BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC:

"Good timing."

The retired, for the moment, Lieutenant strolled easily to stand next to Dehkaz from where he had been waiting. A cup of coffee in the Sentinel standard mug, a time honored and key tool in the bureaucracy of the ever-growing— and in Krayn's opinion still rebuilding— guard force spoke of a wait, but not a long one. He had two packages wrapped in brown paper tucked under the other arm.

"We lose the rest somewhere?"

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Skyra Daring - Po-koro, Sentinel HQ -

Somehow, I managed to make my way to the Sentinel HQ. Between the sudden extreme headache and drugging myself up on the pain meds provided by Dorian, I was feeling subdued to say the least. 

I had decided that finding my friends was the best course of action, which was why I made my way to the HQ. I knew I'd run into at least one of them there. Turns out I was right, because as I stepped inside I saw both Krayn and Dehkaz in the waiting room. 

"Hey." I said, somewhat weakly towards the two Toa. I hoped I didn't look too messed up. 

OOC: @Krayzikk @sunflower

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kale Ironshaper - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: "Rynekk!" The silver Toa responded. His voice filled with false indignation that mirrored the twinkle in his eyes. "Are you attempting to use your connections to get one of the Maru to go on a date with you? I might have to rethink your position on this ship my friend."

The fact that they were entirely valid suggestions was just as entirely beside the point. There was no way that he was going to give up the opportunity to rib one of his best friends. The other Toa had even used the word! That was just asking for it.

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Dustpool Inn

A shocked Datrox simply stared at his wrist in Kohra’s grip, optics widened. It seemed like the Toa of Fire was registering what had just happened, from what he had felt when he came into contact with the Vortixx’s arm to realizing he had made the wrong move.

“Huh.”

He looked to Kohra, raising his free hand slowly in surrender. “I’m sorry, Kohra. I didn’t think-I didn’t think,” Datrox said, sighing. “Won’t happen again, yeah?”

He did not want to fight her. He really, really didn't want to fight the person he was trying to help. But, already, he was feeling the familiar urge to draw his weapon to at least make her back down. In any other situation, he would have.

“Besides—I think our food is ready.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I gingerly accepted the mug of coffee that Krayn offered me, taking a long sip from it. I guess I must have really looked like I needed it. 

"Thanks, I had a severe...eh never mind, it doesn't matter. This helps." 

OOC: @Krayzikk @sunflower

Edited by Snelly

IC: Viima (The Iron Mahi):

There was a twitch in Viima's eye, though barely perceivable behind his mask. What was more obvious was the sudden clenching of his fist around the glass. If the material had been anything softer, it would doubtless have crumpled.

"What's done is done," he muttered, seemingly both to Tivanu and himself.

Pushing the glass away, Viima rose up from his chair. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back before sunset."

Probably, he added to himself.

OOC: @Voxumo

• Like 1

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, Dustpool Inn]

The Vortixx had frozen in her place, staring intensely at Datrox, wrist still firmly locked in her surprisingly strong grip. Another long second or two passed, and then just as suddenly. she let go, breathing heavily, almost panting.

“I’m sorry…” she got out, now barely above a whisper.

“I…I didn’t mean to…”

“Besides—I think our food is ready.”

Food?

“Ah…yes…food. Good.”

The Matoran approaching their table looked concerned. “Everything alright here?” they asked, putting the first dishes on the table. Their eyes wandered from the Toa to the Vortixx. Clearly they had noticed the exchange. “You…need help with anything?”
Kohra opened her mouth again, as if to answer - then seemed to rethink the idea, closed it again and quietly shook her head.

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

“No, thank you,” Datrox replied to the Matoran, still looking at Kohra. “We’re fine. Food looks great, right Kohra?”

A false smile flashed across his Huna. It was a bit hard to pretend an almost-altercation had not happened, but he hoped their server would simply mind their own business. People still got rowdy in Po-Koro, didn’t they?

Under the table, Datrox was rubbing his wrist. Girl’s got a grip, that’s for sure.

