BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Frii'Glokk [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

The statue of a Skakdi's blue optics were momentarily glazed with a cherenkov glow as his helmet snappily rotated towards Lohkar. As soon as his cognition caught up with his reflexes, the orbs dimmed. The rest of his body was stationary, yet even from beneath his all-encompassing plating, the tin man was clearly tense.

"I already filled Gunner in: Just here for passage."

The skull-like helmet nodded sideways at the other Lesterin.

"Big hat wants in too. Dunno his story."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC: Zelvin from Ko-Wahi

IC: Zelvin (Motara Desert)

The sun beating down on her was the last thing on Zelvin's mind as she strode across the desert, following the road headed towards the City of Stone.

"Village" was really becoming an obsolete term in Zelvin's eyes. The main settlements on the island had their own offshoots nowadays, Po-Koro in particular had two. Not very village-like.

Her face obscured under her hood to shield it from the sun, Zelvin traversed the snake-like trail of the old road towards the Koro. Once she arrived, she'd need a good, stiff drink of something cold, and she could find a nice tree to provide some shade. She did rather like the new, lush, greener direction Po-Koro had taken recently. It made it quite the picturesque place. She was not above taking notice of that sort of thing.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

"Not to worry, mate," Lohkar assured the armoured Skakdi in chummy tones, entirely unfazed in the presence of a man whose build would be best described as somewhere between 'tank' and 'battleship'. "We'll get ya home safe an' sound, an' in comfort to boot."

He turned to his fellow Ga-Lesterin.

"An' what can I do for you?
"

OOC: @BULiK @ARROW404

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

On 1/22/2023 at 2:27 AM, Void Emissary said:

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

"Fair enough, yourself," I said, standing up myself so that I could realize that I was still a few inches shorter than this behemoth, no matter how tall I thought I was. Aw well, I said to myself, Lash's pet Rahk will go for the biggest guy around anyway if it gets loose.

"The Captain and I have a couple more interviews to get through before the day is out," I said, nodding towards the booth where Lohkar and the rest were stationed, "so if you're still here by then, I'll show you to the ship. Considering how keen you were to get out of Ostia, I assume you don't have too much business to take care of before we lift anchor, correct?"

OOC: @Johnny Blocksville

-Void

IC: Solan Iudex - Smoke Break

"A warrior don't ever have business, Gunner, me old son."

And with that half-thought parting gift, the washed up old creature swayed away from the table, thumping past the Captain and his interviewees to finally, for Mata Nui's sake, smoke outside.

OOC: @Void Emissary

• Like 2

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Blackrock Canyon)

He nodded. "Yes. The Brotherhood had many ranks, and I imagine those higher up in the hierarchy knew many secrets. I was anointed as a mere knight, so there was much that was not shared with me. This is in fact one primary reason why I am now trying to find the archives. Although I also imagine the Brotherhood wanted to keep their knowledge safe from outsiders as well."

Glancing at the devastation around him, he sighed. "Though maybe everything was destroyed or looted. I pray to Ak'rei'an that at least something remains intact."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: I'm finally here. Here's a handy BZPTimeline up to this point: [Tailua Seeks an Upgrade] -> [Tailua Bargains and Gets Upgrade] -> [Tailua Provides Payment]. 

IC: Tailua — Ostia

A cacophony of wails and terror reverberated through the stone hallways of the lower alleys. Pandemonium led to tipped fruit carts, trampled Matoran children, and clamoring Mahi herds.

Tailua was tripping and running over chairs, stands, and people. One tumble he took placed him face-first into the sand, allowing a poisoned throwing knife to whiz right by the back of his neck. Papers were flurrying in the winds of chaos and trepidation, a sneering contrast against the calm, confident subject that appeared on those papers.

The girthful Toa of Fire mustered all of his strength, leaning on his gun-arm for support as he leapt to his feet and desperately continued his stride.

??? — Ostia

Three strikes, the Waif thought mournfully as the Tenderfoot made his last blunder. The Reaper that was supervising this operation did not hesitate, as the Waif feared. The novice assassin who threw the poisoned knife was struck dead.

What now? The Waif thought with consternation. This was the first time she had witnessed a botched mission. As a newly minted Reaper, it was partly her responsibility to guide Tenderfoots and to keep them from making deadly blunders. Failure was never tolerated.

This made things even worse due to the long-dead connection she once had with their target. Was it up to her to do the deed now?

“Fall back,” the hooded figure growled softly. He stood behind and over the waif like a looming pillar, threatening to topple and crush her. “He is spooked, but trapped. He won’t be able to leave this section of Ostia without us getting him. You’re now the Blade of this mission”

The Waif nodded in abject obedience. Who else would it be, since it was just the three of them assigned to this mission, and one was dead.

They had long since been out of sight of witness. The Waif's ability to weave in and out of visibility being one of her basic skills expected of any Reaper.

Once a cover of shadow had been found, her supervisor approached her head on. He was a tall, hooded Vortixx, always speaking in a soft by threatening whisper.

“How long do we wait?” the lithesome assassin queried.

“As long as it takes,” was the Vortixx’s curt answer. He stole a glance behind him to the corner intersection, still overstressed with cries of fear and anguish. A tavern, one of the seediest in Ostia, lay along the street between other establishments.

“As soon as he leaves that bar, make that shot,” the supervisor said to the new Blade. And with that, he was gone.

The Waif did as she was bid. Perched along the terrace of an opposite-facing building, she watched the Dancing Crab tavern for the target. She had not seen Tailua enter the establishment, but the Vortixx was one of the best in the Fellowship. He never lost a target.

The lithesome assassin continued to wait.

IC: Tailua — Ostia, The Dancing Crab

It would have been nearly impossible to miss the shots, the falling dead, the cries of people and animals alike, that so abruptly shifted the usually lower-key moods around the tavern. Something like this was usually followed by cops, thrilled for an excuse to impose and harass.

There would not be a good night in this corner of Ostia.

It would also have been plausible, amongst the chaos, for even a porky red Toa to have barreled through a window and cower under the barkeep’s table.

