BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

On 6/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, Snelly said:

IC: ???? - Somewhere in the desert -

Life has a funny way of working out, sometimes in ways you don't expect. Two matoran brothers had lost their way in the Motara Desert, a sandstorm had caused them to lose sight of the road, and they weren't entirely sure where they were anymore. Thankfully their wagon provided them shade, pulled by two Mahi. However, they were rapidly running out of water, and forget food. The Mahi had begun to slow as well, and once they collapsed it would be over.

Luck had finally turned around for them, however. In the distance they saw a tall figure, he had a massive shield and sword, and wore impressive armor that covered his even more impressive muscles. It was a Toa! They were saved! 

At least that's what they thought as they ran up to him, till the Toa turned around, revealing his infected Kanohi. 

"Ah..." The Toa spoke, looking at the two, petrified Matoran. "...do not be alarmed, for a bring great tidings. The Dark Lord, Makuta...has returned!" 

They ran as fast as they could back towards the cart. Lapo was always faster, and was a meter head of Lepu...till a stone spike rose from the earth and skewered him anyway. 

Lepu screamed, his brother's blood splattered against his mask. Lapo was dead...just like that. 

"It's rude to walk away when someone is talking to you..." Lepu spun around, he couldn't control his breathing as he fell backwards, looking at the Toa in absolute terror. "...there is no reason to be afraid. Your brother has been taken by the Great Spirit, to slumber with him till his time to awaken comes." 

"Y-You're not well, that mask...Makuta controls you!" Lepu barely managed to get the words out without screaming them. 

"Oh this?" The Toa reached for his mask, before he ripped it off his face. "I wear this mask, blessed by the Dark Lord, to show my absolute devotion to him. My Lord may control me anytime he wishes, but I follow him quite willingly." He placed the mask back on his face, looking almost euphoric while doing so.

Lepu couldn't understand, how could he willingly... "Why!? Why did you kill my brother!? Why do any of this!?" 

The Toa started to laugh, "I killed him to send a message of course." He smiled, it wasn't a wicked smile, he seemed to be full of joy. "Much like your Stannis Maru, I am a prophet. We merely follow different Great Spirits. Though I serve the Dark Lord with all my heart, know that I have nothing but respect for his slumbering brother, the Great Spirit Mata Nui. Makuta and Mata Nui may have their quarrels, but they are brothers. They are two sides of the same coin, darkness and light, the sun and the moon...don't you see?"

This Toa was clearly mad, this much Lepu understood. "Are you going to kill me too? Like my brother?" Lepu was afraid, but he wasn't sure how he could go on without his brother either...maybe this was for the best. 

The Toa shook his head. "No, death does not call for you this day." He explained. "Your purpose is to live, live on and tell everyone what happened here today. That I...Drakkar Brack, prophet of the Dark Lord, murdered your brother, so that his blood may pave the way to enlightenment! The time of darkness has come, and the champions of Mata Nui must come to stop me! It's the only way the cycle can continue, don't you understand!?"

Lepu shook his head, this Toa was utterly mad. The Toa frowned. "Well, you will understand soon enough. You all will. Now go."  The Toa pointed towards a path...Lepu recognized it, it headed towards Po-koro!

Lepu started to run, he didn't look back, not at the mad Toa, his brother, or the cart. He didn't stop, not until he reached the gates of Po-koro themselves...where he finally collapsed. 

IC: - Po-koro Gates -

News of Lapo's death had most certainly spread throughout Po-koro. Lepu had recovered and frantically told the Sentinels about the mad Toa with the infected mask that had attacked them in the desert. Of course they took him seriously, especially since his brother remained missing. Though there was no sign of the dark Toa or his victim. 

Interestingly enough, Lepu had ended up recovering in a hospital with a decent view of the gates, and every morning he would gaze out towards the desert, looking through the window as he thought of that dreaded day, he'd watch merchants, adventures, and other travelers come and go through the gates, it was peaceful. 

One fateful morning, a familiar wagon slowly wheeled it's way towards the koro ever so slowly. Lepu thought his mind was playing tricks on him but as it got closer his body began to shake. Tied to the wagon was the corpse of his dear brother, written on his chest were the bloody words, courtesy of Drakkar Brack, Prophet of Makuta.

