Mangai Project Teaser Trailer

Max_Nui

The teaser for The Mangai Animated series is up! I thought I'd give an update here since there was quite a bit of interest.

image.thumb.png.c253fa6cae2b1721e6ef03ae29726fd8.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xG7TNVwdw

We're currently working on funding the series pilot and expect it to release this year. If you aren't familiar with the series, it follows the Toa Mangai through their formation to defend Metru Nui from the Kanohi Dragon - and ends with the death of the Mangai by Eliminator. It's animated in a 2D hand-animated art style reminiscent of Samurai Jack or The Clone Wars mini-series.

I'm interested to know what you guys think! And if you're interested in learning more here's the link to our website: https://www.themangaiproject.com/

• Like 1

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

This is the only Patreon actually worth paying for. 

(Seriously, please consider supporting this project. It has tons of talented artists and technicians behind it, and shows more promise and potential than almost any other fan-project I've ever seen.)

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Oooh, this looks cool, I like it :D The animation style is fantastic... I love the way it kind of recalls the style of MNOG, while at the same time being very distinctly its own thing; and how much expression you get out of Lhikan's eyes, even though they're the only part of his face to move, is equally impressive. Really like that you're using a hand-animated style for this, too; 2D animation just doesn't get enough love these days, so that makes me happy ^^

I'm curious: is the project going to be voiced in the end? Or is it all character interaction going to be conveyed by body language / subtitles, like in so much of the classic Bionicle media?

Either way, I'm eager to see this as it progresses... and I honestly love that Lhikan's getting the focus, too; he's long been one of my favourites!

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

On 2/5/2022 at 8:22 AM, Heyzorks said:

This looks so good. don't give up making this!

Unfortunately, it's not a matter of giving up, it's a matter of finance! If we can't afford to pay our animators, it's over. We need your help! 

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

-snip-

Edited by Lorentz
I quoted myself instead of editing the post lol

On 2/5/2022 at 10:17 AM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I'm curious: is the project going to be voiced in the end? Or is it all character interaction going to be conveyed by body language / subtitles, like in so much of the classic Bionicle media?

The project will be voiced. We already have a complete cast for episode 1, and they're working on their recordings now! :)

I saw this a couple days ago and got excited. I just hope to Mata Nui that this doesn't end here. So many projects stop after the first episode and such. Please prove me wrong

• Like 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

18 hours ago, Onvermel said:

I saw this a couple days ago and got excited. I just hope to Mata Nui that this doesn't end here. So many projects stop after the first episode and such. Please prove me wrong

It's all a matter of funding, unfortunately. As passionate as we are (and we are), we can only produce what we are able to afford. We can't prove anything to anyone without your support :) 

Edited by Lorentz
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 7:44 PM, Onvermel said:

I can second Lorentz here. The pilot episode alone is estimated to cost us about $1,500 USD to pay animators. Animators do not work for free (even if it's for a fan-project they're really passionate about), which is actually something that surprises alot of people!

So, I'll plug the patreon link here if anyone wants to help make this thing happen. We're actually planning on doing a raffle in the next few weeks for the original Makuta Gorast model I designed for the show, so there are definitely plenty of rewards as well. :)

https://www.patreon.com/themangaiproject

• Like 1