Is Nuparu ambidextrous?

Nektann

My favorite onu-matoran turned toa has an error in the boxor where he has two disc arms instead of having a punching arm. I care about this because the boxor was the first G1 set I bought brand new and opened. I made an effort to correct the issue, but I'm wondering if I should revert it or keep him with the punching left arm or not.

Feel free to discuss below.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

They just wanted him to be more symmetrical. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

3 hours ago, Lorentz said:

They just wanted him to be more symmetrical. 

It's more asymmetrical with the flipped throwing arm and the set uses a punching arm for the back mechanism, so it's probably a weird set error. It would be cool if it were confirmed to be of minor story importance, especially since he's a very talented engineer in canon.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

6 minutes ago, Xboxtravis said:

Its important to note:

In the alternate model, Nuparu uses the normal left arm. So it makes me believe the main Boxor model is intentional. Why they included two disk arms and one punching arm instead of two punching arms and one disk arm is beyond me. 

Maybe they planned on having the alt model be the main one and switched during production, but even then I'd just like expanded lore on this character.

8 hours ago, Nektann said:

It's more asymmetrical with the flipped throwing arm and the set uses a punching arm for the back mechanism, so it's probably a weird set error. It would be cool if it were confirmed to be of minor story importance, especially since he's a very talented engineer in canon.

https://biosector01.com/wiki/The_Rebuilding

I think you answered your own question. This page on BS01 states that Matoran have the ability to rebuild parts of themselves. I think it's totally canonically plausible that Nuparu, because he is a very talented engineer, can modify his extremities for things like piloting a Boxor, then modify himself back again pretty easily. I'd say you don't need an 'official expansion of the lore' for his character to make this work in your head because 'the official lore' kind of already covers this. We just have to take it and run with it as the fans. 

• Like 3

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

9 hours ago, Aderia said:

https://biosector01.com/wiki/The_Rebuilding

I think you answered your own question. This page on BS01 states that Matoran have the ability to rebuild parts of themselves. I think it's totally canonically plausible that Nuparu, because he is a very talented engineer, can modify his extremities for things like piloting a Boxor, then modify himself back again pretty easily. I'd say you don't need an 'official expansion of the lore' for his character to make this work in your head because 'the official lore' kind of already covers this. We just have to take it and run with it as the fans. 

Nuparu modding his hands is big-time headcanon now, love it! 

• Like 1

personal_banner_6.png

I did notice that. Weird. Huh. 

Well, do what you what the left arm. 2001 Matoran builds have asymmetrical arms, anyway, in the the Boxor’s original model. Lol. That’s weird, too. You can put two left arms (the punching arms) on a Matoran. Lol. Either way is reasonable, but Nuparu having two rights arms (throwing arms) is indeed weird when you are focusing the insurrection for the default model.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)