BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

Once Lash and Verak had left the room, I let the tension in my body slip by the wayside, sinking deep into my seat in relief.

"Hoping that not every interview goes like that," I said, taking another drink of ale for the nerves, "or my tab here is going to be astronomical."

OOC: @Ghosthands@Snelly@pokemonlover360

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

"It'll be a drop in the ocean compared to mine, mate," Lohkar replied with a grin. "But you already knew that. Speakin' o' which..."

The Lesterin lunged for the bottle at the middle of the table, and shook a meagre few drops of amber liquid into his tankard. He frowned.

"...seems we're runnin' a bit short."

He swigged down what was there regardless, then gave Gunner a sideways look.

"Surprised you're so bloody blasé about havin' a Rahk on the 'Vika, mate. Already forgotten the time I nearly kicked the bucket thanks to one o' those things?"

OOC: @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360 @Snelly

• Like 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"f I recall, you have a certain penchant for cheating death, Kelp," I replied, reaching one hand into the pocket of my coat. "And I'll agree this isn't ideal. But this isn't three years ago either, when you first recruited Yasurek and me in Ga-Koro and there was a line around the block to get aboard your ship. Piracy's dying out here. The Maru are too big. Times are only getting tougher for criminals like us, and I figure the least we can do is not make 'em tougher for anyone."

I pulled from my coat another bottle of dark amber liquid and slide it over into Lohkar's reach.

"And... I see myself in the kid," I added. "A brash S-O-B with some big mistakes on their resume. And the 'Vika still gave me a second chance to turn myself around. Maybe I want to give that chance to someone else -- who's to say? Now, why don't you try the whiskey, Captain. Made it myself."

OOC: @Ghosthands@pokemonlover360@Snelly

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

Lohkar accepted the bottle and uncorked it with a flourish, taking a quick sniff from the open neck. This was followed by an approving nod, and soon a good splash of the whisky was in the Lesterin captain's tankard and being swigged, swilled, and finally swallowed.

"Where've ya been hidin' this stuff?" he asked, breathing out in satisfaction as the liquor's aftertaste stung his throat with just the right amount of causticity. Though rum was generally his poison of choice, Lohkar was always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to push his natural toxin tolerance to its limits.

"Well, you've got a point, mate," he conceded. "Beggar's can't be choosers, an' trust's a luxury in our business. I know that as well as anyone. But when you've been mutinied on as many times as I 'ave, you start to learn the value of a little healthy paranoia. Listen to your gut, y'know? An' my gut says messin' around with Rahks an' Piraka is a big red flag."

He shrugged.

"But hey, maybe she'll win me over. I'm givin' 'er the chance to, aren't I?" He grinned. "An' I only doubled the price, too. Never tell me I ain't generous."

OOC: @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360 @Snelly

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Verak: Ostia Streets

On 7/9/2022 at 2:32 AM, Nato G said:

"Compliant, yes. Captured, no," she said. "It's roaming around quite freely - though not in the city, obviously. Historically, the locals don't seem to like having Rahkshi around their settlements."

"******, you've got that thing properly tamed, that's quite impressive. Or you don't, which is even more impressive, since it means you are spending your leisure time with a monster like that and don't have the scars to mark it!" I looked down the crowded street and glanced in the windows of the mud-walled multi-story buildings on either side of it, but found nothing worth drawing my attention away from the mysterious Vortixx beside me. "Well sister, seeing as we're soon to be crewmates, what so you say to a little pre-trip bonding here? Get up to a little shenanigans while we wait for our ship to set sail?"

• Like 1

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Lash - Ostia Streets

"Well, I..." Excuses aplenty spun to the tip of her tongue, but she stopped herself short of speaking them. There was no rush; the captain had made it sound like the ship wasn't likely to depart anytime soon, "...sure, why not? What did you have in mind?" 

@Visaru

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I used to run an inn, remember?" I quipped, taking the bottle back to splash some whiskey into my own cup. "Even between all the illegal arms deals going on there, I got a knack for brewing."