Lepu screamed. 

OOC: Drakkar Brack to Le-Wahi 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Gunner | The Dancing Crab

I never could abide by smoking. Maybe it was a race thing, an air elemental's predilection, but the smell of tobacco always set my teeth on edge. So, glancing over to the newcomer -- a mountain of a man, and about as dirt-covered as one to boot -- and flicked a finger through the air, conjuring up a breeze to keep the stench away from me and my new, armoured friend. You would scold me for it, but I can't say that the motion was particularly subtle.

"Can't say that I recall doing so, no," I replied, leaning back in my chair so as to get a better look at this fellow. By Spirit, he was big'un, rivalling even Blue-Eyes across from me, with a mask that looked like someone had commissioned Karzanhi himself to forge a Kadin, two great horns bursting forth from it. His poncho and pants might have, at one point, been white, but that was mere wishful thinking at this point. But he seemed unarmed, which is always a general surprise on this island, and a particular surprise in a place like the Dancing Crab. The only other thing he was holding, apart from that ###### cigarette, was a scrap of paper whose contents I suspected I had already seen.

"But while you're here, can we help you with anything?" I continued, glancing over at Blue-Eyes to see those peepers eyeing the newcomer up-and-down as well -- at least he could even the odds if ###### went south.

OOC: @Johnny Blocksville @BULiK

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Solan IudexIntroduction at the 'Dancing Crab'

And so, he scratched his scratchy chin, trying to think up why he might have walked up to the two gentlemen, before puffing out another gust of smoke, which floated back to him thanks to Gunner's influence over the wind - not that he really seemed to notice. 

"Either of you got any widges on ya? Need to catch the next train...think I got a strokeheat. Heatstroke. Karz flyin' back like this." Without asking, he pulled a seat nearby to sit by the two of them, perched reverse with his arms folded and leaning on the back of the chair. "Or a boat. Whichever's quickest to Ga."

OOC: @Void Emissary @BULiK

Perhaps I had misjudged this man -- the tattered paper between his fingers and the cavalier way he had approached us earlier, I had assumed that he had come looking for work on the 'Vika. Turns out that he just needed a lift out of town. I idly remembered hearing word that the Fowadi was in Ostia, and for a moment I considered pointing him over in their direction and making him their problem. The way that I figured it, they owed us for saving their ###### in Ko-Koro all those months back. But, blast me for it, I wasn't about to go hypocritical on myself just then -- not after giving the rest of the crew my whole song and dance about not making things harder for the folks like us left. 

For one thing, Yasurek would never let me hear the end of it.

"What you headed to Ga for, you mind me asking?" I said to him.

OOC: @Johnny Blocksville@BULiK

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Solan Iudex - Introduction at the 'Dancing Crab'

"Women." 

He chortled to himself, coughing in the process loudly. Several people turned to stare for a moment.

"Nah, I dunno. Too hot here. Maybe the Marines'll take me. Sentinels told me to karz off." Gunner would probably have gotten the feeling even he wasn't sure why he was going to Ga-Wahi. "I was a bloody legend. They should be karzin' ashamed!" 

The Toa scratched his head, snorting in the process.

"Want a ciggie?" He looked to Gunner and the Skakdi, producing an ashy cardboard pack from the apparent void beneath his poncho.

OOC: @BULiK@Void Emissary

• Like 1

I raised my hand quickly to signal that I was fine without -- as well as blowing away whatever he was coughing up.

"Legend, you say?" I replied, trying to feel out who the Karz this guy was. Widgets to walnuts, this guy was one mask short of a Suva and anything he said would need to be taken with a heavy shake of salt. But between the Marines and the Sentinels, and his landing in Ostia... the fellow was of sailing stock. And, as Lohkar's recruitment campaign was evidence of, we could use all the sailors we could find, Spirit save us all.

"What's your name, friend?" I replied, glancing over to Blue-Eyes across from me as well. "'haps I've heard of you."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Solan IudexIntroduction at the 'Dancing Crab'

"Huh?"

He frowned. 

