So, I started this waaaaaay back earlier in the year. Stalled on the sketch for ages, finally got it coloured... and the stalled some more when it came to adding the digital background. But I finally got around to finishing that in my end-of-year clean-up; and now that it's done, I wanted to share it on here while it's still (barely!) Bionicle's anniversary year!

The final picture is A2 size, so... it's fairly big!

dex316e-d9e71568-0f54-4497-9128-28d75c19

I may have taken far longer than necessary picking the characters to include; but I wanted to feature one from EVERY line of small, canister and Titan sets from the ten years of G1's run - thirty-eight lines in total, by my count. I also wanted to make sure that I had a roughly equal amount of characters included per elemental affiliation (each of the key six elements is, in the final picture, represented by three canister-sized characters and two small-sized characters... with the exception of Air which got the extra canister-sized character - Toa Iruini - at the expense of any small ones), and that I didn't repeat any characters or any mask shapes (the Nui-Jaga being the only exception to the latter, due to not wearing its masks as masks), amongst other considerations. Some characters, I chose because they were my favourite of their wave, or have special nostalgic significance to me, (or, in the case of Tahu Star, were the only one of their wave who felt suitably iconic) while others were simply picked to work with the choices I had already made.

I'm not gonna list every character who's here... suffice it to say, there's a lot of them, and I hope they're all recognisable for who they are! It was a lot of work, and I don't claim to be that adept with colour pencils, so forgive me if the colouring is a bit unprofessional still. The background (for what little can be seen of it!) was done digitally to differentiate it more clearly from the characters, and, well...

It was certainly a challenge, but it was fun! And I'm glad to have got it finished in time, if only barely :D
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

that is super impressive! Also, you used coloured pencil, which imo can be a pain to work with for bigger things (because it takes for-ever) - as said, impressive, and I really admire the dedication. :)

The way you kept the designs set-like, yet somewhat stylized also caught my eye. It's nice!
Goes without saying that you should be proud of finishing this, really. ^^

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

On 12/31/2021 at 5:39 PM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I'm not gonna list every character who's here...

Allow me:

Small Sets

Onepu (2001)

Nokama (2001)

Tahnok Va (2002)

Matoro (2003)

Nuhrii (2004)

Kualus (2005)

Dalu (2006)

Dekar (2007)

Kirop (2008)

Zesk (2009)

Canister Sets

Lewa (2001)

Gahlok (2002)

Kopaka Nuva (2002)

Lehvak-Kal (2003)

Turahk (2003)

Onewa (2004)

Rorzakh (2004)

Vakama (2005)

Oohnorak (2005)

Avak (2006)

Nuparu (2006)

Pridak (2007)

Hahli (2007)

Pohatu (2008)

Krika (2008)

Gresh (2009)

Kiina (2009)

Tahu (2010)

Large Sets

Nui-Jaga (2001)

Bahrag (2002)

Makuta (2003)

Nidhiki (2004)

Roodaka (2005)

Vezon & Fenrakk (2006)

Karzahni (2007)

Takanuva (2008)

Mata Nui (2009)

This is a beautiful image, and it fills me with joy to look at it. I could name each character and year almost immediately, and it just makes me feel really good to see someone else who cares about this stuff to. Plus, it's beautifully drawn. Please, keep drawing. It's magnificent to behold.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 4 weeks later...

My response it late, I'm only just checking back into BZ now... but thank-you, all, ever so much for your kind words! It means a lot to me that you each like this so much! :D

Master Inika, I'm impressed that you took the time to list everyone! I also included Toa Iruini - though only two sets, I counted the Hagah as a separate wave for the purposes of including one of them - and I also slipped in a tiiiiiny little Click on Mata Nui's shoulder, too!

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

7 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

My response it late, I'm only just checking back into BZ now... but thank-you, all, ever so much for your kind words! It means a lot to me that you each like this so much! :D

Master Inika, I'm impressed that you took the time to list everyone! I also included Toa Iruini - though only two sets, I counted the Hagah as a separate wave for the purposes of including one of them - and I also slipped in a tiiiiiny little Click on Mata Nui's shoulder, too!

I feel bad for missing Iruini, because I saw him, I just didn't list him for whatever reason.

I totally missed Click, though.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 8 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

what about polybags?

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif