BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro Technology Emporium

Well. That’s not Farzan. Where had the son of a brakas run off to now?

For a moment, Jokaro said nothing, staring at Wiremu’s face, his (figurative) cogs in his head turning as he processed the implications of the words delivered by this… attaché. Another moment of two heads peeking at each other from behind separate door jambs in silence would have been perhaps too awkward, so the Po-Matoran broke the silence, clearing his throat.

“Inventor - singular, it seems, for the moment. I’ve no idea where my associate is right now. He was just here a second ago…” Jokaro trailed off as he stepped out into the front area of the shop, beckoning the other Matoran inside with a gesture.

“First I’ve heard of any such agreement between Po and Onu. Then again, I only did get back in this morning. Wiremu, you said your name was?"

___ __ _

IC: Ember - Fore Fowadi Fighting Top

High above the deck of the Fowadi, there began to drift downwards a melody - at first a pair of voices in unison, and soon followed by another. And another. And another. True to her word, the old Ta-Matoran sailor had been rallying the Sentinels of the Fowadi to work re-rigging most of the linework that the relatively less-experienced sailors had mired the ironclad in. A funny thought - a Ta-Koro Guardswoman teaching Po-Koro Sentinels how to run line like a Ga-Koro Marine.

Like trying to get water from a stone! She wasn’t often one for puns, but a wry grin did in fact manifest on her face as the expression wormed its way into her conscious. What truly satisfied her was the feel of rope under her palms, the euphoric swaying back and forth as the docked ship was buffeted by the soft waves of the bay… Even at her age, there was something fundamental that had always stayed with her, pulled her out to sea; a restlessness that she might’ve called ‘destiny’ had she believed in such a thing. Warmth, not just radiating from the unclouded sun above, washed itself over her face as her blood began pumping and anxious excitement tied knots in her chest. Knots…

The Sentinels could tie them just fine, it was the rigging that was sloppy, and slowly getting tighter as more and more of them took up the work. It was clear some of them had sea legs and others less so, so the work continued haphazardly and at an uneven pace. Another thought crept into her mind, a memory from long ago. It was of a tune etched into her brain from years on the ocean, and the accompanying lyrics would never be forgotten. Ember turned to the pair of Matoran affixing a block next to her - noting that they were among the ones observed to have more experience - and queried them about their knowledge of the song. Exchanging a quick glance between themselves, they nodded at the old Ta-Matoran, affirming their familiarity with it. And now Ember really did grin, ear to ear, those knots in her chest wringing themselves tighter and tighter until she took in a deep breath and began to belt out those familiar lyrics.

“O break the waves, toss the nets, and fill yer lungs with air

About the seas, the likes o’ me would naught be caught awhere

The lubbers stand upon the sand and beat the drums o’ war

Till Ol’ Takea pulls to port and brings me back ashore!”

The two Matoran up near the fighting top with her joined in as she sung the chorus:

“Oh-woah, bring the Ol’ Takea ‘round

Oh-woah, bring the Ol’ Takea ‘round

Till she brings me back a-shore!”

This was the melody that drifted down from above, settling on the ears of the Sentinel sailors stringing up line and running tackles and milling about on deck. The singing grew ever louder as those who knew the shanty joined their voices into the chorus. Ember herself began to climb down so that those both above and below could hear the verse.

“The Longshoreman, he told us that the lads had gone to war

The Galleons were gone by now; they’d left the morn a’fore

They brought aboard the cannons and set them five abreast

Now Ol’ Takea, hoist the colors - we’re fightin’ with the rest!”

“Oh-woah, bring the Ol’ Takea ‘round

Till she brings me back a-shore!”

Edited by Perp
:^)
  • Like 5

IC (Lohkar) 

Lohkar woke with a start. Rather than the comfort of his hammock, he found himself slumped in his chair. Must've fallen asleep at the chart table.

The shutter of the lightstone lantern that hung from the ceiling had come loose, and was swinging gently back and forth, throwing more shadow than light across the walls of the captain's cabin. Its yellow glow swept slowly around the room like the beam of an erratic lighthouse. In contrast, calm silvery moonlight poured through the windows at the cabin's rear.

The Lesterin heaved himself upright and groggily set about shuttering the lantern properly so he could get back to sleep, but something made him pause. He glanced down at the Magic Map (he really would have to think of a better name for the thing) still fastened to the chart table. It was blank. He frowned. Did it usually do that? For some reason he couldn't remember.

He turned slowly. The moonlight coming through the windows really was bright. There was something otherworldly about it. He noticed there seemed to be a strange silence blanketing the ship. He could hear no voices of his crew nor any sound of activity on deck; even the creaking of the Infernavika's timbers and the sigh of the wind seemed quieter than usual. And then, ever so faintly, a distant bang, a strange crackle. Cannon fire? He wasn't sure.

