BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Minnorak - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Externally, the Vortixx continued to play the part of shocked bystander and gawk at the events unfolding before him.

Internally, he was fighting a losing battle against the overwhelming urge to facepalm. 

• Like 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (Second Passenger Car)

“Wait, Kohra—”

Datrox sighed and got up as well. For some reason, he had the gut feeling he should retrieve his sword. Maybe it was just that he didn’t want to be apart from it for too long, like it gave him security. But then again, he wasn’t sure he wanted to be the guy who flaunts a big sword on a passenger train just to investigate a funny noise—it was common, he thought, for Toa to go around doing things because they assumed their actions wouldn’t be questioned. But Datrox didn’t think like that, usually.

Then again, at a time like this that also seemed like the exact kind of thing he’d do. His own rationality was at odds with established personality. With another, heavier sigh, Datrox retrieved his Obsidian Blade. The weapon’s faux-volcanic glass appearance seemed to glitter in the sunlight coming through the train windows. No more reliable a weapon to have by your side, he thought, than the sword he had carried since the moment he became a Toa. He quickly sheathed it and began to follow Kohra, noticing that another passenger had been seemingly disturbed by something as well, as he was currently peering out the window to the other passenger car.

As they passed by another two Toa (there were more on board than he had thought), Datrox began to realize he could hear what sounded like shouting coming from the next car. This must have been what the other fellow was investigating. The Toa of Fire carefully slipped past Kohra. “Hold on,” he said to her, his cloak brushing past the Vortixx, “I think something’s wrong.”

“Hey,” Datrox said to passenger at the window—apparently a Ba-Toa, based on the purple in his scheme. “Something happening?”

IC: Surdo - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Surdo had now stopped writhing, although there was still movement coming from the seemingly incapacitated Fe-Matoran. Now he seemed to be suffering from convulsions of some sort, and crying. Was he in pain?

No, the only pain was in Surdo’s gut. He wasn’t crying—he was laughing.

Surdo retrieved his cane and attempted to get to his feet again, his bad leg wobbling as he resumed balance and dusted himself off. “And here I thought my act was bad,” he said to himself, wiping away a nonexistent tear.  He hadn’t expected their heist to turn into theater.

He pointed his cane at Karmine—who was, perhaps, only slightly more unhinged than Baz—in an accusatory manner. “Can’t you see we have a medical emergency here?!” Surdo shouted. “And look at all this glass! Someone could get hurt.

He turned to the frightened passengers (and Minnorak, who was possibly the worst actor present).

“Can you believe this?”

OOC: Alright: @Vezok's Friend and @oncertainty ( @Goose and @Void Emissary mentioned in passing), and @BULiK@Perp@Johnny Blocksville@Nato G

• Like 7

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

You'd be amazed at how many two-bit circus tumblers try to pass themselves off as some kinda Rahk-tamer nowadays. Far be it from me to judge someone on how they make a widget in this crazy world -- I've been a little too wanted-for-illegal-arms-dealing in my time to throw the first stone -- but you'd think after the first guy got his face torn off by a Rahkshi he had "conquered," it would have sent a clear message to the rest of these bozos.

Still, ever since Makuta fell, you travel far enough along a coast or wander down a trade road, and you're bound to find Rahkshi thrashing about in steel cages, forged Rahkstaffs sold by the bushel for clout-seekers, and the occasional three-Matoran-dressed-in-a-suit-of-scrap-armour routine trying to sucker some poor rubes out of their hard-earned grocery money. So, you'll have to forgive me if I took Lash's claim with more than a single grain of salt.

"You've got a pet Rahk, hm?" I said. "Tough things to come by. Ever tougher to domesticate. How'd you manage yours?"

OOC: @Nato G@Ghosthands

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Lash - The Dancing Crab

"Antidermis from Makuta's Vault, courtesy of the Piraka," she replied. There wasn't much point in lying. The truth was already hard enough to believe. "They hired me and a few others to assist with an attack on Onu-Koro... but they never showed up. Hence my desire to get off this rock before they come trying to collect on the debt I technically still owe them."

@Void Emissary @Ghosthands

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Quoribay [Iron Mahi, ?th Car, Boxed In]

There's a saying. "No plan survives contact with the enemy." Well, as you can see, for once, something the mahi-ple repeat is actually true. There's another saying that has value: expect the unexpected. That's why, while all Karzahni was breaking lose in the front cars, insane levels of kane-ra-dung that surprised both those watching the heist and those participating in it, me being trapped in that stinky crate with a Lesterin was not a problem at all.

I had accounted for all of these expected, improbable odds. No twist in the road was out of sight for my master plan. No matter what the goalie did, I was kicking the kohlii ball in a trajectory two dimensions ahead of his brain.

However, being stuck in the box waiting for Skrol to hear if the guards had moved away yet was certainly boring, and at the time, even someone as patient and forgiving as I am was mildly irritated by the lack of immediate knowledge of my surroundings.

Point is - the details are a bit fuzzy since I didn't see them firsthand, but I swear on Zataka's huh-hmm that all of that #### I just said had happened in those front cars is actually true. You corroborate any stories from that day and you'll hear the exact same things - this isn't some tall tale. I may lie in the line of duty, but never when I'm chronicling the deeds of Mata Nui's greatest criminal.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 7

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

"That so?" Lohkar remarked softly, slowly.

