BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

IC: Joskander (Blackrock Canyon)

"...I hope that from now on, the truth of Ak'rei'an can be spread with words of reason, not coercion. Maybe then followers of Mata Nui won't respond with such excessive force."

Joskander shook his head as he gingerly trotted his way down the frozen steps.  Maybe, huh? he thought as he watched Dahkapa outpaced him.  You hope, huh?  You know, when you first started talking at me like that, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.  No clue whether you were trying to play me, or you were just insane.  Couldn't take a word you said at face value.  Now, I'm starting to think you genuinely believe every word of what you're saying... and that scares me.

Because there's no way in all the world that you'll be able to convince your cultist friends that what they did to you was wrong... or convince people like me to forgive them.  And I have no idea what you're going to do when you realiOHNOOHGODOHMAN-

Slip.  Both Joskander's feet gave beneath him, and suddenly he was skidding head over heels down the last few steps and crashing face first into the floor.  By the time he had picked himself off the ground and reassured himself that he hadn't gone the way of that poor old Skakdi at Obsidian Outpost, Dahkapa was already easing his way through a broken wall and- oh no- a hidden passageway.  Never a good sign, one of those in a place like this.

"Dahkapa!" he called as he stumbled out of the ruined halls.  "Brother!  Wait up!"  Squeeze through the passage, jump down the hole, don't trip, don't trip, down the stairs down the stairs, down the stairs-

He saw the room before he saw Dahkapa.

"Oh."

For a few moments he just stood there on the stairs, squinting into the chamber, trying to catch a glimpse of its innards, instantly regretting it whenever he did.

Then he slowly walked down to stand by Dahkapa's side.

"I can search this room for you, if you want," he murmured.  "But I don't think we're gonna find anything worthwhile down here."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

1 hour ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC: [Kohra - Iron Mahi, First Passenger Car]

The Vortixx was half on her back, half on her side, clawed hand clinging to a vent of some kind to not slip off. It took her a moment to realize she wasn’t alone. The Toa standing over her appeared skewed and upside down from her position. Her response came as a strained groan:

“Sitrep…what…who are you? You with those brakas back there?”

She really didn’t need another one trying to get in her way.

OOC: @Krayzikk

IC:

"Situation report," The Toa enunciated, slowly and patiently. A quick twitch of his fingers secured the Vortixx more readily to the roof- magnets were pretty nifty- and he gestured with the same finger to the roof below his feet. "Been a son of a Brakas before, but I don't think I've been associated lately. Sarge Nota, Sentinels, here to thump some bad guys."

"If you could point 'em out, that'd sure make it easier Miss...?"

IC:

The Iron Mahi's engine isn't as big as you might think. Rather, the engine is exactly as big as you think but the room for its engineers is rather smaller. Most of what would be useful space on a passenger or cargo car is taken up by the Mahi's engine itself, leaving a control room a little less than half the length of a standard car and only about three quarters as wide. Little hatches and alcoves, accesses to service spaces for the Mahi, dotted the walls and floor. The far wall consisted almost entirely of controls and gauges.

Except, of course, for the Toa of Lightning standing between the intruders and there.

"Halt!" She pointed accusingly. "This area is off limits to passengers. Return to your seats!"

@Tarn@Perp@Morgan Yu

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Like 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Datrox smirked to himself as he walked away from Dolbren. He knew better. The other Toa was there for a reason. But their game was over, and he had made no attempt to impede Datrox which meant he knew something he didn’t. As long as he wasn’t getting in his way, or actively doing anything worth stopping, Datrox was content to leave him behind in the other car for now.

Besides, he kind of liked the guy.

As he crossed into the first passenger car, Datrox almost bumped into Minnorak. Attempting to peer over the Vortixx’s shoulder wasn’t much use given the height advantage he had, but from what Datrox could tell, Kohra was missing. The loud gust of wind coming from an open window told half the story. Datrox wasn’t going to assume the worst yet. And he was, at the very least, going to try his best to be very annoying to the people causing problems on the Mahi.

Keep your friend out of trouble. Failed step one.

Keep yourself out of trouble.

“Pardon me,” he piped up to Minnorak, trying to gain his attention amid what was happening. “Are you the conductor?”

Failed step two.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@Perp@oncertainty@Krayzikk Going by the layout Perp made for this one and putting Datrox already halfway into the other car. Can you believe he's been there for basically a whole year?

• Like 5

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Dolbren - Iron Mahi, Second Passenger Car

Dolbren couldn't see clearly through the small windows between the cars. His view was further occluded by the occupants of the aisle in the far car, now both Datrox and Minnorak. However, he did see something. For a moment, Baszlin was in motion. The sickly-looking Vortixx had been in the aisle for a moment too. And now—what was going on—he could just barely see a couple of passengers in the first car jerking their heads to the windows of the train.

Following their lead, Dolbren rushed to the bank of windows. He pushed past and reached over a couple of Matoran, and then craned his head to see outside. Nothing of note, except the desert rushing quickly past. Nothing on the ground behind the train. And yet, something was clearly going on.

He planted his palms on the wall, then pushed himself back from the wall of the train, and in one swift motion was standing in the aisle. The slightest application of his Calix kept things moving nicely. A smile was on his face now. Not a wide grin, but a predatorial, close-mouthed thing. It lingered there for just a moment, and then he turned.

What was happening wasn't the plan, that's for sure. All the same, if Dolbren waited any longer he was going to get left behind. He felt like a fool just standing there. There was work to be done.

Dropping any pretense of purposelessness, Dolbren wrenched the back door of the second passenger car open. He took a deep breath, feeling the wind now rushing on his face, and stepped out into the open gangway. Without even a glance back into the car, he slammed the door shut behind him.

Go time.

OOC: @Krayzikk @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

IC: Minnorak - The Iron Mahi, First Passenger Car

The fumbling commotion and sound of scraping metal behind him told Minnorak all he needed to know about what had happened to the other Vortixx. 

He sighed. He held no ill will towards Baszlin for doing what had needed to be done; it was partially Minnorak's own fault for letting the woman get past him. But still... this was meant to be a simple distraction, for an equally simple heist. No one had needed to die. At the very least, not any of the passengers. 

