Jump to content

BZPRPG - Westside Zakaz


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Encampment @Nato G @Snelly @Zeal @ARROW404 @Sparticus147

Wow, the stars are so pretty... but how did I get here? Oh, right. Joajax opened her eyes. "#############################" She batted T'harrak's hand away as she shat up. "I'm fine!" She snapped. "I just wasn't ready for a professional."      

Edited by Smudge8
  • Like 4

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampment @Nato G@Snelly@Smudge8@Zeal@Sparticus147

The Shrill Blade coughed as she got to her feet. The peanut gallery behind her whooped and jeered, both proud and disappointed. She had technically won that, but officially hadn't. She wasn't particularly bothered though. She had gotten sloppy because Jojax had really put her on the ropes. All things considered, she wasn't the best match-up for her own powers. The next time the two squared off, it would likely go differently. In what way though, remained to be seen.

She nodded in acknowledgment to the group's leader. "Sorry, my voice is just about shot," she rasped hoarsely. "We're good though. We needed employment anyway." Frowning, she beckoned Ythrok forward. She patted her wrist, nodded, then jabbed a finger toward tall, dark, and creepy in the back.

The Skakdi of Lightning nodded and turned to Zanakra. "I'm Ythrok, Gashril's right-hand man," he explained. His posture was a little more rigid than hers- by Skak:Dii standards, of course- and his speech a little slower and more enunciated. "As she said, she strained her voice during the fight, so I'll be speaking on her behalf so it doesn't get worse. And also as she said, we're happy to join forces. She just wants to say two things first." He held up to fingers, "First, feel free to pick an opponent if you feel like giving your hammer a whirl." He lowered one of them. "Second, why is there a Nakihl with you?" he asked, eyes going to Ahuum.

OoC: I won't narrate another fight- especially since the peanut gallery is basically meant to be NPCs to fill the background once we join you on Fort Razorfish, but do feel free to have fun on your own, or else have someone else take control of one of them. The Tahtorak team consists of:

Spoiler

Gashril - Sonics, theft vision, power scream
Lookout - Air, telescopic, Australian accent
Seeker - Iron, telescopic
Lugnoz - Plasma, heat vision
Ythrok - Lightning - impact
??? - Earth - Laser
??? - Fire - Heat
??? - Gravity - Impact
??? - Plantlife - X-Ray
??? - Water - Infrared

 

  • Like 4

 

2048935661_signaturepic.thumb.png.21e1a66277c8c8da20efd96d640d8354.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Vrinak the Broker) [The Warrens]

The Broker was seated in a comfortably-upholstered chair, its twin placed opposite for Ispudir's usage. He smiled up at his guest as she entered, lounging nonchalantly back in his seat, cigar in hand.

"Here we understand the respect a Warlord is due," he replied in his usual baritone purr, inclining his head in greeting. "It's always a pleasure to host one of my most valued customers."

The room itself was little more than a cave, a chamber hewn from the bare rock, but its contents were appropriately lavish for entertaining a guest of Warlord Garsi's stature. Ornate lamps filled the room with a warm orange glow; patterned rugs softened the cold stone floor. Couches had been placed behind Ipsudir's seat for the use of her entourage (if they so chose), and a long table nearby held all manner of delicacies: ripe fruit from the Spineless Bay, bottles of fine Seprillian alcohol, cases of Vrinak's signature cigars, and more. It went without saying that they were all of the finest quality.

"And of course, you and your men are most welcome to any refreshment" — he gestured to the long table and its goods — "you may desire."

The Broker's men lined the outside of the room and the entrance — just enough of them to subtly outnumber Ispudir's, but no more. They stood with carefully neutral stances and expressions, watching the Warlord and her men carefully. Each was visibly armed; again, just enough so to remind all those present that the Broker was a well-protected man, especially within his own base of operations.

"So," Vrinak continued, locking eyes with his guest and taking a draw from his cigar, "what can I do for you today, Lady Garsi?"


OOC: @Mel @Visaru @Geardirector

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vekus - Spineless Bay

On 4/23/2022 at 7:23 PM, Ghosthands said:

Good find. I'm pleased. But don't think your history with this man has escaped my notice. Make sure it doesn't cloud your judgment.

Vekus was not pleased with her letter. She looked up at the messenger, his face impassive, before looking back down at the letter. She sighed aloud. Whatever the Broker’s judgement of her, she knew she was not… compromised. At least, not in this instance. After all, she reasoned, folding the letter and tucking it away. If he was truly doubtful, he would not have sanctioned this.

"What are my orders?" she asked the other agent of the Broker.

OOC: @GhosthandsVekus ready for new assignment from NPC agent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Zanakra - Tahtorak Encampment -

"Akuum is with me because they are useful." Zanakra said flatly. She didn't like being questioned, and her expression reflected as much. "As long as they continue to remain useful, then there is no issue. The same goes for everyone." Zanakra was only prejudice against one thing, the weak. 

Zanakra picked up her hammer, letting the heavy end rest on her shoulder as she walked towards the south of the encampment, looking beyond...they'd wasted enough time here, it was time...time to get things done. 

"We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbors." She didn't even wait for a response as she boarded the scouting boat, she simply expected them to follow. 

OOC: Wow post 10k. @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147

  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T'harrak - Tahtorak Encampment

“I'm fine! I just wasn't ready for a professional.”

You weren't ready for- what? She blinked in bewilderment, pulling back her hand as if it had just been stung. 

She understood the whole macho attitude of not wanting to look weak, but did accepting support from a comrade really make Jojax appear any weaker than giving the floor a face high-five had? And surely she realised that admitting she only liked to beat up people less skilled than herself also made her sound weak?

“We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbours.”

At Zanakra’s words, T’harrak’s attention snapped back to her warlord. For better or worse, the woman had a one-track mind, forever looking forward to the next step in her grand expansion. Hopefully she wasn’t biting off more than her new followers could collectively chew. 

Only one way to find out... T'harrak mused, as she stepped away from the Sarke ring and followed Zanakra towards the boat. 

  • Like 5

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Snelly said:

IC: Zanakra - Tahtorak Encampment -

"Akuum is with me because they are useful." Zanakra said flatly.

...

 

"We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbors." She didn't even wait for a response as she boarded the scouting boat, she simply expected them to follow.

OoC: Congrats on 10k!