As Lash set out what she no doubt thought was her ace in the hole, the Lesterin's eyes had begun to narrow, and at the mention of the Piraka in particular, he shared a meaningful glance with Yasurek. The Ko-Matoran had been the most determined among the crew to help liberate Ko-Koro from the Legacy and their allies, among whom the six infamous Skakdi were notably counted.

Lohkar's hand drifted from where he'd set his empty mug on the table towards his chest, to brush against the grip of the plasma pistol holstered there.

"Thing is, luv," he said, "I'm not too keen on Makuta types meself. An' last I heard, those Piraka fellers were in cahoots with the Legacy, an' a bunch of nasty buggers in their own right."

His fingers began to close around the pistol grip.

"Now I've done some questionable things in my time, but I do 'ave standards. An' I'm not sure I want a Rahkshi on my ship. Nor somebody who's willin' to work for the likes o' those grinners. So..." he continued, index finger stroking gently against the trigger, "...why don't you tell me why I should change my mind?"

OOC: @Nato G @pokemonlover360 @Void Emissary 

• Like 9

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Taleen - The Dancing Crab, Ostia -

Taleen made no obvious movements as she observed the 'interview' between the Captain and Lash. Taleen had found it a bit surprising at how openly that Lash had admitted to working with the Piraka, who were well known to have been working directly with the Legacy. 

Now as a former assassin, Taleen had done more than her fair share of things she wasn't proud of. However, working for Makuta or those associated with him was not one of those things. She'd made it a point to take jobs eliminating members of the Legacy in fact. 

And if the Captain ordered it, she'd be taking out another, no doubt. 

@Ghosthands@Void Emissary@pokemonlover360 @Visaru @Nato G

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Lash – The Dancing Crab

“I’m sure a man such as yourself can understand the allure of riches untold,” Lash replied warily, noting the captain’s hand inching towards his weapon. She hadn’t expected a pack of pirate types to cling to such standards. Even now, there was clearly much she didn’t understand about life on this island.

All the more reason to get off this rock.

“I had only recently arrived on this island when I heard tell of a criminal group offering loot from a god’s vault to anyone who was willing to do mercenary work. I only met the Piraka once. It was never personal. And given their abysmal failure to hold Ko-Koro, it seems clear to me now that they’re not a side worth backing.”

She paused for a moment, weighing up whether it was worth mentioning the other business she’d had with the followers of Makuta. At this point, she wasn’t sure if revealing she’d helped get a Dark Toa arrested would earn her any points with these people, or if admitting she’d somewhat betrayed a past business arrangement would just hurt her chances more.

Ah, to karz with it. All or nothing.

“I also might have burned some bridges with those folks after I helped the Ussalry arrest a delightful dark Toa named Kavala. I guess prison sentences are pretty lenient over there, because he was out and trying to kill me a few months later. Yet another reason why I’d love to get off this island.”

She leaned back in her chair, smiling slightly. “Setting aside my personal history with that lot… if you dislike Makuta worshippers so much, wouldn’t having one of their prized monsters serving on your crew be the perfect way to spite them?”

@Ghosthands

• Like 3

"Allllll right, everyone, let's shuffle this back a bit," I said, raising my hands up while shooting a look over at Lohkar and Taleen. "No need for any funny business here. This is just an interview, after all -- not like Lash here is asking for our first-born's hand in marriage or something.

"Now, I'm not a big fan of 'kuta-skulls either," I said, glancing from Lohkar to Lash and back again, "but I reckon I've done some dirty things to get by in past, too. And seems to me that if a few things had gone a little different in my life, I'd likely be sitting where you are now, staring at the same faces, with the same kahu 'round my neck. And, now, it's ultimately down to the Captain to decide, but I'm at least of the mind that you should be able to walk out of here on two legs, if not with a contract in hand.

"If only because we've got enough connections with the guard to be able to corroborate your little act of good samaritan-ship, and because we've fought enough of those Rahks back when Makuta fell that yours, quite frankly, shouldn't be too much of a problem if you are in fact up to no good. At which point, yeah, sure, I'd probably have to kill you. But let's at least leave that in the conditional tense, for now."

OOC: @Nato G@Snelly@Ghosthands

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Nikarra (The Iron Mahi, Second Passenger Car)

Nikarra didn’t have the words to reply to Vyartha. There wasn’t a single thing she could even begin to say.

Silently, she took Vy’s free hand, and gave it a gentle squeeze. She looked her dead in the eyes.

I would follow you. If you would let me.

“Hey, something happening?”

The look in Nikarra’s eyes immediately hardened.

“Something’s wrong here,” she whispered. “Cover me. I’m gonna check it out.”

And with that, she leaned back in her seat, and promptly went limp.

Nikarra was standing – no, she was floating – in the middle of the friggin’ desert.

‘What the f-

And below her were train tracks. Up ahead, the Iron Mahi was speeding away into the distance, and her body with it.

She made a mental note never to use her Iden on a moving vehicle again.