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Kohra looked slowly from the Toa to the Matoran, hesitated again for a second, but then nodded.

“Yeah…" she rasped. "Looks real good.”

The waiter tilted their head, obviously still doubtful, but also with little else to go on but one expression of anger, they had little to go on.

“Alright…well, holler if you need anything. I’ll be right over.” they said, glancing between the two once more, then turned and headed back towards the kitchen.

As soon as it was just the two of them, the Vortixx let her head sink forward into her free right hand, fingers rubbing against her temples.

“I…am so sorry...I don’t know why I did that.”

She was telling the truth.

She honestly didn’t know why she’d reacted this violently.

So why did she feel like a liar?

• Like 4

IC: Dehkaz [Po-Koro, Sentinel Headquarters]

Dehkaz comfortably pivoted on his heel as the familiar voice came up to greet him, and he welcomed Krayn's arrival with an easy nod, his eyes momentarily flicking to the parcels that his friend carried. Electing to ask about them later, instead he gave a small shrug of sorts with a reply of, "Had things to do, we'll catch them on the way out of the village."

As if on cue, Skyra wandered towards the two toa. Her posture was... subdued in a manner completely uncharacteristic for the normally bubbly toa of Air. She looked like she lost a fight and had one heck of a hangover. Considering it had barely been any stretch of time since Dehkaz had last saw her, the difference was striking. Krayn, understandably, offered her some coffee.

"Tera should be around this time of day, though she may be out in the training yard," the toa of Magnetism tilted his head back to the door which they stood outside. "But we'll see."

OOC: @Krayzikk @Snelly @Light

• Like 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Nikarra (The Iron Mahi)

Haunting. That was the word, the word that had escaped her when she first began playing. The music that filled the compartment, that echoed when it hit the walls as if it could go no further, as if it too knew that the only thing that mattered right now was this place, this moment, this song... it was haunting. In the moment, it all seemed so surreal – Nikarra stopped even feeling that she was playing, or even singing. She was just listening and feeling, her voice and Vyartha's coming together and coming apart, so that there were moments when it seemed that there was only one voice and it was theirs, both of theirs, until they slipped ever so slightly out of sync or out of tune and the illusion was exposed. And yet still, somehow, they always seemed to find each other once again.

"How, we wonder, how we wonder, watching far below;

"We would all be that great hero, the Great Valerio."

Had they been singing for a minute? Three? Five?

It felt like weeks.

But the spell began to fade, and now that it was waning Nikarra found she couldn't remember exactly how the song ended. So, she just… allowed it to end. It hung there, unresolved, in the silent look shared between her and Vyartha.

"...you have a nice voice."

OOC: @Void Emissary

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Tivanu (Iron Mahi)

The Skakdi watched as his words stoked the anger in his Matoran companion. Part of him grew frustrated with the stubbornness of the Le-Matoran. Though the Skakdi also knew at least somewhat of why the Le-Matoran was the way he was. Tivanu had constantly been an obstacle in Viima's way, though not the sort of obstacle one could ever remove. No Tivanu was like asthma. An annoyance they had learned to live with, but constantly reminded them of their weakness.

Looking down at his wristwatch, Tivanu considered the time. 

"I'll hold you to it. Check on Kive-Phu while you are out there. Their own hunting may not have been as fruitful. If so I'll see about picking up something."

OOC: @Toatapio Nuva

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"Please Kale," Rynekk said, grinning. "I don't need any help in that department."

OOC: @Silvan Haven

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi

"As... do you."

Since I had first seen her on this train, I had been warring against myself and my own nature. Pride by name and pride by nature could very well have been a motto for me these past few months. I was to be Vyartha Vena -- untouchable, implacable, peerless. And yet, what I wished to do and say to her would mean the end of all that. But then, perhaps all that had ended months ago, when Nikarra had first left me. Or even earlier, when we had met.

Maybe there was a destiny. Maybe this was always where mine ended.

"I would follow you," I found myself saying, almost without realizing, and certainly without being able to stop. "If you would let me."