Why couldn't people simply sit down and mind their own business? Why did everyone on this accursed island have to try to be a hero? 

Speaking of which... 

“Pardon me. Are you the conductor?”

"Sure," he growled, "Now conduct yourself back to your seat, please." 

@Tarn

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

5 hours ago, Krayzikk said:

IC:

"E-Excuse me?" One of Baz's maligned cardboard cutouts, a nervous looking Lesterin, piped up diffidently. No one had told her to keep her hands up but she'd done it as soon as the commotion began. Now they were beginning to droop, clearly tired of holding the same position. "Um, y-you guys can do whatever you want. But can I put my arms down now?"

IC: Baszlin - Iron Mahi

The horrendous metallic screeching, followed momentarily by tinny thumping that slowly wound its way overhead… well, Baszlin didn’t have to be a sonics elemental to tell that the Vortixx Problem was still indeed just that. For now, there was nothing to do about it. The mind of a substance abuser was one whose logic was nigh impossible to fathom, beset by monomania and compulsion. He shrugged. Cross that bridge when they came to it.

Besides, the inanimate cardboard had now learned to speak. Bizarre!

He whipped around to locate the source of the new voice, scanning for a brief second before resolving the Lesterin in question - and it was indeed a real person now, not some lame facsimile. Her arms, trembling, in the air…

A wave of familiarity washed over Baszlin. It wasn’t quite a memory, but he could smell it – the must of sweat, the iron stench of blood so thick you could taste it on your tongue without opening your mouth… He stared at those wrists, raised heavenward. It was like a snapshot out of a history book, something ancient that dredged up the sense of something base and primordial, but for one missing component. Manacles, metal bindings – those were missing from the wrists, accompanied by the reverberating metallic crinkle that could be produced by nothing else but a long length of chain, stretched taut. It was so clear in his mind, the iconography of suffering… and then it was gone. 

Hmmm…

All that remained of that image was the pair of trembling arms belonging to the figure before him, terrified and exceedingly real.

“Hm? Oh, yes, of course,” he said at last, voice low and soft. He gingerly took one of the arms in his hands, lowering it himself ever so gently. “You’ll get a cramp if you keep them up like that. Very bad on the shoulders.”

• Like 5

IC, Skrol: Iron Mahi Freight Car

How long had it been? Days? Months? Years? It certainly felt like all three of those things, but it had only been a few hours. A few excruciatingly cramped hours in a box with Quoribay. 

The rumble of the train was very annoying to the Lesterin's sensitive ears. Not just because of how noisy it was, but because of how hard it made to tell what was going on outside. For a while, Skrol concentrated on what he was hearing. Quoribay probably thought he had gone into a trance, or was taking a nap. 

Then came a moment where he thought he heard a thump or two. Or did he? Was it his imagination, playing tricks on him to break the monotony of the train wheels rolling on their tracks? Whatever the case, Skrol was tired of being cramped in the box. His joints were starting to ache.

Gently nudging Quoribay, the Lesterin slowly and carefully pushed out on the lid of their container, moving it out of the way enough for the two of them to fully rise out of it.

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 3

On 6/23/2022 at 11:03 PM, BULiK said:

IC: Quoribay [Iron Mahi, ?th Car, ???]

Y'know, I'd been in plenty of dangerous situations. On the run, taking hostages, fighting people in very dumb and dangerous ways against impossible odds.

But I, the pro that I am, was always cool under pressure. It never 'got' to me like you read in the Mata Nui Daily about some guard members losing their lunch during a stick up, or like you see when some guard members lose their lunch while you're doing a stick up. Me? Never got the creeps, the willies, the makooties, whatever you want to call it. For as long as I could remember.

This job though? There was this point when I had this feeling, this instinct, that something was off. I felt this... chill... creeping all over my body.

That was the first indication that things weren't going to plan. That that day was going to get even crazier than I had accounted for.

IC: Quoribay [Iron Mahi, ?th Car]

I was so glad to be free from that little box, let me tell you. Finally, after the painstaking setup process, it was my time to shine.

When Skrol gave me the secret signal, he began opening the secret compartment, pushing past the decoy fruits to reach the crate's lid. I took the liberty to grab a bula on my way out. One for the road, eh?

I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, but superstition wasn't gonna stop me. I gracefully lowered myself to the floor, all daintily-like in case Skrol had made a massive ####up and the coasts weren't completely clear (true). While I had confidence in the plan... the shivers did give me a bit of a spook.

If you recall, priority number one was figuring out just where the Karz I was. Situational awareness, they call it.

OOC: @a goose@Krayzikk@~Xemnas~

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Karmine MadocRecommended listening

"Oh, well, that's alright, sorry. We came to have a gander and if there were any extra seats back here, it's quite crowded toda-"

CRACK! CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK!

The taste of blood trickles from your tongue. Loosen your karzin' bite, you'll finish up eating it at that rate. A tight, faint trail of smoke rises from the barrel of your tool of havoc. Don't dare lower it yet.

OOC: @Perp@Krayzikk@Tarn Karmine shooting at the guard.

• Like 6

“No. Sorry, kid, that’s the one thing you can never do.”

BZPRPG Arc 3 Profiles I GOBM Profiles

“Ah, so you are the conductor!”

Datrox did not move from his position, instead trying to push into the other car casually, as if the Vortixx’s words had only sort-of registered with him. “My friend came through here, was trying to bring her back to her seat and—you wouldn’t know where she went, would you?”

Noise erupted from the front of the train.

“Engine trouble?” Datrox asked, with only a hint of sarcasm. His sword arm was starting to itch again. 

IC: Surdo - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Surdo winced, dropping his cane to cover his audio receptors. He had been more caught off guard by Karmine firing than the actual guard. Things just had to escalate didn’t they?

The Fe-Matoran clambered over a nearby abandoned seat to take cover behind it. Combat was not his job, that was everyone else’s.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend@Nato G@BULiK@Morgan Yu

• Like 5

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The vortixx was thankful to feel like she was sticking more to the train roof. She risked letting go with her claw, massaging her shoulder with her right hand. Hurt like karz, but didn’t seem to be actually damaged as far as she could tell.