Taking a sip, I continued, "I get it. It's a calculated risk, but it's still a risk. Way I figure it, first sign of trouble? We dismantle the karzin' thing and sell it for scrap when we reach shore."

OOC: @Ghosthands@Snelly@pokemonlover360

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Verak

On 7/10/2022 at 11:55 PM, Nato G said:

"Well, I..." Excuses aplenty spun to the tip of her tongue, but she stopped herself short of speaking them. "...sure, why not? What did you have in mind?" 

"Uhhhh," I scanned the street around me for ideas again, and noticed nothing but dirt, sand, and Matoran workers hurrying to and from the docks. "I um... You know, my ideas have been ending rather explosively of late, so I think maybe I'll let you be the ideas person here, and I'll just tag along and make trouble?"

But by the time the words had left my mouth, a new idea had found its way into my mind. Or an old idea, given voice? I can't remember. "Although, to tell the truth my friend, I'd actually love to see this darkness-loving pal you've so legendarily tamed. I need to gather some good stories to tell for when we're cooped up on that wooden vessel in the middle of the ocean!"

• Like 1

IC: Lash - Ostia Streets

"If you don't mind a boat trip, sure," she replied, "I left it by the cliffs a ways down the coast. Didn't want anyone stumbling across it by accident." 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Yasurek - The Dancing Crab, Ostia:

“For the record, I still think it’s a terrible idea with no particular upsides” Yasurek remarked, still leaning against the wall. “I’ll find a way to tolerate the rahkshi’s presence, but based on how Lash reacted to the fact that our organization has standards I don’t know if she’ll really take to the pirate life. I suppose being part of a collective gives us the leeway to pick and choose jobs and make our own as needed that singular mercs don’t really get, but that doesn’t mean you have to take whatever is available.”

The Ko-matoran shifted about uneasily. There was just something... vile about the prospect of being on a ship with a Son of Makuta, regardless of how tame it may have been.

“I guess while the topic is somewhat relevant, our varying reactions to rahkshi did make me curious about something I don’t recall asking. I know that Captain Lohkar isn’t from around here, but what about you two?” he asked, gesturing to Gunner and Taleen. “Are you two natives to here or did you wash up on the beach like the captain?”

OOC: @Ghosthands@Snelly@Void Emissary

Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC - Verak

22 hours ago, Nato G said:

"If you don't mind a boat trip, sure," she replied, "I left it by the cliffs a ways down the coast. Didn't want anyone stumbling across it by accident." 

"Ha, if I didn't like boats I wouldn't be binding myself into the employ of one that's about to sail further than any Mata-Nui vessel has ever gone. Lead on, sister, let's go get our sealegs so we don't embarrass ourselves in front of the proper pirates."

IC: Lash - Ostia

"Very well," she shrugged, starting to work her way back towards the berth where she'd left her battered boat. She was still struggling to decide if Verak was brave, foolish, or some mix of both; most sane people didn't want to wander off alone with someone they barely knew to see a rahkshi. 

"You heard my story back there, obviously, but what's yours?" She asked, "What's your interest in this mysterious new land?"

• Like 1

IC (Verak)

I pulled my gaze away from a particularly spectacular and voluminous cloud floating over the sparkling bay we were approaching, and met Lash's uncanny red eyes. 

"My story's much the same as your story, mate. Got my name on too many guard records. The sandbox where I can play is getting smaller by the day. Getting squeezed out of this island by the iron fist of the law, same as you." 

"'Sides," I scratch under my mask as I turn back toward the spectacular horizon with a growing grin. "I never could resist a good adventure."

"Adventure," she laughed, though there was little mirth in the sound, "I miss the days when I was carefree enough to call it that."

Her rickety rowboat was moored right where she'd left it, and it looked like it hadn't taken on anymore water since the last time she'd patched it. "That's our ride," she said, pointing it out, "Not much, I know, but it doesn't have to take us far." 