And so, Tailua sat there, immobile, under the bar. He tried to get his bearing back, but flashes of his life across the decades kept interfering with his flow of thoughts. He held his new Patero V2 close to his chest, along with one last flyer from his supplier. Why or how he managed to grasp one after the chase and carnage remained a mystery. He fought against his trembles to unravel the balled-up paper.

Tailua blinked twice. He had not really noticed until now what comprised the main subject of the advertisement, and inexplicably whistled. He then looked up to see a good handful of patrons, as well as the barkeep himself, peering relentlessly.

"You 'ere for da job?"

"Y-Yes. Anything, you gotta get me outta-"

The barkeep jerked his head backwards, a door leading to one of the private rooms at the tavern. Tailua clambered to his feet and staggered to the back room, breath short, and checking behind him every other second. 

As soon as the Ta-Toa departed, the barkeep shook his head and continued cleaning mugs. Just another day in Ostia.

OOC: @Ghosthands @BULiK @ARROW404 + anyone else in the back room or in/around the Dancing Crab.

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Joskander (Blackrock Canyon)

"Mmm..."  Joskander nodded and chewed on his lip behind his mask.  Secret societies with secret... secrets...  ugh.  The deeper he journeyed into this hole, the slimier it felt.  He had to be there for his brother, he couldn't let him down again...  but he didn't feel fit playing the thinker, the worrier.  He didn't like coming face to face with problems he couldn't throw a tornado at.

He couldn't remember his old team, but he could remember what it was like to be with them.  He missed not having to worry, to think, because he had comrades who were so much better at making the hard decisions than he was.

Then again, as far as he knew, perhaps that was the reason he didn't have a team anymore.

Ancient gears turned in his clockwork mind.  "Hm.  Might as well start with wherever the higher-ups had their offices.  Obvious place to hide stuff, but that's just because it makes sense to do it like that, y'know?"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Jokaro - Po-Koro Streets

“In due time, Farzan! All in due time…” 

In his mind, Jokaro hoped Farzan wouldn’t pry, but he knew the Fa-Matoran would do it all the same – it was just in his nature, inquisitive to a fault. Truthfully, Jokaro would need to bring Farzan into the fold for something of this magnitude. He wouldn’t just need Lenat’s help, nor the help of Wiremu and his connection to Nuparu; not even Renaka’s blessing would suffice, but the combined efforts of all these people, and assuredly more, would be required. You can start to see why this was an ostensible mountain compared to the roadbumps ahead. There were, however, good reasons not to entrust the secret to Farzan at this time.

Reason one: shouting at each other in the street was absolutely not the correct venue to be discussing the finer points of something so ludicrous and expensive. It didn’t matter that the avenues were slowly emptying in the waning twilight of the desert – you could never know who might be listening these days. Discretion was key to this project.

Reason two: he didn’t know whether or not he could trust Farzan to uphold that discretion. True, he’d been tight-lipped when it came to the exact methodology behind his diskette innovations and volo-lutu enhancements, but this… well, this was a different ballpark entirely. It took considerable effort for Jokaro himself to not exclaim aloud when he looked over the provided blueprints, even if it was simply a string of expletives. Telling the Fa-Matoran would likely be… overstimulating. Farzan was quite fond of talking as it was.

Reason three: Jokaro liked being solely responsible for something this significant. Was that selfish of him? Probably yes, especially since this “Captain Dehkaz” had given it to the Emporium to work on, not Jokaro specifically. However, there had seldom been a single project both he and Farzan had not worked on together in his time at the Emporium. There was something special, exciting, and terrifying about taking the full weight of if on his shoulders, at least initially.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

An exhausted, half-hearted wave to the other Matoran and the final hundred-eighty-degree turn of the evening put him on the path towards his abode, where his long-neglected bed called for him. It was only now he began to notice the ache in his limbs again, much more intense than it had been this morning. If he collapsed and passed out on the sidewalk before he got home, he wasn’t sure he’d mind.

You know, Po-Koro’s “Engineering Department” wasn’t the full name of either the establishment nor the bureau that operated it. It was shorthand.

The full name was the Po-Koro “Department of Research, Engineering, and Development.”

Or, in other words, DREAD. Which was exactly what was seeping into Jokaro’s soul the longer he sat in the building’s lobby.

It was a massive complex smack-dab in the middle of Kirikiri Boulevard, sandwiched between a Papa Podu’s and a Hatmaster’s Haberdashery. Down the street, the equally-massive squat ziggurat that was to be the new headquarters of the Sentinels was still under construction. Traffic on Kirikiri had been nightmarish for months, or so he’d heard. Today, he experienced it firsthand trying to get to the building in the first place. Worming his way through a thickening crowd as the mid-morning sun overhead char-broiled him alive was pretty dаmn bad, for sure. Having the DREAD(ed) receptionist tell him that Lenat would be with him in five minutes approximately two and a half hours ago was worse. 

He’d given the receptionist “the tirade” about forty minutes in, making it absolutely clear that he was “an old friend of Lenat’s” (not patently false) and that he “had important business that would be of interest to the Koro’s government” (absolutely true). Of course, her response was simply to smile and nod helpfully, reassuring him that Lenat would be with him “soon”. He could do nothing but sit and wait, defeated by the receptionist, the immovable object triumphing over the unstoppable force after all. At least he was out of the sun. Maybe he should stop at the Hatmaster’s on the way back to the Emporium later.

Where the hеll was Lenat?

OOC: @Geardirector @Silvan Haven

Edited by Perp
I'm Kyhrilik's top guy... What am I gonna do...? Dehkaz Kyhrilik chose ME to build the
  • Like 5

On 1/28/2023 at 7:36 PM, Ghosthands said:

"Not to worry, mate," Lohkar assured the armoured Skakdi in chummy tones, entirely unfazed in the presence of a man whose build would be best described as somewhere between 'tank' and 'battleship'. "We'll get ya home safe an' sound, an' in comfort to boot."

He turned to his fellow Ga-Lesterin.