Kohra…I think.” She said, eyes half closed as she concentrated on her pain. Through gritted teeth she continued:

“Looks like a bunch of mercs: Big Skak, missing half his bits, tall Vortixx thinks he’s the conductor…and some wide purple-teal Toa, talks nonsense. Thought someone was hurt up front, tried to get help. Guess that’s you.”

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

GM IC:

"Kohra," The Sergeant drawled slowly, tilting his head just a fraction of a degree. "Well that definitely sounds like our boys. Yes ma'am, I'd say I'm the help. First thing's first. You alright?"

@Vezok's Friend

"Very bad." The Lesterin agreed shakily. "Um, what's your name? If you can tell me. Might be... Be a little more comfortable, you know?"

@Perp

CRACK! CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK!

"Assault with intent," The Toa's voice might have quavered for just a moment, watching five metal diskettes bounce off of the shield before her. Each impact triggered a quick ripple across the invisible spherical surface, bright and shimmering. Whatever hesitation there might have been eroded quickly with each word filling up with energy and resolve. She was a Sentinel, there were standards to live up to! "No further warnings required per Article II. Surrender, or I will utilize whatever force required!"

The Sentinel shook her wrist, loosening a length of fine linked chain threaded through with copper. She flicked it at Karmine, a small, dense weight at the end visible for just a second, and the chain shot forth like a striking serpent...

And wrapped itself unerringly, impossibly, around the outstretched wrist and forearm that held Karmine's weapon. The links constricted painfully tight, an iron grip on the other Toa's arm.

@Tarn@Morgan Yu

OOC: Post for the rear of the train in a bit for you guys, @~Xemnas~and @BULiK. That'll take me a little longer.

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Like 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Despite everything, the vortixx managed a pained chuckle. “Perfect. Barely worse than usual.”

With a groan, she rolled over and pushed herself to her hands and knees. “But if you need, I’ll try and do my part.” 

She sounded serious, as far as possible, but the sentinel could see her limbs were shaking under the strain of just holding her own weight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

“Engine trouble?” Datrox asked, with only a hint of sarcasm. 

IC: Minnorak - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car) 

"Something like that." He tensed at the sound of gunfire echoing through the train. There was no pretence about their intent now. If the Sentinels weren't already on their way, they soon would be. "Now please, return to your seat," he raised his weapon and shield ever-so-slightly, "We wouldn't want any passengers coming to harm." 

@Tarn

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Karmine Madoc - Gunfight

"Well, love, I have to say...you've forced my hand." 

The cackle erupts through your body, like a bullet in ricochet. You tug at the chain, friendly like. 

And then, you make eye (just the one) contact with the woman, before throwing other your hand upward, in a move to turn gravity's rules upside down on her. At worst, she's gonna be thrown off. At best, she's going to slammed into glorious shards of meat.

OOC: @Krayzikk@Tarn

Edited by Morgan Yu
  • Like 3

IC: Dolbren - Iron Mahi, Outdoors on the Coupling

It was important to Dolbren to know at least a little about a lot. He was not unwilling to occupy the appearance of thoughtless muscle, especially when that was expeditious for a job. But, all the same, he thought of himself as a deep thinker.

Right now, however, his thoughts could not be further from himself. No, what he was thinking about now was accidents on the Iron Mahi. As he had learned from a column in the Mata Nui Daily, there was one part of a locomotive responsible for the most accidents by far. This part was the coupling.

There had been some well-observed description of the particulars of the couplings in the planning stage of the heist. At either end of each car, a flat-sided metal tube projected forth from the undercarriage. These couplings met at the middle point between the cars. An oblong metal loop was inserted into the open ends of both tubes, and a pin was dropped through a hole in each tube to link it all together.

The issue, in a manner of speaking, was to do with the fact that the two sides of the coupling had to be guided together by hand. Someone had to stand out on the coupling while the cars were in motion, trying neither to fall nor get their hand caught between the metal halves. It had resulted in more injuries than one might hope.

And now Dolbren was doing the same operation, but in reverse, and while the train was moving way, way faster.

Luckily, he had a few tricks up his sleeve which ordinary rail workers did not. Judicious application of his Calix raised his balance far above most, so he stepped out onto the coupling itself without hesitation. Once he was past the halfway point he turned completely around on the ball of his foot, just the way he had once seen a dancer do. Still balanced on the coupling, which shuddered and rattled with the movement of the train, he crouched down and put his hand on one of the pins.

Now facing the same way the train was travelling, the wind made Dolbren's eyes water. Secure in his place, he simply closed them. Closing his eyes made this easier anyway. The pin could be lifted out, perhaps, but the friction of the coupling in motion would make that difficult. Dolbren had settled on a different way. Focusing, he allowed his perception to overflow his hand and felt the wrought-metal pin as if it were part of himself. He felt into the core of its form, the dense point that was inevitably pulled downwards to find a place of rest. Dolbren felt that point grow heavier beneath his touch, speeding the pin on its way downward.

For a moment, nothing could be heard above the rattle and scrape of wheels on track. And then there was a creak, and a visible vibration ran through the coupling. The sound grew into a high and stuttering wail, punctuated by pops as cracks formed in the metal. A smile came to Dolbren's face as he felt the coupling shift beneath his feet. Keeping one hand on the pin, he shuffled backwards and grabbed on to the railing on the front of the first cargo car. In another moment, he knew, a wail louder again would be heard and the coupling would fall away completely.

OOC: @BULiK @Krayzikk @Vezok's Friend

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 6

OOC: Aurax and co. from Ga-Wahi

IC, Aurax: Forsi

Aurax and his merry band of travelers stepped off of the ferry at Forsi. It had been explained to him that the current fastest way to Po-Koro was the Iron Mahi, a kind of large transport that moved on its own power; a station for it was found here, yet another new settlement that had popped up after Aurax had died.

He scanned over the unfamiliar town. I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised that this place exists, he thought to himself, Considering how much Ga-Koro changed while I was gone. Aurax turned around to look back at his companions. “So, where is the Iron Mahi station?” he asked. “Some of you are probably more familiar with this place than I am.”

