BZPRPG - Westside Zakaz

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Camp @Snelly @Nato The Whisperer @Sparticus147 @Zeal

Jojax nearly jumped with excitement. "You got it boss!" She started running towards the simple ring in the ground where the members of the Tahtorak Encampment had been wrestling but suddenly turning around and heading back to talk to her companions. "Hey, would one of you be able to give me an introduction?" She said, leaning in closely, "I know this isn't a formal event but I'd greatly appreciate it."

• Like 3

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampent and maybe future Outpost

The posse leader limbered up with some dynamic stretches. "Think we should go all-out, or keep this a friendly match?" she asked Zanakra. "Or I guess I should ask how much hearing damage you're fine with in an underling," she 'clarified' with a grin in Jojax's direction.

• Like 4

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Zanakra - Tahtorak Encampment -

Zanakra shrugged indifferently. "As long as she can still hear my orders I don't care. Go all out if you wish." 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Smudge8

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sohmak - Spineless Bay, Tahtorak Encampment

The brawler sneered as Jojax's request. He'd seen dozens, hundreds maybe, eager to make a name for themselves in the pits; few so brazenly as the young wrestler.

"Word of advice, upstart," Sohmak growled in a low tone. "If you're having to ask for a ring introduction, you don't get one. You don't deserve one." He leaned in close, about pressing his forehead to Jojax's. "You ain’t earned it. Just like I'm sure you ain't earned that Bloody mask yet."

He turned to Zanakra, but stopped himself short of saying. "Put me in instead, boss. She ain’t ready," fighting down the urge to bash some heads. Best not to make too many waves so soon after being recruited. Instead he only nodded sagely, like some kind of Sarke-based advisor.

He still thought Jojax wasn't ready, but reckoned her ego could use knocking down a few pegs. If only the Spineless Slugger were as capable of introspection as he was with his fists.

OOC: @Snelly @Nato The Whisperer @Sparticus147 @Smudge8 @ARROW404

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 3

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: T'harrak - Tahtorak Encampment

T'harrak had almost zoned out of the conversation by this point, losing interest as soon as the topic of conversation turned to combat, but at Sohmak's words, she felt something snap inside her. She held no special affection for Jojax, but she appreciated her strength and skill as a warrior, and understood the role she played in the function of their Fort.

The same could not be said of their new recruit.

"I respect Jojax," she growled, whirling towards Sohmak, "I trust Jojax. You haven't earned that."

@Zeal @Smudge8

Edited by Nato The Whisperer
  • Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sohmak's own ego would be his undoing one day, and already he'd crept dangerously close to the threshold. Jojax's beef with the Sonic Striker had thrust his mindset back towards the cosiness of the clubhouse in Irnakk's tooth, where a fight was a fight and nothing more. Vicious words and more vicious blows were traded but everyone came out alive and, more often than not, on friendly terms.

But the clubhouse wasn't a fortress and, as T'harrak had promptly demonstrated, the dynamic was very different indeed. The dependibility of your clansmen could mean the difference between life and death. Big talk meant jack this far from the city, and Sohmak annihilating a rock hardly demonstrated any measure of trustworthiness. It seemed he was loathe to admit quite a few things out here, the latest being that T'harrak had a point.

Sohmak scowled like a scolded child, and got out of the wrestler's face. If Fortress Razorfish;Vaa was to present a united front to Gashril's encampment, he'd have to abandon his newly-fired blood feud with her. For now, at least. The fort should have a decent Sarke-circle, or he'd have to rethink his membership altogether.

He huffed in capitulation. "Go on then, Demon's Daughter." It was the most intro he was willing to offer Jojax presently. "Make 'em cry."

OOC: @Smudge8 @Nato The Whisperer

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampment

The Sonics-aligned Skakdi raised a brow at the exchange, but kept her thoughts to herself. Bravado and snark were commonplace. It seemed like the big guy was newer around the place though, and making a few waves, and possibly more rivalries. "Demon's Daughter, huh?" she said, gesturing, then walking toward the ring. "They call me the Shrill Blade," she said, drawing her namesake from its sheath. A single-edged falchion that fit her hand perfectly. The gleam of its blade was unusual, a luster brighter than steel, closer to platinum, and its surface was as reflective and polished as a mirror. Giving it a twirl in her left hand, she turned to face her opponent, her right arm, gauntlet plates clanking together, raised defensively. "I'm much not one for taunts. Just show me what you've got."

