Bionicle Database of Studio Models

Calamitous T

1325435851_BDSMCover.thumb.png.6ab8d5d37cd7584a48afe431166fd801.png

Hi all,

Today I’d like to introduce the Bionicle Database of Studio Models - a repository of digital files for Bionicle sets and models compatible with Bricklink's Studio programme.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IJyAHHGeeMkKCyhR39vl42MGvrDsQPxV?usp=sharing 5

The project is currently in Beta, as we’re currently rapidly populating the chronology of official sets. And this is where we need your help!

We need Studio models of:

Canister sets from 2005 onwards
Boxed sets from all years
Combiners
Alt builds
Canon contest winners (Artakha, Todbuk, Dark Hunters etc)

If you have any files you think might be helpful, please PM me or contact me elsewhere.

Keep on building!

-Tammy

Edited by Calamitous T
  • Upvote 2

Is this for 3D models? I didn't understand the project so I Googled "studio models" and I got results about 3D modeling but also stuff like pic related so I thought "maybe this is a collection of glamour shots for Bonkles in a really obscure image format."

UePjQcX.png

Edited by Fyndegil

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I would assume it's referring to models made in Bricklink's digital designer program. 

That said, last time I checked a lot of Bionicle parts, particularly masks and tools, aren't present in the program. There's a lot of parts packs made by fans floating around, but there's so much overlap and different versions that I imagine keeping track of which one/s were used is going to be tricky. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 12/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, Fyndegil said:

Is this for 3D models? I didn't understand the project so I Googled "studio models" and I got results about 3D modeling but also stuff like pic related so I thought "maybe this is a collection of glamour shots for Bonkles in a really obscure image format.

Pretty sure they mean stud.io

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

16 minutes ago, Calamitous T said:

it's pretty ubiquitous within the fandom.

That may be, but you can never really make assumptions about what your audience is going to understand.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.