BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Kale Ironshaper - Ostia - Fowadi

"I take it you like to travel light...comparatively." A smile quirked at the corners of Kale's lips. He turned away from the railing and headed once more for the door to below decks. Calling over his shoulder as he did so. "Then let's get you settled in."

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"In one piece." Krayn shrugged, a motion that raised one shoulder more than the other. "Anything else comes secondary, right? I'm glad you all have been doing well. I was just talking to Kale about how the island is, but he seems to be hearing the same things I've been seeing."

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Wahi, Ostia, Fowadi]

"Rumblings," Dehkaz agreed, nodding in somewhat solemn agreement, "The air isn't right."

"We've been doing our best to get the Aggressors back together, Ko-Koro was... more than a wakeup call. You're always welcome back, Krayn, you're a good man. The island- we could use more good men."

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Captain!" Kale called out through the lower decks of the ship. The Fowadi was big for a ship but that still didn't make it all so big that you couldn't hear other people easily enough. "We've got another recruit!" It didn't take them long to catch up to the duo. They hadn't moved on since Kale had left them earlier. "Dehkaz, Krayn, this is Tirokk. He said he wanted to join up with the Aggressors."

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Krayn nodded slightly as the offer was made explicit at last. Kale had hinted at the same, but Dehkaz had said it much more directly. It was a difficult offer to accept. The name felt wrong. That was a big part of it he decided. There wasn't a lot of the original team left. A lot of them retired had retired, the ones that were left... Well there weren't quite the same, were they? It had been a long few years. If he came back...

"I appreciate that. Whether I come back..." He shrugged again. "I can't do nothing. Can't really go back to the Gukko Force, either, and I can't really do much by myself. But I'm not sure if I'm the best fit anymore. You and Kale have been putting together a good crew here. Just not certain my spot is in it. Planning to visit Po-Koro to talk about it a bit if you've got the time to join me."

He raised a hand in greeting to the newcomer and nodded but didn't comment. If he wasn't even sure if he'd be rejoining the group he didn't have much say in its membership.

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

20 hours ago, Perp said:

IC: Ember - Ostia, the Docks

Unsinkable my ###.

IC: Rynekk | Ostia Docks

It had been a long trip from Ko-Koro for Rynekk Simul, but a pleasantly scenic one. Plagia had been able to get him passage to Onu via a Sanctum Guard convoy that had been headed there to rendezvous with some of the refugees of the Fall of Ko-Koro, and from there a few friendly words with some people in the Ussalry who knew Gavarm had scored him tell of a convoy of researchers headed up to the new Onu-Po Academy in the desert who would be looking for a guard or two. After that, Rynekk hadn't had to do anything but kick his feet up on the Iron Mahi on his way to Ostia -- to the Fowadi.

He pulled his hat lower over his eyes, trying to cut the seaside glare, and glanced down to the figure sitting on a bench by the dock, looking at the same ship he had travelled halfway across the island to find.

"Sight for sore eyes, huh?" he said, leaning on his spear next to the bench.

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

The Matoran glanced over and craned her neck back, looking up into the face of the Toa - or rather, the silhouette of him. She had to shield her eyes with a hand a second later when the glare of the sun-washed sky nearly blinded her.

“Aye…” she said at last, her eyes having adjusted the tiniest bit. “A well an’ bloody fine vessel, seems t' me.”

She returned her gaze to the gently-bobbing dreadnought before them. “Though the riggin’s a lil’ loose ‘round the edges, says I. Could be tighter-like. On me old vessels, sloppy work like that’d get ye a right earful.”

She returned her attention to the Toa of Stone. “Ye know her?”

Edited by Perp
  • Like 1

"Well enough," he replied with a shrug, "but I know her people better."

This woman sat on the bench with a spine like steel, and even if Rynekk hadn't seen anything else of her, he figured what he said next would be as fair a guess as any.

"Did you serve with one of the navies? I just couldn't help but notice" -- he gestured towards the short-spear at her hip -- "and I recall that that's standard issue for most guards no matter where you go on the island, right?"