OOC: @Goose

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Anything you need to talk about?" The De-Toa asked, nodding to Dehkaz in acknowledgement while he prepared for himself a replacement cup of coffee. "We've got a little while, it seems."

@Snelly

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Well I..." I hesitated for a moment. I didn't want them to worry, but perhaps it was better if they knew, in case it happened again. I took a longer sip of the coffee before looking at Krayn and Dehkaz.

"On my way here I got a headache..." I began to explain. "...only it was the most painful and sudden headache I've ever experienced, it caused me to collapse." I took the bottle of pills that Dorian had given me and shook it a bit for affect. "These pills saved me, the pain is mostly gone but I am...well I feel a little high now." That was honestly the best way I could put it.

"I don't doubt Praggos' abilities as a doctor, but I'm starting to think maybe I should get a second opinion on the issue from someone else...I don't know, maybe it isn't something that can be fixed..."

OOC: @Krayzikk@sunflower

IC:

"Second opinion couldn't hurt." Krayn shrugged a one-armed shrug and sipped from his fresh mug, brow furrowing thoughtfully. "Medicine isn't always a precise science, even for the best. By all rights my shoulder is fine, yet..."

He shrugged again.

"Did anything seem to trigger it?"

• Like 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

I frowned as I thought back to the alleyway where it happened. "Not really...all I did was buy some things at a vendor briefly before heading towards here." 

OOC: @Krayzikk@sunflower

IC: Ember - The Fowadi

“We set sail for a fortnight, through the storms o’ hail and rain

The waves; they rocked the Ol’ Takea time and time again

We crested ‘round to Leva Bay, and there before us lay

Our quarry on the open sea; there’s blood to shed today!”

The old Salt barely had to sing her part of the shanty now. Enough of the crew had joined in that even those who were just hearing the jaunting tune for the first time were following suit as they picked up on the lyrics. Heaving and hauling rhythmically, the Sentinel sailors attuned themselves to the proper pace of the stanzas, crafted carefully by generations of mariners before them so they could be molded into the beating heart that their vessel needed them to be.

“Oh-woah, bring the Ol’ Takea ‘round

Oh-woah, bring the Ol’ Takea ‘round

Oh-woah, bring the Ol’ Takea ‘round

Till she brings me back a-shore!”

Even still, she could not help but belt out the last verse, her voice nearly breaking as she exhausted every last ounce of air in her lungs so that the melody would carry itself throughout the port:

“The guns; they roared a-thunderous a-well into the night

Her allies cracked and burnin’; ‘twas a godforsaken sight

The Ol’ Takea stood alone; gave a long and bloody fight

And in the mornin’ still - she had her colors flyin’ bright!”

There it was - that minuscule moment of ecstasy as the triumphant tale rounded itself nearly to a close - an instance of silence before the storm of voices rang out in unison, drowning out the creaking of wood and the tension of lines, now thrumming as if plucked by the hand of the Great Spirit. The lightning crackled in all their eyes, and the thunder soon followed:

“Woah-ho, it’s the Ol’ Takea’s bite

Woah-ho, it’s the Ol’ Takea’s bite

And she will come back for more!”

“Again!”

“Woah-ho, it’s the Ol’ Takea’s bite

And she wiiiill coooome baaaack foooor mooooore!”

A great, hearty hollering rang out through the ranks of sailors as the shanty slowed to a close - a great cry that seemed as if it could be heard across the whole of Leva Bay for it was so grandiose.

The sound of morale.

It was impossible for her not to be happy now, a grin plastered across her face as she climbed back down to the deck, dropping herself the last couple of feet with a thud. Try as she might to suppress it, a trace of the grin still remained as she composed herself and about-faced, pointing herself in the direction of Toa Kale and Rynekk as she strode over. Her back straightened and her throat was cleared, the general din of work continuing across the ship now audible again as the whooping cheers of the Sentinels died down and they continued with their tasks.

“Figured I might be able t’ speed things up a bit, Toa Kale,” she reported. “More salt aboard than I expected, t’ be honest.”