• Like 1

:i::c: Verak

"I've certainly seen worse," I said, dropping into the small wooden vessel and making it bob uncertainly. I recline in the front of the vessel, leaning an arm on the edge of the boat, making no move to take the oars of the vessel. Wouldn't be much help if I did, hard labor and repetitive movements have never been my strong suit. "Sounds like you have too," I eye my jaded companion with a knowing smile. "I'm guessing there's not much about this island you'll be sorry to leave behind?"

"I'm leaving nothing behind but enemies and regrets," she said, settling into the boat and taking up the oars. "Although... I'd prefer to be able to actually remember my mistakes this time. Hopefully we don't all get amnesia en-route to this new land."

• Like 1

IC

I perk up at that last bit. Amnesia? On route to the island? This was new to me. Look, you can call me an idiot, (if you haven't already) but I'd always assumed that everyone from off-island just didn't trust me with their backstories. That's a fair enough assumption, knowing me, after all. I wouldn't put it past half the people I've met to tell me they've had amnesia in order to avoid trusting me with personal information. Karz, that's what I do! I guess I just thought I wasn't the guy who invented the strategy. More credit to my original thinking, I suppose. 

"So that's what happened to you on your way to this strange rock. All your memories taken away?" I stare out at the vast ocean we were rowing through the shallow edge of, suddenly struck by a deep sense of unease at how very little I know about the big watery mystery that surrounds my home. "And you don't even know what did it?"

"I don't know if taken away is the right way to put it," she replied pensively, glancing out across the water as she rowed, "It's like... a haze. I have these vague impressions and ideas in my head of where I've been and what I used to be... but the names, the faces, specific details like that just aren't there." 

Lies were Lash's usual recourse, but she saw little need for them here. Her truth was vague enough. 

"I have this sense, though, that I'm sort of repeating history here," she continued, "I think, back where I came from, I did mercenary work, made a dodgy deal, and hopped on a ship to a new land to escape the consequences. And now here I go again."

Edited by Nato G

"'Wash up on the beach'?!," Lohkar repeated with mostly-feigned indignation. "I didn't wash up on any beach, mate. I'll 'ave you know the 'Vika carried me to these shores in style an' comfort. Not intentionally, I admit, but magnificently nonetheless. The fog, the storms, the occasional leviathan...she weathered 'em all."

He leaned back, tankard in hand, smiling in entirely unfeigned pride.

"Can't beat Lesterin craftsmanship. An' the 'Vika's the best ship my people ever built."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Void Emissary @Snelly

• Like 3

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (Second Passenger Car)

“Well, I can never say no to that.”

The other Toa was speaking his language, perhaps purposely using the Toa of Fire’s own morals to keep him from the other passenger car. Datrox could still sense it—the underlying dishonesty. He needed Dolbren to slip up, or push him until he finally gave away what his real motive was. What was really happening here. In Datrox’s mind, there was only two ways to achieve this: interrogate him until he got tired of it, or #### him off. He seemed too firm for the first to work, but he could keep trying until option B was necessary.

He glanced over his shoulder at Kohra before focusing back on the other Toa. “Datrox, once of Ta-Wahi. Now of…anywhere,” the Ta-Toa said, shrugging. “No place to call home.” He half-turned to begin walking down the aisle before pausing. Datrox’s gaze was briefly aimed at the floor as he raised a finger in the air. “Just one more question, though, Dolbren. We can walk and talk, or you can answer me right here.”

He looked at the Toa of Gravity, once again locking optics with him. A faux smile was on Datrox’s Huna. He couldn’t give away too much of his suspicions, but he had figured out a question that would at least force Dolbren to think once more about how to answer. After all, if he was being honest about his name, would he choose to be honest again? Or would he lie, and falter in some way that would give Datrox the “aha” moment he was searching for. His excuse.

His tone was that of an authority, asking a wayward Matoran what they were doing sneaking around at night, having already decided they were up to something.

“Where were you planning on heading when you got on this train?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@oncertainty@Void Emissary@BULiK

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Dolbren - The Iron Mahi [Down the aisle]

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

“Where were you planning on heading when you got on this train?”