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Camp @Snelly @Nato The Whisperer @Sparticus147 @Zeal @ARROW404

Jojax sneered back at Sohmak, his words clearly hurt. But Gashril was alredy in a fighting stance. Needling the Spineless Slugger would have to wait. Jojax turned to face the Shrill Blade and took a crouching stance, like she was expecting to wrestle. "That's a shame, Taunting is half the fun!" She motioned Gashril to come closer. "Are you ready to get your face smashed into the dirt?"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, Smudge8 said:

Jojax sneered back at Sohmak, his words clearly hurt. But Gashril was alredy in a fighting stance. Needling the Spineless Slugger would have to wait. Jojax turned to face the Shrill Blade and took a crouching stance, like she was expecting to wrestle. "That's a shame, Taunting is half the fun!" She motioned Gashril to come closer. "Are you ready to get your face smashed into the dirt?"

IC: Gashril

"We'll see," she says back simply. A wrestler, interesting. Unlikely this one would be using her vision power, but a possibility nonetheless. Hands were dangerous weapons- shorter in reach than a blade, which gave her an advantage, but if she did manage to grab hold, limbs were far more maneuverable and versatile. Gashril would have to drop her blade and go toe to toe with someone with more unarmed combat experience than herself. And then, the question was, what to do if she did get the upper hand. Should she let Jojax win anyway, as a show of humility before a new leader? Or should she go through with it and prove her usefulness as an asset for Razorfish;Vaa? As far as it concerned Jojax, she could tell the Skakdi opposite her wanted a real fight, but the more important factor was Zanakra.

Not much time to think about that though. She twirled her blade and adjusted her stance, blade between her and her opponent, holding her falchion more like a rapier than a slashing tool. It cost her a lot of striking power and weight behind her attacks, but at least in theory, would give her greater maneuverability to fend off the grappler's attacks with.

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Camp @ARROW404

Jojax narrowed her eyes. Gashril was being cautious, which would be challenging. A carefull opponent was less likely to make an exploitable mistake.  Jojax needed to try harder.

"You know what!" She said. .""I don't wana hurt you too bad." She made a show of taking off her gloves, leaving her bracelets on. "Alright! Let's do this!" She charged at her opponent, keeping one eye on her weapon in order to dodge it.  

OOC: Some fight music.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2022 at 4:12 AM, Smudge8 said:

"You know what!" She said. .""I don't wana hurt you too bad." She made a show of taking off her gloves, leaving her bracelets on. "Alright! Let's do this!" She charged at her opponent, keeping one eye on her weapon in order to dodge it.  

"I misjudged you," Gashril noted, raising a brow. She hadn't expected a move of 'mercy' like that. But it gave her the perfect excuse to not hold back. She could win now, and the stronger could remain ambiguous, Jojax having handicapped herself.

That was all the time she had though, as the bruiser closed the distance. Twirling the blade to her right, she swung it forward in a broad horizontal slash that left Jojax with three options- leap, duck, or step back. It was an easily-read move, but that was on purpose. This was an opponent she had never seen fight before, and each moment she spent reading and learning about her opponent, her chances of winning increased. In battle, what you don't know is often what hurts you most.

Her right arm, free and gauntleted, reared back into a prepared strike, ready to put some distance between them if Jojax chose option A or B.

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Encampment @ARROW404

Jojax smiled as she lept over the spear. She leaned foreward, flinging out one arm and putting her bodey weight into the jump, trying to clothsline Gashril and nock her down. She put one arm in front of her face, trying to block the incoming punch.

• Like 3

She leaped- reckless move. Gashril loved it when they jumped. Altering course, rather than punch, she grabbed, catching the clothesline, her gauntlet clacking as it absorbed some of the impact. Her palm smarted a little. Feet planted solidly on the ground, she had all of her stability though, while Jojax's only tether was gravity. Why sacrifice your mobility just for a little air time? Trying not to grin, she swiped her sword back the way it had come, the back of her single-edged sword intended to catch her legs and send the slugger head over heels.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Encampment @ARROW404

As Gashril made another horizontal slash Jojax tucked her legs, dodgeing the blade.  As she fell back to the ground she grabbed back at Gasril's gauntleted arm, hitting the ground she rolled away, trying to pull her foe to the ground. "You should have just taken the hit!" She taunted.

IC: The Wanderer-The Place @Toru Nui

One of the ackolytes exited The Place carying several large stinking sacks full of discarded food containers and bottles. She was taking them out to a pit almost a Kio away where they usualy dumped the waste they couldn't reuse in some way. She scanned the horizon, looking for any preditory Rahi that might be looking for an easy snack. She didn't see any, but there was a slowly aproaching cloud of dust on the horizon. Glancing around, there was no one else at the entrance, so it fell to her to greet the newcomer. She quickly stashed the bags of trash behind a pillar and moved into position.

