Toa Metru Nuva

Alucia

Okay, so this is part of an alternate reality storyline I’m slowly working on.

The basic idea is that this is part of a universe where Vakama never returned to the Toa. At the pivotal moment where Vakama and Matau are fighting, Matau finds himself dangling over the edge just as he does in the main time line but instead of delivering the motivational speach about saving the matoran he berates Vakama. “Look at what you have become, you have just proven that I was right, you never should have been our leader.”
In a moment of rage Vakama ignites his weapon and severs Matau’s arm at the elbow leaving him to plumet to the ground below. As he follows him down to finish the job Whenua dives in to save the Toa of air but still in his enraged state Vakama plunges his weapon into Whenua’s chest, ending his life.
Realizing what he has done Vakama flees, eventually becoming King of the VIsorak, awakening Teridax and ruling over much of Metru nui and it’s now brainwashed Matoran, except a small number

In this time the 4 remaining toa escape. 3 make the decision to remain as Toa to continue the fight while Nokama becomes a Turaga to rescue the small number of Matoran they could save.
I haven’t come up with much more yet but this changes everything. The Toa Mata never wash up on Mata Nui and eventually the 3 remaining toa Metru find themselves fighting in Mangaia and become toa Nuva instead.

So backstory out of the way starting with Matau.
Now sporting a Wind Short spear, a new synthetic left arm (complements of Artakha) and an enhanced Rhotuka shield complements of the Rahaga.

1921888207_MatauNuvaFront.png.fdd39989fedabfcae818afd1bed426c8.png941043175_MatauNuvaback.png.cb5341b3f540f84333861692e22b0b3a.png

Nuju now sports a pair of toothed tonfa blades.

1501460537_NujuNuvaFront.png.ef2185d78c5e9bc2041683cbb10fddfd.png1263989373_NujuNuvaBack.png.c01becac461cb4d78e233ba02604fea3.png

Onewa a Giant Mace staff.

1820612552_OnewaNuvafront.png.528db07e1f6269e1c897d12e12da8c35.png155696571_OnewaNuvaBack.png.d7dab18675325ad0308653d76343a729.png

We also have my Turaga Nokama revamp.

1963690722_TuragaNokama.thumb.png.a6c3f1358503df9f6132769905ba882b.png522899860_TuragaNokamaBack.png.40e2a5999f4d1c68393cc5a55efe03e0.png

And a nice group shot

1814945157_MetruNuvaGroup.png.cf362c0df7ba4e4b12401424987fadf5.png

And just because I felt like having the entire team, a shrine for Whenua

1767360208_WhenuaGrave.png.b0d4dba97d25eac1f4a502c4a3f80153.png

Also this came about as a result of me finding my old brickshelf account, so I’m slowly revamping mocs and continuing ideas. This came from an old Matau Nuva that I built back in 2007 lol
matau_nuva_1.jpg

Also huge thanks again to Galva for the masks and armor, their version of the Metru masks work perfect as Nuva versions.

Edited by Alucus of the black Abyss
  • Upvote 1

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

This is definitely an alternate timeline I'd follow. I get the impression Vakama's character is criticized often for the flip-flopping between sides (which is fair), so I like that your premise here has more drastic actions and living out the consequences, both the survivors/victims and the antagonizer. I'm sure awakened Teridax and disgraced Vakama would have an interesting dynamic as rulers.

I'd be curious to see your Vakama model for the timeline. If I knew more about sets and 3D modeling, I'd also try and complement more competently in that arena, but they look great. I've not followed every one of your topics here (apologies), so maybe you've stated this elsewhere, but is it kind of like a revamp of G1 with G2 elements mixed in? The masks especially remind me of G2. 

• Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

10 minutes ago, Aderia said:

This is definitely an alternate timeline I'd follow. I get the impression Vakama's character is criticized often for the flip-flopping between sides (which is fair), so I like that your premise here has more drastic actions and living out the consequences, both the survivors/victims and the antagonizer. I'm sure awakened Teridax and disgraced Vakama would have an interesting dynamic as rulers.

I'd be curious to see your Vakama model for the timeline. If I knew more about sets and 3D modeling, I'd also try and complement more competently in that arena, but they look great. I've not followed every one of your topics here (apologies), so maybe you've stated this elsewhere, but is it kind of like a revamp of G1 with G2 elements mixed in? The masks especially remind me of G2. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read the story idea. It's something that i'm still in the early stages of "developing" at the moment. I must admit that I know very little about the G2 story since I originally fell out of love with Bionicle before G2 can around but the plan is to make things play out as a darker and slightly altered version of events up until around the mask of light sort of time. At that point I plan to branch it out into a more original story with my own original characters.

I also want to incorperate the idea that G1 started exploring with alternate realities playing a big part in this story. I'm actually currently working on developing my own big villains for this story called the Umbran legion of Serpantis (which are actually revamps of some of the first mocs that I ever made) but I'm saving them for around halloween.

If you are interested in Vakam's design I finished him yesterday and made a topic about him as well. Vakama The Feral King

As for the 3d aspect I'm sadly not very skilled in that area either plenty of custom parts on sites like thingiverse and some other sites too. I know there are guides on how to convert these sorts of models into once that can be used in Studio which I really want to learn when I have more time.

• Upvote 1

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

23 hours ago, Alucus of the black Abyss said:

I must admit that I know very little about the G2 story since I originally fell out of love with Bionicle before G2 can around but the plan is to make things play out as a darker and slightly altered version of events up until around the mask of light sort of time.

Yes, I am the same way. When bored, I occasionally think about trying the Journey to One on Netflix, but I always say 'meh' and find something else to do. Best of luck with your storyline, I always enjoy well thought-out G1 expansions. That's one thing I enjoy - how much creative fuel G1 gave us to keep going, even approaching 2022.  I'll keep an eye out, and go check out your Vakama model in the meantime  :)

• Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

These really look like they would make great collectors sets. I'd probably remove the bottom parts of the "weird boots" and put white visorak foot spikes and Nuju would be a great set. It's not always that complex designs are ideal as a set.

Nuju is definitely my favorite. Also while Nokama looks close to the movie designs for the Turaga. It still really seems like a weird decision to not have Whenua and Nokama as Metru Nuva Toa as well.