"An' what can I do for you?
"

OOC: @BULiK @ARROW404

IC: Suran

The stoic Lesterin glanced at the hand on his shoulder, slightly surprised, slightly suspicious, but his hackles remained down. "As your friend said," he responded, inclining his head toward Frii'glokk. "I seek passage to the- hmm- 'Greater Zakazian area'. I had been hoping for Seprilli, but Zakaz will do."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Zelvin and Farzan (Po-Koro Tech Emporium)

"I need to restock at the very least" Zelvin mused to herself as she sat with a mug of ice tea in a quiant establishment nestled in Po-Koro's Middle Ring. Her decision to walk here made her desire for a cold drink spike something fierce, and it was the first thing she secured once she made it inside and started to look around.

At the moment, Zelvin decided to keep herself inconspicous. So the Kru-Toa had refashioned the crystalline polearm for her weapon into something more like a cane, leaving only the metal blade itself which she could easily hide on her person, and she took on the affect of a slightly cluless, doting old woman. It was a fine guise to take on when she was in more civilized mood and locale. Simply supply a twittering "Thank you dear" to the staff, and hope to be largely left alone, and it worked swimmingly.

She made some mental notes at first, before remembering to pull out her iStone and make the notes on that instead. She was actually getting pretty used to this little device, not as regrettable of a purchase as she first feared, thankfully. She sometimes forgot that "clueless and elderly" was supposed to be her putting on a face.

She'd made sure to inform herself of the various locales she could hit up on the island for shopping trips. Some of them more reputable than others, but she was alright with either, depending what she was after. Today, she was in the market for the deadly sort...

Some time later, at the Technology Emporium

The day after our laborious work order had been concluded, Jokaro and I had been quite happy to pat ourselves on our collective backs. I could have deigned to pet Wiremu's and Kreff's as well if there should be room to give myself an extra arm sometime.

After the shop was opened the next day, Jokaro had gone off to get some important business done, he said, and he left us to watch the desk. He was probably out getting himself a nice hat.

I was sitting by the counter, sketching out some ideas for a development I'd recently gotten into my head. If this was gonna work, I'd need to pump Jokaro and Wiremu most vigorously for information, but that was only fair game. I knew they were most eager to get their hands on my secrets as well, mutually assured pumping.

The door chimed, and a presence came through the entrance. I glanced up, and I gained a pair of most inquisitive purple eyes glancing back. The **thunk** of her walking stick on the floor resounded notably as she approached. A little too much, perhaps.

And then she just lifted it up from the floor and held it aloft with her hands by her waist, all casual. No significant walking problems there.

"Farzan, isn't it? I saw the sign outside" she ventured, and I nodded most vigorously.

"I'm sure you did, with that piercing gaze of yours. What can I get such a distinguished lady who has deigned to peruse our fine selection?"

She looked around, regarding weapons, tools, equipment and other gadgets as they stood on display. This was one of those times when my background really kicked my instincts into waking up and paying attention, she clearly had a clue what these things could be used for, including in ways not-so-nice. The sort of person I never crossed in my previous life. Well, things are a little different nowadays, aren't they. I had one of my pieces right next to me on the desk and it was gonna be all I would need.

"Tell me, how good of a sight do you think you could make?" she asked as she turned to regard me again, "something to improve aim over distance"

I winked with the shutters on my mask in response, no problem there. That was just the sort of thing that I was going to have the wherewithal to put together without problem.

"Oh, that's absolutely going to be doable. But... what were you looking to make it for, ma'am? I would need some knowledge about the dimensions of whatever you're going to be using it with"

The Toa nodded, and the cloak she was wearing rustled as she pulled something from where it was held on her back under the clothes. She had looked a bit bulky in them as she walked in.

She placed the item on the counter, and I immediately drew all my attention to it. Now this was a fine piece of hardware: clearly it fired crystals as its ammunition, but it was no Lightstone Rifle. Was this of her own make? She certainly looked she could be a Toa of Crystal, with that cane especially.

"I'll have to keep this with me for a little bit" I said, looking it over, "but I get what you're after. Something to aim with at longer distances, hmm?" she nodded sagely.

"You can count on me and my colleagues. Return in the afternoon at the earliest and we should have something cooking." I guaranteed.

"Thank you very much, my dear" she said with a smile and a knowing nod, and turned to leave the store.

OOC: @Perp

• Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Minnorak – The Iron Mahi, First Passenger Car

A long, tired sigh escaped him as he watched the other Vortixx flounder over the seats to get past.

For a moment, he thought about stopping her. It was his job to block the corridor, after all… but abandoning his post to pursue her would be a greater failure than letting her pass. The woman seemed unwell, physically and mentally, still not grasping the nature of the situation and seeming to possess no noticeable weapons. The others could deal with her easily enough. The window Karmine had broken earlier would provide an easy way to remove her from the train, if that proved to be necessary.

Still… the situation was beginning to worry Minnorak. All the work they’d done to create a distraction seemed to have been for naught. Only a handful of passengers had taken notice, and there was still no sign of the Sentinels who were supposed to be patrolling the train.

Hopefully Quoribay’s end of the operation was having better luck…

@Vezok's Friend @Perp @Tarn

• Like 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He didn't respond at first as he looked at the ruins and pondered. "That's possible. Though think of the archives we did visit, in the Sanctum. They were encased deep within the ice. Perhaps the archives of this fortress were built in a similar fashion?"

He turned to look at Joskander. "In any case, talking any more won't progress the search. Let us start investigating. Should we search the offices, or try to find a downward staircase of some kind?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kardaka - Po-Wahi - The Motara Desert

The Turaga of Stone was hopelessly lost. Kardaka had been wandering for what felt like sixteen months, trying to follow the tracks of the Iron Mahi. But every time she had followed the tracks for a few days, a sandstorm had kicked up and blinded her. When the storms faded the tracks would be buried and she would have lost her sense of direction, and so she would hike in a random direction hoping to run into more tracks.

Kardaka was a Turaga of Stone blast it. Her elemental control was weak compared to a Toa, but she still could sense the rocks in the Motara Desert even during sandstorms. Yet she so easily lost her way. And that was only her struggles finding her way in the desert. She still had yet to understand why her Koro had abandoned Unity.