OOC: @Harvali @ARROW404 @Mel @Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @BBBBalta @Umbraline Yumiwa @Rahisaurus 

• Like 3

IC: Tailua — Ostia, The Dancing Crab

The red Toa was still very much in his head, to the point that he barely responded for a second after the handshake. Instead, he began to reattach the firearm. Predictably, it was much easier to put on than to take off, which worked out great for Tailua: he felt strangely vulnerable without his protection at the ready.

He was just glad he had the instinct to detach the launcher when he did. The Le-Toa and Skakdi didn’t seem the most at ease with the apparatus, and the goal was — at this moment — to not die. The Captain, however, had a “seen-it-all” demeanor about him. Maybe the tales were true?

However, Tailua was instantly confused when his began processing what Captain Lohkar had said about their intended destination.

“What in Mangaia is a ‘Zakaz’?”

IC: ??? — Ostia, Rooftop of the building near The Dancing Crab

The Waif was growing a little impatient, but she decided to use that energy to start devising attack points. The failed assassin still laid dead in the streets, and more of a crowd was starting to gather. If enough time passed, one might even get the Sentinels to show up.

That was an extremely unlikely scenario, though. Even those stationed here tended to be very hands-off… but sometimes they would get strangely hot-blooded about a murder not done by someone from their squad.

She continued to wait. The other Reaper would not want to give up, even if the operation was somewhat compromised. Eventually, someone — the other owner maybe — would have to throw him out.

OOC: @Ghosthands @BULiK @Void Emissary

Edited by Emzee
sure let's throw the waif in there. ASAB?
  • Like 1

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

“Sure. Name’s Baszlin,” the Skakdi remarked casually over the sound of gunfire and shearing metal. He jerked his chin in Surdo’s direction. “Currently in the employ of that fellow over there, as a bodyguard. Is this a formal interview?”

OOC: @Krayzikk @Tarn

• Like 3

IC:

"Appreciate that, ma'am," The Sergeant said solemnly, without condescension. "Don't really like people getting hurt doin' my job, though. Appreciate it if you could make your back to the back of the carriage and proceed into the second passenger car where—"

A loud groaning, creaking sound drew his ear. The Toa's head snapped towards the rear of the train. The Sentinels' presence was, most of the time, a safeguard against disaster. Or at least a first response to it. When he trained for this assignment the boss arranged for a demonstration of most of the many, many things that could go wrong and none of them were good. Not when you could hear them from the outside.

"Sorry, miss, bigger fish. Your grip will hold for a couple minutes." The Sergeant crouched, a coiled spring ready to go, and added. "Please expedite your trip inside, and keep yourself and the other passengers safe. We'll make it up to all of you. Somehow."

He pushed off, loosely oriented towards the rear of the Mahi, and let physics take over. Stuck to the train, identical speed. In the air? Wind resistance slowed him faster than the train. A little magnetic repulsion to keep him off the surface, reverse the charge, and— He landed nimbly at the rear of the second passenger car, stuck easily to its surface on three points. Low and controlled. Whatever was going wrong down here, it was probably between these cars.

So poke it with a stick.

A dagger off his belt, flipped once in the hand, and tossed underhand down into the gap between the cars. See what happened.

@Vezok's Friend@oncertainty

"No, no, of course not! No." The Lesterin smiled shakily, sheepishly. "Does... Does that pay well? Being a bodyguard?"

@Perp

The sound she made, yanked off her feet, was perhaps less the rough and tumble Sentinel and more like... She wouldn't call it a squeak. Certainly not. But it might have sounded kind of started, followed by a little nausea as gravity suddenly changed. Not nearly enough to keep her from activating her mask and avoiding a meeting with the roof, though the Hau still had to do business with physics; she let out a little oof when her acceleration stopped suddenly.

"Well, color me shocked." She hissed with the smell of ozone in the air. Karmine might— might— have had a split second to spy the copper inside the chain before the whole length became electrified. It didn't even have to be directed; the enemy Toa was the fastest, most efficient path to the ground. Not enough voltage to kill— she was a Sentinel, and a Toa at that— but more than enough to leave him a scorched, convulsing mess on the engine room floor.

@Tarn@Morgan Yu

The two stowaways, emerging from their hiding place, found themselves in a cargo car. Enormous shock. Rows of crates, stacked in an orderly fashion on racks if they were small and on the floor otherwise. Labeled, tied down, and secured for the trip. If they could see that far— no one was anticipated to be in the cargo hold on a regular sort of basis, and no one wanted to be easy to rob. There were no windows, only regularly spaced lights high on the walls to illuminate the space. They cast long, irregular shadows between the crates and pallets.

They were also, for the moment, alone.

@~Xemnas~@BULiK

• Like 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Surdo - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

Surdo peeked over the seat at his Skakdi companion and the Lesterin woman he was conversing with, ignoring the fight happening behind him for a moment.

Baz! What are you two talking about over there?”

He felt around the floor for his cane, optics still mostly on Baszlin. “These people are not our acquaintances, don’t just—” he flinched at a terrible noise, “—start giving her information! Are you listening?!”

IC: Datrox Karvan - Po-Wahi - The Iron Mahi

“Right,” Datrox replied. The itch had now spread through his entire arm, and he could feel his fingers move independently of eachother, impatiently grasping at air.

“Wouldn’t want that.”

A creak of metal, no doubt something the heisters were doing, gave Datrox what he hoped would be enough distraction to quickly launch his lightly-armored form past the Vortixx and over the seats next to him (a move that would have probably looked familiar to Minnorak, albeit with less effort), before leaping back into the aisle just behind him. Datrox was now in the next car proper. 

“You know, this isn’t the first time I’ve been on a train and this has happened. Funny, right?”

His sword arm was finally satisfied as he drew his weapon, although he hadn’t taken on a combat stance just yet. He had to let the Vortixx make the first move, but first..

“You got a name?”

OOC: @BULiK@Perp@Morgan Yu@oncertainty@Vezok's Friend@Nato G

• Like 5

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Minnorak - The Iron Mahi (First Passenger Car)

"Enforcer," was the only name he offered as he spun to face the Toa. 