IC: Gashril - Tahtorak Encampment, Spineless Bay

"Works for me," she croaked, then nodded to her tag-alongs before tilting her head toward Zanakra. They took the hint. Gashril wasn't the boss anymore, they had a warlord to follow. And follow they did, hastily gathering their things up, leaving the tents but taking what was necessary.

Gashril kept some distance between her and Jojax, but not too much. She wanted to have a chat, but it would have to wait until her voice recovered. For the time being, silence was probably best, but not outright avoidance. Also it was probably better saved for a private discussion. For now, she'd see where they were going.

  • Like 3

 

2048935661_signaturepic.thumb.png.21e1a66277c8c8da20efd96d640d8354.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IC: Sohmak - Spineless Bay, Tahtorak Encampment

On 5/14/2022 at 9:55 AM, Smudge8 said:

"I'm fine!" She snapped. "I just wasn't ready for a professional."      

Oh how badly Sohmak wanted to snipe at the upstart, something like "If you ain't ready for 'em you'll never be one of 'em." United front, he reminded himself, save it for the fort. Looked forward to the fort.

Instead he approached Gashril, raising a colossal mech-gauntlet to her in respect for her performance. "Bloody good show, lass. Showed our newbie how it's done, eh?" he said, pretending he'd been one of Zanakra's longer than Jojax had. Sure to get under the wrestler's skin, couldn't help himself really. He was about to ask if the Shrill Blade had ever made it out to the circles and clubhouses in Irnakk's Tooth when--

22 hours ago, Snelly said:

"We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbors."

Sohmak's shoulders sank a little and he looked to the circle with longing, so close yet so far. Seemed everything was on hold until they made it back to the fort. Looked forward to the fort even more now.

In helping where he could making preparations to leave (which wasn't much considering he couldn't grab anything, darn these good-for-nothin'--) the Spineless Slugger ended up alongside Zanakra's favourite geek, who was looking a little bruised after Jojax's impudent display. Sohmak had little time or respect for tinkerers like T'harrak, but thought it may be best to mend some bridges and straighten things out before they set off again.

Sohmak shuffled closer to the engineer, lowering his rowdy voice for once. "Don't take it personal. We were all like her once, back in the clubhouses. Nothin' in Zakaz or Kino-Ur could take us down. We all get our reality check some day though, that kick-in-the-guts'll do her good." He snuck a look at the wrestler, sulking in the Sarke circle. "Kid's got spirit, no one denyin' that. And if she's anything' like her dear ol' dad..." lowering his voice even further, Jojax could not hear this now "...she'll be a fighter for the ages." A brief, vulnerable pause. "You were right to stick by her. We all need mates, in there and out 'ere."

Sohmak broke away, moving for the boat before quickly turning back to T'harrak, assuming something of a civil-if-gruff tone. "And 'scuse my words at young Jojax before, don't mean nothin' by 'em," he lied slightly, it did tickle Sohmak a little to get her riled up, "she can't back that spirit though and everyone in Zakaz and Kino-Ur will take her down. Got a lot to live up to."

OOC: @Snelly @Nato G @Sparticus147 @Smudge8 @ARROW404

Feeling slightly honoured to fall in the scope of your 10,000th post, Snelly! Feels like yesterday we were posting in Le-Wahi ☺️

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Jojax-Tahtorak Encampment

Just then, a certain Iron skakdi walked past and gave Jojax a wink. "Hey Sweet Teeth, Thanks for makin our boss look good. I was rootin for ya." 

"SWEET TEETH! Why I oughta...!" Jojax suddenly lurched to her feet, only to wobble as she grew dizzy again. The Iron skakdi just smiled and walked off. 

Just then a comanding voice rung out “We're done here, we march south. I think it's time we introduce ourselves to our neighbours.”

Jojax shook her head, growled, and began walking back to the boat.

  • Like 4

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T’harrak – Tahtorak Encampment

“Look, I understand the whole personal glory, wanting to make a name for yourself thing,” she replied, once Sohmak had finished speaking, “But on the subject of reality checks, we’re a long way from the clubhouses. A fight out here isn’t for fun; there are real stakes. There was an alliance riding on this one. Who knows what it’ll be next time? Territory? Resources? Our lives?”

She faltered, realising she was probably getting ahead of herself. Hopefully they were a long way off from anyone trying to take the Fort by force. Hopefully it wouldn’t happen at all. But, given that Zanakra seemed set on riling up every encampment from here to Seprili, it remained a very real possibility.   

“My point is, we’re all in this together. We're reliant on each other to survive out here, so personal pride needs to take a back seat when it comes to situations that are going to impact all of us.”

@Zeal

  • Like 4

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IC: Sohmak - Spineless Bay, Tahtorak Encampment

T'harrak, as she often did, had a point. But for once it wasn't sitting quite right with Sohmak. She was unable to see the forest for the trees, or whatever he overheard some other geek saying.

The brawler came to a stop and looked back at her. To a distant observer, to Zanakra, Sohmak cocking his head back in her direction would read as "Let's get a wriggle on, boss is waitin'."

To someone who'd just had the conversation they'd had with the fighter, to T'harrak, it read as "Wanna talk about personal pride and how it impacts us all? She's right there."

She knew about pride, but he knew pride, and at least his didn't kill people.

With that, he started off towards the scouting boat again. And with each heavy footfall towards the fledgling conqueror's craft (attempting a casual salute with the hulking metal mass on his arm as he boarded) it sank deeper and deeper in how dangerous Zanakra's own pride, her unchecked ambition, was; for would-be rivals, thralls and allies alike. Sohmak still didn't quite realise how sheltered he was from fortress politics in the bosom of Zakaz's capital, but he was beginning to get the foul taste of it.

Despite his prodigious talent for incredible and passionate violence, the Spineless Slugger had never killed before; Rule Two: keep your opponent alive. Again he wondered if he had the nerve if things went south.

He'd have the boat ride south to figure it out.

OOC: @Nato G @Snelly

Edited by Zeal
Buffed up a little
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nahikl Ahuum (Tahtorak Encampment, Spineless Bay)

For a moment, Ahuum halted in their step, looking towards Zanakra with an expression that edged on concern. Would this be the day? The day that they are at last strung up for being the abomination in Skakdi-skin that they truly are? Would they go down fighting? Would they even resist, let alone even be able to inflict any lasting harm?

"Akuum is with me because they are useful. As long as they continue to remain useful, then there is no issue. The same goes for everyone."