Luckily, following Dor had given her some practice with picking up speed while projecting, and it took only a few seconds for her to

IC: Nikarra (The Wrong Cargo Car At The Right Cargo Time)

’-uck me.’

OOC: @Void Emissary and @BULiK

Edited by Goose
  • Like 7

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

OOC: Recommended listening™:

IC: Quoribay [Iron Mahi, ?th Car, ???]

Y'know, I'd been in plenty of dangerous situations. On the run, taking hostages, fighting people in very dumb and dangerous ways against impossible odds.

But I, the pro that I am, was always cool under pressure. It never 'got' to me like you read in the Mata Nui Daily about some guard members losing their lunch during a stick up, or like you see when some guard members lose their lunch while you're doing a stick up. Me? Never got the creeps, the willies, the makooties, whatever you want to call it. For as long as I could remember.

This job though? There was this point when I had this feeling, this instinct, that something was off. I felt this... chill... creeping all over my body.

That was the first indication that things weren't going to plan. That that day was going to get even crazier than I had accounted for.

Edited by BULiK
THE EDITOR IS FIGHTING ME BACK. HE CRAWED OUT OF THE PIT!
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Dolbren - Iron Mahi [Standing and improvising]

On 6/22/2022 at 1:54 AM, Tarn said:

“Hey,” Datrox said to the passenger at the window—apparently a Ba-Toa, based on the purple in his scheme. “Something happening?”

At that, Dolbren turned 180 degrees on his heels. His broad-shouldered build made it easy to occupy the window frame, and in this moment he was thankful for it. The Toa who had just spoken to him: red and black armour and a great honking broadsword? He was not part of the plan. And yet, seems it was good that Dolbren had stood up. He could at least stall, and maybe, with a little luck, put things right back on track.

It was easy to flash a pleasant smile. Dolbren saw interesting things happening on one side, and the possibility of something else interesting was standing right before him. And if the running calculus in his head had just gone up a digit—

Dolbren vs. People who might try to be a hero, 1:1

—well that wasn’t too much to handle. He rubbed the back of his neck, and let his smile slip into a grimace.

"Say Pal, I realize that I'm about to seem a bit presumptuous. Great Spirit forgive, perhaps a bit insensitive. but I think someone in the next car is having some kind of a—"

He held up his left hand, palm towards himself, swaying as he searched for the right word. After a moment, the gesture resolved into his forefinger pointed at the side of his own head. He twisted the finger in a tight spiral. The gesticulation was a magician’s trick: best to keep their eyes on you. In this case, he didn't want to take any chance that it could be otherwise.

"—some kind of a break, if you take my meaning. Something medical. And, I mean, look; that’s just not the kind of problem I know how to solve. But I come to thinking, there have to be sentinels on board, am I right? Maybe they can do something—"

He breathed in.

"—something nice and nonviolent. Calm the poor guy down."

Dolbren shrugged his shoulders, and looked his fellow passenger in the eyes.

OOC: @Tarn @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary @Goose Passenger Car Two is the place to be (albeit relatively in Nikarra's case) @BULiK @Perp @Nato G @Johnny Blocksville @~Xemnas~ and dear fellow conspirators

Edited by oncertainty
figured out how to format something I was hoping to do in the first place, thanks max
  • Like 9

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi, Second Passenger Compartment

My flash of fear at Nikarra's collapse passed to understanding. An Iden -- smart woman. My hand drifting back to the hilt of my blade, I pulled the hood of my cloak back over my head, trying to obscure the way that I passed my gaze over the compartment. There were three other passengers other than myself and Nikarra: the Toa of, at a guess, Gravity who had been lingering by the compartment door; another Toa of Fire who now seemed to be questioning him; and a Vortixx who seemed to be travelling with the same. The Toa of Gravity was saying something about--

"--some kind of a break, if you take my meaning. Something medical. And, I mean, look; that’s just not the kind of problem I know how to solve. But I come to thinking, there have to be sentinels on board, am I right? Maybe they can do something -- something nice and nonviolent. Calm the poor guy down."

And yet -- I could not quite put my finger on it -- there was something about the way that he spoke, the way that he used his hands, which felt off to me. But to confront him would be to leave Nikarra open to attack. Better to let the other two handle this.

A kahu in a coal mine, as the saying goes.

OOC: @Goose@oncertainty@Tarn@Vezok's Friend

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Verak: The Dancing Crab

Ooh boy, things are getting heated here. Like Lash, I've been on both sides of this whole battle against Makuta worshippers myself, so I took a quick mental note to be selective about which of those stories I told so I didn't also end up facing the wrong side of my captain's fancy looking gun there. 

In the meantime, half hoping I'd see this whole thing escalate into a good barroom brawl, I finish the dregs of beer and put a hand on the knife on my hip. Maybe I'll get the chance to prove to Yasurek that I really am such a fast blade in battle I don't need to be slammed by any more bureaucratic forms. Still, I like this mercenary (he's got the same motives as me and a similar life story, and I was also really hoping to get a chance to meet this exotic Rahkshi pet) so I hope can still be friends after we beat the Kanohi off each other. 

