Has Anyone Found a Kaukau in TCG Decks?

chuckschwa

Recently I purchased Toa and Bohrok decks for the Bionicle Trading Card Game. Each deck comes with 2 Kanohi, one for each respective Toa/Color of that deck (eg. A red and white Kanohi for the Tahu and Kopaka deck).

I watched a few YouTube videos of fans opening TCG decks because I was curious about mask distribution. Fortunately, I did not receive common colored Kanohi --or base masks-- for the Toa, as I've seen some people had. I did  however, get doubles of the green and blue Akaku from both the Toa and Bohrok decks. Coincidently, I got EXACTLY the same 6 Kanohi from the 3 Bohrok decks as another person on YouTube who had opened 3 different Bohrok decks. 

So it appears from my own purchases, and others, that the only colors available are blue, brown, black, green, red and white. But the only Kanohi I have seen are the Great Kakamas, Pakaris, Mirus, Haus and Akakus. No noble masks, but more importantly, no Kaukaus. Has anyone received a Kaukau in any of their Toa or Bohrok TCG decks? If not, why do you think this is?

14 minutes ago, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

I'm just wondering the series didn't even last long enough for producing cards for every known 2001-2002 era masks and be distributed. Also i think the decks were designed to be a structured format instead of random.

Oh I'm not talking about the cards, I'm talking about the plastic Kanohi masks included in the boxed starter decks (same masks found in the Kanohi blind bags/boxes). They were used as game pieces/tokens

1 hour ago, Xboxtravis said:

Do you mean BIONICLE: Quest for the Masks? I got a trans-red Kaukau and a trans-clear Kaukau for the Tahu and Kopaka packs when I was a kid from that game. 

Yes. That's pretty lucky. I just assumed the Kaukau being transparent was manufactured in such a way that it affected mask distribution. I haven't seen a single one from multiple brand new decks

12 hours ago, chuckschwa said:

Yes. That's pretty lucky. I just assumed the Kaukau being transparent was manufactured in such a way that it affected mask distribution. I haven't seen a single one from multiple brand new decks

Yeah it was this set in particular, I guess it was great luck to get two Kaukaus in it. https://brickipedia.fandom.com/wiki/4151848_BIONICLE_Trading_Card_Game_1:_Tahu_and_Kopaka

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!