Jump to content

BZPRPG - Westside Zakaz


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Sohmak - The Battle of Fort Garsi

Had the forces of Fortress Razorfish;Vaa been permitted to engage at a closer range, Sohmak would feel rather more optimistic about his present circumstances. As they stood, the bruiser could've spent a thousand years in the ring and not one second of it could have prepared him for the carnage unfolding; the Spineless Slugger finally found himself in an arena of combat that rendered him almost perfectly useless. The old clubhouse may as well have been in another universe.

On 7/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, ARROW404 said:

"Lookout," she called for her Skakdi of Air companion- the one who had been harassing Jojax earlier, but was looking quite serious now- "Find me a target on the walls."

He nodded and sprinted off to the side, then stopped, staring intensely at the walls, before quickly diving back to her side. "Stone Skakdi on the ramparts," he told her, pointing to the spot on the walls.

His Sonics-attuned hearing found Gashril and Lookout above the cacophony of explosives, firearms and eye beams, and he anchored himself to their efforts.

Sohmak was almost perfectly useless, and he loathed the ways he could be useful. Any ability of his that didn't involve his raw physical prowess hadn't been exercised in years, rather by choice. Given the current situation, he would have to forgive himself the stain on his honour later, assuming he was still alive to do so.

The Bite of Irnakk's Tooth screwed his eyes tightly shut, trying to remember how to flex this particular muscle. At once a wave of nausea washed over him, his eyelids snapping open to reveal tones of deep dark blue, temperate yellow-greens and fiery reds. He looked up towards the ramparts, wavering on his feet, and saw at once why Zanakra's Cordak missiles had fallen short; blistering white-hot lines cut through the air, ending in puffs of crimson where the projectiles had been prematurely detonated. Tracing directly back to Krex.

"THEY'VE GOT HEAT VISION!" Sohmak shouted sort of at Zanakra, sort of at Gashril, sort of almost in a panic. "SETTIN' OFF THE EXPLOSI-OH IRNAKK'S PIS—" The brawler about keeled over, throwing his body to the ground in Gashril's direction in a vague attempt to take cover from the onslaught, his vision fading from Thermal to regular spectrum as he fought and won to keep days of fruits and Miracle Cactus down.

"Oi… Shrill Blade," he finally managed to heave out between breaths, unaware her perspective was elsewhere. "You're a noisy rotter too, eh? How's about we flush the heu:nii out?"

OOC: @ARROW404 @good grief there's a lot of us huh?

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Fort Garsi, Environs (Ipsudir)]

Ipsudir couldn’t see very well in clouds of smoke and dust that were shaking the battle field, but her warriors lower down in the fort informed her that the would-be-invaders were unloading with their full firepower on the area around Fort Garsi.   Their approach was anything but tentative, as assaults on the fort usually were—some Heui:nii trying to sneak through the ocean of traps before opening the fortress from the inside.

In a way, these whelps were doing better than usual.   They were effecting things, setting off traps and blowing vast holes in the landscape.   This was the joy of battle: making a mark on the world around you.  Yet Ipsudir knew better than anyone that some marks took time to make.   Time, and a plan.   And Zanakra the Hammerblunt clearly had no plan.  Ipsudir didn’t just have plans, no, she had contingencies.

It looked like for once she wouldn’t have to use one just yet, however, for the Razorfish “warriors,” in their quest to set off every last trap, had succeeded too well.

The hillsides around Fort Garsi (ah yes, hillsides) were honeycombed with traps, tunnels and trenches.   Even a skakdi with x-ray vision or a lesterin with an akaku would have trouble parsing the shear amount of defenses.  Some of them had been carved out of the bedrock itself, but most had been constructed of loose boulders and gravel.  Add an incline just slight enough to not stand out but just steep enough to have momentum, and you had the recipe for a multi-stage trap.   For the overcautious, there were plenty of traps and hidden sensors, and for the trigger-happy well…the hill wasn’t just filled with traps.  The hill was a trap.

And the little welps were ever so enthusiastic.   Gravity, prematurely exploded grenades, wide shots, vision powers, Zanakra’s hammer…there was just so much force working on the hillsides.  Something had to give.

Only the sonic skakdi were able to catch the minute rumble underlaying the roaring sounds of battle.   The rest of the warband had precious less time to throw themselves behind T’harrak’s wall, which couldn’t have been constructed too soon.

With a groan growing to a roar, the landscape in front of them shifted.  A few of the skakdi throwing vision powers at the ramparts couldn’t move far enough before they were buried under several tons of gravel, bolders, barbed wire, and energy hounds, some of them somehow still living.

The wall shook with the weight of the debris that hit it, but remained firm for the time being.

The skakdi in the iron cage who had released the hounds hand been exposed by the mass of debris sliding off the hill.  He gave his nakihl rifle one final polish before cocking it and fixing the bayonet.   He knew he probably wasn’t going to survive this one, but he’d give these Heau:ni something to remember.  He’s served the Garsis for hundreds of years, and the blood he spilled would be a passage to the hall of his ancestors.



Back inside the fort, Ipsudir turned on her radio, which luckily hadn’t been effected by the crystal shattering that had taken part below.

