BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

6 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Luten - Ostia -Fowadi

"Mm-hmm! Did I miss anything important or exciting?"

Kale Ironshaper - Ostia - Fowadi

IC: "Weeellll, our newest sailor did lead the crew in a wonderful rendition of an old sailing classic. You'll have to wait until the next unexpected burst of song before you can join in." It seemed like the silver Toa was in a teasing mood today. A smile flickered across his face. Although it would have been difficult for Luten to catch sight of it from her perch atop his head. Although...he supposed those were technically her lips as well. Sharing one's face with another person was weird.

His philosophical musing were interrupted as something from the other conversation caught his attention. Two fingers tapped on the gunwale in thought as he spoke up.

"Valdya...wasn't she the one that interviewed us after everything that happened during our last visit to Ga-koro?"

• Like 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Wiremu and Farzan (Tech Emporium)

Wiremu remained quiet, but he was also very curious about what was going on. The grisly details of how the Toa was to carry the device was a tough pill to swallow but so he did. When Jokaro's own exposition was cut off by his own seeming epiphany, Wiremu realized he had been staring at him, and took a moment to remember to blink.

It was at this moment I came back through the door, and I was indeed quite a surprise, not to mention surprised myself.

"Whoa there, what's going on in here? Jo, have you been attracting clientelle for once?" I asked him, quite sincerely. He wasn't the talkative type outside of work, he had quite correctly observed on multiple occassions I talked enough for the both of us. I heartily agreed with his assessment.

I was lumbered by a sizable something or other I was carrying on my back. What it was was not clear to see but I had plans in motion, as always.

OOC: @Perp @Emzee

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Tailua — Po-Koro, Tech Emporium

“Ha ha! I like yer style!” Tailua said heartily. The enthusiasm of this supplier had rubbed off on him and he was tagging along for ride. Above all, he appreciated Jokaro’s honesty. It would not have been hard to sell him a piece of tech and just tell him to deal with it. It’s how Tailua got used to his current arsenal.

“Whoa there, what's going on in here? Jo, have you been attracting clientelle for once?” another voice cut in. It slightly startled the Toa of Fire, and he instinctively raised his right arm despite it not having any weapon attached to it. He relaxed significantly when the Onu-Matoran stepped out, clearly burdened by some sort of container of sorts that he was carrying on his back.

“Yo what’s that?” Tailua called out to the Onu-Matoran, his attention on Jokaro briefly lapsing.

OOC: @Perp@Geardirector

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

On 4/2/2022 at 6:03 AM, pokemonlover360 said:

“Do you know any high demand goods on this Seprilli that we can take advantage of? I hear the Dasaka don’t have much metal on their land, so maybe the Seprillians have a similar high demand resource we can graciously supply.”

IC (Lohkar) [The Infernavika, off the Po-Wahi coast]

"Backbone," Lohkar remarked dryly. "Much as it pains me to admit it, a lot o' my people are bedwettin' cowards. 'Specially on Seprilli. Always lettin' the warlords push 'em around — or worse, those poncy merchant buggers. That's somethin' we can supply — a bit of good old-fashioned spine."

The captain gave a small, self-satisfied chuckle in appreciation of his own joke.

"But as for trade goods, that's difficult. Zakaz may be a rough place but it's got plenty o' mineral wealth, an' better tech than you lot. I s'pose there might be a market on Seprilli for exotic food an' drink."

A grin began to widen on his face.

"I tell you what. If I know my people, they'll go crazy for some o' your Mata Nuian liquors."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Void Emissary @Snelly

Edited by Ghosthands
adding more specific location
  • Like 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Taleen - The Infernavika -

Taleen remained silent for a good while, content to simply let her crewmates continue the conversation while she continued to polish her blades. Eventually she raised a blade up, her blade was now shiny enough that she could see her reflection, nice. 

"I suppose we should stock up on some liquor then." Taleen mused, clearly paying attention despite not looking like it. "You can get them by the barrel at a pretty good discount if you know the right people." 

@Ghosthands@Void Emissary@pokemonlover360

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro Technology Emporium

Farzan’s reemergence from backstage was just as unnoticed by Jokaro as his initial exeunt. His dialogue fell on deaf ears, for the Po-Matoran was locked into a stupor, a faint smile creasing the corners of his mouth. Tailua’s bellowing laugh seemed distant, and the Fa-Matoran’s mysterious cargo, which would ordinarily have piqued Jokaro’s interest, was excluded entirely from his current, narrow perception.

His attention was diverted elsewhere - psyche floating on a cloud of delirious revelation as future events (namely, a sale in five minutes’ time) unfolded themselves and created amongst the gathered souls a prophet of commerce. The siren song of his own machinations drew him in, beckoning him toward his workbench like moth to flame- wait, hold up a minute. Does Mata Nui have moths? I’ll have to double-check my sources on that one. In the meantime I guess I’ll just file them under “Mythological Entities that Stannis Maru could conceivably pull from the Legend,” other examples of which include Mata Nui’s moon, a more tolerable rendition of Stannis Maru, and the female orgаsm. Moth existence notwithstanding, Jokaro’s workbench and the crafts thereupon were revealed to the gathered group as they entered into the workshop proper - the prototype V2 settled within a nest of spare parts, all dolled up in its cosmetics of grease, varnish, and the occasional fleck of rust.

This is more or less what you want!” proclaimed Nostradamus. “Just finished building it this afternoon - I call it the ‘V2 Patero.’ It’s lighter, and much easier to operate; theoretically, it should also shoot a bit further - at the expense of payload size, of course. But, as you can see-”

Hefting and carefully cradling the prototype launcher like one would a newborn, Jokaro swivelled around on his heel. His trance-like sales pitch was abruptly shattered by an apparition; a specter, a phantom come back to haunt him from times of old. The Ghost of Christmas Past.

“Oh, there you are, Farzan.” remarked the Po-Matoran, too curious about his fellow’s burden to be irritated. He cocked his head, sizing up the back-laden materiel, and wondering why the Fa-Matoran had elected not to load his cargo onto his crab. “Dumpster diving again?”

OOC: @Emzee @Geardirector

• Like 1

IC: Nikarra (The Iron Mahi)

"Never realised you were such a romantic. You know, you never did say why you're heading to Forsi."

OOC: @Void Emissary

Edited by Goose
full steam ahead

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - Dustpool Inn

“Maybe it was just a freak accident that caused it,” Datrox replied, struggling for decent answers. “Maybe someone did it to you. Some people have nasty abilities and they use them in nasty ways.”

A pause, and then he suddenly backed his seat up, the sound of it skidding across the floor audible through the building, and stood. The Ta-Toa leaned against the table. “I don’t think I’m hungry anymore,” he said, not looking at Kohra. A bag of widgets fell from his cloak onto the table as he turned to leave. “I’ll be waiting outside. We have a train to catch.”

With that, Datrox left the inn, not sure what to think of the situation anymore. He was doing a good deed here, right? He would help Kohra find her memories again, surely. Nothing could stay lost forever. But something was nagging at him. Something was not right with her—besides the amnesia, and besides whatever was wrong with her arm. There was something else going on.