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

There were a number of things that Dehkaz wanted to say, responses that brought themselves to the forefront of his consciousness one after another in quick succession. Reassurances, ideas... There was more behind Krayn's words than what he had spoken aloud, and both of them knew what the toa of Sonics was trying to say. In the past, Dehkaz might've pushed more, attempted to get at what his meaning truly was, but he trusted Krayn, and he trusted his judgement.

More importantly, he was a friend.

Dehkaz placed a hand on Krayn's shoulder, the uninjured one, and simply said, "Of course, whenever you're ready to leave."

"Dehkaz, Krayn, this is Tirokk. He said he wanted to join up with the Aggressors."

The aftermost mentioned toa of Magnetism turned, almost surprised. "Right," if it weren't for the focused look behind his Kanohi, one could almost say that Dehkaz was flustered. He turned to face the newcomer, a solid wall of armor that for a moment he nearly mistook for Brukin.

"Captain Dehkaz," He said in greeting, shaking Tirokk's hand. "Forgive me, we don't have very many attempting to sign up. We'd be happy to have you on board, once we know a bit more about you. I'm sure you understand."

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

“Aye, lad. If ye can call the rag-a-bunch fishin’ trawlers of Ga-Koro a bloody navy.”

She shrugged, staring out at the vast, curving arc of Leva Bay beyond the massive ship in front of them.

“‘Twas a long whila’go. I was fresh from the womb, so t’say. No salt. Lost me ship, lost me friend…”

She idly kicked at a chalky limestone pebble as she trailed off.

“After that… fiasco, whaddyacallit? I left my home. ‘Listed in the Ta-Koro Guard. Made some new friends there. Was there a long time, lad. Long time. After that, went home, and put some green-faced Marines t’ the task. Made some real mariners outta them Marines, I tell ye that. Got their gills, proud o’ them.”

She nodded, visualizing the faces of those Marines. She remembered all of their names. And they really did make her proud.

“And what of you, friend? Can ye huck that there spear and score a catch or are ye just anglin’ to make an old sailor spill her guts?”

___ __ _

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

A pale-yellow hand shot up from the pile of sweat and expeditionary gear that was Jokaro, slamming itself down on the surface of the workbench and causing several extraneous components, bolts and tools to jump a centimeter or two in response.

Jokaro clawed himself up from his prone position, once again regaining his footing and bracing his arms on the table as the backpack and gear sloughed off of him. He stared down at the launcher the Fa-Matoran was ogling, with enough vitriol to start boring holes into the casing, had he laser vision.

“This… piece of junk…” he waved his hand across the launcher, riddled with a handful of field modifications - a snapped sling mount, extra padding on the rear handle, what looked like a broomhandle used as a foregrip…

“I have dragged this thing all over the island. I tried to hunt pokawi in Le-Wahi with it and couldn’t hit the broadside of an ash bear because it’s so d###### hard to aim. It’s heavy, it’s too large for Matoran like us to haul for long periods…”

He paused, took a breath, and pulled out his notepad, flipping through the pages as Farzan watched… it was absolutely filled to the brim with maddening scribbles, sketches, and notes; a kaleidoscope of gears, gas systems, springs and chemical formulas danced in both their eyes.

“We can do better,” he said at last.

Edited by Perp
  • Like 1

Lost me ship, lost me friend....

"I'm a bit of a landlubber, to be quite honest," Rynekk said, chuckling self-consciously. "I've sailed on the Fowadi there more times than I can count, but never for longer than a few days. I reckon that even when I walk up that gangplank in a moment, I'll be walking back down it again before the week is out. Itchy feet, I suppose; and an ever-changing job description."

Amongst other things....

"Now, if you'll allow me yet another question," Rynekk said, gingerly taking a seat next to her on the bench. "What's a guardswoman like yourself doing all the way out here on the -- what is that they're saying nowadays? -- the wrong side of the tracks?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

“Came tae see ‘er.” she remarked, lazily gesturing in the direction of the Fowadi. “She been the envy o’ the whole Ga-Koro navy, even after those Dask-… Dakas-…”

She furrowed her brow, and eventually resigned to figuring it out some other time.