The dust cloud emitted a low hum, and the black dot at it's lead resolved into a motercycle as it's rider. The Wanderer had finaly finished his journy around the island. Anyone who considered themself somebody would know about the upcoming event. He waved t the ackolyte, who returned the gesture with a thumbs up before getting back to disposing of the garbage. The Wanderer walked into the collusium  and began making sure everyting is in order.

OOC: Open for interaction, I pinged toru specifically, but if anyone else has characters that might have arrived early feel free to post.

• Like 4

Looks like this was one bruiser she had underestimated. She didn't panic though- she was still testing her, getting to know her fighting style, and hadn't overcommited on her last attack. As soon as she felt Jojax trying to slip from her own grip to grab at her armor, she flinched back. The grappler's fingers found purchase on a ridge in the heavy plate armor, but it wouldn't be enough to stop her from keeping her footing.

Raising her blade, she widened her stance and circled swiftly to the side, putting her back toward the center of the sarke ring, mindful of the edge and wary to keep from ever getting too close. Her titular blade gleamed unusually in the sun as she held it between them, the reflection on its mirror surface as difficult to look at as the sun itself. She didn't strike yet though. Jojax still had a grip- even if a tenuous one, and she wanted to see what she would do with it.

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

Jojax sneered and recoiled form the bright light of the blade, but inside she smiled, It was showtime. . Her mask began to glow, vibrate, and leak red liquid. Her hands quickly shifted, getting a better grip on Gasril's arm. With a mighty heave she yanked Gasril's arm, trying to lift the opponent over her head and slamming them into the ground.

• Like 2

IC: Enra (The Place)

“Oh, you’re back already eh?” Enra asked the returning Wanderer as she pretended to look at a stone tablet as if it contained important information. As instructed, the Place was made ready for the coming event... well, Enra’s room was still a mess, but everything the guests would see was fine. “How’d your sales pitch go, boss?”

On 1/22/2022 at 7:37 PM, Smudge8 said:

Jojax sneered and recoiled form the bright light of the blade, but inside she smiled, It was showtime. . Her mask began to glow, vibrate, and leak red liquid. Her hands quickly shifted, getting a better grip on Gasril's arm. With a mighty heave she yanked Gasril's arm, trying to lift the opponent over her head and slamming them into the ground.

Her eyes widened. What the devil? Woah! Her shoulder nearly came out of its socket as her masked opponent yanked her up... With her fingers. This was something else, she had a weapon Gashril didn't understand. Probably the mask. Too late to do anything about that though, right now she had to focus on not slamming into the ground. If her opponent was using her tools, then it was time Gashril did too.

She tightened her grip on Jojax's arm, aiming to pre-empt any attempt to throw her outside the ring, and clicked her sonic amplifiers on. Her elemental energies surged in her throat, and her cry of surprise and alarm suddenly burst into a concentrated blast of sonic power that washed point-blank into Jojax. Gashril could feel her arm caught in the blast, skin already going numb from the vibrations on her gauntlet. This was not a nice attack, but she was on her way to getting stunned... might as well stun her opponent too.

Edited by ARROW404
  • Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

Jojax Gritted her teeth and folowed through with her manuver. Just before Gashril hit the ground Jojax let go and stumbled backwards from the sonic blast.. "Wow," She said, her ears ringing. "You hit hard!"  she said, complementing her foe. "That's good, we need to keep things exciting!" She turned to the inhabitants of the Tahtorak Encampment, apparently giving Gashril a moment to recover. "You aint seen nothing yet!" she shouted to the audience as she turned back to face Gashril, muscles ready to jump back into action.

IC: The Wanderer-The Place (the Wanderer's Bar) @Toru Nui

"As well as it could have," the Wanderer said, "The folks of Zakaz are as hostile and combattive as ever. I expect we'll be getting a lot of visitors within the next few days." He took a seat behind the counter and got drinks out for himself and Enra. "What about you, did the preperations go smoothly?" 

• Like 3

IC: Nahikl Ahuum (Tahtorak Encampment, Spineless Bay)

Watching the fight and more, Ahuum lurked by their lady's side, watching the violent proceedings take place. So is the way of Skakdi, to greet with tooth and claw. It was a thought that made a raspy gasp of a chuckle to emanate quietly from the Nahikl. Having scanned their gaze across the whole of the camp, dissecting each and every member with their unnatural sight, they had deduced that beyond the usual rigors of Zakazian life, none of them bore any lasting ailment. A blessing and a shame should their lady wish them to be dispatched.