• Like 2

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Karmine Madoc - Anger Management (Iron Mahi, Carriage 1)

Sweet great spirit, please hear me, please give me the strength and patience not to SLAM THIS THICK HEADED SKAKDI TOO HARD AND LIQUIDATE HIS-

I can breathe. Everything's right as rain. He's just playing it up, for the audience. Just selling the act. Nobody's acting stupid, I'm all fine and dandy. Just play along. Don't get any more carried away. It's all improv.

My hand tightens around the closely held firearm, mostly just a warning to the already quite frightened passengers behind me and Baszlin, while I reach down to my left sword at my thigh, loosening its gravity to have it drawn quickly and pointed at the performative Skakdi in front.

"Well, listen. Handle your friend or you'll be on the floor with him. Is that alright?" I find myself desperately hoping Baz catches onto my not so subtle hint, before the real trouble arrives.

OOC: @Perp@Tarn@Nato Gand everyone else on heist squad and the train

Edited by Johnny Blocksville
  • Like 3

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

IC: [Kohra - Iron Mahi, Second Passenger Car]

“Hold on.”

Kohra felt Datrox brush past her as he approached the other Toa in the corridor. The Vortixx wasn’t quite sure how to feel about that, all she’d planned to do was to head forward to find a conductor or attendant or the like, no reason to get sidelined like this…but then again maybe Datrox had heard something she hadn’t? Still, she felt an unbidden flash of anger yet again and turned aside, her discomforts momentarily forgotten as she looked out the carriage window, to calm herself down again. But instead of looking at the dunes passing by outside, her eyes caught her reflection in the glass instead and lingered on it. She’d not seen herself in a long time. It was almost like a stranger staring back.

“Hey, something happening?” her companion asked the rather broad Toa standing in the hallway already.

The organic parts of her face were haggard, highlighting the already sharp ridges of her cheek and casting shadows that gave the woman in the window an almost skeletal quality - except for the eyes, that stared back at her, blazing purple, alert. Way more alert than she thought she felt. There was something accusatory in the look…like she was supposed to notice or do something…or was that the carriage movement distorting the reflection and playing tricks on her?

Over the sounds of the train, it did seem like there were raised voices coming from up ahead in the first passenger car. The other Toa turned to Datrox.  "Say Pal, I realize that I'm about to seem a bit presumptuous. Great Spirit forgive, perhaps a bit insensitive. But I think someone in the next car is having—”

Her ghostly mirror image still held her gaze, making her feel tense. The eyes staring back at her were sinister and cunning. The image was a stranger to her, but no stranger to dark deeds. Her left hand tightened under her poncho. The eyes narrowed.

Don’t tell me you don’t sense what’s happening here.

“—some kind of a break, if you take my meaning. Something medical. And, I mean, look; that’s just not the kind of problem I know how to solve. But I come to thinking, there have to be sentinels on board, am I right? Maybe they can do something—something nice and nonviolent. Calm the poor guy down."

When the other Toa said break, the Vortixx turned back to the conversation again, after a brief instinctive glance behind her down the corridor, noting the other passengers in the car. There was something…mocking about the twirl gesture the broad Toa made. And that didn’t sit right with her. No, she didn’t know what was happening here. But something definitely was off about the situation and it wasn’t clear if their fellow passengers could be trusted. Why she felt that she couldn’t say exactly either, but she had to warn Datrox. Quietly if possible…maybe if she…

Her companion was standing right in front of her, so she tried to discreetly put her hand on the small of his back. After threatening him for just attempting to touch her, perhaps something good could come from her outburst -  hopefully it would clue him in.

OOC: @Tarn@oncertainty@Void Emissary@Goose

• Like 6

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Datrox was going to respond when he felt a hand touch his back. Kohra. Considering she had taken issue with physical contact before, this was definitely for a reason.

He had already felt suspicious of the other Toa. The way he spoke, the exaggerated hand movements, and the overt friendliness. It all came across as false—like acting. And his choice of words, like he was trying to de-escalate something that had not even happened yet. Datrox didn’t give his thoughts away. He simply nodded a couple times and said, “I see.” He slipped his hand, obscured by his cloak, behind his back and placed it over Kohra’s as silent acknowledgement of her warning. As a way to say, I know. Thank you. The other stayed at his side, the familiar itch of wanting to grab his sword beginning to spread from his palm to the rest of his forearm. He ignored it for now.

“Well, I’m the kind of person that if I see folk in trouble I step in, Sentinels around or not,” Datrox then said, thinking back to finding Kohra earlier that day. “Maybe I can help. Can’t be anything too serious, right?”

He then let out a small chuckle, optics looking directly into the Ba-Toa’s. There was a change in his expression. A look of knowing. Datrox took a single step forward.

“Unless there’s a reason you don’t want me seeing what’s going on in the next car, friend.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@oncertainty

• Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Dolbren - Iron Mahi [Conversational at the door]

Close. Close on two counts. However, neither were quite enough. It would take more than stepping up to his face to make Dolbren flinch. He was all too willing to see how far they could make this go. And, while the guy had clocked that something was going on behind Dolbren’s words, he hadn’t quite got it.