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

IC: A chuckle rippled from the silver Toa at his companions response. Further conversation being cut off by the rising tide of impromptu music. It was a catchy tune, one designed to be easy for many people to sing along with. Despite his relatively short time on the water it was a song that even he had heard before. As the chorus rolled around the young man's voice joined with that of his crew. High and clear notes joined with the others in a wave of sound that the ocean wind carried across the harbor.

As the last note of the song hung in the air like a piece of cut crystal it was joined by another ring. Green eyes glanced up at the small figure sitting on his head and a smile creased his face.

"Good morning little one. Did we wake you?"

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: The head that the small person rested upon twitched for a moment as he started to shake his head in the negative. Having someone who spent much of her time on top of his head was taking some getting used to. In many ways it was more difficult than adjusting to an entirely new mask.

"Unfortunately not. They likely wont be back until tomorrow at the earliest. Did you sleep well?"

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

He let out a deep sigh and stared up at the ceiling. After a short moment of studying it, as if it was more important, and trying to avoid eye contact with Kohra, he finally looked back at the Vortixx. The food before him suddenly felt inedible.

“So, are we going to talk about it or sit here and eat in awkward silence?”

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: Moving from Onu-Wahi

IC: Tailua — Po-Koro

The ride was quick but bumpy. It was an experience Tailua was used to, and he remained unbothered by the monotony of the trip. He used to travel between Ostia and Onu-Koro quite often in the early days after the breakup of the Toa Kodin. However, this recent trip gave Tailua a bit of a shock as the once quaint village of stone came into view.

Po-Koro had become considerably more verdant since the last time Tailua had been here. Palm trees lined some of the boulevards, and many of the business had aromatic flowers around their windows. This provided another way to remember the town than the sound of dust and Mahi and the blinding sun — though those were definitely still a major identifier of the town. He had heard that the original Akiri, Hewkii, had stepped down some time ago. Perhaps the new leadership had spurred the rapid development of the city. It was almost as bustling as Onu-Koro, and Tailua had wondered how Akiri Nuparu felt about that. The Onu-Koronan inventor was known to be quite competitive.

Tailua disembarked from the Ussal crab and paid the attendant before gathering his light belongings and walking into Po-Koro proper. According to the location printed on the business card, the Tech Emporium would be just a quick walk away from the Iron Mahi station. That meant was this business was taken care of, Tailua could hop on and end up back in Ostia in no time. He just needed to find this weapons shop first.

After about half an hour walking further into the city center, Tailua reached the main street that the Emporium rested on. This street was also a clear route to the Iron Mahi station. With a look of satisfaction, Tailua trudged forward, moving around the bustling Matoran workers and ignoring the calls of the many shopkeepers trying to sell their wares to unacquainted tourists. Finally, Tailua arrived at the front door of the renowned shop. After checking the sign once again. Tailua walked inside, activating the door chime.

OOC: @Perp I made it.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Rynekk was still having a bit of trouble getting used to Kale's new mask -- and the little homunculus that it seemed to... spawn? The nomenclature would be something to brush up on, come an appropriate break in the conversation. Until then, there were still niceties to attend to elsewhere.

"Don't mind Kale, he's a busy man," he said, placing a hand on Ember's shoulder. "Thanks a bunch for your help up there. I've already mentioned to ya that I don't exactly have a lot of experience on even this ship -- but I've never seen our crew put together quite like that before. You absolutely sure we can't tempt to stay aboard a little longer?"

OOC: @Silvan Haven@The UltimoScorp@Perp

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Nikarra (The Iron Mahi)

"I would follow you, if you would let me."

Nikarra's first instinct was to activate her Iden and let the conversation speed away down the tracks without her.

She could probably possess a new body – it wasn't unheard of. Change her name, become a hermit, never have to make any consequential decisions again. She didn't even have her knives anymore, so it wasn't like she had a reason to keep these thighs.

Why the fuсk am I so freaked out?

