[UNOFFICIAL] BZP Lego Universe Server

BULiK

I'm finding the same issue as Taria Pakari, on the previous page, with the version I installed from the original disk; I get that exact same launcher screen and only seem to have a legouniverselauncher.exe. Does this mean that the disk version I have is no good for running this server, either?

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

4 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I'm finding the same issue as Taria Pakari, on the previous page, with the version I installed from the original disk; I get that exact same launcher screen and only seem to have a legouniverselauncher.exe. Does this mean that the disk version I have is no good for running this server, either?

Yeah, the retail release, whether on disc or on Steam, only includes the launcher on first install with the launcher installing the newest game data from the then-active official servers on boot. If you don't have an existing installation from when the official servers were online, you have to obtain a copy of the final revision (version 1.64) of the game (preferably an "unpacked" copy) online. You can easily find copies of the complete client archived from prominent community members with a quick online search.

Edited by Alia of AGL
Grammar fixes
  • Like 2

- Bionicle Fan since 2002

- Former Lego Universe Alpha/Beta Tester

- Owner of The AGL Group

6 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Did you replace the boot with his boot correctly? I one time replace the hole boot with his and it got messed up. Try left click and then press edit and then just edit the parts he said to do and copy and paste. :)

On 3/28/2022 at 8:45 PM, Alia of AGL said:

Yeah, the retail release, whether on disc or on Steam, only includes the launcher on first install with the launcher installing the newest game data from the then-active official servers on boot. If you don't have an existing installation from when the official servers were online, you have to obtain a copy of the final revision (version 1.64) of the game (preferably an "unpacked" copy) online. You can easily find copies of the complete client archived from prominent community members with a quick online search.

Oh right, that makes a lot of sense; I didn't even realise that would factor into it. Thanks for clarifying!

And thanks to minfamily8 for the client link!

Anyway, I've now got it all working and ready to go! Not going to start playing quite right away, but I'll definitely give it a try over the next few days ^^

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

7 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Oh right, that makes a lot of sense; I didn't even realise that would factor into it. Thanks for clarifying!

And thanks to minfamily8 for the client link!

Anyway, I've now got it all working and ready to go! Not going to start playing quite right away, but I'll definitely give it a try over the next few days ^^

No problem. Glad everything worked out. See you later in LU!!!!(If block yard works. :))

Edited by minfamily8

I'm unsure of the exact block yard issue you're having - some have had esoteric loading issues in the past but ??? - but I have reset the server so perhaps that helped matters?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On 4/6/2022 at 3:11 AM, BULiK said:

I'm unsure of the exact block yard issue you're having - some have had esoteric loading issues in the past but ??? - but I have reset the server so perhaps that helped matters?

I deleted my old minifig already, but it seems to be working on my new one. Thank you.

Edited by minfamily8

Is the server still on?? I replaced the boot.cfg. The game opens but closes right away :(

God I'm so sorry for all those comments. I thought they weren't uploaded yet so I kept refreshing the page and trying until I realised 

Edited by SavageDawg

14 hours ago, SavageDawg said:

Is the server still on?? I replaced the boot.cfg. The game opens but closes right away :(

God I'm so sorry for all those comments. I thought they weren't uploaded yet so I kept refreshing the page and trying until I realised 

I just checked and the server is still up. You must be having a client side issue - try installing your client or finding a different client download, preferably one that matches the checksums on darkflameuniverses's github repo.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, minfamily8 said:

I have a question. Are you planning to add frostburgh? I never been there before, and I was if you are going to add it.

Haven't responded yet because I don't have an answer yet. I've heard it's possible to be modded in but I'll need to find the instructions for that and the time to implement it. If I can do that, yes, eventually.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

On 4/22/2022 at 4:50 AM, BULiK said:

I just checked and the server is still up. You must be having a client side issue - try installing your client or finding a different client download, preferably one that matches the checksums on darkflameuniverses's github repo.

Haven't responded yet because I don't have an answer yet. I've heard it's possible to be modded in but I'll need to find the instructions for that and the time to implement it. If I can do that, yes, eventually.

Thanks for replying! if it's too much trouble, you don't have to do it. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi BULiK,

first of all, thanks for setting the server up. Its great to be able to play that game again, after all these years. Even considered to ask a firend or to to join me.

But now i got stuck/glitched sadly. I was fighting the dragons at the end of forbidden valley. One kicked me off the platform and now im walking around in an endless nothingness. Relgogging didnt help. :(

2 hours ago, GracefulCheetah said:

Hi BULiK,

first of all, thanks for setting the server up. Its great to be able to play that game again, after all these years. Even considered to ask a firend or to to join me.

But now i got stuck/glitched sadly. I was fighting the dragons at the end of forbidden valley. One kicked me off the platform and now im walking around in an endless nothingness. Relgogging didnt help. :(

Yeah I had that trouble too. You have to go to Help Menu and press Smash Me.

• Like 1

^ yeah, hitting smash me in the help menu should hopefully fix it, but if that doesn't, let me know and I can try to teleport you back in the playable portion of the level again

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Thanks so much for setting all this up! I got into everything just fine today and have been playing with very few issues, but I just went to another player's world on Nimbus Rock and my game booted me out. Now every time I log in, it automatically loads into Nimbus Rock and kicks me out to the main menu again, and then tells me I can't sign in. Opening and closing the game doesn't seem to fix it. Anything I can do to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds awesome! I too got to play on alpha or beta, and I LOVED THE GAME! It was MY GAME. & I'm not a very big video gamer. I'm not computer savvy, but looking forward to when I can get some help to either join your MMO or get a server set up. Thanks in advance.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:04 PM, GoldenDew said:

Hey,

Thanks so much for setting all this up! I got into everything just fine today and have been playing with very few issues, but I just went to another player's world on Nimbus Rock and my game booted me out. Now every time I log in, it automatically loads into Nimbus Rock and kicks me out to the main menu again, and then tells me I can't sign in. Opening and closing the game doesn't seem to fix it. Anything I can do to fix this?

I just ran into the same issue. Is there a fix for this? I really don't want to have to start over, but I can't get past the loading screen.

Give me your character name and I can teleport them out of there.

Done

Edited by BULiK

• 5 weeks later...

The server's been unstable the past few days after an upgrade. I'm working on finding the issue.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, minfamily8 said:

Hi, I'm having trouble signing inn. Whenever I tried signing inn it just stays at Summiting Username and doesn't sign me inn. How do I fix this.

I've restarted the server to fix this issue. Over the last weekend, I made some changes that should help it be more stable than it has been this past month, so some unexpected behavior may pop up.