"I'd figure a lad of your stature would recognise the God Warrior when you see 'em, Tiribomba." The Toa finally stubbed the cigarette out on his knee, tossing it aside a surprisingly fair distance. The leathery back of his hand wiped across his face as he sniffed the air. "Everyone's... got a bloody short term memory these days, hmph. But Solan Iudex lives. Even if they all forgot."

Hazy blue irises bored into the wall past both the two boatmen. Was he contemplating, or just spaced out? As was usually the case with Solan, it was a bit of both.

OOC: @Void Emissary@BULiK

• Like 1

IC: Gunner ! The Dancing Crab

I could feel my brow furrowing despite myself. Tiribomba certainly wasn't my name, unless I happened to look a lot like some other poor fool that this man had met previously in life. I knew that some folks claimed that it translated to jungle leaf, which was possibly a reference to my race, the connotations of which I frankly didn't have time to get into right now. More concerning was the reference to himself as the God Warrior.

And his surname, Iudex, if a childhood of fancy tutors in dead languages was doing me any good... that meant the judge.

"I'm afraid you've got me mixed up with someone else, Mr. Iudex," I said, friendly and casual, "but my name's Gunner. So perhaps you could enlighten me as to what I've been missing."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Solan Iudex Introduction at the 'Dancing Crab'

He looked taken aback as Gunner stated his actual name.

"Gunner? The karz you let 'em call you that for?" The Toa scratched at a horn, before getting up out of his chair. "Ah, it doesn't matter none. Just would pummel a Skakdi to get some widgets. Not that I'm desperate or anything. A man's gotta earn." He looked oddly forlorn, putting an unlit cig behind one of his horns.

"That train crew, the Foe-woddy, I'm sure they'll appreciate a visit from a legend in his prime." Solan muttered, starting to move to leave somewhat rudely.

• Like 2

IC: Frii'Glokk [Ostia, The Dancing Crab]

Eyes narrowed. 'Pummel a Skakdi to get some widgets' - what did he mean by this?

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I gave Blue-Eyes a sidelong look, making sure that his blaster-arm was the same place that it was before Iudex's comment. Fortunately, while those eyes of his were pulled into a mean squint, he didn't seem like he was going to be making any move to attack anytime soon. That was good -- a loose-cannon in front of me was bad enough. One sitting next to me, too? I didn't like the odds on that, not one bit.

"You good at pummelling, then?" I prodded, leaning forward just a bit. "What sort of experience you got in the field? Any battles I might've heard of?"

OOC: @BULiK@Johnny Blocksville

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Solan Iudex 

Solan's expression stretched as if Gunner had asked him what cooked Mahi was. 

"Any ya mighta HEARD OF?! Why there was...you know, that time when...when that..." He stared for a moment, desperately trying to recall any such events besides the ones he really didn't want to tell either of the men in front of him about. "...Well, I mean, I sunk that Lesterin brigade off the coast of Ga that time. And Echelon, 'ad him for breakfast too."

It wasn't technically lying if you didn't know it was true or not.

"I'm not lyin'." He said, to affirm that point. "Just no work around here for warborn like me. Everyone's all "shoot this lad" or "break this guy's kneecaps". Nothing like a good war."

He paused, having glanced at the piece of parchment in his hands idly for a second.

"...Ah."

• Like 3

His pauses and stumbles didn't go by me without notice, and if I hadn't already had my doubts about his boasting, then I certainly did by then. Besides, although I had never personally met Echelon the Necromancer in the flesh, I knew for a fact that he had once led the charge that decimated the old Island Liberation Front way back when -- and the people there I had definitely known, and known well-enough to understand wouldn't have gone down without a Karz of a fight. The odds of one man going up against Echelon and beating him... well, it just didn't seem too likely.

Still, that didn't mean that Iudex couldn't scrap, and maybe even scrap with the best of them. And between the brave new world we were looking for, and Lash's little pet, we could use all the scrappers we could get our hands on. Plus, way that I figured it, if we didn't get another big guy to balance out Blue-Eyes on board, we were likely to flip the ship.

"Coast of Ga, you say?" I replied. "Sailing type, then? Funny that you ended up in this joint then, considering who's hiring. Ever work in privateering?"

OOC: @Johnny Blocksville @BULiK

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

"What, like piratin' and all that?"

