it to be more of an annoyance to find a pristine launcher in the Emporium’s stocks than he’d have liked - diskette weaponry made up the bulk of their armory, with patero in various states of wear either in need of repair or ready for pickup by a customer who’d requested maintenance or had just put one on hold. Indeed, several launchers were in perfect condition, but by the third launcher Jokaro had selected that he had discovered was already claimed, he became aggravated enough to just disregard protocol and made a mental note to replace the launcher labeled ‘reserved’ that he’d ended up pilfering with another later when he wasn’t busy. That mental note was almost immediately discarded when he made it back to his workbench.

It was another monotonous half-hour as he meticulously disassembled the launcher down to its smallest parts, all sitting neatly laid out on the bench in front of him. He took a moment to admire the relative simplicity of the device - certainly more simple than the diskette launchers the Fa-Matoran working some distance away was responsible for the creation of. He’d never have guessed that, after having violently pried one of those diskette pistols apart, that it fired by -

Ah, but here he was zoning out again. Shaking his head and clearing his thoughts of ludicrous engineering and replacing it with that of his own speculative designs, he began to carefully measure certain parts of the patero, joining them together with the others that they fitted with in an irregular order, creating several clumps of the various systems that comprised the launcher - air bladder, pump, trigger, gas seal. He discarded the barrel entirely, as Farzan was already hard at work on that sensitive little number. Drawing up a few more notes, and doing some quick arithmetic in his already-crowded notebook - which was chock full of preliminary sketches of certain improvements he’d conjured within his travel-weary brain during the long trek down the eastern half of the island - he began to work out the modifications to these disparate mechanisms so that they would fit together properly in his idealized reconfiguration.

The main housing was the obvious place to begin. The air bladder itself needed no modification, but the metal body it sat within would need a few grooves, holes, and mounting points moved around and resized. First and foremost was the gas seal’s mounting point, which he had to cut out of the housing and re-weld slightly lower than where it originally sat. After that would be the modifications to the underside of the housing to accommodate the new positions of the trigger mechanism and the pump. Last up was the new mounting bracket for the barrel and the pump - the handle of which he was to redesign entirely. Those wooden components, and the rest of the furniture, would come after he was certain the crucial mechanisms were in working order, however. Bracing himself for another several hours of gruelling work, he donned a set of goggles from a drawer in his bench, picked up his tools, and began.

Edited by Perp
  • Like 1

IC: "Thank you. It looks like I'll be busy for a while down here. Try to familiarize yourself with the ship's systems and the crew that actually sail her. Only half of us are dedicated sailors so you'll mostly be working with those people."

Renaka Lichgeist - Po-wahi - Po-koro - Akiri Residence

IC: Normally the Duty-bound Akiri of Po-koro would be in her office at this time of day. A lifetime of public service had resulted in deeply ingrained habits. She drove herself hard. Using her own actions as an example for others to follow. Today was a day off for her however. Currently sitting at the table in her kitchen sipping a cup of coffee and leisurely reading a newspaper.

Which was to say that the person the duo were seeking was in fact at home when they showed up. There was a long pause after Stannis' knock. Small rustles could be heard on the other side of the reinforced door. Heavy boots on wooden floors. Eventually the door swung open to reveal an armored Po-Matoran. A variety of weapons were subtly scattered across his form had one the eye to see them. The most obvious being the heavy crossbow slung across his back.

The bodyguard nodded politely to them and stepped to the side. A feminine voice calling to them from somewhere out of sight. It was deeper than might usually be expected for a woman. Soft edges ground away to reveal the solid core within.

"Come in. It's not often I get guests at my home. Even less so that they are one of the leading Toa on the island. Please come in. Make yourselves comfortable."