Maybe things were better now. Years might have passed since she left Po-Koro, forsaking her Toa Powers in shame for Akiri Hewkii driving a wedge between the villages, stockpiling weapons, and demanding submission for his own Koro like the Makuta himself. How? How could the right hand of the late Turaga Onewa betrayed the virtue Unity, how could such a beloved Po-Matoran go so wrong? And how could the whole Koro follow him into his madness?

The Makuta was gone, how could the Matoran have turned on each other?

She sighed, she was no closer to understand what went wrong after the Toa Maru succeeded than when she went into exile, hoping to meditate and understand. She lacked the wisdom of a Turaga, despite her body.

Kardaka stumbled as she walked, thrusting out her staff to catch herself. She leaned on the long staff, before using its leverage to push herself more upright. Her large feet were unsteady, far too big compared to her legs. And in general, as a new Turaga, her body still felt wrong, too short and stocky. It lacked the lean height of a Toa.

Her hand reached for her canteen and she took a deep drink, before capping it and continuing her trek. With each step she used her staff as a cane to stabilize her balance, trying to keep herself upright. She let out a sigh, her journey seemed utterly endless. And it felt like she was only going to get more lost before she had her answers. 

OOC: Kardaka open to interaction

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: [Kohra - Iron Mahi, First Passenger Car]

Kohra, more stumbling than jumping, made her way back into the aisle of the railcar, catching herself on the backrests of the row of seats in front of her. Her head snapped up, finding herself suddenly almost face to face with…it looked like a half assembled Skakdi. She took notice of the various injuries, just long enough to decide she’d try and bypass that one on the side with what she somehow figured to be the braced weaker leg. She mounted the seats again, trying for a repeat of her previous move - and this time, though again painfully protesting, her limbs cooperated*: Jumping up, her right grabbed onto the edge of the overhead luggage rack and she used the resulting momentum to swing her legs over the next two rows of seats, clearing them like hurdles before trying to get back to the aisle behind the Skakdi once again.

Why is there glass all over the floor? 

OOC: @Perp@Nato G@Tarn

*I am actually rolling dice for these posts to see how badly or not she does.

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Offices first, methinks.  We'll probably be sweeping the whole place no matter what, so we might as well save the deepest, dankest catacombs for last."  Joskander gestured grandiosely in a vaguely forward direction.  "This is your expedition, so... after you."

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

I'll be full and truly honest with you, love, that I didn't know what to make of what this Solan fellow had meant by what he said. Probably nothing, looking back on our conversation -- just another bit of bluster from a man to whom the years had been most unkind. In any case, I shrugged the whole affair off, picked up my empty glass, and was just about to return to our booth to procure some more Po-Koronan comfort when -- what would you know? Someone else came barging into our backroom. I found myself sighing despite myself; my negotiations with Lash, Blue-Eyes and Solan had been taxing, and I had been hoping for a moment of quiet.

But, the Captain was busy with the Lesterin, and as his First Mate, the interviews were obvious my prerogative. So, I took a deep breath and tried to remember how I dealt with patrons back when I ran the Rama Hive, remembering too late that the answer to that question was: poorly.

"Did you think the ship was gonna leave without you, buddy?" I said, walking over to the new guy. This was another beefcake, a rectangle of a man whose shoulders and hips had to have been the same size. The man was tall, too, that was obvious. Just as obvious was the way that he kept looking over his shoulder, or the way his chest heaved as it settled an oxygen deficiency. The man was running from something or someone.

Joy of joys. Couldn't we get someone boring today?

"Why don't you sit down," I continued, gesturing towards the table I had just been sitting at, "if you're here on business?"

OOC: @Emzee

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

On 1/30/2023 at 2:41 PM, ARROW404 said:

"As your friend said," he responded, inclining his head toward Frii'glokk. "I seek passage to the- hmm- 'Greater Zakazian area'. I had been hoping for Seprilli, but Zakaz will do."

"Home calls us all in the end, eh?" the pirate replied with a sympathetic wink. "I'll be hopin' to stop off at the old rock-in-the-sea meself, but our ability to do so may depend on the...ah...diplomatic situation."

By which he meant, whether there were still wanted posters of his grinning mug plastered all over the Port.

"At the very least, we'll get ya to safe harbour on the mainland. Shouldn't be more than a short ferry hop to get ya the rest of the way."

At that moment, a faint sound of breaking glass — of a different timbre to the usual shatter of drinking utensils heard around the Dancing Crab, more like, say, the sound of a Toa making his way bodily through a window — caught Lohkar's attention from elsewhere in the tavern. He glanced over his shoulder, eyebrow raised in interest, before looking back to the two men who were now confirmed as passengers rather than prospective crew (and thus profitable, but no longer of much interest to the freewheeling Lesterin).

"Well, gents, I shall leave you in the capable hands of me subordinates," he said, waving a hand in the general direction of the various Infernavika crew present (mainly Yasurek — he'd be happy to deal with all the boring details, right?). "They'll be 'appy to discuss all the details with ya. But as long as you can pay our modest fee, rest assured we'll get ya ta Zakaz. Just make sure you're aboard before we cast off!"

With that, he flicked them a casual salute and moseyed over towards where Gunner was already intercepting a somewhat hurried-looking red-armoured Toa who, based on his somewhat haggard breathing and the flecks of glass still dusting his sizeable shoulders, was most likely the same being who had made the audible window entry (re-fenestrated? Pre-fenestrated? He'd have to look that one up.). His ever-reliable gut told him this should be a fun one.

OOC: @BULiK @ARROW404 @Emzee @Void Emissary

• Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Zelvin and Farzan (Po-Koro Tech Emporium)

I blinked through the light reflecting in my eyes as I held up the lens to examine it. It was all a fine idea in theory, the part that mattered was to make sure that it all could in fact fit together, and make the plan work. We all love it when a plan comes together.

The launcher the old Toa had left with me was an intriguing wonder all its own. Crystals as ammunition, now there was an idea...