“Eh, y’know what am sayin’. Them sparkly lasses. After they showed up. If she’s enough ta ruffle that many faethers south o’ here, she’s worth the trip to see for meself.”

She paused for a moment to admire the ship once again, faintly aware of the mess of chatter emanating from the occupants on the deck. She turned back to the Po-Toa sitting beside her.

“Yer with the ‘Gressors, aren’t ye? Heard about you lot.”

Edited by Perp
  • Like 1

IC:

"Skyra, please, my delicate complexion could never recover from getting shot, that's a terrible idea." It seemed, though, my retort blew away in the wind, as it were; Luten came up to pay a visit as Skyra ran through introductions, and Kale not long after. I fell silent—as was often my custom, around those not named Skyra Daring, at least—and let the storm of social interaction pass me by while just observing. I should, however, admit: There was one thing I did agree with Skyra on.

Luten was adorable.

As Kale led Tirokk into the ship to meet with the others, I turned back to Skyra. "So. Earplugs and target practice, pin-the-stick-on-the-ice-Toa, or should I grab something from my stash, rejoin the others, and celebrate the first crew meeting and impending shake-down of the ship?" I wasn't exactly fond of the second option, but I wouldn't put it past her to suggest it on her own anyways with that naginata she was so enjoying practicing with, so I might as well have included it before she could. Besides, I'm not averse to making some jokes at my own expense from time to time. "I'm definitely not letting you shoot without hearing protection, though."

@Snelly

• Like 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

8 hours ago, Perp said:

“I have dragged this thing all over the island. I tried to hunt pokawi in Le-Wahi with it and couldn’t hit the broadside of an ash bear because it’s so d###### hard to aim. It’s heavy, it’s too large for Matoran like us to haul for long periods…”

He paused, took a breath, and pulled out his notepad, flipping through the pages as Farzan watched… it was absolutely filled to the brim with maddening scribbles, sketches, and notes; a kaleidoscope of gears, gas systems, springs and chemical formulas danced in both their eyes.

“We can do better,” he said at last.

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

So, I had overestimated my overly esteemed colleague. No matter, it seemed he was just now getting around to it.

"Love the enthusiam, Jo," I answered, leaving the launcher to rest as I scanned the notes he flipped past for my viewing pleasure. Ooohohoho, oh yes here's the stuff I live for. Pardon me if I don't fire a celebratory shot or two, or I would've if the ceiling hadn't already started to crumble ever so slightly from the previous ones.

"Just, one piece of feedback, if I may? You need to work on your insults. Being a Brakas monkey forsaken by Karzahni is a good thing as far as I'm concerned"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Skyra Daring - Ostia - Fowadi

"Oh come oooon Praggos, Kale isn't that much of a stick in the mud. Luten joining us should be fine!" A little shooting practice never hurt anyone right? I stretched my limbs a bit before thinking about what to use as targets, I glanced at the water before I got an idea. 

"Hey Praggos, I think I know what we can use as targets. Use your fancy ice powers and make some targets in the water over there some ways." I figured the targets being in the water would also ensure that we didn't accidently damage the ship somehow and really plss off well, everyone else.

OOC: @Pteronura Brasiliensis @The UltimoScorp

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"That I am," Rynekk said with a smile, holding a hand out for her to shake. "Rynekk Simul, Po-Koro Sentinels. The Aggressors picked me up after a particularly nasty run-in with some pirates -- or was it before? Hard to keep track of the order of these sorts of things after a while."

He nodded over towards the ship.

"I could give you a tour if you wanted."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

She took the notably larger hand in her own, trying her d###est to give a firm shake. “Sarge Ember Velliae, Ta-Koro Guard. Formerly.

Something clicked in her memory, and she gave a wry grin as her brain made the connection. “Right-grand makin’ the acquaintance o’ anyone’s faced-off the ‘Vika, Toa Rynekk. Brutal business, aye.”

He nodded over towards the ship.