• Like 2

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Krayn shrugged with all of the eloquence at his disposal. A noncommittal, vague answer that conveyed uncertainty more than any anything else could have. It wasn't a simple answer. The last time he saw Dorian he had still been a Lieutenant. That encounter, one for which Skyra had also been present along with a number of people Krayn would never meet again, had been the catalyst for his resignation. It hadn't been more than a few months but so much life had occurred in that time. His return to Po-Koro, his trip to Onu-Koro. The crew of the Fowadi's decision to split up and go to scout Ko-Koro. Stopping Xxeth. His injuries in the fighting. 

His left shoulder ached and he rubbed at it absently.

"What else should I do?" Rather than confrontational he posed a genuine question; a request for advice from someone who wasn't sure of the right thing to do. "I resigned my commission because the worst was over. I went to Ko-Wahi because I couldn't do nothing. I still can't. Especially not now that he's back. I know what I have to do, but I don't know how."

A note of frustration crept into his normally collected tone.

"I can't do it alone. Not just because I can't do enough, but because I don't have the resources. Ammunition costs a lot when you can't make it yourself. I've got a little money if I go and pick up my things from Onu-Koro, but most of my gear is gone. I can't draw on the Force's backing, I don't think I'd be welcome back even if I wanted to. I don't even really have a house anymore. Po-Koro's awful but it's the closest thing I have to a home these days. What else can I do?"

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I don't know what to tell you, babe. Start a band. Start killing people. Buy another coat and do detective work, brooding in the rain. I don't know. But the second you walk in there and admit that you have no other options, they'll have you by the spine. They'll never let go."

The Toa of Iron peeked up from his whistle, gaze mostly hidden behind a scarf caked in dust and two drawn-up knees. He watched Krayn rub his shoulder with veiled sympathy, cocking his head at the older Toa's pained motion. 

"The Sentinels are an institution. They work in the same ways as the Gukko Force, they'll frustrate you the same ways, and in the end they all fail you. They fail in the same places at the worst times. I watched them fail to stop Utu and me. I watched them fail to do a thing to take down Bad Company, whether I helped or not - and I watched them fail Tuara. You might think you're alone, but you, as you are--" he flicked Skyra's knee to illustrate that she fit his point too "--you're just free agents. Unless you go to work for Po-Koro - which is not the place you remember, so don't think you're fighting to bring it back. You won't be cashing checks for Tillian Juturna or Naona. You're going to be working for an army, without any of your friends, for an Akiri you barely know. And the same people who wanted a meathead Kolhii player like Hewkii to turn a recluse, make him think he could burn half the island? The ones who can take down six Turaga in the same day and sink Xa-Koro into the sea? There are a lot more out there. They're richer than before, cruel as ever, and Akiri still listen to them. I barely trust Jaller, but the rest?" Dorian bit his lip for a moment and shook his head. "Ambages' money went into a lot of pockets and won him a lot of favors, even beyond the grave. I know it's not the way you see the world. I wish I could see it the way you do for a change. But that's how institutions really keep the lights on. Working you to death is just a bonus." Dorian bit his lip for a moment and continued.

"Listen to me. You, my beautiful, frown-lined king, are a goddamn AggressorYou stole back Onewa. You chased the Mark Bearers longer, further, harder than anyone. When Ko-Koro needed help, you went because you had to. Badge, no badge - no one can take that away from you. And no one can take you off that ship without killing everything it stands for. If they say a badge is the price of admission, then they might as well rename the ship and send it off to fight pirates again. Because wherever you're standing, to me, is Aggressors HQ. If I really didn't think so..." he trailed off for a moment, eyes still feverish from loss. Perhaps Dor had realized he had begun rambling again, like he had on the Fowadi. Like he had so many times before in the presence of the Aggressors. "...I would've just kept walking, baby."

Dorian tugged down his scarf to reveal a smile as fragile as blown glass, a throat that gulped as he finished talking, and teeth that grazed his bottom lip and clung there as they looked at Krayn Inzaka. 