Speaking of, Ahuum tilted their head upwards towards Zanakra, though their veiled eyes remained on the fight, as they quietly whispered and conferred with her. "So, my lady Zanakra, what promise has these Skakdi so far peaked in your future ambitions? Are they so far worth this trifling trouble?" He queried, curious and wondering.

OOC: @Snelly @Nato The Whisperer

• Like 1

IC: Enra (The Place)

“I ain’t just been sitting around on me bum all day, if that’s what you’re getting at. Got security ready, got medical ready, got kitchen ready, got the girls ready...” Enra held up her shock gauntlets on her arms and struck a few poses, before continuing.

“So yeah, I’d say we’re ‘bout ninety-nine…” She scowled as she thought back to the still unsquashed fly hovering around somewhere. “Point-nine percent ready.”

On 1/25/2022 at 8:19 PM, Smudge8 said:

Jojax Gritted her teeth and folowed through with her manuver. Just before Gashril hit the ground Jojax let go and stumbled backwards from the sonic blast.. "Wow," She said, her ears ringing. "You hit hard!"  she said, complementing her foe. "That's good, we need to keep things exciting!" She turned to the inhabitants of the Tahtorak Encampment, apparently giving Gashril a moment to recover. "You aint seen nothing yet!" she shouted to the audience as she turned back to face Gashril, muscles ready to jump back into action.

OoC: Apologies for the wait. Distracted by other things.

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampment, Spineless Bay

Her vision flashed white as she struck the ground, her brain seeming to rattle inside her skull, and the sand doing nothing to cushion the crushing blow delivered from her impressive opponent. So the strength actually matched the attitude. As Jojax showboated a little, the Shrill Blade rose to her feet. She raked the back of her falchion against her gauntlet, sparks flying, then twirled it in a little show, reciprocating Jojax's theatrics with a little of her own as she brought the tip down into a high guard stance, point down between them. "Correct," she said. "And you haven't heard anything yet either," she added with a grin. That little yelp was nothing compared to what she was about to unleash. But much as she hated bravado, she did need to put on a good show for her future employer.

Edited by ARROW404
  • Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

"Oh," Jojax retorted, "than I'll need to shut you up." Her eyes glowed as she activated her impact vision, aiming for Gashril's gut to knock her off balance. Than She lept forewards, swinging her fists at Gashril's head.

The wanderer gave Enra a knowing smile. "How do you think you'll stack up against the competition?"

Edited by Smudge8
added the wanderer
  • Like 4

On 1/31/2022 at 7:09 PM, Smudge8 said:

"Oh," Jojax retorted, "than I'll need to shut you up." Her eyes glowed as she activated her impact vision, aiming for Gashril's gut to knock her off balance. Than She lept forewards, swinging her fists at Gashril's head.

Gashril shifted her stance, allowing the Impact Vision to strike just a glancing blow. She had been hoping for heat or laser vision- something for her blade to counter- but it seemed her powers and equipment weren't a great match for the well-armored slugger. Distance would be her ally here. Not wanting to get close and personal with Jojax's fists, she swiveled and parried the left-hand punch while stepping right, out of the right fist's reach, hoping her blade could catch a chink in her armor but not banking on it. And as she moved, once more aiming to put her back to the middle of the sarke ring, she let out another wail, a brief, concentrated blast of sonic power aimed straight at the berserker's ear. She wasn't pouring it all in, saving her voice while observing what it did to her opponent in little doses before chancing a big one.

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

Jojax stumbled past Gashril and grit her teath as the focused sonic blast smashed into her ear.  She instinctively lashed out with a pakari-powered leg, attempting to sweep Gashril's feet out from under her. Providing that worked, Jojax would have to pounce on top of her quickly.

The wanderer smiled and shook his head. "I'm not much of a fighter these days, I'd much rather provide comentary.," He said, pulling his guitar off of his back.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Jojax stumbled past Gashril and grit her teath as the focused sonic blast smashed into her ear.  She instinctively lashed out with a pakari-powered leg, attempting to sweep Gashril's feet out from under her. Providing that worked, Jojax would have to pounce on top of her quickly.

A blind attack was the usual response, though this was a fast one. The shrewd fighter edged back, though the blow did catch her square in one thigh. Powered by whatever tech gave Jojax her strength, it made the Skak:Dii of Sonics wince as she felt her armor plating dent, but rather than tumble, she carved a furrow in the sand as she skidded away. With any luck, her opponent had stubbed her toe. Mind over muscle was Gashril's way in the ring, but she couldn't tell how much effect her screams were really having yet, and in terms of actually landed blows, Jojax had one up on her now.