And then the near-concerned expression dispersed into the faint, thin-lipped sneer that constantly persisted on the Nahikl's facade of a face. Turning towards the failing champion Jojax once more, Ahuum watched as the Skakdess lurched away, slinking back towards the boat. Currently unbidden by their lady Zanakra's will and still keen to see if there are any bones that need to be set, painfully if possible, they followed after Jojax, but not before catching the will-infused statement of Zanakra.

They are to head south. And they are to bring conflict... Or at least Ahuum hoped so, they did always find the sport of Sarke lacking in the enjoyment of ones pained cries.

OOC: @Snelly @Zeal @Smudge8 @Nato G @ARROW404

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

[The Warrens (Ipsudir)]
The Warlord clasped her hands, regarding Vrinak with her usual lazy menace. 

“Oh just the standard trade to start with, my friend.  The ore veins have been generous, as have our neighbors.  I trust you can spare the nakihl powder in exchange for some excellent quality raw materials.  I might even throw one of those ever so eccentric rocks lying around.  Perhaps I might even be interested in another one of those charming energy extraction rifles.”

“But…I also have needs considerably more…esoteric.   Particularly of the informational kind.   Have you heard of that stadium up there near Irnakk’s jaw?   Been untouched for nearly a decade now, but all of sudden some elderly gentlemen shows up ready to put on a tournament.”

She put three cubes of sugar into her tea (from her own pouch, of course).  “You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?”


OOC: @Ghosthands @Visaru @Geardirector

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC:

"Guess who? Did you miss me?"

IC: Tairax — Western Shore of Kvere;Ivi

The sandy shore glowed with illumination as the rising sun crept further and further from the mountains on the far east side of the island. Lights danced along the eerily placid waters of Kvere;Ivi. The sand beneath the Skakdi’s feet shivered as the begrudging cold of night struggled and lost its daily battle with the hotting orb as it climbed the morning sky, hoisting hues of orange and violet around it. After a moment, the Skakdi let out a breath of satisfaction. And for the last time until the sun fell again, his breath misted in the air.

The tranquility of the morning was eventually interrupted by the noticeably more haggard, emaciated wheeze of a figure below and to the right of him. The Skakdi, now revealed to have a flat-topped, short-rimmed hat, a purple spine, and a purple face by the rising sun, raised an eyebrow and looked down at the source of the pitiful sound of desperation. The bounty, a frail Onu-Lesterin with many broken joints and a bloated belly, was stirring from his forced sedation via blunt force.

“Oh good,” the Skakdi cooed. However, it wasn’t just the rousing captive he was responding to. Off in the distance behind the Skakdi, he could the soft sands giving way to armored feet. The timing could not have been more perfect. The sun now revealed gray and white armor under the Skakdi’s purple spine, confirming to the newcomer that he had come to the right place to meet the right man. The purple Skakdi loved an audience, even if it was just an audience of one or two. He was an entertainer at heart — a die-hard creative, willing to do anything to achieve what other Skakdi lacked the artisanship or ingenuity to do.

Finally, the footsteps stopped, and the Skakdi could almost feel the Kaiakan’s hot breath beating down on him. The purple-spined being, appearing to be hunched over, did not turn his full body around. Instead, he simply turned his head to his right, his right eye looking back at the massive newcomer expectantly.

“So… you did it,” the Kaiakan said in a low, gruff voice, glancing down at the fallen merchant who had now moved to audible moans of anguish. The Lesterin’s moans were piteous — sounds befitting a descendant of the fallen merchant-princes of old. The Skakdi knew his history as well as anyone — possibly more so. How such a lowly being ever achieved dominion over the likes of his ancestors still baffled the Skakdi. Finally, the Skakdi opted to respond to the Kaiakan’s surprised expression.

“I told ya,” the Skakdi muttered, his accent was low and more nasally than most Skakdi, giving him a more sinister sounding voice. “I’m a man of my word!”

“Indeed,” the Kaiakan knelt down by the fallen Onu-Lesterin and grabbed the being’s jaw, turning the Lesterin over to get a better look at him under the rising sun. His stomach was unnaturally bloated, but the Kaiakan paid no mind to that. And although the Lesterin moaned in protestation, the Kaiakan would have none of it.

“Oh, quiet, you miserable insect,” the Kaiakan muttered threateningly.

The hunched Skakdi tipped his hat approvingly at the show of force. A moment later, the burly Kaiakan turned towards the Skakdi, warhammer now in both hands.

“I suppose you’re gonna try and off us both,” the Kaiakan growled, “and make off with all of my money, huh?”

“No… no… you have all wrong,” the Skakdi replied in an eerily sing-song tone. “I… am a man of honor. Don’t tell me you believe the lies that the Lesterin have spread about me”

The Skakdi began to back away slowly from the Kaiakan, circling him to his right.

“The Seprillians claim you are treacherous. That you give affordable prices for jobs and then kill and rob your own clients,” the Kaiakan growled accusingly.

“Well! I, Tairax, take exception!” the Skakdi said, pounding his chest so hard that his short-rimmed hat shook a little. “You call me a scoundrel, a petty swindler and murder. But what I actually am is an entertainer. I create experiences, and I do performances.

Tairax side-stepped to his left, and the Kaiakan also side-stepped, keeping the Skakdi within striking range. Pretty soon, the Kaiakan was perfectly situated between Tairax and the now-shaking Lesterin who was sitting upright.

“And your Skakdi brothers call you a freak for it”, the Kaiakan replied slowing spinning his warhammer between his fingers, “Your kind claim to fight for honor, using brawn and grit to get what you need. But not you. You seek to kill me before I can pay you the agreed bounty. What is this? This isn’t a stage play!”

“Isn’t it?” Tairax murmured in his trademark nasally voice, “Weeee’re almost at the climax!”

On cue, the Lesterin bolted up and retched onto the back of the towering hammer-wielding foe. The aroma the followed was unmistakably of the flammable oil that was often traded around Zakaz. The Kaiakan whirled around in shock and rage, though all that did was expose his front to the same soak-down of ingested oil from a second retching.

In a flash, Tairax lunged forward with a long, curved cane in his right hand, hitting the massive Kaiakan square in the back with its end. The air vibrated around the impact zone, carrying a sonic wave that would normally shock bystanders. Tairax, of course, was all too used to this effect. The impact cane propelled enough force to knock over the Kaiakan, sending his massive torso right on top of the Lesterin who still expelling flammable oil from his stomach.

“What’s a show without some fireworks?”

With a quick flick, Tairax dispatched one final surprise. One of his throwing daggers had its tip dipped in a thick sap from the trees way up north. And stuck to that sap was a thick coating of Najin dust. He flung the dagger with surprising dexterity and force — easily enough to pierce the dying Lesterin’s bloated stomach.

The fireball was as bright as it was impactful. Limbs went in all directions, and the Kaiakan found himself engulfed in flames. Worse still, the Kaiakan’s two legs that should’ve carried him to the lake a mere few feet away were… a mere few feet away from him.

“Make noooo mistake my friend,” Tairax uttered before licking his lips. “I’m a Showman

It was very uncommon to hear a Kaiakan scream. They were tall, imposing, and utterly fearless as well as ferocious. Battle cries were one thing, but this was a horrifying scream that would terrify most other beings for nights to come. It was high-pitched and unnatural-sounding. And as the seconds flew by, the scream became weaker and weaker as the formerly imposing being’s flesh burned to a crisp. By this point, Tairax had turned on his heel is walked away, cackling in a measured way that, while nothing short of frightening, a more fastidious observer could likely tell it was more for performance than genuine glee at the cacophony of pain and anguish.

“I love a good roast! Don’t you?” Tairax said, looking back at the now still flaming carcasses.

Eventually, the fire died down to embers, the victims so thoroughly immolated that there was little chance they’d be recognized by physical features alone. Fortunately for Tairax, coin was a resource so necessitated by the citizens of Zakaz and Seprilli that it could often withstand even the most damaging of flames. And with its purse burned to ashes, they caught the rising sun’s light much better.

“Oooh this guy was loaded,” Tairax muttered rapidly as he poured the coins into his own satchel.

It was a pile of golden thin circles next to the blackened skeleton, and Tairax grabbed it all in roughly four easy scoops. The warhammer couldn’t possibly be moved by the hunched Skakdi, but it seemed to remain in good condition — unmarred by the flames. Finally, Tairax bent down and swiped back his throwing dagger. It had some burn marks for sure, it would live to stab another day.

And all the while, Tairax could not help but cogitate the real joke of all this: all the Kaiakan had to do was pay him. Indeed, Tairax had never robbed anyway out of the blue. Someone spread a nasty rumor about the Showman — and it turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

By the time the sun had fully shown itself above the far-away mountains, the purple Skakdi was long gone. Another show was wrapped up. Roll credits.

  • Like 3

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IC: Zanakra - Spineless Bay - Heading South -

Once the warlord and her gang reached the shore, they continued marching south on foot. They rarely slowed, and if they did it was merely to kill a rahi or anything else that got in their way. 

Eventually they reached the southern end of Westside Zakaz, in the distance a fortress could be seen, Fort Garsi it was called. Zanakra looked at her companions, her grin widening. "Suppose we should knock." She raised up the Cordak Blaster she had grabbed from Razorfish;Vaa, they weren't in range just yet, but they were getting close. 

OOC:  @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Snelly said:

IC: Zanakra - Spineless Bay - Heading South -

Once the warlord and her gang reached the shore, they continued marching south on foot. They rarely slowed, and if they did it was merely to kill a rahi or anything else that got in their way. 

Eventually they reached the southern end of Westside Zakaz, in the distance a fortress could be seen, Fort Garsi it was called. Zanakra looked at her companions, her grin widening. "Suppose we should knock." She raised up the Cordak Blaster she had grabbed from Razorfish;Vaa, they weren't in range just yet, but they were getting close. 

OOC:  @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147

IC: Gashril

The former leader of the Tahtorak band brought up the rear of the group, having stopped back at her "throne" for something on the way out. She stayed quiet as she followed the group, not that she had much choice. The battle with Jojak played in her head, wondering how things would have gone had she acted differently. An all-out blast at the beginning, possibly enough to put her opponent out of commission from the start... Hmm, at the cost of an ally's hearing for several days. Throwing the match? Too many variable to know what kind of effect that would have had. Foregoing the sword?

Her mind eventually turned to other things, examining the group they now comprised. She was surprised they had come with so few. This couldn't be all that Razorfish had to offer, could it? No, no group this small could hold a fort. She disguised her frown at the lack of Ga-Skakdi, too. You would think a water-based fort would be ripe with them. And again, the Nakihl caught her eye, getting the gears turning. A warlord that accepted openly practicing Nakihl? It was too soon to make any real judgment calls, but this was an interesting troupe, for sure.

Her musing was cut off at their fearless leader's cocksure suggestion. Gashril tried not to gawp. She wasn't serious was she? Attacking a rival fort with a bunch of fresh recruits? Well okay, they weren't green by any measure, but they'd had no time practicing together to synergize their techniques. This was asking for a humiliating defeat... Oh, but what kind of weapon was that? Looked sophisticated... Snake-people tech? She withheld all her comments though. Right now, assessing the situation was most important.

  • Like 4

 

2048935661_signaturepic.thumb.png.21e1a66277c8c8da20efd96d640d8354.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T’harrak – Fort Garsi

As the fort came into sight, T’harrak’s confidence in Zanakra’s plan plummeted.

Not that there’d been much of it to begin with.

Fort Garsi was a colossal cube of coarse stone, surrounded by deep trenches and iron-wrought fences. And when T’harrak activated her x-ray vision, she saw that its defences ran even deeper, with an overwhelming mess of subterranean pits and tunnels running around the exterior and what looked to be layers of what she guessed to be metal embedded in the distant walls.

She gave up on trying to decipher the maze of underground passageways and deactivated her x-ray vision. It was too much for her to take it in all at once, especially from this far away.

This wasn’t some fledgling fort. This place had clearly stood for a long time, and its defences reflected an intention for it to stand for a long time to come.

"Suppose we should knock." Zanakra said suddenly, hefting the Cordak Launcher.

T'harrak was many things, but she was no mind reader. There was no telling if Zanakra was advocating for an immediate all-out attack on Garsi, or simply meant that she wanted to shoot some holes in the Fort to get the attention of its occupants. But either way, it was a suicidally stupid idea to be starting a fight when her forces were fresh from marching down the coast, caught out in the open, and likely outnumbered by the defenders within the Fort.

“I would strongly advise against that,” T'harrak said firmly, turning to Zanakra. “Those walls are thick, and look to have metal reinforcements. Even if you did manage to make a hole big enough for us to get through, those trenches are full of tunnels and traps that we’d need to navigate before we can reach it.”