With that, it almost seemed like Datrox knew what was going on. It was so excellent a riposte. All because, of course, Dolbren hadn't been planning on going anywhere. Excepting the cargo car, just a short distance down the aisle as it was. Somewhere along the way, within the next dozen kio if all went according to plan, Dolbren was going to quit the train proper. Apparently in some kind of mechanical carriage, no ussal required. He had to do something.

"Let's walk and talk." His intonation was flat. At once three things happened: Dolbren dropped his gaze down and away from Datrox's eyeline, he sidestepped the other Toa to walk down the aisle, and his smile grew thinner. He was aware of the latter thing, but it would have happened even if he were not. As it was, however, it was something to which he suspected Datrox would pay attention. Always best to know where the other guy is looking.

Their conversation was still more back-and-forth than interrogation, a fact of which he was sure Datrox was aware. He kept giving him things. Datrox had looked at the Vortixx again. She looked tired and sickly, and Datrox was worried about her. Dolbren was not so kind that he wouldn't pick that up and use it.

"Your friend can come with us too." He hadn't even tried to hide his glance the second time, he had to know Dolbren would notice. That was enough to really smile. Still, despite Dolbren's flippancy, one thing was hard to forget. She was an unknown quantity. Another tick on the tally.

Dolbren vs. People who might try to be a hero, 1:2

It would be a mistake to let Datrox's question hang unanswered. And yet there was something more difficult, in the moment, about fabricating something wholesale than lying about details. But, while Datrox must have known he was withholding something, Dolbren could play questions with the best of them. His interest in other people was omnipresent, and genuine.

"As for your question: well, pal, haven't you ever wanted to go home?"

OOC: @Tarn @Vezok's Friend @Void Emissary @BULiK

Edited by oncertainty
thanks for the tips max
  • Like 4

IC| Verak

On 7/15/2022 at 2:50 AM, Nato G said:

"I have this sense, though, that I'm sort of repeating history here," she continued, "I think, back where I came from, I did mercenary work, made a dodgy deal, and hopped on a ship to a new land to escape the consequences. And now here I go again."

Was this what I had in store for me, too? Are memories tied to land? The further I get away from the desert of my home, will my memories of that place get steadily foggier? 

This plan is getting better and better.

"Well, with any luck, it'll go off as smoothly as it did for you last time. Island hopping sounds like a excellent lifestyle, provided you don't run out of islands."

• Like 1

IC: Lash - Leva Bay

"True, I suppose. But this Zakaz is the first new island I've even heard of," she replied. "Makes me wonder how many lands are even out there."

• Like 1

IC

I followed Lash's gaze out across the glimmering water. It stretched off into infinity. No matter how hard I stare, I can't make out even the suggestion of land beyond the horizon. It seems impossible that there could be a "Zakaz" out there, or any other place, that it's not just water reaching out to the edges of existence. And yet, here I was with a Vortixx, a type of being that didn't even exist a few hundred years ago on this island. The world was getting steadily bigger. 

"That's not a question for mortals." I say. "All we've gotta worry about is whether this new island is out there, or our ride with the pirates is gonna end real badly."

• Like 2

"If their plan was to get people onto their ship to rob, kill, and dispose of them, they could've used a less elaborate lie to lure people aboard," Lash replied. Having left Ostia behind, she was now steering the boat towards the cliffs of Leva Bay. "So I'm inclined to believe that it's real. Or at least, that the captain believes it's real." 

• Like 3

IC: Surdo - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

“Then let’s get moving,” Surdo said, waving his hand around like he was ringmaster of the operation. He began to limp ahead of the others. “Stick close to me, Baz,” he said to his Skakdi companion. “I need you if anything happens.”

He paused at the door and scratched the chin of his Komau, before turning around and looking at the only Toa present. “Karmine, you should go in first,” he said, pointing to their purple-clad ally. “Shock and awe.”