He would figure it out sooner or later, he thought, but he preferred sooner. Datrox tapped the side of his Huna and his visor fell, clicking back into place and obscuring his optics once again. Protecting him.

The Toa of Fire sighed and leaned against the side of the building, arms crossed, and waited for his companion.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Rynekk | The Fowadi

"You mean during the Jazek Rehn affair?" Rynekk replied, hands on his hips. "Hopefully that hasn't soured her perception of us, eh? But I think I remember Ruuli -- spoke with her briefly way back when, first time I was in Ga-Koro with all of you. She might still remember me. But either of them sound like promising options, in that case -- if our friends ever get back to ship and we can set sail."

He laughed, lightly, to show that he didn't any tardiness against them... too much.

OOC: @Perp@Silvan Haven@The UltimoScorp

IC: Gunner | The Infernavika

"We should pick up some grain and a still, if we can," I added. "Not to toot my own horn, but I used to be in the bootlegging business for a bit in my younger days. Might serve us well to have a bit more of a sustainable supply of booze, considering--"

I cast a glance over at Lohkar.

"--some members of the crew."

OOC: @Ghosthands@pokemonlover360@Snelly

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi

"I had come to the desert in search of Castle Blackrock," I said, "the sanctum of the death cultists of Ak'rei'an. I had... wished to learn from them what lay beyond death. Whether there was anything to be found off this mortal coil. But the castle was naught by ruin and rubble when I arrived there... and the spears and shattered shields of the guards of Po and Ga. I thought, if I came to Forsi, where both armies meet, I might be able to find someone with the answers I seek."

OOC: @Goose

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, Dustpool Inn]

She watched the Toa leave, trying to process his answer, but found her mind grasping at straws. The acid reflux of frustration started to burn in the back of her throat again as memory kept slipping just out of reach every time she reached for it, thoughts fizzling out into foggy nothing. She was certain she wasn’t new on the island. That much she was certain of. It all seemed familiar to a degree. The when and how were as elusive as the when and how she wound up here, but the feeling of having been here before…it was undeniable.

Maybe Datrox was right in his guess - for that’s what it clearly had been. In fact, if the first friendly face she could remember seeing also turned out to belong to someone who could immediately help her, that would be reason to be more than a little suspicious of them. But it made sense, maybe she was just the unfortunate victim of an accident or disease, or indeed malicious intent - someone might have just done this to her. But that was…no. It just didn’t feel right. Victim…she bristled at the thought of accepting that label for herself. It was certainly possible but she refused. And she couldn’t put her fingers on why. 

This is all like a dream…no, a recurring nightmare…

She was in it, unable to wake up and when she tried to exert control - it kept shifting, twisting, denying her a way out and with no clues as to her place in it all.

She needed something…a starting point. Something to serve as an anchor for the rest. Her eyes flitted across the table…then to the door. Datrox was gone. Outside. Waiting, right? Another sting in the pit of her stomach at the momentary feeling of abandonment, gone again the instant she realized what it was.

Her gaze dropped again, then moved back to herself. Having a moment alone, she hesitatingly began tugging at her poncho. Maybe seeing her…condition, would trigger something.  She could feel the sting as the cloth brushed against the dark flesh and its protrusions underneath, making her wince. The renewed pain began to erode her desire to see the appendage again, but she kept going, forcing herself - until she caught the first glimpse of the actual texture of her arm, slick, oily rot flashing in the dimness of what little light she allowed to reach it.

Her head was swimming in the full on wave of nausea that overcame her. She could feel her insides clench painfully and she breathed heavily, eyes squeezed shut, singularly focused on keeping the meal she’d just had in place. For a second, it felt like she might succeed…and then the vortixx was on her feet, rushing for the restrooms to spend the next couple of minutes in utter misery and struggling for breath.

When she emerged again, she’d tried to clean up again as best she could. The Matoran innkeeper didn’t seem to notice as they were just about to clear the table. “Thought you’d gone.” they commented. “Was about to throw this all out - unless you want the rest to go.”

Kohra looked at the half empty plates. This time she managed to get a hold of herself…simply because she had nothing left. She had absolutely no appetite after the ordeal - but she was also painfully aware she couldn’t keep running on empty either. She didn’t trust herself to open her mouth yet, so she just nodded.

Yes, please.

She emerged a short while later into the dusty street, box in hand. Still shaky and feeling a bit queasy…but she tried her best not to let that show. And she did indeed find the Toa waiting for her outside.

She could tell Datrox was having doubts by the way he’d reacted before heading out, but…it had registered that he had said ‘we’. And that meant for the first time in a long time…she wasn’t alone.

And she remembered something else he’d mentioned.

“So…this train…where does it go?”

OOC: @Tarn feel free to get those two to the station/aboard the train =)

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Tera looked up from her desk, away from the map of the island she’d been considering. She was still waiting for the other rahkshi shaped--errr… well, she supposed neither they nor Makuta wore shoes, but the metaphor might still stand. Foot? That didn’t have quite the same ring, but perhaps there was something there.

She reached up with her hand and gave an almost lazy gesture, the door Dehkaz had just knocked on clicking as the stone components of the latch slid to the side and it slightly opened. 

Come in.

Dehkaz listened with half an ear, though intently enough to file it away for later discussion, to Skyra and Krayn. A growing sense of concern over the Le-Toa’s current condition permeated the air, broken as the door before them swung inward ever so slightly. Dehkaz pushed it open the rest of the way, giving a nod and casual salute in greeting to the Captain of the Po-Koro Guard.

Afternoon Tera, we’re gearing up to set off soon. The Fowadi’s practically shining. Few more things to iron out, and I believe Krayn has some questions as well.

“Captain Stonehaven,” The De-Toa greeted, pushing down a long ingrained instinct to salute. For the moment he was a civilian. The Captain had been fairly new to her post the last time he was in Po-Koro; a stint of detached duty to the Village of Stone, continuing in the same cooperation from before Makuta’s fall. It wasn’t work that crossed their paths very often, but he couldn’t have stayed as long as he did without seeing her in passing. This was their first proper meeting, though, and the first time he properly took stock of her. “Dehkaz was kind enough to let me piggyback his meeting with you.”

In place of a salute he extended his hand to shake, with a friendly- albeit absent- smile.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you properly. Krayn Inzaka, formerly of the Gukko Force.”

Tera stood, her light blue eyes looking over Krayn before extending a hand to shake his. “A pleasure, Mr. Inzaka. I know a little of your history, though tangentially…

The Po-Toa gestured around her office, walled with filing cabinets, the only exception a pair of cestus hung in a place of honor over the map of the Koro, one badly dented, the other stained with blood.

I’m still working through Captain Wortan’s records. Dehkaz said you had questions, what can I do for you?