And by we, she of course meant me and Ahuum, given that they were the only two present who possessed x-ray vision and could semi-safely guide the group around the traps. And of course, them being able to do that was predicated on the assumption that the fine folks of Fort Garsi didn’t have some suitably superior firepower with which to shoot at anyone who fired on their walls or tried to cross their trenches… which seemed unlikely, given the extent of the rest of their defences.

"I don't intend to undermine your leadership, or demean the abilities of the other warriors here..." she curled her quavering hands into fists to conceal their nervous shaking. Zanakra was scary enough at the best of times, but especially now that she was casually carrying a weapon with enough explosive capacity to reduce T'harrak to giblets in one volley, "...but we are not equipped for a fight against that. For all of our sakes, please don't start one." 

@Snelly@ARROW404@Smudge8@Sparticus147@Zeal

  • Like 8

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Jojax-Outside Fort Garsi

Jojax had been patched up by Ahum and spent most of the trip quietly stewing over the fight. More than anything she was worried about what her allies thought of her. She Wasn't really paing attention to where they were going untill they arrived at the giant cube. She suddenly stopped.

"Wow."

 

  • Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nahikl Ahuum (Spineless Bay - Fort Garsi)

Traveling southwards for their destination, Ahuum shuffled as they always did behind Zanakra, existing solely within her shadow as they belonged, but as the visage of Fort Garsi grew steadily in sight, the wry Nahikl lingered further and further back till they were at the very end of the line. And then the words of Zanakra reached their ears.

"Suppose we should knock."

Scrying forth their gaze, they could easily make out the blatant gesture their lady flourished. 'Was this it?' They wondered. 'Has my time with this one finally come to an end?'

Though Ahuum was truly loyal to their lady, Zanakra, Zanakra was not the first to ever hold the loyalties of the Nahikl. There were others before her, and those others are now all dead. Was Zanakra going to join them now or is there some plan the elder Skak simply does not know? Regardless, Ahuum made themselves ready, to either materialize at their lady's side if they were called or to slip away and find another to lurk behind.

OOC: @Snelly

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2022 at 5:54 PM, Mel said:

“But…I also have needs considerably more…esoteric.   Particularly of the informational kind.   Have you heard of that stadium up there near Irnakk’s jaw?   Been untouched for nearly a decade now, but all of sudden some elderly gentlemen shows up ready to put on a tournament.”

She put three cubes of sugar into her tea (from her own pouch, of course).  “You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?”


IC (Vrinak the Broker) [The Warrens]

The Broker chuckled, holding Ipsudir's dangerous gaze with one of his own, just firm enough to show he wasn't intimidated by the Warlord while remaining cordial. This subtle posturing wasn't really necessary, of course; both of them knew where they stood. But one must keep up appearances.

"Why yes, I have heard about this little get-together," he purred. "I'm told that said gentleman has been making the rounds, inviting the great and good of our isle. Should be quite the event, by the sound of it. As a matter of fact, I've been meaning to pay him a visit myself."

He grinned dangerously.

"I seem to have been overlooked in the invitations."

He leaned to a nearby table and tapped the ash from his cigar into a tray before taking another drag. The exhaled smoke wafted up in lazy tendrils towards the hewn stone ceiling.

"So, if there's any particular information you're looking for, I can make sure it's...acquired."


OOC: @Mel @Visaru @Geardirector

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[The Warrens (Ipsudir)]
Excellent,” Ipsudir replied.  “I am ever so curious as to where that old gentleman came from, and what may be his reasons for kicking that little arena back to life.”

Ipsudir had always thought The Place’s forbiddance on violence to be a might ironic.  Skakdi had bled there, had died there, all for the amusement of the Lesteri:nii.  Surely the mock combats were more of dishonor to their name than a true war, the same kind of war that had freed them from their chains with Irnakk’s blood price.

Do name you price first, when you find something,” she continued.  “And we’ll see what we can do.”

Ipsudir was going to make Vrinak remember that she was not her father.   She payed her debts, in iron or in blood, and some day Vrinak would have to become more familiar with that second kind of currency.
Not today, but someday.

[Fort Garsi, Some Time Later]
Ipsudir lounged next to one of the openings of the fort which housed an opening, just the right size for a telescope.  Or a rifle.

She’d heard of the upstart warlord who went by the name Zanakra.   By all accounts, she was a capable fighter herself—though her choice in lackeys left much to be desired.  She had definitely decided to go for quantity over quality.  Gossip spoke of a heard of followers consisting mainly of outcasts and Sarke wrestlers who had never tasted blood.

Still, if there were enough of them that could be a problem, but it looked like the young warlord had left enough of her force back to defend her freshly built fort from the hoards of spineless marauders that squabbled over the bay.

This would be fun.

Ipsudir picked up her radio and messaged Krex, who was surveying her newest rig of traps from the top of the walls.

“Looks like we’ve got a little situation here.  What are our options?”

Nearby to the approaching hoard, a hidden speaker suddenly activated with a crack of static.  The voice that issued from it was pleasant, drawling, but with an unmistakable undertone of menace.  “Well, I do declare, is this a visit from the neighbors?  And with a housewarming gift.   So polite.  I am rather occupied at the moment, however—would you mind leaving it on the front steps?”

OOC: 

@Ghosthands feel free to end the meeting how you see fit.   @Geardirector, let me know if you have any ideas. @Visaru sit tight for now, you might have to clean up later.

As for @Snelly@Nato G @Sparticus147 @Smudge8 and @Zeal ...

So, you want to kill Ipsudir?  Great, so do I.   She was never meant to be any more than a one-arc character, and if she is not dead by the end of this year I will be very disappointed, personally.

However, I do have a reputation to uphold—she didn’t get where she is by not being one of the most cunning and ruthless people alive, even by Zakaz standards.   So I will be going all out—attempting to maim and kill as many people as possible on the way down, and that includes PCs.   If you commit, you might just be rewarded, but anything half-measure isn’t going to do it.

That said, may the best Girlboss win. :]

Edited by Mel
  • Like 8

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Zanakra - Fort Garsi -

Zanakra had been just about to give T'harrak a few choice words of her own before the warlord of Fort Garsi herself spoke through a speaker. "Well, it seems we've been noticed. Seems the stealthy approach is out the window." Zanakra didn't seem unhappy about it, judging by her grin. 

"Well, of course!" Zanakra suddenly shouted towards the speaker, her arms wide open. She assumed the other warlord could hear her, though it mattered not. "It would be remiss of me not to test the defenses of the great Fort Garsi after all. How else would you know where you need to make improvements?"

Zanakra suddenly pointed the Cordak blaster towards the fort, aiming for the 'front steps'. "Careful, it's hot." She fired, the Cordak blaster lobbing six rockets towards the entrance of the fort. It was time to see if the fort was as impressive as it looked. 

Zanakra glanced towards her followers, still grinning. "Well, those of you who have ranged weapons, use them. If they have traps, we'll set them off before we even step forward." 

OOC:  @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147@Mel 

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 5

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T’harrak – Fort Garsi

Any other day, under any other circumstances, T’harrak might have been relieved to have a convenient interruption spare her from Zanakra’s wrath.

The promise of even worse violence was not the reprieve she’d been seeking. As Zanakra’s Cordak rockets screamed forth from their launcher, the cold claw of terror closed around T’harrak’s heart.

This was it, then. The thing she’d been dreading since she’d first stepped out of her hovel to seek her place in a Warlord’s retinue. She’d always known she would face battle sooner or later, but she’d always thought there’d be more time. Time to plan, to prepare. Physically and psychologically. But all she had time to do now was panic.

All that time spent wandering the wastes, honing her skills, ingratiating herself to the warriors, earning her place among Razorfish’s ranks… and now she was going to die. They were all going to die. The enemy hadn't even returned fire yet, but she could already see it playing out in her mind's eye. Caught out in the open. Picked off as they tried to navigate the traps. Gunned down as they charged. Shot in the back if they tried to retreat. Shattered against Fort Garsi’s bastions of stone and steel. All for Zanakra’s ego.

Wait… stone… Zanakra…

“Forget about- the traps don’t matter!” She blurted out, stumbling over her words as she struggled to piece together her own idea from her panic-addled thoughts. “Their defences- it’s mostly iron and rock.”

Think like Zanakra. Blunt. Brutal. 

Skakdi didn't need weapons.

They were weapons. 

“If you and Jojax combine powers you can control it. Punch us a path right through. The traps, the fences, the walls… all of it.”

@Snelly

  • Like 7

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (Vrinak the Broker) [The Warrens]

Do name your price first, when you find something. And we’ll see what we can do.”

The Broker grinned.

"Oh, we both know I'll do that."

***


At noon on a sun-bleached day, a convoy of vehicles approached The Place from the southwest. Anyone present would've seen them coming well in advance, heralded as they were by the column of dust they kicked up from the road. Most were drawn by draught animals, but the one in the middle was motorised; a recent innovation. Outriders on mounts and the occasional motorcycle flanked the boxy wagons on either side.

The convoy came to a stop, and the outriders fanned out, casting their eyes about The Place and the surrounding area. One, a burly Skakdi on one of the bikes, received nods from each of the others in turn, grunted to himself in approval, and dismounted. Hoisting a large double-barrelled firearm from the back of his cycle and slinging it over his shoulder, he swaggered slowly towards the entrance of the small inhabited building that adjoined the ancient amphitheatre. A second Skakdi followed after him, a few paces behind and to the right.

The Place had visitors.

OOC: @Smudge8 @Toru Nui

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:53 PM, Mel said:

[Fort Garsi, Some Time Later]

“Looks like we’ve got a little situation here.  What are our options?”

Nearby to the approaching hoard, a hidden speaker suddenly activated with a crack of static.  The voice that issued from it was pleasant, drawling, but with an unmistakable undertone of menace.  “Well, I do declare, is this a visit from the neighbors?  And with a housewarming gift.   So polite.  I am rather occupied at the moment, however—would you mind leaving it on the front steps?”

On 6/23/2022 at 9:26 PM, Snelly said:

IC: Zanakra - Fort Garsi -

Zanakra suddenly pointed the Cordak blaster towards the fort, aiming for the 'front steps'. "Careful, it's hot." She fired, the Cordak blaster lobbing six rockets towards the entrance of the fort. It was time to see if the fort was as impressive as it looked. 

Zanakra glanced towards her followers, still grinning. "Well, those of you who have ranged weapons, use them. If they have traps, we'll set them off before we even step forward." 

IC: Krex (Fort Garsi)

Krex had been eyeing the party (and with her good eye, too) that stood at the very edge of her neatly laid-out minefield from the moment they showed up. The Demolitions Expert rarely needed much of an excuse to unleash carnage on whomever was an unwelcome guest at the gates of Fort Garsi, but she usually at least had the decency to not do so without a command from Garsi herself. Or if they were just outright attacked. Now she acted.

The Cordak missiles fired by Zanakra started to detonate prematurely, one by one.  Triggering explosives from afar was exactly what Krex's Heat Vision was for. She could tell she wouldn't get all of them, but the final strike on the front gate would be just a scratch.

"I'm gonna need cover" Krex yelled, to no one in particular. Cordak blasters were one thing, but Krex was a lot more concerned about what else they might want to throw at Fort Garsi. If her precious minefield was neutralized, she would need to improvise other means, and her mind was already working on it.


OOC: @Mel @Visaru @Snelly @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Zeal @Sparticus147

I'm working under the assumption some Cordaks will still hit. I also advise all opposing parties to take a look at Krex's equipment on her profile, I will be using that stuff for all it's worth here. Death is definitely on the table here as well

  • Like 4

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Fort Garsi, Outer Wall]

The remaining cordak rockets hit the walls of the fort, sending minute cracks through the outside, but the rebar that formed the base of the walls held them firm.

Ipsudir switched radio channels.  So the welp had some bite to her after all.  She would have to test that.

“Looks like our guests are getting a little too comfortable.  Why don’t you send them a bit of a welcoming party?”

In one of the many tunnels leading from Fort Garsi to the land below, a gate slid open.   The skakdi who had remotely triggered it from his own iron cage held his breath as the skeletal forms swarmed out of their holding cell.   The energy hounds were barely tame and kept hungry, so it often was a coin toss whether they would attack their handlers along with any invaders.

Luckily, the lead creature had picked up the scent of easier prey.


As T’harrak shouted her plan, she was suddenly interrupted by the baying of creatures on the hunt.  Krex was about to have her cover.


OOC: @Geardirector @Nato G @Snelly @Smudge8 @ARROW404 @Zeal @Visaru

Always wanted to do that.