The desire to go back to sleep was gone. On the contrary, he felt strangely awake, strangely...alive? He walked to the door, opened it, and strode out onto the moon-bathed deck. It was empty — no sign of Gunner, Yasurek, or any other crewmembers. Surely somebody should've been on night watch, but there was nobody on deck, nobody in the rigging, nobody at the wheel. And yet the ship was sailing, straight and true, on a gentle wind across a calm sea. None of the lanterns were lit, but he could see just fine: the moon loomed huge in the sky. Was it usually that big? That, too, he found he couldn't remember. But these worries slid quickly out of his mind, as he found his gaze drawn to the fore of the ship, the direction from which those strange distant sounds were coming.

There was an island ahead. The sight of it was strange, and yet...he knew it.

It was a mountain isle, rising from the sea in a rough triangle, its peak shining with moonlit snow. The mountain's slopes were cloaked in forests of tall trees, its feet lined with mossy cliffs and gleaming beaches. The Infernavika was sailing towards a huge cutaway bowl-shape in the cliffs, a natural harbour nestling a sprawling city, glittering with lights. Towers, archways, awnings, all aglow with firelight and stonelight and a million lanterns of every colour. Ships lay in the harbour — not the strange angular designs of the Mata Nuians or the squat, brutish vessels of the Skakdi, but ships like the 'Vika: tall, sleek, built from rich red timber. Above the terracotta rooftops, fireworks were exploding in showers of green and gold.

He knew this place. The recognition of it set his heart ablaze.

It was home.

Lohkar woke with a start. He found himself slumped in his chair; must've fallen asleep at the chart table.

He heaved himself upright. He felt different from usual somehow, as though there was something in his head that hadn't been there before. He had the vague sense that he'd been dreaming of something, but he couldn't remember what.

The warm light of dawn was beginning to creep through the windows, spilling across the chart table. He glanced down at the Magic Map. It was blank — wait, no, not quite blank. The compass rose in the corner was there, and in the field of the chart proper (where before there had only ever been the horned shape of Mata Nui) there lay three small dots: one east, one west, one north, forming a rough triangle. As he stared at that mysterious paper, words began to form near them as through written by some unseen hand.

By the point in the west, beside which a small stylised ship had appeared: :m::a::t::a:  :n::u::i:

By the one in the east: :k::e::n::t::m_o::k::u:

And finally, in the north: :z::a::k::a::z:

The memory of the dream surged to the surface of his mind, and with it came the other memories — the real memories. As he began to process them, to realise what they meant, Lohkar felt elation well up inside him. He had always known who he was, but where he came from, and the life he had led before unknown winds and tides carried him and his beloved Infernavika to Mata Nui's shores...these memories had been lost to him.

He reached out one finger to that northernmost dot, almost needing to check that it was really there and not some half-dreamed mirage. At his touch, the ink suddenly ran, spreading across the page as though he'd spilled water across it. He started back instinctively — but just as quickly, it coalesced into a familiar but long-absent shape: a ragged ring of land enclosing a central lake, crowned with mountains and cut with rivers. And just off that unforgiving coast: the curious little island that he had yearned for without even knowing that he yearned.

He stared fondly for a time, transfixed by this unexpected reunion with his past, until a realisation struck him. Tentatively, he brushed his finger against the words that stretched across the bottom of the map, marking the great expanse of water that encircled the two isles: :e::n::m_d::l::e::s::s:  :m_o::c::e::a::n:

The ink ran again, this time condensing back into those three dots, the westernmost marked with its tiny rendering of the Infernavika. Undulating lines began to trace across the space between, marking currents of wind and sea.

A wide grin spread across Lohkar's face. He was whole again. He had his past. He had the memory of his homeland. And most importantly — he had a heading.

He sprang to his feet, and strode to the door of his cabin and out onto the ship's deck. The morning sun was further over the horizon now, casting its glorious light across the 'Vika's sails and, far off to the west, the coast of Po-Wahi. 

"ALL RIGHT, MATES!" he roared. The pirate captain's usual demeanour was far from subdued, of course, but to his crew there was unmistakeably a new fire in his voice and on his face. "All hands on deck and make full sail for Ostia! We 'ave a real voyage to prepare!"

OOC: @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360 @Snelly and anybody else I'm forgetting

• Like 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Taleen - The Infernavika -

Taleen casually sharpened her daggers with a stone as Lohkar burst onto the deck and started barking orders. There was nothing particularly unusual about this per se, but there was a glint in the captain's eyes that the assassin hadn't noticed before.

Or was she a pirate now? Pirate...assassin? Assassin pirate? Eh whatever, semantics

Taleen was admittedly rather new to the crew compared to the rest of them. After she hitched a ride with a Maru and some others on the Infernavika to help liberate Ko-koro, she sort of just never left the ship. No one ever tried to make her leave and they took to treating her like one of the crew rather quickly. Funny that. 

Truth be told she had been curious to see how long it would take for them to say something about it or try to make her leave the ship. Though as the weeks rolled by she realized she'd become part of the crew somehow instead. Pirates were a weird bunch. 