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (Second Passenger Car)

Datrox gestured for Kohra to follow closely as he began to follow. He gave her a look, meaning Trust me. Behind her, the Ta-Toa could swear he could make out another figure in the next train car. Watching them. The tingle of suspicion went up Datrox’s spine again, but he made no obvious indication he had noticed the other person to Dolbren, nor did he alert Kohra.

He then walked alongside the other Toa, lagging slightly behind to not bump shoulders with him as they walked the aisle. Datrox was looking at him the entire time, wanting to keep everything in Dolbren’s gaze visible to himself as well, his only blindspot being directly to his right and behind him. He kept the silhouette of Kohra in his peripheral.

“Depends on how you define it,” he answered, playing along. “I say I’m from Ta-Wahi. But that’s not really my home, anymore. I’ve been away too long—been a different person too long.” To Datrox, he felt as if he had been a Toa longer than he had been a Matoran. His memories of life in his own village were hazy at this point, and Ta-Koro was not the same place he had known back then for some time now. “I have nothing to go back to.”

He cocked his head to the side.

“Are you trying to get home, Dolbren?” he asked, genuinely curious.

OOC: @BULiK@Vezok's Friend@oncertainty@Void Emissary@Goose and @Nato G (I hadn't noticed Minnorak was looking into the other train car before, sorry Nato) @Johnny Blocksville@Perp

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Verak

"That's what I'm worried about, brother. Lohkar and his crew are good people, but a mysterious island appearing out of nowhere in the captain's memory, across the endless sea... Well, sounds like a fantasy to me. But the thrill of him being wrong is part of the allure. Pretty sure this is the first ever ship to depart Mata-Nui's shores and cross the endless ocean. How do you feel about being a part of history, sister?"

I turn my gaze from the ocean to the towering cliffs we were approaching. I spotted more than a few dark caves spotting the hillside. Probably filled with only seabirds and their droppings but still, I can't help but wonder if there are any mysterious in there to explore. Wish I still had my Kualsi, I could go check the caves out out and be back in the boat in a second. Don't give me wrong, I love getting back to a Calix, but I feel so trapped with it, so immobile. Maybe the next mask I can try out is one of those masks of flight, that seems to fit my style, if they have those on this island. If they have any masks at all. If it's even inhabited...

Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

• Like 3

"History in the making... I like that. It's a good way to think about it," she replied thoughtfully. Her gaze swept over the cliffside, looking for the spot she'd put ashore earlier. "We're almost there. Last chance to turn back, if you've changed your mind."

• Like 2

"Well, I already sleep in the hold," I said, pouring myself another drink of whiskey, "so I suppose that I'll be the one keeping an eye on the Rahkshi during our trip. If I drop dead mysteriously somewhere at sea, I give you all permission to say I told you so to my corpse."

I leaned back in my seat, taking a fresh sip of my drink. I needed to stop drinking, I knew -- I could feel my thoughts pickling in my head. But it was just too ###### hot in this place.

"And to answer your question, Yas, I'm a born-and-bred Mata Nui boy, yessir," I continued. "But a rich Mata Nui boy, living up in a castle in the jungles of Le-Wahi -- the Great War was always a bit of an abstract concept for my family. When the Rama enslaved Le-Koro, we were nowhere to be found. Figured that was a shame when I was a young idiot. Was always wishing I could tell my-- tell people I was there for Onua's battle against Lewa, y'know?"

I pushed my glass away from me.

I needed to stop drinking.

OOC: @Snelly@Ghosthands@pokemonlover360

-Void

Edited by Void Emissary
  • Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Karmine Madoc - Taking Point (Iron Mahi, Carriage 1)

A wise decision! 

I pick out a stray piece of glass in my bicep, saying some unsavoury words as it turns out to be bigger than I'd bargained for. I soon figure the effort of cleaning the trickling blood to cost more time than we have, which is all peachy. This shouldn't be too much longer.

I take after a stalking Kavinika, ranged weapon raised squarely at the engine room door in front of us as I lead our hopeful trio unto the breach. I hope anyone on the other side is a coward.

No, you don't.