She held back on her voice for a beat, not giving Jojax the chance to get used to it by keeping her use erratic, and instead leaned in for a quick double-slash at her deadly hands.

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

• 4 weeks later...

The brawler's long trek across Zakaz had clouded his living moments in a dreamlike haze. Even meeting Zanakra and her crew felt like playing out a campfire adventure story, the disgraced fighter given a second chance as warlord's muscle. Watching Gashril and Jojax duke it out in the circle was the most real thing he'd experienced in weeks.

The two fighters embodied very different schools of combat, both equally effective and equally admired by Sohmak. Gashril's body language betrayed a caution and reactionary style the untrained eye might mistake for cowardice, but the Shrill Blade wielded a mind keener than her sword, her conservative technique allowing her to deconstruct her opponent mentally before following through physically.

Jojax's frightful vigour was no less deliberate, however. If Gashril's style was to think on her feet, then Jojax's was to never give her a moment to think. This "attack-attack-attack" rhythm was not the blind desperation of a novice; the overwhelming force was considered, her incredible violence calculated. Even without the ancestral mask, she would be a terrifying opponent indeed. Sohmak let a smile crack across his great jaw. Perhaps there was something of the Demon in her after all.

His mind strayed from the fight for a moment to finally regard the... wrongness that lingered in the corner of his eye. While Sohmak didn't regard Ahuum as a threat per se, there was something about the hooded wretch that made his skin crawl. Still, adversity makes strange bedfellows. He thought best to save introductions for back at the Fortress though, can't be losing his nerve out here.

His fingers itched against the Sluggers' crush-jaw triggers. Glorious combat within his iron reach once again.

OOC: @Smudge8@ARROW404@Sparticus147

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 1

BZPRPG Profiles

[South of Spineless Bay, Fort Garsi (Ipsudir)]
After thoroughly pounding Grolasch into the ground and teaching him the finer points of sarke, Ipsudir Garsi took a cold lunch and prepared for another, much more politically important meeting.

Fort Garsi had been for the last several years keenly aware the growing activity in the Warrens, particularly because their current warlord had been running up debts he couldn’t pay.

Ipsudir counted another spit she owed her father’s grave—but at least she stood comfortably the other end of all of his red ink.   Mining (and copious raiding of forts) had its advantages.   She’d come to look forward to these little bouts of verbal sparring she had with the little salamander who called himself the broker.   Cowards who were forward about it were at least refreshing.

The warlord’s entourage halted, waiting for the escort to take them to their appointed negotiating place.

OOC: @Ghosthands

Edited by Mel
  • Like 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

• 4 weeks later...

Jojax normally relied on exploiting her opponents mistakes, and Gashril was too composed. AND TOO QUIET! Fights without a good banter weren't any fun. It was time to stop dragging this out, or else her mask power would drain her too much. Joajax began to channel her elemental power through her wristbands, and the metal gloves lying on the ground behind Jojax  began to rise.

"It's time to end this!" She shouted....

"FIVE FEINDISH FISTS!"

Jojax's eyes flashed and Gashril stumbled backwards from the impact vision. Jojax charged, Her levitating gloves swung in next, Gashril managed to swipe them away, but that left her open to Jojax's fists. Jojax knocked her foe backwards to the edge of the ring with her Kanoka Powered blows. Then, She took a mighty leap upwards and decended on the prone Gashril. 

"DEVIL'S ELBOW DROP!!!"

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Smudge8 said:

Jojax normally relied on exploiting her opponents mistakes, and Gashril was too composed. AND TOO QUIET! Fights without a good banter weren't any fun. It was time to stop dragging this out, or else her mask power would drain her too much. Joajax began to channel her elemental power through her wristbands, and the metal gloves lying on the ground behind Jojax  began to rise.

"It's time to end this!" She shouted....

"FIVE FEINDISH FISTS!"

Jojax's eyes flashed and Gashril stumbled backwards from the impact vision. Jojax charged, Her levitating gloves swung in next, Gashril managed to swipe them away, but that left her open to Jojax's fists. Jojax knocked her foe backwards to the edge of the ring with her Kanoka Powered blows. Then, She took a mighty leap upwards and decended on the prone Gashril. 

"DEVIL'S ELBOW DROP!!!"

The Shrill Blade hadn't expected her opponent to go for her gloves- nor for said gloves to levitate toward her. As she staved off Jojax's attacks as best she could, a part of her was hoping someone would call foul, but the call didn't come. She would have to make do. On her back, and feeling like she had been hit by a Kikanalo, she saw the Devil in question descending upon her. Her eyes narrowed- Jojax had finally left the ground, foregone her maneuverability in favor of showmanship.