It was that last remark of his. He had tipped his hand too much in it. Dolbren was perfectly willing to let him see what was going on in the next car, and all the better if he decided to get involved. Dolbren would like to test his blade, but seeing someone try to take on his associates would be a nice consolation. The only thing was, he needed the Mahi’s Sentinel detachment to exit the cargo cars first. Waiting for that had to be only a matter of time, giving Karmine the benefit of the doubt that he had done his job properly on the roof of the train.

Until then, though, Dolbren needed to keep things sufficiently on track. A bad pun, he realized, if he had said it out loud. That was all to say, in effect, that this guy was a known quantity when he was standing right here. If he let him into the next car before he knew what the sentinels were doing, though? Well at that point it was hard to say. 

He held his gaze, although he wasn’t going to bother not blinking. That would be painfully childish.

"Pal, since we just met I’ll do you the favour of ignoring what you just said. I don’t know why you would assume things like that about someone. All I’m saying is this: you rushing in with a big sword is probably going to make things worse, not better. I don't mean that to reflect on you, I just think you and I both can do something more productive than that. At least the Sentinels have some training in handling this kind of thing.”

Hopefully he would show Dolbren something else he could use. Or, even better, maybe the Sentinels would come charging through the far door. Dolbren had never wished for that before.

OOC: @Tarn @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary most immediately @Goose @BULiK @Johnny Blocksville and all other heisters less so

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 6

IC Yasurek - The Dancing Crab, Ostia:

Lohkar glanced back at Yasurek as Lash made her case and could note that the Ko-matoran was doing his best to appear unfazed by her testimony. A closer inspection revealed the Ko-matoran’s tablet device was in danger of being crushed in a vice grip, his unmoving brow was only held in place by a large amount of concentration, and he had shuffled his cloak back to get better access to the spears at his waist. For the Lesterin captain it was clear as day that his midshipmen wanted nothing more than to stab their prospective crewmate at that moment. Gunner’s plea for civility managed to snap Yasurek out of his anger, at least briefly, and he took a deliberate breath before adding his thoughts to the conversation.

“This may be my personal biases talking, but I can’t say I’m comfortable having one of Makuta’s minions as part of our crew. You know, because the whole hundreds of years of His darkness tormenting my people since the beginning of our recorded history and all that. Bit of a hard thing to get over. Also, and I’d need to defer to our captain’s knowledge on the subject, but I wonder if the land we’re going to has any rahkshi at all. The idea of us bringing one to a land untouched by darkness and potentially drawing Makuta’s wrath onto the local populace doesn’t sit right with me. That’s the ethicist in me talking though.”

He quickly switched tracks, looking directly at Lash while doing so. “From a more practical perspective, Lash, you mentioned you’ve been here for a short while. Perhaps 2 years or so? In that case, you might not have been around to remember what it was like when Makuta ran rampant on this land. And you may be comfortable with your pet knowing its master was gone. But you must have felt the change in atmosphere recently. The way days have grown dimmer and colder, how the water has become dirtier, how the shadows grow longer than they should. Somehow… Makuta returned. Knowing this, how long do you think you’ll be able to maintain control of your pet? You may think that you’re fine, after all you used some antidermis, some magic potion that can do whatever you want or whatever it is, but you got it from Makuta’s vault, so I have to wonder how foolproof a method that really is. You may have control now, there may be no signs of rebellion from the rahkshi, but can you really be sure that when you look it in the eyes Makuta is not looking back, waiting for the right moment to shatter the illusion of your control and retake his minion?

OOC: @Nato G@Ghosthands@Visaru@Snelly@Void Emissary

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Lash wanted to offer the Matoran little more than a dismissive sneer, but an uncomfortable truth rang through in his words. She had felt something different with Breathless in recent weeks. She’d pinned it on her own paranoia, but maybe there was something more it?

Still, if this Makuta entity truly had returned, he’d already had ample opportunity to retake control of his creature. Whether that meant he couldn’t, or simply didn’t want to…

“I’ve been living in a beach shack with my Rahkshi for some six months or so,” she spoke up, as much to dissuade her own doubts as those of her interrogators. “Makuta’s had all the time in the world to make it kill me in my sleep and scamper off to savage the unsuspecting citizens of Ga-Koro.”

She turned fully towards the captain to address him once more.

“That said, clearly I’m more ignorant of these matters than I realised, and I apologise if I’ve offended yourself or your crewmates. Evidently you all have very strong feelings about this. So if your answer’s no, I’ll accept that and walk away."

Or you can kill me and find out what happens when my Rahkshi no longer has a master... She almost said, eyeing the hands around the table still resting near their weapons. "If you’d prefer, I can excuse myself and give you all some time to discuss this some more, because I’m getting the sense that not everyone here is on the same page, so to speak.”

She indicated Gunner and Yasurek as she said the last part.

To one, a lone Rahkshi was apparently a minor menace the crew could easily dispose of if it turned against them. To the other, it was allegedly an existential threat to whatever new land they were intending to venture to. Try as she might, Lash couldn’t reconcile the two disparate viewpoints.

Nor could she really understand why a pack of pirates who were probably planning to plunder and pillage this new land anyway were being so maddeningly moral.