Krayn opened his mouth to speak, and then paused. The matter was so simple on the face of it but with so many layers beneath, so many questions he had to find some way to ask. If he enlisted, who would he work for? Would they be willing to work with him? Is your work environment toxic? Salary? Sick days? By the way, is your new boss a fascist too?

“That’s a surprisingly complex question. May I sit?”

Tera gestured to the chairs across from her desk as a wordless assent to Krayn’s request, indicating one for Dehkaz too. She sat as they did.

“Makuta is back.” The sentence rested for a moment without follow up or preamble and Krayn held his coffee mug from outside cupped in his left hand. “That probably isn’t a shock to you. I had my suspicions before I came back from Ko-Wahi, but Dehkaz and I ran into a friend that confirmed it.”

Tera let out a breath and nodded, her expression becoming a dour frown. “I thought as much, or… Mmm. Did you fight in defense of any of the villages, Mr. Izanaka? When the Rahkshi attacked?

“Which time?” Krayn gave half an apologetic smile at even that dry a joke, and took a long sip from his mug. “Yes. I was in Ga-Koro during the final attack, on the deck of the Infernavika as a matter of fact, a few hundred yards from the Fowadi. Before then I was present during the assault of six upon Le-Wahi.”

Tera’s head bowed, then she nodded. "Then you know what they’re like. Vicious. Overwhelming. There were few of us here, we’d lost a lot even before--well, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you."

She took her own sip and her eyes flicked back up to meet his. “But we had moments where it seemed like we were winning. Pushing them back, getting a chance to breathe. And every time that happened, they’d come back stronger. Because above all, those creatures and their master are singularly relentless.” Her jaw shifted. “To an extent, it’s felt like these past years have just been another winning moment in a battle that’s still not over. But if he’s back, truly, well… I expect that fleeting second to end soon.

The other Toa nodded. There wasn’t a need to ask a question, or to relate his own memory of the fight. It was a point they both understood. He sipped his coffee, allowing the thought to settle, and then nodded again.

“I think it already has. Captain, I retired from the Force for personal reasons. I won’t bore you with them. But I thought it was over. I could rest easy after a frankly grueling few years. But I went to Ko-Wahi because I couldn’t sit by.” He shrugged, the movement obviously hesitant and uncomfortable in one shoulder. “Without Dehkaz, here, I would have died there. I would have liked for that to be the epilogue, the genuine end to a war we’d won.”

“Clearly it wasn’t. I can’t stand by now, either, and by myself I’m a little short-handed for this fight.” He took a longer breath, letting out out slowly. “The reasons I left the Force are still in play. If you have concerns about my competency I’m happy to alleviate them, but my resignation wasn’t of that sort. I’m here, frankly, because I need to work with someone. Po-Koro is the closest thing to a home I have now, but it also… hasn’t been perfect.”

He met the Captain’s eyes without condemnation, but without apology either.

“Dehkaz was kind enough to let me come along because I want to come to some kind of an arrangement to continue working with him, and the Sentinels. But I came because I needed to meet you, too. To see if you were someone I can trust.”

The aforementioned Toa of Magnetism’s violet gaze flicked from Krayn to Tera. He sat, quiet as the two spoke, having nothing to include as of yet. His hands were steepled before him as he regarded the other two. For a brief moment his mind hit on just how unlikely their small gathering was; in a hundred other lives none of them would have been here at this table, let alone as acquaintances and allies.

More and more it was becoming clear just how powerful a motivator the Darkness the island struggled against was.

No, it isn’t perfect. It hasn’t been perfect.” The Po-Toa’s eyes met Krayn’s steadily. “I think one of the many costs of our momentary victory over Makuta has been our naivete about our own nature when deprived of darkness to unite against, but perhaps that’s for the best.

She tapped her finger on her desk once. “As far as trust goes, know that I serve the Koro, for her people and the ideals of what she could be. I hope any actions of mine you’ve heard of have borne that out. Moreover, with darkness once again on our doorstep I believe the island working in concert is imperative. The Aggressors are a great symbol of that cooperation and something I’m glad we play host to.

A shrug. “Of course, it’s all well and good to say those things. You’ll have to judge if you can trust me for yourself.

Krayn’s mouth quirked with what might have been something like discomfort— or maybe distaste— at the mention of the old task force. Not directed at the Captain. To her he nodded slightly, almost unconsciously. There wasn’t any give to her tone but she hadn’t bristled at the point either; the Po-Toa didn’t pretend Po-Koro’s former attitude hadn’t happened. But she didn’t try to justify it, either, and she had her priorities straight. 

“You’re right. Words are easy. But you’ve said the right ones, Captain.” The Toa’s posture relaxed just a little. “Which I suppose brings us to whether or not you’re willing to make use of me, Captain.”

In a vacuum that would be a fairly difficult question to answer, but I suppose the Commander’s presence is fortuitous in that regard.” Her eyes flicked to the Toa of Magnetism sitting quietly next to Krayn. “What would your impression be of him, Dehkaz? You’ve saved his life, I figure you must know.” A slight smirk quirked her dark lips.

A brow raised on the aftermost mentioned Toa’s Kanohi, and from behind it Dehkaz glanced from Krayn back to Tera. His hands separated from their position before him as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Scarce few people nowadays that I’d trust to have my back regardless of the situation at hand,” he addressed to the Captain of the Guard, his tone was characteristically pragmatic though still wholehearted sincere, backed by an ease to his normally rigid posture and intonation. “Krayn is among those, but more than that; there aren’t many of those who I’d trust to keep that same sort of dedication to the people of this island as a whole.” 

Dehkaz paused for a moment, as if considering something.

Give him access, information, support, and there isn’t an injustice he wouldn’t tackle,” The Toa of Magnetism looked to Krayn for a moment, before continuing to speak to the Po-Toa, “Great Spirit knows he’s gone up against the evils of this island without any before.

Give him a lever and a pile of stones to stand on and he’ll move the island, huh?” Tera smiles faintly. “If Commander Dehkaz vouches for you sincerely I would be remiss in refusing your service. The only question is what role you’ll serve. What do you currently do aboard the Fowadi?"

“Manage my old boss.” The quip slipped out, a stopgap against his surprise at the depths of Dehkaz’s ringing endorsement. And ringing was the word; every material in the world had a resonant frequency, the right sound that would make it shake, and he had a feeling that this was what it would feel like. He’d have to get the Commander back for that. “Aside from that, Captain, I haven’t served directly on it before. I was there when we picked it up to go after the ’Vika and I’ve spent a lot of time as a helpful passenger. But I’m not much of a sailor.”

The De-Toa shrugged, then smiled as a thought crossed his mind.

“If Dehkaz is up for it, perhaps he’d be willing to be my supervisor. A friend made the point that I don’t seem to do well in a rigid command structure. Having the Commander around to make sure I’m using my authority wisely would work out, I think.”

If you know how to swim and fight, I think that’s all that’s needed.” Tera smirked, her eyes drifting to Dehkaz. “That arrangement would be amenable to me. Commander, I assume you’re content with this as well?