It wasn't Vy, probably. Nikarra had felt bad leaving her, even when it was only to distance herself from the Daedra. She liked Vy. Like, a lot. It wasn't like she had much else going on in her life, either, since her best and only friend went off and died, like an idiot. If Vy… It meant she didn't have to be alone, which was a Good Thing. It was good. Healthy, even. Definitely not something to be panicked by.

It was probably some weird grief stuff, right? Like- like how people who lose someone important, they push people away, so that they won't get hurt again. But it didn't feel like that. She wasn't scared of losing Vy, she was just… scared.

Vy was still waiting on an answer, and Nikarra didn't know how much time she'd already spent thinking in silence. She had to make a choice.

"Okay," she whispered, nodding. "But you should know… I have no idea where I'm going."

As she looked up to meet Vyartha's eyes, she couldn't help but smile.

OOC: @Void Emissary

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi

For a brief moment, I believed in miracles again.

"Where is there to go?" I said. "Only a horizon."

OOC: @Goose

IC: Gunner | The Infernavika

"Ah, so we're headed into enemy territory with a blood price already on our heads," I said, stepping up and out of the hold, shielding my eyes from the bright noon-day sun. "At least there won't be cultists this time. Worst part of the Ko-Koro fight was the cultists."

OOC: @Ghosthands@Snelly@pokemonlover360

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Wiremu (Po-Koro, Tech Emporium)

"That's right. I understand it's on a bit of an ad-hoc basis all the same" Wiremu answered, "I've just been told I could have somewhere to apply myself. Nuparu does want to me continue my work creating new machinery and tools for the Koro... I assume."

Wiremu was about to continue when the door chime cut him off, and instead he muttered something in the vein of an apology before he stepped aside to give Jokaro space. He also wondered now where Jokaro's associate had gotten himself to.

OOC: @Perp @Emzee

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro Technology Emporium

Continue to create new tools for the Koro…? The Po-Matoran wracked his brain to discern whether or not he’d been privy to knowledge of Nuparu’s groping fingers settling themselves into Po. Perhaps he’d just forgotten. It wasn’t unthinkable - Nuparu’s reach extended spiderweb-like across the entirety of the island, delving into intellectual and technological crevasses only the small army of engineers at his disposal could hope to chart. And now one of said individuals was here before him, asking how he could make himself useful.

Why hadn’t he gone to Po-Koro’s official Engineering Department? True, the Emporium had been subsidized by Renaka’s bureaucrats, but why not go see Lenat? It couldn’t have been an accident that this Wiremu had walked in here specifically. He’d have to interrogate Farzan on the matter later, since the neurons had finished firing and found only dead ends. A new batch of electrical impulses began their journey a fraction of a second later, finding paydirt in the Sector of Educated Guesses.

“Ah, the Quarry, right? Figures that you Onu-Koronans would know a thing or two about diggin’ up ore. I’ve heard-”

The gears of a mental locomotive suddenly seized within his gray matter, the machinery grinding to a halt and squealing metallically as it struggled to throw all its mass in a new direction against its previous momentum. The conductor of this neural engine held within his hands a new destination - a portrait of Jokaro’s backpack, a set of folded schematics within. As the machinery spun back up and gained steam along its new track, it collided with a big, squishy mass set upon the rails. This mass was commonly known as a neuron, but now functioned much like a domino. The shock of the train’s collision elicited an electromagnetic scream that was heard by its neighbors, who themselves screamed in turn, now making their neighbors likewise wail. This rancor ripped through his brain not at all like the streams of the previous couple of thoughts - it manifested as a tidal wave of energy that should have lit the whole of his brain up like a lightstone had it not been encased within his skull. All that Wiremu could see was an increased brightness behind Jokaro’s eyes as those schematics in the conductor’s portrait unfolded themselves, shrinking within the canvas upon which they were emblazoned. New markings, notes, instructions and specifications appeared in the growing blank areas surrounding the schematics at the center, suggesting a much, much grander scope than what amounted originally to just a thing.

Now, it became a plan.