“Kirik, would you ever so kindly get the cycle going?   I think our guests are looking a little sleepy.   Perhaps they need a little jolt to wake them up.”


OOC: Be careful with fireworks, fellow people. @Nato G @Zeal@ARROW404 @Snelly @Smudge8 @Sparticus147

Oh and @Visaru ? Fire up the hog...😈

  • Like 8

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, NorikSigma said:

IC: Vekus - Spineless Bay

"What personnel will the Broker be providing for the mission, if you know?"

IC: Kihr [Spineless Bay]

"He'll provide enough." Kihr answered. After another deep pump of his internal respirator shifted into a low whine, he elaborated. "You'll see when we reach the rendezvous."

As they continued their solitary eastward trek, the greenery melted away to the more typical mix of dried and dying grasses. Plants slaughtering each other in a constant struggle for the scarcest of resources. Becoming crueler. Growing thorns. Besieging aquifers to starve their neighbors. The fertility of the spineless bay was a facade of normalcy that tired the eyes. Reminded one of what life was supposed to be, instead of the reality it had become.

Kihr held a deep appreciation for this dichotomy between a pastoral history and present's desert of the living.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Jojax-Fort Garsi Assault

As the squad of energy hounds grew closer Jojax snered. It was time to try one of the moves she'd been working on. She channeled her Elemental power into her gloves. She raised her hands into the air and left the ground with a jerk, carried by her hands. She rose over the hounds and took a deep breath, ready to shout her battlecry as she dropped into the pack. 

Then the ground erupted. Jojax reactivated her gloves, dangling over the rockslide like she was holding onto a pullup bar. Once the ground looked somewhat stable she dropped back down and surveyed the scene shouting "Boss! You alright?"

IC: The Wanderer-The place

The wanderer followed briskly. Keeping a smile on his face, and a sharp eye out for trouble. 

  • Like 4

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Kirik [Assault on Fort Garsi]

On 7/3/2022 at 9:02 PM, Mel said:

Back inside the fort, Ipsudir turned on her radio, which luckily hadn’t been effected by the crystal shattering that had taken part below.

“Kirik, would you ever so kindly get the cycle going?   I think our guests are looking a little sleepy.   Perhaps they need a little jolt to wake them up.”

Kirik had been waiting to hear those words for hours. Finally, time for bloodshed. This is what he was made for.

“Time to gift our guests some shock and awe!” His cry turned into a howl as Kirik raised his two good arms above his head: one arm ending with a knife-like prosthetic in lieu of a hand, the mark of an old battle like the one about to commence, his remaining hand clutching the hilt of a rare technological device, its owner slain long ago by one of the Fort’s earlier guardians. 

Meanwhile, his two mechanical limbs clumsily twisted the handlebars of his motorbike Lante, revving its engine with a crackling roar. Behind him, calls and shrieks answered his own, as a small squad of other Skakdi riders mounted cycles and barely tamed Rahi to follow their temporary commander. 

In front of them, attendants heaved on heavy chains to pull open a metal door, revealing the smoking battleground ahead. Now that the hill was collapsed, there was a trap-free path from the gates of the fort to the position of the embattled attackers buried in rubble below. A path that Kirik would make use of before his opponents could.

Without another unnecessary word, he shot forward down the slope of boulders, followed by the others. One crashed spectacularly on the rocks, the slope too treacherous for her vehicle’s wheels, but Kirik stabilized his own handlebars with his good arms and Lante’s spiked wheels kept their traction on the rough path, spitting pebbles behind it as its mounted skulls rattled menacingly. 

Kirik pulled ahead of the other riders and veered to the side, stretching out his one remaining hand and using his knife-hand to push a button on the hilt it held. With a hum and a crackle, a shimmering transparent blade-shaped field burst into being, and it was swiftly filled with a swirling blue-silver substance that hissed and fizzled dangerously.

Kirik’s bike hit a bump and he veered to the side. As he did, his outstretched blade passed through a metal fencepost sticking out out of the rubble, and electricity surged down the conductive post, the buried wires attached to it, and over to the still-standing fence nearby. Kirik’s teeth rattled as he veered to the other side of the path and electrified the fence on the other side of the collapsed hillside too, creating a crackling barrier between the attackers and the fort. Although the barrier was broken by the rubble from the small avalanche, some of it was buried below the broken rock and dirt, with electrified strands not far below the surface.  

As Kirik swerved pack into position at the front of his crew and barreled straight for the mostly buried defensive wall that T’harrak had erected, he shouted out a chant in the ancient Skakdi tongue: “Raa Kihl:Jin!” Although many of the warriors behind Kirik who joined in the chant didn’t know it, they wouldn’t be surprised to find that it translated to something like, “Taste my lightning!” 

OOC 
TLDR: Kirik is riding a motorcycle, armed with an Electrochute Blade, and accompanied by a few other Skakdi on mounts of various kinds, all charging towards the defenders (although they haven’t reached them yet.) Kirik used his blade to electrocute some of the metal fences ringing the fort on his way there.


In case it helps, here’s a super beautiful map (not to scale) of how I’m imagining the battlefield right now. Please correct me if I got something wrong!