"I spent my life fighting for awful things because they gave me a home," he whispered, smile trembling at the corners. "Trust me. You regret it when you die." He winked.

-Tyler

Edited by Haman Karn: A Magical Girl
  • Like 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra Daring - Iron Mahi heading to Po-koro -

I squeaked into the giant Gukko plush as I felt Dorian flick my knee with a finger, he knew how ticklish I was! I slowly turned my head so I could both breathe again and look at Dorian with both a drowsy and slightly indignant expression. Something about train rides and incredibly soft fluff was making me only a few steps away from dozing off. 

Really it was only what Dorian was saying that kept me awake, like Krayn I had more recently given up my position and rank in the Gukko Force. Naturally the higher ups called it a 'temporary leave of absence' but really I didn't have any intention of rejoining. Quitting had felt strange at first but, honestly I'd slowly been starting to realize that maybe it had been holding me back from being all I could be. At least now anything stupid I did wouldn't reflect on the Force, hahahahahaha.

"Yeah I regretted a lot of things too when I died..." I decided to comment. "...except instead of actually dying I got tits." 

• Like 7

IC Kardaka - Po-Wahi - The Motara Desert

The desert stretched as far as an optic could scry. Even a mask equipped with a telescopic lens would struggle to see anything but a sparse few Mahi herds and a few plant species that dotted the terrain, the landscape was flat and barren. Dust coated the ground, even the Iron Mahi tracks were camouflaged by a layer of sand, visible only when one of Po-Koro’s locomotives passed over them.

In this desert sat a Turaga of Stone. Her body was bulky, her arms thick compared to her hands, her feet wide and flat. Her feet sat sole to sole, their toes facing her chest. Her Badge of Office was planted in front of her, her arms clenching it. Her heartlight flashed in spurts as she struggled to meditate.

A circle of pebbles surrounded her as she closed her optics. She tried to feel instead through the rocky terrain, sense every stone. Try to connect to the island, channeling her spirit first through her Badge of Office, then into the pebbles, and then maybe into the island itself.

Mata-Nui, please guide me,” her words were not spoken with confidence, but with a desperate plea. She was a Turaga now, she was meant to be wise. But she was more confused than ever.

Why would the Akiri turn on each other? Why would Hewkii try to isolate Po-Koro from the island? The Virtue of Unity was the only reason the Toa Maru defeated the Makuta while the Toa Mata had failed. Unity was the greatest of the Virtues, how could the Matoran throw it away?

As she continued to meditate her optics wrinkled and her fingers tapped her staff with impatience. Finally she sighed and shakily stood up, nearly tripping over her big feet. She caught herself on her Badge of Office, before shoving herself fully upright.

The Turaga extended her hand and the circle of pebbles lifted into the air, chasing after each other like a Bog Snake winding through the roots of a mangrove. Her free hand fell to her waist were pouches hung, and pulled one open. With a twist of her fingers the pebbles flew into the bag, before she pulled it taut.

She hesitated, the pouch was beginning to fray again. She leaned on her Badge of Office and pressed her hand to her mask, focusing its power. The Noble Kiril began to shimmer faintly, and the woven fabric began to stitch itself back together, the fibers sharpening.

As a Turaga of Stone, these were her powers. Limited control over her element, and the ability to use the powers of Noble masks. This was what remained of her strength of a Toa after she gave her powers to try to bring the villages closer together

How could Akiri Hewkii do it? How could he cut off Po-Koro from the world? How could he enforce his will on the Matoran, force them to be loyal, like a common servant of the Makuta? Stockpiling weapons, isolating his people, expanding his territory over Po-Wahi, he defiled the Matoran’s Unity. How could he divide the Koro?

How could this happen? How could the Matoran, the supposed chosen breed of Mata-Nui, how could they fall so far?

After what felt like years in the Motara Desert, Turaga Kardaka still did not know the answer. But what she finally was realizing, was that this isolation was not granting her insight. Looking inward had not helped her understand the Matoran and the Akiri, she … she was as lost as ever.

