Biomedia Project's MNOG is running too slow, need help

Zidonaro

Hi everyone, I just wanted some help here cuz honestly it's unpleyable. The framerate is like 15 fps and it kills the whole immersion. Does someone know of some fix or something? I'm playing on Window mode, but Fullscreen mode is exactly the same.

(P.S: I know flash isn't available anymore, but MNOG II ain't having this problem).

The irony is, this is how I remember playing the game on dial-up back in 2001-02. 

From my understanding, the game was designed for those older computers with slower internet speeds. If you play the game today on modern systems it runs super fast. The Nui-Rama battle is nearly impossible to beat.

Did you try looking into the player settings? (Right-clicking?)

Edited by chuckschwa

6 hours ago, chuckschwa said:

The irony is, this is how I remember playing the game on dial-up back in 2001-02. 

From my understanding, the game was designed for those older computers with slower internet speeds. If you play the game today on modern systems it runs super fast. The Nui-Rama battle is nearly impossible to beat.

Did you try looking into the player settings? (Right-clicking?)

I've found this old MNOG version in my old computer. It has a pink flash logo on top of the window. I think its from 2009-2010, I either downloaded from the official Bionicle site or Templar Studios website. As you can see, it's significantly faster than the original.

This is the version of MNOG that I grew up with, and that is the reason I was so bothered by the speed of the BMP version.

Yeah, the game originally was capped to 18 FPS in Flash Player 4, and that's the speed it was made for, and at which all the audio is most-in-sync.

A lot of people are used to and/or prefer 30 FPS though, so I'm working on an update which will add an FPS option you can pick at launch (re-release version) on in the menu (auto-save version).

Hoping to have that done tomorrow.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?

Interesting. It makes sense that the first video is the intended speed, considering that the game is from the early 2000's. In my opinion, the Matoran's movements are more natural on the slower version, and aside from a little bit when the screen pans, I wouldn't really call it "laggy."

P.S. best of luck with your information security!

• Upvote 1

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

2 hours ago, Zidonaro said:

Thank you for the upgrade.

Is it possible to upgrade the original 2001 release as well?

Both have been updated with this feature, the 2001 version has the setting with the other settings (under the key button in the bottom bar).

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

Are signatures still a thing?