Bionicle and Hero Factory United - A Lego World Builder Story

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Check out a story in Lego World Builder that I made. Please support this if you have a Lego World Builder account. It is about heroes from Bionicle G1 and Hero Factory uniting against their united enemies. They also learn about their similar origins. It is there to conclude both Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories after 10 years of hiatus. If it becomes successful, I hope that Lego would consider making this canon for our sakes, maybe bring Bionicle and HF back, too. :) 

https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/c16c1073-c5d6-4a05-90a3-4074c42fc50f

The story is not complete yet, but I could use some support and some contributions, so I know how to add stuff. I just made it public this year is Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, you know. The story is inspired by the Bionicle chapter books, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and a LWB story called Hiatus. I had some advice from the story’s creator. 

Wish me luck! :)

Edited by Lenny7092
Forget a word for the title.
  • Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Welp, this is a thing you made.

I'm trying to be nice. I really am. But I'm still perplexed by your need for Bionicle and HF to continue with Lego's permission. You seem constitutionally incapable of enjoying these things without official sanction from the overlords in Denmark... which defeats the point a little. I have never seen a piece of fan-created media from you, either a fanfiction or a MOC (except, arguably, this, but that's only because you're single-mindedly obsessed with the blessing of canon being offered). I know I'm speaking to the near-universal fan experience here when I say that Lego is fun because it lets you make your own models and have them play out your own stories, and it's almost unthinkable that someone seemingly so committed to Lego seems to emphasize it so little. I'm not trying to tell you how to enjoy Lego, it's just... strange. You want Lego to do all the creative work for you.

I'm also perplexed by your need for Bionicle and HF to share a universe, even though it wouldn't add anything to either storyline. Whenever asked, or whenever justifying these highly unlikely and undesirable crossover projects, you only make the vague point that they are "similar" and also that they both have loose ends. Those aren't good reasons for them to share a universe. What if Tahu met Furno just isn't a meeting I as a Bionicle (and partial HF) fan am interested in seeing play out, and I know that's the majority opinion so far.

Have you ever heard the term continuity lockout? I'd recommend reading the article on TV Tropes dedicated to it, but basically it's when a fictional storyline becomes so complicated and plot-heavy that it becomes almost impossible for new fans to jump in. It's fine with things like books or movie series marketed to adults, because they generally can be expected to seek out previous material and purchase it. Bionicle is a toy line marketed primarily to children, though, so when continuity lockout hit Bionicle, it hit hard. I bought my first BIonicle set when I was seven, in 2003. For a seven-year-old buying his or her first Lego set today, they weren't even alive when G1 ended. Lego is deciding what they do next based on those fans, the ones who are going to be spending their parents' money with reckless abandon for the next ten years, and that's okay. When I really think about it, the most Lego can do for me as someone who grew up with Bionicle is to put that same creative energy in groundbreaking new projects. So that the next generation can experience what I experienced. Seeing Lego sets advertising apps and all that does make me cringe and feel old, but that's probably how my parents and older sister felt when I spent hours each day on the family computer playing MNOG II, Junkbot and World Builder (the old Flash game). In a way, when I see little kids at the Lego store, I feel like a Turaga getting to watch Matoran hear the tales of the Toa fresh and new. Lego might realistically make some kind of one-time Bionicle tribute, like maybe a Kini-Nui set, but it's probably going to be like $99 and I probably wouldn't be able to actually buy it because I pay bills.

I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this. At the very least, you individually gathered several hundred Bionicle- and HF-related topics. That's pretty impressive. You get a lot of flak, mostly from me, but I don't want you to feel disheartened. You definitely have the same love for Bionicle that I do, and I understand wishing things were like they used to be. I think your ideas and the energy you bring to the fandom would be far better used and appreciated in writing fanfiction. I'm harsh on Bionicle/HF crossovers when they're presented as something for Lego to realistically consider, but I'm far more forgiving when I'm reviewing fanfiction, believe me. When you say Bionicle and HF should share a universe and team up to fight all the remaining antagonists, what does that mean to you? What do you picture in your head? Maybe it's awesome. Maybe you'll prove me wrong about Bionicle/HF being a bad idea and I'll be eating my words.