@Ghosthands@Visaru@Snelly@Void Emissary@pokemonlover360

• Like 5

Datrox relented, just for a moment.

“You’re right,” he said, taking a step back from Dolbren. “It is, after all, a good idea to leave these sort of matters up to authority, right?” He half-glanced behind himself at Kohra. Datrox wanted to do something irrational. He could tell something was going on and he needed to step in. But that would have meant putting Kohra in the middle of it, and in her current condition he wasn’t sure if that was worth it.

His sword hand, if it could talk, would have been yelling at him. This isn’t correct, it would be saying. Draw the Blade. Show him you mean business. For a brief second, it seemed like his hand was reaching for his weapon, but at the last second changed course and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Say—” Datrox then said, looking back at the Ba-Toa, “—what’s your name, partner?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@oncertainty and @BULiK@Void Emissary@Goose 

• Like 7

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

As the others spoke, Lohkar gradually relaxed his grip on the pistol and let his hand hang lazily one more.

"All right, all right," he said, waving said hand in the air in resignation. "Never let it be said I'm not a man who knows how to compromise."

His gaze alighted on Lash once more.

"I still find meself disinclined to have a Rahk on me crew, or indeed someone with a self-confessed history of jumpin' ship on previous employers. However...far be it for me to deny a fellow ne'er-do-well their chance to get away from the more, ah, over-zealous o' the Koro security forces. So 'ere's the deal."

In one surprisingly fluid motion, he swung his legs off the table and planted both elbows on it instead, clasping his hands and leaning over them at the Vortixx.

"I am prepared to grant you and your little pet passage to Zakaz, albeit at double our usual price — each — an' with the condition that the big bug be kept in a cage in the hold at all times. Upon makin' port at Zakaz you an' your friend will leave post-haste. Now, I suppose it is possible that me an' my crew may somehow warm to the two of ya over the course o' the voyage, in which case a renegotiation o' this arrangement might be in order. But understand this, luv..."

The Lesterin leaned further forward, fixing Lash with a grade-A threatening stare.

"If any harm comes to my ship or my crew as a result o' my current fit of generosity, there will be nowhere on this Endless Ocean you can run to, an' no obstacle that will keep us from our revenge."

He let the tension hang in the air for a moment, then settled back to lounge in his chair once more, looking around lazily at all present.

"Tha' all sound fair?"

OOC: @Nato G @pokemonlover360 @Void Emissary @Snelly @Visaru

• Like 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

“Completely fair,” she said, nodding her agreement. Things hadn’t gone completely to plan, but evidently this was the best outcome she could hope for at this point. "I look forward to travelling with you. One quick question, though: do you guys already have a cage, or should I go shopping?" 

@Ghosthands

• Like 2

IC: Baszlin - Iron Mahi 

No lights, no musical stings, no roaring applause to take in. There would be no curtain call.

This, he was used to. There never was any.

It took Baszlin a few moments to free himself from the paralysis that gripped his body once his performance came to a close; enough time to process the affliction that had… afflicted… his charge, Surdo, was seemingly no more. If the Skakdi was aware of the context-change for which a “medical emergency” was declared, it did not show on his features, save for the mottled, skin-wrinkling confusion that twisted his mouth into a grimace as he rose again to his full height.

Karmine, behind him, was ignored. Before long, the questions surfaced, pulling his already-tangled brain this way and that.

Was he really faking that heart attack?

Why isn’t anybody moving or screaming?

What’s the wi-fi password?

Truly unanswerable mysteries that plague us, even today.

Instead, he glanced down at Surdo, and uttered a simple pair of words:

“You okay?”

• Like 7

IC: Surdo - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Surdo turned to Baszlin, his expression changing to something of either confusion or pity. He suddenly felt guilty, as if he had misled his loyal retainer. Baz had understood, right? That this was part of the plan? Perhaps the Skakdi’s bit-detection system was off today.

“Ah, yes,” he answered, placing a hand over his heartlight. “Thanks to your quick thinking, Baz, to…check on me. Must have been nothing too serious, just…”

Surdo shook his head and sighed. “It’s not important now. We still have a part to play here, don’t we?” The Fe-Matoran looked around the car and smirked. “No sign of the Sentinels, and no sign of any would-be heroes crashing in to save the day. I believe our next move is the front engine.”

OOC: @BULiK@Perp@Johnny Blocksville

• Like 6

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Understandable. I'll add it to the list," she nodded. "I imagine you don't want my beastie on board any sooner than necessary, so when do you want me to bring it to your ship?"

@Ghosthands

• Like 1

"Very well," she said, pushing back her seat and standing up to leave. "Thank you for hearing me out. Best of luck with the rest of your recruiting."