Well whatever, being on a ship like this made it more difficult for potential enemies to track her down so she couldn't complain about that. Taleen finally looked up from her knife sharpening and glanced at Lohkar. 

"I see you slept well, captain." 

OOC: @Ghosthands @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Muir (Akiri Renaka's Home, Po-Koro)

Muir nodded. This confirmed some of his suspicions, and provided additional context to what little he knew of Hewkii’s misdeeds, most of it gleaned with his Rode.

“Fascists are good business for weapons dealers.” As is war, he thought, and knew that everyone else in the room thought it too. “Thank you for being so forthcoming, I greatly appreciate it. Such details are likely irrelevant, but the more facts I have at my disposal, the more equipped I am to ask the right questions.”

OOC: @Silvan Haven @BULiK

• Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Po-koro - Renaka's house - Renaka

IC: "And I am happy to provide that information as it pertains to your investigation."

She had made a public oath to be more transparent in her administration than her predecessor after all. One of the vast arrow of documents on her task pad was a new system for the bureaucracy through which people could put in official requests for records or information about certain topics. there were limits to the system of course. People wouldn't be able to look up things like current Sentinel numbers and deployment locations. On the whole though, she figured that people like the man in front of her would be satisfied with the end results.

"Is there anything else you wish to know?"

• Like 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

For the first time since Stannis and his enigmatic companion had left, Muir looked to Vrill, encouraging him to speak his mind if he had anything to add.

• Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

12 hours ago, Snelly said:

"I see you slept well, captain." 

IC (Lohkar) [The Infernavika]

"Best night of my life, luv," Lohkar replied with a wink. "An' I've spent one with a Vortixx girl."

He bounded up the steps of the aftcastle to stand beside the helm, overlooking the weather deck. The crew were busying themselves about the ropes and masts, some beginning to climb the rigging to unfurl more sails, but from the hushed atmosphere and constant glances in his direction it was clear they were expecting to hear what had their captain in such a state of excitement. Far be it for him to deny them.

"My friends," he declared, hands raised in an oratory pose, "as of last night, my memories 'ave returned to me! I now know the location of my homeland, the glittering isle of Seprilli, off the coast o' Zakaz. I sailed those waters from when I was just a lad, an' let me tell you: they are ripe with treasure an' adventure, for anyone brave enough to take 'em!

"Oh, Mata Nui's a nice place, to be sure. But for a man such as meself, it becomes a little too nice. Truth is, I'm goin' soft out here, mates. Fightin' Rahkshi an' cultists is all well an' good, but I am an' always will be a thief, a scoundrel, an' a pirate. I need to go back where I belong! An' so, as soon as the 'Vika is ready, I will be settin' sail with all haste for the place they call the End of all Worlds.

"Now, I do not expect all of you to share my enthusiasm for such a voyage. Nor would I demand that any of you go to such perilous lands unwillingly. So to any who do not wish to come, let us part ways at Ostia, an' I shall bid you the fondest of farewells. But to those that will join me, I promise you all the prizes an' plunder you could ever want, upon the Sea o' Zakaz!"

He threw his arms wide.

"Whaddya say?"

A cheer of genuine enthusiasm but somewhat underwhelming volume rose from most of the crew. Lohkar frowned. It occurred to him that the 'Vika was a little understaffed these days. A few new people had joined them after the Battle of Ko-Koro, but that didn't quite offset the general attrition of crewmembers over the past months and years.

"All right, we'll pick up some recruits at Ostia — and some payin' passengers, come to think of it — an' make all the necessary preparations to get underway. Then, my friends...Zakaz awaits!"

He stood silent for a moment, with all eyes still on him, and clearly caught up in the drama of his own speech. Then he seemed to snap out of it, and waved his hands in a chivvying motion.

"Well, snap to it then, ya swabs! We 'aven't got all day!"

OOC: @Snelly @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360

• Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Akiri Renaka's Home]

While he may have looked almost bored or aloof, as soon as the Cy-Toa was referred to, without skipping a beat or pausing for deliberation, he uncrossed his arms and extended one towards the Akiri for a handshake.

"Thank you for your time, Akiri."

Despite the Ko-Koronan operative feeling above the law at times, he was by all means a professional.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On 1/10/2022 at 6:29 PM, Emzee said:

"Yes... I believe it was," Ra'lhen answered, trying really hard to remember that guy's name, "Koran... Korilo... Kalaro... don't worry it'll come to me"

With that, Ra'lhen nodded, showing he was ready to leave. He followed Stannis to where the Ussal taxis were waiting for their patronage. The Lightning Toa tried to remember the last time I rode on such animals. It may very well have been before he'd even become a Toa... an archaic time in his life that was becoming blurrier by the week.

IC Stannis | Po-Koro

"Korero," Stannis corrected, then chuckled good-naturedly. "You know, that green buddy of mine was the same history nerd I found on the slopes of Ko-Wahi while on the run from Vidar and the Other Guy. You and he have a history, sort of. Destiny often works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?"