I'm not able to access the documents in the proposal you listed because I don't have an account, and I don't feel like making one. But BZPower has a fanfiction forum right here that's been hopelessly neglected for years now. Writing out your ideas and posting them on here would by and far be the best, most productive and most constructive thing you could possibly do for the Bionicle fandom. (So would making a MOC, or something else creative. Do you play music, draw or sculpt? Those are all great ways you can express what Lego means to you.)

My only real point is this: if Lego were to hypothetically look at BZP right now and just see us badgering them to give us more content, then they're just going to feel annoyed with us. If they see us keeping the legend alive ourselves, that will indicate to them that there's still committed fans with interest in what happens to these characters. If you decide to post your ideas in the library, or anywhere else, you'll have my full support.

• Like 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Wow, you wrote a lot. Buddy, I understand that you prefer fan fiction stuff done in BZPower. Well, you see, when I was six to seven in 2001, when I first met Bionicle, I fell in love with it, like how you have a girlfriend. Bionicle is not only fun in terms of toys, but it has a heart, unlike most themes, as it has a very good story. I always enjoy it, despite its flaws here and there. I love that it was successful. It grabbed the attention of many things, like Miramax. It has a wonderful history. It’s basically Lego’s own Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was going to have some interesting stuff in 2010 and 2011, but the first cancellation happened in 2010, so they never came to be. That broke my heart.

When Hero Factory came in the substitute for Bionicle in 2010-2014, I was cheered up, even if HF is the second best constraction theme. I was also sad when that got cancelled in 2014, but I was happy to see Bionicle coming back in 2015. However, rather than re-continuing the G1 story, it got a reboot. At first, the reboot was good in 2015, but in 2016, it gotten a little weirder, and then the second cancellation happened. That broke my heart again. It’s been 5 years since that happened, and Lego hadn’t celebrated Bionicle’s 20th anniversary this year. The nerve. 

It is also sad that Greg Farshtey hadn’t finished up the G1 story for 10 years, and HF’s story isn’t finished, either. I heard that he is preoccupied with things, like taking care of his daughter. So, when will he finish up at least the G1 story? His daughter going to college? I have been waiting for the stories to be completed. I know that you guys would say something like “it most likely wouldn’t happen”, but I don’t want to hear that because that is not going to help. 

The stories also have been unresolved things here and there. I mean, a crazy Great Being on the loose to become another Makuta Teridax (I’m calling him Nynrah in my story because he needs a real name), Pohatu and Kopaka in the Red Star, Lewa being captured by savage Jungle Agori, a cursed Great Being running away (I call him Destral), Great Beings haven’t returned to their people in Spherus Magna yet, a villain making an evil version of the Hero Factory, Core Hunter being somewhere, Voltix on the loose, a Jumper cocoon in a Drop Ship, you name it. There are a lot of underused characters, too. 

As for Hero Factory and Bionicle G1 sharing the same universe, I say that idea for my story because people remember Bionicle better than HF, and I don’t want HF to be forgotten. HF is more similar for Bionicle than RoboRiders and Slizers. HF also has heart in some ways. I thought that if HF is a part of Bionicle, like how Legends of Chima is a part of Ninjago, HF would be more appreciated. People are into shared universes these days, like the MCU. You can read about that here since you asked about how I want that: 

BAE00D42-F699-4F5F-BBC9-AF119421FB44.thumb.png.a356352b4dafb183751f6cf48f09f8f6.png 

B6C4BC78-F7ED-472B-9D9A-8EF7DA89DF11.thumb.png.28a8304118f4f64020abf5eb9fa1f51d.png

My story in Lego World Builder is trying to clean up the mess that Greg Farshtey left (the multiverse moments in Bionicle G1 is weird), and to finish what were started. You can’t leave a Lego model unfinished. Where’s the fun in that? Plus, the story is there to try to restore Bionicle’s and HF’s glory as well as it is using nostalgia. The story not only is meant to finish up Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories, but it has some new additions to make things more interesting. I’m not the only one with that kind of passion. Many people do. There is a guy in Lego World Builder who made a story called “Hiatus”, which is about Lesovikk doing stuff before he went to the seas around Mahri Nui in 2007. People love to expand their favorite things. Even the dude who made that Ninjago YouTube video called The Golden Hour this year has the right idea. 