@Ghosthands

• Like 1

IC: Wokodin — Po-Koro, Sentinel Headquarters

The towering hold which kept the brightest and strongest of Po-Koro’s servicemen was buzzing with a little more activity than usual. Times had become more exciting for the greener Sentinels and Officers in the force. While fear was immediately coursing through many of them like blood through veins, I had accepted this trait as part of the makeup of many of the Po-Koro Sentinels. Hewkii had been a strong leader with a vision, until the tension and intransigents of outsiders ate away at his spine. The Po-Matoran had lost his best friend, his far-away lover, his athletic drive, and now he was without his fame and his badge of office. Many even in my own squad had placed their trust in the newcomer, a Matoran who rose through the ranks by effectively pulling the strings of politics. To be fair, she was a better stateswoman than Hewkii, but could she lead? Would she be there with the clear plan of action when the time came? I didn’t believe so, but it was not first time my experiences, as well as many achievements had been doubted. And in this case, I dared not speak in favor of Hewkii. The political climate had changed too much, and many of my outspoken colleagues were on the outs with the Sentinel organization.

Po-Koro needed unwavering leadership and strength to keep itself as the rightful king-state of this island. We have the force, we have the numbers, and we have the technology.

And of course, we have me.

I thought about this as whispers and murmurs continued in the main hall outside my office. Words traveled quickly as they bounced off the stone walls. Though such words were not always clear, you learned to decipher through the acoustics.

I took a swig of coffee from my standard Sentinel mug. I was getting rather impatient. One of my reports, Ra’lhen, had not shown for his briefing. The trip to Ostia was a long but easy one. He should have arrived by now and it was never like him to eschew such responsibility.

After setting the mug down on my desk, I rose from my seat and left my office, embracing the cool air of the HQ atrium. This is where much of the chatter took place. Rows of stone slabs hosted busy officers and clerks. My office was on the third floor and I walked up to the stone railing, looking down at the open, busy floor below.

Might not hurt to make sure the Sentinel wasn’t lost inside the labyrinthine structure that was the headquarters.

Once I trudged down the stairs and arrived at the floor of the atrium, my mail stop had caught my eye. There had been some deliveries, evidently.

“Codex of Absolution?” I grumbled softly.

Ra’lhen had been tasked by the Akiri to assist in establishing a mutual protection alliance with Stannis Maru. I narrowed my eyes grimly. Either Akiri Lichtgheist had not bothered to look up Ra’lhen’s personnel record, or she was naïve about the Sentinel’s capability and reliability to travel to the dark caverns of Onu-Koro given his past. Or maybe she really trusted Stannis.

Unconscionable.

Nonetheless, I took refuge in knowing I didn’t need to waste the day waiting around for him. There was plenty to do as it was.

• Like 5

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Karmine Madoc - Anger Managed (Iron Mahi, Carriage 1)

It takes me a little time for me to recognise that Baz has finally gotten a grasp of what is currently happening in front of him, and Surdo also appears to be just fine. Minor crisis averted. I use but a moment to wipe some of the blood on my face with the back of my hand, having sheathed my sword for the time being, seeing as nobody seems to be protesting to our little act of train piracy. 

Finally, I'm able to offer something of a warmer smile. I was beginning to think the capability had rescinded. 

"That sounds like a good shout. Our supposed evasion of the authorities isn't going to last too long. Minnorak, would you watch our rears? Us three should move forward." 

OOC: @Perp@Nato G@Tarn and everyone else

• Like 4

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

IC: Minnorak – The Iron Mahi, First Passenger Car

Finally.

With an affirming nod to Karmine, Minnorak calmly switched off his iStone and tucked it away in belt pouch. Then, he flicked open his carry-case, donned his helm, withdrew his halberd and shield and stepped out into the aisle, striding purposefully towards the door that separated the front passenger car from the second.

He could already see a group of beings crowding the window dividing this carriage from the next; evidently Surdo’s shenanigans hadn’t gone completely unnoticed. Good.

The Enforcer stopped a few bio short of the door, the horns of his helm almost scraping the ceiling, his burly bulk blocking the aisle. His solemn stare towards the windowpane was as much a warning to those beyond it – confirming whatever suspicions they were undoubtedly already developing – as it was a challenge – daring them to intervene.

This was what he lived for.

No pretences or ploys, just purpose.

• Like 4

IC The Dancing Crab

On 7/3/2022 at 5:32 PM, Nato G said:

"Very well," she said, pushing back her seat and standing up to leave. "Thank you for hearing me out. Best of luck with the rest of your recruiting."

“Thanks sister!” I say, waving to Lash as she left the backroom, as if I was part of the crew doing the recruiting. Wait, what do I mean, “as if”? I am part of the crew! I worked through a whole ****** bureaucratic form to get that honor! Although tensions are rising now and I'm a little worried that some of that hostile attitude toward new recruits might start shifting back toward me now that I’ve inserted myself into the conversation again. 

So I finish the dregs of my stolen drink and shoot to my feet. “Well, my good friends and shipmates, unless my infallible opinion is needed on some matters of import, I think I will follow Lash’s example and ‘hang around Ostia’ as well until the ship is ready to depart.”

After all, there was a listless Vortixx with nothing to do nearby and the ability to help me check “meet a live Rahkshi” off my bucket list. Interviewing strangers had suddenly gotten a lot less interesting. 

OOC: @Ghosthands @pokemonlover360 @Void Emissary @Snelly 

• Like 1

IC: Dolbren - The Iron Mahi [Time to play a card]

Dolbren reflected for a fraction of a second: had Quoribay said anything about using real names? He could remember flashes of the planning, and he of course had his part in their dance committed to memory. And yet, as is often the case, he found what he needed to be just out of reach. And time was certainly short. Hesitate and he would lose the momentum; lose the momentum and he could lose much more than just that.