  • Like 5

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nahikl Ahuum (Spineless Bay, Fort Garsi)

And its off with a bang. A very Skakdi approach, Ahuum thought to themselves as they lingered within the gathered forces under Zanakra's control. They were no combatant; they were an old Skak who did not belong on the battlefield, they didn't even carry a weapon for Irnakk's sake. And yet, many tricks lurked up their sleeves, waiting to be used.

Watching from behind the crowd, utilizing their extraordinary sight to see all that was happening as if they were right in front of it all, it was not hard to make out the rows of traps that laid buried and hidden, nor was it difficult to spy the tunnels that laid deeper below. And one such tunnel it seemed, was beginning to swarm with ravenous beasts. A sneering, thin grin spread across the Nahikl's face as they let a little stuttering chuckle rise up from their throat. 'How conniving', they thought, but it was a hopeless plan now.

Reaching out, their left hand found itself clasped around T'harrak's wrist, clenching with a near vice-like grip. 

"Still your heart T'harrak, before our foes do it for you," Ahuum said, with their usually tone, raspy and annoying, now surprisingly clear and calming. "And also," They added, with that thin, sneering grin on their face widening, "mind granting your elder a little help?" Beginning to mutter in an ancient tongue, mentally reaching out to T'harrak for some sort of connection, they lifted their hand and enforced their will onto the world.

Intent on killing two gukko's with one stone, Ahuum attempted to clear a path towards the fort, lifting what metal debris and nuisances there were and sending them launching over towards where he perceived to be the exit of the tunnel that was soon to be spewing forth hungry hounds. And if any of the explosives went off while he was unearthing them or while they were mid-flight, well... he tried his best.

OOC: @Nato G@Snelly@Mel@Geardirector@Zeal@Smudge8@ARROW404

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 11:10 PM, NorikSigma said:

IC: Vekus - Spineless Bay

Vekus was not pleased with her letter. She looked up at the messenger, his face impassive, before looking back down at the letter. She sighed aloud. Whatever the Broker’s judgement of her, she knew she was not… compromised. At least, not in this instance. After all, she reasoned, folding the letter and tucking it away. If he was truly doubtful, he would not have sanctioned this.

"What are my orders?" she asked the other agent of the Broker.

OOC: @GhosthandsVekus ready for new assignment from NPC agent.

IC: Kihr [Spineless Bay]

The old messenger's face didn't change a bit as Vekus looked up to him, nor when she asked him the obvious follow up. The decrepit man merely stood still, the soft wheezing of a mechanical breathing apparatus rising and falling with a tempo as slow as the tides. After the question, he began to stir from what one might have assumed was a standing slumber. He carefully turned around and began walking away from the setting sun.

"Follow me," his grizzled voice announced. It didn't carry any disdain or intimidation. If anything, it was bored at the prospect of babysitting. Vekus brought this opportunity to the broker, so she had a responsibility to uphold. If it was a mission she believed in, she should have no problem supervising the excavation. The message being carried by an operative more senior (In more than just age) than Vekus was both a blessing and a curse. While he may enough enough to serve on Seprilli's Assembly, any manpower added security.

What was unspoken was that Kihr was an assurance of a certain... compliance. Standards had to be kept - "trust, but verify."

'Cept Broker didn't trust.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Enra (The Place)

“OK, buck up, here we go…” Grumbling, Enra stepped out of the Place’s front entrance to ‘greet’ their ‘guests.’

“Hello, and welcome to the Place. With open bar. I’m Enra, I work here, and you are…?”

@Ghosthands @Smudge8

  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Enra (The Place)

“What, of the same ‘The’ clan? I’ll tell him, alright. You stay out ‘ere.” Enra slid back inside the Place, and went off to inform the Wanderer.

“Boss, there’s a bloke with a shotgun outside saying that one ‘The Broker’ is here to see you. I reckon you two are related?” She couldn’t help but grin smarmily at her own joke.

@Ghosthands@Smudge8

  • Like 4

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Krex (Fort Garsi)

Krex's watch over the ramparts confirmed the foolhardy attackers had at least a few tricks up their sleeve. Well, she did as well, she sent a few grenades sailing toward the spot they were throwing debris to clear a path for the Hounds. Her grip on her launcher tightened as she began firing volleys at Tarrakh and Nakihl, to slow them down. In her other hand she had her Rhotuka firing to lay new mines ahead of them.

OOC: @Mel @Visaru @Nato G @Snelly @Smudge8 @ARROW404 @Zeal @Sparticus147

  • Like 4

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Jojax-Assaulting Fort Garsi

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

As soon as Zanarka gave orders Jojax waas already charging, shooting her firework revolver wildly. Doing a small amount of damage to the area in front of her. 

IC: The Wanderer-The Place

The Wanderer sighed, "I expected he'd come eventually. He sticks his fingers in every pie in the island. He'll proably try and get us indebted to him, which might still be beneficial..." He shrugged. "If he's the one I'm thinking of he'll have little respect for history. Prepare the acolytes in case we have to ask them to leave." He gave Erna a wink before exiting the structure.

"Why Hello!" He said, a large smile on his face. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

  • Like 5

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC (NPC Broker henchman) [The Place]

The Wanderer's jollity was met with the same stony response from the Skakdi henchman as Enra had received.

"Broker wants to talk," he said, sticking a thumb over his shoulder to the cluster of vehicles parked opposite the Place. "Follow me."

The Skakdi turned and began to trudge back towards the convoy.

 

OOC: @Smudge8

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Like 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Mel @Visaru @Nato G @Snelly @Smudge8 @ARROW404 @Zeal @Sparticus147@Geardirector

IC: Gashril - Assaulting Fort Garsi

Looks could often kill on Zakaz. Gashril's looks weren't one of those that could, though, lucky for Zanakra. She had a hard time- and precious little of said time- figuring out what was going through her new boss lady's head just then. Had she picked her crew up for just this? Were they going to end up just being fodder for this attack? Why was their fearless (in the bad sense) leader standing in the middle of the attack if that were the case though? Was she just that desperate to have this fort?

She had more pressing matters on her hands though. The battle was joined, whether she liked it or not. She rubbed her neck. She had one, maybe two sonic blasts left in her. If she held back a while, she might coax out a third after a little recovery. She swore under her breath, now wishing she had taken Zanakra up on her offer for a Sarke match. She cursed again. It was time to act, not think!

The crew she had surrendered to Zanakra nevertheless looked to her. She nodded and pointed her sword toward the fort. They were doing this. At least for now.

