BZPRPG - Westside Zakaz

Posted (edited)

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Encampment @Nato G @Snelly @Zeal @ARROW404 @Sparticus147

Wow, the stars are so pretty... but how did I get here? Oh, right. Joajax opened her eyes. "#############################" She batted T'harrak's hand away as she shat up. "I'm fine!" She snapped. "I just wasn't ready for a professional."      

Edited by Smudge8
  • Like 4

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampment @Nato G@Snelly@Smudge8@Zeal@Sparticus147

The Shrill Blade coughed as she got to her feet. The peanut gallery behind her whooped and jeered, both proud and disappointed. She had technically won that, but officially hadn't. She wasn't particularly bothered though. She had gotten sloppy because Jojax had really put her on the ropes. All things considered, she wasn't the best match-up for her own powers. The next time the two squared off, it would likely go differently. In what way though, remained to be seen.

She nodded in acknowledgment to the group's leader. "Sorry, my voice is just about shot," she rasped hoarsely. "We're good though. We needed employment anyway." Frowning, she beckoned Ythrok forward. She patted her wrist, nodded, then jabbed a finger toward tall, dark, and creepy in the back.

The Skakdi of Lightning nodded and turned to Zanakra. "I'm Ythrok, Gashril's right-hand man," he explained. His posture was a little more rigid than hers- by Skak:Dii standards, of course- and his speech a little slower and more enunciated. "As she said, she strained her voice during the fight, so I'll be speaking on her behalf so it doesn't get worse. And also as she said, we're happy to join forces. She just wants to say two things first." He held up to fingers, "First, feel free to pick an opponent if you feel like giving your hammer a whirl." He lowered one of them. "Second, why is there a Nakihl with you?" he asked, eyes going to Ahuum.

OoC: I won't narrate another fight- especially since the peanut gallery is basically meant to be NPCs to fill the background once we join you on Fort Razorfish, but do feel free to have fun on your own, or else have someone else take control of one of them. The Tahtorak team consists of:

Spoiler

Gashril - Sonics, theft vision, power scream
Lookout - Air, telescopic, Australian accent
Seeker - Iron, telescopic
Lugnoz - Plasma, heat vision
Ythrok - Lightning - impact
??? - Earth - Laser
??? - Fire - Heat
??? - Gravity - Impact
??? - Plantlife - X-Ray
??? - Water - Infrared

• Like 4

1133507993_signaturepic.thumb.png.df995afe5e05080fb97662465b67b728.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC (Vrinak the Broker) [The Warrens]

The Broker was seated in a comfortably-upholstered chair, its twin placed opposite for Ispudir's usage. He smiled up at his guest as she entered, lounging nonchalantly back in his seat, cigar in hand.

"Here we understand the respect a Warlord is due," he replied in his usual baritone purr, inclining his head in greeting. "It's always a pleasure to host one of my most valued customers."

The room itself was little more than a cave, a chamber hewn from the bare rock, but its contents were appropriately lavish for entertaining a guest of Warlord Garsi's stature. Ornate lamps filled the room with a warm orange glow; patterned rugs softened the cold stone floor. Couches had been placed behind Ipsudir's seat for the use of her entourage (if they so chose), and a long table nearby held all manner of delicacies: ripe fruit from the Spineless Bay, bottles of fine Seprillian alcohol, cases of Vrinak's signature cigars, and more. It went without saying that they were all of the finest quality.

"And of course, you and your men are most welcome to any refreshment" — he gestured to the long table and its goods — "you may desire."

The Broker's men lined the outside of the room and the entrance — just enough of them to subtly outnumber Ispudir's, but no more. They stood with carefully neutral stances and expressions, watching the Warlord and her men carefully. Each was visibly armed; again, just enough so to remind all those present that the Broker was a well-protected man, especially within his own base of operations.

"So," Vrinak continued, locking eyes with his guest and taking a draw from his cigar, "what can I do for you today, Lady Garsi?"

OOC: @Mel @Visaru @Geardirector

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vekus - Spineless Bay

On 4/23/2022 at 7:23 PM, Ghosthands said:

Good find. I'm pleased. But don't think your history with this man has escaped my notice. Make sure it doesn't cloud your judgment.

Vekus was not pleased with her letter. She looked up at the messenger, his face impassive, before looking back down at the letter. She sighed aloud. Whatever the Broker’s judgement of her, she knew she was not… compromised. At least, not in this instance. After all, she reasoned, folding the letter and tucking it away. If he was truly doubtful, he would not have sanctioned this.

"What are my orders?" she asked the other agent of the Broker.

OOC: @GhosthandsVekus ready for new assignment from NPC agent.

IC: Zanakra - Tahtorak Encampment -

"Akuum is with me because they are useful." Zanakra said flatly. She didn't like being questioned, and her expression reflected as much. "As long as they continue to remain useful, then there is no issue. The same goes for everyone." Zanakra was only prejudice against one thing, the weak. 

Zanakra picked up her hammer, letting the heavy end rest on her shoulder as she walked towards the south of the encampment, looking beyond...they'd wasted enough time here, it was time...time to get things done. 

"We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbors." She didn't even wait for a response as she boarded the scouting boat, she simply expected them to follow. 

OOC: Wow post 10k. @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra

IC: T'harrak - Tahtorak Encampment

“I'm fine! I just wasn't ready for a professional.”

You weren't ready for- what? She blinked in bewilderment, pulling back her hand as if it had just been stung. 

She understood the whole macho attitude of not wanting to look weak, but did accepting support from a comrade really make Jojax appear any weaker than giving the floor a face high-five had? And surely she realised that admitting she only liked to beat up people less skilled than herself also made her sound weak?

“We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbours.”

At Zanakra’s words, T’harrak’s attention snapped back to her warlord. For better or worse, the woman had a one-track mind, forever looking forward to the next step in her grand expansion. Hopefully she wasn’t biting off more than her new followers could collectively chew. 

Only one way to find out... T'harrak mused, as she stepped away from the Sarke ring and followed Zanakra towards the boat. 

• Like 4

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

5 hours ago, Snelly said:

IC: Zanakra - Tahtorak Encampment -

"Akuum is with me because they are useful." Zanakra said flatly.

"We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbors." She didn't even wait for a response as she boarded the scouting boat, she simply expected them to follow.

OoC: Congrats on 10k!

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampment, Spineless Bay

"Works for me," she croaked, then nodded to her tag-alongs before tilting her head toward Zanakra. They took the hint. Gashril wasn't the boss anymore, they had a warlord to follow. And follow they did, hastily gathering their things up, leaving the tents but taking what was necessary.

Gashril kept some distance between her and Jojax, but not too much. She wanted to have a chat, but it would have to wait until her voice recovered. For the time being, silence was probably best, but not outright avoidance. Also it was probably better saved for a private discussion. For now, she'd see where they were going.

• Like 2

1133507993_signaturepic.thumb.png.df995afe5e05080fb97662465b67b728.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Sohmak - Spineless Bay, Tahtorak Encampment

On 5/14/2022 at 9:55 AM, Smudge8 said:

"I'm fine!" She snapped. "I just wasn't ready for a professional."      

Oh how badly Sohmak wanted to snipe at the upstart, something like "If you ain't ready for 'em you'll never be one of 'em." United front, he reminded himself, save it for the fort. Looked forward to the fort.

Instead he approached Gashril, raising a colossal mech-gauntlet to her in respect for her performance. "Bloody good show, lass. Showed our newbie how it's done, eh?" he said, pretending he'd been one of Zanakra's longer than Jojax had. Sure to get under the wrestler's skin, couldn't help himself really. He was about to ask if the Shrill Blade had ever made it out to the circles and clubhouses in Irnakk's Tooth when--

22 hours ago, Snelly said:

"We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbors."

Sohmak's shoulders sank a little and he looked to the circle with longing, so close yet so far. Seemed everything was on hold until they made it back to the fort. Looked forward to the fort even more now.

In helping where he could making preparations to leave (which wasn't much considering he couldn't grab anything, darn these good-for-nothin'--) the Spineless Slugger ended up alongside Zanakra's favourite geek, who was looking a little bruised after Jojax's impudent display. Sohmak had little time or respect for tinkerers like T'harrak, but thought it may be best to mend some bridges and straighten things out before they set off again.

Sohmak shuffled closer to the engineer, lowering his rowdy voice for once. "Don't take it personal. We were all like her once, back in the clubhouses. Nothin' in Zakaz or Kino-Ur could take us down. We all get our reality check some day though, that kick-in-the-guts'll do her good." He snuck a look at the wrestler, sulking in the Sarke circle. "Kid's got spirit, no one denyin' that. And if she's anything' like her dear ol' dad..." lowering his voice even further, Jojax could not hear this now "...she'll be a fighter for the ages." A brief, vulnerable pause. "You were right to stick by her. We all need mates, in there and out 'ere."

Sohmak broke away, moving for the boat before quickly turning back to T'harrak, assuming something of a civil-if-gruff tone. "And 'scuse my words at young Jojax before, don't mean nothin' by 'em," he lied slightly, it did tickle Sohmak a little to get her riled up, "she can't back that spirit though and everyone in Zakaz and Kino-Ur will take her down. Got a lot to live up to."

OOC: @Snelly @Nato G @Sparticus147 @Smudge8 @ARROW404

Feeling slightly honoured to fall in the scope of your 10,000th post, Snelly! Feels like yesterday we were posting in Le-Wahi ☺️

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 4

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Encampment

Just then, a certain Iron skakdi walked past and gave Jojax a wink. "Hey Sweet Teeth, Thanks for makin our boss look good. I was rootin for ya." 

"SWEET TEETH! Why I oughta...!" Jojax suddenly lurched to her feet, only to wobble as she grew dizzy again. The Iron skakdi just smiled and walked off. 

Just then a comanding voice rung out “We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbours.”

Jojax shook her head, growled, and began walking back to the boat.

• Like 3

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: T’harrak – Tahtorak Encampment

“Look, I understand the whole personal glory, wanting to make a name for yourself thing,” she replied, once Sohmak had finished speaking, “But on the subject of reality checks, we’re a long way from the clubhouses. A fight out here isn’t for fun; there are real stakes. There was an alliance riding on this one. Who knows what it’ll be next time? Territory? Resources? Our lives?”

She faltered, realising she was probably getting ahead of herself. Hopefully they were a long way off from anyone trying to take the Fort by force. Hopefully it wouldn’t happen at all. But, given that Zanakra seemed set on riling up every encampment from here to Seprili, it remained a very real possibility.   

“My point is, we’re all in this together. We're reliant on each other to survive out here, so personal pride needs to take a back seat when it comes to situations that are going to impact all of us.”

@Zeal

• Like 1

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

IC: Sohmak - Spineless Bay, Tahtorak Encampment

T'harrak, as she often did, had a point. The brawler came to a stop and looked back at her.

Something about her point didn't sit right, though. Not being able to see the forest for the trees, or whatever he overheard some other geek saying.

To a distant observer, to Zanakra, Sohmak cocking his head back in her direction would read as "Let's get a wriggle on, boss is waitin'."

To someone who'd just had the conversation they'd had with the fighter, to T'harrak, it read as "Wanna talk about personal pride and how it impacts us all? She's right there."

With that, he started off towards the scouting boat again. And with each heavy footfall towards the fledgling conqueror (attempting a casual salute with the hulking metal mass on his arm as he boarded) it sank deeper and deeper in how dangerous Zanakra's ambition was, for her would-be rivals, thralls and allies alike. Sohmak still didn't quite realise how sheltered he was from fortress politics in the bosom of Zakaz's capital, but he was beginning to get the foul taste of it.

Despite his talent for incredible violence, the Spineless Slugger had never killed before (Rule Two: keep your opponent alive), and again wondered if he had the nerve if things went south.

He'd have the boat ride south to figure it out.

OOC: @Nato G @Snelly

• Like 1