She supposed it made sense. Being alone in a desert was not going to help her better understand why the Matoran had failed the Virtue of Unity. She needed to be among people for that. Again the wisdom thought to come from the Turaga escaped her.

Still, she had come to the correct conclusion, this wasn’t working. So she began to bundle up her bedroll, hoisting it onto her back. She nearly smacked into the dust from heaving it onto her, barely managing to catch herself with her Badge of Office. Slowly she pushed on the staff, using it as leverage to stand again.

Kardaka sighed, before beginning to waddle through the flat arid landscape. She … she did not know where she was going, but she had to go somewhere at least. She needed to find the answers, figure out what she should do. What she could believe in.

Because she struggled to believe in the Unity of the Matoran anymore.

OOC: Kardaka open to interaction.

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ra'lhen -- Po-Koro, Renaka's Home

"Thank you very much Akiri," Ra'lhen said. Doing a small salute, "It's an honor. I'm Ra'lhen, a Sentinel from Ostia under Squad Leader Wokodin's command"

Ra'lhen felt the need to properly introduce himself, especially since hje doubted Renaka would know who he was, unless she knew about the lucky charm that was he wearing. This was the idea behind the new armor, of course. New beginnings. 

"We're here to inquire about possible expeditions that might further ensure Po-Wahi's security," Ra'lhen rattled off. He only realized how much he sounded like his squad leader after all of that fell out of his mouth. 

OOC: @Caedast @Silvan Haven

IC:

There was an awful lot to process wrapped up in all of that, and Krayn was silent quite a while he worked through it. Skyra picked up the slack fine, though. It gave him a few minutes. Dorian's opinion on the Sentinels, on whether or not he should be part of them, was well taken. With his own bias accounted for, certainly. But that was blown all the way out of the water by the announcement that Xa-Koro hadn't been a disaster; it had been an attack. The flood of mercenaries from Xa-Koro into Le-Wahi that he had fought. The sudden swelling of the Sanctum Guard out of nowhere, Ambage's ascendance, the Akiri takeover in the first place...

A lot of disconnected pieces suddenly clicked into place, and he wasn't a fan of the picture he saw.

"Thanks, Dor."

• Like 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Kardaka - Po-Wahi - The Motara Desert

The Turaga of Stone trekked slowly across the desert, her wide feet spirited from short legs, each step she took was small, and she relied heavily on her Badge of Office to maintain her balance. Every few steps she nearly toppled over her own feet, nearly collapsing under her staff caught her. Each time she let out a sigh, and then resumed walking.

Kardaka … she knew she had needed to give up her Toa Power, to make amends. But even so, her body felt wrong in a way it had not for centuries. The proportions were awkward, her chassis felt weaker too, as a Toa she had greater than average strength, and she still was stronger than most Turaga, but it was clear that she no longer had much force behind her. Walking her clumsy body was exhausting, even without the desert’s heat.

Still she continued to walk on. And as she continued to journey through the desert, a whistle broke the desert stillness. She turned to see a long teal mechanism snake its way through the desert, kicking up clouds of dust. A golden dome painted to recall a Kualsi was mounted in the front, and for good reason. While the Iron Mahi was far slower than a Mask of Quick Travel, it still was perhaps the fastest way to traverse Po-Wahi.

As the Iron Mahi clanked past Kardaka turned towards it. She would walk to slowly to catch the fast locomotive, but its force had unburied the tracks, exposing a winding metal path through Po-Wahi. She did not know which way the tracks lead, but they would lead to some sort of civilization. Ideally a port like Ostia or Forsi, she was not yet ready to go to Po-Koro. But if she was to understand why the Akiri had betrayed the Virtue of Unity, she would … meditating had not worked. She needed to be among people. 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC:

Thankful that Skyra had since removed her hand from over my mouth, I'd settled into a seat and just watched the scenery go by out the window, content to just listen to the others as they talked. As a group they had a wonderful ability to veer from serious to inane to funny, and back around and through more varying moods within just a few moments, and it could always make for good listening.