It was at the point when Stannis placed his pack of gear on the ussal's back that Ra'lhen saw that his halberd was folded in half—no, not folded, broken. The Wanderer carried a telerahk staff seemingly in its place, but more curiously than all that was the inclusion of a massive sword wrapped in linen cloth. All he could see was the leather-wrapped grip discolored with white salt stains, but it was most assuredly a sword. A curious inclusion, considering Stannis reportedly never used a sword. 

A moment later, the clatter of the crab's gait overwhelmed attempts at conversation and they were carried into Onu-Wahi.

OOC Stannis and Ra'lhen to Onu.

@Emzee

• Like 2

IC Yasurek - Infernavika:

As he often did while working on the ship, Yasurek’s thoughts turned inward. Today’s conclusion: Time Doesn’t Make Sense. Despite his vaguely youthful appearance, Yasurek, much like most of the other beings on this island, was several hundred years old. Barring the occasional mix-up those first several hundreds of years had been relatively stagnant. The First Toa appearing had been a change, but their appearance was brief and as the years set in the massive disappointment he felt with them had been dulled by the even greater disappointment he felt towards all the subsequent toa that had appeared.

He tied down some lines and began climbing up to the higher sails. Everything had changed in the last few years. Makuta had been defeated and returned; a new land had been discovered for the first time, with apparently another new land following right behind it; A koro had been occupied for a few months in-between all that. After so many years the people of this island had apparently independently decided to do something with their lives. To have such changes happening in such a tiny fraction of his collective lifespan was, to be frank, preposterous.

He glanced around at the minimum two other crew members besides himself on board and absentmindedly fiddle with the small medal hanging from his chest. In the aftermath of the retaking of Ko-Koro, he had stumbled upon some old coworkers in the guard. They insisted that he take a medal for his help defeat the occupiers. Yasurek had explained that it was a group effort, but after reluctantly accepting the medal, he had to admit a feeling of satisfaction for a job well done. It was one of the few times he had felt that way in a very long time.

With the last of the sails unfurled, he gracefully descended back to the deck, enjoying the exhilaration of tumbling down. Striding towards Lohkar at the helm, a final thought found its way into his mind. I guess the only way to keep up with all these changes is to be at the front of them.

“Nice to hear your memories have returned, Captain Lohkar Sir,” he said. “Do you have them all back, or just the names of the islands you came from?”

OOC:  @Ghosthands@Snelly @Void Emissary

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: The Akiri's grip was as strong as one would expect. Despite her odd coloring she was still a Po-matoran. Even so she didn't try to crush her guest's hand. Her replying handshake was firm but polite. Two short pumps and then she let go. She nodded to the door as she replied.

"It has been a pleasure gentlemen. Now if you don't mind, I have a crossword that I need to get back to."

• Like 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

28 minutes ago, pokemonlover360 said:

“Nice to hear your memories have returned, Captain Lohkar Sir,” he said. “Do you have them all back, or just the names of the islands you came from?”

IC (Lohkar) [The Infernavika]

"Well, that's a difficult question to answer, innit?" Lohkar replied. He'd taken the wheel and was steering the Infernavika deftly on her course towards Leva Bay. "Because to know if there's anything I'm still forgetting, I'd 'ave to remember all the things I've forgotten, which I can't do, because I've forgotten 'em."

There was a pause. Lohkar cleared his throat.

"What I'm sayin' is, it's hard to tell. But so far it does seem to be the whole shebang. Childhood, runnin' off to sea, becomin' the legendary rogue you now see before you..."

He shot Yasurek a dazzling smile.

"...so on an' so forth."

• Like 3

"Forgive me, but if I may," Muir interjected. "While I understand that you might wish to maintain a certain level of discretion around this investigation, a token or letter bearing your seal might open some doors that would otherwise remain closed. I appreciate that you might not be able to grant it, even to be used with great caution and discrimination, but I had to ask."

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC Yasurek - Infernavika:

Yasurek fired back a grin of his own.

"So are the people back home the respectable sort or are they more like you?"

OOC: @Ghosthands

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Taleen - The Infernavika -

Taleen chuckled softly at Yasurek's little quip towards the captain. "Well if they're even half as like the captain I'm sure it will make things...entertaining to say the least." 

OOC: @Ghosthands @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360

Vrill's arms restlessly rested at his sides after completing the handshake. He truly was ready to leave, thinking there was nothing more to discuss with the Akiri, but Fenn's idea was a good one. Vrill might have even thought of that himself, but it had been a long time since the Sanctum's spy had needed to flash a badge. In fact, his best work was often done without needing it, but the Cy-Toa begrudgingly admitted that sometimes there were benefits to generating a paper trail.

After a moment of thought, Vrill realized that it had been some time since Fenn had worn a badge - albeit for entirely different reasons to himself. Given that, it was certainly a sign of respect for the former Sentinel detective to be asking his new Akiri for an official seal assigning her authority to this investigation. Maybe this meant Fenn was getting cozier with the idea of working for The Man again, providing that that man was indeed an honorable one... though Hewkii was a low bar.