Stupid.

Opening her jaw so wide it felt like it might come unhinged, Gashril took a shallow breath in, then let her opponent have it. The biggest blast of sonic power yet left her gaping, toothy maw. Her blade rose to meet the descending purple blur. The gleaming steel flashed in a wide arc toward her wide open ribs, and she rolled with it, placing the wicked spikes of her right arm gauntlet just below.

• Like 3

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

Jojax's eyes opened wide as she watched Gasril open her jaw. "Aw, Karz..."

Before Jojax could finish her sentance a wall of sound washed over her, causing her teeth to chatter and her ears ring. She was commited to her attack at this point, so she closed her eyes and followed through. 

There was the sharp pain as Gashril's blade bit into Jojax's side, followed by the crunch as Jojax smashed into the spiked armor. Gashril shoved and Jojax went stumbling back. Her ears still ringing, she bent over and put her hands on her knees, breathing heavily as her mask drained the last of her streingth. She grit her teeth. My boss is watching, and I can't let her down, and I can't look stupid in front of the Spineless slugger. I have to win this. 

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jojax  charged at Gashril, swinging her fists, both natural and levitating gloves, wildly. In one last desperate attempt. Despite this, it was apparent to everyone that Jojax had already lost. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

IC (Vrinak the Broker) [The Warrens]

Tabakk smoke wisped and coiled in the lantern glow of the Broker's private study, deep in the Warrens. Vrinak sat at a broad wooden desk stacked with papers and logbooks, cigar in hand, perusing a letter. It had arrived that morning from one of his agents: she had made contact with the estranged Nakihl Kalzok, who claimed to have discovered a pristine archive and tomb of the ancient Lesterin, and was offering its contents in return for bankrolling the excavation and access to the information contained within. Quite a claim, and quite a favourable deal, if he was telling the truth — which the agent claimed to be sure he was, though the Broker had reason to doubt her objectivity in this particular case. Fortunately, for verification, the letter came with sketches detailing a memory crystal the contact had retrieved, and a smaller fragment. The Nakihl the Broker kept in his employ had analysed it and assured him it was genuine.

All well, then. Vrinak pulled pen and paper from a drawer and swiftly scrivened his reply.

I accept your offer. I will have an excavation team and escort ready within a week, together with the necessary equipment and supplies. Come to the Warrens and you may lead them to the location.

I look forward to doing business with you.

- V.

A second letter he addressed directly to the agent who had relayed the Nakihl's offer.

Good find. I'm pleased. But don't think your history with this man has escaped my notice. Make sure it doesn't cloud your judgment.

The Broker sealed both missives and held them out towards his majordomo. The Kaiakan dutifully stepped forward, took the letters, and left the study to send them on their way north. He returned soon after, with news:

"Warlord Garsi has arrived, sir."

"Ah, yes," the Broker said approvingly, taking one more tug on his cigar before stubbing it out and rising to his feet. "I take it she's being shown to the usual receiving chamber."

"Of course, sir," the Kaiakan replied, fetching his master's coat from where it hung on a nearby stand and holding it out for him to don. "She will be waiting for you there."

"Very good," the Broker purred, smiling. Few items in his schedule were as likely to be interesting or lucrative as a meeting with a warlord.

Ipsudir was met by a group of Broker's men of similarly diverse makeup to those who had escorted them from the canyon opening to an entrance to the Warrens proper, Skakdi and Lesterin standing side-by-side. One Skakdi stepped forward as they approached, and bowed.

"Warlord Garsi," he addressed her respectfully. "The Broker is honoured by your visit, as always. Please, follow me."

There was, of course, no request that she or her entourage give up their weapons as they entered the Broker's underground domain. Cautious as he was, Vrinak knew better than to so gravely insult a warlord with such a demand. Besides, the risk was low enough: despite her ferocity, Ipsudir was one of the more prudent of her peers, and plenty of his own men would be present and just as well-armed as their guests. Mutually assured destruction was the Skakdi way, after all.

OOC: @NorikSigma @Mel

• Like 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

• 2 weeks later...

[South of Spineless Bay, Fort Garsi (Ipsudir)]
Ipsudir swaggered into the room, a broad grin on her face.   Her retinue trailed behind her, somewhat more tense.   The warlord was a powder keg, and there was something about the diminutive arms dealer that got under her skin.   Luckily for them, Ipsudir had expended a good amount of energy that morning and so her frame of mind was distinctly more pleasant.

