BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Muir (Akiri Renaka's Home, Po-Koro)

"Onu-Koro will assist most of all, I take it?" Muir's voice did not sound entirely approving, but neither was it a judgment - he had his own suspicions about Nuparu's recent change of heart, particularly given how it had allowed him to unofficially expand further into Po-Wahi. In business dealings, he always seemed to get more than he gave.

• Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

41 minutes ago, Umbraline Yumiwa said:

IC Stannis | Po-Koro, Renaka's pad

Satisfied that Renaka was comfortable for the other's presence, Stannis gently lifted the pot of coffee and poured it into Vrill's expectant cup. "I'm sure you'll find it the best cup of joe you've ever had," he said proudly.

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Akiri Renaka's House]

Vrill gave a slight nod of thanks to the Maru before he slinked back beside Muirtagh. He didn't need a Rode to know that Stannis wasn't lying - one sip was enough to confirm that the Po-Toa's barista skills were surprisingly proficient, although in Vrill's line of work, he had become quite acclimated to coffee of dubious quality. He gave the Maru a silent nod. #### fine cup of coffee.

Finding himself at a impromptu war council meeting, Vrill took the opportunity to remain silent as conversation swiftly moved past his identity. Fine by him - there was no rush in finishing the process of blowing his cover that he had intentionally started. Best to not interrupt now.

The Cy-Toa's audio receptors perked up at the mention of Stralix charges - it didn't take an engineer to tell why someone with the capability to manufacture the explosives would be intrigued by the possibility of finding an application for inordinate amounts of it. He wondered what Korzaa, or his new Akiri, would say if they were in this meeting. Would they support such an expedition? Was this mechanization of warfare Tarkahn's long play?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Renaka - Po-koro - Her House

IC: "That would be most appreciated, Toa Stannis. The more help we can get the better. Watchtowers will be of limited usefulness in the darkwalk but regular fortifications will be erected as we progress. they will act both as fallback points and protection against ambushes from the rear." One of the many documents on the desk in her office was a list of known rahkshi powers. Enough people had seen them in action both during the major attacks on the koros and inside of the darkwalks themselves for a few to be confirmed. It was by no means exhaustive but the simple fact that they were adept tunnelers told her not to treat the walls of their planned battleground as inviolable.

Her gaze turned towards Muir next. There was a fair amount of subtext in his statement and while she didn't exactly need his approval in the endeavor that did not mean that his insights should be turned away. "I expect the most aid to come from Onu-koro and Ta-koro, if we get any at all. Ko-koro is still rebuilding and in no shape to launch military expeditions. Le-koro fights in the air and Ga-koro fights on the water. The smaller settlements may send help but not in the numbers we require. Onu-koro is both adept at tunnel fighting and one of our largest trading partners. Plus, "She added with a wry smirk. "They always love showing off their latest products. We can make use of that."

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Ra'lhen - Po-Koro, Akiri Residence 

"I agree. The talents and minds of the other Koros should sought without question,” Ra’lhen said, “I remember those days immediately following the Makuta’s... departure. There are still old wounds from that time, but for Mata Nui’s sake we need to bury that. Bury it all, in my opinion” 

One may have noticed a very light hint of passion in Ra’lhen’s voice. It was true that the Toa of Lightning had grown tired of the infighting that the villages had fallen into and were, in many cases, still recovering from. It was one of the things that disappointed Ra’lhen the most out of Hewkii’s leadership, far more than his sometimes less-than-professional treatment of the Sentinel.  

“Perhaps I can talk with my commanding officer, and help set up a meeting with the people of Onu-Koro," Ra’lhen proposed, “I imagine they’ll want something in return, but I feel like we have much to share that will show them that we appreciate their amity” 

• Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

The Maru nodded. "I believe we're of the same mind, brother," he said. "Onu-Koro has been appealed to with promises of commerce all too heavily, but all too rarely beseeched to with sentiments of Unity and virtue. Sulov understands this the same way I do. He has no closeness with his akiri, but the Ussalry respects him greatly since he was one of their most beloved heroes. Now, I'm no diplomat, but in this situation I believe to be a rather effective envoy. Ra'lhen as well.

"The financial benefits Onu-Koro's merchant class will reap should be a side incentive—the cherry on top, not... the whole cake." He paused and made a concerned face, suddenly unsure of himself. "Do they even have cake in Onu-Koro? Or do they feast on mud pies?"

Edited by Umbraline Yumiwa

IC: Dehkaz [Tech Emporium]

"Excellent, if I'm not back by the time they're complete just have them sent to Sentinel HQ, same goes for Krayn's requests as well."