I have been working ton the story for four months, and it is not finished yet. I published it recently because I want to get more people in LWB to follow it. I mean, if Lego Ideas may not be able to bring Bionicle back anytime soon with fans’ projects, I use LWB as a backup. A lot of people, including me, want Bionicle back, you know. 

Anyway, dude, I’m a fan who can do his best to be dedicated to Bionicle. I don’t want it to be forgotten. Whenever I say stuff like these, people in social media, like in BZP, always mock me and doubt me for no apparent reason because Bionicle’s and Hero Factory’s unasked and horrible cancellations make them act pessimistic without the themes. That’s downright sickening. Internet is evil. 

I hope you understand this. I would do fan fiction of this in BZPower’s fan fiction forums (but I’m not good at making quotes for characters), too, if you want it that way. 

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot and edited some things.

You should check out "Reviving Bionicle" by SuddenlyOranges on YouTube. I see a lot of parallels between some of the characters in the series and your posts.

43 minutes ago, Lenny7092 said:

It is also sad that Greg Farshtey hadn’t finished up the G1 story for 10 years, and HF’s story isn’t finished, either. I heard that he is preoccupied with things, like taking care of his daughter. So, when will he finish up at least the G1 story? His daughter going to college? I have been waiting for the stories to be completed. I know that you guys would say something like “it most likely wouldn’t happen”, but I don’t want to hear that. 

Okay dude, really... Do you honestly think he needs to take time away from his own daughter to finish the storylines for plastic Lego toys? You say it's sickening that people act pessimistic because they don't have Bonkles and HF, but to me this is what's sickening.

But whatever. I know you're not willing to listen to reason, so I'm not going to try and change your mind. I hope that if they ever finish the stories or revive the themes that they'll live up to your expectations.

Edited by Bambi
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Heyzorks said:

You're incredibly committed to this! i actually look forward to seeing what comes of this.

The story is not complete, but I’m glad you are liking this! I am thinking about completing the story before New Years Eve. Maybe New Years Day. :)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sailor Wah! said:

I really don't want to be rude, but the more you do of these Bionicle x Hero Factory threads, the more I think you don't really mean it seriously and that you're just kidding. 

That’s rude. I’m trying to follow this guy’s advice. I am trying to see many fan communities know about my project, so I can get somewhere with my project. I’m totally serious with what I’m doing. I never joke. Please respect that. 

EC44D021-9746-41AD-89AB-92E120E774C8.png

You said a lot, but I feel like you didn't really reply to any of the points I brought up.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:27 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Wow, you wrote a lot. Buddy, I understand that you prefer fan fiction stuff done in BZPower. Well, you see, when I was six to seven in 2001, when I first met Bionicle, I fell in love with it, like how you have a girlfriend. Bionicle is not only fun in terms of toys, but it has a heart, unlike most themes, as it has a very good story. I always enjoy it, despite its flaws here and there. I love that it was successful. It grabbed the attention of many things, like Miramax. It has a wonderful history. It’s basically Lego’s own Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was going to have some interesting stuff in 2010 and 2011, but the first cancellation happened in 2010, so they never came to be. That broke my heart.

You've made it pretty clear that you enjoyed Bionicle. I did, too. What I don't get is why you so strongly associate "Bionicle was an exceptional Lego theme" with "Lego must continue it no matter what." It's also telling that you take it for granted that only Lego can keep Bionicle alive while also subtly insulting them, by saying Bionicle had heart "unlike most themes." If you think Lego generally releases a product without heart, why are you so gung-ho for them making more? What I think you mean by "heart" is that Bionicle had incredibly immersive worldbuilding on multiple media platforms that provided an experience kids our age in the early 2000s weren't used to. Bionicle was definitely a trailblazer in that regard. But I would argue that that's the norm now, so Lego wouldn't be doing anything impressive by just continuing what they were doing 20 years ago.

Bionicle got canceled the first time because it wasn't selling like it used to. All that worldbuilding and immersion that we loved required a lot of adults working full-time jobs with guaranteed incomes. It's not reasonable to expect them to keep doing it purely for our gratification. Fortunately, Bionicle's the kind of thing that can be enjoyed without Lego actively releasing new material.  