Absolutely,” Came the Commander’s reply, his face pretty clearly showing the positive appraisal for the arrangement which the De-Toa had come up with. It was a clever idea, the three of them knew how much efficiency was lost in the day to day grind of Guard activities. It was necessary, of course, as the island’s defensive forces grew in size so did the sheer logistical needs to coordinate them effectively. However, Krayn didn’t necessarily need command, nor underlings to carry out his orders. No, the both of them knew that he worked best without obstructions, and this was the best way to clear them.

Your cabin is as you left it on the Fowadi,” Dehkaz turned to address Krayn himself as he spoke, giving a small nod more to himself than the two other Toa in the office, “I’ll get the finer details sorted out while we’re underway.

Satisfied with the mental checklist that he had rearranged, Dehkaz rose from his seat. “Thank you for your time Tera,” he said, “We should be headed back to the ship now, wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve already managed to catch some pirates by the time we get back. I’ll send word when we reach Ga-Koro.

With pleasantries exchanged, the two Toa parted from the monolithic stone structure of Sentinel HQ, the sun still high in the sky as they stepped out into the dusty main road. From there, it didn’t take too much time to collect the rest of their band and make their way back to the Iron Mahi line to Ostia.

Edited by sunflower
  • Like 4

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Skyra Daring - Ostia - The Fowadi -

By the time we all got back to the ship, it had been one of the longest days of my life. Despite this I was happy, because I had returned with new weapons and gear. My head was feeling better as well, at least for the moment. I was feeling pretty upbeat actually, I talked the entire ride on the Iron Mahi back to Ostia.

"Yo!" I called as I stepped onto the deck of the Fowadi. "I'm back! You guys miss me? I brought guns and other stuff, I'm like...twice as dangerous now!" 

There was my new wrist-mounted grapple, two Diskette pistols, the matching scarves I bought for me and Dorian, and uh...uhh...other stuff.

It was far from enough though, obviously the only way to defeat Makuta was to be armed to the teeth. So until I had every weapon that existed or otherwise, I wasn't gonna stop. Completely reasonable goal. Yup. 

@Krayzikk @sunflower @Silvan Haven @The UltimoScorp @Haman Karn: A Magical Girl @Perp @otter

IC:

"You trying to imply we're late, Rynekk?"

Krayn stepped off the gangplank with a little less enthusiasm, perhaps, but no slower than his erstwhile commander. It still didn't feel right not to be wearing his coat— the tailor was quick, but not a miracle worker— but the long wrapped bundle slung over his right shoulder was taking just as much getting used to. A few other odds and ends, his other spoils, bulged out pouches along its exterior and his left revolver holster had migrated under his left shoulder for the time being. The documentation, limited though it was, of his irregular new position was tucked into his belt.

The sun had gotten low in the sky indeed, but it seemed like most of the familiar faces (and their newest sailor) were still congregated on the deck. Including the man he had already called out, something cushioned by the smile in his voice to a joke rather than a complaint.

"Some of us had time to leave and come back. That mask isn't wearing out, is it?"

@Void Emissary@sunflower

• Like 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dehkaz [Ostia Docks, Fowadi]

Dehkaz followed Krayn up to the Fowadi's weather deck, behind them on the dock below workers were moving about, untying mooring lines and removing empty pallets which had held stacks of barrels and supplies when they had departed the ship earlier that day. A sizeable collection of onlookers, some gathered on the dock or adjacent docks and some in the harbor itself standing on small boats and skiffs, had gathered throughout the day as news of the refitted flagship's departure had spread throughout the white stone port town. It wasn't a great surprise, the ironclad's gleaming hull had become a fixture in Ostia during the previous few months, and many of the individuals gathered had a hand in her overhaul.

The deck of the battleship itself was beginning to take on a frantic hum of activity, though orders shouted and signals raised kept a frame of organization to the otherwise indecipherable activity. Hatches and scuttles were being secured and rigging checked and tied into position all the way down the length of the metallic leviathan. Within the depths of the ship came a reverberating repetitive clunk as the anchor was weighed and slowly rose from the water a link at a time. Even deeper beneath the deck was the hum of the pump starting up and getting up to pressure.

Amongst all of this, Dehkaz took up a position behind the ship's wheel, pulling it to starboard and waiting for the final confirmation that all was set for their departure. The gangway was removed, the last mooring line was pulled aboard, and the Fowadi began drift away from the dock. Dehkaz gave a command, and the yards were trimmed to starboard and the pure white topsails let down to catch the offshore wind as well as the golden afternoon light. Now fully under her own power, the ironclad set off in earnest, much to the excitement of the onlookers gathered.

Gaining speed rapidly despite its apparent bulk, it didn't take long for the Fowadi to clear the harbor entrance and sail out into Leva Bay. To their port side just outside the harbor sat the ironclad Pakanokai, having been completed only a few short months prior. A flash of light followed by thunder rolling over the sea emanated from the Fowadi's smaller sister ship as its saluting guns arced a salvo of photothermic charges high into the sky above. Dehkaz watched them pass, before turning his attention back to their course ahead. Behind him the geography of the stone coast began to drop away from his view, taken over by the great endless expanse of ocean that stretched out further than he could possibly see before him.

OOC: Fowadi and gang to Ga-Wahi.

@Void Emissary @Krayzikk @Silvan Haven @Snelly @The UltimoScorp @Perp @otter

• Like 6

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Taking advantage of the current moment to timeskip things forward for the 'Vika.

Spoiler

IC (Lohkar) [The Infernavika, Ostia]

Today would be a rare treat for the ship-watchers of Ostia. From the casual onlooker to the dedicated enthusiast, the departure of the Fowadi in all her refitted glory was a long-awaited spectacle for the denizens of the port town's dockyards. So imagine their surprise and delight when, scarcely an hour later, the more eagle-eyed among them identified a distant approaching vessel as the other contender for Mata Nui's most famous ship.

Tall and sleek in the Lesterin style, triple-masted, carved from red Khacha wood, the Infernavika was an unmistakable sight even before she was close enough to make out her figurehead (the eponymous firebird) and nameplate. Racing across Leva Bay with all the speed for which she was renowned, she cut through the glittering water with the grace and power of a Takea. Her snow-white sails were furled one by one as she neared the port, gradually slowing her approach to a gentle glide, until her crew dropped anchor and leapt with ropes to secure her to the dock. Her main-mast flew a Ga-Koronan privateer flag, though it was evident from mutterings among some of the more lawfully-minded folk present that not everybody was convinced by the crew's heel-face turn of recent times. The gangplank was slid out and secured, and Captain Lohkar came striding across to equal parts cheers and jeers from those around, all of which were answered with the same roguish grin.

"Good to see ya all too!"

With the ship docked, Lohkar and his crew set to work. Some, coordinated by Gunner, began the process of scouting out, purchasing and loading the various goods that would be needed for their voyage. Others, glad of any excuse to frequent the port's bars and taverns, began a nonetheless equally important task: spreading rumours. A sign posted on a noticeboard here, an easily-overheard conversation there, a whisper and a widget slipped to the right person...word travels fast on an island where people wear the Kakama and Kualsi, and soon it would reach not just every corner of Ostia, but each of the six Koro and everywhere in-between.