With their equipment, both those bought and those ordered, paid for the toa of Magnetism stepped out of the interior of the shop and onto the dusty streets of the koro of Stone once again. He took a moment to glance around, absently checking both his person and surroundings for weapons that he didn't bring with him and prying eyes that didn't exist in an old habit that he was finding rather difficult to break.

"I'm headed for headquarters," Dehkaz told Skyra, who was sounding like she was going to take a slight detour, "See if I can't run into the others along the way."

With a nod, Dehkaz began towards deeper into the stone-walled village itself.

• Like 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Muir (Akiri Renaka's Home, Po-Koro)

Muir held his tongue as Stannis' enigmatic companion, apparently named Ra'lhen, spoke. He had rather different thoughts on how to deal with past tensions - specifically, that those responsible should be held to account, rather than having their misdeeds buried. Burial, he had found, had two major flaws: the first was that what was buried seemed only rarely to stay that way, Truth forever finding new means to dig its way out into the light - bodies clandestinely hidden beneath the dirt would use winds, erosion, storms, earthquakes, anything that they could in order to be unearthed, and find justice in the world above.

The second was that the buried thing is only ever out of sight, not truly gone - even while invisible, that body will decompose, and in so doing fertilise the earth around it. Even unseen, that which is buried continues to have an effect. Only justice, and the revealing of Truth, could put the past to rest.

Still, there was no denying that Onu-Koro was best equipped to help - although he found Stannis' ideas that the financial incentive would merely be icing rather naïve. Onu-Koro would gladly offer help, because arms dealers always stood to benefit from war, and because the more the other villages relied on it, the more Onu-Koro would prosper.

"I believe they feast on whatever they desire. The years have been kind to them."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Renaka - Po-koro - Her House

IC: "My inclination was more to propose this as the first step in a multi-part plan. They help us to deal with our darkwalk and we would help them with theirs. There are six of those vile tunnels across the island. The more we can spread out the load the better. We can't rely on forces from other koros to remain behind after the initial push. So if we can figure out an agreement that allows them to still be involved in some way then it will be of immense help."

She nodded in thanks to Stannis and Ra'lhen. Muir might have been right about Stannis. The man was cautious with his information. Perhaps too cautious. There was no denying that lives had been lost as a result of that. There were several reasons that she hadn't made any moves regardless of those facts. One of the primary reasons was that the man was karz- useful. She needed someone with the power and knowledge of a Maru around to help out. Perhaps not to make important decisions but one could not deny the unique and useful skills that Stannis brought to the table.

"Consider yourselves deputized as temporary ambassadors. I authorize you to offer Onu-koro a mutual defense agreement in which both sides agree to help the other take control of their darkwalk. If additional incentives are required then you are also authorized to offer up to fifty thousand widgets to help Onu-koro outfit an expeditionary force."

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Dustpool Inn

“Alright-”

She went inside before the Toa of Fire could say much more. Datrox sighed, although a smile was on his Huna as he did it. Maybe Kohra was starting to regain some of her energy. And the Dustpool Inn was certainly better than any random food shack, that was for certain. He followed the Vortixx inside and sat down at a nearby table, gesturing for Kohra to join him.

“I’ve got the widgets. Whatever you need, I can cover it for you. No problem.”

He looked around the inn, at the other patrons enjoying their food and drink, and reclined in his chair. “So, what looks good to you?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Ra'lhen - Po-Koro, Akiri Residence 

The Toa nodded graciously. 

"It will be my pleasure to help broker this agreement," Ra'lhen said to the Akiri. Though part of him was always apprehensive about visiting the other villages, he felt better now with his new armor, and with Stannis being there and likely drawing the bigger crowd. It was an advantage that Ra'lhen distinctly lacked back in Ostia, where the Ra'lhen's presence and service worked as yet another seedy tale that was spread through the alleys and docks -- a tale of an ex-Makuta servant among their ranks. 

It was why life in Ostia had not always been pleasant, especially at the hands of the other Sentinels. 

But it probably made Hewkii's life easier when he was in charge. 

"I'm hoping that the Onu-Koronans will be cooperative," Ra'lhen said, "They are prosperous, yes. But some of that protection comes thanks to Sentinels, whose presence has helped keep potential problems from spreading westward to Onu-Koro"

He looked at Stannis and the others expectantly. He was ready whenever they were. 

• Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi

Although Greed himself had selected Nikarra for his society of sinners, she was a woman of many virtues. A predilection towards honesty was one of them, for good or for ill. In days of old, and with another person, I would have pushed hard upon the issue, demanded answers. But now, and with her.... My hand still twitched though, a momentary impulse to clutch her fingers and hold them, as she had once done for me. But it would have been foolish, childish. I restrained myself.

"I see," I said. "I've heard that the Po-Wahi coast is wonderful this time of year."

For a moment, I indulged in the fantasy of the two of us upon a sun-drenched beach together somewhere, watching slip beneath the horizon into night.

"It is... good to see you again, Nikarra," I continued. "It is good to hear... that you're... well."

But it must have been too late for such things. To try, to ask -- that would be the ultimate humiliation, yet another flaying at the hands of Sloth, another little death by her touch. Like I restrained my hand, I tried to restrain my soul as well. But I found myself unable to stop, caught in the gravity of the act -- as a stream must always lead to the ocean, as sparks upon wood must grow to a flame, as stories must inevitably reach their climax.

"As it happens," I said, "I'm also headed to find water. Perhaps I could... accompany you."

Reader, I could not help it. As always, Nikarra was simply too good at drawing out a climax from me.

OOC: @Goose

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Skyra Daring - Tech Emporium - Po-koro -

"Sure thing Dehkaz, I'll catch up with you and the others later." I said with a wave as the other Toa left.

I paid for my pistols and acquired the wrist grapple that Dehkaz had bought for me. "Alright Farzan, just let me know whenever you're ready to have me test those prototypes. I'll be uh, wherever the Fowadi is probably..." Come to think of it, I had no Idea where I'd be or how he'd get into contact with me once it was ready...well I was sure he'd figure out something. "...anyway bye!" 

As I headed for the door I glanced at the Matoran trapper...what was her name again? Hmmm, she never said come to think of it. "I'll be just outside. Once you're done here just come get me and we'll go see your lion." With that I headed out, putting the wrist grapple on as I did. I was kind of eager to try it out, I'd seen some members of the Gukko Force pull off some pretty fancy stunts with these, made me wonder what I could pull off with it.

@Geardirector @sunflower @ARROW404

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nikarra (The Iron Mahi)

A wry smile crept across Nikarra's face, starting at her eyes and working its way down. For a moment, the guilt and the concern of seeing Vy like this was washed away in the face of the fact that her awkward fumbling was, like.

Well, it was a little bit adorable.

It was a lot adorable.

"Can't see a reason why not," Nikarra replied, as her smile broke into a grin. Vy was shy. "Can't say I took you for a beach girl."

A shrinking Vyolet.

Oh my god, that was such a dumb joke.

Now that she'd started smiling, she struggled to stop - the closest she got was still only barely restrained, threatening to break loose anytime she looked Vyartha in the eyes. God, I've missed you.

OOC: @Void Emissary

Edited by Goose
  • Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

8 hours ago, Snelly said:

As I headed for the door I glanced at the Matoran trapper...what was her name again? Hmmm, she never said come to think of it. "I'll be just outside. Once you're done here just come get me and we'll go see your lion." With that I headed out, putting the wrist grapple on as I did. I was kind of eager to try it out, I'd seen some members of the Gukko Force pull off some pretty fancy stunts with these, made me wonder what I could pull off with it.

IC: Lumune

Paying for her bits and bobs was quick and cheap- being able to build your own "tech" tended to save money, after all. A rare smile on her Kaukau, she stepped outside soon after the Toa did. "I'm Lumune, by the way. One of Po-Koro's Rahi trappers," she introduced herself as she approached. "Thanks for your help." She trusted the Toa of Air to keep Idas a secret if need be. From what she had seen, she was of the carefree, fun-loving sort. Not the kind to send poachers after a unique Rahi. Of course, Lumune's social skills weren't exactly well-polished, but that was the impression she god.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Skyra Daring - Po-koro -

I stopped playing with my wrist grapple as Lumune introduced herself. "No problem. I'm Skyra Daring, Toa of Air." I stretched my limbs a bit, I suppose I had been standing at that counter for a bit. 

"Well I'm ready to see this big kitty! It's a shame I don't have my Kahu with me, but she's all the way in Ostia right now." While it was possible to try and summon her with my flute, I didn't really want to make Destiny fly all the way there for no particular reason. 

@ARROW404

Edited by Snelly

IC:

Dorian's gaze clung searchingly to Praggos, watching him for some telltale sign of betrayal or admonishment that always seemed to come from senior figures. When none came, he reached over with a fist and punched the doctor on the shoulder that had once been Marked with contempt.

"I've never really thanked you for ev-ery...thing..."