Saaay…he began, lacing his fingers together and settling them gently in front of him upon the front counter. “I do have an idea what you might be able to help with, if Nuparu is willing to provide the materiel and personnel needed. Why don’t we-”

dingdingding

The train was derailed by a door chime. The Emporium’s door chime. Of which Jokaro was an employee. An employee who was currently behind the front counter. The front counter of a store which-

A beat passed as his attention was briefly caught by the Ta-Toa who’d just entered. He addressed Wiremu, holding up a finger - “Hold that thought.” - before refocusing once again on what was often referred to in folklore as a ‘customer’.

“Welcome. Picking up? Dropping off? Or just browsing?”

___ __ _

Only for a few moments after Rynekk had finished his sell did the Ta-Matoran allow the grin to linger across her features. She’d already known the answer when she’d shaken hands with Kale belowdecks merely an hour or two ago. Her smiling face then relaxed and morphed itself into a much subtler and more comfortable visage of professional satisfaction. Her posture followed suit by (somewhat paradoxically) snapping itself out of its relaxed state and assumed a rigid, straight-backed stance, hands clasped behind her - now firmly back in the role of sailor at attention before a senior officer.

Curiously, her head was still spinning from what Ember assumed to be the raw experience of fraternizing amongst the crew of one of the most prolific ships in history. A minuscule wave of nausea washed over her before being immediately suppressed by years of experience. It occurred to her that she was probably not, in fact, overly-awestruck at her current status but still getting reacclimated to the rocking of a vessel beneath her feet. Her gait and posture had instinctively kicked themselves back into gear once she’d first set foot on deck, adopting the automatic shuffling of her weight from one leg to another - but obviously she had spent too much time fast aground to continue exactly as she had been years ago without a few figurative hiccups. The Fowadi’s armor plating wasn’t the only thing with a smattering of rust lining the creases. Fleeting nausea was replaced with pangs of fear that were likewise suppressed moments after forming - it was concern that she would, given enough time laid up on land, get too comfortable with non-undulating ground beneath her feet and overly-palatable food in her gut.

That would absolutely not do. She belonged on the ocean. Ember knew that. Hеll, even Rynekk knew it, plain as day. A little bout of nausea wasn’t nearly enough to deaden her desires, and the sampling of fear that came after served only to make her determination all the more clear.

Ember cleared her throat.

“Temptation’s a sin, Toa Rynekk.”

The corner of her mouth tightened back almost invisibly, the grin threatening to overtake her again. Her discipline kept it (mostly) in check.

“But I’m sure you know all sailors are sinners, aye?”

OOC: @Geardirector @Emzee @Void Emissary @Silvan Haven

• Like 1

The vortixx, in stark contrast, had started to eat the provided food. Yes, she looked awkward, and it was a struggle to get it down - but by the spirits, she was famished

She couldn’t even remember the last time she’d had food. She must have eaten, of course, since she made it out here somehow, but it all disappeared in the black hole of her memories yet again.

So Datrox looking at the ceiling almost didn’t register. Almost. She paused after taking a long sip after devouring a good third of the plate in front of her.

“I’m…sorry if I scared you. I’m sorry I can’t explain anything.”

I’m sorry I keep having to apologize. A frustration at her own pitiful state - a pale echo of the anger of a moment ago - welled up inside her.

She reached for another piece of food, but then paused, dropping it back onto the plate. Her eyes were now fixed on the Toa across from her.

“What do you see when you look at me?”

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:51 PM, Perp said:

dingdingding

The train was derailed by a door chime. The Emporium’s door chime. Of which Jokaro was an employee. An employee who was currently behind the front counter. The front counter of a store which-

A beat passed as his attention was briefly caught by the Ta-Toa who’d just entered. He addressed Wiremu, holding up a finger - “Hold that thought.” - before refocusing once again on what was often referred to in folklore as a ‘customer’.

“Welcome. Picking up? Dropping off? Or just browsing?”

IC: Tailua — Po-Koro Tech Emporium

Instead of answering directly, Tailua reached in to his pack with his left hand and put down a tiny stone slab with Matoran writing on it.