The word was that Captain Lohkar was back in town, and this time he had the motherload: he knew the location of the islands of Zakaz and Seprilli, home to the Skakdi and Lesterin peoples and full of opportunity for those bold enough to grasp it. The Infernavika would soon be setting sail to make the long and difficult voyage to those distant lands, and was offering passage aboard to any willing to pay. Not only this, the location itself was also for sale to any who wished to make the journey themselves. And lastly, Lohkar was once again recruiting. Ostensibly this was all legitimate enterprise and the Infernavika was nowadays toeing the legal line, but to the right ears, there would be an implication that the Infernavika's activities in Zakazian waters might be of a more piratical nature...

Lohkar sat in the private back room of the Dancing Crab, generally accepted as Ostia's liveliest and seediest tavern, legs up and lazily crossed on the table in front of him.

"And now," he murmured over a mug of the house rum, "we wait."

• Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Koro - The Iron Mahi

“From one end of the Wahi to the other,” Datrox explained as they walked, “it makes a couple stops but the important one right now is Forsi.”

Once the station was in sight Datrox started walking a bit faster, but not enough that Kohra couldn’t keep up. “From there we can ferry ourselves to Ga-Koro. Who knows—maybe a change of scenery alone will jog something in your memory,” he added, trying to give his companion some hope.

The station was busy with commuters, and Datrox became concerned he could get separated from Kohra. Without thinking he took the Vortixx’s good hand as they slipped through the crowd and quickly boarded, Datrox taking the seat closest to the window. He let out a sigh and reclined in his seat.

“Do you think you ever took the Mahi before you lost your memories?”

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

It took a few moments before Kohra could answer. She had kept pace well enough leading up to the station, but when faced with the crowd, her pace had slowed considerably. The chaos of voices and bodies all moving at random very much put the amnesiac on edge, to the point where even now, safely in a seat aboard the train, she was almost hugging herself and Datrox could see the glint of perspiration on her face. He noticed she kept glancing out the window every few seconds, with a distant, haunted look in her eyes.

He had also noticed that the Vortixx, despite her earlier outburst, had not taken his head off when he had taken her by her hand again unexpectedly. In fact she hadn’t reacted to that at all this time.

“No…I don’t think so.” she finally admitted, but then, sounding almost sheepish, she added: “But I…I think I know how it works.”

She glanced out the window again.

“Not as in ‘it goes station to station’. I mean…I saw the engine and I could tell you about each beam and panel and connecting pin it’s made from…and I don’t know how I know.”

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 3

An eyebrow was raised under Datrox’s visor. There were a couple reasons Kohra would be able to know that, but he wasn’t sure which of them were more likely. “Does that mean you used to work on it?” he asked, although Kohra had so far not struck him as the engineering type. “Maybe you were interested in machinery before…whatever happened.”

He turned to the window, looking out at nothing in particular. “Sorry for grabbing your hand like that, by the way. I just didn’t want to lose you in the crowd.” He shrugged. “Figured I would pay for it later.”

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

“No…it’s…I’m sorry…about earlier.” the vortixx managed, grimacing. She did honestly feel bad for snapping at the Toa, since he’d been nothing but helpful. But when she thought back to that instant…she wasn’t sure she’d have stopped if she hadn’t snapped out of it in time. The thought made her wince, another sting of pain in her gut. 

She focused back on the train, the tech. Apparently something she knew, she just didn’t know how…just like with everything else.

“I…I don’t think I ever saw…this train. Pretty sure I didn’t work on it…” she trailed off for a moment, looking out the window at the crowd. But that was an unsettling sight and she picked up her trail of thought again: “I…I see places and…I don’t know them, but…they feel familiar. Somehow…I dunno. It doesn’t make sense to me either.”

“But…tech…I think I…”

She stopped again, a funny look on her face now. Almost bewildered. Her good hand dropped down and Datrox could see her fiddling with something under her poncho, like she was trying to find something behind her. After a moment, her arm came up again, holding up a somewhat box shaped device. It was about the length of her forearm, with a brace on one end and a horizontal grip mounted underneath it on the other. Above that, were two hinges on either side with what looked like folded leaf-springs.

“Had this for as long as I can remember…so…y’know…doesn’t say much but…I couldn’t get it working then. Maybe now, I…”

She made a move to reach for the device with her left hand, to turn the thing over with both hands, but as soon as it registered what she was about to do, she stopped, dropping her left hand back before it became visible and dropping the device in her lap.

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 2

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

"That oughta be the last of it," I said as I walked into the captain's booth and slid into the seat next to him. "We've got as many provisions as the ol' girl can hold without slowing her down, which is still a fair bit. Especially--"

I shot a look at Lohkar.

"--considering all the widgets we had to burn to get it," I added, pulling off my coat. "I hope you know what you're doing, Captain."

OOC: @Ghosthands

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

“Probably should be careful with that in here,” Datrox said. He looked away from the device for a moment and glanced around the train car. “It uh, it looks dangerous.”

He could tell it was supposed to be a weapon, and he preferred the amnesiac woman wouldn’t try to fiddle with it on a crowded passenger train. He looked to Kohra again.

“So as far as we know, you’re somebody who knew a little something about tech. I guess that’s not a huge revelation for a Vortixx.” Datrox sighed. “Gotta be something that would set off a memory or two—get us somewhere. Which, speaking of getting us somewhere…”

The Ta-Toa leaned back further in his seat. “Should be a smooth ride from here to Forsi. Then, we’ll be in Ga-Koro before you know it, and hopefully solving this whole thing. You’ve got that to look forward to.”

There was a sudden feeling in his chest. Like he should be worried about something.

“Although, last time I took the Mahi…nah, couldn’t happen again.

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Verak

If you’re looking for me, don’t check the prisons of the Ga-Koro Marines. Check the bars. 

Yeah, that’s right, not to brag, but I am currently unincarcerated, a surprising fact considering that the last thing I remember clearly was assaulting a Ga-Koro Marines fortress head on, baby, with barely a plan and a man I’d barely met. I’ll tell you, if you every wanna make a friend, it’s a good first date. Well maybe not, if you you are like me and decline to set up a rendezvous spot so you can meet up after the fight, because we never actually saw each other again after that. And hey, I really tried to find him! (spent almost an hour of work!) I promised him I’d give him back his mask (and take back mine) and I really did try to keep my word, honest to the spirit. You don’t believe me? It’s not like I didn’t have motivation: getting into the back end of Le-Koro was a lot easier than getting out of it without my Kualsi was. Take it from me: no matter how agile your Kanohi Calix makes you, it won’t help you wade through the Fau Swamp and keep mud from squirming its way into grooves you didn’t even know you had.

