what would happen if vezon split himself?

I don't feel like there's necessarily any one "correct" answer to this, since the Spear just did whatever the plot required and had no concise or consistent ground rules.  

Physically, the resulting creatures would probably be even more malformed than Vezon was. Since he was naturally powerless, his unfused selves would be as well. Skakdi canonically don't have the "mental focus" to use masks, but Vezon could despite being even less mentally stable than the rest of his species, so it's a 50/50 on whether the split Vezons could use masks. 

Mentally, the two resulting beings could divide up in any way. Either one could get his tactical genius, become a forgetful scatterbrain, develop homicidal tendencies, end up a sadist, or perhaps the resulting creatures would indeed just end up even more insane. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Do you know that Vezon is a half of Vezok, right? He’s like a Nobody from Kingdom Hearts. 

I also wonder what would happen if Vezon is fused back in Vezok? Would Vezok have Vezon’s memories or develop a multi-personality disorder that makes him think both of them?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Vezok used to be described as a tactical genius. After the split though, Vezon got all the brains and and Vezok got all the powers and brawn. So if we think like this that one gets one defining characteristic, one part of Vezon's half would probably get the brains (but be even more insane) the other would probably get Vezon's humor (and be less insane) and would joke that he also got the good looks.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Heyzorks said:

yes, but i was askin' what would happen if he ( a half)

got split in half.

If you think so, basically if you split a half, you get two quarters. If Vezon is split, I would think one half of him (or one quarter of Vezok on that group) would be the crazy one while the other half of Vezon would just be a great tactician. That’s how I look at it. It’s math, you know.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

He would split into Vezom, a fun-loving trickster without a bad thing to say about anyone, and Vezoth, a murderous psychopath.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I headcanon that the Spear of Fusion can be directed by the user’s intent for both fissions and fusions. Vezon was a total accident made without any particular intent, so he got a very random assortment of traits.

Vezon did threaten to split the Toa Inika into their Matoran and Toa selves, and if he’d zapped them with that intent, that may have been roughly what he got. Then again, it could just as likely be that fissions are always random, and Vezon was just rambling about nothing again.

As far as you fic is concerned though, it can work however you, the author, wants it to and still be pretty close to what we know of it in the canon.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

It should be noted that the split into Vezok and Vezon didn't seem like a perfect 50/50 split, both physically and mentally. Vezok seems physically unchanged, and among other things it's interesting that everyone (Vezok and Vezon included) seemed to intuitively know who was the original and who was the duplicate. It is accurate to say, in this usage, the Spear separated a portion of Vezok's mind and gave it a physical form, more like a 75/25 split between the two. This is distinct from, say, Vezon splitting a bat into two one-winged animals, a perfect 50/50 split. The Spear was always just a plot device that did whatever Greg thought would be cool at the time, which admittedly it usually was. I personally think Bionicle is best when it is experimental like this, so if your fanfic idea revolves around a cool concept, I think it's worth it to focus on it and not so much on strict canon.

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Vezon should have had *one* power. Dunno what it could be, though. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

He does have energy blasts in the Bionicle Heroes game. My guess he would be a shadow user although a weak one.

The games are definitely non-canon. Hypothetically, I think shadow would be a nice element for him, since I think Roodaka could use shadow just from concentration, and shadow matoran could use limited shadow powers (like vultraz, who was a powerless fire matoran before getting light drained from them and getting shadow powers). So, it seems like anyone with training or an absence of light could use them.  So who knows if vezok or vezon got the "light energy" in the split. If vezok got the light in the split, then vezon might have shadow as an element, but might not be focused enough to use them. Plus who knows if shadow skakdi would be limited by the same dna rule of skakdi that they can't use elemental powers by themselves, and can only use them in tandem with eachother. Since vezon is a loner, he'd probably never even get the chance to try to use any hypothetical element he may or may not have.

Edited by jchavoya

On 9/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, Lorentz said:

Vezon should have had *one* power. Dunno what it could be, though. 

An argument could be made that Vezon's ability to wear and use Kanohi - something other Skakdi are incapable of doing - was his one power. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

7 hours ago, Nato The Whisperer said:

An argument could be made that Vezon's ability to wear and use Kanohi - something other Skakdi are incapable of doing - was his one power. 