When Hero Factory came in the substitute for Bionicle in 2010-2014, I was cheered up, even if HF is the second best constraction theme. I was also sad when that got cancelled in 2014, but I was happy to see Bionicle coming back in 2015. However, rather than re-continuing the G1 story, it got a reboot. At first, the reboot was good in 2015, but in 2016, it gotten a little weirder, and then the second cancellation happened. That broke my heart again. It’s been 5 years since that happened, and Lego hadn’t celebrated Bionicle’s 20th anniversary this year. The nerve.

You're acknowledging the narrative that you progressively enjoyed constraction less and less. You didn't enjoy HF as much as G1, or G2 as much as either of them. Neither did I. That's why their lifespans kept getting shorter and shorter. It's also pretty disrespectful to accuse Lego of having "nerve" for not doing whatever is it you want them to do to celebrate Bionicle. Especially since, when most Lego lines end, they just end with no sort of sendoff. That's normal for Lego. Bionicle getting Journey's End was a major exception, because Greg and the Story Team wanted to do something special for the longtime fans even though it Lego didn't have a huge financial incentive to. It's childish to expect Lego to give Bionicle that kind of dedication 24/7 because it made us happy when we were kids.

It is also sad that Greg Farshtey hadn’t finished up the G1 story for 10 years, and HF’s story isn’t finished, either. I heard that he is preoccupied with things, like taking care of his daughter. So, when will he finish up at least the G1 story? His daughter going to college? I have been waiting for the stories to be completed. I know that you guys would say something like “it most likely wouldn’t happen”, but I don’t want to hear that because that is not going to help.

I'm just going to give it to you straight: Greg Farshtey isn't counting down the days until Alexandria's 18th birthday so that he can finish the online serials he wrote in his spare time and published for free. In a perfect world, we'd get to see Marendar and everything Greg had in mind. It's telling that you know exactly what we're all thinking: it most likely won't happen. I don't say it to get under your skin, but it's true and relevant to what we're talking about.

The stories also have been unresolved things here and there. I mean, a crazy Great Being on the loose to become another Makuta Teridax (I’m calling him Nynrah in my story because he needs a real name), Pohatu and Kopaka in the Red Star, Lewa being captured by savage Jungle Agori, a cursed Great Being running away (I call him Destral), Great Beings haven’t returned to their people in Spherus Magna yet, a villain making an evil version of the Hero Factory, Core Hunter being somewhere, Voltix on the loose, a Jumper cocoon in a Drop Ship, you name it. There are a lot of underused characters, too.

You're just listing all the various loose ends of these Lego stories. You tend to list off a lot of basic information in your posts, which makes them get long without saying a whole lot. It's mildly interesting to me what kind of things Lego had in mind for those cliffhangers (the Bionicle ones, at least) but I'm not expecting Lego to finish them purely for our benefits. The fact that Lego brought back old characters sometimes without releasing new sets of them, like the Bohrok being activated in 2008, was unusual because the Story Team was extra good to us. It doesn't reflect well on us if we're all still here 10 years later obsessively badgering them for the next piece of lore. Sometimes, a story is more meaningful because of how it makes people feel than the objective events that happen. I know that's how it is for me. Look at Star Wars. The idea that there are millions of planets out there and there's something happening on all of them is, in and of itself, a lot more fascinating than the actual plot of Star Wars sometimes. That's how I felt as a kid, at least.

Also, reusing random names for unnamed character is kind of lazy. And why do these characters "need" names? The crazy Av-Matoran who saw Tren Krom doesn't have a name, and he's one of the most memorable non-set characters in all of Bionicle.

As for Hero Factory and Bionicle G1 sharing the same universe, I say that idea for my story because people remember Bionicle better than HF, and I don’t want HF to be forgotten. HF is more similar for Bionicle than RoboRiders and Slizers. HF also has heart in some ways. I thought that if HF is a part of Bionicle, like how Legends of Chima is a part of Ninjago, HF would be more appreciated. People are into shared universes these days, like the MCU. You can read about that here since you asked about how I want that: 

[snip]

You're admitting here again that, between the two, HF is the weaker franchise to Bionicle. You're accepting that Lego got worse at meeting your needs as an adult fan, not better. The MCU was created from the ground up to be a shared universe. It would be a far different thing if Marvel tried to fit the MCU into the same continuity as the original comic books, which can have an incredibly different tone.