"Pleasure to meet ya, sir," the Toa of Fire began, "I'm Tailua. Merchant Onozan gave me this slab here and told me you pay y'all a visit."

In one swift movement, Tailua put his right arm on the front counter. While the upper arm had the typical armored gray that many Ta-Toa have, the store clerk would've instantly noticed that his right arm ended abruptly past the below. In its place was a metallic looking stump that looked like a holder for all sorts of different tools.

"I'm in need of a Patero launcher. One with a connector that can attach to this end here," Tailua said raising his right arm slightly. "I think the connector type is standard for Toa prosthetics, but while I really need is that launcher. You got any in that back room there?"

OOC: @Geardirector@Perp

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Gunner | The Infernavika

"No matter how much we tried," I lamented, shaking my head as I joined Lohkar, Yasurek and Taleen further a-bow. Taleen was a new recruit, picked up from that same battle of Ko-Koro, who was young enough to still a pirate's life as one of freedom and adventure, and not the place you end up when you realize you have nothing left in this world to lose. Unfortunately, I knew that, like those cultists of yore, there was no reasoning with the youths.

"Well," I said, "I suppose that the opportunities have gone a bit dry over here. Being heroes of the island two years in a row doesn't exactly lend you much credibility amongst the criminal class. Might be nice to visit a place where no one's seen us chumming it with the guards. When do we set off?"

OOC: @Ghosthands@Snelly@pokemonlover360

Rynekk, like any experienced Aggressor, had no such discipline, and beamed a mighty smile at the news.

"You had me worried there for a second," he said, tipping his hat to her. "But I sure am glad we'll be having you aboard. Especially considering our first stop is supposed to be over in Ga-Koro. You reckon any of your old connections are still in the Marines down there?"

OOC: @Perp

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Lohkar) [The Infernavika]

"Soon as we've picked up all the crew an' supplies we'll need, plus some payin' passengers," Lohkar replied. "I see this as a business opportunity — we can offer safe passage to those who can't make the voyage on their own, an' sell the location to those that can."

He winked.

"Make our last few honest widgets before the real fun begins, eh?"

OOC: @Void Emissary @Snelly @pokemonlover360

• Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Odd question, he thought.

“I see a woman,” Datrox answered, matter-of-factly. “A woman going through a lot right now.” The Ta-Toa shrugged. What more could he say? “If there’s an answer you’re looking for, I’m not sure what it is,” he continued, glancing down at his plate before pushing it across the table to Kohra.

“I don’t know—I want to understand what’s wrong. Maybe then I could see what I’m missing.”

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

There were a couple of names - ones that would’ve immediately snapped back to the forefront of her awareness had Ember been a younger woman. Alas, it took a bit more doing, nowadays, like many things physical and mental.

“Hmmm… ‘twas a while ago… lemme think, lad…”

She tipped her head back, as the gentle rocking of the ship uncovered the sun hiding behind it. The warmth washed across her features as she wracked her mind, before the ship’s undulation changed direction and the shade returned. Briefly, her feat-

“Right! Cap’n, um…” she snapped her fingers once, twice.Cap’n Ruuri! Ruuri…? No, Ruuli!”

More snapping.

“And… and, yes - Lieutenant Valdya. Star student, that’un. Real knack for the craft. Musta made Cap’n by now.” She refocused her attention on Rynekk. “Those two, most likely.”

___ __ _

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro Technology Emporium

Merchant Onozan? Name wasn’t familiar - might be one of Farzan’s buddies. Speaking of, where HAD that little bugger run off to? Customer relations was his specialty. Nevertheless, at least Jokaro stood to make a few widgets this time without having to harangue the Fa-Matoran about giving his shіt away for free. Anyway…

Carefully scrutinizing the Toa’s prosthetic - in particular the attachment point - Jokaro made a mental note to look into whether or not the shop had any similar such mounting systems. It wasn’t one he was familiar with, but modifying a Patero to utilize it wasn’t going to pose a problem.

“Well, Tailua, this kind of attachment system isn’t one I’m familiar with, but modifying a Patero to fit it shouldn’t pose a problem. One moment.”