He noted the sword now in the Ta-Toa's hand, a black blade that appeared almost as large and unwieldy in the cluttered confines of the train carriage as Minnorak's own halberd was going to be. This wasn't likely to be a particularly graceful fight on either of their parts. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, gesturing with his weapon towards the other passengers scattered around the carriage, "I meant what I said before. No one needs to get hurt." 

The question was as much a stalling tactic as a genuine attempt to dissuade his opponent. Minnorak had the advantage of patience. It didn't matter to him how quickly battle was joined, or how swiftly it was resolved. But every second he spent wasting this Toa's time was a second the firespitter wasn't causing problems for the real heist.

@Tarn

• Like 2

IC: Karmine Madoc - Shocking, ain’t it?

That smell…

I’m clutching at my dead comrade‘s corpse, plucking at a rusty coin stuck in the centre of her forehead. Her charred cadaver stinks, the blue and white of her body smudged with red and black. Great Spirit, how long has she been laid like this?

The trauma wakes you up like saltwater in the face. You feel the blood on your tongue boil as you loosen gravity on yourself enough to float upward just enough to get off the ground - but you still feel your skin begin to fry like Mahi steak. The pain is delicious, colours burst into your head and your ears scream at you like some ****** up opera. Of course, in your gorgeous agony you’re unable to keep focus on keeping the Sentinel up, and the force pulling her up is now gone, violently.

Keep yourself awake just a bit longer, mate.

OOC: @Krayzikk @Perp @Tarn

Edited by Morgan Yu
  • Like 5

“Mmmm, not really. I’m doing it for a favor. The company’s been appreciated, though. That, and a couple of decent meals for once. Not so bad when you don’t have rabid junki-”

At once, the metallic screeching emanating from the aft end of the train began to intensify, sending shudders down the line of cars. It was a struggle to hear Surdo over the din. Baszlin’s head swiveled in the Matoran’s direction, but it made little difference. He simply saw Surdo’s hands clamped over his ears, mouth moving.

“What’s that?!” he shouted over the noise. “Want me to tell them to quiet it down?”

He spun around without waiting for a reply, heading towards his charge. However, he passed him by, sticking his head through the open doorway of the engine car where there was a ruckus between a Toa and the psycho from earlier. They’d gotten into some sort of fracas, and it was clearly disturbing the peace. The compartment emanated with the sounds of sizzling flesh and electrical discharge. People were floating around and zapping each other with electricity. Total chaos. It was up to Baszlin to sort it out.

Player 2 has entered the game.

Hey! Could you keep it down?! We can’t hear ourselves think! Thank you.

His deed done, Baszlin turned back towards the passenger car.

Player 2 has left the game.

“Now, where were we…?” he muttered as he approached the Lesterin once again.

OOC: @Morgan Yu @Krayzikk @Tarn

• Like 7

IC Kanohi - Po-Wahi - Forsi

It was hard to see beneath his many masks, but Kanohi was also a bit overwhelmed by the changes to Po-Wahi. He had vaguely been aware that Po-Koro had built more settlements and their technology had advanced greatly since he had been this far north, but the changes were still shocking.

Ga-Matoran and Po-Matoran wandered the streets, stopping among the many stalls. Forsi had apparently started out as a military fort, likely part of the former Akiri Hewkii’s imperialism. After tensions between the villages of Stone and Water cooled, the fort expanded into a trade hub, allowing the two peoples to exchange goods to each other. The city indeed had a bit of a Ga-Matoran influence, there were aspects of the architecture that recalled Ga-Koro. It was a meddling of cultures.

Kanohi kept close to Hakari as they emerged from the ferry. He would soon have to say goodbye to the Lesterin, their ways were diverging. They had known each other only a short time, but it had been good. And it had been good to travel with others again. And though she and Lapu put him on the path to reencounter his old companions, he did not want to abandon them quite yet. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Snelly  @Rahisaurus @~Xemnas~@Lady Takanuva @Tarn @BULiK @Umbraline Yumiwa @Mel 

IC Kardaka - Po-Wahi - Ostia

The Turaga of Stone had wandered a long time through sandstorms and the beating sun. But eventually she had gotten lucky. She had caught sight of a glint of metal, rediscovering the tracks of the Iron Mahi. She had followed them until at last she had spotted a metal structuring towering above the horizon.

Kardaka had found herself at the top of a cliff overlooking the endless ocean. Rows of buildings were carved into the cliff side stacked on top of each other, and industrial elevators linked each layer of structures. She had not left Po-Koro much, but she suspected this was Ostia. And that meant the tower was the radio station, one of the many new inventions that had emerged after the defeat of the Makuta.

It was strange that this was not named a Koro. Maybe that was a part of the Matoran losing their way. This settlement after all had been the result of Akiri Hewkii fortifying Po-Wahi, building new villages to strength the nation of Stone. 

But even with her unease, Kardaka’s optics blinked frantically. If she was capable of shedding a tear, she might be crying. It had been so long since she had seen other Matoran, heard the hustle and bustle of people. It was awe inspiring, returning from the emptiness of the desert to the city.

Swallowing, she began to ride the lifts, descending into the city. First she needed to learn what had transpired since her voluntary exile. If Akiri Hewkii had gotten even crueler, and if the unity of the Matoran had disintegrated further.

Ah, the ports,” she winced at her own voice, it rumbled like gravel. It had been so long since she had needed to speak, her vocal processor had grown stiff and lost its lubrication. And the roughness, it alienated her. She swallowed, leaning on her staff, before continuing to descend the city to the ports. She still needed news, and ports might mean travelers from other villages. She might learn a lot of what she missed.

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Quoribay [Iron Mahi, Cargo Car #?]

Having stowed away in cargo, naturally, we found ourselves to be in one of the cargo cars. But which? Obviously not the one with the ussal-less-carriage we were after, but we needed to find a way there so it was ready to unload once Dolbren made his way back here. And deal with any lingering threats along the way.

For now though, the coast (aside from the ghost) was clear.

