Forum Upgrades Incoming

Over the next few days, we plan on performing some long-overdue upgrades to BZPower's forums to get us running on the latest version of our forum software. While this happens, the forums will obviously be offline, and the entire site may experience some brief downtime. We don't expect there to be any major issues, but things may look a bit different when we come back. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while this happens!

View the full article

• Like 2

Okay, it looks like the forums are back. Great!

However, I do have one issue. 

I noticed that on at least three of our boards (Games and More, Completely Off-Topic, and Off-Topic Culture; there may be more that I haven't noticed), each topic has a sidebar with information about top posters in the topic (Exhibit A). While this is a nice thought, unfortunately it leads to the posts in those topics becoming squished and moved over to the left side of the screen, while leaving a ton of blank space on the right side of the screen starting partway through the page (Exhibit B). I am wondering why this feature was included in these three boards specifically and none of the others. It's really jarring when compared to the rest of the site. Can this feature be removed? I frequent the RPG board and I'm used to having my text box be in the center of the screen, and I'm sure my fellow members who also use that board a lot will agree with me.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Okay, it looks like the forums are back. Great!

However, I do have one issue. 

I noticed that on at least three of our boards (Games and More, Completely Off-Topic, and Off-Topic Culture; there may be more that I haven't noticed), each topic has a sidebar with information about top posters in the topic (Exhibit A). While this is a nice thought, unfortunately it leads to the posts in those topics becoming squished and moved over to the left side of the screen, while leaving a ton of blank space on the right side of the screen starting partway through the page (Exhibit B). I am wondering why this feature was included in these three boards specifically and none of the others. It's really jarring when compared to the rest of the site. Can this feature be removed? I frequent the RPG board and I'm used to having my text box be in the center of the screen, and I'm sure my fellow members who also use that board a lot will agree with me.

That should be turned off now. Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 1

While bringing back post rank images and titles for all of us to see is obviously something you're still working on fixing, I'd like to point out that I am able to see my post rank image and title in the drop-down list from clicking my username in the upper right corner of the screen, with the additional note of it being rank ###/293. (For a forum that has been notoriously secretive about the post ranges of various images and titles, knowing the total number of them all is quite a significant clue for those of us interested in keeping track of them.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

17 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

While bringing back post rank images and titles for all of us to see is obviously something you're still working on fixing, I'd like to point out that I am able to see my post rank image and title in the drop-down list from clicking my username in the upper right corner of the screen, with the additional note of it being rank ###/293. (For a forum that has been notoriously secretive about the post ranges of various images and titles, knowing the total number of them all is quite a significant clue for those of us interested in keeping track of them.)

Interesting! That may be helpful. Please let me know if you spot your rank anywhere else.

Edit: Looks like I've gotten the images appearing fairly nicely on profiles, so that's a start at least!

I can see the six gold gears icon identifying you as an admin, but I currently do not see any other post rank images or titles showing up here on these forum posts.

And yes I can see other member's post rank titles and images on their profile pages, so thanks for letting us know about that at least.

While post rank images and titles still don't show up in the posts, at least I can see them by simply moving the cursor over the member's username or avatar to automatically bring up that small profile box, which I recall had been showing up as a blank error message in the initial days after the forum upgrade, so I guess that's another feature that's now back to working as good as usual.