OOC: Opening the engine room door @Silvan Haven@Tarn@Perp@Nato G and everyone else I missed

Edited by Johnny Blocksville
  • Like 1

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

OoC: Time Lumune finally did something

IC: Lumune, Dancing Crab, Ostia

She had spotted something about a captain looking for a crew outside. Well, heard people gossiping first, then noticed a flyer. She had no intention of leaving the Island, but these people were probably well-traveled, she had reasoned. They might have been able to answer the question nobody else had so far- not that she had gone too far out of her way in asking.

"'Scuse me," the wind-worn Po-Matoran piped up, near the table where the captain was. "I have a question for a well-traveled sailor," she said, keeping a hand near her dagger just to be safe, but standing stiff and stoic. "It needn't bother the captain."

@Void Emissary@Ghosthands@pokemonlover360

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Suit yourself, she mused, as she brought the boat ashore on a scraggly strip of sand by the cliffside. "Hey Breathless, I've got someone here who'd like to meet you," she called towards the crevices of the cliffside. "Come on out."

Cruel claws emerged from the shadows between the rock, gripping either side of a crevice to pull the rest of itself free of the hollow between the rocks. A lithe, serpentine figure clad in angular armour of black and orange stepped out onto the beach, fiery eyes sweeping across the two figures on the beach. 

• Like 2

IC: Baszlin - Iron Mahi 

‘If anything happens…?’

What did he mean by this? Were more strange fellows about to come crashing through the cabin windows, adding to the crystalline no-man’s-land on the floor that neither foot nor food trolley dared to traverse?

Or, perhaps he was planning on having another medical emergency. Baszlin never thought to plan his; they’d be much more convenient that way, if he could just, say, schedule a broken arm for another day, or the terribly debilitating effects of Ga-Koro syndrome in six months’ time, when it’d be more financially lucrative.

What?

Musings locked firmly within his skull, the Skakdi said nothing and simply offered a nod to the Matoran before retrieving his still-packaged personal effects from his seat, catching up with Surdo and whom he assumed to be a professional psychopath, at the other end of the passenger cabin. He stole a glance at the other, motionless occupants of the car as he passed them. Suspiciously, none of them had moved a muscle since Surdo’s brief affliction had begun.

As Karmine paused to open the door to the next compartment, Baszlin leaned closer to one such fellow in his immediate vicinity: a Toa of reddish coloration who, to his eye, looked somewhat odd. Stranger still, the Toa didn’t even do so much as turn their head to look in either direction - either towards or away from the Skakdi’s face, which was now uncomfortably close.

Is this Toa… made of wood?

Baszlin withdrew, now sweeping his gaze over every single one of the cabin’s occupants.

My god, are they all made of wood?!

Probably not, but the thought evaporated a moment later before he could make a proper determination, and instead was replaced by a sudden craving for pine nuts.

Perhaps the psycho had snacks. He could ask.

Edited by Perp
  • Like 4

IC: Taleen - The Dancing Crab, Ostia -

Taleen frowned for a moment as she thought about her home island...or at least what she remembered of it. "Where I was raised isn't worth remembering, it's the last place I'd ever want to go." Taleen rarely ever looked bothered by anything, she went ahead and grabbed the bottle of whiskey and poured herself a drink. "I woke up here on this island one day, around Po-Wahi I believe. I didn't remember much, but I did remember my...skill set." She figured she didn't need to elaborate too much on what her skills were. 

The Toa of Sonics took a long sip of the whiskey. "I can't really complain about someone like Lash coming aboard. I've done many things I'm not necessary proud of, I've killed a lot of people." She took another sip. "Most of them were the lowest of scum and deserved it, but the point still stands. Also, I'll be keeping an eye on her as well, if she does anything fishy...I'll take care of it."

Taleen took her final sip of her drink as she glanced at the Po-matoran who had approached them, she didn't consider herself a well-traveled sailor by any means so she refrained from saying anything, she'd allow the boys to handle it.