On the other hand, maybe it was just a temporary alignment of interests.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skyra Daring - Po-koro -

After I parted ways with Lumune, I headed back into Po-koro proper, heading for the markets specifically. There were plenty of vendors and stores along the market street, lots of people shouting at me as I passed about deals and 50% off and I just ignored all of it. I knew what I wanted, and where to get it. 

I came up to a particular vendor who had many scarfs on display. I wouldn't blame anyone for being confused why Po-koro of all places would be selling scarfs, not the right climate right? Wrong! Scarfs were surprisingly useful in the hot desert, protecting you from both sun and sand!

Also...Dorian might have kind of made them popular. People sorta noticed he wore them all the time and all his fans wanted to wear them too, then even his not fans noticed people wearing them and wanted to buy them to fit in. Kinda gross really. 

Of course it didn't help that Dorian was 'dead', at least that's what most people thought still. He was kind of a martyr without actually being one? Which only served to make scarfs all the more in demand. Heh, I need to tell him that, he'd probably get a kick out of it. 

I examined the rows of scarfs on display. There was a lot of options of course, but I needed to choose the perfect..."AHAH!" 

I apparently scared the SHlT out of the Po-matoran who was manning the stand. He fell off his stool as I yelled out and grabbed two scarfs.

"I'd like to buy these two please~" I said with a happy tune. 

"S-Sure but...did you have to almost give me a heart attack?" He complained.

"Just take the d### money!" I tossed the appropriate amount of widgets at him and walked off, pocketing the scarfs on my person. Honestly, when did merchants become so rude

I got over it pretty quickly as I walked along the streets, humming a tune. I turned into an alley that I remembered being a shortcut, I just needed to find my friends and we could head back to Ostia or wherever we needed to go next. Yeah, things were going- 

My head suddenly spiked with an intense throb...only it was less of a throb and more like someone was trying to clean my ear out with an ice peak. I gritted my teeth as I collapsed onto my knees in alarm. "AH ###K!" What was going on? The pain had never been this bad before!

I gasped as the pain just continued to throb with intensity, kind of like a wave only it wasn't water, it was acid. I...I needed to make it stop! HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP!? 

Then I remembered the pain meds Dorian had given me. I was really gonna have to thank him again for those. I shakily pulled the bottle out of my belt and hastily downed a few of the pills. Then I just sorta...lay down on the stone street of the alleyway as I waited for the meds to kick in. 

It felt like an agonizing eternity, but eventually the pain gave away to relief...uh maybe too much relief...how many had I taken? I had been in so much pain that I hadn't paid attention. "I hope I didn't take more that I should have..." I slowly started to get up, I felt a bit wobbly. 

"...eh...whatever I can deal with...this!" I just needed to find one of my friends and I'd be fine...wherever they were currently. 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Dustpool Inn

“Trust me, I’ve probably seen worse. At least let me take a look,” Datrox replied, slowly reaching a hand across the table. A brief lapse in judgement, about to breach personal space out of genuine concern. “Like I said before, I can do a little triage.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Lumune - Outside Po-Koro's walls

The parting could have been worse. Acquaintances with a Toa. She chuckled to herself. Well, she supposed that wasn't terribly unusual these days. In many ways, Skyra had been a tall Matoran with powers. Clearly moving at a different speed than the patient Lumune though. Heroes and trappers were a different sort.

"Well, Idas," she said, strapping the bags to the lion's side, "I guess that answers the question. You're alone." Oof, that was a lot more depressing to say than it had been in her head. "That's fine though," she added, patting his side. He purred deeply. "We can be alone together." His large, orange eyes turned to her, and she thought she saw something there. But he was just a Rahi, she reminded herself. Still as she went around him to strap down his other side, he actually nuzzled her. That was new. She stopped as he did, and rubbed him under the chin. His eyes closed, and his jaw opened wide into an intimidating yawn.

"You're getting lazy," she chided him with a smile. He flicked an ear. She finished strapping him up, picked up her long spear, and climbed onto his back. "Alright. Back into the wilderness we go."

And off they went. Out of the shade of the rock wall of the city, into the endless dunes, in pursuit of their next catch.

OOC: Feel free to catch the odd couple before they're out of sight. Or bump into them in the wilds as they ply their trade. That is to say, open for interaction.

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: It was a valid request. If she was going to give them an official request than the least she could do was put her name behind it. So she nodded to the lawyer and vanished into another room in the house for several moments. The three people in the room could hear a faint scratching for most of that time. When the akiri returned she handed a palm sized tablet of stone to Muir. It was more of a badge really. The back was emblazoned with the official seal of the koro. The front had fine letters carved into it that sketched out the rough outline of what she had asked the pair to do.

Interestingly enough only the lawyer's name was listed on the badge. If the Ko-koro spy was going to hide behind the fiction of being the other man's assistant then she might as well treat him as such. Plus there was no way that she was going to hand any of her authority over to someone who made a living out of not following the rules. Foolish decisions like that were how diplomatic incidences were started. She trusted Muir not to do anything she wouldn't be willing to back him up on.