As for the story you've presented on its own, it's fine. It's not my cup of tea, but I think it's cool you put all that thought into it and got it written down. It's really the entitled attitude you take toward Lego that's objectionable more than the actual story you want them to tell. Which, again, you seem to have it all pretty much figured out in your head already, so what do you need Lego for exactly?

My story in Lego World Builder is trying to clean up the mess that Greg Farshtey left (the multiverse moments in Bionicle G1 is weird), and to finish what were started. You can’t leave a Lego model unfinished. Where’s the fun in that? Plus, the story is there to try to restore Bionicle’s and HF’s glory as well as it is using nostalgia. The story not only is meant to finish up Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories, but it has some new additions to make things more interesting. I’m not the only one with that kind of passion. Many people do. There is a guy in Lego World Builder who made a story called “Hiatus”, which is about Lesovikk doing stuff before he went to the seas around Mahri Nui in 2007. People love to expand their favorite things. Even the dude who made that Ninjago YouTube video called The Golden Hour this year has the right idea. 

I have been working ton the story for four months, and it is not finished yet. I published it recently because I want to get more people in LWB to follow it. I mean, if Lego Ideas may not be able to bring Bionicle back anytime soon with fans’ projects, I use LWB as a backup. A lot of people, including me, want Bionicle back, you know. 

Anyway, dude, I’m a fan who can do his best to be dedicated to Bionicle. I don’t want it to be forgotten. Whenever I say stuff like these, people in social media, like in BZP, always mock me and doubt me for no apparent reason because Bionicle’s and Hero Factory’s unasked and horrible cancellations make them act pessimistic without the themes. That’s downright sickening. Internet is evil. 

I hope you understand this. I would do fan fiction of this in BZPower’s fan fiction forums (but I’m not good at making quotes for characters), too, if you want it that way. 

It's weird that you're so willing to insult Greg's writing style by calling the Bionicle multiverse, a pretty big part of Greg's writing that he seems to enjoy creating and consider important to Bionicle's themes, a "mess," while also expecting him to prioritize finishing that story over raising his child.

I don't mean to mock you. People on the Internet can be cruel. But do you see even a little bit how you feed it? The things you treat as realistic and reasonable expectations from Lego just aren't. You want Bionicle back, but you want in back in an incredibly specific way seemingly tailored to you personally. You say you love Lego and Bionicle, but you also say some pretty disparaging stuff, unprompted, about the people behind it.

I'm also surprised that, in response to my suggestion that you produce your own fan content independently of Lego the company (the main point of my first post), you dedicate one line to addressing it directly. Writing fanfiction is tough. I look and some stuff I wrote back in the day and cringe pretty bad. But it's fanfiction. It's a different standard. I always have fun writing it, and I like to think other Bionicle fans have fun reading it. That's a lot more important to me than what happens to the cursed Great Being.

I hope you pick on that I love Bionicle and, in a perfect world, I'd like there to be new sets and story, too. The way you choose to budget your time and energy in the fan community makes it seem like you have no identity outside of wanting Lego to do a Bionicle/HF crossover, though. Do you?

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

1 hour ago, Master Inika said:

You said a lot, but I feel like you didn't really reply to any of the points I brought up.

You've made it pretty clear that you enjoyed Bionicle. I did, too. What I don't get is why you so strongly associate "Bionicle was an exceptional Lego theme" with "Lego must continue it no matter what." It's also telling that you take it for granted that only Lego can keep Bionicle alive while also subtly insulting them, by saying Bionicle had heart "unlike most themes." If you think Lego generally releases a product without heart, why are you so gung-ho for them making more? What I think you mean by "heart" is that Bionicle had incredibly immersive worldbuilding on multiple media platforms that provided an experience kids our age in the early 2000s weren't used to. Bionicle was definitely a trailblazer in that regard. But I would argue that that's the norm now, so Lego wouldn't be doing anything impressive by just continuing what they were doing 20 years ago.

Bionicle got canceled the first time because it wasn't selling like it used to. All that worldbuilding and immersion that we loved required a lot of adults working full-time jobs with guaranteed incomes. It's not reasonable to expect them to keep doing it purely for our gratification. Fortunately, Bionicle's the kind of thing that can be enjoyed without Lego actively releasing new material.  