If he was being honest with himself, he absolutely could not remember now. So, failing that, he had to reframe the question. What was the downside? When they succeeded, the inevitable response would have one more piece of evidence with which to track him down. What was the upside? After all, the downside was at least interesting. And, under the circumstances, it seemed to him to be firmly the right thing to do.

Dolbren gave his best attempt at a winning smile,

"The name’s Dolbren: once of Po-Wahi, lately of Ko-Koro. Pleased to meet you pal."

He stuck his arm out, open handed, a quick swoop down the aisle past his interlocutor and away from himself into a full extension,

"Shall we try and help some people?"

OOC: @Tarn @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary and maybe also @BULiK @Perp @Johnny Blocksville @Nato G

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 3

"If the captain has no objections," I said, "then I say that both of you can be on your ways. Just don't take too long with your business, and don't attract too much attention to yourselves."

I gave a pointed look to both of the newcomers, albeit for different reasons -- although I suppose that Verak wasn't, truthfully, a newcomer. Although, I could've sworn that the Verak we aboard the ship before had been a different one... a Toa of the Green, if memory served.... But that had been at least a year ago, if not more. I was probably just misremembering.

OOC: @Nato G@Visaru@Ghosthands

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Lash – Ostia Streets

Lash couldn’t help but seethe as she strode out of the Dancing Crab and crossed into the street. Who did these pirates think they were, lording some moral high ground over her for taking a job from a few Skakdi thugs? A job that the Piraka had never even shown up for in the end?

Like many who washed up on Mata Nui’s shores, Lash had little recollection of her homeland, but she felt certain that the concept of moral grey areas had meaning there. There was an understanding in most criminal circles that everyone had done dark things, that to dare pass judgement on another for their misdeeds was to invite that same judgement upon oneself. Yet here, even the people of the underworld seemed to cling to strange delineations of black-and-white, lines that apparently couldn’t be crossed. The pirates she’d just parted ways with had probably stolen from and slain countless individuals, but she was the unforgivable criminal for having had a single conversation with Hakann months ago? It was an insanity she couldn’t attempt to comprehend.

She couldn’t wait to leave these shores and their strange customs behind.

But first, there were a few matters to take care of. A cage for Breathless, and more widgets to help cover whatever exorbitant double fee the pirates seemed intent on demanding to transport it. Fortunately, a city like this would provide ample opportunity to find both.

She set off down the street, intent on seeing all that Ostia had to offer.

OOC: Lash open for interaction.

• Like 2

IC: Verak

15 hours ago, Nato G said:

IC: Lash – Ostia Streets

She set off down the street, intent on seeing all that Ostia had to offer.

But she didn’t make it far before I caught up to her. I approached her surreptitiously, by which I mean I shouted, “Hey!” from half a block away, waved my arms wildly in the air, making a “remember me?” motion, and then ran up to her.

“I’m Verak, don’t think we had time to properly meet in there.” I clasped the Vortixx on the shoulder with a huge grin. “You may not have heard of me, unless of course you’ve been reading the Marines' crime reports or the wanted lists of four out of the six Koros” I winked proudly, “I feel like you’re the kind of person who understands that there’s something respectable about facts like that, right? I heard that admirable resume in there.” I gave her a shoulder pat, as if we were old friends.

• Like 2

IC: Lash - Ostia Streets

"Verak. Nice to put a name to a face," she replied warily, somewhat taken aback by his chipper demeanour. Maybe it was just the alcohol talking, but he seemed far friendlier than the company he'd been keeping mere moments ago. Perhaps a little too friendly... 

Given the way some of the crew had reacted to her story, she wouldn't have put it past the captain to send someone to keep an eye on her. But it didn't much matter. She'd told the truth, more or less, so there was nothing especially damaging for Verak to discover if he had indeed been sent as a spy. And if he wasn't here to spy on her, it wouldn't hurt for her to try to get on good terms with someone from the crew.

"As for your question... respectable is a matter of perspective, I think," she replied, after weighing up his words for a moment, "Being wanted in four Koros could mean you're really good at escaping capture, or just terrible at covering your tracks. How can I know without having the full story?" 

@Visaru

Ic Verak

I laugh. "An excellent point, sister. And I'm afraid that you may never know, because the way my new crewmates just treated you was a good warning to me that many of my best stories will have to stay mysteries if I want to keep in their good graces. Rest assured, I've lived this island to the fullest. Seen everything it has to offer, until all it's got left for me is years of jail-time for me. But there's one thing I haven't gotten a glimpse at while I've been here, at it's the big dark lord's monsters themselves, a living Rahkshi, all angry and up-close. I've have the bad fortune -- or probably, good fortune -- to miss out on all their attacks on the Koros. But I hear you've got one of these beasties captured yourself as a pet?"

@Nato G

IC: Lash - Ostia Streets

"Compliant, yes. Captured, no," she said. "It's roaming around quite freely - though not in the city, obviously. Historically, the locals don't seem to like having Rahkshi around their settlements."

@Visaru

• Like 1