I held it up, blinking as I felt its weight for a few moments. Pretty comparable to one of my rifles, perhaps a slight bit heavier. Poking out from at the top of the muzzle, a little metal ring at the end of a short prong contained a lens with a crosshair for good measure.

The door chimed, and once again I saw someone come in with a dissecting look in her eyes. She could immediately tell that the work seemed to be done, and smiled and nodded approvingly.

"You're early, and fortunately so was I, Ma'am" I offered as she approached.

"A craftsman of such renown as yourself ought to be" she remarked with a smile I could have sworn seemed genuine and not sarcastic at all. Just made me more suspicious, frankly. Payment was no problem for her, just forked it over without quibbling and took her modified gear back.

"Come again, always at your service" I bellowed as she left.

Zelvin had to say, she was indeed impressed with the young Fa-Matoran's work. This was just what she'd been hoping for, and with this last tweak made to her most advanced piece, she was feeling a surprising hankering to take her way out towards the uncharted road again, despite having literally just done so.

Zelvin didn't overthink it, she did that more than enough already with a lot of other stuff that she liked to think about, and she spent a lot of time doing that already. With her weapon returned to its normal state, the gleaming curve of the blade at the end of her polearm, sticking out from where it hung on her back, everyting else ready to go. She left the village of Stone and took the best route she could find to get her out of that desert quickly.

OOC: Zelvin to Le-Wahi

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

He nodded. "You make a good point. I suppose we have a long search ahead of us..."

Sighing, he went ahead, and quicly realized just how devastated the fortress was on the inside. Most rooms had been blown apart, and nothing but crumbling piles of ebony stones remained. The ruins were empty and eerie. Finding the offices or at least their former location could prove to be impossible.

Eventually, he found a broken stairway that led to what remained of the second floor. It seemed dangerous to climb, as if it was about to collapse at any moment. Defying the heat of the desert, he took a deep breath and channeled elemental power to reinforce it with ice. "Try not to slip," he told Joskander and climbed up. Once he was on top, he saw nothing but burnt rubble, as everything above had collapsed. But among all the ruin, various damaged items were scattered, such as torn papers and pieces of furniture.

He examined it all, expecting Joskander to help with an extra pair of eyes. Most of the second floor was gone and every step was accompanied by a loud creak, sounding like it could collapse at any moment, yet Dahkapa had faith in Ak'rei'an and remained calm. Eventually, he found a charred piece of paper. Reading through it, he quickly recognized the text.

"This is a page from one of the Books of Makron and Orkov, I presume... not what I am looking for, but..."

He appeared to get emotional for a moment, but quickly steeled his expression and put the paper in his bag. Turning around, he shook his head.

"We'll find nothing here," he said bitterly, his words seeping with poison. "Let us head back down. Only something underground could've survived this kind of zealous hatred."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

In, out. In… out.

Tailua huffed as he sat in the chair facing the Toa of Air before him. The Le-Toa’s armor looked well-maintained and dignified, and he almost gave off a sense of regal authority. He also looked like someone who had things to do and valued his time.

“Um…,” Tailua stammered as his haggard breathing began to calm, “Yeah, Business”

In, out. In… out.

Tailua continued slowing his breath and was about to raise his gun-arm like someone would raise an index finger to buy more time. Fortunately, the replenished oxygen allowed Tailua’s mental faculties to kick into high gear. Instead, Tailua placed his left hand on the table beside him, revealing his final flyer from the Po-Koro Technology Emporium.

As the flyer laid face up, the Le-Toa along with anyone else in the room saw a crumpled but still-legible advertisement. On it was a full-body illustration of a female Toa of Air. One hand was on her hip, while the other hand was toting the V2 Patero launcher — the same prototype that was grafted in place of Tailua's right hand. The pose and the stone-cold glance from the subject projected equal parts power and confidence. The model’s name, the famous Toa Skyra Daring, was printed on under the illustration along with these bolded words:

Greater Accuracy! Faster Loading! Light and Nimble!

“I'm Tailua Kodin. An' don’t worry about that paper — it's mine. I didn’t come ‘ere to advertise,” Tailua explained, no doubt expecting a reaction to the rather unsubtle imagery. “The barkeep said something about a job. I need to uh… hide out for a while. I gotta lot o' skills like cookin’, killin’, protectin’. I even worked for a circus once”

Tailua was content with that spiel, and he waited to see if the Le-Toa would offer specific occupations to him.

OOC: @Ghosthands @Void Emissary

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 4

IC: Frii'Glokk [Ostia, The Dancing Crab]

His ride doubly confirmed, this time by the captain himself, the Fe-Skakdi was satisfied. He had a new mission now: lounge around waiting to depart. What better entertainment than this new Toa and his catchy poster?

Over Lohkar's shoulder, the ironclad Skakdi observed the introductions. This guy used to work for the circus? the newly-appointed goon thought. He then remembered his encounter with Solan a few minutes earlier. Yeah, he'll fit right in.

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

"Uh huh," I mumbled, seating myself back down as I picked up the advertisement. I sensed the air behind me part for Lohkar and Blue-Eyes as they approached the table too, which was why I was so cavalier about losing eye-line on the man with the gun for a hand, considering I had a different man with a gun for a hand on my side. Still, I was only half-perusing the poster; mulling over this Tailua's words was my major preoccupation.

"Hidin' out, huh?" I said, still not taking my eyes off of the paper. "Who from? NEX? Mangaia Pact? Or just one of the guardsmatoran wiping their rears with our tax dollars -- which I, of course, pay regularly and on-time? Far be it from me to invade your privacy, but I'd just like to know who might try to hunt our ship down in the future. You understand, of course?"

OOC: @Emzee@Ghosthands@BULiK

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Baszlin - Iron Mahi 

Squirrelly little thing. Frantically hopping up and down on the seats like that – it spoke to the tragic, mind-frying mania of substance abuse. It would be quite sad if it weren’t perplexing in greater measure. Where was she hoping to go? What was she cooking?