Look, I don’t want to knock my new/old mask — the Calix looks a whole heck of a lot better than the Kualsi does —  but it unfortunately it has meant that the face which assaulted a heavily guarded fort is still the face I’m wearing, and unfortunately for all the scum and villainy of the island, the fuzz has gotten a lot better at inter-Koro communication. I mean, Mata-Nui, what ever happened to the good old days when you could murder someone in Ta-Koro and live comfortably within the law in Ga-Koro? (For you petty criminals, don’t worry, there’s still hope for you, and I’m authority on this because the last time I was arrested in Po they completely left out my recent Ko-Koro pickpocketing spree from their extensive list of charges.) These days, if you’re a real, official, big name legend who may or may not have assaulted a guard fortress, it’s not exactly safe in a populated port. Or karz, anywhere on the island these days. I’m telling you, when did all these settlements start appearing in Po-Koro? I miss the days when this place just a big sandbox. 

But where was I?

In a rowdy bar, taking another shot of whiskey that I’ve put on a tab I have no intention of paying. I think that cute trader in the corner just glanced at me, and I’m trying to see if I can get her to make eye contact with me so I can give a suggestive raise of my eyebrows—

No, no, wait, I lost my thread again. Where was I?

That’s right! Rejoining the Ga-Koro Navy.

Now, there are two aspects of that sentence that should be shocking to you. The first is that I said “re-joining” the navy (Check the records, I swear it’s not a lie) but the general sense of that sentence is just as shocking: You should say, “Wait, isn’t the navy that organization you just said has been hounding you across the island? Maybe you should be running away instead of toward them, considering your face and name have accumulated more Ga-Koro arrest warrants than all the Piraka put together?”

But that’s where you’d be wrong, and that’s intentional, because you’re hypothetical and you act however I want you to right now. Also, there is a big piece of information I’m leaving out.

The Ga-Koro captain I was swaying across the bar to find was not your everyday captain, oh no. He’s the kind of guy you can trust — trust in this case meaning can count on for a strong distaste for paperwork and a strong admiration for the value of stolen gold. 

I picked out a familiar sea-worn longcoat and noticed the regal green-grey Toa of Air who was wearing it slip through the door into a back room. Immediately, I crab danced my way across the floor of The Dancing Crab, snatched an unattended beer from the edge of a table, and slipped unobtrusively into the back room.

“Good evening, gentlemen,” I announced, as I swaggered toward the table Gunner had just found, trying to compete with the charisma of the bedecked Captain Lohkar reclining across from him. “How have the high seas been treating you without me?”

So maybe my plan sounds a little better now? Return to a life of pirating, sail the endless ocean, and flee this well trodden, over-beuracratic, prison filled island all together, leaving Akiri Hahli with a lifelong regret about the dashing rogue she could never quite catch? What’s gonna happen on the other side of this voyage across the ocean is a little hazy, but hey, when has half-planning a plan ever gotten me in trouble before?

Edited by Visaru
  • Like 2

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

Lohkar squinted briefly at the newcomer, then grinned in recognition.

"Oh it's you!" he exclaimed. "Virok! No...Vekar...? Wait!" One finger shot up, as if to silence any corrections. "It'll come to me."

"Verak-"

"VERAK! Well, the other Verak. Just as well — never did like the first one." He raised his flagon in greeting. "Good to see ya, mate! What brings you to this charming den of iniquity?"

The reclining captain took a glug of rum and raised an eyebrow conspiratorially.

"Heard the good news?"

OOC: @Visaru @Void Emissary

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 2

ic - Verak

"Well of course I have, Captain, couldn't resist the call to adventure!" I slip into a chair across from him, leaning into what some people might refer to as 'Gunner's personal space', and raise my stolen tankard. "I hear tell of... well, to tell you the truth, brother, I'm a little hazy on most of the details, except the ones about you sailing across the endless sea and off this island, which happen to be the relevant ones for me. if you catch my drift. So I thought your ship might be in dire need of a charming charismatic, Calix wearing Toa of sand." I grin and take a large swig of my drink. "Savvy?"

• Like 1

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

"Dunno if I'd say dire need," Lohkar replied with a smirk. "But aye, you'd be welcome aboard. Long as you don't make yourself too much of a liability."

He took another swig.

"I seem to remember you bein' one o' the few people around who can make me look cautious an' prudent."

OOC: @Visaru @Void Emissary

• Like 1

IC Verak

My grin grew even wider before I realized that that wasn't supposed to be a compliment.

"Well, I didn't sink your ship last time, Captain, and I think I've got just enough of a self-preservations instinct to keep up that good behavior." I wink. "Although, mate, you're the one planning on sailing over the edge of the world with just a heading and a whole lot of hope, maybe you're the one I should be worried about." I raise my eyebrows in mock concern at Gunner. 

• Like 1

IC: Taleen - The Dancing Crab, Ostia -

Taleen appeared, quite literally before her captain and other crewmates, such was the nature of a Toa of Sonics that wore a Huna, who could appear or disappear at pretty much any time. Only those with a trained eye even had a chance of detecting her without her wishing it. Unless of course they had some sort of power that let them cheat, that was always annoying to deal with.

"Been spreading word around, whole island should have at least heard something by tomorrow I'd reckon." Taleen slowly glanced at Verak, eying him up and down. "Hmmmm...interesting." 

What she meant by that she would never tell. 

@Ghosthands@Void Emissary@pokemonlover360@Visaru

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

ic Verak

I think I probably jumped out of my armor when the attractive grey and black Toa with a Huna materialized out of nothing beside me. I stare at her in stunned silence for a moment, unable to move until some of the adrenaline faded from my system (and let me assure you pal, the way she’s looking at me like she’s sizing up a strange insect is not helping matters.)

But I’m used to adrenaline and it wasn’t long before my heart rate slowed to a pace low enough to allow me to chuckle, grin, and say, “Course I’m interesting, sister, you got that right. Can’t materialize out of nowhere like you can, but that’s only ‘cause I lost by Kualsi to a dashing Toa of Plasma in a risky gambit. A tale as old as time, I’m sure.”

• Like 1

IC Verak - the Dancing Crab

“What’s the story?” 

The story? Asking me that was a big mistake. if you’ve been paying attention, you'll know I’m always overeager to share, and usually do so using about three times as many words as necessary. You don’t mind though, do you? It’s all beautiful prose, after all. I mean, I'm about to use phrases like "melodramatic sorrow" and "sublime beauty."

“Well, mates,” I lean back in my chair, “have you ever seen what it’s like above the clouds? That’s one of the rare joys of a Kanohi Kualsi. Seeing the top of the sky: a magical world of wispy white heavenly landscapes. The clouds look solid as rock, at least until you plummet right through them. Which I did, not long ago, on one of my tourist visits to the heavenly realm with my old teleportation mask."

“So,” I lean forward with a grin, picking up my pace. “I fall out of the sky and find myself in the midst of a small port town in Le-Koro. I’ve barely stood up and brushed the rubble off my armor when I find myself standing face to face with another grey clad Toa,” I nod at the spooky Toa of Sonics nearby, “who was almost as startled to see me as I was to see her a second ago.”