You're acknowledging the narrative that you progressively enjoyed constraction less and less. You didn't enjoy HF as much as G1, or G2 as much as either of them. Neither did I. That's why their lifespans kept getting shorter and shorter. It's also pretty disrespectful to accuse Lego of having "nerve" for not doing whatever is it you want them to do to celebrate Bionicle. Especially since, when most Lego lines end, they just end with no sort of sendoff. That's normal for Lego. Bionicle getting Journey's End was a major exception, because Greg and the Story Team wanted to do something special for the longtime fans even though it Lego didn't have a huge financial incentive to. It's childish to expect Lego to give Bionicle that kind of dedication 24/7 because it made us happy when we were kids.

I'm just going to give it to you straight: Greg Farshtey isn't counting down the days until Alexandria's 18th birthday so that he can finish the online serials he wrote in his spare time and published for free. In a perfect world, we'd get to see Marendar and everything Greg had in mind. It's telling that you know exactly what we're all thinking: it most likely won't happen. I don't say it to get under your skin, but it's true and relevant to what we're talking about.

You're just listing all the various loose ends of these Lego stories. You tend to list off a lot of basic information in your posts, which makes them get long without saying a whole lot. It's mildly interesting to me what kind of things Lego had in mind for those cliffhangers (the Bionicle ones, at least) but I'm not expecting Lego to finish them purely for our benefits. The fact that Lego brought back old characters sometimes without releasing new sets of them, like the Bohrok being activated in 2008, was unusual because the Story Team was extra good to us. It doesn't reflect well on us if we're all still here 10 years later obsessively badgering them for the next piece of lore. Sometimes, a story is more meaningful because of how it makes people feel than the objective events that happen. I know that's how it is for me. Look at Star Wars. The idea that there are millions of planets out there and there's something happening on all of them is, in and of itself, a lot more fascinating than the actual plot of Star Wars sometimes. That's how I felt as a kid, at least.

Also, reusing random names for unnamed character is kind of lazy. And why do these characters "need" names? The crazy Av-Matoran who saw Tren Krom doesn't have a name, and he's one of the most memorable non-set characters in all of Bionicle.

You're admitting here again that, between the two, HF is the weaker franchise to Bionicle. You're accepting that Lego got worse at meeting your needs as an adult fan, not better. The MCU was created from the ground up to be a shared universe. It would be a far different thing if Marvel tried to fit the MCU into the same continuity as the original comic books, which can have an incredibly different tone.

As for the story you've presented on its own, it's fine. It's not my cup of tea, but I think it's cool you put all that thought into it and got it written down. It's really the entitled attitude you take toward Lego that's objectionable more than the actual story you want them to tell. Which, again, you seem to have it all pretty much figured out in your head already, so what do you need Lego for exactly?

It's weird that you're so willing to insult Greg's writing style by calling the Bionicle multiverse, a pretty big part of Greg's writing that he seems to enjoy creating and consider important to Bionicle's themes, a "mess," while also expecting him to prioritize finishing that story over raising his child.

I don't mean to mock you. People on the Internet can be cruel. But do you see even a little bit how you feed it? The things you treat as realistic and reasonable expectations from Lego just aren't. You want Bionicle back, but you want in back in an incredibly specific way seemingly tailored to you personally. You say you love Lego and Bionicle, but you also say some pretty disparaging stuff, unprompted, about the people behind it.

I'm also surprised that, in response to my suggestion that you produce your own fan content independently of Lego the company (the main point of my first post), you dedicate one line to addressing it directly. Writing fanfiction is tough. I look and some stuff I wrote back in the day and cringe pretty bad. But it's fanfiction. It's a different standard. I always have fun writing it, and I like to think other Bionicle fans have fun reading it. That's a lot more important to me than what happens to the cursed Great Being.

I hope you pick on that I love Bionicle and, in a perfect world, I'd like there to be new sets and story, too. The way you choose to budget your time and energy in the fan community makes it seem like you have no identity outside of wanting Lego to do a Bionicle/HF crossover, though. Do you?