Baszlin simply continued backing up as the Vortixx scrambled up and down the seats, disturbing the cardboard cutouts emplaced there (a few of them voiced their displeasure at this), moving steadily towards the opposite end of the car. Finally, he’d had enough – there was nowhere for her to go except through him. He splayed his arms, hunching over, ready to pounce. Tackling this Vortixx would be no mean feat if she dared set foot in the aisle again, which she was bound to do.

“I’ll show you who’s boss of this train.”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 7

Joskander watched Dahkapa sift through the ruins through hooded eyes.  He didn't move to help.  He had no idea what he was even looking for, and he was hardly feeling confident enough to ask.  It hardly seemed like Dahkapa needed the help anyways; he was moving with a purpose, and Joskander almost wondered if his being there might actually be slowing the Toa of Ice down.

"This is a page from one of the Books of Makron and Orkov, I presume... not what I am looking for, but..."

Joskander frowned.  "Books of who?" he said, but Dahkapa was already turning, his scowl vanishing beneath his whirling cape.

"We'll find nothing here.  Let us head back down. Only something underground could've survived this kind of zealous hatred."

"You sure?"  Joskander took a step forward, looked carefully into Dahkapa's eyes.  "You seem... significantly more troubled than usual right now.  Something up with what was on that paper?"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander stupid question, what did dahkapa say to joskander about the details of this fortress again, if anything

The burly Ta-Toa took another deep breath; his mouth was the texture of the Motara desert. So vivid was his close shave with death, Tailua struggled to maintain eye contact with the sophisticated-looking Toa of Air sitting opposite of him.

Hidin' out, huh? the Le-Toa said, “Who from? NEX? Mangaia Pact? Or just one of the guardsmatoran wiping their rears with our tax dollars — which I, of course, pay regularly and on-time?”

Tailua ran the names of those groups in his head and immediately disqualified them. He looked up at the Le-Toa and gave a hapless shrug.

“Far be it from me to invade your privacy, but I'd just like to know who might try to hunt our ship down in the future. You understand, of course?”

Tailua inhaled sharply and appeared to hold his breath for a beat.

“Well, we'd be on a ship, right? Then I reckon we won’t have to worry about ‘em as long I stay under deck,” the Ta-Toa finally said. His fiery magenta eyes shown with a forewarning of mortality rarely seen on his visage.

“I dunno how much sense this makes, but I use ta’think Mata Nui was what it was.” Tailua said slowly, “A pit filled with Makuta-crazies, self-righteous so-called ‘heroes’, and drifters in-between that want and care for none of it. I thought that was it”

Tailua shook his head.

“While we’re all out here scavenging what we can to survive, some folks have facilities, riches, and a whole lotta time and men to do as they please,” Tailua said, “Hard-workin’ folks like us can’t make a difference on this soul-stomp of an island. And those that try…”

The porky Toa took a measured glance through the door that he stumbled through before looking back at the Le-Toa, this time looking him in the eye.

“I hate ta'say it, but not knowing who they are seems like the very point of their whole operation,” Tailua said, “Well, that and killin'”

OOC: @Void Emissary @Ghosthands @BULiK

Edited by Emzee
  • Like 3

She froze. Eyed her opponent. The Skakdi was apparently as tired of her as she was of him. Served him right. Didn’t solve her problem though, she still needed a way forward. A sparkle caught her eye, light catching on the broken glass again - aha!

She set her jaw, looked Baszlin in the eye and through gritted teeth - trying for snidely - said: “Please do; all I got right now is this useless talking pile of scrap in my way.”

As soon as he moved, she moved, scrambling for the broken window. It wasn’t elegant, someone yelled as she stepped on their lap, but she didn’t faceplant either, now she just had to somehow climb out and up before the Skakdi could get to her.

OOC: @Perp

• Like 2

OOC: the search function is your friend. he hasn't really said anything, not that he knows much himself

He let out an exasperated sigh. "That page was from one of the holy books of the Brotherhood, which had probably been stored in a library, office or a shrine. All of which are gone. The books tell about the history of the Brotherhood and the faith of Ak'rei'an as a whole. Do you realize what your fellow followers of Mata Nui have done here? They have tried to erase history and violently suppress those they deem to be heretics."

Turning to face him, he glared into his eyes. "Look around yourself, Joskander, and tell me: was all this destruction justified? Was it moral? Was it virtuous?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Joskander exhaled slowly, walked right up to Dahkapa, looked him right in his violet-tinged eyes... and shrugged.  "How should I know?  I wasn't here.  I have no idea what this place was.  I have no idea what its people did here.  I have no idea who attacked it, or why, or how.  All I know is that your Brotherhood owned it once... and then it got sacked."

He stared up through the shattered roof, up between the canyon crags, up to the glimmers of the sun above.  "And I know that when they made you a convert," he muttered, "they did it not with a word, but with a knife.  So forgive me if I still find myself something of a skeptic of their goodness."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander so that last bit definitely isn't how joskander normally speaks but I'm too tired right now to make it less melodramatic so whatever xP

On 2/1/2023 at 11:45 PM, Harvali said:

IC Kardaka - Po-Wahi - The Motara Desert

OOC: Kardaka open to interaction

IC: Lumune - the middle of the desert

Idas crested the top of a dune, and the Iron Mahi's tracks came into view. From what Lumune had gathered, the lion didn't much care for said tracks- didn't like staying close to them. She could imagine why. Dead metal like that was an odd sight, that must have set the rahi's senses on edge. Or maybe it had had a bad encounter with the Mahi itself. Couldn't say the same, herself. She'd never had a reason to use it, not a reason to dislike it.

Movement caught her eye, and both she and the lion zeroed in on a potential catch. Her brow furrowed. Her eyes must be playing tricks on her... She gestured with her spear, and Idas stalked forward so she could get a better look.

A Turaga. A live one, no less. Out here? In the middle of the desert?

Her mind went back to a track she had seen once or twice in the past year. She hadn't known what kind of Rahi it could have belonged to, and now she knew why- it had belonged to a Turaga. Not a footprint she'd been familiar with before, but now that she saw those crooked feet, she made the connection.