========================Fort=Garsi=Walls============================

                                                       O o O o O o o O O

                                                   O Collapsed Hillside o O

- - - - -Electrified fence- - -   O O O o O o O o o O O o o O  - - -More Electrified fence- - -

                                               O o o O |Kirik and crew| O o O       

                                             o O o O o o O o o O o O o O o O o                                                     

                                            o O o O ==T'harrak's wall== O O o

  • Like 6

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

IC: Nahikl Ahuum (Spineless Bay - Fort Garsi)

Power coursed through the Nahikl as they tore a path in the metal-littered landscape. With a wide-craven grin, they were for a moment lost in the euphoria of it all, till a stone shot from the battlements struck them in the shoulder, with a harsh crack sounding from the impact. Immediately, Ahuum lost their concentration and scrambled to cower behind their fellow Skak. Gritting their fangs, the old Skak snarled as they remembered what they are now and not what they were once before. They weren't a warrior; they're a conniver, a manipulator, a torturer and a shrewd wretch.

They had just rushed to the front of the line like some sort of brazen champion, and for what? A broken collarbone and not a single howl of agony yet? 'Pity!' Ahuum thought as they pressed their left hand to the broken bone, gripping the two ends into alignment as they channeled their strength into mending it. For now, a misaligned collar was going to be a much better alternative than a broken one.

Looking back up towards the battle at hand, or at least what Zanakra might call a battle, Ahuum witnessed as, just in the nick of time, T'harrak erected the massive bulwark that had just saved herself, the other Skak, and Ahuum as well from being buried. It was thankful that there was at least one Skak here who could think beyond bludgeoning the nearest thing. Clawing back up from the ground they were sat upon, they peered through the window T'harrak had left for what they had to presume was the other Skakdi's sake and saw what was rapidly approaching. Bikes.

"Bah~Ahuum said allowed. They never liked the use of vehicles or firearms in battle, it made it so much less personal, took away the visceral edge of it. Regardless though of their feelings about them, Ahuum still recognized the threat that a gang of them can be... And the tremendous weakness they shared as the old Nahikl looked towards the iron wall they hid behind. With their fierce, thin grin returning to their face once again, Ahuum jumped up towards the side of the iron Skakdi and practically snatched their wrist with hardly a word, only their subtle, yet forceful will making it clear what they wanted as they pressed their hand to the barrier.

Though it would not be immediately noticeable to the squad of bikers, as they got closer to the iron wall that faced them, the outcome of the Nahikl's actions would become all too clear, as there was little way for them to keep from crashing over themselves as the wall, now made into an oversized magnet, snatch at their metal vehicles to draw them close.

OOC: @Nato G @Visaru @ARROW404

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

IC: Zanakra - Fort Garsi -

The hill itself rose against the warlord, or at least that's the way Zanakra saw it as the earth began to violently move and shift. If Zanakra felt fear in that moment she certainly didn't show it. Perhaps she was truly as insane and fearless as she looked.

A Zanakra slammed her hammer into a rock that was flying towards her, destroying it, before using her impact vision on more debris coming her way as she scrambled to find cover. She only had moments to figure out something.

Zanakra quickly slid towards a large boulder that was sticking out of the ground, sliding behind it as the massive wave of landscape came crashing down, even the boulder wasn't big enough to not get swallowed by the endless amount of rock, gravel, and other debris, but it shielded Zanakra from the worst of it. The warlord used her impact vison to try and stop the mass from burying her but eventually she was covered. 

Once everything had settled it was eerily silent where Zanakra had once been. Was this it? Was this how the young warlord would meet her end? 

The loose debris of gravel and rock began to stir, before there was a small explosion of flying debris. Zanakra slowly climbed out of the newly made hole, thanks to her impact vision. She was blooded, bruised, and scratched, but very much alive. She slowly stood up as she surveyed the new landscape, she rested her hammer against her shoulder, grinning despite her injuries. 

Ipsudir was a cunning warlord, with plans, contingences, and schemes no doubt. It was clearly she'd become a warlord through strategy and intellect, using her wits to outsmart her enemies, Zanakra could respect that in a way. 

But that wasn't Zanakra, she didn't get to where she was through planning, she had subordinates who could do that sort of thing for her. No, she was a woman of action, of strength. She showed her dominance through sheer force and strength of will. Perhaps someone like Ipisudir would find her to be a fool, but it had gotten her this far, and she was willing to see how much farther it would take her. 

She looked towards the fort where Ipsudir was most likely watching, at the electric fence and Skakdi on the cycle and sneered. She gave the nastiest grin she could as she simply raised her hand and gestured for her enemies to come at her, taunting them. 

OOC:  @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147@Mel @Geardirector@Visaru

  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147@Mel @Snelly@Geardirector@Visaru

IC: Gashril

The bruiser with the arms covered in metal, Sohmak, offered to make some noise with her. She had been so fixated on her damaged voice that simply using her element had slipped her mind. And here was a fellow Sonics Skak:Dii. It had been a long time since she had battled using pure, unaided elemental energy, the idea brought a grin to her toothy maw. "That sounds-"

Before she could answer though, the world turned upside down. Having little choice, she released her vision power to try and get an idea of what was happening. The ground had given way beneath them- another of Garsi's defense measures, no doubt. She gripped the arm of the Skak:dii of Earth who was piggybacking her, and the two reached out quickly. Mixing Earth with Sonics in this situation wasn't ideal, but it was a sight better than fire, plasma, or lightning.

The collapsing earth all around them slowed, screaming as it did so. She kept the sound in the lower frequencies, but presently in the middle of tumbling head over heels, she couldn't keep the sound to a lower level. All attempt to communicate would have to wait until she and her partner finished their manipulation, but the landslide was now no longer deadly at least. They held their position for the moment, letting their allies caught in the trap get themselves free before they could start to pack it all together safely.

Those closest to the fort had been hit the worst, the partnered-up plasma and lightning Skaks trapped underneath the now slowly shifting rubble. Through the irritating sound, they managed to blast their way free though, a little singed and banged up, but raring to go. The others were taking care of the oncoming bikers, but someone had to handle the grenades, rock launchers, and other projectiles headed their way, so they got right back to it, laying out their mixed powers like a shield between the fort and their allies once more.

  • Like 5

 

2048935661_signaturepic.thumb.png.21e1a66277c8c8da20efd96d640d8354.png

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T’harrak – The Battle Of Fort Garsi

For a brief, beautiful moment, T’harrak felt her tension trickle away, replaced by a growing sense of confidence and control. No longer was she fluttering from one frantic thought to the next; now she had something clear and concrete to focus on.

She’d done something. She hadn’t wasted time waiting for approval, or overthinking herself into being too doubtful to do it. She hadn’t wasted her breath pitching ideas to allies too busy chasing personal glory to contemplate working together. She’d just trusted her gut and done something. Something that would help more than just herself.

“Thank you,” she said to Seeker, turning towards her newly-made window onto the battlefield… just in time to see the entire surrounding hillside come crashing downwards, cascading over the combatants. Dirt and debris and the dreadful roar of roiling rubble filled the air, and T’harrak squeezed her eyes shut, throwing up her arms to shield her face as she braced for impact.

But it never came.

She lowered her arms.

Cracked open an eyelid.

Blinked through the drifting dust.

The window before her was spiderwebbed with slim fissures, with shards of shattered lightstone and tangled tufts of wire, crushed between rock and dirt, all pressed up against the barrier… but the wall had still managed to hold.

But the ever-relentless pace of the battlefield offered her little opportunity to dwell on her small victory. The next envoys of strife were already on their way, in the form of rahi riders and sonic cycles careening over the canvas of carnage.  

T’harrak loaded an empty zamor into her launcher, then flipped open her satchel and sifted through the compartments within that housed the pouches of powders she used for ammunition. Salt… dirt… metal filings… lightstone powder… No. She sighed. We’re past the point of warning shots and non-lethals.

She picked out a pouch of najin powder, and poured it into the zamor sphere.

The warriors coming her way were going to fight to kill.

She had no choice but to return the favour.

  • Like 4

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Jojax-Fort Garzi Assault

Jojax heard the rumbling of engines as the battlebikers headed towards Jojax's position. "Oh yea!" She shouted as she began to charge. "Now this is more like it!"

But instead of running foreward she began to slide backwards along the ground. Before she could react Jojax tripped and went hurtling back towards the magnetized wall, eventualy impacting with a thud. "You've got Karzin friends on the other side of this wall!" She shouted to no one in particular. It took some effort to peel herself off of the wall and...Stand Up? This was dissorienting. Under the infuence of the magnetic field the wall had become the floor, the collapsed hillside was a wall, and a collection of Skakdi and Bikes were falling out of the 'sky'. Jojax smied and deployed her floating gloves, getting ready to repeatedly punch the next opponent to get in range. This was going to be like when she used her impact vision to shoot Makuta fish in an aquarim that one time.

OOC:  @ARROW404@Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147@Mel @Geardirector@Visaru @Snelly

  • Like 3

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC| Kirik

As the riders barreled down the slope of jagged rocks toward the invaders, not one of them realized at first that the slight boost to their speed was caused by an unexpected magnetic force pulling them toward the bunker. 

A red Skakdi warrior with a missing arm was the first to notice. He pulled his vehicle around an especially large boulder, and found that his ability to pull himself back into formation was heavily hampered by the invisible magnetic force. So instead of heroically just barely dodging the jagged metal beam sticking out of the dirt, he instead shot himself right into it, breaking his vehicle in two and impaling himself on the pointy edge of the spike. His scream was barely noticed, but then another rider found their vehicle out of control, they hit a rocky dip wrong, their front wheel turned sideways, and they crashed spectacularly. Another rider leapt of his vehicle as it began to crash, but wasn’t expecting the magnetic force to pull his bike into his back and pull him toward the bunker. More fell as projectiles sent by the enemy slammed into them and their bikes. But no matter. They were warriors. Casualties were expected. 

As Kirik felt the strange force tug on his vehicle, he immediately gave up trying to save it and dropped off his bike, sliding through the pebbles on all six limbs, letting his bike skid sideways as the magnetic force tugged it forward. He waited until he had just enough momentum to keep up on his feet before shifting himself into a stumbling, erratic run as he weaved and hopped across the rubble toward the enemy, electro blade and metal knives raised. Seeing him, some of his other fellows did the same maneuver, avoiding their bike crashes. Those that survived their crashes were back on their feet fast, limping toward their enemy with none of their vigor for battle emptied, the magnetic force helping pull them forward despite their injuries.

The few riders on the backs of beasts carried on almost unimpeded. Their mounts, Zakaz-native tiger-like Rahi accurately dubbed Daggerclaws, made their way along by gripping the boulders with their muscular bladed claws, resisting the pull of the magnetism until they reached the still recovering forces with ferocious pounces. Not far behind were the remaining riders, now on foot. Some lost their footing and found themselves pulled straight toward the magnetized bunker and Jojax’s waiting fists, but others managed to leap over the bunker, escaping the magnetic field and landing among their enemies. 

Kirik did not waste his time. He saw Zanakra’s taunt, saw her crawl out of the mountainside alive, and knew at once she was the most glorious combatant on the battlefield. Without dropping to a speed slower than an outright run since leaving the gates of the fortress, he threw himself off the top of a large boulder, leaping through the air straight toward Zanakra, each bladed arm aiming straight for the upstart warlord.  

 

OOC: So some (changing the percentage to be unspecified for Mel to decide) of the NPCs have been taken out by crashes and projectile fire or ensnared by the magnetic field, the rest have reached the invaders and are fighting with something to prove! @Snelly @Smudge8@Nato G @ARROW404 @Sparticus147 and everyone else involved in this battle.

Edited by Visaru
  • Like 6

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sohmak - The Battle of Fort Garsi

If not for Gashril and her companion, the earthen onslaught would have almost certainly buried the brawler; their slowing of the collapse gave Sohmak a literal fighting chance, batting away the smaller rocks with his mighty Protosteel exo-gauntlets and throwing devastating (if panicked) haymakers at the larger boulders that bore down on him, decimating them to more manageable chunks that piled around his feet.

Still he didn't escape unscathed, battered, bruised and a smidge bloodied. But no less fighting fit; it would take more than the earth swallowing him up to keep the Sonic Striker down. Sohmak clanged the Sluggers together, sparks flying as he roared with a furor he'd not displayed before, in or out of the ring. As much an intimidation display as a desperate attempt to mask his growing terror.

Dealing with the wretch in the ramparts would now have to wait, however. As Ahuum's magnet-trick on T'harrak's bunker threw the motorcycle assault into disarray, one of the riders-come-runners found their trajectory veering off from their squad, in an uncontrolled sprint towards Gashril and co. The two Tahtorak campers otherwise occupied with cleaning up the collapse, Sohmak allowed himself the focus of a singular opponent.

And at once was his mind clear. No mad trapmasters, no imploding hillsides, no bloody fortress politics. A Skakdi, and another Skakdi, and a great violence building between them. The Sarke champion relished the feeling. This was bliss. This was--

Not Sarke. His mind clouded over again with new feelings. Dread and disgrace. Sohmak had seen what the Sluggers could do to great boulders and thick steel. He'd thought sparingly about what they'd do to flesh and Protodermis, what the act of killing, of breaking the second of the only two rules he'd ever lived by would feel like. He had about six seconds to consider the possibilities before the Garsi rider closed the distance.

Sohmak planted his feet firmly, winding back his arm. The exoskeleton supporting the hulking metal fist whirred with menace, a metallic chunk sounding as the armature locked into place. The bruiser zeroed his foe, his mad dash leaving little room for evasive manoeuvring... and closed his eyes.

As he loosed the ruinously powerful punch with a frightful yell, he wondered if the mechanisms would translate his holding-back-the-blow at all.

OOC: @Mel @Geardirector @Visaru @Snelly @Nato G @Sparticus147 @Smudge8 @ARROW404

I didn't miss anyone right? 😅

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[Fort Garsi, Environs (Ipsudir/NPC)]
Somak did well to understand this was not Sarke, but not well enough.   War was more than learning to kill your enemies, it was learning to see them not as individuals, but as obstacles, and right now Sohmak one obstacle that the stone skakdi on their bike was not keen to run into. They couldn’t exactly swerve around with the force pulling them towards the wall, but they could do one thing.

They could go faster.

The skakdi gunned the throttle about two seconds before impact and leaned to the left, sending them at a slightly different angle to the wall, straight past Sohmak, straight towards the group that lay huddled behind it. There was no turning back now.   The skakdi braced for impact, but they kept their eyes open.

Sohmak opened his eyes to grit and dust and empty air.

Ipsudir was going to have to give Kirik a stern talking to, she thought.   Probably with some fist thrown in.   She had told him to corral the invaders, drive them into the waiting mouth of the trap that had been rehearsed many a time, but instead he had leaped at the first opportunity to prove himself worthy by fighting Zanakra.

It was a pity she could not have raised Zanakra under her wing, as one of her own warriors.   The welp had the ambition certainly, and the skill and toughness needed.   No warlord, but a warrior certainly—one that would have to be taught a few lessons after she inevitably tried to take Ipsudir’s place.

But that was not to be.

Ipsudir was a thinker, not an intellectual.   She had never dwelt on the intricacies of art or pondered the fabric of the universe.   She knew the way the world worked; it was built of iron and blood, as it should should be.  As one battlewife had found out at the cost of her eyes, Ipsudirs habit of strategy did not mean she could not fight.  Ipsudir was a warlord, a warlord did not let subordinates do the thinking for her.  That was asking for knife in the back, as she would know, having been the holder of the knife in times before.   Zanakra could not lead by example, for her lackeys were Crieb:dii and fools, more enamored of their own unblemished skins than the battlefield.

Ipsudir loved Sarke, but she understood what it was.   It was a game, played with fist and blade instead of stones, and it was a hobby dear to her.   But a hobby of warriors was the profession of fools.  Ipsudir did not teach her warriors with Sarke.   She did not teach them to fight.   She taught them to kill, to kill and to kill, to turn your enemies into rahi before you on the glut of your slaughter.   This was war, this was the glory under which Lamo-Lyco-Zakaz was won, Irnakk:Dii’s blood price.

This was not Sarke.

The companions of the Tatorahk camp fought defensively, each according to their skill, as they had been taught.   But no matter how much they shoveled out, the ship was sinking.   This was not spineless bay, where the cover was plenty and the waters murky, easy to slip into and away from a fight.   This was the badlands, and it did not like to spit out what it had already swallowed.   Earth and stone mixed here, making the construction of a barrier made of only earth slow and laborious.

Lugnoz, pulling herself upright, started to cough.   He didn’t stop, the blood poured out of the wound in his throat and drowned his lungs and he kept coughing and coughing until there was no life left to cough out.  The shot echoed around the canyon, but it followed the bullet, too late to change the outcome.

In exposed cage on the hill, the old skakdi reloaded his najin rifle, and cocked it again with a smooth, practiced motion.

Ythrok frantically grasped for power that was not there, the next grenade was not halted.   She soon joined her partner on the ground, torso caved in and distended.

“CRIEB:DII! THIS LAND IS NOT FOR THE WEAK-SEEDED!”

The skakdi of plasma who had originally crashed her bike had recovered, and managed to draw the attention of with her loud yelling and equally loud orange and pink armor.  She was currently embroiled in a struggle with a large sundew plant, which was attempting to simultaneously drown and strangle her. But her hand was free, and that was all she needed.

BANG! Her shotgun siphoned a small amount of her latent elemental power, coating the shell and almost melting it as it streaked through water, evaporating it, and blew off the shoulder of the skakdi of water who was half of her current predicament.   As she fired, she charged her lazer vision, aiming straight for her opponents head.

This was not Sarke.
 
Three skakdi were pulled to where Jojax waited on the wall—one grabbed the other’s wrist, turning the skid into a controlled glide as their powers of earth and stone worked upon the landscape around them.  The tips of their short, basket-hilted lances gleamed as they advanced, the beginning of vision powers gleaming in their eyes.   These were not the blunt weapons of Sarke—they were designed to kill, and kill fast, without the added trouble of having to strangle someone.

The third party member did not go as smoothly down the slope, but despite an obviously sprained ankle and dented bone white armor, his mouth was open in a malicious grin, swinging a rotating chain sword in her direction. All the skakdi’s weapons were pulled by the wall too, but they let them move, drawing closer, all pointed at Jojax’s chest.

She had been right, in a way.

But she was the fish.


Two skakdi sprinted forward on their daggertooth mounts, one blue shot with silver, the other deep gunmetal and black.  Fasil and Kerigor, they were called, and they had been hand picked by Ipsudir for their intelligence and ferocity, as well as the particular way their powers complimented each other. Fasil rode in front, her spinning razor-lined shield occasionally deflecting a beam from the attackers’ vision powers.   Kerigor had weapons too, a well made najin shotgun that he been using to splatter the brains of any of zanakra’s coterie that got too close.  He holstered it and put a hand on his spiked mace as if to draw it, but it was a ruse.

As they charged toward the wall, Kerigor took a hold of Fasil’s elbow instead, and their powers ran together and bloomed.   This was no frantic grab at anything that could give them an advantage—this was practiced, rehearsed.  Electricity and magnetism (true magnetism, not a facsimile forged of gravity and iron) ran together, supporting and strengthening each other.   A sphere of deadly force formed around the riders, flickering with ice-blue streaks of light.

Fortunately for Jojax (and indeed, the people who were intent on impaling her), the iron wall was not designed to conduct electricity the way the fences had been.   They felt only a diffused buzz as the remaining wall not submerged in dirt buckled and split, allowing the two riders to leap down into the clump of Zanakra’s forces, carrying their deadly aura with them.

“Krex, stay up on the wall with Srednak.   You know what to do when I give the word.”

Ipsudir headed downstairs.   It was time to deal with this herself.

OOC: Hoo boy, so I know this was a lot.  I generally prefer to ask forgiveness rather than permission when it comes to combat.   If the staff ask me to edit, I will, but otherwise I’m going to stick to my guns. @Snelly and @Visaru, you're on your own for now--have fun.

@Smudge8 @Nato G @Sparticus147 @Zeal I know a lot is happening and the urge to post is great, but please let @Geardirector have a turn posting as Krex before responding to all this that is happening.   I also have several things to point out as well.