• Like 3

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Muir stared at the badge for, perhaps, a moment longer than might be expected. When he took it from Renaka, he did so gingerly, treating the stone with unwarranted care; his face, throughout, was stoic, his usually predictable thoughts beyond the reach of Vrill and Renaka. His eyes held the sole clue: a glimmer of sadness beneath the deep blue.

Those same eyes, now hard and resolute, locked with Renaka’s as Muir offered her his hand. “Thank you, Akiri Renaka. I will honour this task, and this responsibility. I look forward to our next meeting.”

• Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: The matoran took the proffered hand and shook it firmly. Resolute eyes met a pair that held the solidity of bedrock. He was treating her token with the respect it deserved. Most people were somewhat more casual with such delegated authority. Only a few of them knew just how close a misuse of that very same power had almost brought the island to the brink of civil war. Muir's words and actions showed him to be trustworthy in this regard at least.

"Good luck on your investigation. Hopefully this will all turn out to have been nothing but I trust you to find out the truth whichever way it falls."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Wahi, Po-Koro, Sentinel HQ]

The stone slab doors of the granite bastion which stood stalwart over Po-Koro’s inner ring rotated open with an assertive thud as they revolved along their axis. A gust of hot, dry air accompanied Dehkaz as he stepped into the Sentinel headquarters, the Fa-Toa giving a nod to the guards situated on either side of the entrance that greeted him with a salute. While the building had grown along with the expanding Koro, his destination was one which had stayed constant throughout it all. As such, it only took a few short minutes for Dehkaz to navigate through the stone halls to reach it. 

Two quick knocks on the door with an armored knuckle announced his presence outside Tera’s office.

• Like 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: "... and a real Toa..."

Spoiler

Vrill may not have been the best person. In fact, from any objective frame of reference, that was almost certainly true.

He wasn't the best person, nor was he good at being a person... but did he understand people? He would say he knew them all too well, but truthfully, the Cy-Toa didn't understand so much as recognize.

Vrill was an observer, and his Kanohi had given him the power to do so at an unparalleled temporal resolution. With that power, he'd seen so many microscopic moments in his time as a Toa; the subtle flickers of optics, the shifting of one's weight, the dancing of fingers...

(Did he know what each felt like?)

The Ko-Koronan didn't need to use his Kanohi to see those tells anymore, the slowness gave a smooth clarity that made his comprehension in real time nearly as fast and accurate. A valuable skill in his line of work. That skill is a part of what made him, in his own way, a people person. That skill is why he knew that any pause in real time spoke volumes, for its weight was exponentially increased the slower Vrill had seen a face go through that subroutine.

Despite asking for it for practical purposes, Fenn wasn't sure if he was ready for what Renaka gave him, or if it was what he truly wanted.

As the two Po-Koronans made their exchange, Vrill stealthily took a few steps backwards and spun around to face the exit, already unholstering a cigarette from a hidden sleeve as he opened the door with his dominant hand. He leaned against the door, propping the threshold open until Fenn finished his consignment and exited with him. It was as much a sign of respect as it was mistrust - teams stuck together, but only teams that could trust each other the most could truly act independently. Vrill had the capacity for trust... but only as much as he could verify.

It wasn't a problem to leave the Akiri and the lawyer alone, but would Vrill if he could help it? Not a chance.

The spring loaded flick of a stamped metal shell. The abrasive irregularity of flint and steel. The soft hum of a warm flame. Vrill's lighter snapped shut, wisps of smoke drifting from his Kanohi as he gave a puff and looked to Muirtagh.

Orange lenses grew over his eyeholes once more as the sunlight raced inside. There was a long road ahead of the unlikely duo.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

"I will do all I can to see that your trust has not been misplaced." Muir inclined his head slightly as he spoke. "Until we meet again."

With that, he joined Vrill in making their way out.

• Like 2

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Recommended 5 minute window:

Spoiler

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Streets]

Po-Koro had given him everything he expected it could. Ta-Koro only had a cold case that hinged on antidermis - same with Ga. Fenn was on the right track with the connections between Tarkhan and Onu... but there wasn't much to go off of yet, and besides; Stannis and Ra'lhen were in the midst of diplomacy there on Po's behalf, and getting mixed up with them would only slow things down.

Their visit to Stannis turning into a visit with Renaka had cost Vrill his cover but gained them something an undercover cop usually lacked: displayable authority. That seal could get them into a lot of places without causing nearly as much fuss as Vrill's alternative methods. Solid alibis were in short supply in his line of work.

Soon after they had strolled out of earshot from the Akiri's residence, Vrill turned to his partner in crime (solving) and began to synchronize his plan with whatever was undoubtedly cooking up in Fenn's mind.

"Ko?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Muir nodded. Antidermis was a mystery to him, and Stannis' reticence to share made him suspect it would be just as much so to the hospital, but the Granite Guardian had given him some workable information.