I understand what you’re saying, again. I still don’t like unfinished work. There are many people that don’t, either. I’m sorry that you think that way about me talking about the multiverse idea. I thought that it was a reason why Bionicle G1 got cancelled, as many people believe that. Anyway, I’m basically a dedicated fan to the two best constraction themes (well, Bionicle is the first best). Anyway, about fanfiction, here you go: 

It’s a substitute for those who don’t have Lego World Builder accounts. It’s not finished, but I will finish it soon. Please give the time to read.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot soemthing.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:41 AM, Lenny7092 said:

That’s rude. I’m trying to follow this guy’s advice. I am trying to see many fan communities know about my project, so I can get somewhere with my project. I’m totally serious with what I’m doing. I never joke. Please respect that. 

EC44D021-9746-41AD-89AB-92E120E774C8.png

I'm sorry for that, but if I'm really honest to you: I can no longer take the way you argue and how you still want your Bionicle X HF story after all the backlash really seriously. Because the way you write doesn't seem very convincing to me (and many others too) and sometimes seems very immature, and you are definitely older than me.

To me, it all just seems like a joke, but if you say you're totally serious what you're doing, then you're totally serious what you're doing.

Edited by Sailor Wah!

22 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I thought that it was a reason why Bionicle G1 got cancelled, as many people believe that.

I'm gonna ask for a source on that. I don't think I've ever met another Bionicle fan who cited the AU stuff as being the cause for Bionicle's cancallation. 

I won't disagree that it sometimes got messy and convoluted in ways that kind of demeaned others characters and plot points, (shadow Takanuva army), but the multiverse stuff also gave us some of Bionicle's most unique stories (lToa Empire universe). 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Some people want to see Bionicle return; others don't. Some people want Bionicle and Hero Factory to share a universe; others don't. Some people want Greg to canonize new things; others don't. There's no "correct" opinion. Personally, I think that part of the fun of loose ends is getting to create your own stories! LEGO is all about creativity, and something doesn't have to be "canon" in order to be valuable. I think that's what peoples are trying to tell you, Lenny7092. You don't need LEGO's permission to be creative! Write your story because you enjoy it.

Anyway, I think the discussion in this topic has about run its course. If you would like to read Lenny7092's story, you can do so in the topic they have provided, and you can leave your feedback in the discussion topic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 5:57 PM, Eyru said:

Some people want to see Bionicle return; others don't. Some people want Bionicle and Hero Factory to share a universe; others don't. Some people want Greg to canonize new things; others don't. There's no "correct" opinion. Personally, I think that part of the fun of loose ends is getting to create your own stories! LEGO is all about creativity, and something doesn't have to be "canon" in order to be valuable. I think that's what peoples are trying to tell you, Lenny7092. You don't need LEGO's permission to be creative! Write your story because you enjoy it.

Anyway, I think the discussion in this topic has about run its course. If you would like to read Lenny7092's story, you can do so in the topic they have provided, and you can leave your feedback in the discussion topic.

Thanks so much! I also hope if there is any BZPower member that has Lego World Builder account, anyway. 

Well, the thing is that I saw a Ninjago fan used Lego World Builder to make a story about Sensei Wu fighting against the Time Twins while they time-travel, which explains how Wu got turned into a baby in Ninjago’s Season 8. Here’s the link: Ninjago Golden Hour . It’s amazing that he made that story, and then Lego made it canon! This guy got the baby-transformation-mystery solved. 

There is a Bionicle fan who made this story called Hiatus, which is about Lesovikk’s adventure before he went to Mahri Nui. It’s not complete, but he wants to expand on Lesovikk and hopes Lego World Builder will make it canon during a Pitch Fest: Hiatus . It was feature in LWB’s Instagram post in 2021. That’s very cool, and it’s nice to expand on Lesovikk’s life. 

So, both of these things inspired me to make my story here, as I wouldn’t have to rely on the authors of Bionicle G1’s and Hero Factory’s stories to finish them up. My story is not complete, but I am working on it. Of course, you guys have opinion, but in MY story, I am finishing up Bionicle G1’s story, HF’s story, and have them share the same universe because I love them as much as you guys do. Creativity is not easy, but I am doing it. I also hope LWB would consider making my story once it’s done. :)

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot something.