“You train them so well,” she said, taking a seat opposite The Broker.  “Such pleasant manners.”

She might have been talking about a kavinika.

OOC: @Ghosthands, also @Visaruand @Geardirector if you would like to participate

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:15 PM, Smudge8 said:

Jojax's eyes opened wide as she watched Gasril open her jaw. "Aw, Karz..."

Before Jojax could finish her sentance a wall of sound washed over her, causing her teeth to chatter and her ears ring. She was commited to her attack at this point, so she closed her eyes and followed through. 

There was the sharp pain as Gashril's blade bit into Jojax's side, followed by the crunch as Jojax smashed into the spiked armor. Gashril shoved and Jojax went stumbling back. Her ears still ringing, she bent over and put her hands on her knees, breathing heavily as her mask drained the last of her streingth. She grit her teeth. My boss is watching, and I can't let her down, and I can't look stupid in front of the Spineless slugger. I have to win this. 

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jojax  charged at Gashril, swinging her fists, both natural and levitating gloves, wildly. In one last desperate attempt. Despite this, it was apparent to everyone that Jojax had already lost. 

OoC: Sorry for the wait! Also yay! I can finally @ people now!

IC: Gahril - Tahtorak Encampment @Smudge8

The impact was harsh, but the Shrill Blade's swift reaction had made the attack into a double edged-sword. Her sword connected, but on the ground and rolling as she was, it had little power behind it. It was her gauntlet that saved her. It hurt though, and she was lucky her shoulder hadn't completely dislocated.

She kept the roll going and disentangled from her opponent with a second to spare to get to her feet before the masked bruiser brought on a fresh onslaught. It was wild, sloppy, but those two extra fists made it dangerous. On the plus side, the mask was inert, so she wasn't using it. She backpedaled, narrowly rolling away from the edge of the ring by memory. Her throat was throbbing, she had one more good scream left in her. She had to make it count.

Jojax had her weapons to put Gashril on the back foot, but Gashril hadn't showed her real martial technique yet. Skidding back through the sand, she angled her sword downward in a ready stance. The moment before her opponent was upon her, she opened her jaw and- for just a moment- humored Jojax's showmanship.

"SONIC RIPTIDE!"

Her voice blasted into her foe painfully, vibrating her armor, then she launched into a practiced form for dealing with unarmed opponents. Right arm slash, left arm follow-up. The floating gauntlets met their mark, but she powered through, her thick gauntlet absorbing most of the shock of one. Then the final strike. Suddenly dipping down, she rolled back. Her clawed feet planted into Jojax, talons gripping onto her mask and torso. She rolled back, the wild slugger held in her grip, and slammed her down face-first... Outside the ring.

She panted and gasped, tasting sand, resting on her face. Her foot has passed over the line. It was a draw.

She coughed a Skak:Dii obscenity.

Edited by ARROW404
  • Like 7

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Zanakra - Tahtorak Encampment -

Zanakra grinned as the fight seemingly came to a close. She clapped, slowly. "Well that was entertaining, and it's clear to me you can fight, and you fought one of my best to a draw no less." It was admittedly impressive, Gashril would make a perfect little minion. 

"So...will you be joining? Or do you need more...convincing?" As a warlord it was only right to have those under her fight for her, but if she needed to personally convince someone to join her ranks, she had no problem doing so. Her hammer was always itching to be put to use after all. 

OOC: @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

On 4/14/2022 at 6:15 AM, Smudge8 said:

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jojax charged at Gashril, swinging her fists, both natural and levitating gloves, wildly. In one last desperate attempt. Despite this, it was apparent to everyone that Jojax had already lost.

And there it was; the blind desperation of a novice. Sohmak shook his head, shaking loose the errant thought that had been his budding respect for the wrestler. The Shrill Blade had her on the ropes--

On 5/7/2022 at 2:23 AM, ARROW404 said:

She panted and gasped, tasting sand, resting on her face. Her foot has passed over the line. It was a draw.

--oh COME ON.

Sohmak's feeling on draws were complicated. On the one hand, any two combatants that can fight each other to a standstill after such a prolonged bout must be fierce opponents indeed. On the other, a draw's... kind of a boring outcome? Maybe it's more about the journey than the destination or whatever he overheard some geek say. Sohmak groaned in dissatisfaction all the same.

Then again, the Slugger mused, that was most definitely Gashril's fight to lose. Sheer bad luck her foot landed outside the ring.

Still, it was over. Sohmak's muscles relaxed, tense as though he'd been in the ring himself. Seeing proper Sarke for the first time in a long time made him all jittery.