Disappearing back through the threshold opposite the workshop entrance, Jokaro once again combed through the storage room’s selection of Patero, finding one that was not claimed by an owners’ tag. The relatively massive launcher obscured the upper half of his body as he carried it back to the front desk, gingerly setting the heavy weapon down allowing his burden to CLUNK audibly upon the countertop.

“Yeah, see here-he pointed to the spindly pumphandle protruding from the back of the launcher. “...this is going to be the problem area. As you can see, this puppy is Heavy, with a capital aitch. Ain’t nothin’ back here to counterbalance all the weight forward of the grip. Directly attaching the whole thing to your limb is gonna result in some serious stress without constant support from your other arm.”

The Po-Matoran now gripped the Patero’s patented* pumphandle and gave it a… you know. A pump (for demonstration purposes only).

“Not to mention, it’s gonna be even more of a pain in the аss to pump the thing - like this, see? Could always put the mounting point further up at the center of gravity, but then there won’t be any room for the pumphandle, and you’re kinda outta luck there.”

Next, he propped the launcher upright, running his hand along the topside, terminating at the back of the breech cover.

“Now, what I could do is - you followin’ me with this? Good. What I could do is take these sights off and put the mounting point up here instead. But - uh oh! No way to aim the dаmn thing properly! And it’s still a pain to pump it up. So, way I see it is, you’re gonna have to choose one’a these options here and just kinda make your peace with the - huh…”

Another lightbulb moment, like the one in the previous Jokaro post. I’m not going to go through that whole wall of text again. Just scroll up, okay? You get the picture. Ding! Figurative lightbulb going off above Jo’s head here, except Mata Nui doesn’t actually have lightbulbs. And if they did, this one would be kinda flickery and intermittent. Not the greatest bulb in the box. Not the bluntest rock in the landslide. What’s that expression? Can’t remember.

DING!

Okay, yeah, now that’s a proper lightbulb.

“...make your peace… with… huh. Actually, I just…” The Po-Matoran glanced over his shoulder at the stone archway that led into the workshop, where something in particular lay immaculate (read: dirty and unpolished) upon his workbench. “...I just had a better idea. This way, please.”

He gestured, directing the Toa to accompany him as he made his way into that pigsty of a room.

Wiremu could come too, if he really wanted.

*(patent pending)

OOC: @Void Emissary @Silvan Haven @Emzee @Geardirector

• Like 2

IC Yasurek - Infernavika:

“On the topic of widgets,” Yasurek said, checking the ship’s inventory chart, “It might be a good idea to spend most of our currency on trade goods and supplies before we set out. Captain Lohkar probably has more insight on this, but I have my doubts an island nation that hasn’t been observed in at least hundreds of years is going to use the same legal tender as us. Do you know any high demand goods on this Seprilli that we can take advantage of? I hear the Dasaka don’t have much metal on their land, so maybe the Seprillians have a similar high demand resource we can graciously supply.”

OOC: @Ghosthands @Void Emissary @Snelly

• Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

What’s wrong? Where to start…

She absent-mindedly scratched at her obscured left arm again as she contemplated Datrox’ answer. 

“I…thought maybe some outside perspective could…I dunno.”

Sigh

The silence hung for another moment, as the Vortixx did take another bite of their meal.

“I’m not even sure what the right questions are, never mind the answers.”

More tugging at her poncho. It was getting itchy again. Maybe the outburst from earlier? She briefly contemplated just showing the mangled appendage, but couldn’t bring herself to do it. Besides, it would only raise more questions.

A flash of pain streaked down her spine, but she only acknowledged it with a wince this time. The food had provided a little relief it seemed—for now.

“Fine…” she started, as if speaking to someone else or herself instead of the Toa across from her. 

“Why can’t I remember anything beyond a name? Why can’t I remember who and where I was before I came here and why did I come to —Po-Koro, is it?—why did I come here?”

Another wince. This time she did let out a small hiss. “And why does everything hurt…even just the light outside