They had both stopped to watch a pillow, its fluffy surface marred with twin knives, plunge from the top floor of the Dustpool into the sands. Marred with sweat, dirt, and...um, drool? Wet spots - the pillow gazed up at the two Toa with a smug, boyish rictus that belied its grievous wounds. DON'T I JUST LOOK A-DORABLE? the body on the pillow's surface crowed in a speech bubble, printed to the right of its face. Praggos started to chortle as Dorian's gaze drifted up to the window, then back down to stare at it.

"Oh, no," he muttered sadly, as though he had watched a young sloth plummet to its death. Praggos' chuckles grew louder, a little stronger. Dor shot him a sullen look and scooped up the mortally wounded body pillow, carrying it a few steps forward to the alley between the Dustpool and a blacksmith. One Dorian Shaddix propped another up against the building, pulling the knives from his wounded body - after all, the pillow was far beyond any danger of bleeding out - and setting them at his inked-on hands. He produced a cigarette and tucked it inside the top of the pillow's case. His fingers clutched the lighter that had once belonged to Joske Nimil, as a reminder of the fire he'd lost. Dor kept it for similar reasons.

"Here, suck on this, soldier," he murmured. "And rest. I know how hard you fought." He lit a second for himself, and the two himbos shared a respectful final moment together.

DON'T I JUST LOOK A-DORABLE? the pillow quipped, brave in the face of dusty oblivion and future scavengers.

"Yeah. Yeah, of course you do." Dor scooched the knives closer to the pillow's sides and stood to rejoin Praggos. He had shoved one hand into his pocket grumpily and flicked his cigarette to the ground with the other. As they began their walk to the bazaar in earnest, the smile gone from Praggos' face for some reason, Dor made sure to dig his boot over the cigarette, burying it in the sand.

"I don't know why anyone had to do that," he grumbled. "It wasn't the pillow that hurt anybody."

-Tyler

• Like 9

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

On 11/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, Geardirector said:

IC: Farzan (Tech Emporium)

I nodded in response to Jokaro, muttering a quick "you got it," in response to him, "I'm just keeping an eye on our customer ring"

I made my way back to the counter, and approached Skyra once again.

"I have consulted with my colleague, and I'm not going to kiss and tell too much, but I'll tell you this. We're developing some stuff that we're very soon going to be putting through its paces to make sure its in tip-top shape. If you can agree to come here and handle our prototypes here on the premises, then we can talk about maybe reserving you a copy free of charge when it's ready to go."

OOC: @Snelly @Perp @Krayzikk @ARROW404 @sunflower

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

“If you can agree to come here and handle our prototypes here on the premises, then we can talk about maybe reserving you a copy free of charge when it's ready to go."

“...then we can talk about maybe reserving you a copy free of charge when it's ready to go."

“...free of charge when it's ready to go."

“...free of charge..."

• Like 3

On 12/5/2021 at 4:21 PM, Snelly said:

I stopped playing with my wrist grapple as Lumune introduced herself. "No problem. I'm Skyra Daring, Toa of Air." I stretched my limbs a bit, I suppose I had been standing at that counter for a bit. 

"Well I'm ready to see this big kitty! It's a shame I don't have my Kahu with me, but she's all the way in Ostia right now." While it was possible to try and summon her with my flute, I didn't really want to make Destiny fly all the way there for no particular reason. 

IC: Lumune - Main Street

She gestured toward the town entrance. "I left him around the canyon wall a ways, guarding my stuff," she explained, starting to walk. "A Kahu is a bird, right?" she asked, making herself start a conversation.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

19 hours ago, Snelly said:

I put my hands behind my head as we walked. "Yeah that's right. They're a bit faster and tougher than Gukko birds." 

@ARROW404

IC: Lumune - Po-Koro streets

"I don't really know anything about Gukko birds either," Lumune admitted. "I've caught plenty of Dikapi, and snared some other desert-dwelling birds, but Le-Wahi is a pretty long ways away."

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

"Ah." Sometimes I forgot how much denser life was in Le-Wahi compared to most other regions on Mata Nui. I'd lived in Le-koro for most of my life so I supposed I was simply used to it. 

"Le-Wahi is quite a bit different than here, that's for sure. Po-Wahi is hot and open, while Le-Wahi is hot and densely packed with life. Only way to get a good view of the sky in Le-Wahi is to fly above the trees to be honest." 