“I’ll have to pick up my coat. But yes, Ko.” Gears were already turning in Muir’s mind, the next steps along their path becoming clear. “I wonder what Toa Reordin makes of his apparent replacements as ordained protection.”

Edited by Goose

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Streets]

The veteran Sanctum guardsman didn't have to guess Reo's opinion, but then again, assumptions were dangerous. He didn't expect be looking to find two Maru so soon - the poster-boy heroes weren't normally within the agent's purview.

"Couldn't hurt to ask," Vrill smoothly responded, letting Fenn take the lead back to his establishment. Shockingly, Vrill wasn't that talkative on the way there. For most of the journey, he simply observed the denizens of the desert city and mulled over his own plans in his mind.

Approaching the Kalta directly was obviously a bad idea - the last thing Vrill needed was for them to know they were under investigation, or worse, that they weren't the main targets of it. However, while Muirtagh saw Ko-Koro's other defenders as his entryway into the Kalta psyche, Vrill's thoughts drew towards their environs for something a little more concrete; if the Kalta were hiding something, any physical evidence would probably be in their new base of operations... if Vrill could get inside without drawing attention. But only if there was a good opening - for now, Fenn's way was a safer bet until they had more information.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Muir (Fenn Legal Clinic, Po-Koro)

Muir raised his hand to the door before opening it, an action followed by the sound of moving metal tumblers and mechanisms inside. As it swung open ahead of him, he walked to the hat-stand by the entrance, and lifted from it a long black coat. For the time being, he folded it over his arm, and took a cursory glance over his shoulder as he left, reactivating the magnetic securities as he passed outside and the door shut softly behind him.

“Penny for your thoughts, ‘Vrill’.”

• Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Vrill [Po-Koro, Fenn Legal Clinic]

"Nice lock," Vrill said with all honestly. Not that he hadn't already taken note of the security measures earlier, but still. The Cy-Toa stood still, his posture speaking to the fact that he knew the Fa-Toa had something in mind to elaborate on. After a brief silence, he took the bait.

"Something bothering you?"

Based on Fenn's tone, it was clear what he had in mind, but Vrill wasn't known for his directness. Not that he was known for anything, for that matter.

Edited by BULiK

“You first.” Muir’s soft-spoken voice was surprisingly stern - not annoyed, not even irritated, simply more serious than usual. “You’re keeping your cards pretty close to the chest, and I respect that, but I’m not just representing myself anymore. I want to know what you’re thinking - I already know the Kalta aren’t the true subject of your investigation. If we’re partners, then we need to be on the same page.”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

In the heart of the Sanctum's fortress, Korzaa gestured for Vrill to shut the door, waiting to continue until there was no chance of being overheard. After he complied, she revealed his next assignment:

“You are going to continue your investigation. There is a new Akiri now, and like his predecessor, I don’t know him as well as I need to. I need you to pay special attention to his business dealings, aiming to uncover anything that might prove a potential threat to the security of the village. You have my official authorization to take your investigations to the other Koros, if that is where they bring you. I have no leads except my suspicions."

"I am giving you complete discretion as to how you conduct this investigation and what you focus on, but remember that no one is to know about these orders besides the two of us.”

Korzaa had good reason to fear this investigation leaking: it would look bad for her, discredit any true findings, and otherwise fracture and cause further instability in a city sorely lacking it. Press might claim that Vrill's investigation was a crime in and of itself, and working with another Koro to carry it out, especially with Renaka's seal of approval, would not help him shake that accusation if it came to pass.

His captain's orders were extraordinarily clear, and the risks were self evident... but Vrill knew that orders were merely a suggestion, a way of communicating the thing that truly mattered: intent. Disobeying orders to carry out the intent of the commanding officer, while insubordination by most definitions and an extremely risky maneuver by any account, was sometimes necessary to complete the mission, for every mission differed from the plan once seen in the chaos of reality.

Vrill needed Fenn's expertise to complete his mission. Fenn needed the truth to be an asset - not because he needed the truth, but because otherwise, Fenn would cut himself loose and be a thorn in Vrill's side, potentially causing a greater risk of mission compromise than if Vrill told the truth. After a silent moment of considering the aforementioned calculus, Vrill spoke softly.

"Tarkhan. Hired the Kalta, so I started there."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Muir nodded, unsurprised. It was a suspicion he’d held since Vrill had first spoken to him in his office - Different case, different Koro, but fundamentally the same problem - and this merely confirmed it. It was the combination of this, and Vrill’s decision to turn to Muir of all people, that had led him to that conclusion; Vrill had admitted to him that he couldn’t use his own Koro’s resources, and while that would be true of an investigation into the Kalta, it was doubly so for an investigation into their Akiri. He had a suspicion that the focus on Tarkahn himself was unsanctioned, too, one borne out by the decision to first chase up the Kalta instead of carrying out a background check.

“Your plan for Ko isn’t just to carry out interviews, is it? I can’t see you reporting back to home base this early, either.”