“This fellow was handsome, athletic, charismatic, clearly capable, and covered in scars, so honestly just picture me, except grey. It’s an exceptionally accurate mental image, especially because I’m now wearing his mask.” I tap my Calix, the one that used to belong to Toa Cipher, the man I’m describing.

“In the short hours we knew each other, we became close enough to trade masks. After all, I wanted to share the wonders of the sky with my new friend, and he felt charitable enough to let me remind myself of the wonders of the Calix, a joy I’d forgotten since I lost my old mask of fate in an old lighthouse down south. But unfortunately, fate has separated the two of us." I place a hand on my chest, feigning melodramatic sorrow. "After he teleported away to try out his new power over teleportation, I never saw him again. All I can hope is that he’s out there somewhere in the sky now, experiencing that rare sublime beauty above the clouds.”

I raise my tankard to Cipher’s memory, and take a swig.

I know I didn’t really finish the story, but I’ve changed my mind about storytelling: I think I prefer the air of mystery. 

• Like 2

IC: Taleen - The Dancing Crab, Ostia -

"I prefer to keep my feet on the ground personally." Taleen commented as she casually tossed butter knives into the dart board nearby, they never failed to stick. 

@Ghosthands@Void Emissary@pokemonlover360@Visaru

Edited by Snelly

• 2 weeks later...

IC: [Kohra - Po-Koro, aboard the Iron Mahi]

As if on cue with Datrox’ warning, the rectangular device suddenly flipped open, revealing it to be some sort of compact crossbow weapon. Surprised, Kohra fumbled and almost dropped it, but caught the gadget again. 

“...right.” she said meekly, quickly folding the crossbow arms back into their stowed position and pocketing the whole thing. 

She listened to the Toa hypothezise a bit more, but the prospect of learning more about herself…she knew she needed to, to make sense of it all. But she didn’t feel entirely comfortable with that idea either…then again, that probably was just some sort of anxiety playing a trick on her. She had someone helping her, she wasn’t alone. Yes…this was going to be fine. Right?

“So…uh…what happened the last time you took the train? It looks safe enough…I mean as far as I can tell - which apparently I can do quite well somehow?”

OOC: @Tarn My goodness, did not realize it has almost been another month already. Sorry!

OOC: @Tarn@Perp@Nato G@Xemnas@Johnny Blocksville@oncertainty, the train heist crew has arrived from Ko-Wahi. Apologies for the delays (busy month!) but here we go, let's jump right into this. Go ahead and set the scenes for where exactly your characters are and whatnot. Oh, and let me know if there are any questions!

Oh yeah, here's some vibes and a track.

IC: Quoribay [Darkness. Very dark and... bumpy?]

Now this is the part of the story you actually want to pay attention to, the bit that you stuck around for. The part everybody knows about already, but nobody but I can properly explain.

Po-Wahi is hot.

I mean, I lived in Po most of my life and holy Zataka was it hot on that day. At least, it was for me and Skrol. We did not have the luxurious space of the economy class booths in the two passenger compartments at the head of the Iron Mahi. All I could think about during the hours we were in there was that I should have double checked what I had been smoking when I started the plan for the heist with "lock me up in a box".

Despite the dark heat and subjected to the reeking stench of being confined with a blind Lesterin in crate with poor circulation (despite the smell of the fruit above our hidden compartment that was used to fool our way past inspection) this was truly an elegant solution to the classic problem: how do you break into a high security area?

Same as everyone else - you pay the fee.

The Iron Mahi was more than a publicity stunt, more than a modern marvel, more than a quick ride between Po-Wahi's various settlements. In fact, passengers were a minority of the train's haul - the real powerhouse was in its logistical capability. The massive engine at the front of the train towed five cars. The first two were the ones the public was familiar with from their vacations to beach homes in Forsi, but the final three were the reason Po-Koro had managed to colonize so much of its (basically worthless) land lately: shipping!

I knew from the manifests I'd procured that the target - the big Ussal-less carriage, if you will - was scheduled to ship on this very train. In fact, I knew from its size that it would practically take up the entirety of one of those massive cargo cars. Unfortunately, I didn't know which of the three doors lead to my prize, but either way I needed to get inside them to find out. Searching for and unloading cargo was a task not well suited to doing while, you know, under attack, and boy oh boy would breaking in to the rear sections from the passenger cars lead to unnecessary violence that would only delay our eventual victory. Especially given the fact that the two guards who patrolled the passenger section always seemed to swap out for two new ones when they went for tea time in the back or whatever they do back there.

So to avoid all that kerfuffle, and make for a smoother getaway, I opted for a much different stratagem. The oldest trick in the book was the most important one - misdirection. You know how I would take your drink? I'd look you right in the eye, tell you a funny tale about that time I went on a train heist, tell you about how misdirection is the key by waving a hand over there towards that drink of yours and then by the time you realized that I'm taking way too long to get to my point you'd notice that I was buying another round for myself with your widget. See my poi- OW!

Geez calm down it was an EXAMPLE! A HYPOTHETICAL! PUT ME DOWN! LET GO OF ME!!!

Ahem.

As I was saying. Misdirection. For some reason nowadays that typically involves an explosion - don't you dare tell me that the Ta-Koronan monorail going up in flames wasn't a false flag, I DONT CARE what the 'Akiri Commission' says -

What I mean is, some people will blow up a monorail or a bar or some islets to draw the attention of everyone nearby. But that's a bit crude, don't you think? Messy. Rude, even.

Now, taking hostages, on the other hand, is so much more pleasant. Less bodies on your rap sheet, everyone gets a fun little story about it to tell their mindless co-workers and "friends", and it's great at getting any wannabe heroes to take a step back and think if they really want innocent blood on their hands. Everybody wins!

I've learned a few things about taking hostages over the years. A key one? Everybody FREAKS OUT and takes it SUPER SERIOUSLY. Especially if you make it sound like you're part of the dangerous black ops shadow non-koro-organization that I definitely am. What I'm saying is, it's a great party trick to get everyone in the room to shut their yapping and focus on you. Now, in this case, I won't give a demonstration, after how that last one went. At least, won't be giving a demonstration of taking hostages (again dude it was a PRANK for STORYTELLING purposes). So, use whatever excuse for an imagination you have. Pictured it? No? Let's just move on.

Point is, if half of the crew is at the front with all the passengers making a ruckus, that's a great way of getting all the guards out here out of the cargo area and into the passenger area, giving Skrol and I free reign over the goods once we pop out of our box. I didn't just choose Skrol because as a blind guy he's used to being kept in a dark box, but for his wonderful De-Lesterin hearing. When those at the front of the train brought out the chaos out of nowhere old school style, he'd be able to hear the footsteps of the guards as they left, and we'd slip out of the crate. Worst case, the old rat could somehow hold his own in a fight if someone stayed behind, or at least take a stab for me while I get the job done.