"Bit far from the safety of home, venerable one!" she called once she was close enough for the wind not to carry her voice away. Idas continued his slow approach with a look of curiosity. Lucky Turaga, the lion had just eaten.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:43 AM, Ghosthands said:

"Well, gents, I shall leave you in the capable hands of me subordinates," he said, waving a hand in the general direction of the various Infernavika crew present (mainly Yasurek — he'd be happy to deal with all the boring details, right?). "They'll be 'appy to discuss all the details with ya. But as long as you can pay our modest fee, rest assured we'll get ya ta Zakaz. Just make sure you're aboard before we cast off!"

With that, he flicked them a casual salute and moseyed over towards where Gunner was already intercepting a somewhat hurried-looking red-armoured Toa who, based on his somewhat haggard breathing and the flecks of glass still dusting his sizeable shoulders, was most likely the same being who had made the audible window entry (re-fenestrated? Pre-fenestrated? He'd have to look that one up.). His ever-reliable gut told him this should be a fun one.

IC: Suran

The Lesterin spared a curious glance at the Toa who had certainly gained the Crab's patron's ire by destroying one of the establishment's windows. His hand went to his sword, but relaxed as he saw the Toa offered no danger, turning his attention then to Lohkar. "Ah yes, a fee." He looked to said subordinates, wondering which one would be telling him the cost of the journey.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

On 2/7/2023 at 4:23 AM, Emzee said:

“I hate ta'say it, but not knowing who they are seems like the very point of their whole operation,” Tailua said, “Well, that and killin'”

"Hey, if you're not gettin' jumped by the occasional gang of anonymous killers, you're doin' something wrong."

The voice came from Tailua's blind spot. Lohkar swaggered into view a moment later.

"Assassination attempts are the spice o' life, that's what I always say."

The Lesterin extended a hand — his right hand, apparently in an attempt to shake Tailua's Patero attachment by way of greeting.

"Lohkar," he introduced himself, "Cap'n of the Infernavika. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr Kodin."

OOC: @Emzee @Void Emissary @BULiK

• Like 2

IC: Frii'Glokk [Ostia, The Dancing Crab]

Blue eyes were locked on the Toa's hand-gun. All else was still.

He seemed to calm down a little and let out a lengthy sigh. "I understand. You have no stake in this matter. And I was not saying the Brotherhood was good or innocent, they certainly were misguided in many ways... but neither are the servants of Mata Nui perfect paragons of virtue like they claim to be. I came to realize that by myself, and the conversion only partially contributed to it. I hope one day, you'll realize it too..."

He turned to look at the stairway. "Let us head back down and continue our search there"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Baszlin - Iron Mahi

Holding his stance as the Vortixx junkie rambled off some half-coherent drivel, Baszlin waited to spring into his tackle when she made a move towards him. Instead, she moved laterally, trampling over some of the seated cardboard and up toward the–

The window? She wants to leave? Curious. Did she not pay for a ticket?

As the Vortixx scrambled for purchase on the glass-strewn table, Baszlin relaxed his posture and calmly strode over, just as his quarry was pulling herself outside of the train.

She might have been expecting him to try to grab her, haul her back into the car. But it was clear that she wanted out.

So he pushed her instead.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 6

One second she was reaching for the top of the window frame, the next her world became nothing but a blur of color and the noise of rushing air. 

All Baszlin heard was a small, surprised gasp. Arms flailed, fingers grasped at nothing - then she was gone.

There was a moment of shocked silence - whatever passengers remained in the carriage had not expected to see someone defenestrated this day - then the shrieking sound of rending metal cut through the moment along with the claws tearing gashes, back and up through the carriage’s side about two windows further back down from where the Skakdi stood.

Kohra almost didn’t feel the impact of her body slamming into the side of the carriage as she came to a sudden stop - the pain from her shoulder seemed to override everything else. She couldn’t tell if she was crying out or not, the slipstream that had kept her close to the train in the first place drowned out every other noise. Neither did she know what she had just done, what instinct had overcome her.

All she knew was fury. Fury at the situation, these wannabe conductors - but mostly at herself for not being able to get a better handle on the situation. She had come here to see if someone needed help - now she was clinging to the side of the Iron Mahi for dear life. 

She began to pull herself up. Her left arm - black rot covered in tarred feathers, now truly exposed for the first time - felt like it was being yanked from its socket, whatever material holding it in place cracking under the stress after going unused for too long. And she found that in this instant - she didn’t care that it hurt. She had been stupid - she’d earned it.

Use it. Move. Focus.

A moment that seemed much longer than it actually was later, the fingers of her right found purchase on the edge of the roof again and she was finally able to pull her claws loose from the side of the carriage. By the time the people inside had processed what had happened and went to look, she had disappeared out of sight atop the roof.

OOC: @Perp@Nato G@Tarn

• Like 3

On 2/12/2023 at 4:05 AM, Ghosthands said:

"Lohkar," he introduced himself, "Cap'n of the Infernavika. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr Kodin."

IC: Tailua — Ostia, The Dancing Crab

Instead of offering his own hand, Tailua’s eyebrows leapt as he heard the captain’s name and the same of the ship. His eyes darted to each of the other figures in the room.

“This is the Infernavika crew? One of the most infamous… er, privateersmen on Mata Nui?”

Tailua was thunderstruck. He had heard many of the stories of the Infernavika crew’s exploits, and while he was sure most of them were Old Turaga’s tales, Tailua knew that the ruffians and scalawags didn’t make up those stories on any old crew.

It also, of course, may have been more obvious if Tailua had bother to read any of the postings around Ostia.

“Oh uh…” Tailua looked at his own Patero-hand and attempted to detach the launcher. Several seconds passed as the Ta-Toa awkwardly used his free left hand to fiddle with the custom attachment mechanism on his right gun-hand. A few clicks and pops later, the gun was detached, and the burly man offered his right stump in return.

“I’ve heard wild stories of you and your crew, Lohkar,” Tailua said, “Don’t know how much of it is true, but it takes a certain amount of character to be deemed a subject worthy of such ludicrous tales. Why, spendin’ a season aboard your ship is a well-desired ambition of mine! Where ya headed, anyway?”