Of course, sometimes the serious could take control over the discussion.

"Ship has space," I said, jumping in myself. I decided to leave Dorian's most recent admission alone for the time being, although after the hints he'd dropped around me and what I'd managed to piece together on my own, I wasn't exactly surprised to find out that Xa-Koro's sinking was intentional. "And they let me stay on it, when I'm sure I got a dishonourable discharge from the Sanctum Guard ages ago, so I'd be surprised if they turn you away just for not having a badge. Probably a better idea to have a group that's focused on fighting for the island at large, too, rather than having first loyalties to one specific Koro or another."

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dehkaz [Iron Mahi to Po-Koro]

Dehkaz listened for a time as Dorian spoke, arms crossed and brow furrowed in contemplation, lips pressed together in a neutral expression that spread across his Kanohi. His violet gaze was fixed on the toa of Iron sitting across from him; his increasingly frantic barrage of ramblings seeming to just barely containing the turbulent sea of emotions which undoubtedly roiled just beneath the surface, perhaps only held in check by scarf which the mercenary had pulled up just beneath his eyes at times. While the Fe-toa had only been back to civilization for a short time, Dehkaz had quickly caught onto the fact that letting Shaddix talk was far more enlightening than asking him questions ever could have been, though Dehkaz wasn't entirely sure how much more Dorian could take if he continued to get lost in the confines of his mind while dispensing bits of useful information, let alone stand up to someone picking his brain. Dehkaz empathized, Shaddix looked a man that had been thrust into events, not out of his depth but nonetheless forced to survive in an otherwise unforgiving world by the strength of his own will alone. It was not an enviable position, nor one that he felt particularly comfortable leaving the toa of Iron by himself.

Even so, information was still information. While he might have removed himself from that particular aspect of Mata Nui for some time now, despite its best efforts to keep its blackened tendrils wrapped around his life, Xa-Koro had been his home for the better part of his life right up until that ceased to be his life. Granted, he would never had called the ramshackle collection of buildings which housed those deemed unfit to live amongst the rest of society home at the time. There were always whispers, backroom dealings and opportunities passed along by word of mouth. It was no great secret that the most lucrative assassination contracts and mercenary jobs could be had if one was effective enough, Mata Nui's social elite utilizing those in the dregs of civilization for their dirty work was a tale as old as civilization on the island. They were, in more than some ways, the only reason the village had sustained itself for such a long time, and would have survived for even long if not for it's untimely sinking beneath the waves. Before, its demise and subsequent migration of its population to Ko-Koro had felt like one taking advantage of a freak accident. For the sinking to be intentional... certainly linked events much more strongly than before.

"You're an Aggressor, Krayn," Dehkaz spoke up, his voice certain, "Nothing will ever change that. You'll always be welcome, and the Fowadi will always be at your disposal. Resources aren't an issue, and a place to stay even less so."

His gaze had shifted from Dorian to rest on said toa of Sonics. While as grim as it always had been, there was an assuredness to the look which was difficult to mistake for anything but.

"If 'they' are incredibly dense enough so as to try to keep you away, it'll be over my dead body."

• Like 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra Daring - Iron Mahi heading to Po-koro -

"Yeah, Praggos made a good point, even if he is a plimbo." I nodded slightly even as my head continued to lay against the massive gukko plushie. "If he can be an Aggressor, anyone can." 

• Like 3

IC: Noka (Fowadi)

Following on from what she had just said, she added: "I spoke to the captain on deck. He said you'd be able to tell me which bunk...?" She nodded her head in the direction of the crew quarters she had walked through on the way in. Then she smirked, "I'd be willing to settle for a hammock."

Edited by Wotz
  • Like 1