@ARROW404

Edited by Snelly

My own expression was as controlled as ever. Although it would have been nice to engage openly in sentimentality -- a sparkling vulnerability -- I knew that I could not. Do not forget, dear reader, that I was once wounded enough by the theft of a mere letter from my abodes that I rendered the thief-master little more than pulp. And, although I assure you that vengeance did not dwell in my heart for Nikarra, it cannot be denied that she stole something much dearer to me than a letter when she left last. To allow her to take something else now... it would not do to lower my guard too much. To become too comfortable with her presence.

"The shores of Ta-Wahi were never without their charms," I said, tilting my head to gaze at the window and at the passing landscape. "You never struck me as a woman of the desert."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

Nikarra’s smile was petrified. It stayed put still, but too still, all the feeling behind it turned to stone. Her eyes were drawn back to the window, or, more truthfully, were repelled from Vyartha - that was the trouble with that kind of magnetism; line it up wrong, and it'll push just as hard as it pulls.

“I’m not. I usually just… come out here when I want to be lost, I guess.” The fact that she’d felt drawn to Po-Wahi after losing Dor, same as after leaving Vy, same as after Malik - if he was Malik - had shattered her faith in Dor before, well, it wasn’t lost on her. “I’ve been all over Mata Nui, and nowhere else feels as… distant. Ko is lonely, sure, but it’s like, a contemplative kind of lonely; here, it’s just… desolate.”

Her gaze found its way back into the carriage, this time focused on the sloth she still held in her hands. She felt self-conscious, suddenly - even a little embarrassed. “I have an apartment here, so, I picked some stuff up. My guitar.”

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

It was then that I realized how tightly the fingers of my right hand were gripping the armrest of my seat. Whatever Nikarra had told me of her past had been sparse and carefully-worded -- and I presumed that there would be time enough to pry further in at a later date, when... emotions had not run as hot. My previous desire for hedonism, since scoured away from me in the darkness of an inn room, had left me ignorant. Was this now the time to correct past mistakes?

"I... did not know you played," I said, slowly, the words thick and awkward in my throat. "Guitar, I mean."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

"I… yeah." Nikarra couldn't quite shake the feeling that some kind of boundary had been crossed - she'd kept her life before the Daedra pretty compartmentalised, so this was something of a breach, allowing one life to leak into another.

But then, she supposed, that was already done. The moment she told Vy her name - her real name - the walls between those lives had started to crack. Telling Dor she'd been in the Daedra was a blow as well, but nothing caused quite as much damage as the simple fact that she was still thinking about Vyartha, long after leaving. And here she is.

She’d imagined it so many times - imagined this, imagined what it would be like to see Vyartha again. There was a time when she thought of it just about everywhere she went - Nikarra knew better than most that this was a small island, after all. In her mind’s eye, Vy had been the same woman she had left: haughty, self-assured, with mischief in her eyes and a penchant for theatricality. Maybe it was fitting, then, that when she boarded the Mahi, bumping into Vy was just about the furthest thing from her mind.

Weirdly enough, the guitar had actually come up in quite a few of those scenarios.

“I didn’t, for a few years. Picked it back up recently.” Because it was a better outlet than beating my fists to a bloody pulp. Her knuckles were still tender - bruising didn’t show too well on purple, so that at least was hard to notice. “I’m still rusty, but I wanted to take it with me, to… wherever I’m going.”

She hadn’t thought much further than Forsi, in all honesty. She just wanted to see the sea.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

On 12/7/2021 at 8:48 PM, Snelly said:

"Ah." Sometimes I forgot how much denser life was in Le-Wahi compared to most other regions on Mata Nui. I'd lived in Le-koro for most of my life so I supposed I was simply used to it. 

"Le-Wahi is quite a bit different than here, that's for sure. Po-Wahi is hot and open, while Le-Wahi is hot and densely packed with life. Only way to get a good view of the sky in Le-Wahi is to fly above the trees to be honest." 

@ARROW404

IC: Lumune - Po-Koro

"Flying sounds interesting," she mused. They turned a corner, the main gate coming into view. She chuckled, "I've always wondered what it would be like to stand on top of that," she said, indicating Po-Koro's iconic boulder, stuck between the rising stone spires above the entrance. "And I'd imagine it must be more practical than walking. No tripping on stones or such. And you fly on the back of your... Kahu?"

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

"Yep, her name is Destiny, and we fly together practically every day..." I said as I looked up at Po-koro's iconic boulder, starting to wonder myself what it would be like to stand on top of it myself...

...well, there was only one way to find out. 

"One second, I need to try something..." Before Lumune could so much as question what I was talking about I had bolted into a sprint as I got closer to the gate I jumped, using a tiny bit of my elemental power to boost myself. Then I raised my right arm and fired the grapple attached to it, it was time to see what this baby could do. 