He'd almost forgotten about the Sluggers until the clank of the crush-jaws closing, his fists clenched around their triggers, reminded him with a sour sneer. Surely one of these goons could free him of the blasted things.

OOC: @Snelly @Nato G @Sparticus147 @Smudge8 @ARROW404

Also I do not share Sohmak's views on draws, it was a great fight! 😁

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 5

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: T'harrak - Tahtorak Encampment 

The battle that T'harrak observed was very different to the one that everyone else watched. The crowd saw the expected spectacle of strength and savagery, revelled in the roars and rage, bellowed at the brawn and brutality of the display, and delighted in the devastation. 

T'harrak peered past it all to look within, her x-ray vision peeling away the layers and observing the deeper details of the two fighters. 

She saw how muscles shifted differently under the scars of old wounds, where skin split and bruises blossomed as new injuries were inflicted, and where bones bore the marks of healed fractures or breaks. She saw how weapons were weighted and balanced, how armour was layered and connected, and where the wear of past battles had buckled it. 

She was already passingly familiar with Jojax - her body bearing the batterings of innumerable battles, her levitating gauntlets hewn of dense metal, and her Kanohi with its grafted-on gadgetry - so she focused most of her attention during the bout on the new element, Gashril. Where Jojax was all bulk and muscle, Gashril was a little leaner, though it certainly hadn't put her at any disadvantage. (Just goes to show, strength isn't everything). The unusual device implanted in the De-Skakdi's throat was probably in some way responsible for the sonic attacks she'd unleashed during the battle, and there was something about that sword... T'harrak couldn't begin to speculate at its function, if any, since Gashril hadn't done anything unusual with it, but it definitely seemed more complex than most blades.

At first glance, she seemed an ally well worth having, and one who perhaps still had a few surprises left in store. And after that performance in battle - rules be karzed, we all saw who won thatshe was definitely not someone worth making an enemy of, especially given how close this camp was to the Fort. Hopefully-

A grating metal clank off to the side briefly drew T'harrak's attention back to the other new De-Skakdi in their midst: Sohmak. She deactivated her x-ray vision just in time to catch a fleeting sneer on his face, probably directed at Jojax. Clearly whatever grudge or rivalry was between the two of them wasn't going to go away overnight. Speaking of which...

T'harrak quickly made her way around the ring, not wanting to risk unintentionally insulting someone or invoking something by crossing through it (she'd never bothered learning the rules of Sarke) to stand by the fallen Jojax, extending a hand to help her comrade up. "You almost had her. Maybe next time, yeah?"

She offered a smile towards Gashril as well. "Impressive work." 

Her actions and words were as much of a genuine offer of aid and support for the two combatants as they were a calculated display for everyone else present.

Zanakra had clapped and laughed as if the whole display was for her entertainment, launching into her speech with scarcely a glance towards her fallen underling. She didn't offer even the pretence of concern. Her view of the world was as unwavering as her confidence: she was the warlord, and they were beneath her. 

T'harrak instead sought to subtly establish herself as the opposite: a comrade, an equal. Her reasons had nothing to do with undermining or usurping Zanakra. They were as selfish as they were simple: this was a warrior's world, and she needed friends to survive in it. 

@Smudge8 @ARROW404

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kirik [The Warrens]

While Ipsudir settled into her chair with a grin, her glowering followers arranged themselves behind her, taking up subtle defensive positions in direct response to the positions of Vrinak’s own guards, as if assembling for a game of Spike-ball. They scanned the room, taking in the exits, entrances, and the details for when they'd need to recount the story later. 

While Ipsudir complimented Vrinak’s retinue on their manners, one of her own guards, a tall spindly green Skakdi whose extra mechanical arms were twitching restlessly, bared his pointed teeth and stuck the tip of his knife between them to chew on. 

Edited by Visaru
  • Like 3

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Nahikl Ahuum (Tahtorak Encampment, Spineless Bay)

And thus, the battle, if one deigned to call it that, ended. It was certainly a display, Ahuum might have admitted, but it was ultimately a waste in their eyes. Afterall, where were the screams of agony? The crunching of bones? The rending of muscles? The death?

'No matter', Ahuum thought to their self, shifting from the shadow of Zanakra into the shadow of T'harrak as they followed the other Skakdi. Jojax was most certainly wounded and it was their duty to mend such ailments. Afterall, if their lady wished the camp to be razed, they would need every able body to do so.

OOC: @Nato G @Snelly @Smudge8 @Zeal @ARROW404

• Like 3