Bionicle Massive Load - Price estimation

ToaRachmaninuva

Hi there fellow Bionicle fans. If one of you feels like they would be inclined to answer my query, I would be delighted and grateful. 

I have a massive collection, and I am going to sell it. I was wondering how much it might go for. I can't really attach photos right now because I don't have any that show how much there is.

It is probably north of 400-500 sets (many doubles, triples, etc). The collection is basically like 98+% complete in terms of sets. Has a lot of extra parts, assorted by color and type. Got about 90 bohroks alone, probably more if you count spare parts. 

I noticed ebay prices have gone up a LOT for bionicle sets lately. 

If you're reading this and you also happen to be interested, contact me. 

Are you familiar with Bricklink.com? If you're able to identify a set or piece through there, you can look at their price guide to see pricing histories and averages over the past few months. Very handy imo.

Personally I'd be very interested in buying some things from the 2001 - 2002 era, but there seems to be a discrepancy between my idea of a "fair price" and what the "going rate" seems to be right now. :( Still, if you ever have trouble identifying some of those early sets, I'd enjoy trying to help identify them.

I'll echo Sudoburger's BrickLink recommendation. It's a bit of a time commitment, but if you open a BrickLink store and sell everything individually, you'd likely find buyers much more quickly and sell for higher prices on a per-set basis. I'd be surprised if you find a buyer for a collection of hundreds of sets, both because of the sheer quantity and the price tag.

It would be impossible to come up with a valuation of the whole collection right now, but if you can put together an inventory list, I'd be happy to help you price everything out. Might be interested in a few things myself.

-L

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I currently run a bricklink store known as The Selective Stash and shipping can be a major issue to overcome in the first few months of owning a store, so I'd heavily recommend Stamps.com if you need to ship orders.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.