The grapple successfully hooked to the top of the gate, the force of the cable as it started to reel back into the device took me by surprised as I found myself being pulled up rapidly. "Woah!"

I pulled myself up the rest of the way onto the top of the gate as I reached it, standing up as I looked up towards the stone spires still above me. "Wow that's still pretty high up even from here. Probably not gonna be able to get up there from here, even with this grapple..." 

Not to say I wouldn't be willing to give it a shot anyway, what's the worst that could happen? 

@ARROW404

• Like 2

Po-Koro

IC: As Skyra looked around the top of the boulder something out of place caught her eye. Something had been carved into the side of one of the stone spires holding the rock up.

"This area off limits by order of the Sentinels"

Several pieces of graffiti had been carved into the stone around the warning. Most of them were declarations of success such as "JT was here." A few sections of the rock looked unnaturally smooth as if a Po-Toa had used their abilities to clear the section. What had been cleared away she could only guess. If she looked a little harder she might have noticed the pole of wood that seemed to have been set into a hole in the gate rock itself. It was broken off quite close to the base and if the sand and wind wear on it were any indication the damage had happened some time ago.

• Like 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On 12/11/2021 at 6:32 PM, Snelly said:

IC: Lumune

The trapper whistled lowly. "Maybe I ought to get myself one of those," she muttered to herself. A part of her wished the Toa had nabbed her for the ride. Another part was glad she hadn't. She was no Onu-Matoran, but the folks of Po-Koro weren't really known for a love of heights either.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

"I... didn't know," was all that I could say -- an insipid repetition. "What...."

What happened before us? What happened after us? What drives you from place to place like this? What must I do to follow you? What must I do to keep you from leaving me again? It was all so insipid. All so stupid. I was Vyartha Vena, the Pride of the New Daedra -- and I wasn't-- I couldn't-- Nikarra would leave if I kept being stupid.

"What... should I do to get you to play?" was all I could say. "Now. On your guitar."

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

Nikarra blinked.

I- what? Holy #####, what? Hahahahahahahahoh my god, what the f"Uhhhhhhh..."

She blinked again.

Dumbfounded, perhaps, was the best word - Nikarra's eyes were wide and her mouth, she realised, was hanging ever so slightly open. Slackjawed. It was a kind of delighted, disorientated shock.

She blinked again, and this time actually seemed to overcome the bewildered fog for a moment - judging by the smirk on her face, and the way the look in her eyes morphed from incredulity to a mischievous, if still completely and utterly confused, gleam. "Well, for starters, you could always ask politely."

Stupefied - there was the word.

I'll take words I never expected to hear out of Vyartha's mouth for ten, Alex.

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I ended up climbing to the top after all. Between my natural affinity for climbing and my grapple it was more than manageable. I surveyed Po-koro from the top of the boulder before nodding in satisfaction and pulling out a knife as I scratched something into the rock. 

Beat you here, loser. - Sky. There, that would cover pretty much any of my friends if they ever decided to make the climb as well. I glanced down as I spotted Lumune far down below...oh right I was suppose to be going to see her lion...whoops. 

With that I leaped off the rock. As I fell I quickly used my elemental powers to create a gust of wind strong enough to slow my fall, and once my feet hit the ground I did a quick roll before jumping back up to my feet in front of Lumune. 

"Sorry about that, got a bit distracted. Let's go!" 

@ARROW404

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

Kale Ironshaper - Po-wahi - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: It was a tempting offer. Much of the rest of the crew was already going out but they also had a lot of other things to do. At the same time it was his duty to make sure that the ship kept running whenever Dehkaz wasn't around. Although now that the young man thought about it, their captain's extensive absences had often required him to leave the ship to even more junior officers quite often.

"Did you have any leads in mind? Stannis is supposed to currently be in town but who knows when that will change."

• Like 1

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On 12/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, Silvan Haven said:

"Consider yourselves deputized as temporary ambassadors. I authorize you to offer Onu-koro a mutual defense agreement in which both sides agree to help the other take control of their darkwalk. If additional incentives are required then you are also authorized to offer up to fifty thousand widgets to help Onu-koro outfit an expeditionary force."

On 12/4/2021 at 4:40 PM, Emzee said:

"I'm hoping that the Onu-Koronans will be cooperative," Ra'lhen said, "They are prosperous, yes. But some of that protection comes thanks to Sentinels, whose presence has helped keep potential problems from spreading westward to Onu-Koro." He looked at Stannis and the others expectantly. He was ready whenever they were. 