"I could give you a tour if you wanted."

She felt her chest tighten and a trickle of something nearly forgotten to her welled up from deep in her gut. She felt something for the first time in a very, very long time - genuine joy.

She stared, incredulous for but a moment. When she finally spoke, her voice was barely above a whisper. “...you really mean that, lad?”

___ __ _

He sighed and grumbled something under his breath. He pocketed the notebook before returning his attention to the launcher on the bench, beginning to disassemble it.

“Casing’s intact. Fine as-is. Gas seal’s busted, though.”

After a minute or two of struggling as his sapped strength got the better of him, Jokaro finally pried the barrel loose. Easily the heaviest component, he set it down on the bench, sticking straight up like a tower.

He took a moment to size up the metal monolith, grunting in exasperation when he finally tore his eyes away.

“First order of business-” he turned his head to a corner of the room, but furrowed his brow when he didn’t see whatever he was looking for. He whipped his head this way and that in response, scanning the jumble of parts, benches and tools of the workshop before settling his gaze on the other Matoran in the room.

“Did you move the lathe?”

1 minute ago, Perp said:

“First order of business-” he turned his head to a corner of the room, but furrowed his brow when he didn’t see whatever he was looking for. He whipped his head this way and that in response, scanning the jumble of parts, benches and tools of the workshop before settling his gaze on the other Matoran in the room.

“Did you move the lathe?”

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

I came around to stand opposite Jokaro as he feverishly began getting to work. As he stripped parts and pieces off of the weapon, I grabbed them and pulled them aside, off the floor to the side. I had gone through the trouble of placing the previously useless pillow there. They had a spot to fall safely on.

"Hmm...? Oh!" I responded in a moment of realization, and whistled sharply as I ran off. Kreff came clattering after me with his claws raised

There was the sound of something heavy and metallic clanging against something else off in the distance, as my voice bellowed back "won't be a minute!"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Brutal is the word for it," Rynekk said, soberly. "I lost my fair share during that fight...."

But his sober expression did not last long, as he spread one arm expansively towards the Fowadi.

"I'm sure Kale would be happy to swap sea stories," he said. "He's the first mate on-board, but I reckon that he knows the ship better than anyone on this island, living or dead!"

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

A slight twitch ran through the Fe-toa's body and he resisted the urge to look at the part of the ceiling he knew that the doubtful duo were currently standing. They wouldn't do anything too bad. He had to tell himself that or he'd spend every second of the day slowly turning grey from the stress.

Wait.

He was already grey.

Karz

"Sooo, Tirokk! Tell me some more about yourself. What kind of skills do you have, where did you learn them, what have you spent you time doing. That kind of thing."

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Like 3

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

5 hours ago, Snelly said:

"Oh come oooon Praggos, Kale isn't that much of a stick in the mud. Luten joining us should be fine!" A little shooting practice never hurt anyone right? I stretched my limbs a bit before thinking about what to use as targets, I glanced at the water before I got an idea. 

"Hey Praggos, I think I know what we can use as targets. Use your fancy ice powers and make some targets in the water over there some ways." I figured the targets being in the water would also ensure that we didn't accidently damage the ship somehow and really plss off well, everyone else.

OOC: @Pteronura Brasiliensis @The UltimoScorp

IC:

"It's not about the shooting, it's about what inevitably comes out of our mou—" As expected, she just bustled right on before I could even finish my protestations. I shook my head, resigning myself to my fate. "Alright, but like I said: hearing protection first. I don't want your brain getting any more rattled than it already has been."

• Like 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tirokk - Ostia, Fowadi

Having turned back to Kale, Tirokk responded. "Well, I've spent a lot of time honing my elemental abilities, to swiftly create tools for combat under stress for example, as well as refining my suit's design and material across multiple iterations. It is, I grant you, a bit unusual looking, but practically speaking, it's been very carefully shaped for maximum durability and aerodynamics. Combined with my Kakama... Well, I'm sure you get the picture."