He itched again at his prickly chin.

"I set a few on fire once. Two? Yeah."

Another cigarette lit itself, almost unconsciously in his hands, as he finally regarded the stoic Skakdi beside Gunner with a scowl. "What's your problem, slugcatcher?" 

OOC: @BULiK @Void Emissary

"Hopefully," I said, leaning my elbows onto the table in an attempt to interpose myself between these two man-mountains, "those were pirates that you were opposed to, and not ones that you were allied with, no?"

As much as Iudex was the kind of muscle we could use aboard the 'Vika, he was sporting enough red flags for the next hundred years of trips into the Drifts. The rest of the crew was already doubting my credibility after vouching for Lash and her Rahkshi -- if I brought this guy to them, talking the way he was now, they would all be within their rights to send me straight to the Nuju-Marion to get my skull examined. I just needed to keep him talking long enough to figure if he was either lying about all of his, er, eccentricities, or to work out a way to get him out of our business as fast as possible.

Preferably before Blue-Eyes took a shot at him, or vice-versa.

OOC: @BULiK@Johnny Blocksville

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

The Titan's look became solemn all of a sudden as he registered Gunner's question, answering with nothing but a nod, possibly his only action that day void of ambiguity.

His eyes drifted back to the Skakdi, carefully looking the metal mountain over. His calloused hands brought the smoke from his lips, dirty fingertips gently clutching the paper.

"It's been a minute since I been at sea." His glare slowly neutralising to the more empty-headed expression he carried around. "Not sure how long. But I've been around, ya know. Most ships won't take me now, karz, most anyone won't. Think they're above hiring someone who built their karzin' island."

A twitch below the eye, and a scratch behind a horn as he finally placed the parchment on the table, stubbing his smoke out next to it.

"I give up. This bloody handwriting makes Rahkshi look literate." He sighed. 

• Like 3

IC: Frii'Glokk [Ostia, The Dancing Crab]

With the way the Skakdi's armor rustled as his slouch straightened - recoiling defensively towards itself instead of broadening outwards - it could be deduced that this was the first time the Zakazian gladiator had held any worry in Gunner's presence.

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Suran - Ostia, approaching the Dancing Crab

The lone traveler stepped from the skiff that had carried him from Ga-Koro, and tossed a small pouch with the agreed-upon price to the ferrywoman. He tilted his bamboo hat over his eyes and squinted at the sun-kissed sandstone before him. Ostia was at the same time exactly his sort of place, and very far from it. The heat, for one, made him feel like he would turn into a bag of parched Ruki strips in a matter of minutes. And second, he ordinarily wouldn't care to be seen so openly in such a lawless corner of the island. But if his sources were to be believed, he wouldn't remain here long.

He rested a hand at the hilt of the blade held securely between two plates of armor at his side, and strode quietly through the dock district, making eye contact with none, though his eyes ceaselessly scanned the area. There, a poster with what he was looking for. Crew wanted. Sailing to lands unknown. Zakaz. Not his target, but not far either. It was his best shot.

He turned his head to a man hawking his wares nearby. No, too shrewd, by the look in his eyes. He would get no information without wasting money. He walked, sticking to the shade. A beggar. He, too, would require money. Ah, there. A matoran sharpening fishhooks. "The Dancing Crab," he said simply.

The Matoran looked up only long enough to get a look at the Lesterin asking questions, then pointed down a street. "Right turn, head straight 'til you see the sign."

"Much obliged." Tip of the hat, and he was off again. He stopped to buy himself a poncho on the way. The sun was really baking him in his own armor. Better dressed now, he ducked into the bar and immediately figured out who he was supposed to. Pirates tended not to be the least conspicuous customers.

Rather than announce himself, he simply walked up, removing his hat and hanging it off a corner of his armor, and giving the group a once-over. Another water Lesterin seemed to be their leader. He allowed himself a little smile at the coincidence. Seemed the recruiters were engaged with a Skakdi at the moment. He could wait.

OoC: A returning character from Season 1! Though to be fair, he did basically nothing back then, so who even remembers him? Even I barely do. Hopefully things will be more interesting this time. Anywho, @BULiK @Void Emissary

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord