The mysteries of the Kanohi on the island of Mata Nui.

Hi, guys. I have been thinking. In the 2001 story arc, the Toa have to collect 30 Great Kanohi to complete their quest. They also have to collect 36 Noble Kanohi to get the Great ones. I wonder where do these masks come off. Vakama stopped making masks after the Mask of Time, right? I think Artahka may have made these masks and teleported them to the island to test the Toa Mata’s abilities. Do you think that the Toa Mata either borrowed the Turaga’s masks or just have thr Turaga use their masks to help the Toa a little bit? When the Toa Mata exchanged their new masks with the Golden Kanohi, the non-Golden ones disappeared. When the Toa Mata became the Toa Nuva, they have to collect 30 Kanohi Nuva. My theory is that Artahka had turned the extra Great Kanohi that the Toa collected in the 2001 story arc into the new Kanohi Nuva. I know that the Turaga keep the extra Noble Kanohi. 

Are any of these things explained? That’s something that I’m wondering about.

Edited by Lenny7092
Grammar mistake.
  • Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The Toa Metru brought all the masks they could with them from Metru Nui to Mata Nui, and hid them across the island - those are the masks that the Toa Mata later searched for.

Artakha did create the additional 30 Kanohi Nuva and teleport them to the island of Mata Nui (though I'm not sure why he hid them...), though he didn't make them from existing masks.

• Like 2

sigbanner.gif

On 9/3/2021 at 12:01 PM, TuragaNuva said:

The Toa Metru brought all the masks they could with them from Metru Nui to Mata Nui, and hid them across the island - those are the masks that the Toa Mata later searched for.

Artakha did create the additional 30 Kanohi Nuva and teleport them to the island of Mata Nui (though I'm not sure why he hid them...), though he didn't make them from existing masks.

That is what I understand too. 

As for the noble masks though, that area is a little less defined. Did the Rahi steal the noble masks from the Turaga and hide them on the island? I see no reason for the Turaga to have hid masks that would have been useful for themselves. Then again I guess they were still Toa Metru when they went about hiding the Great Kanohi to be fair...

• Like 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 6 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 6:58 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Hi, guys. I have been thinking. In the 2001 story arc, the Toa have to collect 30 Great Kanohi to complete their quest. They also have to collect 36 Noble Kanohi to get the Great ones. I wonder where do these masks come off. Vakama stopped making masks after the Mask of Time, right? I think Artahka may have made these masks and teleported them to the island to test the Toa Mata’s abilities. Do you think that the Toa Mata either borrowed the Turaga’s masks or just have thr Turaga use their masks to help the Toa a little bit? When the Toa Mata exchanged their new masks with the Golden Kanohi, the non-Golden ones disappeared. When the Toa Mata became the Toa Nuva, they have to collect 30 Kanohi Nuva. My theory is that Artahka had turned the extra Great Kanohi that the Toa collected in the 2001 story arc into the new Kanohi Nuva. I know that the Turaga keep the extra Noble Kanohi. 

Are any of these things explained? That’s something that I’m wondering about.

It’s a possibility, or maybe the Kanohi were kept elsewhere? I always thought the Kanohi Nuva were the masks the Toa were wearing when they defeated the Bahrag queens

• Like 1

@egodfrey72 Please do not

9c06c5388a[1].png

Edited by Lorentz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 3/12/2022 at 7:10 AM, egodfrey72 said:

It’s a possibility, or maybe the Kanohi were kept elsewhere? I always thought the Kanohi Nuva were the masks the Toa were wearing when they defeated the Bahrag queens

The Golden Kanohi turned into the Toa’s primary Kanohi Nuva when they defeated the Bahrag. The non-golden normal Great Kanohi were teleported to Artakha in exchange for the Golden Kanohi.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 3/22/2022 at 6:38 PM, Lenny7092 said:

The Golden Kanohi turned into the Toa’s primary Kanohi Nuva when they defeated the Bahrag. The non-golden normal Great Kanohi were teleported to Artakha in exchange for the Golden Kanohi.

Ok, that makes sense since that was the last thing that they were wearing before they were mutated by the protodermis.

Edited by egodfrey72

• 2 weeks later...

What if, instead of Kanohi Nuva getting randomly teleported to the island by Artahka (which is a pretty big plot hole), all of their masks were simply upgraded via an energy surge that happened when their Symbols appeared at their Suvas? And then instead of searching for masks again, they would search for their new weapons, which would have been brought and by the Turaga from Metru Nui. As for why they never told the Toa about these weapons in 2002/2003, they mostly didn't want the Toa to start asking too many questions, and they had their own weapons already anyway. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually i think Artakha already had plans for the a type of Nuva mask since it just means new in the matoran language (as a form of contingency mask designs that would fit whatever evolution the toa mata would go through) but they probably were kept with so he could be teleported when they would evolve and were needed.

Besides if he was already "expecting them" when they visit him in the story and had the adaptive armor lying around waiting for them he must have gotten some kind of several premonitions about what would happen to them.