"Seeker," she rasped, then pointed to T'harrak, "She wants iron. Give it to her." Jojax didn't stick around for a plan, so he would do instead.

"Lookout," she called for her Skakdi of Air companion- the one who had been harassing Jojax earlier, but was looking quite serious now- "Find me a target on the walls."

He nodded and sprinted off to the side, then stopped, staring intensely at the walls, before quickly diving back to her side. "Stone Skakdi on the ramparts," he told her, pointing to the spot on the walls. He pointed two others off, before she nodded and gestured for him to move out. She nodded at the rest of the crew, those with ranged weapons and laser or heat vision firing into the building.

Taking a step back from the front line, she grabbed her Gravity companion. "I'm going for a look. Hold on to me, and call my name if I'm needed." He nodded and shrugged her up onto his back, while she squinted toward the building. Her vision swam, darkening, before reforming and seeing herself, along with the rest of the Razorfish warband below. Some sort of weapon off to the side, firing off chunks of stone. No, not off to the side, held by the Stone-powered individual. And grenades too, at that. A lot of them, which she watched explode prematurely as Lugnoz and Ythrok combined their powers into a wave of lightning-infused plasma that set them off both prematurely and unevenly, dulling their explosive power drastically. Gashril held her gaze through the eyes of the sentry, watching for any hints she could use to her advantage.

Seeker, the Skakdi of Iron, arrived at T'harrak's side. "I've got iron, how can I help?"

  • Like 4

 

2048935661_signaturepic.thumb.png.21e1a66277c8c8da20efd96d640d8354.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Zanakra - Fort Garsi -

"Hold that thought." Was Zanakra's response to T'harrak. Good ideas were why Zanakra kept people like T'harrak around, however there was a more pressing matter that needed to be attended to first.

Zanakra put away the Cordak Blaster as she pulled out and brandished her signature weapon, her impact hammer. Zanakra snarled as the howls of the energy hounds grew louder. "They really think they can take us down with some mangy mutts?" It was almost insulting.

Zanakra raised up her hammer above her head, holding it with two hands. As the hounds grew close she swung down, the jets on the back end of the hammer head roaring to life as she slammed it into the ground. A shockwave was created from the impact, which spread in the direction of the approaching dogs. 

OOC:  @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147@Mel @Geardirector@Visaru

  • Like 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T’harrak – The Battle Of Fort Garsi

It was all too much, too fast.

Scarcely a minute had passed since she’d been pleading with Zanakra not to start a fight, and now one was in full swing. The baying of hounds and the battle cries of Skakdi mingled with bomb explosions in a discordant cacophony, while the sky over the battlefield filled with spiralling smoke trails, crackling fireworks, and sizzling shards of shrapnel and debris.

T’harrak caught flashes of her companions – the steely expression of Ahuum at her side, Jojax’s wild firing as she charged futilely into the fray, Zanakra hefting her warhammer, Gashril’s people intercepting incoming explosives with a barrage of plasma and lightning – but her gaze didn’t linger on any of them for long. What little concentration she could pull together was dedicated to maintaining her connection with Ahuum… and staving off her growing sense of despair as she realised there wasn’t the slightest semblance of strategy or coordination between most of her companions. Jojax was running off on her own, Zanakra was swinging at the same dogs Ahuum was already targeting, no one was coordinating with anyone else... it was madness.

Lost in her haze of panic and futility, it almost came as something of a relief for T’harrak when a hunk of rock cracked against her shoulder – crumpling the armour and bruising the flesh beneath – the pain helping to ground her, give her something to focus on. A second projectile grazed the side of her head, and it was only Ahuum’s hand still gripping her arm that stopped her from tumbling over entirely as she reeled from the blows.

A part of her wanted to flee, but something even stronger than the old Nakihl’s iron grip on her wrist held her back from doing so. Fear. She was terrified of this fight, even more so of dying in it. But if she ran… what then? Shot in the back for her cowardice? Hunted down by Zanakra for abandoning her? A lifetime of abuse and denigration when her craven choice become known across Zakaz?

No. I chose to be part of this. She’d chosen poorly, perhaps, but she’d chosen nonetheless. She’d wanted to prove herself, to stand strong with the warriors and prove her brains were every bit as valuable as their brawn. I have to live with the consequences. Or die with them.

In a way... was she already a coward? If she'd been brave enough to stand up to Zanakra sooner, to try to talk some sense into her... 

The voice of an unexpected figure at her side stirred her from her grim musings. “I've got iron, how can I help?” One of Gashril's group. 

Iron… but no stone… can’t take down their wall… but we can make one…

She momentarily activated her x-ray vision to ensure they weren’t standing over an existing pit or tunnel that the enemy could collapse out from under them, and that the ground beneath was sturdy enough to take the weight of her plan, before reaching out to Seeker and connecting with him.

“Cover!” Was the only word she managed to offer as she willed a barrier into being, borne of their combined abilities.

It appeared as a )-shaped strip of solid steel rising up in front of T’harrak, Ahuum and Seeker – fifteen metres across, four high, one thick, and wider still at its base to ensure it wouldn’t fall over, with a band of strong but transparent crystal running right across it for those sheltering behind to see through. A layer of lightstone covered the metal on the front of the barricade, offering illumination of the land ahead for those behind the wall, and a distracting blight of blinding brightness for those trying to aim at or near it.

For a moment, at least, it was protection, offering some temporary shelter for the attackers, a distracting target for the defenders, and providing T’harrak the reprieve she desperately needed from the sights and sounds of the battle.

 

OOC: @all of the many, many people involved in this madness. 😅

  • Like 5

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Vekus - Spineless Bay

On 6/27/2022 at 8:07 AM, BULiK said:

"Follow me," his grizzled voice announced.

The Skakdi followed, keeping her posture steady. The Lesterin was a valued and senior agent, and she understood his presence. In all honesty, she was less worried about Kalzok's lead turning up empty or anything similarly unproductive; no, her real worry was that her expertise proved Kalzok's words. This was a sealed ruin. Untouched for centuries. She was as superstitious as the next Skakdi in much the same way, but she doubted she could fight the undisturbed spirits of the dead the same way the average Skakdi was willing to take a fist to the usual restless thing haunting a crypt.

As Vekus followed, she realised the Broker was probably going to send her along on the mission. Which meant she needed to be sure the Broker was sending the right people.

"What personnel will the Broker be providing for the mission, if you know?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...