Stannis had been called many things by an equally diverse cast of people—from ally and friend to Guardsman Warrant Officer 1st Class and town camerlengo, and from Wanderer to prophet, to Toa Maru and guardian of Po-Koro—but never had been been called 'ambassador.' His jawline softened as a fissure of a smile grew on his face and the crows feet returned at the sides of his eyes. It was like seeing a villager who'd just won a toy Sentinels badge at the Naming Day fair and was ready to help arrest some Makuta followers as a ridealong. Honorary or not, any sort of designation such as this would have been utterly unheard of from Hewkii when he was akiri, and Stannis felt honored and humbled by the assignment of a temporary ambassadorship for the akiri. In his experience, seldom did his suggestions get heeded, even the earnest ones, although once pressed he would also admit that the reticence was somewhat warranted, so it was the akiri's boon of trust that he treasured most of the moment. 

"I hope I return with aid and good news," he said to Renaka. The joy of promotion soon faded, however, and his characteristic studious melancholy expression returned as the weight of the Dark Walk's persistent threat loomed overhead once again. It needed to be sealed in some fashion and at the moment he was responsible for the next stage of its fortification, so with his solemn pledge he downed the rest of his coffee, calmly set his mug down, and rose to his feet.

He looked at the others present, at Ra'lhen and the akiri but also Muir and the stranger he'd brought. The lawyer's client, Muir had said. Renaka had asked for a name earlier, and while the question was spoken at Muir Stannis noticed that the question was not directed to Muir. Without a doubt, Renaka knew who Muir was—she was too much of an information hound for her not to know the of detective or his business—but the visitor? He was an unknown. Renaka did not like unknowns. No, Stannis was very certain she'd been trying to devise the guest's name from Muirtagh. "And what's your name?" he asked, hand outstretched for what would function as both greeting and farewell. 

"Vrill," Vrill lied with finesse after his mug lowered from his face. He swiftly passed the quartz container to his left hand to free up his right to complete the Maru's handshake. 

They exchanged grips according to the gesture. "Well met, Vrill. I knew a Cy-Matoran once, and I was was saved by a toa like you as well. They were both very honorable men, as I sense you are as well."

"Thank you." Vrill nodded. "I can believe it. Crystal elementals tend to have a bit more... structure and order," he ironically mused. "Or so I've been told."

"Indeed, the metaphor stacks well. We'll meet again, I'm sure of it."

He looked back at Akiri Renaka once more and paused. He wanted to say more, to speak with the administrator at length and in privacy, to divulge to her what she wanted to know, needed to know, about the Maru's mission and the secrets of the island. He wished to explain to her what exactly Stannis Maru was capable of doing, had done, and quite possibly would do again. She needed to know how much power Stannis possessed and how he wielded that power with a mixture of cautious awe and stubborn precision, and... most importantly, that he was sorry. He needed to have that outlet of the grief and frustration the Wanderer had been keeping close to his heartlight all along. He could share this with his brothers and sister, but they were not representatives of the matoran collective any more than he was; that apology needed to be given to an akiri, his akiri. The earnestness made plain in his damnably grey eyes were not missed by the attentive matoran, of that he was sure. 

It dawned on the wizardly man just how much he liked this Renaka Lichtgeist. She'd do well whipping Po-Koro into shape and he wanted her to know that he would have her back every step of the way. But not now, not in company who had overtaken the meeting's agenda. This conversation would have to transpire upon his return. All the more reason for him to come back with a good report. 

He nodded once, dismissing himself from the meeting. "We should go."

And he was out the door. 

@Goose @Emzee @BULiK @Silvan Haven

• Like 2

IC: Wiremu (Po-Koro)

The carriage ride through the desert was about as unpleasant as Wiremu had expected, but he was dealing with it.

The harsh sunlight was the worst part. He doubted the wisdom of Midak's advice to catch as much as he had a chance to. The way it was reflecting off of the endless sand dunes forced him to blink or shield his eyes to avoid seeing nothing but featureless, blinding white. It was a good thing he wasn't the one driving.

"Uhm, excuse me, but how do you manage in this... this light?" he wanted to know of the Cart driver, who gave the engineer a most unhelpful shrug.

"Ye get used to it. It'll take a while for your eyes to adjust, but it shouldn't be such a bother long as you don't let the sun stare ya down"

Wiremu was endlessly pleased when the gate to Po-Koro appeared on the horizon. He couldn't remember the last time he had left Onu-Koro, let alone travelled to another of the island's villages. Wasn't much "village" left nowadays.