1) @ARROW404 Think of it this way, you don’t have to come up with so many npc names now. :]

2) Ipsudir’s warriors are trained and experienced, they have taken apart fortresses before and have defended against attacks much more organized than this one.    They are trained just not in strategy, but in tactics.   They know how to react to changes in situation and have systematic ways of dealing with you.   If your character try to blunder their way through danger with only pro-wrestling experience, they will not be saved by luck.   They will just die.

3) Power joining has been a thing for a while.   As a hope you saw, your enemies can do it too, and they practiced with it as well.

4) The forces of Fort Garsi have a home turf advantage—they know the terrain, which is quite different from what you are used to, and they have technology and powers suited to it.

5) Consider running away—after all, Zanakra is the only one who is really committed to this battle, and there’s more of you than her. :] Also, you might find allies in the strangest places.   I think there’s a certain lady to the east with a very personal stake in seeing Ipsudir die, as @Palm can attest to.  One even might say that running into each other, both broken and licking your wounds, would be a great story moment…

Edited by Mel
  • Like 9

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

IC: Krex (Assault on Fort Garsi)

It had been a lot of activity in just a few moments for Krex. She often had a problem going even a day or two without wishing for a real fight to break out so the days would pass by a little bit faster. Testing her perimeter defenses could only provide so much amusement for a day or two. She didn't regret wishing for that now that they had someone foolhardy enough to actually put the fort's reputation to the test, just that she hadn't done even more tests.

As Kirik rode out to lead a bike squadron on an intercept course, Krex had been piling fire and the occasional explosive onto the main scene of the action she saw. That was rapidly proving less and less effective, the attackers were pairing up, using their elemental powers to respond and keep the damage being sent towards them well out of reach of them. Krex privately wished she could have that sort of ability just by herself.

The walls were getting hammered. Not much was sticking, but the shockwaves of the action coming upon the ramparts and the piles of churned and upturned earth and mud and dust were almost burying it, if it kept up like this.

"Right, boss" Krex andswered to Ipsudir's command. Her mind was already taken with an idea that she was formulating.

"Srednak," she barked, "help me out here. The Skadki of Iron she had been left beside nodded, and they approached each other, purpose clear with just a few gestures from The Fuse.

The large boulder that Zanakra had used as cover for the landslide earlier shook and wrenched itself loose, rising out from the dirt, and was tossed right at her.


OOC: @Snelly @Visaru @Smudge8 @Nato G @Sparticus147 @Zeal @Mel @ARROW404 here we are. Apologies for the long wait. Do absolutely let me know if anything here needs to be fixed up.

Edited by Geardirector
  • Like 7

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Trava-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: T’harrak – The Battle Of Fort Garsi

It took a few seconds for T’harrak to make sense of what happened next. The ranks of incoming riders began to skitter and slide, falling – or flying? – from their saddles. The sight made slightly more sense when Jojax came slamming into the wall a second later, shouting all the while: Ahuum and Seeker were magnetising the barrier.

It was a small disruption to the enemy advance, but it forcefully brought an unwanted degree of extra enemy attention bearing down on the barrier, and came nowhere close to turning the tide. At this point, T’harrak realised, nothing would. Zanakra had flung her forces into the fray without any kind of plan or preparation. They didn’t have the numbers or firepower, and certainly not the coordination, to turn this slaughter into a success.

Already, some of the dismounted riders were clawing or clambering over the wall, leaping down upon those sheltering behind it. One toothy Ta-Skak started to leer over directly above T’harrak, brandishing a brutal blade, and she fired her launcher on reflex, wincing as warm wetness rained down on her as a result. She had only a split second to process what she'd just done before the sounds of screeching tyres and scraping dirt caught her attention as one of the cycles circled wide, away from the worst of the magnetism, screaming past Sohmak’s attempt to intercept it and veering around the wall towards T’harrak and her companions.

She flung herself out of its path, meeting with a bruised face and a mouthful of dirt as she dived headlong into the hard ground. She dazedly heard cries somewhere behind her as the bike collided with other Skakdi – her allies or her enemies, she wasn’t sure. The sounds were already being drowned out by the bending and buckling of metal as more Skakdi attackers broke through a section of the barrier further along, a pair of rahi riders wreathed in an aura of awful.

As she forced herself to her feet, T'harrak's bleary eyes spotted Seeker among those still standing. “Get to Gashril and Sohmak,” she coughed as she staggered over to him, pointing past the barricade to where the two De-Skakdi were positioned, “We’re leaving. Without Zanakra.”

For a brief moment, she looked into the Fe-Skakdi’s eyes, searching for some sign of judgement or indecision. She didn’t know him, didn’t know what to expect. She didn’t need to be told that her command was a craven one, a betrayal of everything they’d all agreed to when they’d entered Zanakra’s service. Her words were scarcely spoken, but already she could feel the guilt and shame of her disloyalty welling within her. But even those feelings were drowned out by a far stronger conviction, an unwavering certainty that this was the only chance for herself and the others to escape.

T’harrak knew Zanakra well enough to understand that she was never going to give an order to retreat. Preoccupied as she was with her personal battle, she probably wasn’t even aware of the dire plight of her pawns. But someone had to make the call, or everyone here was going to die. And leaving the battle’s instigator to be captured or killed by the fighters of Fort Garsi was likely the only thing that might keep them from cutting down the others as they ran.