• Like 1

"You look like a juggernaut in that stuff." He felt like one too. Kale could feel the sheer mass of an already big man in even bigger armor. The design concepts involved were solid as well. "I look forward to seeing you in training. Where has life taken you. A man doesn't build armor like that without good reason."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Luten - Fowadi - Ostia:

"I'll go ask!" She said brightly, disappearing before Praggis or Skyra could say anything otherwise.

Kale would hear a soft chime.

Mr. Kale, can I help Mr. Praggos and Ms. Skyra practice shooting? We're gonna be real careful, Mr. Praggos said we'd wear hearing protection!"

@Silvan Haven

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 4

"Sure sure, it is pretty loud." Far be it for me to argue with my doctor, at least when it comes to actual medical advice. I took my blunderbuss out of it's holster and opened it up, making sure it wasn't loaded. It wasn't, cause even I wasn't crazy enough to leave something that dangerous loaded when it was literally strapped to my hip. Didn't want to accidently blow my leg off while I'm doing whatever. 

"Once you set up the targets and get the ear plugs we should be all set." 

OOC: @Pteronura Brasiliensis @The UltimoScorp

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"I was hoping, Commander," Krayn nudged Dehkaz lightly with an elbow, directing his own attention away from Kale and the new recruit. "To pick your brain about Po-Koro's leadership a little. And the Sentinels'."

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

The problem with having a voice in your head was that sometimes it spoke up when you were already doing something else. Which led to a rather confusing mental split similar to holding two conversations at the same time. Only even more distracting because one of them was bouncing around your brain.

Only if you make sure to be extra careful. And don't shoot anything outside of practice without asking me first. These are not toys and bad things can happen if we aren't careful. Alright little one?

Then back to the large man in front of him. It was obvious that there was some heavy history involved with his decision to take up arms. Kale could respect the desire to keep parts of one's history a secret. The Aggressors had a history of using people with questionable pasts and allowing them to pay off some of that debt.

"What about since then? Any mercenary work or guard time?"

• Like 3

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

Dehkaz nodded, confident that Kale would be able to handle things with Tirokk from here.

"Here, let's go somewhere a bit quieter," He glanced towards the door, where even now the voices from the rest of their friends and allies were filtering through. The toa of Magnetism motioned for his friend to follow, before leading Krayn up a set of stairs to the deck above. There he turned towards a door opposite to them, a wave of his hand and the small hum of his elemental power unlatching some unseen mechanism and the entryway to the captain's quarters opened. It was a moderately sized room, sunlight pouring in from portholes on one side and a cot beneath them. Another door, doubtlessly leading the sternwalk outside, faced them as they entered. Dehkaz pulled up a chair for the de-Toa at the large desk that took up the majority of the space, pushing the odd assortment of mechanical gizmos and partially disassembled weaponry that was spread across the darkwood tabletop to the side.

The Commander himself stepped around the desk and extracted two glasses from a cabinet in the wall, offering one to Krayn.

"Widget for your thoughts, Krayn, you look like you've thought through this pretty thoroughly."

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Was that a hug?

"Alright, what kind of combat do you specialize in?"

They spoke on the move. Kale adding small asides as they entered various rooms. Pointing out various elements or doors that led to different rooms. The tour eventually concluding at one of the crew bunch rooms.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Had the time to." He responded, accepting the glass and sinking into the offered chair. Felt good to sit. Not realizing that he could have had a ride from Forsi to Ostia was more than a bit irritating but he supposed the walk had been good for him. Blasted off the last of the rust, worked the weariness out of his limbs. Until he actually arrived at least. Now he was exhausted. But it was the exhaustion of exertion, not a general weariness like he'd felt in Ko-Wahi. "Had the fresh air to. Not sure exactly how much help it was."

"Got my head on straight." Krayn shrugged a little, idly vibrating the glass in his hand. Up and down the frequencies, looking for the one at which it resonated easily. Not to break it just for something to do. "But I haven't got any better idea what to do than before. That, at least, these problems make easy. If he really is back I've got to fight. Figuring out where and how, that's harder."

• Like 3

fK5oqYf.jpg