Well inside, Wiremu was soon put in contact with a representative of the Akiri, and a bit of a surprise for him.

"We've gotten you a hut close by to an establishment maintained by some of our own brighter minds. We're sure if you want to find somewhere to keep your mind engaged, that'll do you fine"

Wiremu nodded in pleasant surprise. That sounded a lot better already. Someone to have some constructive, original work of his own to do in-between this "teaching" assignment he was supposed to get a handle on. Maybe he could learn about something new that Nuparu could use in Onu-Koro as well. Wiremu spent a few moments getting settled into his dimly-lit new hut (thank the Great Spirit), and afterwards, he began his walk down the street towards the "Tech Emporium" he had been instructed to look for.

OOC: @Perp

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro, Technology Emporium

That old familiar feeling welled up in Jokaro’s chest as he tightened down this last screw - that anxious tingle that always signaled the completion of a project, however infrequent such an occasion might ultimately have been. At last, he set down the screwdriver and pulled the goggles off his forehead, tossing them unceremoniously onto the workbench behind his newest creation. Letting out a long, ragged breath - he’d become thirsty again - the Po-Matoran slumped in his seat and rubbed the soreness from his fingers, whilst admiring the completed contraption he’d spent the whole day putting together.

God, he just hoped that it wouldn’t explode like the last prototype. At least this time, it didn’t look like shіt.

It was right about then that he noticed just how quiet the shop had become - he assumed the customers Farzan had been serving had all left while he was concentrated on getting the V2 prototype prepped and lamenting over the prospect of not being paid. After a few moments of pure, unbroken silence, Jokaro laced his fingers behind his head and slouched back even further, closing his eyes for a quick spot of rest. Not even a minute had gone by when he heard the door chime again and heard the shuffle of footsteps, followed by the sound of his own resigned sigh.

Rest can come later, I guess.

Lazily, he pulled himself out of his seat and meandered over to the doorway to the front of the shop, peeking his head through. He hoped the Fa-Matoran hadn’t wandered off again.

“Farzan?” he called, “Prototype is finished.”

On 12/14/2021 at 11:01 PM, Snelly said:

"Sorry about that, got a bit distracted. Let's go!" 

IC: Lumune - Po-Koro entrance

The Po-Matoran uttered a little involuntary noise of mingled awe and intimidation. That was no small height the Toa had just jumped from! "Have you always been a Toa?" she asked as they stepped into the shade of the entry tunnel.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Hmmm...when did I become a Toa again? "I wasn't always a Toa, but it feels like a lifetime ago since I became one." It sort of happened out of the blue one day when I was just doing Gukko Force stuff. 

"I don't know if it really was destiny or just a happy accident, but either way the life of a Toa suits me just fine." 

@ARROW404

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, Dustpool Inn]

Compared to othe scorching heat and blinding sun outside, the inside of the inn was wonderfully temperate and dim. To which the Vortixx adjusted surprisingly quickly, she only blinked a few times before her eyes had gotten rid of the lingering bright spots. She definitely felt more comfortable already, though just as that realization hit, she swayed a bit. Okay, so she still wasn’t steady on her feet and…someone was looking at her.

She paused, blinked again and finally really saw the Matoran behind the counter staring at her intently, his expression a mixture between expectant and annoyed.

“I said: what can I do for ya?”

She hadn’t even heard the question the first time and glanced around, thankfully spotting Datrox, sitting down at a nearby table.

“I’ve got the widgets. Whatever you need, I can cover it for you. No problem.” The Ta-Toa said.

“Uh thank you, that’s very kind, I…just a sec.” She said - addressing both her companion and the innkeeper - flustered and still caught a bit off guard. She quickly looked over to the menu written on a nearby blackboard. Most of what was listed she didn’t know, but then she saw an item listed as ‘brunch platter for two’. Figuring Datrox should get something as well if he was already offering to pay, she pointed at the blackboard and looked at the Matoran again. “Can I have that?”

“The platter?”

“Uh-huh.”

The innkeeper shrugged and pulled out a notepad. “Sure. And to drink?”

The Vortixx felt like she was zoning out again, she hadn’t thought that far ahead.

“Just…water?” She replied, sounding unsure, then quickly added: “For me and him. The Toa.”

“Alright.”

The Matoran turned and went to take care of their order, while Kohra made her way over to where Datrox was sitting, and slunk her way onto the bench across from the him. 

“I’ve…got no idea what’s in this platter. But it’s for two, so…hope that’s okay?”

OOC: @Tarn

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png