“Retreat!” She called through the chaos, ducking as a wayward blade swung her way from one direction, crying out as a stray blast of something snagged her shoulder from another, scorching her armour, “Full retreat!”

She hoped someone could hear her.

She hoped they would listen.

She didn't want to run alone. 

 @Smudge8 @Sparticus147 @Zeal  @ARROW404 

  • Like 5

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sohmak - The Battle of Fort Garsi

Sohmak was a fighter, sure, but a warrior? Far from it.

The brawler stood stock-still, panting heavily, dreading the wretched and bloody sight that would greet him once he dared open his eyes; a Skakdi soldier, or at least part of one, wrapped around his cursed iron fist. And yet, when he finally dared, there was nothing to see. Sohmak snapped out of his stance, turning over his shoulder to see the rider barrelling at increasing speed towards his comrades cowering behind the wall.

On the far side more riders, of bike and beast alike, began to scramble over and engage. Jojax stood on the far side - on the far side - fighting with the fury of her forefathers. For a split-second Sohmak felt something like amusement, and perhaps a little swell of pride, before drowning in dread once more. Fort Garsi were giving far better than they were getting and the Spineless Slugger was stuck right out in the open, anticipating getting his head scooped off by a stray rock or explosive any moment.

He looked to Zanakra out of a desperate hope that she would begin actually leading her thrall, reverse their rout and turn the tide of battle. Instead he found the warlord engaged in single combat with some four-armed maniac, thoroughly uninterested in the un-progress of their assault.

Blinded by her bloodlust. Utterly insane.

His gaze found T'harrak now, wagering she was the only Razorfish;Vaa Skakdi managing to keep her head amidst the chaos, and knowing that was a tall ask at best. She was... giving orders? to Seeker, who turned in their direction. Sohmak hoped the both of them could read his face from that far away, looking from the two back to Zanakra, the crazed warlord who lead them to this slaughter.

This ain't worth our lives! She ain't!

This was too much.

Simply too much.

It took everything he had not to just fall to his knees.

His elementally attuned ears pricked up, finding a voice under all the havoc.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:16 AM, Nato G said:

“Retreat!” She called through the chaos, ducking as a wayward blade swung her way from one direction, crying out as a stray blast of something snagged her shoulder from another, scorching her armour, “Full retreat!”

Another day, Sohmak told himself. You can be a warrior another day.

Before Seeker could even begin to fetch them, he had turned to his companions. "Gashril! Lookout! We're gettin' outta 'ere!" Without looking to see if they had chosen to follow or stay and fight, he broke into a sprint, in a direction halfway between "towards T'harrak" and "away from Fort Garsi". Even with the Sluggers strapped to his body, he could still outpace just about anyone in a short burst.

Sohmak fought down terror and shame in equal measure, and prayed he'd escape to reconcile them both.

OOC: @Snelly @Nato G @ARROW404

Edited by Zeal
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Jojax- Battle of Fort Garsi

The sounds and explosions of battle asaulted Jojax's ears. She had gone into this hoping to prove her worth after her previous Sarke failure, but this was nothing like Sarke at all. Bloodcurtling screams replaced the cheers, the battlefield kept shifing under her feet before she could adapt. Dad had always described combat as a complex dance, by comparison this was a bunch of Kinderskak's screaming and chasing each other. 

Jojax rapidly fired her impact vision, disorienting the foes falling down on her, giving her enough time to dodge the two spears. The third skakdi swiped at her with his sword, cutting a gash across her torso. Jojax grit her teeth and activated her mask to enhance her streingth. She grabed the chainsaw skakdi by the wrist and flung him at the two with spears. 

Suddenly a call came from over tha wall. "Retreat! Full Retreat!"

What?  Jojax thought to herself. The fight just started!

  • Like 3

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Zanakra - Fort Garsi -

Time seemed to slow as Zanakra watched Kirik leap at her with all abandon. Now that was a warrior she could respect, one without fear. She grinned even as she fired her impact vision right at the warrior's chest. 

Zanakra didn't have time to enjoy the results however, as the large boulder she had used for cover previously began to float in the air, before being tossed right towards her. She acted on instinct and muscle memory as she quickly swung her hammer at the boulder. As her hammer made contact a shockwave coursed through the rock, causing it to shatter into many pieces and chunks. They flew in all directions, some smacking into Zanakra, and most likely hitting Kirik as well. 

Zanakra barely felt the rocks hit her, though they most certainly gave her some more scrapes and bruises, injuring her further. Her adrenaline and bloodlust simply prevented her from noticing the pain. She stood her ground, still holding her hammer in both hands as she panted.

Zanakra may have been focused on the battle in front of her, but the absence of aid from her 'allies' did not go unnoticed. As crazy as the warlord was, she could not blame them. Even she knew there was a good chance she wouldn't come out of this alive. But she hadn't made it this far in life by being careful, if you wanted to put your mark in this world you had to take risks, do what no one else dared. 

Whether or not she lived or died was no concern, she just wanted to win this fight. Kirik having help wouldn't discourage her, in fact it did the opposite. 

"Come on then warrior..." She said between breaths. "...let's dance." 

OOC:  @ARROW404 @Smudge8 @Nato G @Zeal @Sparticus147@Mel @Geardirector@Visaru

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...