OOC: @Ghosthands @Void Emissary @BULiK @ARROW404

• Like 1

"As you wish, brother," Joskander said.  He gave Dahkapa a nod and took a few long strides over to the stairwell- then stopped abruptly, head bowed in thought.  "While we walk, though," he added, "I've got a question I'd like answered.  Who do you think had it worse?  This place?  Or Ko?"

• Like 1

As he stepped down the icy stairs, not worrying about slipping thanks to his innate connection to the element, he pondered about Joskander's question.

"Well... at least Ko-Koro is still standing," he replied. "But I understand your point. The Brotherhood is not innocent... war is Karzahni. That is what we all must understand. Violence and destruction accomplishes nothing. I hope that from now on, the truth of Ak'rei'an can be spread with words of reason, not coercion. Maybe then followers of Mata Nui won't respond with such excessive force."

After reaching the bottom floor again, he continued his search. While examining the crumbled walls, he saw something beyond them. A path led outside, into large black scorch marks. Clearly, something had once been there.

Expecting Joskander to follow, he walked down the path and noticed a hole in the ground. Peeking down, he saw stairs that were mostly intact. Was this it? A secret passage that had been revealed by an explosion?

Without saying anything, he rushed down the stairs, expecting to finally find the archives. But that's not what was down there.

It was a conversion chamber.

He froze completely, staring at it in horror.

also ive been using this page as a source this whole time in case youve been wondering https://bzprpg.fandom.com/wiki/Blackrock_Canyon

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

There was a hint of disappointment in Lohkar's eyes as Tailua removed his weaponised prosthetic. He'd been half-hoping the Toa would offer him it to shake, giving him the opportunity to, shall we say, temporarily relieve the man of his gun-hand and have a little fun. But whether out of an abundance of caution or simply politeness, Tailua had not acted so gullibly.

Well, if your excuse for messing with potential recruits was that you were "testing them", you couldn't really act hard-done-by if they passed the test, could you?

Lohkar reached forward and gave the stump a hearty shake. His grin widened as Tailua spoke; he always appreciated a little flattery.

"Sailin' for Zakaz waters, my friend. Headin' back where I belong. Not to mention far away from whatever gang o' miscreants are after your blood," he added, raising an eyebrow. "Seems likely we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement, eh?"

OOC: @Emzee @Void Emissary @BULiK

• Like 2

IC:

Turn the clock back a few minutes. Come to that, turn the calendar back a few years.

Makuta is still alive and well. The Po-Koro Guard has been on watch for a long, long time even before Pohatu and the First Toa showed up. A hundred rough years after they disappeared the Po-Koro Guard is on watch still. Some changes in that time, sure. One Toa became a bunch. Lots of other kinds of people start showing up. But the Guard is the Guard, and it keeps doing the same thing it's been doing since forever. Then six Rahkshi break down the front door, kill a bunch of people, and a kid is promoted to Colonel overnight. Some people have all the luck. Then a pirate chucks a living bomb into your headquarters, blows up the place, kills a bunch of your personnel, and kidnaps your Turaga. Your Turaga gets kidnapped again. Then assassinated. And then a Rahkshi army kicks down the door you just fixed and a lot more people die.

Your local sports legend gets made Akiri and has to figure out what to do about this. For whatever reason the Kolhiihead decides to try and match the Ta-Koro Guard and rebrands along the way. Now the Guard is the Sentinels instead. Being an athlete and not a general, your new political lord and master doesn't really get that making up the numbers doesn't mean much by itself. You've just diluted the core competency that you had. But at least your Captain understands that, and yadda-yadda-ing your way past a whole lot of politics you get a new Akiri who at least knows what she doesn't know. The civilian side of things is great, and aside from some weird decisions like making a Po-Koro navy the Captain gets to have the freedom to run things the way they need to run. But the Cap'n's still faced with a pretty big experience deficit, and more territory to protect than ever. What do you do about it?

Well, you get smart.

"Look like you could use a hand, ma'am," A voice, barely audible over the rushing air and the clacking train, preceded a hand being offered towards Kohra. The rough looking Toa, in comparison, was not hunched or prone on the train's roof; he almost looked to be at ease, except for the foot planted behind him to brace against the wind. His feet were stuck to the roof as easy as he'd have stood on the ground. "I could use a bit of a sit-rep. Fair 'nough?"

Take your competent, disciplined core. Ruthless opposition cost you some great ones, officers who should've gone on for a long time, but it's cut out the deadwood too. Cowards court-martialed for desertion, or resigned. Incompetents killed in action or relieved during the reorganization. What's left is solid. You take a census. And you cross-assign. Because competency is contagious. Three two-guard teams on board the Mahi. Even numbers keeps anyone from going it alone, but makes it easy to organize by experience.

Now we turn the clock to those last few minutes.

Experience says, firstly, that whoever controls the engine controls the train. Soon as the engineers raised an alarm the duo up front got ready. Two at the back, with the stuff someone might want to steal, and two in the middle to patrol. SOP, easy and by the book. Experience also says, though, that if you're letting someone take a fair fight you're not cheating hard enough.

Goes double when you're hauling something as sensitive as what he had out back.

"E-Excuse me?" One of Baz's maligned cardboard cutouts, a nervous looking Lesterin, piped up diffidently. No one had told her to keep her hands up but she'd done it as soon as the commotion began. Now they were beginning to droop, clearly tired of holding the same position. "Um, y-you guys can do whatever you want. But can I put my arms down now?"

OOC: At Silvan's request I'm taking over the NPCs for the train heist. So, attention heist crew and @Vezok's Friend, @Perp, @Tarn, and @oncertaintyspecifically.

• Like 9

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The Vortixx was half on her back, half on her side, clawed hand clinging to a vent of some kind to not slip off. It took her a moment to realize she wasn’t alone. The Toa standing over her appeared skewed and upside down from her position. Her response came as a strained groan:

“Sitrep…what…who are you? You with those brakas back there?”

She really didn’t need another one trying to get in her way.

OOC: @Krayzikk

• Like 1