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

"We're nowhere close to being done," Vrill responded. "If there are any more evidence or leads it's going to be in my city, one place or another."

Vrill could instantly tell that Muir was unsatisfied with his response, but the Fa-Toa pried no further. Instead, he set his mind to work on what Vrill had and had not told him, and what he might divine therein. The obvious conclusion was that Vrill was considering doing something legally, or ethically, dubious – which meant that Muir would have to keep an even closer eye on him in Ko-Koro.

“Then let’s not waste any more time.”

OOC: Muir and Vrill to Ko-Wahi

• Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

On 1/6/2022 at 12:24 AM, Toatapio Nuva said:

IC: Viima (The Iron Mahi):

Viima frowned. "And if we did that, he might've gotten away, and we would've failed our assignment. And if our employer found out about that, he may have halved our payment... if not denying it outright."

OOC: @Voxumo

IC: Tivanu (Iron Mahi)

"I mean you've got a point there, though sometimes ya gotta take that slight risk to keep things interesting. You can't always be doing the job in the most efficient way, as if ya do, you begin to lose yourself. Become cold. Money is good and all, but at some point gotta ask yourself is it worth losing who you are?" Tivanu proposes to his Matoran companion

OOC: @Toatapio Nuva

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:11 PM, pokemonlover360 said:

"So are the people back home the respectable sort or are they more like you?"

On 1/18/2022 at 3:43 AM, Snelly said:

Taleen chuckled softly at Yasurek's little quip towards the captain. "Well if they're even half as like the captain I'm sure it will make things...entertaining to say the least." 

IC (Lohkar) [The Infernavika]

"I don't know what you two could possibly be implying," Lohkar replied with mock haughtiness, adjusting the wheel a little as he spoke. "An' I'll have you know there's nobody quite like me on this 'ere Endless Ocean."

He chuckled.

"But aye, there are plenty of our sort around Seprilli, an' also plenty who'd think themselves more respectable than us. 'Specially those bloody merchant princes."

His smile turned to a sneer.

"Snooty posh buggers, the lot of 'em. More riches than they know what to do with. Back in the day I did my bit to try an' help 'em solve that particular problem, by relievin' them of a fair portion of it. Though I'm sure by now they'll have had the misfortune to come by some more..."

• Like 2

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Leah...," Rynekk said, resting his chin in his hand. "That's not a bad idea. Tabloids say she used to be Gukko Force, right? Maybe Daring or Krayn can get us a lunch date with her--"

“O break the waves, toss the nets, and fill yer lungs with air
About the seas, the likes o’ me would naught be caught awhere
The lubbers stand upon the sand and beat the drums o’ war
Till Ol’ Takea pulls to port and brings me back ashore!”

Rynekk stopped when he heard it, and he looked up to the rigging with a small smile that grew despite him. He had crewed the Fowadi for years now -- for the better part of his life on the island -- and the ship still found ways to surprise him. He found himself only wishing that the others could have been here for this: Krayn and his friends from the days of the Mark Bearers, of course. But Naona, too -- and Tillian, Emotia, Four, Arankhe. Tadris and Rucia. The ones who never came back to shore.

He stood up suddenly and put his hat back on, the shadow of its wide brim hiding his face, and anything he might have wiped away from.

"We should get her on this ###### ship, Kale," Rynekk said, turning back to his friend and grinning. "You and the Captain can't be the only ones aboard who have their sea-legs."

OOC: @Silvan Haven

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi

"We falter at the sight," I sang. "We stumble in the mire--

"--fools who think they see the light,
Prepare to balance on the wire--"

And as I sang-- no. It was not the act of singing. It was the act of her singing, of singing to me -- in that voice that she tried so much to sound hardened, but could not hide a lightness as fine and delicate as the fractal pattern of an ember fluttering in the wind. It was me-- it was listening to her sing with me that I began to feel something within my breast which I had not felt for many years now. Perhaps not since that night in the Charred Forest, staring through the dead eyes of that infected Kanohi into a sky without stars. For a moment, I forgot that feeling of drowning in that sky, that horizon owned by the void they called Makuta that had lingered in my lungs all these years, and from which I had always been trying to breach.

"--but we learn to watch together,
And feed on what we see above
'Til our hearts turn like the seasons
And we are acrobats of love...."

For a moment, I could pretend that all the world was in this compartment.

OOC: @Goose

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, Dustpool Inn]

“No, I…” Kohra started, hesitant, but by then the Toa’s hand was across the table and brushing against her poncho.

Two things happened: Datrox could feel the contour of the flesh of arm underneath and even without seeing anything, he could tell it was… wrong.

But the moment his fingers made contact, Kohra moved - faster than someone in her condition should have been able to. She twisted sideways, jerking her left side away from the Toa, while her right arm shot forward in a flash, trying to seize Datrox by the wrist.

“Don’t touch me!” Her voice had been softer before. Hoarse and seemingly close to breaking from talking through the pain. But now it had radically turned - into a threatening, sharp, cold hiss.

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png