@Ghosthands@Void Emissary@pokemonlover360 @ARROW404

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Dolbren - The Iron Mahi [A Game of Questions]

On 7/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, Tarn said:

“Depends on how you define it, I say I’m from Ta-Wahi. But that’s not really my home, anymore. I’ve been away too long—been a different person too long. I have nothing to go back to.”

Dolbren considered Datrox’s response as the three approached the far end of the car. His voice, to Dolbren’s mind, betrayed little skepticism. Either he was a better actor than Dolbren guessed, or things were less far gone than he might have supposed. In a way it was all the better if that was the case. As much as Dolbren might enjoy a fight, he still had a job to do. Nothing would work if they were all Karmine, whose most-used tool seemed to be shocking violence. And Dolbren was starting to like Datrox, so forthcoming he was. That was a rare virtue, to speak honestly to a stranger. Dolbren was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, Tarn said:

“Are you trying to get home, Dolbren?”

"There is something to be learned from it, you know."

As he spoke he inspected the door. Just as he had very seldom been on the 'Mahi, he had absolutely never stepped between two cars on the moving train. Should prove educational.

"Even if you're like me, like us, I mean, which you are; going back to the beginning can tell you something." Clarifying his remark, after a moment he added, "Even if your life as a Toa is so far removed from your life as a Matoran that it isn't even funny."

He peered down and through the door's window. The carriages seemed to be attached by a kind of interlocking mechanical joint. He needed to get a closer look at that, one way or another.

"But isn't it true that the way you acted, in every event you never could have predicted, was informed by every one that came before? And if you grant that, there's a chain of causality that leads back to whoever you were at the beginning. And that guy came from a place. So if you're at all self-reflective, you can learn something from that place."

He turned back to his two companions and shrugged. Per the seeming rules of the game, having given them something he had to ask a question.

"Do either of you want to go first, or shall I?"

OOC: @Tarn @Vezok's Friend @BULiK and @Silvan Haven had the driver alert the sentinels in the cargo car a few pages ago, not sure how we're handling their actions.

• Like 4

On 7/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, ARROW404 said:

"'Scuse me," the wind-worn Po-Matoran piped up, near the table where the captain was. "I have a question for a well-traveled sailor," she said, keeping a hand near her dagger just to be safe, but standing stiff and stoic. "It needn't bother the captain."

Unassuming though Lumune's presence was, she nonetheless found herself the subject of the Lesterin captain's gaze. His posture remained languid as he addressed the Po-Matoran, but there was a hawkish interest in those blue eyes. Nothing piqued Lohkar's interest like things other people thought he didn't need to hear.

"No need ta worry, luv," he said jovially. "Nothin' bothers this captain. An' while I may be many things, one of 'em is most certainly a well-travelled sailor. How can my humble self assist ya?"

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly @Void Emissary @pokemonlover360

• Like 3

IC Verak

On 7/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, Nato G said:

IC Leva Bay

Cruel claws emerged from the shadows between the rock, gripping either side of a crevice to pull the rest of itself free of the hollow between the rocks. A lithe, serpentine figure clad in angular armour of black and orange stepped out onto the beach, fiery eyes sweeping across the two figures on the beach. 

Breathless. A good description.

I leap out of the boat, and my square feet sink into the cool sands of the beach as I appraise the strange beast in front of me. I've heard so many legends about these creatures, seen them in pieces, but never like this, never put together right, never alive, never this scary. It was so purposeful with every movement, the way it's eyes scanned over me I could tell it was picking me to pieces and putting me back together again inside that weird little brain. My heartbeat rose just in its presence, even though it had done little more than look at me.

"So what kind of crazy power do you have, Breathless?" I step close, reaching out a hand to it. 

• Like 2

"Its power is Vacuum, hence the name I chose," Lash spoke up. 

The creature cocked its head at Verak, its faceplates separating slightly before clacking together again as it regarded the hand reaching towards it. Its grip on its bladed staff tightened as its gaze flicked past the Toa, back towards Lash, before finally relaxing somewhat and allowing Verak to approach.

@Visaru

• Like 1