Now, we knew Dolbren would meet up with us once he cut the train in half by detaching the cargo section from the passenger section. I told 'im to get a seat near the very back of the second passenger car, so he'd see the guard reinforcements coming out of the cargo cars and be able to slip in behind them while they were distracted, disconnect the train, and help us with offloading cargo using his anti-gravity jazz hands. Initially I wanted him to be in the box with us and for Karmine to split the tracks... but Karmine had a whole 'nother set of tasks. I wonder what it was like, stowing away under the train. Probably loud. And cramped. He had to lay pretty flat, there wasn't too much space for a Toa beneath the rails. At least with anti-gravity, all it must have felt like was laying down... at blazing fast speeds with the wind and occasional sand, but hey, at least he could see where he was.

Karmine was up there because we wanted to discourage a rapid response by having him snap off the radio antenna above the train's engine before anything went loud. In fact, climbing out from under the train and walking up the side of the engine was probably what would make it go loud to begin with, but the point is, cutting off communications lowered the risk someone running out from either Po-Koro or Forsi before we'd all made our glorious getaway.

Once Karmine cut the cord, all that was left was for Minnorak, Surdo, and Baszlin up in the passenger compartment somewhere to create the distraction and... well, I'll get to the rest of the plan later. But that's what I was waiting on. For... a really long time, inside that #### crate. Took way longer than I thought it would for the train to even get out of the station, let alone far enough along the route for our plan to take motion, but there we were...

SHOWTIME!

OOC: @Silvan Haven lights, camera, ACTION! @Goose honk honk you, @Void Emissary, @Vezok's Friend, and @Tarn should keep all hands inside the vehicle until we have come to a complete stop.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nikarra (The Iron Mahi)

"I had come to the desert in search of Castle Blackrock, the sanctum of the death cultists of Ak'rei'an. I had... wished to learn from them what lay beyond death. Whether there was anything to be found off this mortal coil. But the castle was naught by ruin and rubble when I arrived there... and the spears and shattered shields of the guards of Po and Ga. I thought, if I came to Forsi, where both armies meet, I might be able to find someone with the answers I seek."

Nikarra's expression quickly turned grim. "I'll go with you, Vy, but… cults are pretty infamous for having a lot less answers than they promise."

She turned to the window then, thinking over Vyartha's goal. "Did you… did you lose someone? Or is this about your own mortality?"

OOC: @Void Emissary, primarily, but thanks @BULiK for giving me the kick up the arse I needed to get back to the Mahi

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Dolbren - The Iron Mahi [the absolute back of the second passenger car]

Despite—or perhaps because of—his Po-Koronan youth, Dolbren had very seldom ridden The Iron Mahi. He hadn’t even been back to Po-Wahi in some time. The heat agreed with him, though, and he was used to the desert. He was used to the boredom too. For a moment he thought those two were closely connected: the desert, and the sense of boredom. Upon further reflection, however, it seemed that they could not be. Tundra and desert weren’t so different, but he didn’t feel like this back in Ko. The landscape wasn’t the common denominator. Instead, it must have been that he was returning home. Stepping back into the old familiar boredom, then. Perhaps he knew these desolate vistas, seen now in blurred motion from the Iron Mahi’s window, all too well.

This was all to say that Dolbren was tense. He wasn’t worried, but for now he had little to do but think. He had rushed inside the second passenger car; if things were to go smoothly it was awfully important that he be in exactly the right place. But this meant that, as the train filled up with travellers, he was left wedged into the very back of the cramped car. He was close to the door to the cargo section, to be sure, but didn’t much like to crane his neck past his fellow travellers to see out the window. He wanted to move.

Could have been worse, he supposed: at one point in the planning he was going to make the first leg of the voyage sealed inside a packing crate.

Coming out of his reverie, Dolbren noticed he had been picking at a crack on the edge of the tray table. He smiled bashfully around, but as far as he could tell no one had been watching. Then he gave a quiet sigh, and looked to the door behind him. He could trust his sense of time enough to say that it wouldn’t be long now. What a glorious opportunity this was: kicking a sand snipe nest, and seeing what treasures were hidden within. Not a very elegant mixed metaphor he supposed, but it wasn't like anyone could hear him.

• Like 4

IC: Karmine Madoc - Iron Mahi (The Set-Up)

I'm sure Po-Wahi is nice, but so far it's been hard appreciate the scenery with sand and wind blasting in my face. I really do wish I hadn't ditched those sunglasses from back in the day - for once they'd actually be practical here! But, again. Old me.

Now, by my count, it's getting high time I crawl out from under the train. I'm hoping not to attract too much attention, but as Quoribay highlighted, as long as I destroy their means of communicating back, it shouldn't matter too much. I trust my comrades to have the situation handled if anyone acts brash. No reason for anyone to get hurt if everyone's reasonable, right?

And so, I begin to crawl, using my anti-gravity powers to keep me propped up against the bottom of the train. I'm surprised at myself for not being nervous! I make the climb fairly easily, the trickiest part is keeping my concentration with all the noise and wind. It's hard to break a Toa's elemental focus if they're anywhere past decent, but that doesn't quite mean it's all effortless. But I digress!

I step as lightly as my powers allow, opting to move slower rather than quicker. Nobody seems to have noticed yet, thank the Great Spirit, but I can't really get a good glimpse inside to tell for sure. And as I reach the edge of the engine roof, I somersault upwards and soften my landing next to the antenna, the warm wind cutting across my face. Okay. No need to overthink this.

And so, I reach for the base of the radio antenna and yank it with great force, pulling it out from the train roof like some bad weeds.

OOC: @BULiK Mahi crew, comms are now down. Up to you whether you saw Karmine doing what he's doing.

Edited by Johnny Blocksville
  • Like 4

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

“Don’t worry about it,” was all Datrox replied, looking at the seats in front of them. “Train wasn’t the problem last time. We worked it out.” He did not elaborate.

“It’s fine.”

IC: Surdo - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Surdo reclined into his seat, as if this was going to be a comfortable ride from point A to point B, and not the heist of the…however long it had been since the last one. He wasn’t relaxed on the inside, though. He was waiting.

Surdo had never been one to do the heavy lifting, even on jobs like this, and especially not in his current state; so it made sense to him that he, Baszlin, and Minnorak would be the “distraction” as Quoribay had put it. He didn’t mind putting on a show, putting some fear into the passengers, maybe even starting a fight (inevitable, when you’re committing crime and someone notices). After all, the one with the big gun was working for him.

The Fe-Matoran lowered his head slightly, avoiding looking directly at his companion as he spoke. “I suppose while we wait for Karmine, it wouldn’t hurt to ask…ever been to Po-Wahi before, Baz? Anything memorable?”

He was holding his cane tightly, stroking the Muaka-head with enough force it could possibly come off. Not nervous. Anticipating. Excited. The travel, the planning, coming across Quoribay again in the first place, had all been leading to this moment. Surdo hadn’t felt this way in a long time, and this would probably be the last time. This would be it—one last job.

One big score.

OOC: @BULiK@Perp@Nato G@Johnny Blocksville@oncertainty and @Vezok's Friend. And no worries, Corv.

• Like 5

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)