I’m not sure, but I imagine all skakdi  could use them. They just chose not to, didn’t have the culture to make them or the focus to make maximum use of them. I might have to reread, but one of them in the books joked that they didn’t wear masks because it would hide his smile. It also makes sense that they didn’t since it seems every skakdi has vision based powers and one other random body power. So with access to these powers, they don’t really need kanohi. Plus since their culture relied more on brute force and raiding, they would probably only get kanohi from raiding mataran villages, and would probably focus on steeling durable weapons over fragile, pretty masks that weren’t even powerful enough to stop them (plus if they did activate the power, it would probably be weaker than a toa using it since lack of focus and training with it). So I’m not sure, but the first barrier for them is getting a mask, the second barrier is actually having the discipline to focus and figure out the power, the third barrier is a desire to actually do that when they have powers that are just as strong as a mask anyway. So just a headcanon we can ignore, but I imagine all of them theoretically could, but vezon is the first we see because 1) he has all of vezok’s brains but not the aggression, so he has the focus to use one, and 2) his lack of powers would make him desperate and force him to use an external power like a mask instead of just honing his own skills like other skakdi.

13 hours ago, jchavoya said:

I’m not sure, but I imagine all skakdi  could use them.

Greg specified that Skakdi could not use Kanohi. He said, "It'd be like a street thug trying to understand Shakespeare."

Make of that what you will. 

EDIT: maybe he was just referring to the six Piraka. I'll have to check.

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Greg basically said that Skakdi can physically wear Kanohi, but lack the "mental discipline" to actually use them.

It's dumb, and really doesn't make much sense, especially given that Vezon's mental state is considerably worse than that of an average Skakdi. Hence my suggestion that being able to use Kanohi might have been a special power that Vezon possessed. 

8 hours ago, Lorentz said:

Greg specified that Skakdi could not use Kanohi. He said, "It'd be like a street thug trying to understand Shakespeare."

Make of that what you will. 

EDIT: maybe he was just referring to the six Piraka. I'll have to check.

Street thugs are perfectly capable of understanding Shakespeare. Maybe not naturally with no training, but then again no one understands shakespeare naturally with no training. Just like not even toa understand how their masks work without training. The toa metru not knowing how their masks work showed even toa cant use powers without focus and training (the inika were an odd case who i feel shouldn't have been able to work their powers so easily). Which kind of justifies my guess that skakdi are perfectly capable of using masks, but 1) don't have the desire to try since they have their own powers, and 2) don't have the access to make masks. So again, comparing it to thugs and shakespeare, the thug is perfectly capable of learning shakespeare. But 1) do they want to learn a dead way of speaking when they have a communication system that benefits them better, and 2) if they wanted to learn, do they have access to the resources to teach themselves. In both cases if someone provided the resources, and gave them motivation to learn, they should be able to learn. 

My argument was that vezon was unique in that he had the motivation from a lack of powers, and had access to a kanohi that was forcibly fused to him. Enough motivation and resources can help anyone learn anything i think.

Edited by jchavoya

3 hours ago, jchavoya said:

they should be able to learn

tell it to Greg not me

20 hours ago, Lorentz said:

tell it to Greg not me

This might be a controversial opinion, but I honestly couldn’t care less what Greg thinks. Personally I think what’s in the story is canon. Anything not written explicitly in the story is a headcanon, no matter who it comes from. Even the author’s themselves viewpoints are just headcanons, and not more canon than yours or my headcanons until they officially make it part of the storyline. It’s an opinion I started getting after JK Rowling started making all her crazy canon confirmation statements for attention. 

I think to disregard a discussion or logical argument with “the author said so in an obscure interview with only 5 seconds to think about it after hearing/reading the question” instead of offering a counter viewpoint is kind of weird. 

Ultimately though, anyone can believe what they want, so I respect the opinions of people who feel Greg’s input carries weight.

Ah yes, a Death of the Author adherent.

11 minutes ago, MR.StrawBerry13 said:

imagine we just made more and more vezons by spliting him, and then spliting that and on

I’m sure that’s an alternate universe we can visit with the Olmak. More horrible than the toa empire universe and the kingdom universe combined….