To each side of the car was a door. Within that door was a window. Pretty easy to tell that to either side of us was another cargo car, but with the glare and how dim the insides of these cargo cars were, I couldn't tell which one was the prize. Or which way was the front of the train - until there was that loud creaking of metal to my left.

Dolby was at work cooking up some chicanery.

So that unintentional-but-definitely-intentional signal told me that the car on my left side was towards the front of the train (car number three out of five for any of you folks counting along at home) and the one to my right was the last car. Given the guards were distracted by the... uh... distraction that Surdo had choreographed, it was probably best to check that one first, right? WRONG!

Now, rule number one of running a heist is to never fully trust your crew, especially if you plan on double crossing them. Skrol had successfully not ####ed me over so far, but who's to say the blind ####### wasn't just lucky? If the guards hadn't moved up front due to the whole hostage situation, they sure as Karz would want to check out why the train was screaming and being split in half.

With a whispered "shh!" I tugged Skrol's shoulder to tell him to follow me, and then ducked behind another of the large crates on the floor. Luckily I didn't forget to put the lid back on over our old crate in the process. We would listen in case a guard ran past out of the caboose.

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Krayzikk@a goose

Edited by BULiK
oncertainty had a sound effect so nice I had to include it twice
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Dolbren - Iron Mahi, Continuing Chicanery

Dolbren, perched on the rapidly deteriorating train coupling, was low to the ground and lucky for it. If he had been standing upright, the dagger might have hit his torso and caused some real damage. Had his eyes been open, the lazy, plummeting arc it took could have been dodged with little effort. But, again, his eyes were closed and his focus was entirely occupied.

That focus collapsed when the dagger, hurtling downward, struck a glancing blow on his left arm and opened a slash down its side. He tensed, letting go of the pin and losing his balance, and subsequently slipped off of the now sharply-bent coupling to one side. His left hand, clutching the railing above him, did not falter.

He gave a grunt of pain, incited by the dagger and by slamming against the body of the train, and expelled air through gritted teeth. He had, briefly, been sloppy; his unseen opponent getting a freebie was only fair. It wouldn't happen again. The Sentinels, obviously more with-it than they had expected, were playing the game well. They had obviously moved forward from the cargo section on the outside of the train. That was clever. He could assume that they already had a sitrep, knew where everyone was—except, hopefully, Quoribay and Skrol—and had assigned teams to deal with each of the heist groups. Based on the fact that the cargo section hadn't begun braking, he could also assume that despite the fireworks he hadn't fully severed the coupling. If he had, the hydraulic cables which kept the brakes on the cars open would have been severed too. That could be dealt with easily enough, so long as doing so wasn't going to leave him open to another attack.

He simply needed more information. Modulating the force of his own gravity, or that of something with which he was in direct contact, was the most trivial application of his power. At a thought, he was light enough that holding himself by one arm was no strain at all. He swung himself about to the side of the train, and held on there. Laying flat against the body of the passenger car, he peered just over the edge to the space between. He felt blood on his forearm, and smiled. Let the Sentinel come, if they dared.

OOC: @Krayzikk

• Like 4

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Blackrock Canyon)

He snapped out of it. "Oh. Yes, go ahead. I will... return to the surface."

Without providing any explanation, he turned around and went back the way he had just come, climbing the stairs with slow but heavy steps. Once he emerged back to the bright surface, he stood silently and looked at the ruins of the fortress.

Despite all the destruction, some traces of the Brotherhood, unfortunately the worst ones, still remained. While he had previously believed that Ak'rei'an would help him find what he wanted here, now his faith was shaken. 

He had repeatedly told himself that his religious enlightenment had not happened as a result of the "Conversion", instead being a result of him learning about Ak'rei'an's past and the abilities He granted to his followers. Mata Nui was a dormant, absent deity, while he had been presented with proof of Ak'rei'an's presence. But if the proof was so convincing, why had the "Conversion" been necessary in the first place?

He wanted nothing more at that moment than to leave the place, to forget everything about the Brotherhood and move on, starting a new chapter in the history of Ak'rei'an's faith. But for that, he needed the ability to present proof, like his converters had done. That's why he had come here, to be able to...

Yet if he was a true believer in Ak'rei'an, did he need a guide or a book? If Ak'rei'an truly was able to grant such a gift to His most faithful followers, then surely all he had to do was to prove his faith in Him?

He remained unmoving like a statue and waited for Joskander to return.

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

She watched the Toa leave, quite literally gone with the wind to track down a weird noise, then she lowered herself back down to the train roof and rolled onto her back, laid down with arms spread wide, breathing heavily. She’d managed to do what she meant to, she’d found someone who could help. Without the adrenaline rush, the exertion of the past minutes instantly caught up with her. Everything ached. At least the wind tugging at her poncho was somewhat comforting under the circumstances. She squinted up at the sun overhead, burning angrily. 

What even is my life…

Despite wanting to, she couldn’t stay up there forever. Datrox was probably wondering what happened to her. And the sentinel had asked her to go back down into the train too. So she had to figure out a way to get off the roof again. Initially she wanted to go to the engine, but that was at the far end and against the wind for her. So she decided to go back to the junction between the first and second carriage. They weren’t designed for people climbing all over them, but maintenance did require the occasional trip topside, so there were a few handles here and there for use by those with the proper know-how. 

Kohra wasn’t one of them, so it took her a bit to scout out the best route back down. She considered asking the sentinel for assistance, but he was standing on the roof of the second car, so an entire wagon down from her, she couldn’t tell what he was focused on, but he was clearly focused on something else.

It was as she swung over the edge to lower herself down to the first set of handles, that her angle of view widened enough that she noticed the broad-shouldered nonsense talking Toa from before clinging to the outside of the second car’s far end from her position. Not a good place to be, she’d just learned that lesson. She had assumed he was with the mercs based on his interference, but she had been forced outside the train against her will and she couldn’t imagine he was doing it for fun either. She still figured him as a merc, but she also didn’t want to see anyone fall to their death from a train. So she called out to him, hoping he could hear her:

“Hey! You alright?”

OOC: @Krayzikk @oncertainty

• Like 3

On 2/23/2023 at 3:10 PM, Emzee said:

“What in Mangaia is a ‘Zakaz’?”

IC (Lohkar) [The Dancing Crab, Ostia]

"Nastiest shitheap on the Endless Ocean," Lohkar replied, then glanced to the hulking form of Frii'Glokk with a not-particularly-apologetic smile. "No offence." Back to Tailua. "Home o' the spiny bugg— ahem, the delightful Skakdi people. But more importantly, it's a place teemin' with opportunity for people like you an' me. If you're wonderin' why you've never heard of it, well...let's just say memory's a funny thing, eh?"

OOC: @Emzee@BULiK @Void Emissary

• Like 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi's Second Passenger Compartment

Our compartment emptied quickly, and I was soon the only conscious body inside. Nikarra's prone form lay slumped in its chair -- her chair, I supposed, even though her soul was projected from it -- while she scouted out the situation aboard the train. Until then, it was my responsibility to safeguard her body. With no one to be alarmed by it, I reached up to grip the hilt of my sword. Stepping into the aisle, I glanced towards the front door of our passenger compartment; but, situated as Nikarra's seat had been in the middle of the compartment, I could only see the back of a Vortixx man in the next compartment up. I turned to inspect the back door, and saw nothing untoward, and certainly nothing that would have explained the terrible metallic screech that had come from there.

But that had not been the only sound to be heard: there was the tinny reverb of a gunshot near the front of the train, and the impact of a body hitting the roof (I knew, of course, that it was a body for the uneven ra-ta-ta of different appendages hitting metal at fractionally different speeds). Whoever's body it was had made their way to the back of the carriage, and had evidently stayed on the roof.

Front or back, then, was the question posed to me. Gunshot or skulker -- a definite threat at some distance, or an unknown variable right on my head?

I drew my longsword from its sheathe. I crept across the worn carpeting of the aisle, glancing backwards every few steps to ensure that Nikarra remained undisturbed, until I arrived underneath where I presumed the roof-wise interloper remained. I slid the thumb of my right hand up and over the guard of my sword until it brushed metal, and at my urging the steel blade drank in the dry desert air until it seemed to glow red with heat -- pointed, as it was, up to the ceiling and, as best I hoped, towards the private parts of whoever was skulking so close to me and Nikarra.

There I remained, ready to strike at the first sign of action.

OOC: @Krayzikk@a goose@oncertainty Vyartha stationing herself at the rear of the second passenger compartment, hypothetically underneath Sergeant Nota, basically holding her action to attack once something happens.

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

On 2/25/2023 at 10:53 AM, Ghosthands said:

"If you're wonderin' why you've never heard of it, well...let's just say memory's a funny thing, eh?"

IC: Tailua — Ostia, The Dancing Crab

The Toa of Fire leaned back in his seat, gobsmacked. For the majority of Tailua’s life (as much as he could remember, anyway), one of Mata Nui’s greatest mysteries was the origin of the grinning, spiny beings known as the Skakdi. They, along with Lesterin, Vortixx, and Mata-Nui-knows how many other species, were always left out of the legends of the Bionicle (a.k.a., the legend of Mata Nui and his downfall at the hands of the Makuta). It was said that these other beings were summoned to Mata Nui by his shadowy brother after the fall of the First Toa — a fact that was somewhat recalled by Tailua’s early memories as a Ta-Matoran lava farmer.

No one had ever mentioned where the Skakdi had come from, and now this Lesterin somehow magically recalled it recently.

“Memory sure is a funny thing,” Tailua echoed, more grounded now that he was able to process this new fact about his world.

“I’ll be honest with ya, Captain. I was once an adventurin’ type — a looong time ago. I actually even buh-lieved in heroics,” said Tailua, “But not anymore. You’re given some hyped-up speech about destiny, and then the dude joins the Makuta and does this to ya”

Tailua then (irresponsibly — take gun safety seriously, folks!) raised his gun arm for emphasis and pointed it to the sky. He used his left hand to point at where his limb once was.

“Heroics are a lie on this land. I know that even more now, with these rumors I heard on my way to Ostia. So **** it. Let the Makuta take this land, and we’ll make a new life on this ‘Zakaz’ place you suddenly remembered”

OOC: @Ghosthands @BULiK @Void Emissary

• Like 2

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Joskander (Blackrock Canyon)

It was not long before Joskander trudged his way back up the stairs, but there was eternity in his eyes as he stepped back out into the sunlight.  His moved as if his armor was twice as heavy and half as articulated as it had been but a few minutes before, and he was clutching the stone tablet in his hand hard enough to dig marks into its weathered surface.

"I think you were almost right," he muttered as he approached Dahkapa.  "Saw a few marks on the ground that gave me the impression there used to be bookcases there- or some kind of shelving, at least.  Nothing anymore, though."  He regarded the tablet he had looted as one would a bloodied knife.  "This was the only thing I could find that had writing on it.  It doesn't look like scripture, though.  More like an instruction manual.  For..."  His eye twitched.  "I don't wanna say it.  I think you got a pretty good idea, though."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander Wasn't sure what you were hoping Joskander would find down there, if anything, so I picked something I felt would be relevant.  If you were fishing for something else for him to find, do let me know!

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

GM IC:

"oop!"

Gravity reasserting itself is never fun. Sentinel training included, at least once, experiencing what it's like to have gravity messed with. One of the most fundamental forces in the world, and a small but significant number of people could mess around with it. It's disorienting, it's nauseating, it just plain sucks. When it comes back you wind up smacked onto the floor. Which is exactly what happened.

There wasn't much time for the Hau, and it wouldn't have helped. She hit the deck, catching herself on her other forearm to avoid breaking her nose on the floor. 

Hey! Could you keep it down?! We can’t hear ourselves think! Thank you.

"You're welcome," She grumbled instinctively— before realizing she was being thanked by one of the troublemakers. Nui, that wasn't a great look. "Ugh."

Karmine got a reprieve for the moment. The whole car was metal, avoiding shocking the wrong person was easy when all the lightning needed was a little nudge. With him in the air it crackled dangerously between his feet and the surface— probably inflicting tissue damage on said soles, electricity was rough— but it slowed and abated. The Toa was still essentially tethered by the chain now partially melted onto his arm.

"Sir, this is your final warning." She snarled. "I have no desire to kill you. But the next shock'll be for effect."

@Morgan Yu@Tarn

Yup, someone was definitely down there. The grunt followed by an impact spoke to that. However... Nota reached out with his element, searching for the telltale magnetic affinity found on the gear used everywhere on the island. Inside of the space between cars it should have been easy to spot. But it wasn't, and that meant his quarry was no longer in that space. The Mahi's metal skin made it possible for him to traverse it, but it also made those traces of affinity much harder to spot. Consciously or not he'd been camouflaged.

So he was forced to resort to his brain.

He didn't see him move back to the next car, or fall off. Both would have been visible. He'd have heard if he opened the entrance to the car below. So he clung, in some manner, to one of the three sides of the car adjacent. Ahead, by the door, or to the left or right. Figuring that out got a lot easier when the Vortixx— Kohra— shouted a question. He could see where she was looking.

So the Sergeant lowered himself down, magnetizing his hands as well as his feet to the surface, and crept slowly towards the edge. Stay low, assess, then act.

@Void Emissary@oncertainty@Vezok's Friend

"You're committing a felony as a favor?" The Lesterin looked confused, troubled. She lowered her voice conspiratorially when the Skakdi came back, shooting worried looks towards the engine. "Baz, that crazy Toa's trying to kill people."

@Perp

• Like 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Karmine Madoc - In Combat (Iron Mahi Engine Room)

She hits the ground long enough for the lightning to ease itself. Every muscle in your body is writhing and moaning at you, but your attention is entirely on the downed Sentinel, as your hand drifts down to unsheathe one of your swords yet again, raising it in your tingly palm. You roll your jaw - and smack yourself with your free hand. 

And then you bring the weapon down on the tether, eyes flashing gleefully. With your enhanced strength gained by your favoured mask... mixed with the adrenaline, you don't imagine it'll stand strong.

Edited by Morgan Yu
  • Like 1

IC: Vyartha | The Iron Mahi's Second Passenger Compartment

For a moment, there was nothing.

And then, suddenly: the soft ting of contact of the roof, the subtle groaning of weight on a new piece of metal. Another and another, moving towards the edge of the carriage. I knew, then, that whoever was above was on the move once again. My blade didn't waver, merely followed the sound of movement. Had this interloper heard the soft padding of my footsteps all the way out there and was changing their trajectory? No, no, that couldn't have been it: I've been on carriages where I could barely hear myself think. To be outside of something moving this fast would nearly be debilitating.

But then-- what were they after?

OOC: @Krayzikk@oncertainty@a goose

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sir Dahkapa (Blackrock Canyon)

At first, he didn't seem to react to Joskander's presence. After a brief, awkward silence, he turned around and looked at what Joskander had brought with some barely visible disdain.

"I have no need for it. But you can keep it and even use it as evidence for the Brotherhood's actions, if you wish. I have no ties to them anymore."

He took a deep breath, then slowly let it out. "Joskander, I feel like I have been too secretive. Perhaps it is time I explain what I was looking for, now that the search appears to have been in vain. I wanted to learn the secrets of life and death, which allow the sacred act of resurrection that only Ak'rei'an's priests and highest ranking members know. This way I could prove to you, and to everyone else, that Ak'rei'an's powers, his gracious gifts, are very real. Without this ability, I doubt anyone can be convinced to embrace His light."

"But... I also wanted to acquire the power to resurrect a friend of mine who perished in the battle of Ko-Koro. Perhaps that would have been selfish, yet I had made a promise to him, and I still wish to fulfill it."

He glanced at the ruins, then back at him. "Even though it's unlikely we'll find anything here, I haven't abandoned hope." Usually he appeared completely emotionless, but now all of a sudden his mouth was twisted into an uncanny, almost fanatical smile. "I believe that if I prove my faith in Him, Ak'rei'an will grant me the power of resurrection. All I must do, is provide a worthy enough sacrifice..."

OOC: @Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Dolbren - Clinging to the side of the Second Passenger Car

Dolbren, now in the realm of raging winds, apprehended what he could of the voice that rushed past him.

". . . ey! . . . ou al . . . ight?"

He looked towards the source of the noise, craning his neck in the direction that would be downwards, were he standing on level ground. As it was, he was clinging closely to the side of the train, stretched out almost parallel to the ground. The yeller was the Vortixx; somehow she had ended up outside the train too. That did go some way to explaining the rush to the windows in the first passenger car. And yet, she lived yet. Tougher than she looked. Or, perhaps, you had to be tough to look like that for long.

The real question, of course, was what was she doing now? If the concern was genuine, it was almost touching. He had seen such attempts to reach out by people in difficult situations many times. They hoped it would protect them, if they appealed to the better nature of their foes. Dolbren did his job: empathy was nice, but he had to do what he had to do. Not like he was actively menacing the Vortixx, though. His job right now had nothing to do with hurting anyone, and she had no reason to believe otherwise.

The other option was that she was working with the Sentinel(s?). She wasn't the one who threw the dagger, too far away for that. But, if he could hear what she had said, they could too. That meant he had seconds to react before they knew exactly where he was.

Still, no need to be rude. He shook his head slightly back and forth; then he stuck one hand out, palm towards the ground, and rotated it at the wrist. Universal gesture of 'could be better.' It was the truth.

Still light enough to raise himself up by one arm, he swung his legs out beneath him. His momentum carrying him towards the back of the train, he let go. Once again he thanked his Calix, as flew in a short arc and caught on to the front edge of the first cargo car. Then, he began to raise himself onto the roof.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Krayzikk @Void Emissary

• Like 3

IC: Joskander (Blackrock Canyon)

Joskander stared.

The gears in his head were groaning.  Speeding up?  Slowing down?  Who knew?  He was always bad at metaphors, and he had better things to worry about than figuring this one out.

Chief among those better things, of course, was the fact that he was presently attempting to slam the Brotherhood's instruction tablet directly into Dahkapa's crazy smiling face.

After spending the entire trip as a paranoid wreck, it was almost liberating to finally do something incredibly stupid and poorly thought-out again.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander 

• Upvote 1